Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E09: Call Me Jason

• Start Topic

Was LVP braless under that sheer blouse at the party?  That look was doing her no favors.  But I have to admit, I was so proud of her when she defended Katie.  She said just what Katie needed to hear in that moment and you could tell how touched Katie was by her support.

• Love 15

Twelve isn't even that big these days. I'm 5'4, 136 lbs. Totally normal weight and I'm in a 12. It all depends on your shape. But sizes have changed. Even girls I think that are really skinny are in 6s and 8s. 

Clothing sizes for us are super-dumb and confusing! I'm your same height and about 120 so there is not a vast difference. But I'm typically a 3-4. So, yeah, shape and...I guess distribution for lack of a better word affect the size, plus women's clothes have so many cuts and silhouettes to deal with--that is, assuming the manufacturers even give a shit about "correct" sizing. I usually can eyeball stuff without trying on but I got a sweater the other day that is not meant to be especially fitted and yet I had to get a large--so what the hell is that? Can we just have like flat-out measurements with indisputable numbers like men do?!

I've also never understood when an inseam (when it even has a number, that is) says "[##] Long." If it's a specific number, what makes it need the qualifier of long

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, ghoulina said:

she should have been happy to help. She needs to give in and get laid. Her sour attitude is dragging shit down. 

Haha - this made me really LOL.  I used to like her but she is kind of a Debby Downer lately not to mention she's holding out on my cougar crush....

• Love 3
13 hours ago, nexxie said:

Jax doing Brittany - foo funny!

OMG, yes! I rewound that a couple of times. Is his ability to do it so well representative of his contempt for her?

1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

I LOVED how James made them feel like the total stars of the night. So sweet. 

Totally agree. He's a complete arse but like Lisa I have a soft spot in my heart for him.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

I haven't been a fan of Katie for a long time, but I gotta give her credit.  She seemed way calm & cool with the hillbilly triplets.  More than I'd be.  Man, every time I look at Schwartz, he always looks like he smells like absolute shit -- cuz he looks to me like he NEVER bathes.  But those brothers?  Whew, that apartment must stink so bad.  Ew!  They do seem like sweet guys tho.

I kept wondering if they're planning on some spinoff show with the brothers Schwartz and Sandoval? One of them mentioned several times (or more then one of them mentioned once) how he wanted to stay in California and the whole Sandoval thing with dressing them? I don't find them at all interesting but I could see Bravo doing a one off show like they did with Brittany and Jax visiting the family. Probably not, but that was the vibe I was getting.

I've never been an Arianna fan, too caught up in being the "cool girl" most of the time, but lately she's been especially bad. Totally negative all the time. Just too much. 

• Love 5

They have really shoved Kristin in to the background this season. Who did she piss off? At least LVP has allowed her back in to her establishments. 

7 minutes ago, politichick said:

OMG, yes! I rewound that a couple of times. Is his ability to do it so well representative of his contempt for her?

I thought that, too. Not sure why Jax/Jason is with Brit. He doesn't seem to have any love for her at all and I don't see any chemistry between them. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 2

If “the triplets” have special needs, they should just say so on the show to help explain their situation. Either way, they all need to quit acting like “the triplets” are children. Everything surrounding their visits is bizarre, even for this show. I’m trying to envision the reaction of ANY of my male friends in the same age range if their brother’s friend bought them entire new outfits. Didn’t he even say he got them underwear?!

Jax is such a douche. Lisa’s shirt at the party was ridiculous for a woman her age. Unflattering, too. Kevin Lee is a real dick. It’s “out of control” and he “should work on it.”

• Love 12

Uh oh, Kevin Lee really stepped in it, and LVP now has him on her shit list. Bye, Kevin Lee~ LVP holds a grudge for life. 

I wanna know HOW Katie fell face first through a sky light!! 

Sandoval should hang up his music aspirations, bar tending gigs, and  his Mactor dreams, and become a stylist for the young, flamboyant West Hollywood crowd. He obviously loves doing it more than anything else. You do you, Tom. 

What the frick is the deal with the rain man triplets?! ( no disrespect to those dealing with the autism spectrum). 

• Love 7

I like Arianna, but anyone that uses the phrases "you need to check your privilege" gets the serious eye roll from me.  It's such a socially pretentious thing to say these days.  And I agree with many on the posts about the Triplets.  They need to come out and explain whatever issue these guys have so the viewers understand.  Otherwise we are all left to assume why three socially awkward 30 year olds still live at home with their parents and behave like babies fascinated by a mobile in a crib.

Also, this show is really going off the rails with people coming on the show to promote themselves, rather than being natural parts of the lives of the real cast members.  People like Billy, Raquel, the Reike lady, etc, they are all just trying to promote themselves and are really only on the show for that reason.  I guess it all started with Brittany doing the same thing and succeeding, as now she is a full cast member, but even that appears to be backfiring as Jax is stuck in that storyline now even though he clearly wants out of it.  Bravo should do a better job of weeding out these people when their boring stories go nowhere.  

• Love 13
1 hour ago, politichick said:

That thought crossed my mind too - people with npd do have contempt for those they are able to fool, especially those with big hearts and spirits. More than ever, it looks like that might be his problem.

Run Brittany, run!

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 5

There's something creepy looking about Mark Kurian, like he's made of injected molded plastic or something.

Kevin Lee can eat shi shi shit.

(Also, I wouldn't be surprised if Jax started the fire at SUR. His "no" in regards to caring if it burned down was a little too quick.)

jax-2.gif

• Love 12

Why does everyone think that the Triplets situation/state needs to be explained to us?  I agree (and it was discussed back on the wedding episode) that they seem to have a developmental delay of sorts - but they come and go and that's it - they aren't in a storyline or anything.  What am I missing?

• Love 13
26 minutes ago, Adultosaurus said:

Why does everyone think that the Triplets situation/state needs to be explained to us?  I agree (and it was discussed back on the wedding episode) that they seem to have a developmental delay of sorts - but they come and go and that's it - they aren't in a storyline or anything.  What am I missing?

No one has to do anything, but I think many of us would like to know.  Nuthin' more than that, IMO. 

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 4

Sandoval has really grown on me.  I loved how he embraced the triplets and coordinated the makeover effort.  I think he's pretty talented - I know I have enjoyed his music videos and I even liked the Pitch Perfect collab at Christmastime.  He's a good example of telegenic but I don't think he's particularly photogenic, so I definitely see him as more of a performer than a model.  And he could have a future in styling. 

I'm loving James this season too.  That shuffle run he does with his arms all loaded with stuff cracks me UP.  His VIP response to the triplet was endearing.

Jax is a hemorrhoid.

• Love 10

I thought it was sweet that they treated the triplets to a nice vacation. They looked really nice in the suits, and kept gushing about how much fun they had.  I don't really need to know much about them,  unless they join the show.  Still,  nice of them to do that.  I don't think those guys see much excitement.  

• Love 8

I'm from suburban Minneapolis, where Schwartz- and I assume the triplets-grew up, and I don't think they seem delayed or anything!  They seem like ordinary, shlubby guys to me.  Certainly it would be more likely for me to encounter guys like them in the local Target than guys like Jax or Sandoval.  There's obviously some failure to launch going on there and they aren't going to set the world on fire with some killer career, but there are a lot of unspectacular, unsophisticated people in the world.  

At least they didn't come on the show looking for their big break like literally every other person.

• Love 17

Argh, I hate that I have to defend Stassi, but I really don't think she's racist.  At all.  She's just not politically correct.  It sounds shocking when someone says something non-PC now, but I don't think Stassi was saying what she was saying to be offensive or rude.  Again, I hate that I have to defend Stassi, but what Ariana said was out of line. Especially seeing as she prides herself on being so educated, cultured and intelligent.  You need to make sure that your insults actually fit the person's wrong doings and sayings.

They used to bleep out "asshole", but they don't anymore. 

Jax, you effing moron, it's not 'fighted', it's 'fought'.  Yes, the other cast members have done bad shit, but you're the only one without a conscience.  It kills me having to defend anyone there, but despite every single one of them having various degrees of narcissism and definitely histrionic, they all have redeeming qualities, no matter how small.  There's still some hope for them.  There's absolutely none for Jax.

Yes, Kevin Lee, stfu and fo.  You're telling her as a friend???  You're not her friend, you're nothing to her!  Katie's weight is out of control?  You're such a pos!  For that, he wasn't being politically incorrect, he was just being a shit.  Ouch, that tape of her after the accident looked really painful.  Glad it healed well.  No need to see a surgeon for it, you look great.  I actually didn't even notice the scar until she mentioned it.  Anyone here seen the film 'The Girl On the Train'?  I've seen a lot of posts here and elsewhere, with people saying "F U Kevin Lee!" which reminded me of a scene in the movie where Rachel and the lady at the bar screaming "F U ANNA BOYD!!!"

You know what's odd?  It's almost never the really good-looking ones who go around insulting other people's looks and weight.  It's always the really annoying and invisibly non-relevant and unattractive people who say that shit.  Has anyone else noticed this? 

In season 3 when Tom and Ariana started out as a couple, Tom mentioned having lots of sex.  He and Schwartz were at the gym and Schwartz said "You have this... glow." like an after-sex glow and in the TH, Sandoval said "When you're not spending all your time fighting (with Kristen), you have a lot more time for sex.", and I thought okay, good for them, it's great to have lots of sex with your partner, so I don't know what happened since then to go to a point where they're not having any sex at all.  Not just because they're over the first flush of infatuation, but not having any sex??  From a Cool Girl like Ariana??

• Love 9

This week’s How to Be a Better You by Being Like Me Sandoval Life Lesson: building your foundational wardrobe and cycling in signature pieces that show off your personality. Yet, I guess the triplets will be showing off Sandoval’s personality—or maybe Tommy Bahama’s personality with that straw fedora!

Was the fire on a Tuesday? I’m guessing the cause is DJ Jazzy James’s FIRE records burning down the house...coupled with his audio equipment pulling too many amps.

Aw, inspirational story and touching moment from Katie and Lisa about Katie’s death-defying accident and shining as yourself through “flaws.”

I thought Sandoval’s whipping out a random “I’m the best at this too” item of the week was the fedora and a half dozen pairs of shoes, but, nope, it’s a full-size ironing board!

As I said during the first guys’ mediation session, this reiki “therapist” seems to be crossing all kinds of boundaries, but that long, tight hug and calling Jason “honey” while doing so is crossing the line even further. That being said, Jax has probably never had any girlfriend call him Jason, so if this is the first woman in his entire life that he can be his real self with, if they are as interested in each other as it comes across, this might be Jason’s soulmate.

Edited by JenE4
  • Love 2

I’m fascinated by the notion that it’s NOT weird for a 30-something year old man to buy entire outfits for the 30-something year old brothers of his friend when they come to visit. We come from very different worlds. ? They don’t have to explain anything but it’s odd they are treated like children. No one treats them like equals. I really want to know though, did I mishear or did Sandoval say he got them underwear even? No, they’re not main cast but they kind of keep trying to “make them happen” - enough that some are wondering about a potential spinoff. 

If anyone knows, how likely would it be that all three making up triplets would be on the spectrum or otherwise delayed? 

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, JenE4 said:

As I said during the first guys’ mediation session, this reiki “therapist” seems to be crossing all kinds of boundaries, but that long, tight hug and calling Jason “honey” while doing so is crossing the line even further. That being said, Jax has probably never had any girlfriend call him Jason, so if this is the first woman in his entire life that he can be his real self with, if they are as interested in each other as it comes across, this might be Jason’s soulmate.

The concept behind reiki is that the "therapist" channels energy through touch. I've met a few reiki "masters" and they are the most offensively touchy-feely people on the planet (think RHOBH's Eden Sassoon and her interminable hugs). I'm sure it works for some but I find the whole thing to be entirely bogus. The last person I want hugging me is a stranger who charges $200/hr. 

Edited by rho
  • Love 9

I'm assuming there may have been some editing done in the convo between Billie and Stassi. Billie used the term ignorant, not racist though in her TH, Stassi said that Ariana also called her prejudice and racist.  The two aren't mutually exclusive so if Ariana thinks that Stassi is racist based purely on the notion that Stassi is tone deaf to racial issues, then I don't agree with that. But I also don't agree with Stassi chalking up her ignorance to this notion that she has a lot to learn. You can have a lot to learn about social issues without ever coming across as ignorant about matters. Stassi likes to play up her banter because she thinks people get a kick out of it until she's realized too late that she's gone too far. She boxed black people into a category of people who basically complain compared to other groups (ignoring the fact that both Hispanic and Native American communities do in fact protest and try to fight against the inequalities against their communities), or inferring victim shaming of women who come forward with their sexual assault or rape experiences, or think it's ever okay to make a Hitler joke in any fashion. It's actually very easy to see why Stassi may come across as ignorant because the sheer amount of stupid things she's said in the past several months has been pretty mind boggling. I think a big part of it is that Stassi being non-PC has  become her schtick. She says things that are off the cuff and people often think it's funny...until it's not. She provides opinions when it's clear that she's speaking on issues that she lacks appropriate context to and because she likes to be so non-PC about everything, the delivery is x10 worse because it not only sounds ignorant, but it comes across as confidently ignorant. 

Of course Jax would try to minimize how irresponsible he is. The reason for the party that you're working in no way is any excuse for why you should be showing up late to something that you committed to do at a certain time. I don't know much about reiki therapy but with anything that focuses on spiritual stimulation, I find it extremely odd the way the reiki master communicates, particularly with all of the f bombs. It's really easy to trash Jax because he's a genuine dumbass but he's one of those people who can demonstrate self-awareness but yet never takes the next step in taking real accountability for his actions and he constantly ends up being the work in progress that has potential but never gets there. At some point, potential means nothing if you've done nothing to attain even a fraction of it. 

Kevin Lee is an asshole. Bad enough to say that to anyone period, but to say it to her when she's just trying to work and pass around drinks, is just horrible. And telling her she was out of control? Why should anyone think it's their business to comment on someone else's body? If you don't like it, be glad it ain't your body.  And how did we go how many seasons of this show and never knew about Katie's accident until now? 

I can't explain why but I was highly entertained watching James running through the streets with his backpack on to get to his next gig, lol. 

I really like Schwartz's brothers. There's something very sweet and polite about them...I melted a little when one of the triplets politely asked if they're allowed to request songs, lol. And they seemed so genuinely appreciative of everything that Schwartz and his friends did for them. 

Edited by RHJunkie
  • Love 15

I’m fascinated by the notion that it’s NOT weird for a 30-something year old man to buy entire outfits for the 30-something year old brothers of his friend when they come to visit.

I guess my feeling is if Katie was revealed to have triplet sisters who were frumpy and uncool and presumably had very little money and they were coming out for their first ever visit to LA to hang out with this crew and go to an LVP party, I would not be surprised if Stassi (if she was as nice a person as Sandoval), someone who likes clothes and fashion, volunteered to pick out outfits for them so they would feel less out of place and intimidated.

I also assume the clothes were free in exchange for the camera time.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Apricotte said:

Thank you for reminding me about Touch in Public!

That song was catchy as heck!   I've had about my quota of the Triplets but i like Sandoval with them.   Heck I like Sandoval with everybody. He's a gem.

With both the Lisa/Katie convo and even the freaking reiki scene with JASON  I was touched.  

So I guess next week we veer closer to the Stassi/Bemused Bemanbunned One's drama.

James running the streets with his backpack was cute. Damn it James there's something I like about you.

Pandora legit scares me.   She's all the most forbidding qualities of Lisa and Ken rolled together.

p.s. Eff you Kevin Lee

• Love 11

Katie said on WWHL that she and some friends were playing Monopoly (I think?) and drinking wine on a rooftop and she fell through a skylight that she leaned against. Her mouth was wired shut (sorry, can't remember if that was on VPR or not) and her face cut up, not sure about the extent of other injuries but she said she has traumatic amnesia about much of the event. Pretty horrifying stuff. 

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Rebecca said:

I’m fascinated by the notion that it’s NOT weird for a 30-something year old man to buy entire outfits for the 30-something year old brothers of his friend when they come to visit. We come from very different worlds.

You're not the only one.

6 hours ago, rho said:

The concept behind reiki is that the "therapist" channels energy through touch. I've met a few reiki "masters" and they are the most offensively touchy-feely people on the planet (think RHOBH's Eden Sassoon and her interminable hugs). I'm sure it works for some but I find the whole thing to be entirely bogus. The last person I want hugging me is a stranger who charges $200/hr. 

You might as well get a hooker for that much money.

• Love 3

Oh shut up Arianna. You are the last person I need to hear smugging about privlage. That girl thinks she should get a freaking gold medal for every little thing she does! And she’s best friends with Scheena “I’m the furthest thing from a feminist” Marie. I seriously doubt that Scheena and Lala have never said any ignorant or stupid things. She only cares because it’s Stasi. Her moral relativism drives me up the wall. And her pouting at having to work with someone she doesn’t like was ridiculous. Suck it up, Buttercup. It’s called having a job.

Brittney actually showed some self awareness and solid coping skills when she told Jax that yes, Kristen may have had her own reasons to bring out her family, but shit like that only works if you play into the drama. Way to go Brittnay. 

• Love 16
19 hours ago, SarahPrtr said:

Yes, Kevin Lee, stfu and fo.  You're telling her as a friend???  You're not her friend, you're nothing to her!

If Kevin Lee was such a "friend", he would not have been shocked by her size. It's been years since Katie was "skinny". I think she's been at a consistent size for awhile now. Actually, she looks more toned than she has in previous seasons. He was talking out of his ass. 

• Love 9
7 hours ago, nenya said:

I missed where Jax did the impression of Brittany? Where in the episode was that?

They were all hanging out at See You Next Tuesday. It's probably in the final 10-15 minutes of the episode. In a TH, Jax complains about Kristen trying to convince Brittany that Jax is a terrible person, and B should break up with him. Jax does an impression of how B would respond to someone maligning him.  "He's mah boyfriend..."

• Love 3

I don't like the name Jason.  I've never known and liked anyone named Jason.  The only Jason I do like is Cam's Jason on Southern Charm.  He's a doll.  But Jasons like Jax, mm mm, no.

Edited by RedDelicious
I ain't doin it.
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, bref said:

Katie said on WWHL that she and some friends were playing Monopoly (I think?) and drinking wine on a rooftop and she fell through a skylight that she leaned against. Her mouth was wired shut (sorry, can't remember if that was on VPR or not) and her face cut up, not sure about the extent of other injuries but she said she has traumatic amnesia about much of the event. Pretty horrifying stuff. 

She told the story in a podcast. They were hanging out at her friends apartment on a Sunday in Koreatown, playing monopoly, etc.

Someone suggested they go up on the roof to take pictures. Her friend laid down on the skylight and she was straddling him trying to get close up shots. It broke and they both fell through. It was over a staircase and they landed between the 4th and 5th floors (6 story building). 

• Love 4

I really liked how the addressed Katie's backstory. 

The women on this show sometimes go back and forth with their weight.  I by no means think any of them are "big".  I think they have nice and shapely bodies and when they are not super skinny I think it's just because of all the heavy drinking they do.  Some girls can get away with it and some can't!!

Tom is super sweet about his brothers. 

I think for Stassi she has a sense of humor that crosses some social boundaries.  She is used to being funny and her friends laughing, she is not used to being called out.  If she was hurt I wish she could reflect on that and look outside herself and wonder why she was in that predicament.  If she wants to continue having that sense of humor, maybe just keep it to a close group of friends and not talk about it on social media or a podcast. 

• Love 6

I think Stassi, in her heart, is not a bigot and not a racist.  And maybe she thinks she's being NO BS and  edgy when she says that stuff, but she's coming across as self absorbed and insensitive and flippant. If she had devoted a ton of her personal time to these causes, and had lots of experience and then formed an opinion about it, I'd at least consider what she had to say with some seriousness.  But since she's flip, making offhanded comments about things she really doesn't know anything about, she's not really in a position to get all harumphy expecting people to treat her with seriousness and dignity, when she's got none to give others.  

Lisa's sweet pep talk for Katie was the highlight of the episode.

Edited by Jel
  • Love 6

There isn’t much authenticity in LVP, but, her affection towards Katie is the real deal. She got teary eyed when Katie relayed the story of what Kevin said to her. LVP’s daughter Pandora has a similar body type/ size as Katie, so it probably struck a nerve for Lisa. I think they both look good, except for the occasional outfit failure by Katie. It’s better to dress in style and size appropriate clothes than trying to wear something that Lala or Adriana might wear. Same goes for Brittany. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Jel said:

I think Stassi, in her heart, is not a bigot and not a racist.  And maybe she thinks she's being NO BS and  edgy when she says that stuff, but she's coming across as self absorbed and insensitive and flippant. If she had devoted a ton of her personal time to these causes, and had lots of experience and then formed an opinion about it, I'd at least consider what she had to say with some seriousness.  But since she's flip, making offhanded comments about things she really doesn't know anything about, she's not really in a position to get all harumphy expecting people to treat her with seriousness and dignity, when she's got none to give others.  

Exaclty!

Stassi is her own worst enemy with a severe case of foot in mouth disease. I don't listen to her podcast but from what I hear it's vapid and lewd, which can be very entertaining, but I certainly wouldn't tune in to get the scoop on politics and social issues.

She has no business commenting on any portrayal of social issues and ethnicity in the media. And she knows that. Bringing up #OscarSoWhite was purely a PR tactic to either for shock value or an attempt to appeal to a broader audience.

Ariana sucks and she should check her privilege before insinuating that Stassi is racist. But I'm also not interested in watching Stassi cry over it. I'd be far more forgiving if she simply said she made a mistake, she has nothing to add to the discourse and go back to discussing pantylines or whatever.

She's like Brandi Glanville Lite. Not every podcast needs to be groundbreaking.

• Love 7