Type keyword(s) to search

Josiah and Lauren: He Has To Marry Somebody

• Start Topic

(edited)
5 hours ago, louannems said:

I just read pages of comments on Si's Instagram, under the photo of the family dinner.  People were saying that Lauren has an Associate's degree.  I never did find out in what field and I got tired of reading!

Does anyone know if this is true?  If so, well, all of these Duggar men marrying educated women sounds surreal, to use a Duggar term.

5 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I doubt it. Lauren is only 18 or 19. If she has any degree it's probably some useless certificate from a Fundie diploma mill.

I also doubt she has an AA. I think the leghumpers are prone to ascribe all sorts of accomplishments to the Duggars and Duggar-adjacents which are just wishful thinking. And their idealization of the Duggs is picked up by people who are not uber-fundie but mainstream evangelical, don't watch the show but just got ideas from the publicity and what their leghumper friends burbled. Based on some comments I've seen online and heard, many of them - leghumpers and the rest - believe that all the Duggar kids have passed the GED, that Michelle is a super-efficient skilled homemaker who served her kids wholesome home-cooked meals while homeschooling them, and all the Duggarlings are clean, neat, well-disciplined, kind, musically accomplished, and devout. And the house is clean and super well-organized.

So, Lauren having an AA? Doubt it. Maybe she took some community college classes. 

ETA: I was posting at the same time as @louannems. Snap. It would be nice if Lauren has an AA, but since as a Duggar her job will be to have babies, ASAP and forever, it's not all that relevant to her new life anyway. Josiah's the one who will have a job and support the family.

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 15
36 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

I also doubt she has an AA. I think the leghumpers are prone to ascribe all sorts of accomplishments to the Duggars and Duggar-adjacents which are just wishful thinking. And their idealization of the Duggs is picked up by people who are not uber-fundie but mainstream evangelical, don't watch the show but just got ideas from the publicity and what their leghumper friends burbled. Based on some comments I've seen online and heard, many of them - leghumpers and the rest - believe that all the Duggar kids have passed the GED, that Michelle is a super-efficient skilled homemaker who served her kids wholesome home-cooked meals while homeschooling them, and all the Duggarlings are clean, neat, well-disciplined, kind, musically accomplished, and devout. And the house is clean and super well-organized.

I couldn't agree more. I've seen leghumpers who insist that Jill is a licensed professional midwife, that Jessa is a best-selling author, that Jinger is a professional photographer and that Jana owns and operates several successful businesses. I think it's partly wishful thinking and idealization, but it's also partly a desire to defend Jim Bob and Michelle against the "haters" who accuse them of refusing to provide their daughters with any kind of real education or allowing them to have any independence as fully-realized adults.

• Love 17
53 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

it's also partly a desire to defend Jim Bob and Michelle against the "haters" who accuse them of refusing to provide their daughters children with any kind of real education or allowing them to have any independence as fully-realized adults.

Duggar sons #1 (Smugs) and #2 (JD) don't seem to be either independent or fully-realized adults. JD's doing better than Smugs and seems to be capable of actual work and accomplishment. But IMO they are both still firmly circling within JB's orbit. I think JD has a brighter future than Smugs because he's just an arrogant fundie without Smugs' obnoxious personality defects. But he's still def working for Daddy. Just my opinion, YMMV.

• Love 13
(edited)

Sure, it was just the two of them out. Being unchaperoned made them so hungry they were photographed with eight pizzas. Those two are carbo loading before the wedding. ?

Edited by SMama
  • Love 24
11 minutes ago, Jeeves said:
1 hour ago, Albanyguy said:

it's also partly a desire to defend Jim Bob and Michelle against the "haters" who accuse them of refusing to provide their daughters children with any kind of real education or allowing them to have any independence as fully-realized adults.

Duggar sons #1 (Smugs) and #2 (JD) don't seem to be either independent or fully-realized adults. JD's doing better than Smugs and seems to be capable of actual work and accomplishment. But IMO they are both still firmly circling within JB's orbit. I think JD has a brighter future than Smugs because he's just an arrogant fundie without Smugs' obnoxious personality defects. But he's still def working for Daddy. Just my opinion, YMMV.

Oh, I agree with you about the sons. I just used the word "daughters" because the leghumpers seem to focus almost entirely on them, insisting that the girls are well-rounded and completely free to do anything they want in life. They don't seem to care that much about the boys, except for Josh whom they all love and want to see back on TV.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Albanyguy said:

Oh, I agree with you about the sons. I just used the word "daughters" because the leghumpers seem to focus almost entirely on them, insisting that the girls are well-rounded and completely free to do anything they want in life. They don't seem to care that much about the boys, except for Josh whom they all love and want to see back on TV.

Good point, that. And of all the insanity on display around the Duggars, I really don't get all the Josh love. Eww.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Jeeves said:

Good point, that. And of all the insanity on display around the Duggars, I really don't get all the Josh love. Eww.

Josh is probably the best at reciting bible passages?

• Love 1
8 hours ago, louannems said:

One commentor claims she was in a college pyschology class with Lauren.  It was some duel program, where high school kids also attend community college.  In my state, lots of motivated seniors graduate with a high school diploma plus their Associate's degree.  Community college is free as long as they're still enrolled in high school.

I'm not sure how this works with SOTDRT  though!

My nephew received his associate degree from the local community college the same week he graduated high school.  The public schools in his area had an agreement with the local cc to provide classes for advanced high school students which he got to take tuition-free.  He then enrolled one summer and picked up the few courses he needed to get the degree.  I can't see the Duggars doing this, but a more ambitious and thoughtful homeschooling family could certainly take advantage of a program like his.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Jeeves said:

Ding, ding, ding!!! We have a winner here ladies and gentlemen.

10 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I doubt it. Lauren is only 18 or 19. If she has any degree it's probably some useless certificate from a Fundie diploma mill.

Well, how intelligent would you have to be to beat a batch of workbooks?  If ‘real’ high schoolers not particularly academically gifted can ‘double up’ and get two years done in one, maybe Lauren can also, and get some sort of community college GenEd in the years gained by extra workbooking.

3 hours ago, SMama said:

Sure, it was just the two of them out. Being unchaperoned made them so hungry they were photographed with eight pizzas. Those two are carbo loading before the wedding. ?

They also used a selfie stick to take that first photo of the two of them standing behind the wooden cutout thing ;)

• Love 5
3 hours ago, SMama said:

Josiah heard there's good money to be made making Mukbang videos for YouTube?  Not a bad idea really but probably better suited to Josh because it combines his eating and sharing it obsession.

Overlapping the last two year of HS and community college isn't usually doing two years in one.  Most of the time it's taking a course or courses at the CC that also count toward high school.  Many schools offer IB and AP these days, but students would also have the option of taking the class at the community college in many areas where the high school doesn't have enough students to offer it or as an option at the high school my kids attended.  

• Love 6
17 hours ago, louannems said:

One commentor claims she was in a college pyschology class with Lauren.  It was some duel program, where high school kids also attend community college.  In my state, lots of motivated seniors graduate with a high school diploma plus their Associate's degree.  Community college is free as long as they're still enrolled in high school.

I'm not sure how this works with SOTDRT  though!

The Duggar would probably make for a fascinating Psychology thesis if you could get up close and personal enough to learn all the insider stuff....like if you married into the family. (I know Lauren’s not really a science spy).

• Love 3

Here the local community college has a program for high schoolers.   All classes at the community college, and students complete their high school classes as well as the classes necessary to complete their AA.  My friend's son graduated with his HS diploma and 3 AA degrees (he attended summer school to get the extra classes).  The students need to qualify for the program, but it is not unthinkable for any motivated student to succeed in this program.  I think a lot of the students transfer to a 4 year as a junior.

• Love 5

So I looked at the pizza photo from the Silver Dollar City trip.  They have at least 6 pizzas from Dominos.  The parking lot is just behind them and they appear to be on some sort of tram just inside the park.  And then it hit me.  Did they all really decide, Oh hey, we're all getting hungry but instead of eating here in the park, let's get stamped, traverse the parking lot, drive 10 min. to the nearest Dominos, (yes I looked it up, because I'm procrastinating) and drive back, lug all the pizzas across the parking lot and get back into the park and then find somewhere to eat?  These people.

• Love 7
On 6/28/2018 at 11:31 PM, SMama said:

Aw how cute, he’s trying to be funny like JD re the rapture.

Sad thing is , at some point Josiah would have  been funny . Before he had his personality Alerted away . 

On 6/29/2018 at 2:17 AM, BitterApple said:

I just read the comments section. Someone please call 911 because I am on the floor right now dying from laughter. I particularly loved the lady who said she'd never pose with Coke products because of the company's "sinful history." When she mentioned "cocaine" and "cocaine accessories" my mind immediately went to Hank Hill and his propane.

Go for Pepsi then (unless you are mother Maxwell , then Pepsi is the devil ).

• Love 7
(edited)

Isn't psychology a big no no in fundie circles? I was under the impression that they veer from highly sceptical to downright hostile to anything that involves studying the brain or psyche or any attempts to explain human behaviour as something other than sinning/demonic possession/fortress building devil et.c. They certainly don't appear to buy into any kind of child psychology/developement as, from what I've seen, they seem to interpret any kind of childish behaviour in terms of defiance and rebellion that needs to be squashed out of those manipulative little sinners. I would be surprised if Lauren had studied psychology at all but especially at college level. It would be a good thing if she had but it just doesn't seem to mesh with their beliefs.

Edited by Vaysh
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

So I looked at the pizza photo from the Silver Dollar City trip.  They have at least 6 pizzas from Dominos.  The parking lot is just behind them and they appear to be on some sort of tram just inside the park.  And then it hit me.  Did they all really decide, Oh hey, we're all getting hungry but instead of eating here in the park, let's get stamped, traverse the parking lot, drive 10 min. to the nearest Dominos, (yes I looked it up, because I'm procrastinating) and drive back, lug all the pizzas across the parking lot and get back into the park and then find somewhere to eat?  These people.

Why order from Dominos? The park doesn't sell pizza?

• Love 1
59 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Why order from Dominos? The park doesn't sell pizza?

I'm sure it does, at park prices which is probably $5 a slice. I don't have an issue with them deciding to save money by going to Dominos, although it does surprise me that the park allows outside food to be brought inside. 

• Love 10
(edited)
1 hour ago, lulu69 said:

This thread is pretty slow for Si's rumoured wedding date. Poor Si, no one cares.

Pickles has pictures of the TTH. A big van which is probably being used to transport the guest  is parked on the compound. Someone noticed that Jeremy was there so it just might be today. Let's hurry this show up already! I think I'm more excited for a JD wedding then this one.

Edited by Fuzzysox
  • Love 9
On 6/28/2018 at 8:06 PM, DragonFaerie said:

OMG, some of the comments on the IG of Si are hilarious.

Pearls seem sinful to me.  Whaaattt???  If you need to procrastinate today, go read some of the comments.

The COMMENTS!!!!!  ? 

• Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, Nysha said:

I'm sure it does, at park prices which is probably $5 a slice. I don't have an issue with them deciding to save money by going to Dominos, although it does surprise me that the park allows outside food to be brought inside. 

The park probably doesn't allow outside food to be brought in, but I suspect the Duggars are very good at bulldozing their way past anyone who tries to stop them from doing anything they want to do.

Edited by Albanyguy
  • Love 10
(edited)
34 minutes ago, Lady Edith said:

The COMMENTS!!!!!  ? 

Here's one of them! WTF? People are cray I will prey for them.

coosbirdlady@praisebemeredith Meredith good mornin! I saved your pony video for my grandkids as well as some Sather’s sugar free candy assorted wild fruit. They have too much sugar I fear so I hope these will quell their lust. Another pony song from my biblical playlist from YouTuve is Ginuwine My Pony. Be sure to add that dear. Sophie is so devout. - Connie

This one. I just can't.

praisebemeredith@coosbirdlady Oh happy day Connie! I am so happy to hear dear Sophie has blessed your ears. I will prey for @annatennant today who seems very upset, she may have a ‘wandering uterus’, my aunt cured hers with radish soup and a hysterectomy. I will also add @kylesmom1402to my prayer list as she drank a coke yesterday in anger and one has heard from her since. I’m worried for her soul.

****Which one of you guys posted that???? OMG dying. Wandering uterus, too hilarious. Shhh don't tell Boob he just might be able to get to #20.

Edited by Fuzzysox
  • Love 15
(edited)
1 hour ago, Lady Edith said:

The COMMENTS!!!!!  ? 

I went down the rabbit hole.  I 'm not on Insta so I can't quote.   But I love the one about receiving a trump chia pet and wanted a Jesus chia.  She was afraid it was sacrilegious.  And if you like Coke, they will prey for you.  That was not a typo, btw.

Edited by toodles
  • Love 11
(edited)
12 minutes ago, toodles said:

I went down the rabbit hole.  I 'm not on Insta so I can't quote.   But I love the one about receiving a trump chia pet and wanted a Jesus chia.  She was afraid it was sacrilegious.  And if you like Coke, they will prey for you.  That was not a typo, btw.

The sheer crazy comments coupled with the fact that they can't spell is comedy gold! 

I don't have Insta either I just copied and pasted off my laptop. lol

Edited by Fuzzysox
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Nysha said:

I also don't get how the park would let them come in with the outside food.  Plus, how cold was that pizza gonna be by the time they drove back, parked, walked, trammed and finally got to the table.  (I live with Mr. Dragon who worked in the pizza industry for years - I'm required to carry an insulated bag when I pick up the takeaway pizza that's less than 2 miles from us - LOL.  When we got together I was also taught the best way to carry a pizza in a vehicle so all the toppings don't slide. )  There is a pizza place in the park, but I think most normal folks budget the high cost of foods at things like this when going.  That said I wonder if the Duggars just buy like 6 or 7 adult yearly passes and keep them  at TTH for whomever wants to go.  If they are using passes they get a 10% discount on food.

That being said I discovered that Silver Dollar City offers 60 minute culinary classes for $15 once you're in the park.  Why in the hell haven't these people gone to these and learned something other than the crap they eat?

3 hours ago, Fuzzysox said:

Pickles has pictures of the TTH. A big van which is probably being used to transport the guest  is parked on the compound. Someone noticed that Jeremy was there so it just might be today. Let's hurry this show up already! I think I'm more excited for a JD wedding then this one.

Hmm.  Well Abbie and JD are shopping in the Razorback section, so maybe on Tuesday before heading to the CWS?  Is that the same van that Jessa and the lost ones used to drive from TTH to Joe and Kendra's house on the same property??

• Love 5
(edited)

Pickles posted a screenshot of someone’s IG or Twitter and they were on the way to the wedding. Hmmm, how long before Boob makes the poster take it down? I could not upload the screenshot because it’s over the alloted MB.

@graefin, looks like I was posting as you were. How did you get it to upload?

Edited by SMama

I know I shouldn't be stunned, but the speed with which these people hustle these kids from courtship to engagement to wedding makes my head spin.  I imagine it has partly to do with getting them hitched before they have a chance to fornicate, and partly to do with getting them hitched before they have time to thoroughly digest the lifelong commitment they are making.

• Love 12
(edited)

Did ANYONE look at Josie before letting her out of the house?  WTF?

I stand corrected.  I thought it was Josie, but instead it looks like it's a Ryan.  HOW did they come up with that outfit though?

Edited by DragonFaerie
Mixed up Josie for a Ryan

Who is the girl in the middle with the rotten teeth?

Haha, saw the comment that the poster was going to be in trouble (I'd say catch hell) for posting the pic before the Duggars and People mag did!

Must be a "Dear Friend" like Ma's always harping about.  LOL

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, DragonFaerie said:

Did ANYONE look at Josie before letting her out of the house?  WTF?

I stand corrected.  I thought it was Josie, but instead it looks like it's a Ryan.  HOW did they come up with that outfit though?

Oh man, that is TOTALLY par for the course for a little girl. Even my total tomboy I-might-even-be-agendered daughter wore stuff like that when she was little, out in public. Sometimes you just wanna be decked out in diamonds and pearls, you know?

• Love 5
46 minutes ago, SMama said:

Pickles posted a screenshot of someone’s IG or Twitter and they were on the way to the wedding. Hmmm, how long before Boob makes the poster take it down? I could not upload the screenshot because it’s over the alloted MB.

@graefin, looks like I was posting as you were. How did you get it to upload?

How can Boob truly make anyone do anything?

• Love 1