Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E09: Call Me Jason

• Start Topic

Stassi helps organize a party to honor Lisa Vanderpump's new role at Beverly Hills Lifestyle magazine; Schwartz's triplet brothers come for a visit and a Tom Sandoval makeover; Katie becomes the victim of body-shaming comments.

• Love 1

“If you wanna bring your DJ gear, your wiki-wiki, your boyfriend...”

Slick and shady, Stass.

I do question the wisdom of LVP for putting Stassi and James in charge of... anything that her reputation hangs on.

ETA: Grumpy Cat Ariana’s attitude was just stank. Things fall apart? You suck it up and deal. Even if it sucks. Stassi shouldn’t have left Jax in charge of something so important, but at the same time: JAX was the flake. You’re so worried? Being a backup of anything you think you’ll need. I’ve had to make do so many times that I have very little sympathy for Ariana and her janky disrespect. Even if it is directed at Stassi. I guess there’s a new coven in town.

Edited by ivygirl
  • Love 20
4 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Fuck you, Kevin Lee; you fucking asshole.

I wouldn't say that to her even though I can't stand her guts! She's been better of late since getting married, but it's still hard to forget her rotten attitude and manipulative behavior! ;-)

• Love 7

Kristen playing the victim as usual! When called on her BS, she has to feel so sorry for herself! Stassi isn't much better; always so insecure, but usually working people over with her rotten persona! ;-)

• Love 3
1 minute ago, ivygirl said:

Aww, poor Jax Jason. I think this is his biggest acting role yet. And it’s a shame that the Reiki person is falling for it.

Oh yeah, he is trying to impress her. Doesn't matter if he gets into her pants or not, he will try to charm her non the less.

• Love 7
Just now, eggsnbacon said:

Oh yeah, he is trying to impress her. Doesn't matter if he gets into her pants or not, he will try to charm her non the less.

Right. Even if it is just to say “See? SHE recognizes my pain and doesn’t blame me!”

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

I would love to see Jax shed his mask and reclaim his true self, to go through therapy seriously, without seeing the therapist as a sex object - but if he has narcissistic personality disorder, it ain’t happening.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Who wants to bet that “Jason” will try to screw the therapist?

I get the feeling he won't have to try that hard.  Or maybe she's just a really good salesperson.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, eggsnbacon said:

Those boyish charms have been flushed down the drain! He's an irresponsible a-hole, who's too old to be running behind late by an hour! I'm surprised Lisa didn't just fire his arse! ;-)

• Love 7

I dislike every single cast member pretty much. 

But Kevin Lees comment to Katie was rude as hell. I can’t stand any person talking to someone about their weight ever. It’s why I try to never make comments on people’s weight. It really is a pet peeve of mine.

• Love 16

If Stassi’s insecure, I’m Amber Valletta’s brother. Her ‘Wah, Ariana is so mean to me that my only respite is fake party-planner storylines!’ bullshit is such...bullshit...that I can’t believe she even tried it. Girl! You used to be GOOD at manipulating! Even your fake-cry has lost its spark! 

You’re an asshole, a bigot, and a mean girl, Stass. Just lean into it. 

• Love 15
27 minutes ago, Steph J said:

I get the feeling he won't have to try that hard.  Or maybe she's just a really good salesperson.

What is up with all the hugs?  She's an odd 'therapist'.  I'm starting to think he gets the happy ending. ......

Edited by ihartcoffee
Typo
  • Love 9

Ariana was right about what Stassi said. How convenient that Stassi doesn’t have to take responsibility for the stupid shit she says. Even if she’s not racist, what she said was harmful. If that’s how she wants to run her podcast, fine, but people are going to hear it and have opinions. She can’t have it both ways. 

• Love 20
Just now, MinorL said:

Ariana was right about what Stassi said. How convenient that Stassi doesn’t have to take responsibility for the stupid shit she says. Even if she’s not racist, what she said was harmful. If that’s how she wants to run her podcast, fine, but people are going to hear it and have opinions. She can’t have it both ways. 

Oh didn't you know? Of course she feels entitled in all respects and we're just here to accommodate her! ;-)

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Pachengala said:

If Stassi’s insecure, I’m Amber Valletta’s brother. Her ‘Wah, Ariana is so mean to me that my only respite is fake party-planner storylines!’ bullshit is such...bullshit...that I can’t believe she even tried it. Girl! You used to be GOOD at manipulating! Even your fake-cry has lost its spark! 

You’re an asshole, a bigot, and a mean girl, Stass. Just lean into it. 

The bold took me a second, but then I just laughed and laughed. Well played.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
15 minutes ago, ihartcoffee said:

What is up with ask the hugs?  She's an odd 'therapist'.  I'm starting to think he gets the happy ending. ......

They were very close to each other through the whole thing - not the kind of encouragement Jason needs, but works for Jax!

• Love 3

Jax/Jason showing up late for a work commitment and thinking "I apologize" will fix it.  Nice of his girlfriend to fill in for him.

Then "it's just a bunch of rich people getting free drinks" is an excuse??????!!! 

Edited by Thumper
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Fiero425 said:

Those boyish charms have been flushed down the drain! He's an irresponsible a-hole, who's too old to be running behind late by an hour! I'm surprised Lisa didn't just fire his arse! ;-)

Oh he is gross, but for every turd cake there is a ding dong to fall for it. 

• Love 2

Jax's Brittany impression sounded exactly like Dustin Hoffman's "Dorothy Michaels" character from "Tootsie." Loved it! I wanna hear more!

Edited by zenme
  • Love 3

Aww... Katie was cute.

"Would you like a vegetable crostini?"

"No, thank you. Not tonight."

"Not tonight? Not at all? Not ever?"

Do we think Mark Kurian asked what color Giggy was wearing so that he could coordinate his bowtie?

Has anyone told Kevin Lee that his cosmetic surgery looks awful?

• Love 11
6 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Aww... Katie was cute.

"Would you like a vegetable crostini?"

"No, thank you. Not tonight."

"Not tonight? Not at all? Not ever?"

This made me think that Katie can be charming. I've noticed it really briefly a couple of times like this in the past, but I usually think she's the worst so who cares. She has been likeable this season though. I liked how Schwartz called her Chamomile Tea Katie, but I agree with other posters that's she's likely cool now because she's Marijuana Katie.

• Love 16

Boo freakin' hoo, Stassi.  Wah-wah your guts out, hun.  All the fucking crying in the world ain't gonna hide that you're an idiot.  Is she racist?  Idk, maybe.  But that's not what Ari accused her of.  She implied (well, pretty much said) that she can't be trusted.  And Ari is right.  And Stass proved her right.  She could easily have said something stupid & thoughtless & offensive to Billie on her podcast . . . because Stassi is not only an ignorant moron, she seems to be proud of it.  Ugh, she can be so awful. 

I haven't been a fan of Katie for a long time, but I gotta give her credit.  She seemed way calm & cool with the hillbilly triplets.  More than I'd be.  Man, every time I look at Schwartz, he always looks like he smells like absolute shit -- cuz he looks to me like he NEVER bathes.  But those brothers?  Whew, that apartment must stink so bad.  Ew!  They do seem like sweet guys tho.

Jax shedding a tear at being called Jason?  LMAO!  Jax has been giving some nice chuckles this season.

Seriously, would anyone wanna be dressed by someone with as shitty taste as Sandoval?  Anyone?  Blech.

Oh no, another magazine nobody has ever heard of?  Only on Bravo.

Where did Katie fall thru a skylight?  More on this, please.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, ivygirl said:

“If you wanna bring your DJ gear, your wiki-wiki, your boyfriend...”

Slick and shady, Stass.

I do question the wisdom of LVP for putting Stassi and James in charge of... anything that her reputation hangs on.

ETA: Grumpy Cat Ariana’s attitude was just stank. Things fall apart? You suck it up and deal. Even if it sucks. Stassi shouldn’t have left Jax in charge of something so important, but at the same time: JAX was the flake. You’re so worried? Being a backup of anything you think you’ll need. I’ve had to make do so many times that I have very little sympathy for Ariana and her janky disrespect. Even if it is directed at Stassi. I guess there’s a new coven in town.

Too true!! It takes a real fucking asshole to make me side with Stassi and Ariana fits the bill. Her cool girl act sucks so hard. And she had a dozen pitchers and muddling tool so she really had nothing to complain about.

I loved getting so much LVP in one episode and I thought it was sweet of her kids to buckle down and get to work. It's about time Jax gets fired though. He's clearly unnecessary but being on the show is also unhealthy for him. He was spiraling hard in that TH.

• Love 11

Kevin Lee - you are disgusting. There is no reason to say that at all. And if you really cared "as a friend" you certainly don't confront the person at a party, say cruel things, and don't even include a compliment. What an ass. 

Lisa aww. She was wonderfully sweet to Katie. As was everyone.

Stassi, the last bit of charm you had is gone. The reason you don't hear those voices - it is because they aren't there! I mean, just look at your show! How much diversity is there? Different groups of Caucasian? A brief sprinkle of other ethnicities (and not as much in the main cast). Yes, there is sexual diversity, but not very much ethnic. How can an Asian person complain, when they aren't there at all. The voice has been stifled before it can even speak.

• Love 6

I could have sworn I watched last week's ep, but nothing anyone referenced looked familiar at all. I guess that flu I caught messed me up more than I thought. Billie the trans hostess can shut the fuck up and go back to the hostess booth now after confronting StASSi about her being a  racist transaphobe and then giving that passive aggressive "but I don't get in people's faces about that to people" line. What do you think you just did? To be honest, I really don't give a shit about what she may or may not have said during her lame podcast and I'm at the point where I roll my eyes whenever certain SJW buzzwords are uttered. HARD. OK, so what's the deal with the Shwartz triplets and why do these people want to give them new clothes every time we see them? Whoah, there was a grease fire at SUR?  How'd I miss that?

3 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Where did Katie fall thru a skylight?  More on this, please.

I'm having trouble recalling the story, but wasn't Katie trying to eavesdrop on someone when she fell thru a skylight?

• Love 8
17 minutes ago, Ubiquitous said:

I'm having trouble recalling the story, but wasn't Katie trying to eavesdrop on someone when she fell thru a skylight?

I think you’re thinking of a Scooby Doo episode.

Katie was on a rooftop with a friend taking pictures of the view. She leaned on the skylight thinking it would be more stable. It was not. She fell 25 feet/3 stories down.

• Love 19
7 hours ago, eggsnbacon said:

Today I had a man tell me I looked better "fat" after I lost about 25 pounds.  Said I no longer look good as a thin person. Screw any man/woman who thinks he can just say what they want to say about your body size. What makes them think they can invade that boundary? F Kevin Lee.

People think they are being kind and complimentary.  Kevin Lee thought he was doing Katie a solid. Shrugs shoulders....

Due to type 2 diabetes, I've lost almost 60 pounds in the last year.  Over and over people say, "You look so much better."

Which are back handed compliments.  I know they are trying to be supportive, but it makes me wonder what your opinion of me was when I was morbidly obese. Im still the same person inside, there's just less of me physically. 

I would love to be Katie fat.  Which she isn't.  But when you're standing next to the Ariana and Schaena's of the world....

• Love 10
6 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Has anyone told Kevin Lee that his cosmetic surgery looks awful?

RIGHT??  How does someone that has his looks think it's ok to talk about anyone else's looks?  I'm a big girl and I don't mean "katie" big - I mean I'm overweight.  Over the years I've lost and gained several pounds.  I KNOW and FEEL when I'm fat - I certainly don't need anyone making me feel worse about it.  

In her talking heads, Katie does look bigger thanks to the skinny strap dresses she wears, but I noticed when she was in her apt, on the couch, talking to the triplets and she had on a black tshirt and jeans - she doesn't look big at all.  Even still - FUCK you Kevin Lee and your coat tail riding ass!

And I guess I'm a softy (or a sucker) but I kinda fell for the "I'd like to get to know the Jason guy again".  Maybe Jax/Jason is getting wiser as he's getting older?  Ok I can see how that might be a stretch. lol

And the previews from next week just makes me want to hold Sandoval to my bosom and let him know there's so much more out there than Ariana's  bitchy attitude and her "i'm not having sex" ass!! (No pun intended!)

1 hour ago, dosodog said:

I would love to be Katie fat.  Which she isn't.

Oh and THIS!!  

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Duke2801 said:

Katie was on a rooftop with a friend taking pictures of the view. She leaned on the skylight thinking it would be more stable. It was not. She fell 25 feet/3 stories down.

I had no idea about this before watching WWHL.  Her audition video from the time right after the fall was so interesting - she looked SO different -  like any ordinary person you might see in your local Target store - full face, generic black glasses, unruly hair (no judgement - I look like this all the time) - she has embraced the Hollywood veneer: 

I've always been struck by the very specific "look" of many women in Hollywood/Beverly Hills.  Go to any cafe on Sunset and you'll see a "type" that's so unique - the skinny frames, the surgically enhanced features, and the hair extensions give them a very distinct look that I've not observed elsewhere.  I lived in South Beach for years - there are many beautiful women there, too - but they have a wide range of features and styles.

Yesterday afternoon, Bravo aired episodes from several years ago.  I've only been semi-watching for the past 2 seasons, but now I want to watch Season 1, to see how these people have evolved (or, more likely, devolved) since being on the show.  I'll be binge-watching it today as I sort thru my end-of year paperwork....

• Love 6

I'm not gonna lie, I found parts of this episode very touching. There were some "awwwws", some tearing up, big smiles on my face. I thought - what show am I watching???? 

First of all, Kevin Lee is a disgusting person. I've always thought he had awful taste and hated his whole "chi chi" persona, but for him to fat-shame Katie? While she's serving him?? Go fuck yourself. Katie is a curvier woman, like Brittany, but she's by no mean's fat. I mean, the way he was talking - "you've got to do something, this is out of control" - you'd think she was heading for My 600lb Life territory. Regardless, it's none of his fucking business. But I seriously LOVED the pep talk LVP gave her, about her scar and the confidence she's always had. I just hope LVP reamed Kevin a new one. 

I just have to say, I'm really digging Katie this season. I know some people think it's because of the show, but I'm not so sure. I don't know if you could fake it THAT much. And maybe watching herself back DID have an effect on her. I just see her making a real effort to let little shit go and enjoy life more. It's nice. 

I thought she was very welcoming and supportive with the triplets visit. That would drive me mad. And what's the deal with those guys? I think it's so sweet to see Schwartz interact with them; and Sandoval playing dressup? The cutest! But....not trying to be mean....are they mentally challenged in some way? Or just really sheltered? It's kind of weird that they all still live at home at 30 years of age. They just seem really immature. But no in a douchebag way or anything. Just....stunted. 

Onto the assholery of the night - 

Already covered Kevin Lee, but again -FUCK YOU, Kevin Lee! 

I thought Ariana was being a huge bitch in this episode. Look, Stassi is no angel. But I don't think she's racist or intolerant. I just think she's kind of clueless sometimes. And she's doing that whole thing with her podcast where she's like, "People are paying attention to me, I better stay something interesting and shocking!" But in reality, I think she's an equal opportunity bitch, so Ariana needs to calm the fuck down. They've all said some pretty ignorant shit from time to time, so for her to single Stassi out was just ridiculous. 

And I didn't like her snobbery over bartending Lisa's event. She just didn't want Stassi in charge of her. But ultimately it was Lisa's party and she should have been happy to help. She needs to give in and get laid. Her sour attitude is dragging shit down. 

Then there's Jax. I see that LateGate will plague ALL CA shows this year. Ironic since Dorit was in attendance. But he was doing the same damn thing! Claiming he was only 30 minutes late, when it was closer to an hour. But that wasn't even the worst part of it. It was his attitude - "Who cares? It's just serving drinks to rich people, not a charity for children". Okay, first of all - how many fucking children's charities DO you support, Jax? I'll be waiting for an answer. Second, who fucking cares??? It's your JOB. Be there and be there on time. Ass. 

I was glad Lisa sent him packing. 

(Also, I wouldn't be surprised if Jax started the fire at SUR. His "no" in regards to caring if it burned down was a little too quick.)

• Love 23
10 hours ago, ivygirl said:

Aww, poor Jax Jason. I think this is his biggest acting role yet. And it’s a shame that the Reiki person is falling for it.

It's creepy how manipulative Jax is. It's like watching a predator in the wild.

9 hours ago, Apricotte said:

Watching James run around the streets hustling for his DJ gigs is pretty endearing.

That was hilarious. "Big party at Sur!!!" as he's dodging people and hauling his table at the same time! 

• Love 9
58 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I'm not gonna lie, I found parts of this episode very touching. There were some "awwwws", some tearing up, big smiles on my face. I thought - what show am I watching???? 

First of all, Kevin Lee is a disgusting person. I've always thought he had awful taste and hated his whole "chi chi" persona, but for him to fat-shame Katie? While she's serving him?? Go fuck yourself. Katie is a curvier woman, like Brittany, but she's by no mean's fat. I mean, the way he was talking - "you've got to do something, this is out of control" - you'd think she was heading for My 600lb Life territory. Regardless, it's none of his fucking business. But I seriously LOVED the pep talk LVP gave her, about her scar and the confidence she's always had. I just hope LVP reamed Kevin a new one. 

I just have to say, I'm really digging Katie this season. I know some people think it's because of the show, but I'm not so sure. I don't know if you could fake it THAT much. And maybe watching herself back DID have an effect on her. I just see her making a real effort to let little shit go and enjoy life more. It's nice. 

I thought she was very welcoming and supportive with the triplets visit. That would drive me mad. And what's the deal with those guys? I think it's so sweet to see Schwartz interact with them; and Sandoval playing dressup? The cutest! But....not trying to be mean....are they mentally challenged in some way? Or just really sheltered? It's kind of weird that they all still live at home at 30 years of age. They just seem really immature. But no in a douchebag way or anything. Just....stunted. 

Onto the assholery of the night - 

Already covered Kevin Lee, but again -FUCK YOU, Kevin Lee! 

I thought Ariana was being a huge bitch in this episode. Look, Stassi is no angel. But I don't think she's racist or intolerant. I just think she's kind of clueless sometimes. And she's doing that whole thing with her podcast where she's like, "People are paying attention to me, I better stay something interesting and shocking!" But in reality, I think she's an equal opportunity bitch, so Ariana needs to calm the fuck down. They've all said some pretty ignorant shit from time to time, so for her to single Stassi out was just ridiculous. 

And I didn't like her snobbery over bartending Lisa's event. She just didn't want Stassi in charge of her. But ultimately it was Lisa's party and she should have been happy to help. She needs to give in and get laid. Her sour attitude is dragging shit down. 

Then there's Jax. I see that LateGate will plague ALL CA shows this year. Ironic since Dorit was in attendance. But he was doing the same damn thing! Claiming he was only 30 minutes late, when it was closer to an hour. But that wasn't even the worst part of it. It was his attitude - "Who cares? It's just serving drinks to rich people, not a charity for children". Okay, first of all - how many fucking children's charities DO you support, Jax? I'll be waiting for an answer. Second, who fucking cares??? It's your JOB. Be there and be there on time. Ass. 

I was glad Lisa sent him packing. 

(Also, I wouldn't be surprised if Jax started the fire at SUR. His "no" in regards to caring if it burned down was a little too quick.)

I thought I read they are on the autism spectrum, but idk if that was just a guess. I thought it was sweet that the crew were so nice to them, and it was sweet that the 1 triplet asked James if they could request songs. James told them only they could because they were VIP, which was really nice of him.

Lisa is uber fancy but I loved that she still told Max jump behind the bar since Jax was there. He nodded and there was no hesitation. She seems to spoil her kids but then still has shown them hard work counts. Plus how much does she do. I feel so lazy. She runs restaurants, edits for the mag has 2 reality shows, does tons of charity and own the vanderpump dogs place. I got tired just typing that.

I felt bad for katie, my husband said she isnt fat, what size do you think she is like a 12? I responded with probably a 6, he was shocked. I had to remind him the other girls are probably a 0 or 2, so of course she looks larger, but she is still a small woman.  

I thought this was a great show, it had some depth to it compared to the reg drunk fest. Poor Kristen this will prob be her last season, she is nothing but a side character.

• Love 23
4 minutes ago, janie2002 said:

I thought I read they are on the autism spectrum, but idk if that was just a guess. I thought it was sweet that the crew were so nice to them, and it was sweet that the 1 triplet asked James if they could request songs. James told them only they could because they were VIP, which was really nice of him.

I LOVED how James made them feel like the total stars of the night. So sweet. 

4 minutes ago, janie2002 said:

Lisa is uber fancy but I loved that she still told Max jump behind the bar since Jax was there. He nodded and there was no hesitation. She seems to spoil her kids but then still has shown them hard work counts.

I totally agree with this as well. Her family definitely puts in a lot of work with their businesses. Pandora was behind the bar at one point as well. 

6 minutes ago, janie2002 said:

I felt bad for katie, my husband said she isnt fat, what size do you think she is like a 12? I responded with probably a 6, he was shocked. I had to remind him the other girls are probably a 0 or 2, so of course she looks larger, but she is still a small woman.  

Twelve isn't even that big these days. I'm 5'4, 136 lbs. Totally normal weight and I'm in a 12. It all depends on your shape. But sizes have changed. Even girls I think that are really skinny are in 6s and 8s. 

• Love 10
17 minutes ago, janie2002 said:

The camera adds 10 lbs, too, so she probably isn't fat at all. Plus she's tall and big boned. I wouldn't doubt if she is a size 6. The other girls I'm sure are a size 0 or 2 except Brittney. 

• Love 2