Type keyword(s) to search

Meghan McCain: "Both Sides" Wannabe Tough Chick

Jaded
Message added by helenamonster

You may only post about political topics as they relate to the current discussion on the show. Items from hosts' social media, speculation about their opinion on current political events, etc. are not allowed and will result in disciplinary measures.

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, cinsays said:

Quick question - Megzy said today that her father was born in Panama, which apparently is true. 

I thought you had to be born in the US to be elected president of the country.  Guess I am wrong?

I think he was born in Panama because his father was serving there and American military children born abroad are still citizens. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
21 minutes ago, cinsays said:

Quick question - Megzy said today that her father was born in Panama, which apparently is true. 

I thought you had to be born in the US to be elected president of the country.  Guess I am wrong?

His father was on active duty in Panama and John was born on a US naval base.  There’s no question re his citizenship. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
32 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

I think he was born in Panama because his father was serving there and American military children born abroad are still citizens. 

ok, that makes sense

I did not know that

obviously, he never would have made it to the nominee if he was not eligible.  I just did not know the reasoning

• Love 5
3 hours ago, cinsays said:

Arizonans thought so too, but there's some loophole for American parents ... and (maybe) military parents.   Apparently Canadian-born Ted Cruz is eligible too. 

• Love 5
On 10/16/2019 at 9:58 PM, lusinia said:

Meghan retweeted this - and mentioned @Whoopie, Sunny, Abby and Joy (in that order) , and NOT Ana! (and why the 3 American flag emojis?)

Weren't they number 1 this time last year ? 

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, TheView said:

She's still mad at Seth Meyers

Did she mention him recently?

32 minutes ago, Marigny said:

Weren't they number 1 this time last year ? 

I don't know; I don't usually pay attention to that.  If someone hadn't posted her tweet here I wouldn't have known what their ratings were.  

6 hours ago, cinsays said:

George Romney was born in Mexico, but his parents were US citizens, so although there were questions about whether he could legally be President, it was never determined.

Ted Cruz was born in Canada.  There are a lot of questions about his US citizenship, but it's never been determined.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Haleth said:

There’s no question re his citizenship.

Although there was no question of McCain's citizenship, there were questions about the wording of his eligibiity to serve as President.  The "natural born" citizen was discussed at length.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

Although there was no question of McCain's citizenship, there were questions about the wording of his eligibiity to serve as President.  The "natural born" citizen was discussed at length.

Right, right.  But the prevailing opinion was that he qualified.  

• Love 3
16 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Meghan is “ Destigmatizing grief and death” now.....

CE08F194-0151-4A7E-8248-455EF827817A.jpeg

Too bad she didn't have to miss today's show to head to Boston. 
Hopefully she'll stay overnight to give viewers a break tomorrow!

• LOL 6
  • Love 3

Blondie beat me to it  

Mercy she is tweeting October is National infant and baby loss month. She wants all who have miscarried to know they aren’t alone.  I can’t imagine her helping anyone.  Who can identify with her?   

Early  pregnancy testing is causing women to think there was a pregnancy and then a miscarriage. I’m sure hers was further along but she needs to get off the soap box  

Edited by athousandclowns
Typo
  • Love 11
12 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

I’m sure hers was further along but she needs to get off the soap box  

The article said she had the miscarriage almost to the day a year after her dad died. Didn't she miscarry in the Spring?

• Love 7
44 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

The article said she had the miscarriage almost to the day a year after her dad died. Didn't she miscarry in the Spring?

As I recall it was in April?  Maybe May?  So yeah, not near daddy’s death. 

• Love 3
51 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

She probably waited a while before revealing her miscarriage.  The article came out after she was being very bitchy and feeling persecuted on the show.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
15 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

Yes. And part of it was in response to a huge conspiracy theory that Obama was born in Kenya and therefore not eligible to be president.  

• Love 7
22 hours ago, cinsays said:

Her father, John McCain, was born on an American Military Base in Panama, thus considered an American citizen.  John McCain's father was an Admiral in the Navy.

• Love 2

Ted Cruz's mother was a US citizen so being naturally born to her in Canada seems to have been enough to qualify him to run for president. She was not deployed by the US military at the time, like Megun's grandfather. Ted's father was Cuban and did not become Canadian until Ted was 3 years old. Ted's father retained his Cuban citizenship but renounced his Canadian citizenship to became a US citizen in 2005. 

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, suomi said:

I don't remember seeing this at the time:

"Meghan Said She Was Hurt By Sherri Telling Her To Lighten Up" on WWHL

I'm not the biggest Sherri fan, but she's a comedian. She tries to see the humor in life. MM could take lessons.

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, babyhouseman said:

I'm not the biggest Sherri fan, but she's a comedian. She tries to see the humor in life. MM could take lessons.

Yes. Most days Megabitch walks out to the table with a scowl already on her face. WTH?

In the immortal words of Sgt Hulka:

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
53 minutes ago, gatopretoNYC said:

Yes. Most days Megabitch walks out to the table with a scowl already on her face. WTH?

This irks me so much.  She doesn't even think she needs to pretend to be happy to be there when she walks out, but seems to think everyone (hosts included) should be grateful for her presence and the knowledge they receive from her fount of wisdom about politics.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 11
5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Meghan McCain reflects on her miscarriage: 'I was very, very, very hard on myself'

Did she examine the proven link between miscarriage and the rootin' tootin' consumption of alcohol? If so, I missed it along the way. 

• Love 9
6 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Meghan retweeted a link to this.

Meghan McCain reflects on her miscarriage: 'I was very, very, very hard on myself'

https://www.goodmorningamerica.com/amp/wellness/story/meghan-mccain-reflects-miscarriage-hard-66540082?__twitter_impression=true

She is ridiculous. My father died when I was younger than her, and my father was 67.  My husband was twelve when his father died.  I had a miscarriage at age 34.  We were not planning on children and it still was a painful experience.  We grieved.  I was very, very sad after that.

This is life.  Where is her mother?  She should be counselling her in some way, because MeAgain seems woefully inadequate to handle actual life experiences.  Or maybe all of those older siblings could help.

• Love 16
36 minutes ago, bannana said:

This is life.  Where is her mother?  She should be counselling her in some way, because MeAgain seems woefully inadequate to handle actual life experiences.  Or maybe all of those older siblings could help.

I imagine Meghan is the same around her family as she is on tv, so....   

I think Meghan needs professional help, and if she is seeing someone, she might want to try someone else.  She is just as angry, rude, and entitled today as she was when she first started the show, which was just a few months after her father's cancer diagnosis.  (And the powers-that-be are enabling her bad behavior.) 

• Love 11

She tweeted and deleted (I think) yesterday about the article that mentioned that she hadn't appeared on a show with Ana since they had words.  She mentioned having a virus that has "kicked her ass" and that she was still in bed and that was the reason for her absence this past Friday and nothing else.  It was a bitchy tweet, typical of her when she feels the need to defend herself.

Thing is, Joy said she had the day off on Friday and never mentioned her being sick.  MM also spent a lot of time tweeting away this weekend for someone who is supposedly sick.

I have no idea why the tweet was deleted.  Will be interesting to see if she mentions being sick if and when she's back at the table.

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, Badbea99 said:

She tweeted and deleted (I think) yesterday about the article that mentioned that she hadn't appeared on a show with Ana since they had words.  She mentioned having a virus that has "kicked her ass" and that she was still in bed and that was the reason for her absence this past Friday and nothing else.  It was a bitchy tweet, typical of her when she feels the need to defend herself.

Wasn't she in Boston the night before for that grief thing? All Meghan had to say was I was out of town for a prior commitment. And then she could have once again talk about her grief.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

Wasn't she in Boston the night before for that grief thing? All Meghan had to say was I was out of town for a prior commitment. And then she could have once again talk about her grief.

I think that was Wednesday, the 30th.  They were off on Thursday, Halloween, as that show was pre-taped.

I wonder if Meghan’s struggling so much since she’s appeared to have never experienced hardship. She loves her parents, grew up with privilege, has never spoken about any serious illness, type of trauma or abuse. She didn’t have to put herself through school or worry if she’d ever get a job. She’s quite pretty and has bragged that she’s never had a problem attracting men even though she didn’t get married until she was slightly older. 

While I don’t give her a pass for her rude behavior, I don’t judge her for still struggling with her father’s death at all and talking about him to a degree. Sounds like she was a daddy’s girl and they were best friends. When you’re very close and love someone so much, whether they’re a parent, child, sibling, or soulmate, everything will remind you of them.

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 4
On 11/4/2019 at 10:12 AM, RealHousewife said:

I wonder if Meghan’s struggling so much since she’s appeared to have never experienced hardship. She loves her parents, grew up with privilege, has never spoken about any serious illness, type of trauma or abuse. She didn’t have to put herself through school or worry if she’d ever get a job. She’s quite pretty and has bragged that she’s never had a problem attracting men even though she didn’t get married until she was slightly older. 

While I don’t give her a pass for her rude behavior, I don’t judge her for still struggling with her father’s death at all and talking about him to a degree. Sounds like she was a daddy’s girl and they were best friends. When you’re very close and love someone so much, whether they’re a parent, child, sibling, or soulmate, everything will remind you of them.

Eh, my mom was my best friend when she died and she was only 43. I was 14 years old. I always kind of look at my life with her as a gift. None of us is guaranteed tomorrow. I'm not sure why Meghan doesn't see it the same way considering her father was SO old and she had plenty of time with him. Twenty years later and I still think about my mom everyday. I just don't go around lording it over people that my mother died from cancer, which she did. I am especially not and never was under the misconception that I was the first to be dealt this hand, something Meghan appeared to be unaware of during her father's illness and even after his death if I'm to be honest. It's not that she's grieving. I don't even mind the Day 531 posts or whatever, but for me, the way she has spoken about her father's illness in the past made has made me feel that she believes she is the only one who has ever in the history of all mankind been dealt such a blow. I guess it falls in line with her whole narcissist thing.

Edited by piccadilly83
  • Useful 1
  • Love 21
On 11/4/2019 at 1:12 PM, RealHousewife said:

Absolutely agree.  We lost my beautiful younger sister just before Christmas last year and it's been a revelation to me how differently various family members have coped with her death in the last months.  Some of us, at least externally, have "moved on", others are still grieving to the point where I am concerned that they are going to need help as they seem to be slipping into depression.  Mostly we're managing and I am proud to say none of us spend hours on FB posting memes about it - that said I shouldn't really say that because if that's how someone is coping well, that's how they're coping!   Anyway bottom line there is no one right way to grieve.  There just isn't.

Edited by Homily
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Homily said:

Absolutely agree.  We lost my beautiful younger sister just before Christmas last year and it's been a revelation to me how differently various family members have coped with her death in the last months.  Some of us, at least externally, have "moved on", others are still grieving to the point where I am concerned that they are going to need help as they seem to be slipping into depression.  Mostly we're managing and I am proud to say none of us spend hours on FB posting memes about it - that said I shouldn't really say that because if that's how someone is coping well, that's how they're coping!   Anyway bottom line there is no one right way to grieve.  There just isn't.

I’m so sorry *hugs* I hope your family members all feel better with time. I think getting help is a good idea for the ones slipping into depression. 

• Love 3