Type keyword(s) to search

Meghan McCain: "Both Sides" Wannabe Tough Chick

Jaded
Message added by helenamonster

You may only post about political topics as they relate to the current discussion on the show. Items from hosts' social media, speculation about their opinion on current political events, etc. are not allowed and will result in disciplinary measures.

• Start Topic

I absolutely think many people still believe women should be ladylike and feminine in a 1950’s housewife way. It drives me crazy that to some people, even in 2019, women are supposed to be sweet no matter what, never raise their voices, not get into passionate debates, and even stay out of politics entirely. Meghan isn’t always wrong. If The View were full of a bunch of men on the panel, there would be a lot less criticism. I’ve had a lot of male coworkers who have gotten into extremely heated arguments, used foul language, and been downright nasty. I’ve been criticized for sticking up for myself when I’ve been harassed and treated terribly. A man would have been given credit for the patience I had and respectfully trying to put a stop to mistreatment. 

Do I still think Meghan is often rude and she’s the one who puts out the image of her being a gun loving ice queen? Yes.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, babyhouseman said:

The twitter comments in response to Meghan today are hilarious.  Dolly Parton is truly the tough chick, going from dirt-poor rural mountain roots to worldwide superstar. Trust Fund  Princess of Arizona can have a seat. 

Exactly. Dolly helped raise her brood of siblings without nannies, maids and other kind of help too so much so it's probably why she decided not to have children of her own. She may be famous now but she knows what it's like to work and make it on her own compared to spoiled Princess NutMeg of Arizona who's jobs have probably all been due to nepotism. There are children of famous people who make it on their own merits but NutMeg has never come across to me as one of those people. She never has and probably never will have to worry about being poor, homeless or the other issues those things cause when someone looses a job and/or their source of income

• Love 16

I think Meghan really needs to take a break. I feel like she's still not over the death of her father, and she's taking out her anger over her father's situation by arguing with everyone. I went through kind of a similar thing when my brother passed, and the only way I got over it was avoiding tense situations that would make me upset.

Maybe I'm naive and she is just doing this all for ratings, but I can't help but wonder. She just seems so completely different on the show in 2009. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qbZuYqa_8g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imlnuB2JLl8

• Love 6
15 hours ago, jungki said:

I feel like she's still not over the death of her father, and she's taking out her anger over her father's situation by arguing with everyone.

What's her excuse for her first season?

15 hours ago, jungki said:

She just seems so completely different on the show in 2009. 

I agree...but she wasn't a "host," and she hadn't figured out that she has to "make sparks" in order to be relevant (in her mind) on television.  Her voice in the clip you posted is so much nicer and easier to hear.

• Love 11
23 hours ago, boochay8888 said:

Well well well...guess who turned off her instagram comments, some tough chick she is!!

She’s changed her Insta bio too, from “blonde Republican, View co-host, rabble rouser” whatever to just “live free” or something with the US flag and a cactus. She has absolutely no self-awareness so I wouldn’t be surprised if she had no idea how much backlash her behavior would get her on a daily basis. 90% of the time anything that’s written about her or if she’s trending, it’s negative. And no, I don’t believe it’s grief or mental health issues, and it’s a sorry excuse to put her nastiness on that. I truly think she’s always been a brat, and is being taken to task for the first time in her life and she has no idea how to handle it. The grief gravy train has left the station, and people see right through her, and that bothers her.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Angelsmom1009 said:

I truly think she’s always been a brat, and is being taken to task for the first time in her life and she has no idea how to handle it. 

The look of disbelief and sputtering she does when someone tries to shut her up are just like what a two year old does when told they cannot have a lollipop just because they want one.

• LOL 4
  • Love 20

Good grief - MM put up a photo of her nightstand on facebook with the photo of Dolly. And tributes to her dad. Plus a book of  the Constitution an inch thick (not the pocket version of the Khan held up) and several other books. All the books looked brand new and the binders never broken.

Edited by maggiemae
  • LOL 12
10 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

What's her excuse for her first season?

I agree...but she wasn't a "host," and she hadn't figured out that she has to "make sparks" in order to be relevant (in her mind) on television.  Her voice in the clip you posted is so much nicer and easier to hear.

Didn't she come on the show pretty soon after her father was diagnosed with brain cancer? 

13 hours ago, jungki said:

Didn't she come on the show pretty soon after her father was diagnosed with brain cancer? 

I had no clue, so I looked it up.  You're right.   Diagnosis:  July 2017.   Megan's job: October 2017.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, maggiemae said:

Good grief - MM put up a photo of her nightstand on facebook with the photo of Dolly. And tributes to her dad. Plus a book of  the Constitution an inch thick (not the pocket version of the Khan held up) and several other books. All the books looked brand new and the binders never broken.

Taking advantage of Amazon's one-day shipping, I see.

• LOL 19
  • Love 2

I always think it’s funny mean people love Dolly so much for being a good person who seems to get along with everyone. It’s not rocket science Meghan. There is no secret. Be nice to people no matter their party, whether or not they’re considered a cool person, whether or not they’re military, whether or not they’re one of your tribal friends. That’s the kind of person Dolly is. She’s sweet and gentle and doesn’t snap at people. 

• Love 17
5 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I always think it’s funny mean people love Dolly so much for being a good person who seems to get along with everyone. It’s not rocket science Meghan. There is no secret. Be nice to people no matter their party, whether or not they’re considered a cool person, whether or not they’re military, whether or not they’re one of your tribal friends. That’s the kind of person Dolly is. She’s sweet and gentle and doesn’t snap at people. 

although I would've loved to see Dolly scratch Meg with those nails. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, TheView said:

although I would've loved to see Dolly scratch Meg with those nails. 

Speaking of her nails reminds me about her hands.  She seems to wear "fingerless gloves" all the time now.  Some are pretty; some are very strange looking, but all are color-coordinated, of course.  I'm six years older than Dolly and another with fair skin (and freckled--lucky me!).  The backs of my hands do look pretty bad, but I'm too lazy to color coordinate anything--or to remember my gloves.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, maggiemae said:

Seems to me after all this time Missy should watch the countdown to break or at the least ask her producer to tell her in her ear when it is time to give "her view."

Maybe if Whoopi reminds her a time or two, "I AM THE MODERATOR.  I TAKE US TO COMMERCIAL," her amateur antics will stop...at least for awhile.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

Maybe if Whoopi reminds her a time or two, "I AM THE MODERATOR.  I TAKE US TO COMMERCIAL," her amateur antics will stop...at least for awhile.

Actually, it's not Whoopi. It's the producer or producers who tell Whoopi to go to commercial. We've seen her argue with them when they've been "yelling" in her earpiece.

Maybe Her Twatness should take it up with HER producer.

• Love 5
On 11/25/2019 at 11:01 PM, HaaCHOO said:

Speaking of her nails reminds me about her hands.  She seems to wear "fingerless gloves" all the time now.  Some are pretty; some are very strange looking, but all are color-coordinated, of course.  I'm six years older than Dolly and another with fair skin (and freckled--lucky me!).  The backs of my hands do look pretty bad, but I'm too lazy to color coordinate anything--or to remember my gloves.

Dolly Parton always wears long sleeves. She has a number of tattoos she said were to disguise keloids scars, and keeps her tattoos covered.

That might also explain the gloves.

• Useful 2

The fingerless gloves are probably to hide her old-lady veins & brown spots that we all get, and she may also have arthritic joints.  Jane Fonda has mentioned that she (Jane) gets her hands plumped & bleached to make hers look younger.  The gloves fit with Dolly's ~1900 brothel-owner fashion.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4
21 hours ago, deirdra said:

The fingerless gloves are probably to hide her old-lady veins & brown spots that we all get, and she may also have arthritic joints. 

That's my story...freckled redhead (then) and my arthritic spotted hands look like a burn victim's (now).  I assume my hands would get too much attention if I had little crocheted half-gloves to match every 3X top I wear.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

That's my story...freckled redhead (then) and my arthritic spotted hands look like a burn victim's (now).  I assume my hands would get too much attention if I had little crocheted half-gloves to match every 3X top I wear.  

I love you HAACHOO. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 11/27/2019 at 10:38 AM, deirdra said:

The fingerless gloves are probably to hide her old-lady veins & brown spots that we all get, and she may also have arthritic joints.  Jane Fonda has mentioned that she (Jane) gets her hands plumped & bleached to make hers look younger.  The gloves fit with Dolly's ~1900 brothel-owner fashion.

Interesting about Jane. I asked the dermatologist about that procedure. Spendy and has to be kept up. I’ll just keep my old hands. I wonder what is under Dolly’s gloves. She is not afraid of procedures. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

She once again says she is the only conservative voice a lot of the places she happens to be.

Perhaps she doesn't know she maybe the only

interrupting, incorrect, inconsiderate, rude, and screeching voice a lot of the places she happens to be.

Edited by HaaCHOO
  • LOL 5
  • Love 6

In that 2009 tape she was worried about the Republican Party now she’s obsessed with what Dems have to do. She won’t rest till the left listens to her.

is she friends with Laura Ingram now? I wouldn’t be surprised .

A poster in The Views FB referred to her as Megahorn which I love!!!!!! 

• LOL 11
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, Haleth said:

Oh, I need to know the context for this. I assume she wasn’t talking about lunch?

She was talking about Kamala floundering.  Missy probably imagined Kamala flopping around like a flounder out of water.  Rather than foundering (sinking) in the polls.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, deirdra said:

She was talking about Kamala floundering.  Missy probably imagined Kamala flopping around like a flounder out of water.  Rather than foundering (sinking) in the polls.

As much as I hate & loathe to admit it, she used floundering in the correct context.

: floundering (as per Google)

struggle or stagger helplessly or clumsily in water or mud.

"he was floundering about in the shallow offshore waters"

• Love 1

I looked it up earlier, because I was confused myself, and it turns out, both words could apply, and they're often mixed up.  From Merriam-Webster (surprisingly, this article uses a lot of humor)  -

The English language does not care if you are happy or sad. It is oblivious to your shrill entreaties for an orderly and sensible vocabulary. As proof of this supreme indifference we need look no further than the words founder and flounder, for no language that cares about its speakers would ever allow this kind of semantic cruelty to exist.

---------------

The problem is that these words look and sound almost identical, and each one has meanings that would work quite well in an essay titled “Things That Did Not Go the Way That I Had Hoped.”  The difference that is observed by most usage guides is that founder carries a stronger sense of completed failure (its synonyms are sink, collapse, and fail) whereas flounder has more of a meaning of “struggle” or “act clumsily.” One way to look at it is that you can flounder for a while and then eventually founder, but you cannot founder for a while and then flounder.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, deirdra said:

Of course Megaphone thought of a fish. 

She's an idiot.  

Because she has such a meager knowledge of  etymology and just doesn't listen to others.  

• Love 4

Article about today's show including this:

After the episode aired, McCain randomly got into it on Twitter with "Sex and the City" star Willie Garson, who called her "transparent as hell."

"And you're just a bitter man on Twitter," she responded. "The amount of time you spend hate tweeting me is really sad."

https://toofab.com/2019/12/06/meghan-mccain-joy-behar-maga-the-view/

Too Fab is TMZ's sister site.

• LOL 9
  • Love 2

After today’s behavior and the Greta comment she then goes on twitter to plead for compassion for her motherhood journey.   She was slammed so bad it might make someone who didn’t know her feel bad. A thing of beauty. Someone asked if she was drunk on the show today.  They hit her hard. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 13