Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Jaded

Meghan McCain: "Both Sides" Wannabe Tough Chick

Recommended Posts



The fact that Meghan posts "messages" to her father on Instagram is....so sad, to say the least.  I don't doubt that she has these feelings, but she could do the same thing in a private diary and it wouldn't seem weird. She could post just the photos online, saying when and where they were taken.

She really does see the world in black and white, doesn't she?   I think her father would be the first to admit he had many faults, just like everyone else does, and you would think at 30-something years old she would realize that.

I happened be watching Reliable Sources when Robert DeNiro was on.  Speaking about a subject he's passionate about - he used an even tone of voice, clear, concise and grammatically correct sentences.  Meghan, speaking about a subject she's passionate about - raises her voice, talks a mile a minute, garbles words and sentences, and reprimands the people she's speaking to (not with).  DeNiro threw a couple of f-bombs into a sentence, and Meghan gets the vapors and says she's never done such a thing, and why aren't people getting upset about it, and oh, it must be because he's a man.

Then Meghan has to couch criticism as being criticism of "the women" on the show, in an attempt to deflect the fact that a great majority of that criticism is aimed at her, mostly because of her behavior, then her beliefs, and has next to nothing to do with the fact that she's female. 

Once in a great while, Meghan, for some unknown reason, says that it's important to have reasonable discussions about issues without calling each other names and going to your respective corners, but here she does it, dividing men and women; Friday, when she went off about Adam Schiff, she was shouting (paraphrasing),"You're Democrats.  I'm a Republican (poor forgotten Abby and Ana).  

It's really starting to get tiring and I have a feeling it's only going to get worse in the coming weeks. 

  • Like 10
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, lusinia said:

The fact that Meghan posts "messages" to her father on Instagram is....so sad, to say the least.  I don't doubt that she has these feelings, but she could do the same thing in a private diary and it wouldn't seem weird. She could post just the photos online, saying when and where they were taken.

Then how could we sympathize with her for losing her father?  She depends on her father's memory to keep her relevent.  Snort.

Hasn't Whoopi dropped an occasional f bomb on air when she gets riled?  No one, least of all Meggie, clutches their pearls over that.

  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Haleth said:

Then how could we sympathize with her for losing her father?  She depends on her father's memory to keep her relevent.  Snort.

Maybe she's trying to boost her "dealing with grief" credentials, since, as mentioned earlier in this thread, she's scheduled to be a speaker on the subject. 

That's so ironic, since I'm pretty sure people that give those kind of talks, on any number of topics, have some wisdom they've gleaned from their experience that they want to share with people.  Meghan, still in the midst of her grief, has nothing to teach anyone yet.

It's just another way to use her father's death to make herself "relevant".  She must realize, on some level, that she's only famous because of him, and doesn't have the talent, or appeal, to have a long-running career based on her own merits.  The McCain name didn't just open the door for her, it's keeping her propped up, at least for now.

  • Like 15
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, lusinia said:

That's so ironic, since I'm pretty sure people that give those kind of talks, on any number of topics, have some wisdom they've gleaned from their experience that they want to share with people.  Meghan, still in the midst of her grief, has nothing to teach anyone yet.

Yes Meghan wants applauded for dealing with her grief but she isn't dealing with her grief. She is using it to get attention and as you said relevant. She is being opportunistic and it makes her look even more desperate to continue to be known as John McCain's daughter because she knows she doesn't have anything else to offer.

  • Like 13
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, lusinia said:

Maybe she's trying to boost her "dealing with grief" credentials, since, as mentioned earlier in this thread, she's scheduled to be a speaker on the subject. 

That's so ironic, since I'm pretty sure people that give those kind of talks, on any number of topics, have some wisdom they've gleaned from their experience that they want to share with people.  Meghan, still in the midst of her grief, has nothing to teach anyone yet.

It's just another way to use her father's death to make herself "relevant".  She must realize, on some level, that she's only famous because of him, and doesn't have the talent, or appeal, to have a long-running career based on her own merits.  The McCain name didn't just open the door for her, it's keeping her propped up, at least for now.

You are right. If I wanted to attend a talk on dealing with grief, it would be given by a therapist who had helped dozens of people get through it. NOT someone who is wallowing in grief and remains stuck.

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post

19 hours ago, ginger90 said:

1EFFD208-22D4-4E11-B672-BA449017F359.jpeg

Edited by HaaCHOO · Reason: DELETED: I don't think it was political...but someone might.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

We really need to have a timeline of Meghan's life to refer to when she says Democrats have ruined her childhood (and that she was a Republican when watching The View in college. Elizabeth Hasselbeck was a role model for her!)

Born October 23, 1984

Bill and Monica full revelation Fall, 1998 (age 14)

Graduated from College 2007

Changed from Independent to Republican 2008 (gift to Dad)

 
 

Edited by springtime
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, springtime said:

Changed from Independent to Republican 2008 (gift to Dad)

I remember reading this...but also remember she's been "a lifelong Republican."

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

I remember reading this...but also remember she's been "a lifelong Republican."

Yes- She changes her life's timeline to fit the story of the day!
Her inconsistencies drive me crazy!
I'm sure others here have more information and dates to add!

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, springtime said:

Changed from Independent to Republican 2008 (gift to Dad)

How would it have looked for a Presidential candidate to have a child who isn't registered with the party he is representing? But even when she switched her registration she still presented herself as someone who wasn't conservative.  She even "wrote" a book about it. I think that Meghan was more genuine than this Meghan. Most people as they get older and have more life experiences evolve. She has regressed.

  • Like 9
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

MM said today that she didn't have a "talking point" for a subject she wasn't expecting today.  Admitting that she cannot think for herself.

  • Like 13
  • Laugh 8
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

19 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Yeah, but he didn't curse out his co-worker, did he (like she did Joy)? Or try to get him fired (like she did Sunny), keep them from being hired (like she did Ana), or banned (like she did Sherri). She perpetuates misogyny, so she can shut up with her Woe Me victim routine. I'll save my sympathy for women who don't spend all day everyday trying to tear down other women.

And I forgot how she constantly makes vile comments about Sara, Paula, and Nicolle, two of whom are still fellow ABC employees and another who worked for her father's presidential campaign.

That was really well put @TheGreenKnight. She is really raking in the BFFs lol.  She needs a sitcom on way late at night, scripted.  It could be about polotics if she wanted.  Is Murphy Brown still on?  She could be the long lost daughter. 

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, springtime said:

We really need to have a timeline of Meghan's life to refer to when she says Democrats have ruined her childhood (and that she was a Republican when watching The View in college. Elizabeth Hasselbeck was a role model for her!)

Born October 23, 1984

Bill and Monica full revelation Fall, 1998 (age 14)

Graduated from College 2007

Changed from Independent to Republican 2008 (gift to Dad)

 
 

I wonder what her viewpoints were prior to 2008 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

"Meghan is John McCain's daughter ".....we know, we know.😏

Do you know what the girl who was with Meghan does now? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

12 hours ago, TheView said:

Do you know what the girl who was with Meghan does now? 

30 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I have no idea. I didn't know what she did then.

I just took one for the team and googled her.  It was A RIDE.  I can't even just list some of the 'highlights' because there are A LOT.  She goes by the name Tornado Thien now and you can find her on Instagram where she apparently spends her days makes horrible comments about people, like calling Selena Gomez an 'ugly gremlin.'  Sounds like a charming lady. 

Edited by Cementhead
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Cementhead said:

Do you know what the girl who was with Meghan does now?

Oh Tila Tequila IS MENTAL, she makes pro Nazi comments on her Facebook and she is a vile racist now. She has kids too I believe I feel so sorry for them. 

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, jkspeaks said:

Oh Tila Tequila IS MENTAL, she makes pro Nazi comments on her Facebook and she is a vile racist now. She has kids too I believe I feel so sorry for them. 

Luckily she and Meghan aren’t connected anymore. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

4 hours ago, jkspeaks said:

https://people.com/politics/meghan-mccain-remembers-life-los-angeles-hollywood-instagram-photo/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

So is this to make her more likable? relatable? If so then it's not lol. Sis is trying too hard to make us like her. 

No wonder she likes reality shows. She lived like a Kardashian. Rich party girl to rich political pundint. I'm so impressed. 

  • Like 8
  • Laugh 4
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, jkspeaks said:

Ben Shapiro wrote this scathing article about MeAgain, and now they are besties 🙄

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

So I tortured myself and watched the interview with Ben Shapiro. She's tough!  She doesn't care what people think!  And she feels completely sorry for herself. 🤣

Seth Meyers Crying GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

  • Like 7
  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, bannana said:

Ben Shapiro wrote this scathing article about MeAgain, and now they are besties 🙄

Stupid me, I didn't include the link to the scathing article written by Ben Shapiro about Meghan.  And she weirdly says in the new interview that she never forgets and holds a grudge.  I guess, not so much.

https://www.creators.com/read/ben-shapiro/10/09/meghan-mccains-big-bust

Opinion

Meghan McCain's Big Bust

By Ben Shapiro

October 15, 2009 5 min read

Rule No. 1 for Being Taken Seriously: Don't post pictures of yourself on the Internet that are not safe for work (NSFW).

Rule No. 2 for Being Taken Seriously: Don't whine and cry when people criticize you for posting NSFW photos.

Meghan McCain doesn't know either one of these rules. But then, Meghan McCain doesn't know much of anything.

McCain is obviously not the brightest bulb in the chandelier. This is a woman who, while appearing on Bill Maher's show, explained that she knew nothing about Ronald Reagan because "I wasn't born yet." (Paul Begala, no intellectual titan himself, quickly responded that though he hadn't been around during the French Revolution, he knew something about it.) She thinks she's being deep when she states, "I am a woman who despises labels and boxes and stereotypes." We in the real world call that a cop-out.

Somehow, The Daily Beast has seen fit to give her a column — apparently in an attempt to test the scientific aphorism that a monkey with a typewriter can produce Shakespeare if given enough time. She has used that column to talk about how hip she is: She is pro-gay marriage, she has a tattoo, and she loves punk rock.

She has made a career by using her father's name to heighten her profile. She has also used her fat to heighten her profile: She famously started a flame-war with talk show host Laura Ingraham when Ingraham called her a "plus-sized model." McCain, who somehow parlayed that comment into a slot on "The View," responded by telling Ingraham to "kiss my fat ass."

In short, she's the Republican Roseanne, with slightly less charm.

So why should anyone care about Meghan McCain?

Because Meghan McCain is apparently attempting to foist her way into the public consciousness by using her two biggest assets — neither of which is her brain.

McCain posts regularly on Twitter, where she lets readers experience the deep moments of her life. Readers can expect rambling nonsense, generally about weight and celebrities. Pearls of wisdom like this come flowing off of McCain's keyboard: "I know what it feels like my weight is mocked every single time I do anything publicly, Jessica Simpson stay strong. those people r pathetic." Actually, what's pathetic is that McCain's Twitter account has over 60,000 followers.

On Wednesday, Oct. 14, 2009, in yet another attempt to appear cool to her loser followers, McCain posted something historic on her Twitter account: a shot of her barely clad breasts. It's essentially a webcam pic from MySpace. Her caption: "my 'spontaneous' night in is my Andy Warhol biography and takeout .... I'm getting old."

Honestly, I'm not sure what's more shocking: that she thinks it is cutting edge to cite Andy Warhol or that she decided that the entire world needed to see her push-up cleavage.

Naturally, this caused some consternation among her more conservative followers. McCain responded to that consternation by playing the victim: "so I took a fun picture not thinking anything about what I was wearing but apparently anything other than a pantsuit I am a slut, this is why I have been considering deleting my twitter account, what once was fun now just seems like a vessel for harassment."

Then this: "when I am alone in my apartment, I wear tank tops and sweat pants, I had no idea this makes me a ‘slut', I can't even tell you how hurt I am."

Oh, really, now. Meghan McCain may hold a double-digit IQ (barely), but there is no way she could post a photo like this for millions to see without recognizing that there would be some blowback. No one cares what she does when she is "alone in her apartment" — we only care what she does when she places her front on public display.

But should we truly be surprised by this behavior? She is an attention hog, and she is getting the attention she probably lacked at home by blabbing about her butt, her boobs and her gay friends to a slobbering media eager to discredit her father. The truth is, there's nothing to see here, except a woman desperate for the spotlight.

Ben Shapiro, 25, is a graduate of UCLA and Harvard Law School. He is the author of the new book "Project President: Bad Hair and Botox on the Road to the White House," as well as the national bestseller "Brainwashed: How Universities Indoctrinate America's Youth." To find out more about Ben Shapiro and read features by other Creators Syndicate writers and cartoonists, visit the Creators Syndicate website at www.creators.com

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 5
  • Surprise 2

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, bannana said:

Stupid me, I didn't include the link to the scathing article written by Ben Shapiro about Meghan.  And she weirdly says in the new interview that she never forgets and holds a grudge.  I guess, not so much.

https://www.creators.com/read/ben-shapiro/10/09/meghan-mccains-big-bust

Opinion

Meghan McCain's Big Bust

By Ben Shapiro

October 15, 2009 5 min read

Rule No. 1 for Being Taken Seriously: Don't post pictures of yourself on the Internet that are not safe for work (NSFW).

Rule No. 2 for Being Taken Seriously: Don't whine and cry when people criticize you for posting NSFW photos.

Meghan McCain doesn't know either one of these rules. But then, Meghan McCain doesn't know much of anything.

McCain is obviously not the brightest bulb in the chandelier. This is a woman who, while appearing on Bill Maher's show, explained that she knew nothing about Ronald Reagan because "I wasn't born yet." (Paul Begala, no intellectual titan himself, quickly responded that though he hadn't been around during the French Revolution, he knew something about it.) She thinks she's being deep when she states, "I am a woman who despises labels and boxes and stereotypes." We in the real world call that a cop-out.

Somehow, The Daily Beast has seen fit to give her a column — apparently in an attempt to test the scientific aphorism that a monkey with a typewriter can produce Shakespeare if given enough time. She has used that column to talk about how hip she is: She is pro-gay marriage, she has a tattoo, and she loves punk rock.

She has made a career by using her father's name to heighten her profile. She has also used her fat to heighten her profile: She famously started a flame-war with talk show host Laura Ingraham when Ingraham called her a "plus-sized model." McCain, who somehow parlayed that comment into a slot on "The View," responded by telling Ingraham to "kiss my fat ass."

In short, she's the Republican Roseanne, with slightly less charm.

So why should anyone care about Meghan McCain?

Because Meghan McCain is apparently attempting to foist her way into the public consciousness by using her two biggest assets — neither of which is her brain.

McCain posts regularly on Twitter, where she lets readers experience the deep moments of her life. Readers can expect rambling nonsense, generally about weight and celebrities. Pearls of wisdom like this come flowing off of McCain's keyboard: "I know what it feels like my weight is mocked every single time I do anything publicly, Jessica Simpson stay strong. those people r pathetic." Actually, what's pathetic is that McCain's Twitter account has over 60,000 followers.

On Wednesday, Oct. 14, 2009, in yet another attempt to appear cool to her loser followers, McCain posted something historic on her Twitter account: a shot of her barely clad breasts. It's essentially a webcam pic from MySpace. Her caption: "my 'spontaneous' night in is my Andy Warhol biography and takeout .... I'm getting old."

Honestly, I'm not sure what's more shocking: that she thinks it is cutting edge to cite Andy Warhol or that she decided that the entire world needed to see her push-up cleavage.

Naturally, this caused some consternation among her more conservative followers. McCain responded to that consternation by playing the victim: "so I took a fun picture not thinking anything about what I was wearing but apparently anything other than a pantsuit I am a slut, this is why I have been considering deleting my twitter account, what once was fun now just seems like a vessel for harassment."

Then this: "when I am alone in my apartment, I wear tank tops and sweat pants, I had no idea this makes me a ‘slut', I can't even tell you how hurt I am."

Oh, really, now. Meghan McCain may hold a double-digit IQ (barely), but there is no way she could post a photo like this for millions to see without recognizing that there would be some blowback. No one cares what she does when she is "alone in her apartment" — we only care what she does when she places her front on public display.

But should we truly be surprised by this behavior? She is an attention hog, and she is getting the attention she probably lacked at home by blabbing about her butt, her boobs and her gay friends to a slobbering media eager to discredit her father. The truth is, there's nothing to see here, except a woman desperate for the spotlight.

Ben Shapiro, 25, is a graduate of UCLA and Harvard Law School. He is the author of the new book "Project President: Bad Hair and Botox on the Road to the White House," as well as the national bestseller "Brainwashed: How Universities Indoctrinate America's Youth." To find out more about Ben Shapiro and read features by other Creators Syndicate writers and cartoonists, visit the Creators Syndicate website at www.creators.com

Meghan sure knows how to pick friends. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

16 hours ago, bannana said:

So I tortured myself and watched the interview with Ben Shapiro. She's tough!  She doesn't care what people think!  And she feels completely sorry for herself. 🤣

Seth Meyers Crying GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Typical MM, I found myself rolling my eyes alot watching that interview. 

  • Like 7
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

She's still counting the days.   

I've had people in my family die.  I can miss them without going on social media to say how many days (I don't count, so I have no idea how many)  just to get replies saying how great the person was and how they empathize with me.  I don't get it.   It's OK to grieve, to feel sad.  posting it on a public twitter account is just asking for attention.

  • Like 21
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

Yup.  It's all about her at this point.  The irony is that the longer she goes on with her pity party, the less people will sympathize.

You want to honor your dad, Meg?  Write a book, do a speaking tour, do some charitable service in his name, start an organization to help vets.  Posting boo hoo pics on Instagram isn't honoring his memory.  It's self serving.

Meghan wants all the glory of being John McCain's daughter without actually having to do anything. Without his name and (her mother's money) it's a safe bet she would not have went to Columbia University or gotten any job she's ever had. She is hellbent on continuing to reap the benefits of her last name. Out of all her siblings she is the only one who has made a name for herself by using her dad's name. I don't know her brother's and sisters and they aren't in the public eye but I really doubt they go around saying "my father" constantly.

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Haleth said:

Yup.  It's all about her at this point.  The irony is that the longer she goes on with her pity party, the less people will sympathize.

You want to honor your dad, Meg?  Write a book, do a speaking tour, do some charitable service in his name, start an organization to help vets.  Posting boo hoo pics on Instagram isn't honoring his memory.  It's self serving.

But then she'll be DENIED "talking" her GRIEF! She'll whine about how it's TABOO!!!!!! It's all about HER Grief. HER feelings. In the famous meme by Jan Brady, it's "MEGHAN! MEGHAN! MEGHAN!"

  • Like 8
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
helenamonster

You may only post about political topics as they relate to the current discussion on the show. Items from hosts' social media, speculation about their opinion on current political events, etc. are not allowed and will result in disciplinary measures.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size