Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E01: Season Premiere

• Start Topic

Why is Julie wearing a dress that's too big for her?

Mark McGrath? He's here for publicity for Sugar Ray. Who knows? Maybe it will work. But he should do his hair differently.

Brandi Glanville. There's a real face under there somewhere. She's doing this money. I'm curious to see who that lady is doing her hair. I guess she didn't want to be on TV.

Oh here's Metta World War, oops, Peace. Changed his name to be different but also to be kind of stupid?  A basketball player by any other name would be . . .

Ariana Gutierrez, Colombian model and beauty queen.  I wonder if she said "the Iraq" when she answered her beauty contest question.

Ross Matthews - nice zebra jacket. Now that other guy, I've seen him before. Has he been on Jay Leno, too?

The house is so different! And there's a bar! Is that one of the bedrooms? Or maybe it's the have not room. (I think it is the Have Not room.) Ha, Metta is too long for his bed. Maybe the rooms are different but the beds still have the same frame.

Shannon Elizabeth.  Cute baby rhino!!  Could she be another Vanessa?

Chuck Liddell. I wonder if there will be any workout equipment for him to use. From what I saw tha

Keshia Knight-Pulliam.  She's here to promote her spice line.

Marissa, the actress. Her son is funny. Did she play Tracy in the movie, too? It's been about 10 years since I've seen it.

James Mazlow - here to promote his music career and movies. The requisite pretty boy. He looks familiar, but I can't place him.

Omarosa. ha, she's a super fan. It seems like the house guests are here to promote something or because they're super fans.

That background music while she's doing introductions - I keep expecting to suddenly see fish on the screen, or maybe kittens. Funny to see Mark such a fan of the other contestants. And James didn't know what The Apprentice was or who Omarosa is. I wish she wasn't the perpetual narrator. Maybe she'll be voted out first.

• Love 3

Man, I'm so excited for this season! I've never watched a celeb version before and this cast isn't nearly as Z list as I was expecting.  (Plus, I adore Mark McGrath. He's a really nice dude. And very self-aware.)

The only one I've never heard of is that James guy and I already dislike him. He seems really pissy and self-involved. Plus, how has he never heard of The Apprentice? It's only been off the air for a few years and it's been mentioned a zillion times in the media since Trump started running for President. Nope, do not like him at all. If he wins that recast power, I'll be so annoyed.

• Love 11

FUCKING HELL, GO THE FUCK AWAY PAUL. Every time I think I escape him, he comes slithering back in. It was nice to see Rachel again; she looks absolutely gorgeous when her hair isn't some animated red. Also, I cackled at Jodi&Jody showing up. 

Well, no shit Omarosa "conveniently" won safety for the week (AKA through the first eviction). I guess, after last season of Josh getting the golden apple over Paul, they wanted to ensure that Omarosa was safe, just in case. 

As nice as it is to see the women actually wanting to work together against the boys, Omarosa bugs a lot. After avoiding anything to do with her for years, I see that she's exactly how I imagined she'd be. Mugging for the cameras, the slow talking to try to seem smart and like the best person ever, etc. Sure, she's a superfan and gathered the women together, but man did I hate how she stood IN FRONT OF JULIE before entering the BB house. Also, Omarosa, you may make a good point about James making a deal while he's about to fall, but shut the eff up. That's what always happens during Big Brother. 

Shannon, Chuck, Ross, and Marissa were very pleasant. I liked all four quite a bit. Ari seems nice enough as does Keshia. Mark is annoying, as is James. Man, is James annoying. I had to mute him several times. I also don't like Brandi at all. The only thing that kind of endeared me to James for a second was his hate for Brandi. Boy, I feel you. Otherwise, go away. 

My hope for the first few eliminations: James, Omarosa, Mark, and Brandi, in no particular order. 

My initial hopes for F3, judging by just this episode? Shannon, Chuck, and Ross or Marissa. I can't decide out of Ross or Marissa which one I want. 

Damnit. I said I wouldn't be in for this season. But I'm in for the season. 

• Love 13

Open bar 24/7?  Oh yeah!

Interesting definition of  "celebrities".  I think 3 weeks of this will be plenty.

I'm liking Shannon and.....Brandi, strangely enough.

James is exactly the asshole I expected of an old boy band member.

They drug out loser Paul Abrahamasshole.  and talent-free Rachel.  Funny in a sick kind of way.

Gift bags.....It's a Cootie Taw!

• Love 4

My thoughts:

Omarosa's ego is bigger than the house

Paul? Really? Mr. Pectacular? Why?!

Hey, cool, they remembered Jodi

Jessica and Cody in the same room as Paul? Was security on hand in case things got out of hand?

This whole season seems it's rigged for Omarosa to win.

• Love 7

I liked the manatee commercial.

James, he sings "Do re mi" to demonstrate a vocal warmup but he's off-key on the last note. An all-ladies' alliance already! Go women!

Man, that is some HOH set. I can see why they closed off the backyard. Shannon looks like Kaitlyn Bristowe. So Omarosa is safe? WHAT a coincidence!! Metta is cracking up at the competition description. Are these trophies all the same size? I guess they are.

GROSS! Icky Paul!! Gross! Rotten voice, any way! No Mark you are not in the presence of Big Brother greatness, you are in the presence of Big Brother filth and villainy! Now Chuck has the right attitude. Thank goodness the opening act is gone. Nice to see Cody and Jessica in the audience, taking a detour from the Race, I guess! (Yes, I know the Race is long over.) I have to say I like Mark. So "swoosh a dribble" sounds like bowling pins fallng down? I think I've seen James in Disney TV movies. Go Shannon!! So is Omarosa auditioning for Julie's gig? "Who will be the first Celebrity Big Brother HOH?"

Hurray! Shannon won! But what a waste of a HOH competition! Now there's some stupid super powers.

So far I like: Shannon, Mark, Chuck, Marissa. Don't care for James or Omarosa. I'm neutral on the rest.

• Love 3

Marissa’s face when she first saw Omarosa perfectly mirrored my own.  Omarosa is just so damned extra ALL OF THE TIME.

I’m really going to miss Metta’s Twitter for three weeks.  I just adore him.  I hope someone explained the game to him so he isn’t made a fool of.

Shannon saves animals.  How could I not root for her?  Oh.  That’s how.  Way to keep a secret for longer than five minutes, lady.

The directors are on point already, I see.  The swallow noise they play every time Brandi takes a drink kills me.

• Love 11

Oh, fuck off and take your Friendship with you, Paul (hee! First fuck you of the season!). I did love how you got nothing but blank "who is he?" stares while Rachel got a squeal.

KOOTIE TAW! KOOTIE TAW!

I hope that bar is actually stocked and not just a prop. I need drunk Brandi ripping into James. 

Ross and Shannon need to be a two person wrecking crew. 

• Love 9
1 minute ago, mojoween said:

Marissa’s face when she first saw Omarosa perfectly mirrored my own.  Omarosa is just so damned extra ALL OF THE TIME.

I’m really going to miss Metta’s Twitter for three weeks.  I just adore him.  I hope someone explained the game to him so he isn’t made a fool of.

Shannon saves animals.  How could I not root for her?  Oh.  That’s how.  Way to keep a secret for longer than five minutes, lady.

The directors are on point already, I see.  The swallow noise they play every time Brandi takes a drink kills me.

Seriously... Shannon's a poker player?   But I did like her.  And Marissa (to the poster up-thread, no she wasn't in the movie.  She was too old to play a high school student when it was made.

I hated Mark about three seconds into his introduction.  Then came James.  OMG, he's such an obnoxious twit!  Even if you are probably too young to have seen her first season on the Apprentice, she's been working at the White House for the last year and been in the news!

I was watching Keshia's face when the all female alliance was proposed... I wonder if she'll tattle?

I liked Chuck from Dancing with the Stars.... LOL, half the cast has been on that show but can't mention it because it is on ABC!

• Love 2

Actually, it wasn’t nearly as bad as I expected and I was entertained! I even liked the goofy musical number even though it was Paul. Ugh! My favorites so far are Ross, Shannon, Marissa, and surprisingly Brandi. Who is this James character and how could he not know who Omarosa is and that Donald Trump was on The Apprentice. Looking forward to the feeds later tonight.

• Love 3
31 minutes ago, mojoween said:

That was amazing. So funny.

I really enjoyed the premiere. I only hate James. I thought I wouldn't like Brandi, but I love how self aware and shameless she is. Plus the swallow noise, and how rude she was to James! I was also impressed by Mark having some self awareness of his low celebrity status - his comment about being Sexiest Man Alive... in 1998. Ha!

• Love 6

These are f list celebrities but that's par for the course on reality tv.

My first thought was if Omarosa wins safety this is totally rigged and then what do you know she wins. 

And then Paul, ughhhhhh.

Didnt like Shannon telling Omarosa she knows the girl from Hairspray after she asked her not to tell anyone.  Was happy to see her win HOH though would like to see a woman's alliance last for once.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, partofme said:

Didnt like Shannon telling Omarosa she knows the girl from Hairspray after she asked her not to tell anyone.  Was happy to see her win HOH though would like to see a woman's alliance last for once.

I didn't like that either, and of all people to tell, she told Omarosa.  I have a feeling that will come back to bite Shannon.

• Love 18
7 minutes ago, Snickerdoodle said:

I didn't like that either, and of all people to tell, she told Omarosa.  I have a feeling that will come back to bite Shannon.

Yeah, I don't trust Omarosa as far as I can throw her. She'll sell the girls out to save herself in a heartbeat. And she'll find some (male) celebrity to suck up to, to be her new Trump. And Ross Matthews is already her new Piers Morgan, it seems.

Other than that, I kind of loved this. The cameos from the old Big Brother players were fun (except Paul. I'm amazed he didn't work "friendship" into his song. Or he did and I blocked it out entirely).

• Love 4

Never heard of James before, but he was a total InstaHate.   His picture must be in the dictionary next to Millennial Douchebag.

Mark McGrath is an ok guy, but dude tone on tone is not a good look on anybody not named Morticia or Gomez.  Bronzer, Just for Men dirty blonde shades.   Look into them.

How do you have a secret like a pre-existing relationship and spill it in less than a day?  I don't think you're the superfan you think you are.

I see Grodner's Paul boner hasn't gone down, even after he totally shit all over Production last season.   Hey Allison, it's 2018.   You don't have to let a man treat you like garbage and have him keep coming back.  Chuck wanted to punch Paul to shut him up so I'm rooting for the dude now.  If Paul return, can it be as Chuck's workout bag?

So......elephant in the room.  We're not even going to pretend about rigging anymore eh?  Exactly what is the expiration date for Omarossa Badu?

Edited by Maverick
  • Love 13

The swallow noise for Brandi had me rolling. I'm also dying at the way Omarosa lounges in the DR.

59 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

I liked Chuck from Dancing with the Stars.... LOL, half the cast has been on that show but can't mention it because it is on ABC!

Half the cast was on the Dancing with the Stars and the other half was on Celebrity Apprentice! http://www.goldderby.com/article/2018/celebrity-big-brother-cast-dancing-with-the-stars-celebrity-apprentice-alums/ Ariadna and Ross are the only ones who haven't been on either.

• Love 5

I was kind of prepared to hate Mark McGrath but I just can't, he's such a fan boy.  We all agree that James is a douche, but really, Brandy, why would you pick a fight your first hour in the house?  Even Omerosa knows better than that & she thrives on drama and controversy.  I like Shannon and hope she goes all the way.  Did not need to see Paul  & Rachel singing - neither has a good voice. Like Metta but I'm sue he doesn't understand the game and how cut throat it can be, if he's never seen it.

• Love 2

Meh. I want to like this, because I'm the biggest BB addict out there (which now feels like not a big deal, because apparently every C list celebrity cast on this show is such a HUGE fan (I guarantee if I gave these people a 10 question quiz of the greatest moments of BB, they'd score an average of 40)).

Hated Omarosa getting the obviously pre-planned save, hate Brandi even being there, hate the fact that my fave, Shannon, could get screwed, for no good damn reason, hate the fact that this is just a few weeks, and I should just blow it off and watch the Olympics.

But I won't. I'll see some of y'all in the live feeds thread. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Katesus7 said:

Meh. I want to like this, because I'm the biggest BB addict out there (which now feels like not a big deal, because apparently every C list celebrity cast on this show is such a HUGE fan (I guarantee if I gave these people a 10 question quiz of the greatest moments of BB, they'd score an average of 40)).

Hated Omarosa getting the obviously pre-planned save, hate Brandi even being there, hate the fact that my fave, Shannon, could get screwed, for no good damn reason, hate the fact that this is just a few weeks, and I should just blow it off and watch the Olympics.

But I won't. I'll see some of y'all in the live feeds thread. 

She won't get screwed.  Since Plan A (aka Plan 5) worked and Omarossa is safe, they won't need to implement Plan B (aka Plan Recast).

Why do they , production, always want to keep the worst people? I could do without B and O.  O doing the modeling walk was stupid when she was introduced.  

I like Mark, he is definitely self aware, I even said that to my hubs.  I think that is a good thing.  Ross, seems nice. 

Good start!! 

• Love 3

So this is the way they get old people in the house! Wanted to like it more then I did, but yeah more then half the people are just on there to sell things. Rudy! There's prob 3 real "celebrities" on the show in Chuck, Meta, and Shanon. Omarosa too I guess in the political world? We'll see if this keeps my interest, it seems it'll be more staged then usual. 

Very excited for this season.  I never thought I would say this but I want Brandi gone before Omarosa.  When Brandi said she would probably start hooking for money I yelled at the TV, "Don't you do that already?"  She is such a crap person.

While hating Paul I was snickering at how short he is hahahahahaha.  The guy that wanted to punch him - JUST DO IT!

I like Mark, Peace, Shannon, Rudy, Hairspray girl and the other girl.

I hate Brandi, Omarosa.

I love Ross.  Ross used to do the final interviews for BB and I loved them.

• Love 1

I hate when they pull an all one gender alliance, it makes the game so boring.  It does not matter if it is an All-Dude Bro alliance or an All-Woman alliance.  It just does not make for interesting television for me.

I am racking my brain trying to figure out where I know Brandi from.  I knew who she was before she was on TCA and I have never watched any episodes of the Real Housewives, so it has been bothering me all night.  I looked her up on Wikipedia and there was nothing really about her prior to he two previous reality shows.  Maybe she was a guest on Howard Stern...I am just not sure but I could have sworn I knew her before she was on TAR.

I like Chuck and was a fan of his when he was in the UFC but the dude is so boring.  I am surprised they cast him on a show where you have to have some sort of personality.  Well they did cast Matt last season...

Screw you CBS for putting Paul on my television for the third year in a row!  A laughed when they had Rachel come out and sing because it was so heavily auto-tuned that I thought Britney Spears was singing.

Despite me not being a fan of the All-Women's alliance I actually think I want to see Shannon win this based on the first episode.  Though I would not complain about Chuck or Ross winning either.

• Love 2

I like the design of the house. The kitchen looks so much better than it normally does. I chuckle at the constant reminders that they were leaving their 'celebrity' comforts but then none of them took any luggage into the house so I'm guessing they have wardrobes set aside for everyone?

Calling bullshit on James not knowing about The Apprentice. He's 27 not 17. He's really likable on social media but wow what an ass on the show so far. I also HATED him asking Chuck if Ross was with the guys or not at the end there...just ick.

I was not expecting A or even D listers and I think the show did a decent job casting....with the exception of Omarosa. Leaving aside all the messiness recently surrounding her. She just steals so much focus and is so exhausting. Very silly of Shannon to trust her so quickly.

Rooting for Shannon and Ross. I would love to see Shannon's charity get the money.

Super gross seeing Paul again. And Mark saying he was a BB legend? As a two time loser? Okay lol.

Edited by Couver
  • Love 3

Well, I liked that much more than I expected to, but I so wanted Chuck Liddell to beat the crap out of Paul. Just because. Or at least put the fear of God in him.

I think it should be a running joke that everyone keeps going up to James and asking," who are you again?"  Dude is not famous.

• Love 4

Big Time Rush was popular when I was still young enough to watch the show and like the band and James was my favorite but I don’t like the way he is coming across on CBB. So sorry, can’t root for you bud...

Ross Matthews has been one of my favorite people since I first saw him on Chelsea Handler’s show on E. 

I also really like Marissa. She seems fun and I love anything and everything that has to do with Broadway! 

Everyone else I either don’t know or really like/care about and I’m still pretty salty they didn’t choose Samm Levine even though he really wanted to do it because he really is a BB superfan lol

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

The house is so different! And there's a bar! Is that one of the bedrooms? Or maybe it's the have not room. (I think it is the Have Not room.)

The bar looks like what is usually the room with a big couch between the kitchen and bathroom where the cast can hang and gossip. Often it's used for the quick planning sessions during the Double Eviction nights. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Maverick said:

So......elephant in the room.  We're not even going to pretend about rigging anymore eh?  Exactly what is the expiration date for Omarossa Badu?

Swear to god.  When Big O got her version of the Pendant of Ass Protection, the conversation in my living room went something like this:

Me: Of course.  Fix in much?

Her: What do you mean? Anybody could have picked Star number 5 before her.

Me: Did you see the card Julie pulled out of the sleeve?

Her: No....

Me: What makes you think it had a 5 on it?

7 hours ago, alihart41 said:

The swallow noise for Brandi had me rolling.

So glad someone else commented on this; the first couple of times, I thought my brain was auto-editing the sound in.  :D

7 hours ago, Ananayel said:

So, I was going to give this a pass, but since most of you have at least cautious optimism, I'll check it out. Won't be watching this ep on demand though, because Paul.

Eh, Paul has less than ten seconds screen time max.  Thank god.

5 hours ago, Couver said:

Calling bullshit on James not knowing about The Apprentice. He's 27 not 17. 

I don’t think James is very conscious of anything in the world much beyond the view from his selfie stick.

Rooting for Shannon and Ross. I would love to see Shannon's charity get the money.

I liked Shannon more than I expected to.  Moving to Africa to work animal conservation?  That ain’t no dilettante shit.

Super gross seeing Paul again. And Mark saying he was a BB legend? As a two time loser? Okay lol.

Well, I reckon being a legendary douchebag counts.  ;)

9 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

The house is so different! And there's a bar! Is that one of the bedrooms? Or maybe it's the have not room. (I think it is the Have Not room.)

Actually, I think the bar is in what used to be the APSR.

• Love 11

I liked that for the first time ever the house wasn't decorated for kindergartners. 

I remembered what I hate most about BB after Shannon worked so hard to win HOH, and now there's a twist.

I'm glad Julie is still shopping at  Weird-mart, although nothing will ever top last year's  dress made of duct tape and potholders.

Miss Columbia's cheekbones prove that even the most desirable qualities can reach a freaky state.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, TeapotWakeen said:

Was it my imagination, or did Omarosa say she had been working in "Warshington"? Wow, I haven't heard it said that way in ages and ages....

She sure did! I've never heard it said that way.  She is an eloquent speaker, I will give her that, why would she say Warshington? 

Yes, she did say "Warshington".

I remember where I've seen James before. It was on Dancing with the Stars - I watched that season and was into it, but not because of James.

Regarding the bar: the APSR was one of the bedrooms, wasn't it? Or was it the room with the round powder blue sofa in either last season or season before? Because I think the bar maybe in that little room as a poster said above. But I'm still thinking Have Not because the bar room was more rectangular. Well, once I start watching the feeds I'll get it figured out.

9 hours ago, yanksno1 said:

There's prob 3 real "celebrities" on the show in Chuck, Meta, and Shanon. 

I guess that depends on your definition of "celebrity".  I never heard of them before this show.  The only ones I already heard of were Mark, Brandi and Omarosa.  

• Love 1
2 hours ago, buffynut said:

I forgot all about the premiere being on last night.  Must remember to watch tonight. Is the first eviction tonight, or did someone go last night?

The first eviction is on Friday.

1 hour ago, Lamb18 said:

Regarding the bar: the APSR was one of the bedrooms, wasn't it? 

No, it wasn't. The room referred to as APSR last season is indeed the room that it now the bar. It's between the bathroom and kitchen, basically right across from the stairs.

For some reason my second-hand embarrassment was at an all-time high with this group, especially James. I need him to go first because I can't handle it!

Currently my fave is Chuck simply because he said he didn't know who any of the past HGs were, which made me lol and cheer.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 4

So, it's obvious that Omarosa's agent made sure she wasn't the first one evicted.  With the next stupid twist and the way that Shannon mentioned keeping women safe, I'm guessing that a man has the same clause.  McGrath maybe?  Can't figure anyone else really having that kind of pull.