Type keyword(s) to search

Meghan McCain: "Both Sides" Wannabe Tough Chick

Jaded
Message added by helenamonster

You may only post about political topics as they relate to the current discussion on the show. Items from hosts' social media, speculation about their opinion on current political events, etc. are not allowed and will result in disciplinary measures.

• Start Topic

MM is a perfect example of 'horrible people failing up.'  She is the worst of the worst when it comes to being a decent human being and yet gets rewarded by ABC for it.  Bravo, world, we are doing such a fine job of things right now, aren't we?

• Love 16

I have something of the greatest import to add to this conversation...

On 9/11/2019 at 10:16 AM, GHScorpiosRule said:

There is nothing, NOTHING, NOTHEEEEEENG!!!! (said in Col. Klink's voice), that would induce me to say anything positive about Her Twatness. She's such a vile, nasty, ugly (personality-wise), hypocritical, narcissistic, divisive, fear/hate mongering person, that no matter how attractive she's made to look, on occasion, her inner ugliness FAR OUTWEIGHS it.

And I'll happily sit at my table for one, sipping Mimosas in holding this opinion of her.

That's usually Sergeant Schultz's line.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, Haleth said:

Not to mention practicing her word of the day which she'll use at least twice during the show.

And incorrectly, more often than not. 

I believe Meghan tries to looks extra smart by consciously sprinkling a lot of big words throughout her conversation, and doesn't really care if she gets the meaning or pronunciation right.  

If I'm wrong, and she doesn't realize this, I wonder why no one in her work or personal life has pointed it out to her?  I can't think of anyone else, who's job is to be on tv regularly, that makes verbal mistakes almost daily.   

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
On 9/9/2019 at 2:13 PM, RealHousewife said:

Honestly, much as she annoys me, I love Meghan’s body positivity. Sometimes women feel too ashamed to openly enjoy food if they’re not thin. 

On 9/11/2019 at 7:24 AM, HaaCHOO said:

I agree with the sentiment although I don't trust that Meghan (in her heart* of hearts) is all that positive about her body.  Sometimes she's just a bit too vocal (aka LOUD!) about her self-assurance.

*If she has one.

On 9/11/2019 at 7:34 AM, Cementhead said:

Yes.  Because the loudness stems from them trying to convince themselves more so than anyone else. 

On 9/11/2019 at 7:24 PM, Tammee said:

Yup. Very well said.  Coming from a lifetime of eating disorders yada yada, theres nothing that could be said, that i hadnt (havent) already said to myself.  Good and/or bad.

I actually like Meghan's attitude towards her body, and I don't think she's putting up a front. I used to watch in the Star Jones' days and I totally thought Star was putting up a front.  "Whatever you can't hide, paint it red" she used to say (or something like that.)  Anyway, I saw Star as really insecure about her weight.  Also, just looking at the two, Meghan is no where near the size that Star was back in the day. I don't think Meghan protests too loudly about being ok with her size.  I've only really see her mention it in response to other's expectations that she not feel ok with being plus sized. 

As for her claiming she is a size 12, has she done that recently? I have never actually seen her do it, but then again I didn't watch the first season she was on and I only watched sporadically last season. If she claimed she was a size 12 during her first season, that was probably accurate.  Just looking at the image of her during the opening credits, that looks to have been her size.  People have to remember she is very short, and a size 12 on someone 5' 5" is not going to look the same as a size 12 on someone 5' 10".  If she's grown since then, so what?  She's not required to give me or anyone else a running update on her dress size.

Edited by piccadilly83
  • Love 5
On 9/13/2019 at 1:58 PM, Cindyluwho said:

Tucked in shirts and most belted things are a definite no-no.

WORD!  I just saw Kelly Clarkson's first show.  Short-waisted and wore GucciCinchBelt.thumb.jpg.6111b1ac803ddc3c20e68c1d7c55aa14.jpga cinch belt!  Gucci and $720!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 9/13/2019 at 9:21 AM, deirdra said:

Spanx don't eliminate fat, they just push it around.  Smoothing the hips & muffin top fills in the waist area, leaving a barrel shape.

Saw Countess Luann's show last night in Phoenix.  The comedian was Murray Hill, a NYC entertainer and "drag king."  Murray said he didn't have a double chin, he was just wearing Spanx...and then pounded on his midriff with the microphone.  It made a whomp-whomp sound.

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

Saw Countess Luann's show last night in Phoenix.  The comedian was Murray Hill, a NYC entertainer and "drag king."  Murray said he didn't have a double chin, he was just wearing Spanx...and then pounded on his midriff with the microphone.  It made a whomp-whomp sound.

How was the show?

• Love 3
5 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

I'd love to see Meg try to pull off the Luann look during the Halloween show. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
On 9/14/2019 at 11:07 PM, lusinia said:

And incorrectly, more often than not. 

I believe Meghan tries to looks extra smart by consciously sprinkling a lot of big words throughout her conversation, and doesn't really care if she gets the meaning or pronunciation right.  

If I'm wrong, and she doesn't realize this, I wonder why no one in her work or personal life has pointed it out to her?  I can't think of anyone else, who's job is to be on tv regularly, that makes verbal mistakes almost daily.   

When that doesn't work think she will try glasses?  HA!

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

It would be so cool to come across her in a public setting and have the chance to say something like "So, what's your dad up to these days? Is he enjoying his retirement?"

Can you imagine? Heh.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
29 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

Oh for Fuck's sake. 

4 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

Meghan is now doing paid speaking engagements on her grief after the death of her father, John Mccain.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/destigmatizing-grief-a-conversation-with-meghan-mccain-tickets-63572908280

That is exactly what I said when I saw the commercial promoting her appearance!  Meghan has figured out a way to make money by exploiting her father's death.  Grief for profit.  How disrespectful to her dad's memory.

• Love 10
5 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

Meghan is now doing paid speaking engagements on her grief after the death of her father, John Mccain.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/destigmatizing-grief-a-conversation-with-meghan-mccain-tickets-63572908280

Great - now she can quit the View and make a living off her grief after the death of her father, John McCain.  

I don't expect it to last long because "a conversation" involves more than one person talking, something Megun can't tolerate.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 2
  • Love 10

Dammit, I wish she would storm off and stay off.

I was very confused about Meggy trying to say that liberals were okay with Assange.  It was Assange that was leaking phony info about the Democrats.  Why would liberals be okay with that?

I laughed out loud when Ana took her on like that.

• LOL 1
  • Love 19
12 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Dammit, I wish she would storm off and stay off.

I was very confused about Meggy trying to say that liberals were okay with Assange.  It was Assange that was leaking phony info about the Democrats.  Why would liberals be okay with that?

I laughed out loud when Ana took her on like that.

I seriously don't remember ANY liberal cheering Assange on.  That is why she was so flustered.  She totally botched her point!  I THINK she meant why are liberals upset at Assange but not this whistleblower but got it backwards.  But then again, I don't know with her.  She makes so little sense most of the time.  I DID think it was something when she was allowed to filibuster and then told Joy (with the hand movement) "I am still talking" but then interrupts Joy (and everyone else) when they are making their point.  Ana gets MVP yesterday!  Seriously, this is what happens to a person when they are never given boundaries as a kid and lead to believe everything they say is gold or maybe when your dad is not home and your mom is um, not all there  (if you know what I mean).

• Love 17
2 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Seriously, this is what happens to a person when they are never given boundaries as a kid and lead to believe everything they say is gold or maybe when your dad is not home and your mom is um, not all there  (if you know what I mean).

I DO! I think your "diagnosis" is spot on (I live in the area).  It was interesting that she said her parents sent her to Outward Bound.  Maybe there are programs for "normal" kids, but the only times I've heard of it was in relation to "troubled youth."  I wonder what that story is.

17 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

That is exactly what I said when I saw the commercial promoting her appearance!  Meghan has figured out a way to make money by exploiting her father's death.  Grief for profit.  How disrespectful to her dad's memory.

But WAIT!  Maybe it's an entirely new career for her...one that will take a lot of her time and energy.  Perhaps she won't be able to continue the grind of being the boss of the panel of women on "The View," and will step down.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

I DO! I think your "diagnosis" is spot on (I live in the area).  It was interesting that she said her parents sent her to Outward Bound.  Maybe there are programs for "normal" kids, but the only times I've heard of it was in relation to "troubled youth."  I wonder what that story is.

They CLEARLY should have sent her to a different camp for troubled youth.  I have a feeling mama McCain had had enough of her and said fine, you think you are tough, try this you ungrateful brat!  It may have been harshing mom's mellow :).

• Love 9

I really wish Andy Cohen would grow a pair and stop giving this brat a spot on WWHL.  She tweeted about her upcoming appearance this week with a sarcastic comment.  Instead of being embarrassed by her behavior, she doubles down because there are never any repercussions for anything she does or says.  It's really getting old.

• Love 21
1 hour ago, Badbea99 said:

I really wish Andy Cohen would grow a pair and stop giving this brat a spot on WWHL.  She tweeted about her upcoming appearance this week with a sarcastic comment.  Instead of being embarrassed by her behavior, she doubles down because there are never any repercussions for anything she does or says.  It's really getting old.

Everyone who is her "friend" is kissing her ass rn on Twitter, especially after the blowup, Erica Jayne, Perez Hilton and AC its annoying and its going to make MM act up and think that she is invincible.  

Edited by jkspeaks
  • Love 3

Mercy I don’t want to go there and read kiss ass friends responses because it was glorious immediately getting reamed one after another no mercy at all.  I can not imagine what someone could say in her defense. 

Maybe my memory is fading but other than the Elizabeth/ Rosie spilt screen and the recent release of audio of Bitsy screaming back stage, I don’t recall a table atmosphere like now. Most unpleasant and how is this women supporting women?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9
6 hours ago, Badbea99 said:

See post on Ana’s forum. Delicious. 

• Love 7
9 hours ago, Badbea99 said:

I really wish Andy Cohen would grow a pair and stop giving this brat a spot on WWHL.

He's the bitchiest/neediest little famewhore on TV.  I remain stunned that the wonderful/beautiful Anderson Cooper can spend more than ten minutes with him.

13 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I seriously don't remember ANY liberal cheering Assange on.  That is why she was so flustered.  She totally botched her point!

As someone else mentioned, she was probably still burning from her "attack" on Pamela Anderson that went south--tried a different tack on Friday.  Pamela "owned" Meghan for awhile, whether her opinions are valid or not.

• Love 16
8 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

See post on Ana’s forum. Delicious. 

Fabulous!!!  I love Ana.  She's so clever.  We can only hope that someone dishes all the dirty details of NutMeg's backstage meltdown to the Daily Mail.  Can't believe she isn't trying to get Ana canned.  

Speaking of getting people canned, I'm also annoyed at Sunny's sudden groveling to the very person that tried to get her ass kicked off the show.  Instead of continuing to ignore her, she now turns her way after every comment she makes.  The sudden lovefest is sickening to me.  

Whoopi will be back tomorrow and MM will tell her how much she missed her the past couple of days and Whoopie will refer to her as "baby" and the shitshow will continue.  Of course, mindless Abbey will be there to stroke her best bud's ever expanding ego.  She's another waste of space.

• Love 17