Type keyword(s) to search

Josiah and Lauren: He Has To Marry Somebody

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Christina87 said:

Omg I can't agree with this more. Derick was under so much stress...his mom's deathly illness, working his first real job at Walmart, being featured on a huge hit tv show (I find it a little different now...the show is not as popular, and Jill was the first girl married, with all the hoopla to go along with it). Yet, he seemed physically attracted to Jill, and very excited about the wedding night! That excitement even lasted close to a year probably...he said the next season that they were forever in the honeymoon phase and I rolled my eyes sooo hard. Yet, their marriage started out so well...they seemed like a match, and very attracted to each other...and now it is horrible. Now Josiah and Lauren can reset the low bar and show us how awful a Duggar marriage can turn out!

I am not buying Derick and Jill were in the honeymoon stage for long. They did seem awkward around each other in their scenes on the show after they got married. I think she was in love with being married and starting a family fast. He looked like he was in shock when she became pregnant so fast. I hate to say it, but I see Josiah and Lauren heading down the same road.

Maybe he got married because it's the only way to get out of that house. They don't seem to have any independence unless they're married. They can't be on social media until they are courting. And, is it true that the boys can't live in the house they buy until marriage? 

These kids don't have many options. And even married, the boys still work for daddy. Finding another job and leaving town might be difficult for them. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

Maybe he got married because it's the only way to get out of that house. They don't seem to have any independence unless they're married. They can't be on social media until they are courting. And, is it true that the boys can't live in the house they buy until marriage? 

These kids don't have many options. And even married, the boys still work for daddy. Finding another job and leaving town might be difficult for them. 

That's what I'm thinking. He was tired of living in the boys' dorm and marriage was the only way to get out. I also think that's why Jessa married Bin.

• Love 19
2 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

And the sad fact is they still are not independent of their parents except for maybe Jinger.

While grocery shopping I thought of Josiah's sadness it probably came from the fact that his wedding was ill attended and didn't get the fanfair his sister's weddings had. Josiah seems very sensitive. Maybe Boob said something mean to him that might have put that sour look on his face....can you imagine Boob coming up to you and saying "tonight your going to get some hey, hey, hey." Ewww

Lauren's parents agreed, one less mouth to feed and they married her into fundie royality vs having her wait for a poor fundy lad to take her off their hands. Girls are expensive! 

• Love 11
21 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I am not buying Derick and Jill were in the honeymoon stage for long. They did seem awkward around each other in their scenes on the show after they got married. I think she was in love with being married and starting a family fast. He looked like he was in shock when she became pregnant so fast. I hate to say it, but I see Josiah and Lauren heading down the same road.

Agree the honeymoon didn't last long -- but it DID last thru the actual honeymoon. They looked awkward bc these people meet and marry in 15 min and know nothing about each other besides favorite bible verses. Tori Bates married Bobby -- and they are VERY much into each other -- know each other well for fundies as they were together for 1-2 yrs, texted 24-7 etc. -- and even they had awkward scenes on their honeymoon where Bobby says -- am I supposed to kiss you now? Bc they can't read each other's body language/signals yet. Imagine how much worse it is for Duggars whose courtships are way shorter and there isn't free communication since mama and daddy insist on reading texts.

With Derick -- IDK I thought he looked happy (and tired and worried about his mom and at the rehearsal sad about his dad); despite all of that the happiness shone thru on his face and I thought esp when he saw Jill at the first look before the ceremony, he was ready to jump in there and hug and kiss. And I thought the same in their honeymoon video on the beach too. But I do agree that happiness went away FAST when they got home and he realized that she didn't know how to cook a vegetable and they got pregnant 3 min later.

• Love 10
39 minutes ago, cereality said:

If he is gay, I wonder why he was so happy with Marjorie? I only saw a few videos of theirs and they were obnoxiously goofy happy together.  I feel like he could have made a marriage with her work, even if he truly didn’t like women.  This marriage – he’s acting like it’ll be 60 years at a job he doesn’t want to take.

Marjorie was a different person who seems more interesting and fun to be around than Lauren, who, based on what we've seen of her so far, just seems really breathy and earnestly fundie and not much else.

Given that Josiah early on was one of the brighter, livelier Duggars, I think he would have found life with Marjorie at least more stimulating. And maybe the years that have subsequently gone by have compounded his unhappiness at his lot in life. 

• Love 13
15 minutes ago, DkNNy79 said:

Those cupcakes look so sad.  I think most of us could’ve done a better job using boxed mixes.  I hope they didn’t pay for them.

Jana probably made those too.

• Love 3

I found Josiah irritating as a preteen -- going on and on about how THEIR way was better than the rest of the world. I realize he isn't really like that anymore but he has that annoying fundie headship thing in him. Can't he just call up that part of his personality and use it to control the sex? She's so young and naïve and from such a repressed culture, isn't it possible that she'd believe it if he were to tell her -- he views sex for baby making so they'll have it when they need to try for another kid and/or maybe 1x/month beyond that? He's the headship and they're taught their job is to service their man -- if the man doesn't want it, what can they possibly do? Not suggesting that solves all problems if he's gay but that surely makes it a hell of a lot better if he doesn't have to get it on 4 nights/week in the newlywed years. And then as time goes on, they'll raise their kids and live like mostly celibate roommates and life will still be better for Josiah in the sense that he's out of the boys dorm and doesn't need a chaperone and can eat something besides TTC? And I can't imagine that his wife runs and tells anyone this is happening bc then it'd be admitting to her mom or whoever that her man has low T and doesn't want sex and/or doesn't find her sexy. I realize all this is awful for her since she can't divorce but it allows him to survive his life.

Suffice it to say we won't be seeing a Bin and Jessa style honeymoon pic where they looked like they hadn't left the bed in 2 days bc they were too busy banging each other's brains out.

• Love 5

From what I can tell from the pictures, I don't think Lauren's dress is horrible, but rather than Meghan Markle simple and classic, it's more just simple.  I think even elbow length sleeves might have helped rather than t-shirt length sleeves. At least it does seem to be fitted better than Miss Renee's dresses.  I wish Josiah had worn a bow tie as an "I've still got a little bit of what made me, me."  He doesn't look happy, but I"m hoping it was more nerves than "what have I gotten myself into here?"  Lauren is already a clinger. She said "I do" and now she can touch without worries.  I feel like if they weren't fundie, in six months they would be filing for divorce because they would realize they had nothing in common. Instead in six months, Lauren will be pregnant with the first of a multitude of children. 

• Love 8
11 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

The next few weddings will be Duggar boys so I'm guessing we'll be seeing more mints and punch bowls receptions.

There's a good possibility you're right, but my prediction is John and Abbie, followed by Jana. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, graefin said:

Looks like Sierra and her strawberries may have been involved.

Screenshot_20180701-103836_Instagram.jpg

And Sam's "the fuck?" furrowed-brow expression in the Dillard congrats vid is the best! Yay!

This cant be Sierra's doing because they look really nice and good ?

• Love 3

These folks have no regard for their guests. Everything had a strawberry on it.  Strawberries are an allergen.  And like peanuts, they can cause a serious reaction in many people who are allergic.  Granted, you can’t be sensitive to every guest’s dietary restrictions but still...everything had strawberries.   Events I’ve been to included options...wedding cakes are plain vanilla and fruit or ice cream offered for those who had an intolerance.  It’s just common sense.  Guests come to celebrate with the bride and groom.  Oftentimes a long distance. And they spend $$ not only to be there, but on a gift. The least they could do is provide their guests with options.  Especially if this is the only food being served. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, farmgal4 said:

Does anyone know if Jeremy and Jinger were at the wedding?

She was pictured in Arkansas with family friend Krista the day after, so I'd assume yes. 

Screenshot_20180701-163049_Instagram.jpg

• Love 2

Oh dear.  All of those videos and pics are hard to see.  When I look at both of them, all I see is fear.  Fear of what they just did.  Fear of what is supposed to happen next.  I met my husband in high school.  He was 15; I was 16.  We were married at 22 (him) and barely 23 (me).  Moving in together was the hardest thing to adjust to.  Everyone has their habits and way of life.  Combine that with another person who may have different habits, and there's going to be a learning curve.  There are things that we are *still* discovering nearly 16 years later.  I always tell people if you think marriage is easy, you're not doing it right.  It's hard, but if you're with the right partner, it's so worth it in the end.  I wish these two happiness.  

• Love 19
(edited)

Nevermind. Got the video on my phone. So, he's going to work less (than what?) to concentrate on the marriage? How many employers allow that? Is he going to start working Smuggar hours?

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 10
(edited)
43 minutes ago, graefin said:

She was pictured in Arkansas with family friend Krista the day after, so I'd assume yes. 

Screenshot_20180701-163049_Instagram.jpg

Anyone else notice the portrait of JFK in the background? (Just behind Jinger’s left side of her face) There is also an automatic assault rifle attached to a wall and red automatic doors with a fire sticker on the glass. It looks like they’re in a public place, but my question is “Where/what the hell is that place?”

The photo of Josiah without a wedding ring was probably taken from their pre-ceremony photographs. 

I stand corrected re: Anna and sewing. Now that it’s been mentioned, I do remember segments from the show before her wedding and what a rushed nightmare it was to finish making the dresses.

Why doesn’t anyone in this family register for a damn clock, learn how to tell time or plan things out to make a realistic deadline?

I know that if it’s not “taught” in a SOTDRT workbook, it doesn’t need to be learned. 

We all know the Duggars are night owls and get off on bragging about being late to stuff. We know what consequences there are in the real world for not giving a shit about other people and their time, but they haven’t figured it out yet. I’m pretty sure they have planes and pilots in the family so they don’t have to get to the airport on time. 

What joy is there in living in a constant state of having to rush, rush, rush? The pressure and stress of having to meet a deadline is what most of us in the real world deal with on a regular basis. You can’t show up late to your job or you’ll be fired. You have to submit things on time in school or you will fail the course. Do these fools ever learn that the earlier they start, that gives them more time to fix potential mistakes without sacrificing sleep? 

Because I also have no life, I checked out Josiah and Lauren’s registry at BBB a few days ago. Wedding date was listed for Dec 31, 2018 (because celebrities have to be sneaky like that!) and I noticed that almost everything had been purchased. I thought their choices were so boring. Every single thing is white, gray or bronze rubbed oil. The only items they registered for that weren’t white were two teal carry on suitcases. 

Per the registry, their marital bed is a king sized one, so Josiah will have plenty of room to cry himself to sleep. One of them also registered for something called “My Special Pillow” (Qty of 1) or something to that effect. Maybe it’s made out of a special material that muffles the sounds of sobbing/crying? 

When I saw the fake date, my initial reaction was “The registry is in their real names. Anyone with Google can find anyone’s home address. Why such secrecy over the date?”

Would some leg humpers REALLY crash the wedding if the date was public knowledge? It’s not like anyone would notice an extra 50-100 people at the wedding considering how many special friends are actually invited! 

Or, maybe they’re worried about protesters and other sinful people attempting to act as getaway drivers for Jana, Josiah, the hot twin and anyone else who needs rescuing? (Yup, that’s what I’m going with.) 

Edited by Bridget
  • Love 11
7 hours ago, Madtown said:

I don't know who I feel sorry for more. Josiah, whether gay or not, is so miserable and clearly not into this marriage at all. Lauren who is so completely clueless and entirely too grabby in that video, that it even made me uncomfortable. Too me it seems she's just all about the wedding and now be "married" and how she can make seventy million babies. I weep for both of them and what the wedding night must've been like.. These people lead the most pathetic lives..

I truly hope, for both of their sakes, that whether they did the deed or not, they had a nice night together- actually, finally, talking privately and getting to know each other.  

• Love 18
10 hours ago, ginger90 said:

That video was cringe worthy. So, he says now that they are married, they are going to slow down and get to know each other.   Perhaps they should have done that before getting married?

The Dillard’s video:

D66052BB-C8F1-4212-B3D7-130EDED6A387.jpeg

Yay!!!!!!!

• Love 5

Have y’all seen the newest thing at weddings, a donut Wall?  Get a piece of board, decorate it a bit, nail some sticks or something, stack 5 dozen donuts that you get for what, $20 at Kroger?  Our QFC sells 12 glazed old fashions for $3.99.  It’s cheap, doesn’t take long, and looks BOMB. I saw one last summer at a wedding and it was just amazing.  

So I have no idea what’s going on with these stupid cupcake and strawberries.  So many beautiful Pinterest options and this is what they go with.

• Love 5
55 minutes ago, Bridget said:

Would some leg humpers REALLY crash the wedding if the date was public knowledge?

Jill Rodrigues and her family probably would. That alone would be reason enough to keep the date secret.

• Love 20
11 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Strawberry isn't a particularly well-known allergen. They can't please everybody. 

I'm allergic to nuts. I've been to many events where I can't eat the entree or the sides or the dessert. I don't feel like it's the hosts' responsibility to feed me because I bought a gift. 

I agree. When you give a gift, it's not to get anything in return, and along the same vein, when you have a wedding, I feel you invite people to celebrate your day, not to bring gifts. 

• Love 16
(edited)

But when you celebrate I think you should include them. And to me that means more than a bad dessert. I would never think to invite people and give then lousy root beer floats. I guess it’s all what you are accustomed to. 

For the record, I’d also be pissed if I knew that the Duggars had money and weren’t chipping in. But what do I know. My son got married alone on an island with a wealthy gal. They paid for everything themselves. But they weren’t 18-20 years old. 

Edited by EmeraldGirl
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

Nevermind. Got the video on my phone. So, he's going to work less (than what?) to concentrate on the marriage? How many employers allow that? Is he going to start working Smuggar hours?

We don't really know what they "do." It may be that Josiah has been working a lot of hours to save up for the wedding, or a house, or whatever, and plans to work less. My gut feeling is that this is some sort of Gothard-speak thing. He's probably received "counseling" from JB to spend his first year of marriage working on his relationship and he's just parroting what he's been told to say. I don't think we've ever heard any of the Duggar spawn say ANYTHING that wasn't from the Book of Gothard and approved by JB and J'chelle.

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, EmeraldGirl said:

But when you celebrate I think you should include them. And to me that means more than a bad dessert. I would never think to invite people and give then lousy root beer floats. I guess it’s all what you are accustomed to. 

There's a big difference between "strawberry is an allergen, how dare they" and melty root beer floats. It isn't like Josiah and Lauren charged for soft drinks like my idiot brother and his idiot wife's reception. 

• Love 14
5 minutes ago, EmeraldGirl said:

I agree. Even if you don't do an elaborate catered dinner, I think there's ways to feed guests that aren't excessively expensive. The Duggars can easily afford deli platters, finger sandwiches, meatballs, etc. Even veggie trays with dip, and cheese and crackers would be more filling than a buffet of pure sugar. 

Just now, Heathen said:

There's a big difference between "strawberry is an allergen, how dare they" and melty root beer floats. It isn't like Josiah and Lauren charged for soft drinks like my idiot brother and his idiot wife's reception. 

Lmfaooo, they charged for non-alcoholic beverages?! Your parents must have been dying...

• Love 15
4 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I agree. Even if you don't do an elaborate catered dinner, I think there's ways to feed guests that aren't excessively expensive. The Duggars can easily afford deli platters, finger sandwiches, meatballs, etc. Even veggie trays with dip, and cheese and crackers would be more filling than a buffet of pure sugar. 

Lmfaooo, they charged for non-alcoholic beverages?! Your parents must have been dying...

Seriously. I went to get a damned Coke and was told it was a dollar. His mother (my ex-stepmother) is oblivious and our father thinks he's the goddamn perfect child, so it was just fine with them. They could have charged for admission and "dad" would have praised them. They ran out of food halfway through, too. It was mostly spicy shit. 

• Love 10

I agree with everyone saying strawberries are an allergen / some people just don't like them. It would even be one thing if strawberries topped the cake, but it was vanilla. However, even the cake was strawberry too! And you know they invited a crap ton of kids, too. Who wants to be around the kids at the reception after a candy bar and cake? Not me!

i just believe in serving something that will make the majority of your guests happy. A lot of people have to travel to the wedding (some alone; it seems like alllllll my friends get married when I'm not dating anyone, and when I have a BF, they never do lol), fill up their car or fly, stay in a hotel (and coats are rising all the time!), bring a gift, often bring shower or party gifts before the actual ceremony, possibly buy new clothes, and possibly take a day or two off work. Not to mention, after the wedding, usually they end up just waiting to eat until the wedding party takes pics. After alllll of that, I would feel bad if I didn't even get a piece of cake I could safely eat, and then have to haul myself out to buy a meal, late, alone. 

I think your wedding is for you, but you do need to consider the needs of your guests, especially if you invite a huge number! 

• Love 13
21 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

LOL!  My father, former bar manager, and my mom, former bartender, would've died all over again if any of their kids' weddings didn't include a good open bar where EVERYTHING was not only free, but abundant.  Of course, my dad always claimed the marriage wasn't legal unless there was kapuska (stuffed cabbage) at the reception, so my parents were outliers.

They ran out of (overly spicy) food about halfway through, too. Neither of them has any class or taste or gives a shit about other people. I stopped on the way back to my hotel (I live in a different state) and got something to eat. 

I only saw strawberry wedding cake at Josiah and Lauren's reception. Was there really strawberry everything? 

13 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

It's one thing if you've got only immediate family at the wedding and you're fairly certain everyone will enjoy strawberries

I'm one of three kids and my dad's only brother has three kids. Our family is not large. I'm allergic to nuts. My cousin, at her wedding, both didn't label her hor d'oeuvres and forgot I was allergic to nuts. I ended up eating what turned out to be a cashew chicken puff and had to leave the reception to both vomit and find some Benadryl.

To be fair, I also didn't ask if there were nuts in any of the food. I didn't see any and I'm pretty low-key about my allergy and I kind of assumed that she would have taken into consideration that nuts are a pretty common allergen and the fact that, you know, her cousin was allergic but nope. I rallied and went back to the reception but my stomach was a bit of the rest of the night.

My point is, people forget about even the common allergies. I'm sure no one thought strawberry would be an issue. I probably wouldn't have. I've also been at events where I can't eat something because of my allergies or because I don't like it. It sucks but I mostly get over it and move on.

• Love 7

I've been to some really nice receptions where all the food was from Costco.  Some veggie trays, fruit trays, cheese and deli trays.  Small paper plates and napkins and you're all set.  Except for ordering and pickup, no fuss.  

• Love 11
3 hours ago, Rabbittron said:

Looks like Sierra and her strawberries may have been involved.

Screenshot_20180701-103836_Instagram.jpg

1 minute ago, Heathen said:

I only saw strawberry wedding cake at Josiah and Lauren's reception. Was there really strawberry everything? 

In the picture, it appears the cupcakes also contain strawberries, and that there are chocolate covered strawberries on the stands behind them. No telling if there was other food, though. 

(edited)
4 minutes ago, Heathen said:

They ran out of (overly spicy) food about halfway through, too. Neither of them has any class or taste or gives a shit about other people. I stopped on the way back to my hotel (I live in a different state) and got something to eat. 

The cupcakes also appeared to have strawberry slices in them. 

Ah, @dargosmydaddy beat me to it with visuals. ?

Edited by Sew Sumi

While I agree on the hospitality angle, that a variety of food should be served if there's a buffet, I really don't think it's the responsibility of the bride and groom to keep track of people's allergies. If you have an allergy, let them know in advance. It's pretty unreasonable imo to expect people to cater to any potential allergies that they haven't even been told about.

• Love 16
(edited)
13 hours ago, ginger90 said:

That video was cringe worthy. So, he says now that they are married, they are going to slow down and get to know each other.   Perhaps they should have done that before getting married?

The Dillard’s video:

D66052BB-C8F1-4212-B3D7-130EDED6A387.jpeg

OMG, I've avoided watching the Derick and Jill video and wish now that I had made that a lifetime choice. I can't believe that I'm saying this, but maybe they could have written something down before sitting down to film?

How is is that they keep going in an out of frame? Is someone else there filming? Why do they always looks like they've put the absolute least amount of effort into everything? I'm not saying that they needed to dress up, or make some stilted speach, but Jesus. Could they not put on some decent clothes, sit nicely and say "Congratulations Josiah and Lauren! We wish you good luck and a long and happy life together." Then someone could have goosed Izzy to cue him to say "I love you Uncle Josiah and Aunt Lauren!" and then Jill could have said "yeah" and it would be done, and my soul would not have had to endure what I just saw.

Edited by cmr2014
typo
  • Love 12
6 hours ago, PradaKitty said:

Regarding Anna‘s sewing skills, I seem to remember that she made her own wedding dress plus the bridesmaid’s dresses. Since she was doing all of that work she probably didn’t have time to embellish her wedding gown.

Lauren’s simple wedding gown may have cost less than a fancier gown. If her family was paying for everything that may have been a consideration. No freebies for this wedding. 

... I wonder if there will be an annulment after a few months... (non consummation of the marriage Is grounds for an annulment).

I MUST see those bridesmaid dresses!

She made the bridemaids' dresses but not her wedding dress...it was her sister Rebecca's dress. I remember that because Rebecca's then husband posted about it on TwoP and he was pissed at the implication that Anna made it and that she ripped it as some point. 

I love the fit of Lauren's dress and the overall style but I needed a little something on top to make it look less like a t-shirt. 

Considering Josiah and Lauren got married yesterday, and the video was posted yesterday, Jill’s wording is strange. (Tried again and had sound this time) She congratulates them on their “recent” wedding. I think they filmed that before they got married. It could have been washed, but it looks like Israel is wearing the shirt he wore to the wedding they attended last week.

• Love 3
(edited)

storymaker-josh-and-anna-wedding-pictures5-515x363-1.jpg.4b54c5b8857f3b43049314f1446b71de.jpgstorymaker-duggar-vow-renewal-pictures2-515x363-1.jpg.b5819ce6a4242f8776d7a5c0265636bc.jpg

I didn't remember Anna's bridesmaids dresses but they were decent and nice. I also realized everyone wore the exact same thing for Boob and Meeechelle's vow renewal. I think the dresses Jana made for Josiah's wedding were probably nicer than the bride's dress.

Someone posted posted the invitation on IG 

Edited by Lunera
  • Love 4