Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

I also think CB will return. When Days returns to production in Sept I don't think there will be nearly as much of a gap as people think.

I don't get where Jake/Gabi had these feelings for one another that makes less sense than Stefan/Gabi. 

Chad/Gabi hate sex would make more sense because at least there's tension, they interacted on a more emotional level. Gabi wants someone that looks like her dead husband beyond that does she care about Jake who we don't know that much about beyond being Stefan's twin.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Even when Ciara finds out that Ben was brainwashed, (roll eyes) she should still be freaked out by this guy regardless. The guy was a serial killer! Now, people are okay with him skipping around town.🙄 Eve might be acting psycho right now, but her emotions are realistic.

• Love 12
6 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

There've been rumors Camilla may return, so don't lose hope yet. It does seem a little soon for her and Jake to be consummating the relationship they don't even have...and I'd rather see sudden, blistering hate sex between her and Chad, sex that results in so much awkwardness afterwards that she promptly leaves town as he tries to wrap his head around what the hell he just did. That would make me happy at least.

Actually, there are several possible exits for Gabi that I would enjoy. Her running away from her feelings for Chad, her moving away with Sonny and Will and daughter Arianna, her and Li Shin taking a helicopter off to some Private Island. Lots of good options there.

I feel like Rafe's intruder may be Daddy Eduardo. Just a guess.

It looks like she leaves with rafe 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I still think she will return.

Rafe probably won't I wouldn't put it past the show to have Rafe/Hope together off screen.

Don't put that out there in the universe. Hope and Rafe are just gross in every way.. To go from Bo Brady to Rafe, how the mighty has fallen.. 

• Love 4

I can't help but wonder if that Navy Seal storyline was a pit stop to the inevitable Rope reunion and KA was like "Pass" so she bailed thus keeping the show from having her leave with Rafe HEA. Now they can say they reunited offscreen. At least its offscreen if it happens.

I really hated that Hope/Aiden were trashed for this. At least Aiden wasn't a Bo ripoff and Hope was in a better place character wise.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I can't help but wonder if that Navy Seal storyline was a pit stop to the inevitable Rope reunion and KA was like "Pass" so she bailed thus keeping the show from having her leave with Rafe HEA. Now they can say they reunited offscreen. At least its offscreen if it happens.

I really hated that Hope/Aiden were trashed for this. At least Aiden wasn't a Bo ripoff and Hope was in a better place character wise.

I agree 100%.. Dena  the hack, hated Hope/Aiden and trashed them for no reason. Kristian was not happy with the story..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

I hope CB is gone for good. I can’t stand

Gabi.

The writers could have given the viewers scenes with her, Wilson, and Arianna the last few weeks before she left instead of that ridiculous DE mess.

But look what they did to Wilson. They were nothing but filler their last few weeks. Sigh.

• Love 4

Spoilers from DR:

Monday, August 24:
Eric tries to find a compromise with Belle; Sami confesses the truth to Marlena.

Tuesday, August 25:
Eve has a vision of Paige.

Wednesday, August 26:
Ciara is trapped in a dangerous situation!

Thursday, August 27:
A fearful Hope questions Ben.

Friday, August 28:
Rafe and Gabi say farewell to Salem.

• Love 2

I wonder what Sami has to confess to Marlena? Also, Gabi and Jake get passionate on Thursday and she leaves on Friday? So, if she does return, will she have a miracle Jake baby with her? Once again, Ciara is trapped in a dangerous situation - so so so boring. I am guessing that this spoiler goes with the one that was something about Vincent putting the final nail in her coffin. Ben to the rescue? But, if they did invite her to come back if she wants to, that kind if suggests that she won't be killed. The next few weeks will be interesting (well, relatively) as people start to leave.

ETA - now I am guessing that the truth that Sami withholds is that her fighting with John is what lead to his collapse, which she confesses the following week. When will someone tell her to GO HOME? She has way overstayed her return.

Edited by Retired at last
  • Love 5

2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Not really. They kill people and then bring them back literally all the time lol.

Salem is like the X Files. No one really dies.

Edited by Frozendiva
Double quote
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

I don't think she'll die (not yet anyway?) because RSW mentioned the other day something about the rescue that happens in the next two weeks is his favorite that he's filmed.. That said the more I listen to him, he's hella annoying. I think he's the only one who is giving the impression they are leaving the door open. IMO I think he says what fans want to hear and they hang on his every word. And he talks like he and VK are so special together that she is Irreplaceable. He's been saying "love wins" even knowing she's gone for two months now giving these CIN fanatics hope while the brief video I saw of VK talking about her exit she doesnt do that at all.  Ken Corday saying "no one really dies in Salem" when talking about the upcoming exits does make me think there is a death somewhere.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, QueenSerena said:

Eric tries to find a compromise with Belle;

What the hell's this about? I wonder if Belle goes after Sami for John collapsing and Eric plays referee between his 2 sisters. Or, this has something to do with Allie's baby and Belle is representing Sami against Eric/Nicole. Either way, I suspect Sami is smack in the middle of this situation between Eric & Belle.

• Love 1
On 8/15/2020 at 1:20 PM, TenaciousWarrior said:

I hope CB is gone for good. I can’t stand

Gabi.

If there's one positive aspect of CB's departure, that is no one has to put up with her twitterverse meltdowns anymore. 

57 minutes ago, sweetautumn said:

If there's one positive aspect of CB's departure, that is no one has to put up with her twitterverse meltdowns anymore. 

I don't think she has tweeted for a few months now.

• Love 1

No one ever copy and pasted any of her meltdowns here, so I still have no idea what this is in reference to. I saw the picture of her with her boyfriend at some amusement park without masks, but that was it.....

• Love 1
1 minute ago, DisneyBoy said:

No one ever copy and pasted any of her meltdowns here, so I still have no idea what this is in reference to. I saw the picture of her with her boyfriend at some amusement park without masks, but that was it.....

To answer your question, it would be off-topic and would violate the rules of posting on this board.. I suggest you go to the behind the scenes board on days to get the tea when some posters spoke about it..

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

To answer your question, it would be off-topic and would violate the rules of posting on this board.. I suggest you go to the behind the scenes board on days to get the tea when some posters spoke about it..

Don't we have a generic "small talk" for Days where you could post it? Since CB is still part of the Days cast, I'd also be interested in what she has to say during these meltdowns.

2 hours ago, MsTree said:

Don't we have a generic "small talk" for Days where you could post it? Since CB is still part of the Days cast, I'd also be interested in what she has to say during these meltdowns.

Not the mod here, but Small Talk is not a workaround since what happened involves content not to be discussed on the board. (Not stepping on your toes, @Door County Cherry or @scarynikki12! Just clarifying as a poster!)

• Love 1
18 hours ago, howmanywords said:

I don't think she'll die (not yet anyway?) because RSW mentioned the other day something about the rescue that happens in the next two weeks is his favorite that he's filmed.. That said the more I listen to him, he's hella annoying. I think he's the only one who is giving the impression they are leaving the door open. IMO I think he says what fans want to hear and they hang on his every word. And he talks like he and VK are so special together that she is Irreplaceable. He's been saying "love wins" even knowing she's gone for two months now giving these CIN fanatics hope while the brief video I saw of VK talking about her exit she doesnt do that at all.  Ken Corday saying "no one really dies in Salem" when talking about the upcoming exits does make me think there is a death somewhere.

He’s a favorite and he knows he is.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Right no, I meant I didn't see anything in that thread.

People are referring to the stuff on p. 62 in that thread which you discussed too so I think you're up-to-date.  (Or we're both out of the loop.) Maybe the Emmy nomination stuff too.

But this should probably move to that thread if people need more details/reminders.

9 hours ago, MsTree said:

7 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Not the mod here, but Small Talk is not a workaround since what happened involves content not to be discussed on the board. (Not stepping on your toes, @Door County Cherry or @scarynikki12! Just clarifying as a poster!)

Exactly.  The Camila and Missy discussions involved the two of them making public, via social media, opinions on hot topic issues.  It's okay to discuss the hot topic issues and their thoughts on them.  

The trouble came about when people started opining on their politics when neither one expressly mentioned political figures or political parties.  And even if they had, it would be against the board's politics rules to offer up personal opinions on their politics.

I know people often associate hot topics with politics but while they often co-mingle, they aren't the same thing. 

That "no politics" rule also applies to the Small Talk thread even though we can get more personal there.  It's the place to discuss things unrelated to the show or its actors but things you'd like to discuss with fellow DOOL posters because you feel like you have a shared bond.   

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Door County Cherry said:

People are referring to the stuff on p. 62 in that thread which you discussed too so I think you're up-to-date.  (Or we're both out of the loop.)

The way it was referenced made me think other things had happened. I've been brought up to speed 🙂

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 3

Rafe and Gabi's exits seem very abrupt. Gabi is in the middle of trying to take back Dimera/gabichic and right now she does not seem to have interest in Jake, but he does seem attracted to her, and then she just ups and leaves? and before Sonny/Will? Then it looks like Ciara is being held somewhere on Wednesday and Rafe is just like, whatever, I will let y'all take it from here. Maybe the show didn't want to extend their contract to finish their current arcs, but it still looks weird.

Sami needs to get a new lawyer. I am just ready for a judge to rule on this case because there is no way to compromise. I hope the judge lets Sami have guardianship and says they cannot grand an adoption because, i don't know, it would be illegal without the father's consent.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Well, the CIN stuff certainly sounds intense and kinda interesting. There's no way Ben goes through with killing Ciara, so my guess is that she manages to escape the bathroom and is either captured by Vincent or will go missing for a while to up the angst for Ben.

• Love 4

I may be alone on this but I want Ciara to experience for a brief second the terror that Ben's victims felt before they died. It takes a long time to kill somebody by strangulation.   We all know that Ciara will not die but perhaps it will give her pause the next time somebody brings up her boo's murderous past.  

• Love 12

I think the only way to salvage the character would be if that happened then she realizes she really can't be with him. Ciara leaves town has the marriage annulled and leaves town to get some peace of mind/therapy because she never dealt with the trauma of her rape and so she thought being with someone like Ben is what she deserved etc. 

However this is Ron and well...

• Love 8

No that's pretty much what I expect to happen. If VK wasnt leaving I would say this would be an after thought but they had to do something drastic to get Ciara off the canvas. For as much as Ciara has been blinded by love and has basically brushed off Ben's past, feeling that same fear is a game changer brainwashed or not. Considering RSW has been yammering on with "love wins" I was surprised to see how far they are taking things with this.

ETA: I was just reading that RSW did the screentests for NuClaire. So between that and testing for Allie they are definitely experimenting with possible new pairings. You would think after this they would rest the character and let him regroup with therapy.

Edited by howmanywords
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, CanaryFan98 said:

However this is Ron and well...

... I just don't understand how the show's producers and NBC could be in favour of this kind of storyline. People found Marlena murdering all the citizens of Salem unsettling and disturbing, and that was a little theatrical and campy. But all these years later they have this guy murdering women and it's played completely straight, and now it's almost like they enjoy playing it as sexy and exciting or something. If I was a CIN fan I would be disgusted by all of this (maybe?) but I'm not a CIN fan so in a weird way I'm kind of relieved that Ciara will hopefully have a bit of a wake-up moment and get the hell out of dodge. Eve could have just kidnapped her and brought her to the dorm room to look at the place Paige died, though.

Ron really does enjoy some sick things. Kristen stabbing Victor. Steve being mindraped into raping a mindraped Marlena. All this Ben stuff. It's so beyond the pale. I can't imagine what fans of this show in their 80s think of all this. It's such a far cry from what the show used to be.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

People found Marlena murdering all the citizens of Salem unsettling and disturbing, and that was a little theatrical and campy. But all these years later they have this guy murdering women and it's played completely straight, and now it's almost like they enjoy playing it as sexy and exciting or something.

But I thought that Marlena never murdered anyone? Wasn't that the whole Melaswen thing?

• Love 2

It was....because viewers found the original story so distasteful. The characters were not supposed to come back and be hidden away on Melaswen. That was the twist they devised to undo the damage. Viewers were threatening to drop the show over all the murders and legit cast departures.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

It was....because viewers found the original story so distasteful. The characters were not supposed to come back and be hidden away on Melaswen. That was the twist they devised to undo the damage. Viewers were threatening to drop the show over all the murders and legit cast departures.

In Bill and Susan's memoir it was mentioned by Bill that the plan was to always bring them back and that Corday told him not to let Susan know this... 

16 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

... I just don't understand how the show's producers and NBC could be in favour of this kind of storyline. People found Marlena murdering all the citizens of Salem unsettling and disturbing, and that was a little theatrical and campy. But all these years later they have this guy murdering women and it's played completely straight, and now it's almost like they enjoy playing it as sexy and exciting or something. If I was a CIN fan I would be disgusted by all of this (maybe?) but I'm not a CIN fan so in a weird way I'm kind of relieved that Ciara will hopefully have a bit of a wake-up moment and get the hell out of dodge. Eve could have just kidnapped her and brought her to the dorm room to look at the place Paige died, though.

Ron really does enjoy some sick things. Kristen stabbing Victor. Steve being mindraped into raping a mindraped Marlena. All this Ben stuff. It's so beyond the pale. I can't imagine what fans of this show in their 80s think of all this. It's such a far cry from what the show used to be.

Well Ben is played by a "young good looking male" and Marlena is a middle aged women(who also happens to be one of the show's iconic characters.

I rather see Eve look at Ciara as a Paige double (dark hair, same age etc.) and try to save her in a way she couldn't save Paige. Her and Hope could've worked together against Ben. Given the whole Princess Gina thing and Eve's rivalry with Jennifer this could've been an uneasy alliance.  Eve kidnapping Ciara and showing here where Paige died would've been way better and more effective but that would make Eve more sympathetic than Ben here and that's not what the show wants so... 

As someone who watched Days since the 80s the show was never the same after Marlena got possessed by the Devil. At least back then they also had more family oriented storylines, romance etc compared to now. Things were built up they weren't rushed, there was more of a payoff etc.

While I found the Salem Serial Killer storyline OTT in violence I think some of those deaths should've stuck tbh.  

• Love 6
5 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

In Bill and Susan's memoir it was mentioned by Bill that the plan was to always bring them back and that Corday told him not to let Susan know this... 

Really? That wasn't what I heard. I heard that they were trying to get rid of some of the vets...but then again I wasn't watching the show at the time so I couldn't exactly say whether it came across like a rewrite or not. I just read that it was.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

As someone who watched Days since the 80s the show was never the same after Marlena got possessed by the Devil. At least back then they also had more family oriented storylines, romance etc compared to now. Things were built up they weren't rushed, there was more of a payoff etc.

Yes this so much. Sure the show is a mess now, but I would never compare it to the show we had in the 80s. Even 10 years ago it wasn't nearly as great as it was back then. I'm watching since 85. I can think of some periods years ago that were awful. I was loyal until the possession. That actually caused me to stop watching for a good year.

Edited by howmanywords
  • Love 7
13 hours ago, howmanywords said:

Yes this so much. Sure the show is a mess now, but I would never compare it to the show we had in the 80s. Even 10 years ago it wasn't nearly as great as it was back then. I'm watching since 85. I can think of some periods years ago that were awful. I was loyal until the possession. That actually caused me to stop watching for a good year.

The possession storyline forever altered the show and it became about the latest gimmick to get high ratings to the detriment of the show's quality.  

• Love 2

Reading that article was infuriating. RSW waxing on about how agonizing it is for Ben to relive killing Paige. I'm guessing it was a teeny bit more agonizing for the woman being strangled.

I would like to believe Eve kidnapping Ciara and taking her to where Paige was killed would affect Ciara but the way Ciara has reacted to anyone daring to disparage her precious Ben and bringing up his past, I doubt it would have mattered to her. She would just continue to preach about him being healed and not that same man anymore.

• Love 4