Type keyword(s) to search

Meghan McCain: "Both Sides" Wannabe Tough Chick

Jaded
Message added by helenamonster

You may only post about political topics as they relate to the current discussion on the show. Items from hosts' social media, speculation about their opinion on current political events, etc. are not allowed and will result in disciplinary measures.

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, Homily said:

Absolutely agree.  We lost my beautiful younger sister just before Christmas last year and it's been a revelation to me how differently various family members have coped with her death in the last months.  Some of us, at least externally, have "moved on", others are still grieving to the point where I am concerned that they are going to need help as they seem to be slipping into depression.  Mostly we're managing and I am proud to say none of us spend hours on FB posting memes about it - that said I shouldn't really say that because if that's how someone is coping well, that's how they're coping!   Anyway bottom line there is no one right way to grieve.  There just isn't.

I agree that there is no one right way to grieve; and like I said before, I don't mind Meghan posting those T + whatever number of days photos. There is however a wrong way to grieve. Using your grief as an excuse to be abusive towards others, especially your coworkers, is wrong. It is something both good and bad people do. The difference is good people will usually feel some sense of shame, embarrassment, guilt or regret for their actions and then course correct. It's been two years since Sen. McCain's diagnosis and Meghan has yet to course correct. I'm pretty sure I know the reason why.

• Love 9

I felt bad for Meghan today, which is new for me. She was clearly grieving her aunt, but had to show up lest she be accused of whimping out on comforting Junior. Tough position. It was actually really sweet at the end when she thanked her co-hosts. 

Edited by DB in CMH
  • Love 9
13 minutes ago, DB in CMH said:

I felt bad for Meghan today, which is new for me. She was clearly grieving her aunt, but had to show up lest she be accused of whimping out on comforting Junior. Tough position. It was actually really sweet at the end when she thanked her co-hosts. 

Ditto. You could see the sadness in her eyes. I liked her thanking the other ladies too.

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, DB in CMH said:

Yeah she was in very bad spot.  Im sorry Megs.  Was she Mom or Dads side? Sending my best.  To be on topic, omg she has to quit with the  Mister this or that.  I was good until she hit it out with 'Mr Trump'.  I could see yes for some one elder, or most ppl you find in a service uniform, military or civil, most doctors.  DjTj's FATHER for crying out loud.  DJTJ....no..  i couldnt even tell what she asked next after that.  Was that when the GF wept for the Mccain family? 

6 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Ditto. You could see the sadness in her eyes. I liked her thanking the other ladies too.

Ditto xs 2. 

• Love 2
On 10/31/2019 at 8:26 PM, falltime said:

I think they discovered the sardonic side that they have in common.  And new Besties began!!  Dont worry, still quick to cut each others throat at the drop of a hat hee.  But a new twisted side in common was discovered. A twisted mutual respect.  I think they both would agree heehee.  Joy has called herself twisted before, though dont ask me when, i dont know..and MM, good gawd, go no further LOL.  Still if this is a peace accord, i will take it! 

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, DB in CMH said:

I wonder if this was a sudden death.  It sounds like it.  Im sorry Megs.  It has hit her very hard.

• Love 3

The aunt who died was John McCain's older sister, Alexandra AKA Sandy, age 85. Cindy McCain announced the death, adding that she died "peacefully." She didn't mention unexpected, after a long illness, etc.

I read this in an article in the Arizona Republic but I'm not linking it because I have no idea what we're allowed to post anymore.

• Useful 4
  • Love 6

Cindy McCain posted on twitter - "Sandy Morgan sister to John S McCain passed those morning. There are together again."

Sigh.

ETA -  spelling correct.  Probably just me but I would call her my SIL and MM should have said something about this aunt, a daughter of her great grandmother that has has too many deaths in her family.

Edited by maggiemae
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Tammee said:

Was she Mom or Dads side?

(I got to an ad and thought I had scrolled to the end of the page, so I missed seeing the earlier posts answering this question.)
Edited by lusinia

To me, MM came off as heavily tranquilized  medicated. The way she was just sitting there stoicly, staring off into space, was almost comical to me. Her only question to DJTJR was said in such a soft, meek voice, which sounded weird coming out of her. Then after the interview, the others are talking about school hours and MM butts in with something along the lines of, "can I just say how nice it is working with you ladies." First of all, stay on subject. Second of all, you have said before how stressful it is working on The View. 

I know her aunt died, but I really think her personality change was due to being  medicated so that she could deal with DJTJR.

I also think she's a-scared of DJT's backlash.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Blissfool said:

I know her aunt died, but I really think her personality change was due to being  medicated so that she could deal with DJTJR.

I also think she's a-scared of DJT's backlash.

I thought the same thing. I understand her being sad about her aunt dying but her demeanor was subdued. Like yes in fact she had been medicated.  

• Love 2
2 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

I thought the same thing. I understand her being sad about her aunt dying but her demeanor was subdued. Like yes in fact she had been medicated.  

Her voice was quite literally breaking up at points. 

Who wouldn't have a subdued demeanor after the death of a relative?

I understand the Meghan dislike (and revel in it lots), but she's not a robot.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, Blissfool said:

To me, MM came off as heavily tranquilized  medicated.

4 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

I thought the same thing.

One thing occurred to me as I was watching them replay on CNN this morning the segment where she first asked Don Jr. a question.  Her demeanor was very similar to what it was when she spoke at her father's funeral.  Afterwards, there was a lot of praise for her in the press.  I thought she was behaving the same way during yesterday's interview because she knew it would receive a lot of coverage, and she wanted to show that same side of herself that many in the general public, who were otherwise unfamiliar with her, admired so much last year.

I hadn't even thought of her being medicated, but after reading your two posts, I think that's right.  Remember how much she was sobbing at the pre-funeral events?  But she made it through the eulogy without crying.  Now, I suspect she was medicated then as well.  She may be one of those people who gets very weepy over the death of anyone she's close to.  I bet she was medicated yesterday so she could make it through the show without crying. 

Edited by lusinia
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10
9 minutes ago, DB in CMH said:

I don't think any of us thought she was being robotic.  The way she acted yesterday and I'm not criticizing her for it, was very different from how she normally acts. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, DB in CMH said:

Her voice was quite literally breaking up at points. 

Who wouldn't have a subdued demeanor after the death of a relative?

Ditto. She annoys me in a way very few people on the shows I watch do. I don’t really “hate watch.” But I do think she’s a human with a heart, and she is a sensitive person despite her “wannabe tough chick” schtick. It made me sad seeing her in pain yesterday. 

• Love 1

I still don't understand why Meghan got the award instead of one of her brothers, her brothers-in-law, her sister-in-law or her niece, who are either veterans or currently serving in the military.

• Love 16

MM is going through her grief and posted tonight on twitter "Everyones (sic) Father (sic) is important and I respect that. But mine just happened to be an American icon"......blah, blah.... she doesn't "deserve this unkind criticism."

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
41 minutes ago, maggiemae said:

MM is going through her grief and posted tonight on twitter "Everyones (sic) Father (sic) is important and I respect that. But mine just happened to be an American icon"......blah, blah.... she doesn't "deserve this unkind criticism."

Oh, man.  I looked up her tweets, and first, she is telling someone to be kind while she is being less than kind herself (and she's going out of her way to respond, on her personal twitter page, to someone's tweet from The View's twitter page, not her own).

She says, "You know what - this is deeply insensitive and I am sick of this garbage". 

She says she "does the absolute best I can...Do not judge my grief, my pain, and my love for my family."

She finishes by saying, "Oh, yeah, I do it every single day on television."  Well, that's the whole problem right there.

The tweet that set her off - "Sorry for her loss, but this is getting really old.  Other people's father's died.  They were important too."

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, maggiemae said:

She really said her father was an American icon? I think she is excessively grieving because she isn't being treated like an American icon.

• Love 11

Meggie is obsessed with her father's death.  I feel sorry for John's mom for having to bury two children (wasn't it his sister that died last week?).  Meggie knows she would be working overnight at Wal-Mart if it wasn't for her father because most people wouldn't put up with her dramatics. 

• Love 12
8 hours ago, maggiemae said:

Wow.  Way to be sympathetic to others, Meg.  How dismissive is that?  She's saying no one can grieve as she does unless their loved one is an icon. 

5 hours ago, lusinia said:

Do not judge my grief, my pain, and my love for my family."

But she just did with her callous remark.

• Love 14
25 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Wow.  Way to be sympathetic to others, Meg.  How dismissive is that?  She's saying no one can grieve as she does unless their loved one is an icon. 

She lost her elderly father who was sick with brain cancer. She knew he was going to die. How is her grief any more important than a people who have lost a child? Or people who have lost their spouse? Or a child who loses their parent? 

At this point her grief has become less about her father and more about her. Her treating grief like it's some sort of contest that can be won by who is grieving more for a more important person is ridiculous and disgusting.

• Love 23
7 hours ago, Lisa418722 said:

Meggie knows she would be working overnight at Wal-Mart if it wasn't for her father because most people wouldn't put up with her dramatics. 

She's never had to work and never will thanks to her mother's side of the family.  

Edited by HaaCHOO
  • Love 13
8 hours ago, Lisa418722 said:

I feel sorry for John's mom for having to bury two children (wasn't it his sister that died last week?).  

So do I.  It was John's 85 year old sister who died last week.

It was so nice today for Meegun to be absent when Jeff Goldblum was at the table. She may have screeched herself hoarse during the previous segments.  It would be good if TPTB pulled her from the stage whenever she talks 2X more than her cohosts.  And she says she will be off Magnitskying (not fired nor abducted by aliens) for the rest of the week !!!

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
32 minutes ago, lusinia said:

I wonder if Meghan watches This Is Us.  On tonight's episode, the character played by Jennifer Morrison says something to Kevin about her father that indicates he served in the military.  Kevin says, "I didn't know your father was in the military", to which she replies, "Not all of us talk about our dead dad all the time".  I  immediately thought of Meghan and just had to laugh. 

I was just about to come here and post the same thing! Lol man she was extra extra defensive today 

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
On 11/12/2019 at 6:56 AM, Haleth said:

But she just did with her callous remark.

Eek. I’m one who’s no fan of hers but has defended her now and then when it comes to her father just because I know I’d be a mess if I lost mine. Even if he’s not an “American icon.” She should have really known better than to have tweeted that. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

The actual video isn't bad, really, but oh my hell in the gif she looks like a grumpy drunk who is close to passing out and can hardly lift herself off the table. LOL.

I never noticed before how jerky her movements are, how stiff and brittle her body gets sometimes.

Edited by suomi
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/meghan-mc-cain-says-the-view-criticism-is-fueled-by-sexism-130006444.html

Why do they keep interviewing her?

From the article

“I think a lot of ‘The View’ viewers think that I’m just this like ice queen, steel b**ch, that’s like shooting guns and drinking and being crazy,” she says.

We think that Meghan because you keep telling us that.

And she’s proud of it!

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

He always looks like he is puffing up and is clenched.

Definitely!

I have always thought this too. 

I believe he is mightily sucking in his gut and holding it and his breath for the photographer to snap the pix. 

Gotta watch those alcohol carbs. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6