Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
CuriousParker

S01.E01: Season Premiere

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, BK1978 said:

I am racking my brain trying to figure out where I know Brandi from.  I knew who she was before she was on TCA and I have never watched any episodes of the Real Housewives, so it has been bothering me all night.  I looked her up on Wikipedia and there was nothing really about her prior to he two previous reality shows.  Maybe she was a guest on Howard Stern...I am just not sure but I could have sworn I knew her before she was on TAR..

You might remember Brandi from the ongoing LeAnn Rimes stories.  LeAnn stole her husband and years later there is still ongoing drama

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I know James is a moron. Nonetheless, there’s something satisfying when a “celeb” who assumes that everyone knows who she is and why she’s famous comes face to face with the limits of that fame. 

 

So so just for that moment, James can stay one elimination. Then, he can go.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

This was a lot like watching regular Big Brother because I don't know who most of these people are lol.

1) SO much bad plastic surgery and fillers. HD is not kind to some of these people.

2) Never seen a more self absorbed and unaware human being as James Maslow. I was embarrassed for him.

3) WHAT DID I DO TO DESERVE FUCKING PAUL!??! Ugh. I can't go 6 months without seeing his face? Come on, CBS.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, buffynut said:

I forgot all about the premiere being on last night.  Must remember to watch tonight. Is the first eviction tonight, or did someone go last night?

Nobody OTB yet; first noms will be tonight, I believe, with first eviction on Friday.  How PoV and second noms get mixed into the wash is anybody's guess.

 

1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

The room referred to as APSR last season is indeed the room that it now the bar. It's between the bathroom and kitchen, basically right across from the stairs.

This year the posters over at Jokers are referring to the room as the "Speakeasy" (SE for short) - guess "bar" was out, as BA and BR were already taken. :)  In any case, I kinda like it.

 

1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

Currently my fave is Chuck simply because he said he didn't know who any of the past HGs were, which made me lol and cheer.

Wondering seriously about Chuck's dark horse potential; he's quiet and not especially articulate, but I don't think he's stupid.  I think a lot of folks tend to equate those characteristics, though, which might give Chuck a chance to do some maneuvering room UTR.

 

25 minutes ago, valandsend said:

I guess they're too good to carry in their own luggage, however.

Personally, I was wondering how much contract negotiation went into the order in which the HGs entered the House....  :>

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

14 hours ago, Couver said:

Calling bullshit on James not knowing about The Apprentice.

He probably had no interest in reality competition shows until he decided he might want to be on one. He asked "for who", so he at least knows that The Apprentice has had more than one host.

I thought Omarosa's claim to fame was being fired by Trump the most times, having lost on three separate seasons. But, I do remember the first season, in which she showed herself to be completely incompetent at anything but finger-pointing. She got some notoriety because she was picked by one of the F2, who wanted to prove he could manage anyone, but she proved him wrong.

Share this post


Link to post

I missed the last 10 minutes starting when they were just picking up gold-colored bags but told not to look inside.  Can anyone give me a recap from there to the end please.  Thanks in advance.

Share this post


Link to post
20 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

Marissa, the actress. Her son is funny. Did she play Tracy in the movie, too? It's been about 10 years since I've seen it.

She was only in the Broadway version, but she did record a song with the other Tracys for the movie soundtrack.

Share this post


Link to post

I'm in for this season because...of course I am.

I should be embarrassed that I recognize James from playing Bart Winslow Jr in the trashtastic Lifetime movie version of V.C. Andrews' Seeds of Yesterday  (the version where Bart has sex with and marries his adopted sister, Cindy!!) but...I'm not. I like my guilty pleasure TV. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
20 hours ago, BK1978 said:

I hate when they pull an all one gender alliance, it makes the game so boring.  It does not matter if it is an All-Dude Bro alliance or an All-Woman alliance.  It just does not make for interesting television for me.

I am racking my brain trying to figure out where I know Brandi from.  I knew who she was before she was on TCA and I have never watched any episodes of the Real Housewives, so it has been bothering me all night.  I looked her up on Wikipedia and there was nothing really about her prior to he two previous reality shows.  Maybe she was a guest on Howard Stern...I am just not sure but I could have sworn I knew her before she was on TAR.

I like Chuck and was a fan of his when he was in the UFC but the dude is so boring.  I am surprised they cast him on a show where you have to have some sort of personality.  Well they did cast Matt last season...

Screw you CBS for putting Paul on my television for the third year in a row!  A laughed when they had Rachel come out and sing because it was so heavily auto-tuned that I thought Britney Spears was singing.

Despite me not being a fan of the All-Women's alliance I actually think I want to see Shannon win this based on the first episode.  Though I would not complain about Chuck or Ross winning either.

Brandi was on Real Housewives of Beverly Hills for 4-5 seasons... oops sorry just reread that u never watched RH - apologies, lol   She also had a couple books published 

Edited by BodhiGurl · Reason: Commented further

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, LoneHaranguer said:

He probably had no interest in reality competition shows until he decided he might want to be on one. He asked "for who", so he at least knows that The Apprentice has had more than one host.

I thought Omarosa's claim to fame was being fired by Trump the most times, having lost on three separate seasons. But, I do remember the first season, in which she showed herself to be completely incompetent at anything but finger-pointing. She got some notoriety because she was picked by one of the F2, who wanted to prove he could manage anyone, but she proved him wrong.

I think the non-political people know her best for The Apprentice.  Others most likely know her for being dragged out of the White House kicking and screaming.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

20 hours ago, BK1978 said:

I hate when they pull an all one gender alliance, it makes the game so boring.  It does not matter if it is an All-Dude Bro alliance or an All-Woman alliance.  It just does not make for interesting television for me.

I am racking my brain trying to figure out where I know Brandi from.  I knew who she was before she was on TCA and I have never watched any episodes of the Real Housewives, so it has been bothering me all night.  I looked her up on Wikipedia and there was nothing really about her prior to he two previous reality shows.  Maybe she was a guest on Howard Stern...I am just not sure but I could have sworn I knew her before she was on TAR.

I like Chuck and was a fan of his when he was in the UFC but the dude is so boring.  I am surprised they cast him on a show where you have to have some sort of personality.  Well they did cast Matt last season...

Screw you CBS for putting Paul on my television for the third year in a row!  A laughed when they had Rachel come out and sing because it was so heavily auto-tuned that I thought Britney Spears was singing.

Despite me not being a fan of the All-Women's alliance I actually think I want to see Shannon win this based on the first episode.  Though I would not complain about Chuck or Ross winning either.

When Eddie Cibrian dumped Brandi and LeAnn Rimes dumped her husband, Brandi became the martyr on many gossip blogs.  Brandi milked that for years.  There were accusations that LeAnn stalked Brandi, single white femaled her, tried to steal her children, etc., while Brandi stood tall and rose above everything.  It wasn't until Brandi was on The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills and showed her ass for years that she developed her current reputation.  I don't think Brandi would ever be on TAR.  She likes to lounge, drink large amounts of liquor, and make snide, vulgar comments.*  Surprisingly I'm not disliking her yet, but I think she's got an Omarosa shield.

*Probably one of her most classic moments:  At a David Foster gathering, Babyface offered to quickly make up a song about any topic.  Brandi volunteered "finger banging".

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/8/2018 at 12:04 AM, BK1978 said:

I am racking my brain trying to figure out where I know Brandi from.  I knew who she was before she was on TCA and I have never watched any episodes of the Real Housewives, so it has been bothering me all night.  I looked her up on Wikipedia and there was nothing really about her prior to he two previous reality shows.  Maybe she was a guest on Howard Stern...I am just not sure but I could have sworn I knew her before she was on TAR.

OMG Brandi was NEVER on TAR.  Her do anything?  Not bloody likely.  You probably know her from the tabloids.  She has spent many years screaming about Leann Rhimes who stole her husband. Lately she has been in a PR fight with Gerard Butler.

On 2/8/2018 at 6:35 AM, Nashville said:

Swear to god.  When Big O got her version of the Pendant of Ass Protection, the conversation in my living room went something like this:

Me: Of course.  Fix in much?

Her: What do you mean? Anybody could have picked Star number 5 before her.

Me: Did you see the card Julie pulled out of the sleeve?

Her: No....

Me: What makes you think it had a 5 on it?

I know!  I have a friend who swears to God this is all true because of the game show scandal of the 50s.  She will not hear that BB, Survivor and other shows are categorized as reality shows and not game shows.

Share this post


Link to post

I figured out where I saw Brandi Glanville. She was in "my kitchen rules", where celebrity teams compete by cooking a meal at another celebrity's house, and are judged on each course.  Brandi's partner was a guy named Dean.( Leann Rimes ex-husband, which was weird) The memorable pairs were Andrew Dice Clay and wife, and Lance Bass and his mom.  

ETA: looking it up, I recall what made it memorable. The gossip that Brandi G had a fling with Cat Cora, who was a judge on the show, while the show was filming.

Edited by backformore

Share this post


Link to post

When did Mark McGrath become a blond plank of wood?  He seems likable though but I’ll have to get over the facial distraction.

I love Ross but gotdamn that high voice has got…to…gooooooo!

Thanks, Steve Harvey; the Ms. America that never was has an accent as thick as a plank of wood (sorry, Mark)

Not feeling James Maslow at all, dude likes to hear himself speak….and so what Brandi didn’t know who you were, hell I didn’t either and once you introduced yourself I still didn’t give a flying fig!!

Marissa’s red dress is GOD, I must have it at once!  Always liked her and her big hair.

Was very surprised that Keisha was able to stay on the Oscar for 23 minutes as she is on the thicknin’ side.

GAH!!  I literally screamed when fucking Paul came on my screen!!  Why?!  And is Rachel pregnant again?  Nooooo, not Jesse!  And Jocasta?  Scraping from the bottle of the pudding cup eh, BB?

Gee….Omarosa gets to stay for the week and doesn’t have to participate for HOH; coincidence?  S’yeah, right!

Shannon Elizabeth is rubbing me the wrong way but I’ma observe her a bit more before giving my final judgment.

I like Chuck and Metta so far.

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/8/2018 at 6:35 AM, Nashville said:

Swear to god.  When Big O got her version of the Pendant of Ass Protection, the conversation in my living room went something like this:

Me: Of course.  Fix in much?

Her: What do you mean? Anybody could have picked Star number 5 before her.

Me: Did you see the card Julie pulled out of the sleeve?

Her: No....

Me: What makes you think it had a 5 on it?

Didn't Julie describe something a bit more convoluted? Something to do with the person standing in the right place relative to what was picked? If Omarosa got to stand in the right place  it may not have mattered what number was picked.

15 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I think the non-political people know her best for The Apprentice.  Others most likely know her for being dragged out of the White House kicking and screaming.

Not if they believed her side of the story. I was referring to when Omarosa was introducing herself; she said it was S1 of The Apprentice she was known for.

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

When Eddie Cibrian dumped Brandi and LeAnn Rimes dumped her husband, Brandi became the martyr on many gossip blogs.  Brandi milked that for years.  There were accusations that LeAnn stalked Brandi, single white femaled her, tried to steal her children, etc., while Brandi stood tall and rose above everything.  It wasn't until Brandi was on The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills and showed her ass for years that she developed her current reputation.  I don't think Brandi would ever be on TAR.  She likes to lounge, drink large amounts of liquor, and make snide, vulgar comments.*  Surprisingly I'm not disliking her yet, but I think she's got an Omarosa shield.

*Probably one of her most classic moments:  At a David Foster gathering, Babyface offered to quickly make up a song about any topic.  Brandi volunteered "finger banging".

 

5 hours ago, jumper sage said:

OMG Brandi was NEVER on TAR.  Her do anything?  Not bloody likely.  You probably know her from the tabloids.  She has spent many years screaming about Leann Rhimes who stole her husband. Lately she has been in a PR fight with Gerard Butler.

I know!  I have a friend who swears to God this is all true because of the game show scandal of the 50s.  She will not hear that BB, Survivor and other shows are categorized as reality shows and not game shows.

Sorry that was my mistake I meant The Apprentice and I put TAR.  I am not sure why I did that and I had already been quoted so I felt weird editing it.  So yeah I apologize.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Well, that was better than I expected.  More star power in the cast than the initial "leaks", thankfully.  (I'm very glad that "New York" person didn't make it, after all.)  Still very c-list, but still.

Mark McGrath is annoying me with the over-acting, but there has to be at least one.  And I'll be the dissident who can't stand Chuck Liddell, a mediocre fighter (he had multiple losses, including knockouts and tap outs, IIRC) before he became champion and was overhyped to the skies by UFC, largely on the strength of his stupid mohawk.  I was never so thrilled as when Rampage Jackson pounded him into the ground, and thus irrelevance.  (Okay, that's hype, too.  New England losing last week was just as thrilling, for example.  But you get my point.)

James Maslow seems as though he might have potential as a Mike Boogie type; a total dick, but in a way that I rather enjoy that about him, and bringing "the magic" in the DR to snark on the others.

I've never seen Omarosa before, but she didn't seem too awful.  Clearly milking her 15 minutes, though.  And a former White House assistant (however little influence she might actually have had) is a new kind of celebrity, for certain.

Cringed like anything when Paul showed up for the opening number, but then it got so much better with the return of Goddess Rachel, Mr. Pectacular, and My Girl <----- Jessica.  And I took a certain pride that among all these "celebrities" (I mean, whatever Rudy Huxtable/ex-kids Boy Band Member/Bravo woman, etc.) our own little BB "family" has its own enduring charms, even down to poor Jodi, evicted after less than 7 hours into Season 14.  (And while not actually booed the way the dubbing did it in the  episode, apparently not actually too beloved by her brief housemates.  Don't break the champagne glasses on Night 1…or you might not make it to Day 2.)

I did think that Cody's scowling while Jessica was blowing that kiss might have been overdoing his "character" a bit…but then I remembered all that he (and Jess) had to endure from Paul and the Paulettes last summer, and I guess I wouldn't exactly be smiling watching Mr. AbraHAMian take a "star" turn, either.

BTW, if anyone actually did want to see Paul beat down into a pile of banana-beard and bad ink, forget about having Liddell or Cody do it.  Let's not forget that the reason Ron Artest changed his name to "World Peace" was at least partly because that infamous night in Detroit where Ron and a couple of Indiana Pacer teammates ended up going into the stands and punching out a few of the drunken fans.  Yes, he's mellowed in the decade since, but I bet Paul could bring it out in him, again.

As for the "rigged?" question:

On February 8, 2018 at 3:35 AM, Nashville said:

Me:  Fix in much?

Her: What do you mean? Anybody could have picked Star number 5 before her.

Me: Did you see the card Julie pulled out of the sleeve?

Her: No....

Me: What makes you think it had a 5 on it?

Well, we didn't get to see what was on it, but Julie did show it to the HGs.  Hard to imagine that they would all take a dive and fake the surprise for benefit of someone they didn't know (Maslow) or didn't like (Ross).  Not to mention basic selfishness and greed (Brandi) or pride (Liddell) playing into it.  Sometimes dumb luck benefits the person Grodner wants it to benefit.  Sh*t happens, and all that.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Just because Julie showed the number, it doesn't mean the fix wasn't in.  You can variations on this on any given season of America's Got Talent.  It Parlor Tricks 101. 

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, backformore said:

looking it up, I recall what made [My Kitchen Rules] memorable. The gossip that Brandi G had a fling with Cat Cora, who was a judge on the show, while the show was filming.

Not the first such rumor Brandi's had.  The National Enquirer (I know, but…) ran a story a few years back saying that, at Bruce Willis's last wedding, Demi Moore was performing a few lady-favors on Brandi, while Demi's then-husband Ashton Kutcher was in the next room.  (Yes, Bruce had his ex and her new hubby to the wedding.  All grown up and forgiving, don't you know?)

I'm all in favor of our getting our first f/f in-house hook-up, considering how many m/f couples have taken advantage of the "downtime" through the years, but I don't know who I'd nominate for the other party.  Ariadna, maybe? (Shannon and Omarosa would rebuff Brandi, even if their preferences were flexible, IMO, and I can't see Brandi going for Keshia or Marissa, even were they interested.)  Ah, well, we'll always have Tales of Aaryn and Jessie in the S15 Jury House…

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Vixenstud said:

When did Mark McGrath become a blond plank of wood?  He seems likable though but I’ll have to get over the facial distraction.

Swear to god - that and the hair.  I finally figured out who Mark was reminding me of...

 

3746C369-375C-44AC-96E7-754F9A709EB3.jpeg

31558002-59FC-4002-AFC4-8806F82A22DD.jpeg

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Vixenstud said:

the Ms. America that never was has an accent as thick as a plank of wood (sorry, Mark)

That was the Ms Universe that never was and the actual Ms Colombia so she better have an accent.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Okay, whatever, but it's just so ridiculously t-r-a-n-s-p-a-r-e-n-t for them to protect their "big get" celebrity with a free week right off the bat.

What other reason could there be for awarding such a random pass, except to guarantee the infamous villainess Omarosa sticks around awhile?

She's so abrasive and awful, there's a good chance she really might have been the unanimous first boot.  Waah-waah, sad trombone sounds for the CBB production.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

On 2/7/2018 at 10:10 PM, Maverick said:

 Never heard of James before, but he was a total InstaHate.   His picture must be in the dictionary next to Millennial Douchebag.

 

OMG - This guy is a twat. I don't even know what Candy Rush or whatever he was on is. 

I've always liked Ross, he's cracking me up. And so is Mark McGrath. 

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/7/2018 at 9:07 PM, Callaphera said:

Oh, fuck off and take your Friendship with you, Paul (hee! First fuck you of the season!). I did love how you got nothing but blank "who is he?" stares while Rachel got a squeal.

KOOTIE TAW! KOOTIE TAW!

I hope that bar is actually stocked and not just a prop. I need drunk Brandi ripping into James. 

Ross and Shannon need to be a two person wrecking crew. 

Yes! Ross and Shannon are my top 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/8/2018 at 6:19 PM, CountryGirl said:

I'm in for this season because...of course I am.

I should be embarrassed that I recognize James from playing Bart Winslow Jr in the trashtastic Lifetime movie version of V.C. Andrews' Seeds of Yesterday  (the version where Bart has sex with and marries his adopted sister, Cindy!!) but...I'm not. I like my guilty pleasure TV. 

I'm right there with ya that's where I remember him from. I hated Bart and thought Cindy hated herself being sexually attracted to Bart and Marrying him. Bart tried to drown her when they were little and he was A POS to her AND Jory, fucking his wife)

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/8/2018 at 5:19 PM, CountryGirl said:

I should be embarrassed that I recognize James from playing Bart Winslow Jr in the trashtastic Lifetime movie version of V.C. Andrews' Seeds of Yesterday  (the version where Bart has sex with and marries his adopted sister, Cindy!!) but...I'm not. I like my guilty pleasure TV. 

A V. C. Andrews book featuring an unnatural sexual relationship between siblings!?!?  Surely you jest!!!

...Just kidding.  You just described, like, every V. C. Andrews book ever written.  Please be more specific.  ;>

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size