Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E04: The Public Shaming Of Melissa

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, esco1822 said:

I think there is less than a 0% chance that Dolores said anything about Teresa to Danielle. Dolores has plenty of reason, based on her relationships with the Guidices/Gorgas and the Manzos, to not trust or like Danielle.  I think she's been treading VERY lightly around Danielle thus far on purpose because of all that history.  She may not be the smartest but I think in her world, there's way more importance placed on loyalty. Whether or not she thinks Tre is all about money, Danielle is the last person she'd say it to. She's right, Tre, and everyone else for that matter, should be really careful with Danielle. Trusting Danielle needs to be earned, it should not  be implicit. Danielle is batshit, we all know it.  We're all waiting for it to really come out. Yes Dolores's reaction was over the top but this is Jersey so it should be expected. Again back to loyalty, she sees it as a betrayal that someone she knows so well for so long would believe Danielle over her. 

Unrelated, that restaurant is 15 minutes from my house. Under the old owners, I really enjoyed the food. Once I saw the name Gorga's over the door, I refused to go again. There's not a lot of signage anyway so you wouldn't know it was there until you were right in front of it. It's on the side of a busy-ish strip mall with a Best Buy (completely at the other end), Michaels and a bunch of other places including at least 4 other places to eat. I think it's been multiple other restaurants in the past so I wouldn't expect it to last too long anyway. 

I totally agree. There is no way in hell that Delores would say something like that to Danielle of all people. 

• Love 13
9 hours ago, Steff said:

My brother's bday is this weekend, we're meeting in a restaurant Friday night & I'm making & bringing a candy cake there.  Now I wanna throw cake. 

DO IT...DOOO ITTTT....tm  Jacq Laurita

• Love 2

Deluded and Shiddy from last season are definitely PRO Jacqueline and Anti Melissa & Teresa. More so, anti Melissa as the restaurant scene with Jacqueline telling Melissa she was fake as fuck. Both left Vermont a trip for "Teresa" because of the Robyn/Jacqueline fight. Jacqueline also went at Melissa because she was not allowed to mention her son "wrestling". Both ran after Jacqueline during the scene in another restaurant with Teresa/Jacqueline. Shiddy knows how these women are when she took the silverware off the tables before the meet and yet she's appalled by cake tossing.

All of this the anti-Melissa, anti-Margaret, anti-Danielle sentiment is their Jacqueline MO of trying to separate Teresa from the group to keep to themselves.

Danielle - I don't know what she did for "work/money" while off this show, but I also don't believe that Deluded has ever held down a job. I do not believe she works at or manages the gym. It was a way of using her HW role to advertise her exes business. I remember last season, the ladies going over to her house and she had all of these bills/mail that she doesn't even bother looking at - she leaves it to the ex to view.

She bothers me less than Shiddy, but I agree with Ghoulina, Deluded is shady as fuck

#TeamDanielle

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

All of this the anti-Melissa, anti-Margaret, anti-Danielle sentiment is their Jacqueline MO of trying to separate Teresa from the group to keep to themselves.

I have to disagree with at least part of this. The anti-Danielle sentiment stands alone. I don't think it has anything to do with Dolores trying to separate Teresa from the group as it does that she thinks Danielle is shady as f*ck.  Dolores is VERY close to the (Caroline) Manzo family so Danielle's antics are not new to her. I think she was genuinely annoyed that Danielle was back and genuinely concerned that Danielle was trying to stir up shit probably to keep herself on the show. She talked about her closeness with the cast on her first stint on WWHL:

"The WWHL host immediately asked Dolores to rank her friendships with the RHONJ ladies — specifically, two current and two former 'Wives: Teresa Giudice, Caroline Manzo, Dina Manzo, and Jacqueline Laurita. It was a tough question, but Dolores kept cool under pressure. "We're all great friends. Dina, I haven't spoken to in a very long time," she said before stating that Teresa and Jacqueline share a spot in the middle and Caroline gets top position, citing their unique relationship. "Caroline's in a spot of her own because she's like a mentor to me and we're in a different friendship," she explained. "We're close."

If anything is driving the anti-Danielle sentiment, it's based on the shared history all the Manzos, Tre and Jac had with the "Prostitution Whore." (Flips table)

• Love 6

The whole restaurant story line is very sketchy to me.  Teresa had a very dumb look on her face when Melissa tried to talk to her about the fact that Joe bought the restaurant and didn't tell her.   Bad acting.

Teresa obviously had discussed with Joe, and probably Melissa, buying this restaurant for their parents.

Then the parents died.  Melissa may not like the idea or even want to be there, but is forced to because of the show.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

On the RHONY there was a lot of discussion about Tinsley cutting her hair and her penchant for outdated (out-aged) barrel curls. Last night I was noticing that Soggy has very long hair and she too had barrel curls. If age and restyling is a factor there, what are we thinking about Siggy's same choice? 

I think they could ALL (with the exception of perhaps Melissa and Margaret who has her own hair issues) do with less hair, less extensions and weaves, and a good, stylish haircut.   They all are sporting dated hair looks.  

That said... 

In a side note, did anyone else feel like Siggy's purse party was more of a drag queen convention  between all the excessive plastic surgery and make up? They sure know how to apply make up with a paint brush. Not that I want to be insulting to drag queens, I like drag queens. But some of those women looked like they should have been at a costume party, not a cocktail party. 

.... they still all look better and fresher than 95% of the women at that party.  Good lord.  That was a real Fright Fest.  

• Love 4
54 minutes ago, CaughtOnTape said:

Siggy's display at that party was ridiculous and I really cannot stand people who need the validation from others to be pissed off.  Dragging her other guests into it was unnecessary and stupid and if I were Melissa I would've explained to her that she can have the entire world agree with her and it wouldn't matter to me, I still think she over reacted.  If you can't make your argument without some type of "I'm not the only one who feels that way" bullshit then you need to step back and keep your mouth shut.  Not that I'm shocked, Siggy has had Delores over there fanning the flames since this started.  Had no one paid a bit of attention to her she'd have gotten over it 4 episodes ago.

Yes, I can't believe a grown woman who is an author and gives relationship advice would act that way!  It was appalling.  Plus she did not give a full explanation of the cake throwing event, so that negates anyone who agreed with her. Look, I think throwing the cake was gauche and I wouldn't want to be around that, but if you factor in that they were in a small private area, had eaten their fill of the cake, and were trying to cut loose after dealing with the death of Tre's mom, I can give them a break.  Siggy takes things to a whole new level.  She is rude, abusive, and unable to let things go.  I wish Melissa had said to her "way to be supportive of other women" while she laid on the floor like a fool.  Siggy's actions in a public restaurant and at the party were far worse than what Tre and Melissa did.  She's a screeching shrew and I can't stand her.  She uses tears to manipulate situations in her favor.  She even did it to her poor son.  And what were those strange comments??  I feel for her son because people are going to say things about those creepy comments she made.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, Normades said:

Yes, I can't believe a grown woman who is an author and gives relationship advice would act that way! 

Bingo!! 

2 minutes ago, Normades said:

She uses tears to manipulate situations in her favor

Not a good look on a grown up woman, not to mention that she needs to practice what she preaches. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I think Siggy looks rediculous with those long extensions

They all look ridiculous. Danielle, Delores and Siggy all have obvious extensions. Not sure about Tre and Melissa's hair is almost normal, when compared to the others. Don't get me started on pigtail girl. I don't understand the obsession with long hair to the point where you get extra hair sewn or glued in. It's bizarre. 

• Love 7
4 hours ago, ghoulina said:

can see some real cracks in the Tre-Melissa friendship. They're back to taking passive aggressive shots at each other. FTR, I don't think what Mel said about the kids was a dig. I think she genuinely thought she was trying to help. But Tre always gets so damn defensive. If you're close with someone, you should be able to take constructive criticism from them. I actually really like when they're getting along. SO I hope things don't continue to derail. Especially for the kids. Poor Milania seems to really be suffering. I just want good things for those girls. 

I didn’t think Melissa was taking a shot at Teresa either.  I think she was sincere.  Never been a huge Melissa fan but I felt bad for her this episode.  Joe buys a restaurant without telling here, and then she finds he did manage to tell his sister.  I would have been livid.  Then, it seemed like Teresa was taking shots at her about being a waitress, only showing up on weekends - what was that all about (other than payback for M’s comments about her kids).

Then she Is embarrassed  by that idiot Siggy at the purse party.  

Line of the night goes to Joe Gorga “I thought all this was over.”. 

• Love 15
Just now, mwell345 said:

I didn’t think Melissa was taking a shot at Teresa either.  I think she was sincere.  Never been a huge Melissa fan but I felt bad for her this episode.  Joe buys a restaurant without telling here, and then she finds he did manage to tell his sister.  I would have been livid.  Then, it seemed like Teresa was taking shots at her about being a waitress, only showing up on weekends - what was that all about (other than payback for M’s comments about her kids).

The cynical part of me thinks that Melissa and Tre cooked up this "fight" as a means to bring the drama this season. They are both howives vets and they know that the franchise has suffered in the last couple seasons. They know the way to make it interesting is to amp up the drama. I think they got together and said let's dig at each other. You can almost see that they are just playing. Danielle got another shot at being a howife and she is going to shitstir to keep her place. 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

RHZ, although I find it ok to snark on these people who put themselves on reality shows, I would never personally attack or criticize you and I apologize if I brought up bad memories or hurtful thoughts. It could be her injections but I will kindly leave the subject alone now. 

Please don't worry, I was mostly teasing you!  Thank you so much for this wonderful response though. :-)

• Love 4
56 minutes ago, esco1822 said:

that she thinks Danielle is shady as f*ck.  Dolores is VERY close to the (Caroline) Manzo family so Danielle's antics are not new to her. I think she was genuinely annoyed that Danielle was back and genuinely concerned that Danielle was trying to stir up shit probably to keep herself on the show.

Yup. This has always been Danielle's way, stir shit up and then sit there with a smirk while everyone else blows up around you.

Danielle manipulation 101 -

Make a statement that didn't need to be said in the first place just to start shit.

Remain calm and smirk while everyone around you loses their shit.  When you realize you might get called out on your shit create a diversion such as running out of the room to see who follows.

Cry pretend tears feigning hurt feelings and the need to go home immediately to further separate the group and give no one a further chance to calm down and reasonably discuss the shit you just needlessly started at someone else's event.

Cement your spot on a reality show for another season.

I tried to like Siggy and I tried to see her side on the cake throwing thing but I just can't anymore after seeing her embarrass Melissa like that. Know what Siggy was doing? She was putting on a side show for her other friends that she invited to the party. See me? I'm on TV!!  She knows that all of her friends will go home and talk about her and the tv show taping party they were invited to and every party after Siggy can bring it up again and again.  I honestly think she just used Melissa because she was there and an easy target and she knew she wouldn't fight back.

Edited by citychic
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

On the RHONY there was a lot of discussion about Tinsley cutting her hair and her penchant for outdated (out-aged) barrel curls. Last night I was noticing that Soggy has very long hair and she too had barrel curls. If age and restyling is a factor there, what are we thinking about Siggy's same choice? 

Wait.  Hold up.  

Tinsley Mortimer?  She joined RHONY?????????  

Please excuse me while I go trot on over to the RHONY message board to see what this is about.  

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Shangrilala said:

Wait.  Hold up.  

Tinsley Mortimer?  She joined RHONY?????????  

Please excuse me while I go trot on over to the RHONY message board to see what this is about.  

The very one. There is a lot of discussion about her needed to update from her girlish clothing choices and her long barrel curls. This past season was very enjoyable. 

Sorry for going OT. 

• Love 2

.... they still all look better and fresher than 95% of the women at that party.  Good lord.  That was a real Fright Fest.  

I noticed that Teresa looked a million times better in her scenes at home than she did all done up for parties or THs. Still more makeup than I wear even to go out but the event looks were so, so overdone to the point of doing the opposite of makeup's actual job!

The cynical part of me thinks that Melissa and Tre cooked up this "fight" as a means to bring the drama this season. They are both howives vets and they know that the franchise has suffered in the last couple seasons. They know the way to make it interesting is to amp up the drama. I think they got together and said let's dig at each other. You can almost see that they are just playing. Danielle got another shot at being a howife and she is going to shitstir to keep her place. 

It kind of just struck me as that kind of run-of-the-mill bickering that typically happens only between people who are already comfortable with each other--at least as compared to previous seasons. And it did seem like Melissa was actually attempting to offer Teresa a compliment along with the criticism/advice--that Teresa tries to be an engaged and tolerant mom, but maybe it's sneaking into doormat territory.

As for this restaurant, Melissa shouldn't even have to work there; she has a business. Speaking of restaurants, that one they had lunch in was two minutes from my office in the opposite direction that Joe's place is. Maybe I will get my chance someday soon to see these people out in the wild!

Make a statement that didn't need to be said in the first place just to start shit.

Yeah! She kept saying that Dolores didn't tell Teresa what she (Dolores) said, so she (Danielle) would have to. If Dolores did say that, why on earth would she then go to Teresa and say, "Oh by the way, just so you know, the other day I said this random thing to Danielle"?

Siggy is a lot older than Tinsley and her extensions are practically down to her waist. Absurd. Why can't they do shoulder length hair? 

I feel like some arbitrary age limit on hair is absurd.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I've definitely found Melissa to be shady at times, but this wasn't one of them. Tre sort of seemed to be complaining. And, often, when our friends our family complain, we offer ideas or solutions. It's the natural way of a conversation. Mel also may have thought that since they've gotten closer now, she could be a bit more candid with her SIL. I didn't see her saying it in an insulting way. I thought she acknowledged WHY Tre might be giving the girls more leeway right now, but was trying to back her up and tell her to keep strong. 

I wish Tre would have just said something. "I know you probably didn't mean it, but that came off like you were criticizing my parenting, and I'm feeling pretty insecure about that right now, with Joe gone". I really don't think Mel meant to be rude, and if it was just addressed right away, they might have been able to move on. Now I'm worried about weeks of passive aggressive digs and tension building. These people can't communicate to save their lives!

I love that too. He needs to feel important and needed right now. 

Here's a different idea - what if Dolores said it, just not to Danielle? I just really think Dolores did say it - based on her OTT reaction, and then the way she manipulated the conversation to be about Danielle and not her. However, you do make a valid point that it's unlikely Dolores would say it TO Danielle. What if it was overheard? What if Danielle's boyfriend really was helping out Frankie and he overheard Dolores say it to Frank Sr. or something? What if it got back to her 3rd hand? But she didn't want to throw anyone under the bus, so she just said SHE heard it? 

Also, I don't necessarily think Tre trusts Danielle. I think she's just having a light, casual friendship with her. Tre is known for putting a wall up even with people who have been pretty close to her. I don't think she's going to let Danielle in. I think she's just trying to keep things mellow, given their history, and would maybe rather Danielle be her friend than her enemy. 

I agree with this.  I think Dolores probably does think that of Tre and might have said so to someone who told Danielle and she's RUNNING with it.  Part truth, part lie = combustive behavior and drammmmma.

I think Dolores has been a good friend to Tre, but she also knows how difficult her friend can be.  We heard Dolores say what Caroline has said in the past: "I've put my own reputation on the line being a good friend to Teresa", etc.

• Love 3

What Siggy did to Melissa is one of the lowest class things I’ve seen on a HW show. It’s one thing to have blowouts, screaming matches, hair pulling, table flipping inside the show universe and quite another thing to embarrass another adult in public like that.  For the same reason, I can understand why Teresa was bothered by Melissa pointing out a (true) parenting flaw although I don’t find Teresa’s kids to be too badly behaved. The younger ones seem to like attention but “bad” kids, nope, don’t see it  

I don’t believe for one minute that Melissa didn’t know about the restaurant.  Neither are good enough actors that they pulled off that conversation convincingly. 

• Love 6

I have only two things to say. Granted, I had other things, but everyone else has already covered all my points so well.

Siggy lying on the floor and screaming about being vindicated ("That's ALL I WANTED!") would have sent me rocketing into the atmosphere if it'd been aimed at me as it was at Melissa. And Siggy still thinks she's a relationship expert? *my eyes roll so hard it gives me a headache*

Also, until a couple of months ago, my hair was hip-length. I'm nearly seventy years old. I had no extensions, no colouring, no extensive styling. I had to cut it to my shoulders after an accident. I expect it to be hip-length again in a few years, if I live that long. I don't mind long hair on older women as long as it suits them. I think it suits a few of the various Ho-wives. Others, not so much.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Okay. I cannot stand Siggy. She is awful. She is a loud, obnoxious, self-involved, attention-seeking narcissist. But....I just want to say - small voice - I think Dolores may be worse. 

Hear me out. Everyone thinks Dolores is just Siggy's yes-woman. But I think she's so much more. I think this woman is low key shady as hell. First example - look at how happy Siggy was after her meeting with Margaret. She was telling Dolores how Margaret showed a "human side" and realized how "sensitive" Siggy was and was going to try and be more aware of that. And first thing Dolores says isn't, "I'm happy you guys made up" or "I'm glad to see you're feeling better about things". No. It's, "I don't trust her". And next thing you know, Siggy is back to talking smack about Margaret. 

Fast forward to the end of the episode and the stuff with Danielle. Danielle tells everyone that Dolores was shit talking Tre. And I believe it. Look how OTT Dolores's reaction was. If she hadn't said it, she could just laugh it off and roll her eyes. But she went Defcon 4 - "You're a fucking scumbag!!!!" Then, watch how she suddenly turned the topic of conversation from whether or not she said those things, to - "why is Danielle back?" She's going on and on about the past and how Danielle must be here to get revenge on Tre. She becomes so overdramatic - "Teresa, I'm afraid for you." And no one is thinking about that money-lover conversation any more, I can tell you that. 

Yea, Dolores is a snake and I don't trust her. At least Siggy's craziness is right out there on front street. 

I can see some real cracks in the Tre-Melissa friendship. They're back to taking passive aggressive shots at each other. FTR, I don't think what Mel said about the kids was a dig. I think she genuinely thought she was trying to help. But Tre always gets so damn defensive. If you're close with someone, you should be able to take constructive criticism from them. I actually really like when they're getting along. SO I hope things don't continue to derail. Especially for the kids. Poor Milania seems to really be suffering. I just want good things for those girls. 

And I don't like Tre having to pry into Milania's emails with her dad. Let her have something just for her. 

Poor Gorga Sr. I think he may want to go back to being lonely in his old house. 

I totally agree with u! One thing about mel/tre thing, melissa should of known that any little comment/helpful critisicm would put tre OTT especially about her "dwauughtas" lol hence why kathy is not on the show anymore. I think tre always overeacts to everything, but melissa knows thats how she is. 

"I wanna be the hostess" lol her smirk was priceless...she knew damn well that was gonna piss her off too lol! But im with meliss on this one...if my husband is buying a restaurant...and his sister is "partnering" up, i dont want to do the dirty work sweating in the kitchen, i wanna go in on Fri & Sat and drink wine and mingle with the clients...lol 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, TattleTeeny said:

feel like some arbitrary age limit on hair is absurd.

I agree. I don't care how long hair is. It needs to be healthy. No matter your age. A lot of these women look like scarecrows, their hair is so dried out and nasty. I don't care how old they are, there's no excuse for these rat's nests. 

Kyle on BH has always had long hair and it seems so healthy. That's the difference. 

• Love 8

Sometimes, out in the real world, I notice that the people with the longest hair on their heads are also the people with the roughest-looking hair. Now, I really don't care what the hell you do with it but I wonder why one would want more "bad" hair than less. Eh, who the hell knows--people do get attached to hair. But whatever--I am sure that mine is downright wrong to many: too long for my oh-so-advanced age and an unnatural silver-purple color to boot! Plus, this shit gets frizzy and tangled at the drop of a pin...or one solitary drop of rain, for that matter. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I think Siggy looks rediculous with those long extensions.

I actually thought that was Siggy's real hair?  Because it's so limp and lifeless.  I would think with extensions her hair would look better and more full of body (a la Teresa and Dolores).

On 10/25/2017 at 10:46 PM, swankie said:

I truly hope they're not going to make Teresa and Melissa feud again.  I'm really enjoying them being friends because I believe family should be close, even in-laws.  I have a sister-in-law who gets to me sometimes too but I try to keep a good relationship with her because I don't want to alienate my brother. 

My feeling is that Teresa and Melissa will never be close.  It goes too deep and too far back - well before the show came along.  What they have going now is out of necessity and not authenticity, IMO.  As difficult as Teresa can be, I believe her when she talks about how Melissa and Joe hooked up.  I don't think Melissa ever really fell in love with Joe in the way she professes.  She was after the lifestyle mostly and Joe was palatable.  This is at the root of their unfortunate relationship.  They got off on a bad foot from the very beginning and it just kept going.  They'll never be truely  close because a) Melissa isn't authentic where Joe is concerned and b) trust is lacking as a result.   

On 10/25/2017 at 10:53 PM, Maire said:

What did Danielle do for money since she was last on the show? Certainly not a real job. 

I've been wondering this too!  

On 10/25/2017 at 10:58 PM, swankie said:

Didn't her daughter get picked up by a modeling agency not long after her season?  I remember her daughter being really beautiful.  Danielle has probably been living off of her or being her "Mamager" tm Sheree Whitfield.

I recall reading the same thing, but I don't think she's modeling anymore.   I read she's graduating college with a 4.0 and is a double major in sociology and psychology. 

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

I think they could ALL (with the exception of perhaps Melissa and Margaret who has her own hair issues) do with less hair, less extensions and weaves, and a good, stylish haircut.   They all are sporting dated hair looks.  

Totally agree!  Remember when Tre came home from being at college?  I thought her hair looked great!  It was obviously shorter and thinner, but it fit her.  This horses mane she has going on now is way over the top.  Same with Dolores, although I appreciate the fact that Dolores doesn't always have to be "made up" in all her scenes.  I think she is the only HW who goes without or with very little makeup in a lot of scenes.  Melissa's hair is the only one that I like and if it's not her own it looks great and natural.

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

I agree. I don't care how long hair is. It needs to be healthy. No matter your age. A lot of these women look like scarecrows, their hair is so dried out and nasty. I don't care how old they are, there's no excuse for these rat's nests. 

Kyle on BH has always had long hair and it seems so healthy. That's the difference. 

100%!!! Her shit is flawless! Ive always thought kyle resembles demi moore...but i think kyle is aging much better than demi! Lol 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, mytmo said:

Mean Girl Party!!!

If I was Melissa after Siggy's ridiculous display I would've said loudly "Just look how far I can throw one of these ugly purses!"  Grab a drink and some appetizers and walk out.

Danielle is lying in wait ready to strike.  Delores needs to sleep with one eye open.  She's no match and neither is Siggy.  Please let there be a takedown of the 2 screaming me mees!

nooo, Melissa is too classy for that. That's why she's my favorite on the show. She'll always be a lady in any situation. 

18 hours ago, swankie said:

I truly hope they're not going to make Teresa and Melissa feud again.  I'm really enjoying them being friends because I believe family should be close, even in-laws.  I have a sister-in-law who gets to me sometimes too but I try to keep a good relationship with her because I don't want to alienate my brother.  At the end of the day, she's family and if he loves her, I like her!  No, I'm kidding, I love her too.  LOL!  Anyway, I just hope they're not angling for another Gorga against Giudice season.

I something to do with her not being brought onto the show in earlier seasons.  Maybe she thinks Teresa should have pushed for her to be a housewife as her best friend in the beginning.  Plus, she is wedged up Siggy's ass no matter how much she claims she's not.  I'm with Teresa and Joe.  If we've been friends since we were kids, why are you so loyal to someone you've only known for a year?  Something isn't right with Delores.  And what's with her new boyfriend being ok with her living with her ex husband?  Everything about Delores is off if you ask me.  I just think her and her ex are a couple of flaming famewhores!  There, I said it.  Haven't used that word in years.

Someone up-line said Dolores is friends with Caroline Manzo and if true that would explain it.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Siggy is an idiot for pulling that stunt, (talk about going against everything she probably writes about in her books),

Her career as a self-help guru is history.  One can't pull a 'do as I say, not as I do' in that market.

ETA:  I am hoping against all hope that Siggy is watching every single second of every single episode with honest people who will tell her she's destroyed what was left of her career by her actions on this show.  She is coming off as a very needy, very neurotic individual.  Who is going to want to take advice from someone like that?  Seriously.

Edited by b2H
  • Love 9

Siggy is easily the worst hostess in HW history. She goes out of her way to humiliate her guests, they leave early and in a huff. Her son needs to get away from her. I can't even imagine the hell that she must put her kids through on a daily basis.

Danielle has a shady past on this show but that doesn't mean that she's lying now. Dolores's reaction was so OTT and insane that I think I believe Danielle's side of it. The way that Dolores was lurching over Danielle, so threatening and screaming and pointing her finger in her face -- totally scary. That woman needs medicine and/or stop hanging out with Siggy so much. Her reactions to whatever imaginary slights that Margaret made were totally OTT, too.

As for whether or not Dolores really said that, I guess we'll never know. The thing is, why is Dolores taking her son over to speak to Danielle's fiancee if they aren't close and it isn't being filmed? Did Dolores deny that she did that? I think they have hung out on several occasions and I think Dolores has talked shit about Teresa to both Danielle and Siggy. She's got the same "I never said that!!" memory problem that Siggy had tonight (thanks, editors!).

Edited by LilaFowler
  • Love 8
23 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Shiddy TH:

Josh is so into Deb's cookie but you know what you came out of my cookie

Um.....ewwwwwwwww! Shiddy, he came out of your hole and he never wanted to get back in, and you're coming across like that is what you actually want from him.

Shiddy YOU signed on to do this show, not Josh. He shouldn't be forced to film scenes where you talk about his personal business.

Siggy is a stupid twat. Yep, I went there.

3 hours ago, b2H said:

Her career as a self-help guru is history.  One can't pull a 'do as I say, not as I do' in that market.

ETA:  I am hoping against all hope that Siggy is watching every single second of every single episode with honest people who will tell her she's destroyed what was left of her career by her actions on this show.  She is coming off as a very needy, very neurotic individual.  Who is going to want to take advice from someone like that?  Seriously.

Her poor son is going to need years of PROFESSIONAL counseling.

• Love 6
16 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

There's really nobody to root for on this show anymore. Maybe there never was? 

Margaret? She's sharp, interesting, and not mean as hell

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

This episode was a three-act Shakespearean play to me. Below are my verdicts:

Siggy v Melissa

win: Melissa

loss: Siggy

Siggy is playing this cake thing out because she thinks she can get the rich and couth to side with her (first Lori in Boca, now her fabulous friends). She is trying to carve herself out as the Heather DuBrow of this franchise. Good luck hun.

Melissa-in all her braless, gravity-defying breasted glory, should have just been like, "you know what, Siggy? You were right about me. I. AM. TRASHY." All while chucking jewels and handbags in the air before hightailing it out of there.

Teresa (and Joe) vs Melissa

loss: Teresa and Joe

Disclaimer: anyone arriving 45 minutes late to a business meeting needs to apologize and sit--without fanfare. Not that I buy this storyline, but taken at face value, if my husband not only purchased a restaurant behind my back, but invested money with my frenemy/sister-in-law, and then had the gall to bitch about me being late to my face, he would be well acquainted with catching his zzzzz's on the couch, or maybe even in a Holiday Inn Express. You never go against your wife like that, Fredo, you just don't. 

Melissa and Teresa are about equally interested in doing grunt work to make this thing successful, and I'll gauge that interest rate somewhere around the zero mark. Teresa was being a total B though. Here's what happened according to my imagination:

Teresa: Would you work as a waitress if you had to?

Melissa: If I had to, I would, but I don't have to. It's your husband who's in the pen, not mine. I'll be back Friday night, hosting in Gucci. If I need you, you'll be in the kitchen, right?

Danielle v Dolores

win: Danielle 

loss: Dolores

I can sum up the reason for this verdict succinctly: the one who loses their cool is the one who loses. It was true when Teresa got in Danielle's face at the S2 reunion, and it's true now. It's a dog whistle to anyone who's even half-listening that there's gold in them thar hills.

Now if you'll indulge me in a slightly more in-depth analysis...

Danielle has been on the show two prior seasons, Dolores one. So, Danielle had approximately twice as many opportunities to lie...yet she was never caught lying on the show. Acting crazy...yes (setting aside a chair for Dina at her daughter's modeling party to which said daughter was not invited, and Dina had already RSVP'ed no, anyone?)

Danielle, during her tenure on the show, seemed to treat the truth almost reverentially, if I recall. Her MO was to get the truth and then use it as a weapon at the most strategic time. Teresa didn't visit her nephew in the hospital, Dina spread the rumors of the book around Franklin Lakes (Jacq broke with the fambly to verify this), Danielle claimed to know secrets about Dina, and Dina subsequently ghosts herself from the show...when Danielle spilled the tea about having seen the house Teresa lived in, complete with its "linoleum floors," no one denied it. Teresa just started chasing her down.

Moreover, Danielle always seemed strangely comfortable in her own truth. She was honest about her sex tape, her Botox, her breast implants, her phone sex "boyfriend," having been engaged numerous times, having had her name changed and being arrested. When she took Ashlee to court, she won, likely because she told the truth. She was honest about her lesbian affair. She let them film the realtor showing her house in a state of disrepair. When her convict friend called Christopher Manzo a faggot, she took responsibility for it. I have never seen a Housewife ganged up on or called to the carpet as much as her, yet I cannot recall one lie. (She's also pretty funny, which is rare with these 'Wives. I remember her saying she and Caroline were the same age and "Hel-lo! No wonder she's always so pissed." And when Teresa told Danielle that Joe wanted to bang her immediately upon getting breast implant surgery, Danielle--who was in an extremely hostile environment at the time--came right back with, "yeah, but you got your bubbies done; not down there." I appreciate that slight bit of wit that people like Jacq and Dina can't quite deliver. Shannon on OC is another one who is good with subtle zingers, but I digress...)

Dolores. I cannot recall Dolores being caught in a lie either, but, under scrutiny, she doesn't exactly come up smelling like a rose. Caroline is her mentor? Caroline Manzo, good friend of Bernie Kerik? The one whose husband lied about his place of residence to get free health insurance? The one who lied about spreading the book about Danielle? The one who made it seem like her son failing out of law school was some nefarious plot by the dean? 

Dolores has proven that she is willing to cozy up with scumbags (see Flicker, Siggy and Laurita, Jaqueline). Also, what do you call a man to whom you are betrothed, with whom you share children, who has, in your words, "a Dominican girl on the side"? In my book, that's a scumbag. So, naturally, she lets him move back in to the marital home. Great judgment there. Just speaking for myself, I don't tend to associate with "scumbags." If Danielle is such a "scumbag," what was Dolores doing bringing her son to Danielle's home? But back to Frank Sr for a moment--he cheated on Dolores, and she's fine with him--just so long as he pays for her kitchen renovation. That's some shady quid pro quo there. If I didn't know better, I might be tempted to observe that Dolores cares more about money more than anything else. As Dolores seems to be one of the more perceptive women of this group, she is probably aware that she is being viewed in that light.

It is not a far leap for me to imagine Dolores saying to Danielle, huge smile pasted on her face, "you know they say I care only about money, but Teresa is really the one hustling to get that coin. Be careful." And maybe Dolores meant that Danielle should be careful not to appear materialistic on the show, and Danielle is taking it out of context, but there is too much "there" there for me to believe Dolores is innocent. It's like Real Housewives of Dallas, and whether Cary's husband was getting sexual favors. Based on the reactions, one will conclude that something nefarious happened.

In Dallas, there was something telling about Cary's lack of denial. Here, there's something telling about the overreaction. In other words, methinks the woman doth protest too much.

That, and Danielle said on WWHL that she has proof. I'm calling it now that Danielle reveals something very unflattering about Dolores. If history is any teacher.

• Love 13
3 hours ago, tvfanatic13 said:

Doing a rewatch. Siggy is even more insufferable than on first watch. My god girl. Leave us please. 

Well, she's no Joan Rivers,  that's for sure

Edited by Martinigirl
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, N. Bluth said:

Margaret? She's sharp, interesting, and not mean as hell

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

This episode was a three-act Shakespearean play to me. Below are my verdicts:

Siggy v Melissa

loss: Siggy

Siggy is playing this cake thing out because she thinks she can get the rich and couth to side with her (first Lori in Boca, now her fabulous friends). She is trying to carve herself out as the Heather DuBrow of this franchise. Good luck hun.

Melissa-in all her braless, gravity-defying breasted glory, should have just been like, "you know what, Siggy? You were right about me. I. AM. TRASHY." All while chucking jewels and handbags in the air before hightailing it out of there.

Teresa (and Joe) vs Melissa

loss: Teresa and Joe

Disclaimer: anyone arriving 45 minutes late to a business meeting needs to apologize and sit--without fanfare. Not that I buy this storyline, but taken at face value, if my husband not only purchased a restaurant behind my back, but invested money with my frenemy/sister-in-law, and then had the gall to bitch about me being late to my face, he would be well acquainted with catching his zzzzz's on the couch, or maybe even in a Holiday Inn Express. You never go against your wife like that, Fredo, you just don't. 

Melissa and Teresa are about equally interested in doing grunt work to make this thing successful, and I'll gauge that interest rate somewhere around the zero mark. Teresa was being a total B though. Here's what happened according to my imagination:

Teresa: Would you work as a waitress if you had to?

Melissa: If I had to, I would, but I don't have to. It's your husband who's in the pen, not mine. I'll be back Friday night, hosting in Gucci. If I need you, you'll be in the kitchen, right?

Danielle v Dolores

win: Danielle 

loss: Dolores

I can sum up the reason for this verdict succinctly: the one who loses their cool is the one who loses. It was true when Teresa got in Danielle's face at the S2 reunion, and it's true now. It's a dog whistle to anyone who's even half-listening that there's gold in them thar hills.

Now if you'll indulge me in a slightly more in-depth analysis...

Danielle has been on the show two prior seasons, Dolores one. So, Danielle had approximately twice as many opportunities to lie...yet she was never caught lying on the show. Acting crazy...yes (setting aside a chair for Dina at her daughter's modeling party to which said daughter was not invited, and Dina had already RSVP'ed no, anyone?)

Danielle, during her tenure on the show, seemed to treat the truth almost reverentially, if I recall. Her MO was to get the truth and then use it as a weapon at the most strategic time. Teresa didn't visit her nephew in the hospital, Dina spread the rumors of the book around Franklin Lakes (Jacq broke with the fambly to verify this), Danielle claimed to know secrets about Dina, and Dina subsequently ghosts herself from the show...when Danielle spilled the tea about having seen the house Teresa lived in, complete with its "linoleum floors," no one denied it. Teresa just started chasing her down.

Moreover, Danielle always seemed strangely comfortable in her own truth. She was honest about her sex tape, her Botox, her breast implants, her phone sex "boyfriend," having been engaged numerous times, having had her name changed and being arrested. When she took Ashlee to court, she won, likely because she told the truth. She was honest about her lesbian affair. She let them film the realtor showing her house in a state of disrepair. When her convict friend called Christopher Manzo a faggot, she took responsibility for it. I have never seen a Housewife ganged up on or called to the carpet as much as her, yet I cannot recall one lie. (She's also pretty funny, which is rare with these 'Wives. I remember her saying she and Caroline were the same age and "Hel-lo! No wonder she's always so pissed." And when Teresa told Danielle that Joe wanted to bang her immediately upon getting breast implant surgery, Danielle--who was in an extremely hostile environment at the time--came right back with, "yeah, but you got your bubbies done; not down there." I appreciate that slight bit of wit that people like Jacq and Dina can't quite deliver. Shannon on OC is another one who is good with subtle zingers, but I digress...)

Dolores. I cannot recall Dolores being caught in a lie either, but, under scrutiny, she doesn't exactly come up smelling like a rose. Caroline is her mentor? Caroline Manzo, good friend of Bernie Kerik? The one whose husband lied about his place of residence to get free health insurance? The one who lied about spreading the book about Danielle? The one who made it seem like her son failing out of law school was some nefarious plot by the dean? 

Dolores has proven that she is willing to cozy up with scumbags (see Flicker, Siggy and Laurita, Jaqueline). Also, what do you call a man to whom you are betrothed, with whom you share children, who has, in your words, "a Dominican girl on the side"? In my book, that's a scumbag. So, naturally, she lets him move back in to the marital home. Great judgment there. Just speaking for myself, I don't tend to associate with "scumbags." If Danielle is such a "scumbag," what was Dolores doing bringing her son to Danielle's home? But back to Frank Sr for a moment--he cheated on Dolores, and she's fine with him--just so long as he pays for her kitchen renovation. That's some shady quid pro quo there. If I didn't know better, I might be tempted to observe that Dolores cares more about money more than anything else. As Dolores seems to be one of the more perceptive women of this group, she is probably aware that she is being viewed in that light.

It is not a far leap for me to imagine Dolores saying to Danielle, huge smile pasted on her face, "you know they say I care only about money, but Teresa is really the one hustling to get that coin. Be careful." And maybe Dolores meant that Danielle should be careful not to appear materialistic on the show, and Danielle is taking it out of context, but there is too much "there" there for me to believe Dolores is innocent. It's like Real Housewives of Dallas, and whether Cary's husband was getting sexual favors. Based on the reactions, one will conclude that something nefarious happened.

In Dallas, there was something telling about Cary's lack of denial. Here, there's something telling about the overreaction. In other words, methinks the woman doth protest too much.

That, and Danielle said on WWHL that she has proof. I'm calling it now that Danielle reveals something very unflattering about Dolores. If history is any teacher.

Excellent post! Danielle also spilled the beans about Teresa's house being in foreclosure before even Teresa knew.

• Love 10
14 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Now I will defend Melissa: If she doesn't want to work in that freakin' restaurant, she doesn't have to. She has her own business to run and 3 kids to take care of. It's not like she's laying on the couch all day eating bon bon's.  He bought the restaurant without even discussing it with her first. She owes him nothing for that. So... shut it, Tre. 

Notice how when Melissa pointed out that she is trying to run a business and raise 3 kids, Teresa piped in that she has 4 kids.  It pissed me off because it was her way of minimalizing Melissa's situation.  Teresa colors herself as "Supermom", but I think she falls way short in the parenting department.  She lets her girls speak to her in a very disrespectful way and that is never good.  Milania couldn't even be bothered to give her a hug.  I think Joe did more of the parenting in that household and Teresa was more of an absentee parent even before she went to jail, with all of the book signings and RHNJ trips that took her away from her girls. 

• Love 5

Had a good chuckle watching the faces while 'Teresa only cares about money' flew around. There is not ONE person who hasn't said that about Teresa, whether to her face or behind her back. Yet they ALL look shocked that such a thing was uttered.  Perhaps it was more of a 'oh shit someones gonna say I said it too' looks.

Uh the world watched live footage, court documents, with proceedings that prove Teresa put her love of money before her dignity, her children's-parent's- friends'-creditors wellbeing...etc. She willingly conspired to gain financial advantage WHILE dismissing her debts to creditors- in her MIND and ON PAPER.  Yet, somehow it's shocking such a TRUTHFUL statement was spoken. So we wait, to see IF someone will admit to something that was already admitted to. Gawd I need a new hobby :) PO

• Love 8
On 10/26/2017 at 2:14 AM, Lady of nod said:

I think Melissa meant well when she was talking to Tre about her kids. But I seem to remember that what started all the trouble between Tre and Kathy (ugh) was her remark about  Audriana being left unattended at the christening from hell. Tre lives for those girls and Melissa needs to "back that shit up" if she wants their relationship to stay in a good place. Those kids are doing just fine considering.  Milania's soft side has really been coming out, with Joe now away. I'd be pissed too if someone, even a relative, told me my kids were manipulative (even though they were lol). You don't criticize people's kids or their parenting. Even if you're coming from a good place.

And you especially don't do it to Tre on national TV.  That wonderful sisterhood between the two is going to go left.  Tre's face said it all.  I said, "oh oh Melissa, you goin' down".  Lol

• Love 4
19 hours ago, esco1822 said:

I think there is less than a 0% chance that Dolores said anything about Teresa to Danielle. Dolores has plenty of reason, based on her relationships with the Guidices/Gorgas and the Manzos, to not trust or like Danielle.  I think she's been treading VERY lightly around Danielle thus far on purpose because of all that history.  She may not be the smartest but I think in her world, there's way more importance placed on loyalty. Whether or not she thinks Tre is all about money, Danielle is the last person she'd say it to. She's right, Tre, and everyone else for that matter, should be really careful with Danielle. Trusting Danielle needs to be earned, it should not  be implicit. Danielle is batshit, we all know it.  We're all waiting for it to really come out. Yes Dolores's reaction was over the top but this is Jersey so it should be expected. Again back to loyalty, she sees it as a betrayal that someone she knows so well for so long would believe Danielle over her. 

WORD!  Furthermore, IMO, Danielle knows who is top dog on RHONJ so she will be inserting herself far up Tre's arse in all matters.  All controversy she causes to stay on the show won't be directed at Tre, but everyone else will be fair game.

• Love 3

Tre's kids have always been undisciplined little brats since the very beginning of the show.  Tre used to encourage Milania by laughing at her "antics."  Of course her revenge was dressing them in those horrible dresses with bows all over them and in their hair back in the day.  I've known kids like that and those parents are always the most defensive about the behavior.  Those types of kids always get the side eye and eye rolling by those that have to suffer being around them, but everyone knows you can't say anything.  The parents going to jail - god that truth does suck - surely made it all worse and clearly has screwed them up emotionally, but they had no base of discipline and self control long before the "troubles" began.

• Love 7
On 10/25/2017 at 11:28 PM, goofygirl said:

In the spirit of CAKE... Guy @ work turned 40 today and  had THREE CAKES!!! One was a margarita cake with lemon drizzle (really moist and delicious), Second, chocolate with chocolate frosting (yummy, and quite fabulous) and third, banana split cake with vanilla cream frosting (really good, but OMG! MY BELLY!) Jeebus! Had we had ONE MORE FREAKING CAKE the entire place would have gone into a diabetic coma!

Oh~ and we ate steak for lunch. Did I mention I work in healthcare? Good thing, huh?

Theresa , as we all know, is not the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree.  The whole business with Danielle is another example.  She and Delores have known one another over 20 years.  We KNOW that Theresa is all about the $$$$, woman went to the BIG HOUSE over it. HUSBAND IS THERE NOW.  Like really?? She's pissed that Delores noticed that shit?

omg! when we  had cake at work it was always a disgusting grocery store bought sugary piece of inedible crap!

1 hour ago, blueiris said:

Tre's kids have always been undisciplined little brats since the very beginning of the show.  Tre used to encourage Milania by laughing at her "antics."  Of course her revenge was dressing them in those horrible dresses with bows all over them and in their hair back in the day.  I've known kids like that and those parents are always the most defensive about the behavior.  Those types of kids always get the side eye and eye rolling by those that have to suffer being around them, but everyone knows you can't say anything.  The parents going to jail - god that truth does suck - surely made it all worse and clearly has screwed them up emotionally, but they had no base of discipline and self control long before the "troubles" began.

they are horrible brats, no doubt about it. with horrible parents.

• Love 2

Where to begin? Geez I love these women! 

I also hate the no long hair after a certain age HOWEVER I had waist length, dyed black hair in Jan. Got it all cut off, quit dying it, now I have a short silver do that looks great. Just sorry I waited so long. (Ah-hum) Back to the show! Nothing wrong with long hair if it looks good but those extensions are not good. You can see Soggys extensions hanging under her real hair. 

Soggy climb off the cross! It was a cake!! They ate it!! Tre was having fun for once in her damn life (which has been pretty miserable lately) Be happy your friend was laughing! And insulting Melissa? No, No, Nope. That was rude, nasty, uncivil, uncouth, unnecessary and just plain wrong. Never take relationship advice from her! "Well if you're insulted just insult the person back, belittle them, then lay on the floor and scream" Yeah that MAY work, if you're 5!

You NEVER tell someone how to parent unless they ASK you. Especially on television! My sister in law sent my kids back to the bathroom once to re brush their teeth because she didn't think they brushed long enough! I was livid!!!! But I refrained from throwing myself on the floor over it.....

Ok am I the only old retired waitress who was insulted by Melissa acting like being a server was akin to being forced to strip naked and parade down 5th Ave? I get sick of servers being slammed. It is a super hard job that keeps you running for 8 to 10 hours a day. You get dirty, you get stinky, you get sticky, you get burned, people yell at you. BUT those of us who were "career  servers" took great pride in making every meal a happy and great experience for our guests. And I've seen tons of Hostess's be drafted into serving when a server calls out sick on a busy night! And if you're the owner you should know how to do every single thing in that place so you can pitch in. (I can do prep, dishwash,cook, serve, hostess, and manage.) 

I don't think Tre being gone for book signings or trips is some big "Oh she's not around her kids so Joe was the parent" Most women work way more then her and nobody sys we're not there for our kids because we're gone 40 hrs a week! I bet she's home 90% of the time. 

And lastly--If you've lasted this long with me, I read on a site that the REAL rumor was that Tre was texting her BF. I say Good for her if she was! But that's the "rumor du jour" 

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, eurekagirl mOo said:

Ok am I the only old retired waitress who was insulted by Melissa acting like being a server was akin to being forced to strip naked and parade down 5th Ave? I get sick of servers being slammed. It is a super hard job that keeps you running for 8 to 10 hours a day. You get dirty, you get stinky, you get sticky, you get burned, people yell at you. BUT those of us who were "career  servers" took great pride in making every meal a happy and great experience for our guests. And I've seen tons of Hostess's be drafted into serving when a server calls out sick on a busy night! And if you're the owner you should know how to do every single thing in that place so you can pitch in. (I can do prep, dishwash,cook, serve, hostess, and manage.) 

Kudos to you on  your hard work.  I admire anyone who can do such a hard job and help make someone's experience happy.  I didn't think Melissa was looking down on servers so much as she knows it is very hard work and didn't want to take on something she knew she couldn't handle.  It seemed unfair that  Tre gets to blurt out "dibs" on the job she would like to have, but Melissa has to take whatever is assigned to her regardless of her desires and capabilities.  I thought the whole thing was unfair to Melissa.  First Joe buys the restaurant without telling her, then she finds out Tre knew about it possibly before she did, now she has Tre telling her what job she will do and mocking her.  Not nice!!

• Love 8
14 hours ago, LilaFowler said:

Siggy is easily the worst hostess in HW history. She goes out of her way to humiliate her guests, they leave early and in a huff. Her son needs to get away from her. I can't even imagine the hell that she must put her kids through on a daily basis.

Danielle has a shady past on this show but that doesn't mean that she's lying now. Dolores's reaction was so OTT and insane that I think I believe Danielle's side of it. The way that Dolores was lurching over Danielle, so threatening and screaming and pointing her finger in her face -- totally scary. That woman needs medicine and/or stop hanging out with Siggy so much. Her reactions to whatever imaginary slights that Margaret made were totally OTT, too.

As for whether or not Dolores really said that, I guess we'll never know. The thing is, why is Dolores taking her son over to speak to Danielle's fiancee if they aren't close and it isn't being filmed? Did Dolores deny that she did that? I think they have hung out on several occasions and I think Dolores has talked shit about Teresa to both Danielle and Siggy. She's got the same "I never said that!!" memory problem that Siggy had tonight (thanks, editors!).

I was leaning towards believing Delores, because Danielle just seems like the poster child for Borderline Personality Disorder to me, but I gotta admit, Lila, this is an excellent point.

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, Jel said:

I was leaning towards believing Delores, because Danielle just seems like the poster child for Borderline Personality Disorder to me, but I gotta admit, Lila, this is an excellent point.

She's really nuts. I googled Marty (Caffrey) to see what he does that Dolores would bring her son to talk to him. I haven't found that yet but I have found some other disgusting stuff about them that we may or may not get to see soon. I don't think it's super weird for Dolores to bring her son over if she and Danielle aren't close. It's just networking, it doesn't require a BFF stamp of approval.  As for what Danielle does for money, does she have to do anything? She's engaged for the 20th time, that's a lot of engagement rings to pay for things. 

KFB Breaking News...

Hey you guys, I live on the East Coast and just wanted to tell you all there's something really creepy going on in my neighborhood.

80% of the homes are being decorated with Jacqueline Laurita faces

4179d8b482fa57ff0310066e230a0e1c.gif

1074.gif

• Love 2