Type keyword(s) to search

Avengers: Infinity War (2018)

DollEyes
  • Start Topic

9 minutes ago, Luckylyn said:

He speaks of the most horrible things in this calm reasonable tone and really believes that he is saving life in the universe by eliminating half the population.   He’s a villian who sees himself  as the savior.

Eh, he's a man that believes with absolute certainty that he alone knows what is best for everyone else, that's not that uncommon.  They took a lot of screen time to make his belief in that seem reasonable, but in the end he's still just wrong.  And evil.  

• Love 9
8 hours ago, Amethyst said:

I believe it was "Oh, God."  That was it.  Poor Cap looked like he was about to cry or scream.

Thank you. I couldn't tell if it was "Oh God" or "We lost" or something else entirely. Poor Cap. 

24 minutes ago, Luckylyn said:

I do think Peter Quill lacked some nuance.   He can be an immature douche at times but he’s also a good man underneath it all and the writing leaned too much towards the immature.   Tony was right and the focus should have been getting the guantlet off.

I agree with this. On the second viewing, his character did seem a little off. His moments with Gamora worked, but otherwise he seemed a little too immature and jerk-ish without showing enough of his more positive qualities too. I guess there's only so much time though. 

• Love 10

Yeah Quill was behaving more like he did at the beginning of Guardians 1 that he was at the end of Guardians 2. I do buy him losing it over Gamora though. Because we know that death of loved ones is going to set him off big time.

I'm willing to overlook Thor taking the chest shot with that axe. He's used to doing so with his hammer and it may have just been muscle memory. Horrible timing for muscle memory, but muscle memory.

• Love 15
1 minute ago, anna0852 said:

I'm willing to overlook Thor taking the chest shot with that axe. He's used to doing so with his hammer and it may have just been muscle memory. Horrible timing for muscle memory, but muscle memory.

I agree, head or heart, they both would have killed, but the heart shot gave Thanos enough time to close his fist, and change everything.

• Love 7

Thor: These are my friends, rabbit and tree. 

I am Groot, I am Steve Rogers. Lol And Thor taking Groot as an elective. 

As dark as the movie was I"m glad we had still had the Marvel humor. And it's needed because what are you fighting for then. I loved seeing all the interactions we got. My favorites were probably Dr. Strange/Tony and Thor/Rocket/Groot. And the Guardian's all admiring the pirate/angel Thor's muscles. 

I loved the fight scene with Nat, Okoye and Promixa Midnight. Also Okoye wondering why their strongest person, Wanda was left up in the tower. 

I think Thanos was one of their better villains, I do like the villains that think they are the heroes of their own story. He's evil but he think he's saving everyone. I was also surprised to find out that he actually cared about Gamora. I think her and Heimdall's are the deaths that will stick. Everyone else will probably come back with the time stone when they go back the point just before Thanos gets the mind stone. I'm not sure about the god of mischief, he has a chance of coming back.  

I think Strange did see this outcome and he had to give Thanos the time stone to make it happen. Tony needed to be alive in the one timeline they won. I think Tony along with Shuri and Banner will make something to wield the Infinity Stones to defeat Thanos. 

It is interesting and fitting I guess that the original Avengers, Tony, Steve, Thor, Nat and Bruce were left. 

• Love 4
13 hours ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

Yeah. when T'Challa and Okoye were walking out to meet the newcomers , he asks her about how W'kabi was faring in prison, so my impression was that the last of Kilmonger's sympathizers had yet to be dealt with.

Did he? I missed that line. To be honest I don't think T'Challa would keep his best friend in prison for two years. He showed sympathy to Erik after all. 

I think no matter how you look at it, Quill, Strange, Stark, and Rocket are the most arrogant members of the MCU.  I say this with Stark and Strange being in the top 5 of MCU onscreen characters. I can totally see how Quill can regress a bit with Stark and Strange. I also still found Quill to be acting in character. I guess that is an unpopular opinion though.

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, Enigma X said:

I think no matter how you look at it, Quill, Strange, Stark, and Rocket are the most arrogant members of the MCU.

Don't forget, that Drax too is exceedingly humble.

Also, I realized that the movie ended with Rocket in Wakanda, so I'm counting on a Rocket and Shuri scene in Avengers 4.

• Love 16
12 hours ago, catrice2 said:

Did not love how Gamora went out...or that once again a black character has to be the first to die! 

I believe she was the second to die, after Loki.

Edit:  Oh, wait, you meant Heimdall.  Yeah, I guess he was.  Though you can look at that as giving Idris Elba the merciful release from this franchise that he's long desired.

Edited by SeanC
  • Love 1

‘Avengers: Infinity War’s $630M Global Bow Sets All-Time Record

Disney/Marvel’s Avengers: Infinity War has pulled off a jaw-dropping feat, scoring the biggest global opening ever with an estimated $630M. That races it ahead of The Fate Of The Furious which previously held the record after gunning to $543M in its Easter launch last year. The superpowered bow for the Anthony Russo- and Joe Russo-directed battle to save the universe grossed a staggering $380M at the international box office with $250M domestically.

This 19th MCU entry blasted past what were already high expectations and has landed the teaming of Thor, Iron Man, Black Panther, the Guardians of the Galaxy and more as the No. 2 all-time overseas debut, behind The Fate Of The Furious ($444.2M). As we’ve noted throughout the weekend, this is a mighty accomplishment given the opening suite of markets on Infinity War did not include China or Russia.

The estimated $630M worldwide opening translates into a gross of $15.39B for all 19 MCU films to date. What’s more, Black Panther this weekend passed Star Wars: The Last Jedi to claim the No. 9 spot on the all-time global charts with an estimated cume of $1,333.1M.

Edited by Dee
  • Love 4

I know there’s no way most of these characters are dead-dead for realsies, but that still left me feeling pretty bummed.

Dammit, Marvel, I watch your movies to unwind and get away from how sad reality makes me!

The character interactions were pure gold. Watching the Guardians meet other Marvel characters was worth the price of admission.

But... hated Gamora getting killed off and Star-Lord being put in the role of “biggest screw-up”. They deserved better. She better not really be gone for good, and he better get to do something to make up for the screw-up! Otherwise I don't know how I'm going to watch GotG3.

At first I thought Gamora was going to fall into a portal or something, so "no body no death" would apply, but then nope, they showed the body.

I didn’t have high hopes for Thanos, he has always been just kinda there before this movie. This one really exceeded expectations when it comes to fleshing out his character a lot more.

Is it bad that I agree with Thanos that the world has finite resources and we’re all better off if we keep our population in check? Okay, I’m not with him on the “kill everybody!” part. I’m more on the “free birth control for everybody!” train. That’s what I would do if I had the infinity gauntlet. Make sure everybody has all the birth control they can possibly want. Hee!

• Love 7

My 12 y.o. daughter was an ugly crying mess at the end of the movie. Spidey clinging to Tony wrecked her. She was sitting next to my husband (we were a group of 8) and when I saw her when I got out of the bathroom, her face was splotchy red, the lips were grimaced and she was holding back sobs. I quickly took her to the car to recover. Poor thing. That'll be a story she'll tell forever, but she is pissed. Like, it's the worst movie ever, how could that happen. She's not going to see the next one until we see it and make sure it's ok. 

I would have shared my junior mints with her in the lobby.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Luckylyn said:

I do think Peter Quill lacked some nuance.   He can be an immature douche at times but he’s also a good man underneath it all and the writing leaned too much towards the immature.   Tony was right and the focus should have been getting the guantlet off.

I thought the scene on Knowhere gave Peter depth. When it came down to it, he was willing to do what Gamora asked.

• Love 14

I’m not sure I follow Thanos’s long-term plan though.  Earth would repopulate the lost 50% in relatively short order; it only took about 40 years to go from 3.5 to 7 billion.  I imagine other worlds would be no different?  Then what?  

Edited by jcin617
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, wingster55 said:

Did he? I missed that line. To be honest I don't think T'Challa would keep his best friend in prison for two years. He showed sympathy to Erik after all. 

If he is in prison, he's probably safer there. Okoye told him she'd kill him without hesitation if he didn't cease and desist with his part of the rebellion that instant. She probably holds more of a grudge than T'Challa does.

• Love 5
On 4/28/2018 at 12:41 AM, garnetarden said:

Maybe I’m a very callous person (or I just watch too many time travel / multiple reality things), but I came out of this movie going, “Wow, they really went there. But Dr. Strange saw the only outcome that worked and said they had moved into the end-game, so I’m pretty sure in a year most of this will be reversed.”

The person I saw it with, however, is inconsolable — Marvel has betrayed us, and hope is dead.

I'm right there with you.  I thought it was a great movie--a cinematic wonder given how great most of the special effects were and how they were able to write for all those characters and keep it flowing really well, the dialog, great teams established, etc.,  but they killed off everyone who either has a sequel in the works or has a good reason to have at least a small part in the upcoming movies.  As for Loki, I expected it and was prepared for it.  I expected to be inconsolable, even bringing tissues with me, but at most I got teary over Peter's panic at not wanting to go and Wanda having to take out Vision. I also gasped at the brutality of his second death.

On 4/28/2018 at 1:22 AM, thuganomics85 said:

Definitely a great movie to see with a crowd, because everyone's reactions (both positive and negative) made it even better.  (1.)  It's corny, but it truly was more then just a movie, but an experience, despite whatever flaws there might have been.

Found it interesting that Bruce was the one that seem to interact with the majority of the cast.  He didn't get time with the Guardians, but he started out with Thor, went into Tony/Strange's story, and then ended with Steve, Natasha, T'Challa, etc. in Wakanda. (2.) Curious to know what is going on with his current issues with Hulking out.

While Loki and Killmonger will still go down as the best villains, Thanos more then delivered.  Josh Brolin was excellent, and (3.) I really like that Thanos wasn't Mwaaah evil, but truly believed that he was balancing the universe with his horrible acts.  But I love that he had an almost bizarre respect for a lot of his opponents, like saying he liked Quill after he was willing to pull the trigger, or his "I hope they remember you" to Tony.  It never felt mocking or like he was taunting, but he really respected them as warriors, even though he knew he outmatched them in almost every way.

As for the deaths: right now, I think Loki, Heimdall, and maybe Vision are dead for good.  I'm 50/50 on Gamora.  I do think they could possibly do some kind of (4.)"She's actually trapped in the stone" thing, and if/when they break it, she'll come back. 

So, yeah, it overall worked for me.  Really curious to see how the next film will play out. (5.) I'm prepared for anything, but my biggest request is to see Tony and Steve reunited.  Even if it's only for one final battle.

*Bolding and numbering mine. I also took out a lot of content to make the post shorter.

1. I expected to cry a lot during this movie simply because of the experience of the last 10 years.  The movies have ranged from good to excellent (imo, even the "not great" ones were still pretty good), the casting has been outstanding without any missteps, imo, and not once did I feel like an actor was phoning it in because they were getting bored with it.  The dedication from everyone involved, cast, crew, producers, etc. has been amazing.  Our kids grew up with these characters, some of us grew old with them and they are so embedded in our pop culture that, for me, losing one them for good, when it finally happens, will feel almost like losing a beloved actor while they are still young.

2.  Imagine having Thanos beat you, then without warning being flung through space and landing in a stranger's house?  I can imagine he was a bit too freaked out to want to come out again.  Having said that, as amusing as it was and as much as I like Bruce, I missed Hulk.

3. I really liked that they gave Thanos some depth, too, even though his end game was evil and fucked up.

4.  I'm hearing the "trapped in the soul stone" theory a lot.

5.   I was really hoping that Tony was the one who got in touch with him and that we'd have at least seen a phone conversation to kick off any bridge mending that might (hopefully!) come about. 

15 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

I missed Agents of SHIELD last night thanks to napping. I don't think there was any crossover.

I didn't see the most recent one, but what I found interesting, and it was probably purely coincidental, was that many episodes ago, on AOS, they said the only way to save the world was to let Coulson die and in this movie, we have Dr. Strange telling Tony that this was the only way. 

5 hours ago, Luckylyn said:

My husband wanted to know why they didn't cut of his arm.

All in all, I enjoyed it a lot.  It was beautifully done, the way they teamed everyone up was great and the story was easy to follow.  I also appreciated the typical Marvel humor.  I just felt like the ending was a bit anti climactic because, like I said above, they took all the people that I was either expecting to die or will be coming back.  I am anticipating the next movie and how Captain Marvel will figure into it.  I expect to be a lot more emotional at Avengers 4 because I have a feeling that not only will the deaths be real, but they will be less.....peaceful?, that's not the right word, but I'm not sure what else so use....quiet, maybe?......and than them turning to ash ((with 4 exceptions) and the survivors will be truly mourning as opposed to just sitting in shock and disbelief.  Gamora was a shock, of course, but without Peter there to freak out, I didn't get emotional, I just wondered 1. Will she be back? and 2. Why would you do another GOTG without Gamora?

One thing is for sure--they have me anxious for the next one already.

Edited by Shannon L.
  • Love 7
55 minutes ago, Shannon L. said:

Heh, I thought the same thing.  Or, why didn't they try to kill him?  I liked Peter Q's "this was MY plan" before of course it all went to hell (aw, Quill...)  I didn't mind Quill being the one to disrupt the plan, or Thor not going for the head, too much; I think both actions are in character; I enjoy both characters and they're flawed.

Though I was shocked at Gamora's death (i kept expecting Nebula to show up), none of the deaths or dustings upset me, since most will be back.  I've always enjoyed Tom Hiddleston's Loki but he won't work IMO as totally redeemed so I'm OK with his time as being ended for good.

I was also in an active theater which worked on some levels (applauding when Steve/Nat/Sam showed up and when Thor showed up at the end) and others not so much (laughing at the funny parts which drowned out some of the following dialogue). 

I was happy that all of the pairings worked - Tony & Strange (Strange's "douchebag" comment got a big laugh) with Peter then added.  All of the Guardians stuff was great and I was moved with Gamora pleading with Peter to shoot her and then when he did, except it was bubbles.  Chris Pratt is fun and has good comic timing - deepening his voice to mimic Thor and then denying it was all good - but he's not the best at the dramatics but he did sell Peter's indecision and agony.   If you think about it, if he had maybe shot sooner (I know, Reality stone, but the pleas went on for a bit when it only would have worked as a surprise), just as if Wanda had tried to destroy Vision and his stone sooner, then maybe Thanos's plan wouldn't have worked.

I've never really cared about Vision, Wanda or Vision/Wanda together but I appreciated Wanda a bit more in this movie.   Loved Nat's "she's not alone" and showing up with Okoye to fight.   Interesting that the "magical" abilities of Strange and Wanda seemed most effective at holding off Thanos; the brute force that came closest was Thor and he needed Stormbreaker.  Which reminds me, why didn't Strange send Thanos off to another dimension or planet like Wong did with that creature?  At least temporarily, to give them some time.

I have seen the Dr. Strange movie which was OK; I liked Strange better here and not just because it meant we got good "wizard" quips from Tony.  I absolutely believe that Strange gave up his stone as part of the one way to defeat Thanos.

The Thor/Rocket/Groot team up was fantastic.   Thor talking about those he's lost and Rocket trying to shore him up was all good.  When Thor talked about fighting Thanos and Rocket says "he did beat you" and Thor says "he hasn't beaten me twice" and gives that little sad smile, I was saddened a little by that.  Thor has grown.

Though he got the best entrance, not nearly enough Steve.  I was so hoping for the Steve/Tony reunion and guess we will have to wait until part 2.  I "awwed" at Steve saying that Earth's best defender was not there since I assume he meant Tony.     I was also very disappointed in the very small amount we got of Wakanda, T'Challa, Okoye and Shuri.  Shuri got one of the best lines when asking Bruce why they didn't hook the stone into Vision a certain way and Bruce says "we didn't think of it" ha.   I hope Shuri and Tony meet in part 2 and Rocket has to be there as well.

Which reminds me, I liked the brief Rocket/Bucky team up with  Rocky asking how much for Bucky's gun "it's not for sale" and Rocket muttering to himself that he would get Bucky's arm,  Hee!

Which also reminds me, Rocket watching Groot dust away and Steve seeing Bucky dust away were the most touching for me; Rhodey calling for and not finding Sam was too.  I liked those small bits. 

I'm not quite as on board with Thanos being a complex villain.  It's difficult for me to feel anything with so much CGI, though actually I felt/feel a lot for Groot and Rocket so maybe it's the bad guy rationalizing that I don't feel so much for.   Yes, he has his reasons, resources, blah blah but when he's asked what he'll do if he succeeds, he says something about sitting back and relaxing (paraphrasing) and that everyone left will thank him (paraphrasing).  It was just my ah ha moment that yup, he wants to be thanked/worshipped/in charge.  He just uses more words to explain how to get to that point.  I do think he honestly believes there are too many beings in the universe; however, the less of them there are, the less chance that he won't be feared/thanked/worshipped/insert megalomania here.

I like my bad guys charismatic (Loki; Killmonger; Erik also has depth because he has legitimate gripes) or entertaining while being seriously threatening (Ego).  Thanos is the most formidable since he's defeated everyone so far. 

4 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

It is interesting and fitting I guess that the original Avengers, Tony, Steve, Thor, Nat and Bruce were left.

I noticed this as well.  I'm afraid we're going to permanently lose some of them when Part 2 gets here with all of the dustings coming back.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

And Clint!  Wasn't in the movie but I expect him to be important in 4 (I bet his whole family got dusted) so I think he counts.  That's what I noticed right away.  We have our Original Avengers and other key characters still around to aide them.  Rhodey, Rocket, Shuri (I think we'd have seen it if she got dusted), Okoye, M-Baku, and Nebula will all be important or contribute in some way but the focus will be on the Original 6.  This is likely the last movie we'll get with them and they deserve to be at the heart of it.  Twice in this movie we had characters (Steve then Vision) make reference to not trading lives for others.  I think this is foreshadowing the end for some or all of the O6 in the next one.  We'll see some lives being traded, with the understanding that it's worth it since it will help right the wrong and defeat Thanos. 

I've now seen this three times and two things have resonated the most.  The first is Gamora's death.  That scene was, for me, the most horrifying thing that Thanos did on a small scale.  Like Quill said, he didn't have to do it.  In fact, I wonder if he'd still have gotten the stone if he'd thrown himself over that ridge rather than her.  He claims to love Gamora but he still approached, grabbed, and threw her to her death.  She fought him the whole way, she didn't want to die, there was no way he could pretend that she went along with it, and he still did it.  He felt pain after but I think Gamora's right.  He doesn't, and never did, love her.  I think he liked her spirit and strength, and saw her as his heir, but he would have given up his quest for the stone (or sacrificed himself) if he truly loved her. 

The second was the dusting.  On a large scale, this was devastating in every sense of the word and, for all that Thanos claims that random genocide is merciful, he's 100% full of shit.  First, genocide isn't merciful, and only an evil tyrant would ever think so.  Second, it's clear that he allowed some of the characters to live (Stark for sure, and I'm inclined to think that Steve, Thor, and Nebula were specifically spared as well) so it stands to reason that others were specifically chosen to die (everyone else on Titan, and Wanda because she can destroy the stones).  So, no, if he's truly concerned about every planet and civilization going to crap, he could find another way instead of killing half of them.  What if one of those killed would come up with the solution that actually does solve this problem?  Back to the dusting, what made it truly horrible wasn't just that all these people ceased to exist but that they knew what was happening.  If they'd simply disappeared, we could tell ourselves that at least they didn't suffer and look forward to their return.  But we saw them react.  Peter had the longest reaction, and the scared kid completely gutted us all, but Bucky, Quill, Drax, Mantis, Sam, T'Challa, Maria, Nick, Wanda, Groot, the soldiers, and the civilians all dusted and knew it was happening.  Most of them didn't know the details, like who caused it, what it means, or that it will/should be set right in the next movie, but they knew they were dying and all ranged from confusion to terror.  Those who survived saw their loved ones, neighbors, and others around them turn to dust and couldn't help.  That's absolutely horrifying and if Thanos still expects the universe to be grateful then he's fully insane. 

Strange was the holdout but I agree that it's because he knows it's the only way to ultimately win, and probably even saw himself coming back, so he kept his emotions in check.

Fantastic movie and they exceeded expectations again.

• Love 14
3 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

If they'd simply disappeared, we could tell ourselves that at least they didn't suffer and look forward to their return.  But we saw them react.  Peter had the longest reaction, and the scared kid completely gutted us all, but Bucky, Quill, Drax, Mantis, Sam, T'Challa, Maria, Nick, Wanda, Groot, the soldiers, and the civilians all dusted and knew it was happening.  Most of them didn't know the details, like who caused it, what it means, or that it will/should be set right in the next movie, but they knew they were dying and all ranged from confusion to terror.  Those who survived saw their loved ones, neighbors, and others around them turn to dust and couldn't help.  That's absolutely horrifying and if Thanos still expects the universe to be grateful then he's fully insane. 

For me, this is why, even though I know a lot of the dustings will be reversed, it still resonated and shocked me. The deaths still had "value" and stakes as it were, even if they're reversed, because that was painful to watch. That was a gut punch, seeing the pain not just on the those getting dusted, but those that had to watch. There was still a price paid even if we know the next movie will (most likely) change a lot of that. The reversal won't erase that horror and feeling of loss. 

• Love 20
4 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

Strange was the holdout but I agree that it's because he knows it's the only way to ultimately win, and probably even saw himself coming back, so he kept his emotions in check.

And Nick Fury! "Motherfu----"

3 times???  I am jealous.  I want to see it again but probably not until next weekend.  I know I missed stuff.

5 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

He doesn't, and never did, love her.  I think he liked her spirit and strength, and saw her as his heir, but he would have given up his quest for the stone (or sacrificed himself) if he truly loved her. 

Exactly.   He thinks she should be grateful to him for wiping out her world and family.   I do think he was a little touched when he saw she was legitimately upset when she thought had killed him.  Still, he obviously believes it it is right to take her life if needs to.

I can understand that Gamora thought he didn't love anything and thus wouldn't get the Soul stone but I was holding my breath the whole time as soon as Red Skull said a sacrifice would have to be made.  Run, Gamora, run!!  I really thought Thanos would be stopped from killing her, by outside forces, not by himself. 

• Love 3
40 minutes ago, raven said:

Which reminds me, why didn't Strange send Thanos off to another dimension or planet like Wong did with that creature?  At least temporarily, to give them some time.

Thanos had the Space Stone. It was the second one he got all together and the first one he got in the movie. It wouldn't matter where they tried to send him. He could use that to come back immediately. It's how he was able to skip across the universe so quickly and easily.

So many thoughts... look, I got an hour long massage and a half hour sauna before I went to the movie. It helped me keep my chill throughout. Also, the ashings at the end didn't bother me too much because I knew those were going to be reversed. Although, yeah, Bucky's "Steve?" as he disintegrated in from of Steve... come on!! They just got back together! They've only had time for one hug!! (At least they got to hug.)

I found myself weirdly invested in Vision/Wanda and that surprised the hell out of me.

There was a lot of good stuff in this. I really enjoyed it. But, at the same time, it's not finished and it's obvious that it's not finished. It is very much a two-parter. It kind of felt like the first time I saw Empire Strikes Back. There are things left to do. There are battles yet to be fought. There are questions that need answering. But at least I won't have to wait as long for those as I did between Empire and Return of the Jedi. Just saying...

I sat up in my seat and said 'Holy Shit!!' really loud at the end credits.

Also, Strange knew exactly what he was doing.

Thor, Strange and the Guardians really got a lot of good spotlight in this one. I think it makes sense given Gamora's history with Thanos and how the Guardians are the ones who actually know more about who they're dealing with. Then Thor's cosmic origins and Strange's mystic ones. Thor, of all the Avengers, knew more about what the Infinity Stones were about. And Strange as a protector of one and his aptitude for using it. Also, I have to give Strange credit for being an out-of-the-box thinker... the minute he said 'Now we're in the end game' I knew he gave the stone up for a reason.

There were a lot of little things I liked, too. Like I said, I really enjoyed it. Now bring on Carol. (Also, with Guardians 2 showing Adam Warlock's incubation whatever in the post-credits I do wonder how he'll fit into it as well.)

• Love 9

I am still processing.  While I was prepared for deaths, I wasn't prepared for them to lose outright.  I'm torn on the deaths.  Obviously they are going to somehow turn back time on the dusting deaths, but for this movie to have any future weight some of the deaths have to be permanent.  If it is the characters who die before Thanos snaps his fingers (most or all the Asgardians, the Xandarians, Heimdall, Loki, Gamora, and Vision) then that is two civilizations that basically died off screen. (ETA: Also everyone in Knowhere.  Three civilizations).  If Gamora or Vision comes back, will it feel like cheating?  I think it might.

Yes, this is presumably the 'winning' arc that Doctor Strange saw as an option, if everything goes right.  The gauntlet appeared to break in the act of killing half the universe - it was at least damaged.  Maybe there was no way to prevent Thanos from triumphing and holding his victory until the Gauntlet was in some way exhausted.

All the children in my theater were freaked out, and one was openly sobbing.

I watch the Marvel TV series, and I'm curious to know how they keep going if they are supposed to maintain overarching continuity with the movie universe.

1 hour ago, Shannon L. said:

Me too.  For the solid two minutes they were struggling with the gauntlet that's all the voice in my head was saying - "Cut his arm off.  Cut his arm off."

I was hoping for an Okoye/Black Widow team up after Black Panther, and I hope we see more of it next year.  Because it'll be a YEAR. *sigh*

Edited by MisterGlass
Addition
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, raven said:

And Nick Fury! "Motherfu----"

I would argue that Nick was scared as well.  He was horrified when Maria dusted, and frantically ran to get the...whatever that communication device was to contact Carol.  When he realized he was dusting too, I think anger took over and we got our "Motherfu---".  But he was scared before that.

I only expected to see it twice this weekend, the Thursday show and then find another when I was available, but I loved it so much I found an available Friday show while the credits were rolling.  Then I did the same on Friday for Saturday's show.  I'm seeing it again on Wednesday with some friends and at some point next weekend with another friend, who hates Stark and Vision and who I expect to be both happy (when Stark gets stabbed and Vision killed twice) and pissed (she doesn't do well with Empire type endings and my pointing out that this is part one of a two part story and will actually reach it's conclusion, including returns, next year won't appease her).  I'll probably see it at least one more time after that just for fun.  Plus, the multiple viewings let me catch things I missed, like Strange pulling the Time Stone from one of the background stars.  And I caught the Arrested Development shout out on my third viewing so it's totally worth it.

• Love 3

I missed Agents of SHIELD last night thanks to napping. I don't think there was any crossover. I can imagine the team having a great day, only for most of them to poof out. Everybody but Coulson, who just yells "COME ON!!!!!" Kinda want him to live. And now I want Loki to live, so he can admit to Phil that killing him was a dick move. "Eh, I got better." "You go to Tahiti? I hear it's a magical place." "Fuck you, Loki."

There was no crossover or mention on Agents of SHIELD but I'm thinking the mention and aftermath of the dusting/rapture/whatever-you-want-to-call-it will be dealt with in the final eps of the season. As for the actual movie itself I enjoyed it alot.  A few things stood out for me:

Loki's aka "Puny God" mention of having a Hulk to take on Thanos was obviously a call out to the first Avengers movie.  Only for it to go badly for both of them.

Drax's mancrush on Thor and Peter Quill's obvious jealousy.

The Proxima Midnight vs Black Widow, Scarlet Witch and Okoye fight in Wakanda.

Okoye's comment about Scarlet Witch about why she was was in the tower after demonstration an awesome power.

Edited by AD35
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, scarynikki12 said:

He doesn't, and never did, love her.  I think he liked her spirit and strength, and saw her as his heir, but he would have given up his quest for the stone (or sacrificed himself) if he truly loved her. 

I have to disagree a little.  I think Thanos did love Gamora, but it was that twisted, destructive, obsessive love.  That scene when her people are getting slaughtered and Thanos gives her the double-bladed knife then turns her head away from the massacre in the background sold it for me somehow.  He loves her as something he made (Gamora, daughter of Thanos, most feared assassin in the galaxy), not for who she is (Gamora, the green girl, Guardian of the Galaxy).  She is something he possesses, which is why he was able to give her up for something greater.

They really did some interesting nuances with Thanos (Gotta give Brolin props for this).  He sees himself as the one with the willpower to do what needs done: Killing half the universe to save the other half (a faulty premise to begin with).  He knows he won't be seen as a hero, but doesn't care, and he genuinely admires the ones that stand against him, like Tony and Quill, but he's got a job to do.  And when he finally finished, he takes comfort in the fact that he can finally rest.  He's still horrible and wrong, but feel like I can understand him, especially for someone who's been sitting on the sidelines being menacing for most of the movies so far.

• Love 12

Second, it's clear that he allowed some of the characters to live (Stark for sure, and I'm inclined to think that Steve, Thor, and Nebula were specifically spared as well) so it stands to reason that others were specifically chosen to die (everyone else on Titan, and Wanda because she can destroy the stones). 

Is that clear?  There's no particular rhyme or reason to who lives or dies.

As far as the roster for the next film goes, I expect we'll see Scott and Hope join the remaining heroes, much the same as Clint.  Them not being in this one was presumably so that they could do the Wasp introduction story in their own movie.  That will also have the comics original Avengers all together for the first time, after a fashion (not Scott and Hope, but Ant-Man and the Wasp).

I'm not sure how much time there was for the success of Black Panther to meaningfully affect the production of Avengers 4, but I'd expect that if there was any such room, it'll mean giving Black Panther's supporting cast (all of whom survived, surprisingly) a decent presence.

Edited by SeanC
  • Love 3

Second, it's clear that he allowed some of the characters to live (Stark for sure, and I'm inclined to think that Steve, Thor, and Nebula were specifically spared as well)

After Nebula escaped and ended up attacking Thanos, she even tells him that he should have killed her when he had the chance, and he told her it would  have been "a waste of parts." If I get my wish, he's going to regret finding her beneath his notice. Bad enough he used her as bait to lure Gamora in, this is just another thing to add to her extensive list of reasons to kill him.

• Love 18

As a complete non-comic book fan (to the point I don't know the difference between Marvel and DC) I loved this movie. I've only seen a handful of Marvel movies and it was all for the eye candy (original Thor, Guardians, original Iron Man, Black Panther).

Having to figure out who was who based on context and recalling advertising was frustrating but I really appreciated that the franchise did not cater to people like me, and instead respected its fans enough to not bog down the movie with needless introductions.

I did not expect Thanos to succeed and the dustings really upset me (I'm very relieved after reading this thread).

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Thought: if one of the heroes gets the Gauntlet and hits reset, how many characters could be brought back that were dead before AIW?

My boyfriend and I are guessing it will be either Rogers (my guess) or Stark (his guess) to get the Gauntlet and reset the whole thing.  Going back to all of the heroes trying to lift Thor's hammer, personally I can see only Steve having the right will and heart to reset things properly.  Stark would use it as well but may add something something to his advantage. 

1 hour ago, Dandesun said:

I found myself weirdly invested in Vision/Wanda and that surprised the hell out of me.

Ditto. And I want something more for Natasha and Banner. 

I know these guys are tired of playing the characters for the last 18 years and probably want to move on. I say just do what they have been doing for Batman and Spiderman. Recast and make more stories.  As long as casting is tight and storyline is good, I think that's what people care about. 

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, greekmom said:

My boyfriend and I are guessing it will be either Rogers (my guess) or Stark (his guess) to get the Gauntlet and reset the whole thing.  Going back to all of the heroes trying to lift Thor's hammer, personally I can see only Steve having the right will and heart to reset things properly.  Stark would use it as well but may add something something to his advantage. 

Or perhaps both of them, together, somehow? That thing is huge after all, and it would bring a nice closure to their rift in Civil War, as well as resolve the call backs to "we'll lose together". 

• Love 6

So, I saw it. I'm still unsure how much I liked it. I thought it was good, perhaps bordering on great, but I'm not so sure it cracks my top five favourite MCU movies out there. That still lies with Winter Soldier, Civil War, Avengers, Black Panther, Thor: Ragnarok, and maybe the second Iron Man. 

I think that it was predictable for me how the film would end, though I guess I didn't see them killing off half of humanity, and thus half the heroes. But the emotional resonance there was mostly lost on me, besides some of the smaller moments, because it's all being undone in the second part of Infinity War. Now, the question for the second part coming up in the next year is who will survive out of that.  I have a feeling I'll enjoy Part II a whole lot more.

I guess it makes sense as to why certain sequels won't be coming out until after that. They very well can't do that until Infinity War II comes out.

I had some distractions when I watched the first Guardians in theater, and I haven't gone back to rewatch, and I haven't seen the second Guardians (nor Doctor Strange). Which is why I found myself disappointed at Peter Quill and a little at Strange. Now, for Strange, I can see that he probably did see the ideal outcome to win and that's why he sacrificed his stone so the path could be set. Quill, on the other hand? I guess I'm not a huge fan of characters being dumb, especially with Tony Stark yelling at you to not do the stupid thing. I get why Quill would act emotionally based off of Gamora's death, but he really could have held off until they got the gauntlet off. Go punch a wall, go punch a rock, don't punch Thanos when you're seconds away from potentially saving humanity. 

I don't know how quickly they'll reset things in the second part, but hopefully we get plenty of our original Avengers, half of whom were underused in this film. I'm understanding that it might be the last film for some of them, so they better make it count. 

Thanos, in general, is a formidable villain. I get his major presence here was to set up his reasoning for doing what he was doing and perhaps he'll take more of a backseat for the second film (in the sense that he's not taking away from our heroes). It's scarier that he thought what he was doing was a real service to the universe, and he still had some warped feelings with Gamora, in the sense that he truly believed it was love. 

A lot of the character moments did work for me. I like the Hulk seemed too scared, after losing to Thanos, to come out, which meant we got actual Bruce Banner to jump in to save the day. That was pretty neat.  A lot of the newer characters got their chance to shine, so that was cool. I still really like Peter and Tony's relationship. I did find myself feeling sad when Peter was telling Tony that he didn't want to go as he was being dusted. I liked a lot of the new pairings (Rocket/Thor, for example). I also found myself enjoying Vision and Wanda. It does suck for Vision's death, but I didn't expect him to really survive this film. Plus, Wanda really had to kill him, even though it was pointless in the end. 

I do wonder how many might stay dead. Wouldn't everyone who died before Thanos collected all six stones stay dead? So that means Loki, Gamora, Heimdall, and others are probably dead, depending on what the next steps are to reset it. 

Overall, I'm not positive on exactly what I'm feeling. I might need more time to process and think about what I just watched. Perhaps, at some point this week, I'll go see it again.

1 hour ago, SeanC said:

Is that clear?  There's no particular rhyme or reason to who lives or dies. 

I agree that it was random who lived and died. Besides Thanos clearly thought that he had killed Tony when he stabbed him saying, "I hope that they remember you." 

7 hours ago, SeanC said:

Edit:  Oh, wait, you meant Heimdall.  Yeah, I guess he was.  Though you can look at that as giving Idris Elba the merciful release from this franchise that he's long desired.

Oh, I didn't know this. I am now wondering if Heimdall's death will be permanent.

Thanos and Gamora: He must have loved her or he wouldn't have gotten the Soul Stone. It doesn't mean that it was a healthy love, but it was love nonetheless. Notice that as much as Gamora hated him, she was crying and heartbroken when she thought she has killed him. Love is complicated sometimes. 

Vision and Wanda: Their romance was surprisingly sweet and heartbreaking. I hope that in the next film that Bruce and Natasha have their moment.

ETA: to correct the stone's name

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Dandesun said:

Me too!  I actually liked Vision in this and kinda want him back, wth???!!! 

Enjoyed the second viewing much more than the first, plus it was on an IMAX screen this tine and that did make a LOT of difference.  I also got to thinking about the various villain’s motivations while Thanos was wreaking havoc through the galaxy, which basically seem to fall into two categories: revengers or saviors. 

The ‘revengers’ (thanks Thor!):  Given history and his experiences, Killmonger absolutely had a justifiable point of view that Black Panther illustrated beautifully.  But he also let revenge color his perceptions and chose a tragically violent action plan.  With Hela, they simply embraced her callous narcissism, she wanted to get back at everyone, but especially her father and indulge her every whim along the way.  And an unpopular opinion, I know, but I loved Zemo’s backstory and how he chose to literally become vengeance and live for nothing else after having something happen to him that he routinely meted out to others in his previous day job.

But I think the saviors are the most insidious:  Thanos and his “I have to restore balance and save you all from yourselves by killing half of you” is basically just an arrogant tool, but he makes you feel like he has a point, when he truly doesn't.  In fact, he’s really just like “The world will only survive through order I provide” Red Skull (and his appearance here at that particular moment was very telling, I thought), but Thanos covers his megalomania with a deceptively calm and soothing voice and without all the mustache twirling of the Red Skull.  And hell even “We all just want to be safe and I have the firepower to provide that safety” Pierce was the same; he just did it with subterfuge and a charming smile.  Balance, Order, Safety… all just euphemisms for genocide. 

In the ‘feast from crumbs department: 

When Vision and Wanda were explaining that they would periodically sneak off to be with each other and spend time together, the camera close in focused on Steve.  And he looked like he could totally relate and understood completely where they were coming from.  And… that reunion between Steve and Bucky did not in the slightest look like the first time they’d seen each other in 2(?) years, or even 2 months.  

I am reasonably certain that Valkyrie and the half the Asguardian refugees were sent off before we as viewers joined the ‘party’, so Thor still has people that need him.

Steve as Nomad is fucking stunning, and I’m so very sad we probably won’t see him again, and he only said like 15 words. 

Rocket totally knew (you could tell by his first reaction to the being called “rabbit”) exactly what a rabbit was, but because Thor said it so sincerely and without any hint of teasing or being demeaning by his word choice, Rocket was totally fine with it. 

And that image of Bucky grabbing Rocket and them spinning and shooting is close to rivaling Bucky’s motorcycle grab and mount for me for sheer awesomeness. 

Rhodey calling Sam, "Sammy" nearly made me cry this time, when I remembered Rhodey looking through the underbrush, calling for Sam after he blew away.  

And finally:

I don’t believe Gamora is dead, I think she’s a prisoner of the Soul Stone.  Her soul was the “price” and her body was basically an empty husk when it hit the ground, so she’s not technically dead (hence little Gamora at the end with Thanos).  It’s also pretty obvious that anyone that disintegrated isn’t dead either, but the question remains, where did they go and will WE get to go there too during A4.  With Bucky, Sam and T’Challa all dusted, I have far less anticipation for A4 unless we do.

• Love 10

I was also one of the people that got emotional at the deaths resulting from the finger snap. In the moment, watching it, I wasn't thinking about the fact that some future movies have already been confirmed with the characters that "died," all I saw was some of my favorite characters dying/losing people they love. I cried.

Peter Parker's was the worst for me, he was just a scared kid at the end, who didn't want to die. But for some reason the other two that really effected me, was when Sam vanished and Rhodey is walking and calling his name, it gutted me; can't explain why, neither character is one of my top faves, even though I enjoy them. The other was Groot and Rocket, I love them so I know why I cried but it was so well done. Groot and Rocket have been through enough!

I think some of you have got it, in terms of what happens in the next movie; the finger snap deaths will be reversed.

• Love 10

Okay I saw this today and I have to say that I was gutted!! Even though I know that most of these will be back in the next film but it didn't take away from the emotional toll. I literally sat at the end  of the movie absolutely STUNNED!!

I loved it even with it's issues!!,  I was on an emotional roller coaster throughout the movie, laughing, clapping, gasping and at other parts at the end of my seat.

This was a good culmination of the 10 years worth of movies.

I have a lot more thoughts, but still a lot to process.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, SimoneS said:

Oh, I didn't know this. I am now wondering if Heimdall's death will be permanent.

This is admittedly one of those things that may be gossip gotten out of hand (and it got to the point where he denied it, but obviously he wouldn't confirm it even if it was true), but it's been going around for a while that at least one of the movies cost him some other role that he'd have preferred to take.  Heimdall isn't a big part, after all, and he signed on for it when he was a lot less successful than he is now.

Thanos and Gamora: He must have loved her or he wouldn't have gotten the Reality Stone. It doesn't mean that it was a healthy love, but it was love nonetheless. Notice that as much as Gamora hated him, she was crying and heartbroken when she thought she has killed him. Love is complicated sometimes. 

I'd say the key criterion for the Soul Stone was that Thanos voluntarily sacrifice something that he cared about.  That doesn't really go to whether what he feels is "real" love (whatever that is) or remotely healthy (clearly it isn't), but he feels a loss as a result, so it makes sense that that would be enough.  The Soul Stone isn't trying to see if Thanos is a good person or not.

Edited by SeanC
  • Love 2

Re: Valkerie, our daughter's friend said that she and her father are sure they saw a member of the black order step over her body.

After reading some of these posts, I think it's clear that I need to see it again (damn. ;)

15 minutes ago, Wynterwolf said:

When Vision and Wanda were explaining that they would periodically sneak off to be with each other and spend time together, the camera close in focused on Steve. 

I thought Vision and Wanda had that conversation while they were in the street in Scotland, before Proxima Midnight attacked them?

I always liked Vision and Wanda together (it weirdly works for me okay), so I was 99% prepared to be devastated by them in this movie and I 100% was. I barely held it together when she was sobbing while killing him and he was softly reassuring her, with his last words being "I love you" AND THEN!! Thanos just reverses time and it was all for nothing. Thanos stopping to comfort her for a second on his way to kill Vision (again) was terrifying and made it so much worse. When he was patting her head, I thought he was going to crush it. Poor Wanda looked almost relieved to be dusted. 

I barely held it together for a lot of moments but Peter's slow dusting was too much for me. Worst Doctor Who reference ever.

Edited by JustaPerson
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, JustaPerson said:

I thought Vision and Wanda had that conversation while they were in the street in Scotland, before Proxima Midnight attacked them?

This was on the quinjet when Nat was chiding Wanda about being AWOL, after they had gotten Wanda and Vision to safety.  

• Love 1

There are two versions of that conversation.  The first is just Wanda and Vision, where he exposits that they'd been stealing a few days here and there over the years since Civil War and they agree that their relationship is working.  Then there's the jet conversation, where Nat chastises Wanda for not following their established protocol (checking in and staying mobile), and that's when Wanda responds with "we just wanted time".  I don't remember any significant focus on Steve's reaction, though.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, greekmom said:

And I want something more for Natasha and Banner.

Gotta say, Johansson and Ruffalo acted the heck out of saying "Bruce" and "Nat."  I'd like to see more of both their characters in the next one.

• Love 12

I think my favorite moment was a line in the credits "The producers would like to thank Jim Starlin for his significant contributions to the film."

I loved every damned thing about the Wakanda parts.  Especially Okoye saying that she'd hoped a more open Wakanda would mean they'd host the Olympics or get a Starbucks.  Just so long as Karen agrees to leave her bland-ass potato salad at home.

I had chills when the Dora Milaje and Jabari charged the field.  WAKANDA FOREVER!

If they're not going to recast the Big Six after the next movie, if they need a replacement Iron Man, the only acceptable answer is Shuri.

Of course Peter got dusted, because absent Pepper, that's the thing that was going to be the biggest gut-punch for Tony.  I knew that was going to happen, and I cried anyway.  I do think it was a bit of a cop-out to have Quill go, because he needed to be around to watch the fallout of him losing control.  

I had to restrain myself from cheering when they showed Captain Marvel's symbol on Fury's communicator thingie.  I knew Carol was the person he had to be calling, but seeing it confirmed was like YAAAAAAAAASSSSS!  #TheFutureIsFemale

• Love 15
34 minutes ago, starri said:

I had to restrain myself from cheering when they showed Captain Marvel's symbol on Fury's communicator thingie.  I knew Carol was the person he had to be calling, but seeing it confirmed was like YAAAAAAAAASSSSS!  #TheFutureIsFemale

Our theater was silent.  I didn't know what the symbol was and I don't think many others did either.  When my daughter told me what it was, I was happy to hear it.  Now that I've read more about her abilities, I can't wait to see her in action.

Just watched Friday's episode of AOS and I'm pretty sure they referenced the movie--it was really quick, though. When Daisy was meeting Mac's friend, he said "Hey, have you heard about that mess in New York?".  Her response was something about being too involved with what was happening with them.  I can't think of any other NY reference this whole season, so I think that was an IW comment.

• Love 2

Although I cannot become invisible, I’m pretty much Drax when it comes to the pirate angel, so I am really glad to read that others loved him just as much. I came into this movie expecting to love all of Thor’s scenes with the Guardians and I was not disappointed. I loved the humor, but I especially loved his non-judgemental reaction when he learned Gamora was Thanos’ daughter. “Eh, we all have relations who turn into snakes and scare us or pull out our eyes and try to kill us. Doesn’t make us bad people.” Thor’s compassion is his best of many good features. 

That said, as much as I enjoyed Thor with Rocket and Groot and the rest, I am looking forward to scenes in the next film with all of the original Avengers. I loved Banner’s reaction to Thor’s return to earth and hope Earth’s Strongest Avenger will soon be back fighting alongside the Lord of Thunder.

I definitely think Valkyrie survived and left with refugees on the ship Loki took from the Grandmaster’s planet. Even if she had half of the remaining Asgardians, that itself being a small number of survivors from the destruction of Asgard, the amount would be even smaller if half of them were dusted by the snap. Or did their population already being significantly reduced factor into the effects of the snap? Would Gamora’s planet and other planets Thanos had already “fixed” by culling half the population be further halved or were they exempt? 

Speaking of the dusting, the two reactions that got to me the most were Rocket’s and Tony’s, but what I’m still thinking about hours later are the possible dustings and reactions we didnt see in this vast universe. Pepper is of course the main one, but there’s Happy too, Shuri, Aunt May (who was already probably worried sick for Peter) and Ned and MJ, Clint and Scott’s families, Sif, Wong, Sharon, the Grandmaster, and so many more. Matt Murdock could be gone or Trish or Foggy or any of the small screen characters. It will be interesting to see what AoS does in the next few weeks. And (gasp!) did Howard the Duck survive Thanos’ trip to Knowhere? 

The plane and car crashing in Fury’s scene reminded me of the departure in The Leftovers. At least here those left behind must have some clue what happened, not that it would help much to a parent who watched their child disappear or a child who lost their parents  

I get a kick out of imagining Vin Diesel delivering that most teenagerish “I am Groot” at being told he has to put down his video game. Even if there is no reset, I think Groot would still have a chance to return, because his arm is the handle to Stormbreaker. 

Strange definitely planned for this, but I would be less worried for the original Avengers if some of them had died in this one. I think someone’s going to have to pay the price to reset everything in the next. It seemed like they were throwing anvils at Thor and he dodged them despite seemingly being ready to go if it took out Thanos, while Tony got saved just in time by the time stone and Cap didn’t have much to do. 

Edited by InsertWordHere
  • Love 9

I think it is fitting that we are left with the Orignal Avengers to pick up the pieces in A4. This is ultimately their story. We saw them come together in Avengers, saw them hitting their stride in Ultron, saw them pulled apart in 2.5 (which is what Civil War) really was and now we see them broken. They might be back together as a team (once Tony gets back to Earth) but in spirt they are *broken*. Of course A4 needs to be about them, how they move forward and eventually how their story is brought to a close.

• Love 8

I'm a huge fan of both Tom Hiddleston/Loki and Idris Elba/Heimdall.  As you can imagine, I was very upset very early in this movie.  They were both a 4 (def dead) in my choices for office deadpool, but seeing it hurt.  It adds a certain darkness to Ragnarok for me now.  I'll go to see this in the theater again, but I think I'll excuse myself for their death scenes.  I'm a wuzzy, I know.

I had no idea that Thor was going to end up being my fav, but he absolutely was and I feel like Chris crushed it through a range of emotions (maybe projection from me?).  I haven't looked/don't know, but I wonder if Marvel got him to re-up.  He came away for me as the MVP of this one (and Peter Parker, of course).  

While I'm certain Loki and Heimdall are dead dead (**cries again**), I, like many of you, are certain those dusted will be back.  For me, that potential info didn't take away from the sadness I felt.  I cried at the beginning watching my dear Heimdall and broken, but dear to me Loki get killed, and cried again (I swear, I'm not at all a crier) with Peter's "death".  Tom Holland is a freaking treasure and I couldn't handle seeing Peter revert to the child that he actually is.   My theater was full of gasps and "no"s, then was dead silent and no one left the theater until the post credit.  I've never experienced that before. 

I also loved all the small nods throughout the film to already established relationships, while forging new, interesting ones.  Thor being a Guardian would be cool as hell! 

Other likes:  Dr. Strange also worked for me in this one, even more than in his own movie (and I love The Batch).  Thanos is a good villain; I don't sympathize or buy his shit for a second, but Brolin really brought some depth.  Loki and Killmonger are still the top villains to me (and yes, they hide their bullshit behind their victimhood and pain, but I love them, ok?).   Red Skull was a big surprise; very interesting.  It was clear they tried to get as many important to us Wakandans in the movie, and I was happy to see them; Okoye gets the best lines.  The lady battle with Widow/Okoye/Wanda was very good...makes me want that "ladies of Marvel" movie that will never happen.  Hee. 

Dislikes:  I don't know what it was, but I didn't care for either StarLord or Hulk/Banner.   Quill's shtick didn't stand up to Stark or Strange in a meaningful way; he seemed outclassed to me; oh, yeah...he also REALLY FUCKED UP the plan. Dude...loads of ppl are dying, it really sucks...stick. to. the plan. I LOVE Mark Ruffalo and I've loved his Hulk/missed Banner, but his rhythm seemed off to me in his one. 

Moving to A4, I would like to see some rifts from Civil War healed.  These remaining folks need to come together and figure it out.  If Shuri is not dusted (I'm hoping not), I will expect to see a Rocket ("rabbit") and Stark scene with her.   I can't wait to see what Captain Marvel has in store for us!  I too imagine that the safety of the Orginals is fleeting; they won't all make it out of A4.

Edited by TrininisaScorp
  • Love 4