Type keyword(s) to search

Josiah and Lauren: He Has To Marry Somebody

• Start Topic

11 minutes ago, louannems said:

I really hope Austin doesn't have Giddyup on a strict feeding schedule.  When I attended an SDA church in the 1980's, the church had classes on the Pearl's book.  Several mom's, including breastfeeding mom's, adhered to rigid schedules and allowed their babies to scream in between. One baby was so tiny and weak at 14 months that she had to be hospitalized.

Several super conservative Christian groups believe that even tiny infants are being manipulative when they cry and demand food! I've seen these mom's say they are not going to give in to their babies demands.

This was unfortunately my first thought as well...I really hope we are wrong, but Austin seems quite capable of insisting on these practices and Joy has mostly seemed to have no mind of her own when it comes to decision-making.

• Love 12
(edited)
14 hours ago, lascuba said:

Jessa clearly didn't give a fuck about the aesthetics of her wedding. She used the decorations from Jill's wedding, had her November wedding reception in a parking lot, and chose random bridesmaids' dresses online that not only were more appropriate for a casual summer day, but CLASHED WITH HER WEDDING DRESS!

Jessa probably would have eloped if she could have gotten away with it. She was just ready to get laid. 

Edited by irisheyes
  • Love 13

I never thought I’d say this but thank God for Lauren and Kendra.  Along with Jeremy (though I still think he’s an arrogant prick).  These girls brought some much needed, albeit minimal style to this group of frumpy fraus.  Maybe the older girls will take a look at pics of Joe and Si’s wedding and see how disheveled they are and how mousy and terrible they look.  And none of that new mom bullshit either. You’re still a person and can make time to brush your damned hair.   Hopefully Jessa will also see that she is not/was not nearly as hot as she thought. 

If nothing else, I hope Joy, Jordan, Jennifer and Johanna benefit from this. Maybe they will realize maternity clothes are not supposed to be skin tight, and you can look put together and still maintain your faith and modesty standards.

• Love 7
(edited)

“I want my bridesmaids to look classy. Like Ivanka Trump!” 

And that’s how they all ended up looking so chesty. 

ETA: Ivanka was honestly the first person (chest) that came to mind when I saw Joy.

Edited by kokapetl
  • Love 8
53 minutes ago, irisheyes said:

Jessa probably would have eloped if she could have gotten away with it. She was just ready to get laid. 

Yep. For all the accusations of vanity and attention seeking, she clearly had zero interest in a big production for her big day. She wanted to be married, the wedding was a necessary evil. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

This was unfortunately my first thought as well...I really hope we are wrong, but Austin seems quite capable of insisting on these practices and Joy has mostly seemed to have no mind of her own when it comes to decision-making.

Joy has been around plenty of babies her whole life she knows how babies work. I would suspect that she knows better than to let her baby starve. Giddy does look tiny but who knows if he might have an issue with milk that they aren't aware of?

• Love 1
16 hours ago, Catfin said:

And what the heck is she wearing? The t-shirt under spaghetti strap dress is ok if you’re eight, huge fail if you’re 18.

She’s Angelina Jolie circa 1997. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Maybe nostrils junior is ill, but his parents don’t take him to a doctor.

Paging Dr. Jill Paging Dr. Jill Paging Dr. Jill  Please don't forget your medical thingys.

On 4/1/2018 at 8:56 PM, humbleopinion said:

Michelle Williams' wide jaw and mouth and Angelina Jolie's too wide apart eyes... face morph....will make an approximation Ren's face

Joe asked Kendrab to take "it to the next level" at a SLAB of concrete...not a field.

Don't make it sound romantic...so hillbilly to have a sentimental concrete slab....

Agreed but to me, she also looks vaguely like Mila Kunis.  

1 hour ago, Fuzzysox said:

Joy has been around plenty of babies her whole life she knows how babies work. I would suspect that she knows better than to let her baby starve. Giddy does look tiny but who knows if he might have an issue with milk that they aren't aware of?

Didn't Michelle make a statement to the fact that she nursed her babies on demand?  She even nursed a baby while standing on a moving float in a parade (the baby was under the "nursing cover' thing).  I would hope Joy would know when to feed her baby.  That being said, I have read accounts from women who had to "obey" their headship in all things, so if Austin says to let the baby scream, I guess that is what Joy would "have" to do.  

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

Didn't Michelle make a statement to the fact that she nursed her babies on demand?  She even nursed a baby while standing on a moving float in a parade (the baby was under the "nursing cover' thing).  I would hope Joy would know when to feed her baby.  That being said, I have read accounts from women who had to "obey" their headship in all things, so if Austin says to let the baby scream, I guess that is what Joy would "have" to do.  

I've posted over in the Joy and Austin topic, about the Forsyths being friends and followers of the Pearls. I think that includes Austin. Which is sad and scary and horrible, but I fear he's going to follow the Pearls' approach to child rearing. In my post over there I linked to a page with a screenshot from February 2018 of someone* on behalf of the Forsyths stating in a text message that their parents raised them per the Pearls' theories and it's all hunky dory.

*That would be either Austin or his sister. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Fuzzysox said:

She may have been around the babies, but she also strikes me as the sort of person who is easily swayed if someone (especially her headship) has differing views. If he were to offer the opinion that Michelle was too indulgent by letting the babies nurse on demand (and he could probably make a case of the fact that the Duggars in general don't have quite the work ethic that his family has), Joy would probably believe him. 

Whatever the cause, he doesn't seem to be thriving to quite the extent that the average baby of his age would. 

• Love 10
4 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

And Baby GiddyAp looks very slim.  Seems with those boobs there would be enough to feed him.  Maybe it's his nature.  I'm guessing they don't get regular checks at a real doctor they would have no way of knowing if he was growing as he should.  I had relatively slim babies, but at that age they looked a little more robust.

Yes, he looks very small for his age considering he was 10lbs at birth and Joy looks like she has lots of milk.

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, DkNNy79 said:

Yes, he looks very small for his age considering he was 10lbs at birth and Joy looks like she has lots of milk.

I read a story once of nursing mothers who didn't realize their babies weren't getting enough milk.  The babies were nursing, but for some reason not enough milk was flowing through.  These women only knew something was wrong when they brought their babies for their regular wellness checkup and found that the babies had not only not gained weight, but in some cases had lost weight.  They then started supplementing with formula.  Sadly, in this case, there are probably no wellness checkups.  

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Love 10
On 6/13/2018 at 4:59 PM, DragonFaerie said:

When we travel to like Oregon or Nevada we always pick some up.  Mr. Dragon uses it for his firebreathing entertainment.  And, best of all, he's only ever caught on fire once - like 25 years ago - no damage other than missing parts of his eyebrows.   After that I took over as the safety officer and his second.  LOL

PLEASE won’t you post pictures???

• Love 3
35 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

Having large breasts does  not mean more milk is produced and having small breasts does not mean less milk is produced.  That's not how breastfeeding works.  

Well my point was it looks like she’s still producing milk.  My breasts starting “deflating” after I stopped breastfeeding.

We know they don’t get the standard recommended prenatal checkups.  Do we know if they do the standard baby visits with a pediatrician?  If he’s not getting enough breastmilk and thus not gaining weight like he should the doctor would advise them to supplement.

I had problems breastfeeding in the hospital and I had to supplement during my stay.

• Love 1
50 minutes ago, DkNNy79 said:

Well my point was it looks like she’s still producing milk.  My breasts starting “deflating” after I stopped breastfeeding.

We know they don’t get the standard recommended prenatal checkups.  Do we know if they do the standard baby visits with a pediatrician?  If he’s not getting enough breastmilk and thus not gaining weight like he should the doctor would advise them to supplement.

I had problems breastfeeding in the hospital and I had to supplement during my stay.

I hope he's being fed on demand. If baby is not gaining well a referral to a lactation consultant can help improve breastfeeding and milk supply rather than always supplementing with formula. 

• Love 5
15 hours ago, Vaysh said:

The 90's would like a word.

There may or may not be pictures floating around somewhere of me wearing t-shirts under spaghetti-strapped, thin, flowery dresses. Matched with shitkicker boots. The 90's were awesome.

And they are coming back fashion wise so I suppose this girl could just be attempting to be trendy... although that particular dress is a little tragic.

You just described my high school years to a t (shirt).  I'm waiting for the spaghetti strapped tanks with the bra straps showing to make a come back.  My BFF took a pic of me in said outfit while leaning in the car window.  My mom was shocked, my dad rolled his eyes, my grandmother rolled over in her grave, and Mr. Six was a happy 18 year old.  

I must admit, Anna looked very nice.  Her dress was a good choice.  We already know about JB & M's sex life and how many times they procreated.  They don't need to announce it at every wedding.  Joyless needs a new bra and a new husband while she's at it.  He looks like he would rather be anywhere but with her.  There's just something about him that I don't like.  I don't think he would be physically abusive toward her, but I can see him being a bully.  Joe & Kendra are adorable, in love, and fun to watch.  

The pic of Sia with Lauren and prairie dress girl is the only one where he looks happy.  I don't even want to think about what ALERT did to him.  I hope, in time, he can learn to be married and love Lauren.  From what little we've seen, she seems like a very nice, sweet young lady.  I wish them luck.

• Love 14
7 hours ago, louannems said:

I really hope Austin doesn't have Giddyup on a strict feeding schedule.  When I attended an SDA church in the 1980's, the church had classes on the Pearl's book.  Several mom's, including breastfeeding mom's, adhered to rigid schedules and allowed their babies to scream in between. One baby was so tiny and weak at 14 months that she had to be hospitalized.

Several super conservative Christian groups believe that even tiny infants are being manipulative when they cry and demand food! I've seen these mom's say they are not going to give in to their babies demands.

Yes, I was wondering the same.  Again, asa feeding therapist I can usually spot babies who aren’t gaining as well as they should. They have a characteristic look about them. 

Ezzo is another one Christians follow. That and the Pearls book was given to me at my fundie baby shower and extolled by all the moms. Many of my fundie friends were following it, and it’s been implicated in several cases of infant malnutrition and dehydration, as well as the scheduled, widely spaced feedings very commonly causes the mother’s milk supply to tank. 

Aside from infants being manipulative by needing to be fed and held, it’s about keeping the marriage relationship #1 and not letting a baby or child’s needs get in the way of couple time. 

• Love 10
On 7/2/2018 at 11:33 PM, louannems said:

Michelle, please scrub your tile floor before having people over.  That is really gross!

Thanks to the kind people here on a past discussion, I got on my hands and knees and scrubbed with a wire brush and sealed every inch of grout in my expanse of tiled flooring. It took almost two months (an hour or two every week) to finish the job, but I think of you all every time I look at it. 

• Love 22
4 minutes ago, sixlets said:

I'm waiting for the spaghetti strapped tanks with the bra straps showing to make a come back.

Oh they're back. I'm not sure they went anywhere far but they're very much around this summer. And I'd pay money for one of the Duggar girls to wear that with a pair of short denim shorts. If Mechelle could do it...

• Love 3
1 minute ago, BradandJanet said:

Thanks to the kind people here on a past discussion, I got on my hands and knees and scrubbed with a wire brush and sealed every inch of grout in my expanse of tiled flooring. It took almost two months (an hour or two every week) to finish the job, but I think of you all every time I look at it. 

So a tile floor requires all that?  I'm in the middle of planning a kitchen remodel, and that is good to know.  

Has it been said where the honeymoon is happening?  

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

So a tile floor requires all that?  I'm in the middle of planning a kitchen remodel, and that is good to know.  

Has it been said where the honeymoon is happening?  

Tile floor is great, but it needs maintenance like everything else. I let mine go too long. Also, keep the water clean as you mop during routine cleaning. Dirty water back on a floor soaks into the grout. It's possible to hire grout cleaners, but the work is kind of relaxing, like ironing, if that kind of things relaxes you. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

Tile floor is great, but it needs maintenance like everything else. I let mine go too long. Also, keep the water clean as you mop during routine cleaning. Dirty water back on a floor soaks into the grout. It's possible to hire grout cleaners, but the work is kind of relaxing, like ironing, if that kind of things relaxes you. 

I've cleaned houses for years on and off and I told hubby as we are also looking at a kitchen remodel - no tile anywhere.  LOL.  I once worked for a house that had the kitchen floor done in 1 foot square tiles in brown and then had the grout "dyed" to match the tiles when it was put in.  The woman was so proud that you'd never know if the grout was dirty because it was brown!  Everytime I saw that floor all I could think of was man that  grout is dirty.  LOL.

1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

I have family coming in on Friday evening.  On my to do list over the next 2 days, which should only take about 10 folks working 24 hours a day for the next 2 weeks to get done, urgh, anyway, cleaning and polishing the wood floors as well as doing a good scrubbing, not just the weekly mopping for the kitchen floor.  I've already done the bathroom floor - with a toothbrush around the tub.  LOL.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

They make grout that doesn't stain...it's a bit pricier, but well worth it IMO.

• Love 2

Why don't the Duggars just hire a service to come in and steam the shit out of those floors? It's crazy how they think nothing of dropping thousands on thrift store junk, Starbucks and restaurant meals but won't pay to have their house cleaned.

• Love 15
(edited)
4 hours ago, sixlets said:

You just described my high school years to a t (shirt).  I'm waiting for the spaghetti strapped tanks with the bra straps showing to make a come back.  My BFF took a pic of me in said outfit while leaning in the car window.  My mom was shocked, my dad rolled his eyes, my grandmother rolled over in her grave, and Mr. Six was a happy 18 year old.  

Oh hell yeah, girls. Did you have the black one with the giant sunflowers on it? I had about five of those sundress t-shirt combos with the all white shit kickers to go with them. They were like half Keds, half hiking boots. Man those shoes were ugly. And yes, unbelievably, that style has been resurrected. But I think the Duggars are probably wearing it in a ridiculous Maude Flanders way and not in a Kelly Taylor/Brenda Walsh way.

Edited by charmed1
  • Love 15
20 hours ago, Vaysh said:

The 90's would like a word.

There may or may not be pictures floating around somewhere of me wearing t-shirts under spaghetti-strapped, thin, flowery dresses. Matched with shitkicker boots. The 90's were awesome.

And they are coming back fashion wise so I suppose this girl could just be attempting to be trendy... although that particular dress is a little tragic.

More likely, she buys her clothing at a thrift store. People don't usually donate current fashion to thrift stores, so maybe that's what was there? I don't know.

1 hour ago, charmed1 said:

Oh hell yeah, girls. Did you have the black one with the giant sunflowers on it? I had about five of those sundress t-shirt combos with the all white shit kickers to go with them. They were like half Keds, half hiking boots. Man those shoes were ugly. And yes, unbelievably, that style has been resurrected. But I think the Duggars are probably wearing it in a ridiculous Maude Flanders way and not in a Kelly Taylor/Brenda Walsh way.

Omg I know EXACTLY what you're talking about!!! And I had one. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, charmed1 said:

I had a black and a white sunflower dress...and a super long sunflower skirt with buttons all the way up the front. The 90s were awesome.

• Love 8
On 7/3/2018 at 5:33 PM, Normades said:

Can't these fundie girls find decent dress shoes? Those are some hideous shoes!!

The whole look is tragic. A faded, frumpy sundress with buttons and patch pockets over a modesty tee with a limp handkerchief trying to pass as a scarf and nude birkenstocks? Wedding rehearsals may not be super dressy but you can at least show up in something that doesn’t look like you just pulled it out of a dumpster. Let’s not even get started on the hair that looks like it hasn’t been washed in a week. Just... eww.

I liked Lauren’s dress. It was very simple but it fit well and looked very good on her. The bridesmaids dress was an unfortunate style for Joy, because an empire waist style with bodice shirring is always going to make busty women look even bustier. Still, it managed to look modest but still reasonably stylish and is something that can be worn again. 

• Love 10
(edited)

I feel like as a general rule the people I know do dress up for wedding rehearsals, because amongst the people I know it involves (a), church i.e "going into a sanctuary", which is a dressed-up occasion; (b), attendance at a really nice restaurant for afters.  Conversely, not every occasion that involves stepping over the threshold of a church is deemed sacred and your clothing would be purpose-built.  It would be odd to, for example, dress up for youth group, with the expectation that you'll be engaged in some sort of "activity"; and partly odd to do so for a mid-week Bible study held in some place other than the sanctuary, like a church classroom; in most instances, the fanciest you'd get for the latter would be "business casual", and in that case it's always possible that some of the attendees are dressed thus because they had no time to change after work.

Edited by queenanne
  • Love 4
(edited)
On 7/2/2018 at 4:33 PM, DragonFaerie said:

Is this what J'chelle wore to the wedding?  I think it's ghastly!!!!  And since Mom Ryan has already posted pics about being at the wedding that day and mentioned about being over at TTH that evening, I'm guessing this was taken then.  

Huh - I never thought of wearing my couch's slipcover as a dress.

On 7/2/2018 at 5:19 PM, Fuzzysox said:

Josiah and Lauren: My Loveless Marriage

A book to be found at Dollar Tree in 10 years.

LOLZ and I would totally buy this when I stop in to get my dollar box of Reece's Pieces to sneak into the movie theater.

On 7/2/2018 at 6:33 PM, Trillium said:

Thought bubble: “Pretend to be choked up, wipes some tears. Everyone’s totally buying it. Nothing about this looks fake at all.”

Or those tears might be 100% real as he realizes what his life has become, and how far removed it is from who he really is.

On 7/2/2018 at 7:17 PM, zenme said:

"Coming Out and Counting On: The Josiah Duggar, Nathan Bates, Derek Dillard and David Waller Stories"

Now I would actually buy this and not even at the Dollar Store!

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, queenanne said:

I feel like as a general rule the people I know do dress up for wedding rehearsals, because amongst the people I know it involves (a), church i.e "going into a sanctuary", which is a dressed-up occasion; (b), attendance at a really nice restaurant for afters.  Conversely, not every occasion that involves stepping over the threshold of a church is deemed sacred and your clothing would be purpose-built.  It would be odd to, for example, dress up for youth group, with the expectation that you'll be engaged in some sort of "activity"; and partly odd to do so for a mid-week Bible study held in some place other than the sanctuary, like a church classroom; in most instances, the fanciest you'd get for the latter would be "business casual", and in that case it's always possible that some of the attendees are dressed thus because they had no time to change after work.

Which differentiates your world from the Duggars' world right there. They "work" only for themselves and do things on "Duggar time." Also, assuming that the Duggars shelled out for any kind of meal for the participants/family after the wedding rehearsal? I'd bet the rent it would not be at any kind of restaurant, much less a "really nice" one. Probably potluck dishes of the usual glop served up on Styrofoam plates at the TTH. For which the wedding couple, as shown in that photo, were overdressed.

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, PoshSprinkles said:

He's probably just long and lean. My baby is a few weeks younger than Gideon and was born smaller, but had issues gaining weight with breastfeeding only. I supplemented on my pediatrician's recommendation and my baby steadily gained weight. At their last appointment, my baby was in the 10th percentile of weight. The pediatrician was not concerned because my baby's weight was trending upward along with length and head circumference and all milestones were met. She said a chunky baby wasn't necessarily healthier or better than a skinny baby- as long as the baby is growing. 

Some babies are just naturally lean.  I was, so were my siblings.  Alas, we outgrew it.  It could be that Gidgeon is right on target for height and weight and the other baby in the photo is off the chart.  Also, if you look at the growth charts, there is a huge range for what is considered 'normal.'  At one month of age, a kid who is 7 lbs 4 oz is lower end of normal, while the kid at the upper limit weighs over 13 lbs! 

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 8

Is this Ryan lady angling to become the next Christian reality star or something? Because I checked out her Instagram and she does not seem like the type of person to be hanging out with the low-brow Duggars. There's got to be some reason she's kissing Michelle's ass.

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Is this Ryan lady angling to become the next Christian reality star or something? Because I checked out her Instagram and she does not seem like the type of person to be hanging out with the low-brow Duggars. There's got to be some reason she's kissing Michelle's ass.

She's pitching one of those Plexus type things as well. But they wear swimsuits, pants, etc.

• Love 3
On 7/3/2018 at 5:11 PM, Lunera said:

After getting a closer look at the dresses I don't like them. It's especially unflattering on Joy.

This is the 1st time I see a resemblance between Joy and Jessa.  Man she got Michelle's boobs!  Michelle's hair looks terrible and it really doesn't have to.  Josh is still punchable. At this point Joe and Kendra are my favorites of the bunch.

On 7/3/2018 at 6:13 PM, madpsych78 said:

Is it me, or has Smuggar lost some weight?

He does.  He must have gotten his phone back and joined Tinder or something like that.  Needs to get his figure back so he can get a new side lady!

• Love 11
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

She looks a little like Tamra from RHOC.

• Love 4

The more I look at those bridesmaid dresses, the more I dislike them.  It's the combination of the pleats, the high waist and the high neckline.  When you have a larger chest, a higher neckline tends to make them more obvious.  I avoid anything too high necked for my ample bosom.  There is a happy medium between Duggar "modest" and cups spilling over. 

• Love 8
6 hours ago, Jeeves said:

Which differentiates your world from the Duggars' world right there. They "work" only for themselves and do things on "Duggar time." Also, assuming that the Duggars shelled out for any kind of meal for the participants/family after the wedding rehearsal? I'd bet the rent it would not be at any kind of restaurant, much less a "really nice" one. Probably potluck dishes of the usual glop served up on Styrofoam plates at the TTH. For which the wedding couple, as shown in that photo, were overdressed.

I'd love to see what the Duggars served, especially considering the rehearsal dinner is traditionally hosted by the groom's family. Both Cathy Dillard and Guinn Seewald put out lovely spreads. The Duggars probably gave everyone an 1/8 of a hot dog and a spoonful of potato salad. 

• Love 13
40 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I'd love to see what the Duggars served, especially considering the rehearsal dinner is traditionally hosted by the groom's family. Both Cathy Dillard and Guinn Seewald put out lovely spreads. The Duggars probably gave everyone an 1/8 of a hot dog and a spoonful of potato salad. 

And I guarantee Josie will have licked the spoons before that spoonful. 

• Love 11