Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

I had heard some wild speculation about Ron revisiting the multiple personalities thing, so Gwen looking after Chad's kids and Gabi being out of town, to me suggests that maybe Gwen decides to hitch herself up with Chad instead of Jake and tries to Gaslight Abby? I don't know - that's a completely recycled story so maybe they won't do it. Hopefully?

Maybe JJ comes back to help poor Abigail and all the voices in her head.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, QueenSerena said:

I don't think I can leave this place altogether, since I've truly found some of my people here, but I just need a break with my guys being written out for the time being.

Well I'll be crossing all of my fingers and my toes that you'll come back to us sooner than later.  

Will the return of Abigail be in the form of Marci Miller?

• Love 2
7 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I think JJ returns because Abby is in crisis and apparently Jack/Jennifer are getting a story this fall so that's probably why he returns and hopefully for his sake leaves shortly after.

They are? I haven't heard anything about that; what have you heard?

And if JJ is just going to be here to prop up Abigail, then yeah I hope he doesn't stay too long. Let him go back to his life in "Africa" with his uncle Mike.

• Love 2

Abigail is going to be in crisis yet again.  Give it a rest Ron, what is his fascination with her.  I don't give a damn about her, what an unpleasant character.  Why can't the show bring back Stefanie or someone else we have not seen in a while..  I would even take Chelsea or Theresa back, just get Abigail off the screen... 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 6
19 hours ago, Rafael said:

If Daniel returns ,I will literally attempt to enter the world of Salem through my tv set poltergeist/The Ring style and attempt to strangle Dr tan  . I SWEAR TO G0D !!!!

Please give me a brief description so I'll be able to recognize you.😜

• LOL 2
5 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Abigail is going to be in crisis yet again.  Give it a rest Ron, what is his fascination with her.  I don't give a damn about her, what an unpleasant character.  Why can't the show bring back Stefanie or someone else we have not seen in a while..  I would even take Chelsea or Theresa back, just get Abigail off the screen... 

Let me guess , her split personality gimmick will make its return right ? 

Edited by Rafael
9 hours ago, bunnyblue said:

They are? I haven't heard anything about that; what have you heard?

And if JJ is just going to be here to prop up Abigail, then yeah I hope he doesn't stay too long. Let him go back to his life in "Africa" with his uncle Mike.

Here's an article

https://soaps.sheknows.com/days-of-our-lives/news/573751/days-of-our-lives-jack-jennifer-new-storyline-fall-preview/

Yep JJ only coming for brief visits till the show ends is all I want for him at this point. He's a Horton male and the spare J&J spawn the show doesn't care about him.... 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Abigail is like Jessica on OLTL to me and Ron probably sees her the same way so that's probably why. No to Chelsea or Theresa(although Salem would be a lot less incestuous with them around) I hate both of them more. 

I'd be fine with Stephanie though as she's the Stayla spawn I rather see come back and way more likeable. Plus I enjoyed her and Philip together she needed to be the one to return to Salem pregnant w/ Philip's child. Chloe finds out about it a nice role reversal of the Parker drama. Plus given Steve/Kayla's history with Philip over babies and Victor/Kate in general this could've had potential. 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Rafael said:

Let me guess , her split personality gimmick will make its return right ? 

Or give a fourth mental disorder after PTSD, split personalities, and delusions driven by being drugged.

• LOL 2
8 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Abigail is like Jessica on OLTL to me and Ron probably sees her the same way so that's probably why. No to Chelsea or Theresa(although Salem would be a lot less incestuous with them around) I hate both of them more. 

I'd be fine with Stephanie though as she's the Stayla spawn I rather see come back and way more likeable. Plus I enjoyed her and Philip together she needed to be the one to return to Salem pregnant w/ Philip's child. Chloe finds out about it a nice role reversal of the Parker drama. Plus given Steve/Kayla's history with Philip over babies and Victor/Kate in general this could've had potential. 

Jessica was such a special character being the only biological child of Clint and Viki.  I still weep for what was done to Clint and Viki to service a plot, a trend that made people turn away from soaps for good, but I digress. Erin Torpey's version of Jessica was on her way to being a strong heroine like her mother until Dena's poison pen started her destruction and Ron continued it because they had no idea how to write for a heroine. 

Stefanie should be driving her own stories with her parent's playing supporting roles. That goes for all of the legacy characters.. It is ridiculous that Jarlena is still dealing with interlopers..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Jessica was such a special character being the only biological child of Clint and Viki.  I still weep for what was done to Clint and Viki to service a plot, a trend that made people turn away from soaps for good, but I digress. Erin Torpey's version of Jessica was on her way to being a strong heroine like her mother until Dena's poison pen started her destruction and Ron continued it because they had no idea how to write for a heroine. 

Stefanie should be driving her own stories with her parent's playing supporting roles. That goes for all of the legacy characters.. It is ridiculous that Jarlena is still dealing with interlopers..

I preferred ET's version. I didn't hate Natalie but I preferred her as a Balsom instead of a retconned Buchanan same with Rex not everyone has to be from a core family.

Yes especially since I tended to like the interlopers more than Jarlena in general. Regardless I do like that they are now involved in their kids/grandkids drama instead of the usual kidnapping etc storyline. I mean it was fine 20 years ago but at their age? Pass. 

I do think they have it right with J&J who are in supporting roles and their kids deal with the drama. I don't get why they can't do this with the other supercouples(except Bope as both actors are gone).

8 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Thanks. That article sure uses a lot of words just to say that Ron said "a big story is coming J&J's way". Though, I won't hold my breath. Considering Abigail is coming back, this probably means J&J will get a few extra scenes where they discuss Abby's latest drama and wring their hands as they watch her have another meltdown. What I'd absolutely love is if they do one of their newspaper exposes where they snoop a little too well and run afoul of bad guys.

I've been happy with J&J's scenes these last few months where they support Steve, Kayla, Xander, etc. If this really is a J&J centered story I hope it's not another Jack "dies" or another out of nowhere affair (ie, Jack & Laura). Or maybe they'll try something new this time and kill Jennifer. Okay, now I'm scared about what Ron has planned. Ron, I swear, I'm fine with J&J in the supportive friends role!

• Love 5
2 hours ago, bunnyblue said:

Thanks. That article sure uses a lot of words just to say that Ron said "a big story is coming J&J's way". Though, I won't hold my breath. Considering Abigail is coming back, this probably means J&J will get a few extra scenes where they discuss Abby's latest drama and wring their hands as they watch her have another meltdown. What I'd absolutely love is if they do one of their newspaper exposes where they snoop a little too well and run afoul of bad guys.

I've been happy with J&J's scenes these last few months where they support Steve, Kayla, Xander, etc. If this really is a J&J centered story I hope it's not another Jack "dies" or another out of nowhere affair (ie, Jack & Laura). Or maybe they'll try something new this time and kill Jennifer. Okay, now I'm scared about what Ron has planned. Ron, I swear, I'm fine with J&J in the supportive friends role!

That role is what I prefer for them because I know the alternative. However if JJ is returning I think its a bit more than that this time around. Its Abby in crisis is my guess. I don't see the show going through all the trouble of breaking them up again.

• Love 4
On 8/28/2020 at 3:57 PM, RunningMarket said:

I'm still on the fence about who drugged Abigail, but I'm not ruling out Chad just yet. Even when asked about her lately he's so passive about it. (That could just be his apathetic acting style, rather than a specific clue to the future.)

Here's the thing, what are Chad and Abby going to do not that they don't have Gabi around to blame everything on when things go wrong in their lives?  Now that they know Gabi didn't drug Princess Abs', who are they going to accuse next?

And speaking in general, it seems that the children of famous supercouples are all pretty lame.  For example on General Hospital, the daughter of badass superspies Robert Scorpio and Anna Devane should be this kickass character and instead she's a perpetual victim. The child of Bo and Hope Brady should be as awesome as her parents and instead, Ciara talks a good game, but has zero follow through with any of her alleged toughness.  I could go but I wonder why the writers had Ciara just sitting in a bathtub waiting for Ben to kill her?  Where's her sense of self-preservation?

• Love 5

It seems to me that the writers had some storylines planned.  They also had long term budget strategy of rotating bigger budget cast in and out.  Then Covid happened and they laid out their budget plan.  A fair number were completely let go, and some balked at the budget rotation.

So the writers took all the storylines, threw them up in the air like a deck of cards and then mixed and matched what fit with what cast they could get.

• Love 7
21 hours ago, bunnyblue said:

What I'd absolutely love is if they do one of their newspaper exposes where they snoop a little too well and run afoul of bad guys.

Well, since Tripp is back and supposedly has mob storylines that also include Jake, you may get your wish! 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 8/29/2020 at 4:06 AM, QueenSerena said:

Okay, I think I've recovered from everyone's well wishes this past week or so. Just, thank you, I'm super shy and don't try to do too much so I think y'all are being far too kind! And you've got this, @howmanywords, thanks so much for taking this on! I don't always give the link, but here's the next set of spoilers from soaps.com:

Monday September 7:

Days of our Lives will not be seen today, due to Labor Day holiday programming.

Tuesday September 8:

Abigail’s return prompts a shocking reveal after she and Chad try to figure out who drugged her; Tripp informs his dad Steve why he’s back in Salem.

Wednesday September 9:

Ciara finds herself in a deadly predicament.

Thursday September 10:

Philip’s reunion with Belle doesn’t go as planned.

Friday September 11:

Eric and Nicole anxiously await the judge’s ruling regarding custody of Allie’s baby; Kristen and Brady argue about Victor.

Daytime Royalty (ugh, because they're not my favorite, lol) should post the next batch around midday Saturday, and then TV Guide will eventually fill in the rest. TV Watercooler can also be a decent source. And then I think S O D got to a lot of the people who would normally post article scans, so what you're bringing over is already the best option. I don't think I can leave this place altogether, since I've truly found some of my people here, but I just need a break with my guys being written out for the time being. Hope you're all taking care of yourselves! ❤️

You mean this baby crap is STILL going on?  Just put the kid on Ebay like Allie was going to do eventually and get it over with.

• LOL 8
5 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Here's the thing, what are Chad and Abby going to do not that they don't have Gabi around to blame everything on when things go wrong in their lives?  Now that they know Gabi didn't drug Princess Abs', who are they going to accuse next?

And speaking in general, it seems that the children of famous supercouples are all pretty lame.  For example on General Hospital, the daughter of badass superspies Robert Scorpio and Anna Devane should be this kickass character and instead she's a perpetual victim. The child of Bo and Hope Brady should be as awesome as her parents and instead, Ciara talks a good game, but has zero follow through with any of her alleged toughness.  I could go but I wonder why the writers had Ciara just sitting in a bathtub waiting for Ben to kill her?  Where's her sense of self-preservation?

Robin is a perpetual victim? I think she's a classic soap heroine who suffered a lot of tragedy in her life and managed to be a strong woman who has a great career, marriage and children despite being HIV positive. Granted she's not as interesting as her parents but she's a lot more stable in comparison and I found that rather refreshing if the show didn't tout Sonny and Co so much Robin is an inspiring character. I find her one of the better ones. Now Luke/Laura's kids are unfortunate same with Alan/Monica, Sonny/Carly etc.

The adult version of Ciara is an epic fail as a kid she had a lot of promise. Shawn is pretty meh too.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Robin is a perpetual victim? I think she's a classic soap heroine who suffered a lot of tragedy in her life and managed to be a strong woman who has a great career, marriage and children despite being HIV positive. Granted she's not as interesting as her parents but she's a lot more stable in comparison and I found that rather refreshing if the show didn't tout Sonny and Co so much Robin is an inspiring character. I find her one of the better ones. Now Luke/Laura's kids are unfortunate same with Alan/Monica, Sonny/Carly etc.

The adult version of Ciara is an epic fail as a kid she had a lot of promise. Shawn is pretty meh too.

I wanted to co-sign your post, in adding that the reason that Robin and even Carrie from Days were  not as interesting as their parents it is because the show's writers who inherited them did not know how to write for heroines.  Carrie and Robin were written so much better as kids by writers who had plans for their trajectories as heroines on their respective shows.  Unfortunately, The writers  who wrote them as adults, wrote them as self-righteous, hypocritical and boring in favor of their preferred villainesses.  Look at how Carly was made into a victim after Robin spilled the beans about her lie about Michael's parentage. What Robin did was a bit self-serving but so what, Carly was a bitch to her from day 1 and always trying to undermine her relationship with Jason.  Look at how Carrie was marginalized in favor of Sami who was  hateful and spiteful of Carrie who has always tried to protect her. It was not Carrie's fault that Sami's rapist defense attorney was going to twist her words, making Sami look bad.  The writers like Ron prefer the villainesses over the heroines and it is a trend that has sadly caused the demise of soaps. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

The writers like Ron prefer the villainesses over the heroines and it is a trend that has sadly caused the demise of soaps. 

Generally I prefer villains because I think they're more entertaining and they tend to move the story forward (and not just in soaps). But I have to say, on Friday's episode when Will and Sonny said goodbye to Chad and then Gabi, I really enjoyed those scenes, especially when Sonny offered to help Gabi and her family. It was a really nice change of pace to see decent people be nice to each other, particularly when contrasted with Sami's caterwauling at the custody hearing. Decent people being nice to each other doesn't exactly make compelling television, but I do wish there was more kindness in this show sometimes. 

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, MerBearStare said:

Generally I prefer villains because I think they're more entertaining and they tend to move the story forward (and not just in soaps). But I have to say, on Friday's episode when Will and Sonny said goodbye to Chad and then Gabi, I really enjoyed those scenes, especially when Sonny offered to help Gabi and her family. It was a really nice change of pace to see decent people be nice to each other, particularly when contrasted with Sami's caterwauling at the custody hearing. Decent people being nice to each other doesn't exactly make compelling television, but I do wish there was more kindness in this show sometimes. 

But why can't we have people who sometimes aren't so decent being nice and "decent" people being human?  The reason "good" people are boring is because that is their only trait, they're good.  Marlena is supposed to be a "good" person, but she does many things that aren't actually so nice.  Sami is "bad" but then they show her fierce loyalty to those she loves and her ability to sometimes be genuinely kind.  That's kind of the reason people love, hate, or love to hate the veterans.  Even Carrie and Belle ("good" characters) cheated on their partners.  They were written with nuance.  Every time the writers try to introduce a new character now, they don't know what to do with them.  This is especially true of the good characters.   

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I wanted to co-sign your post, in adding that the reason that Robin and even Carrie from Days were  not as interesting as their parents it is because the show's writers who inherited them did not know how to write for heroines.  Carrie and Robin were written so much better as kids by writers who had plans for their trajectories as heroines on their respective shows.  Unfortunately, The writers  who wrote them as adults, wrote them as self-righteous, hypocritical and boring in favor of their preferred villainesses.  Look at how Carly was made into a victim after Robin spilled the beans about her lie about Michael's parentage. What Robin did was a bit self-serving but so what, Carly was a bitch to her from day 1 and always trying to undermine her relationship with Jason.  Look at how Carrie was marginalized in favor of Sami who was  hateful and spiteful of Carrie who has always tried to protect her. It was not Carrie's fault that Sami's rapist defense attorney was going to twist her words, making Sami look bad.  The writers like Ron prefer the villainesses over the heroines and it is a trend that has sadly caused the demise of soaps. 

I think the show knew what to do with Robin until she was diagnosed with HIV after that their options to write for her were limited course it helped at that point we only saw her in visits as KM was going to college.

Carly and Sami at one point were also written as heroines of the show but at least with Sami the show has other characters humble her at times and isn't on all the time. Carly not so much. However I agree I do think 

Robin wasn't always perfect either she went behind the wheel after drinking alcohol while she was dating Stone, used to sneak around Mac's back to be with him etc. She pushed boundaries but not to the point where she was a sociopath who was normalized.  Which is Days problem these days they act like being a serial killer is no big deal but don't realize they neuter the drama when they treat people like Eve was the villain for wanting her daughter's killer to suffer. 

At least Claire is still a bit of a pariah but she's also a woman so sexism is afoot there...

Characters can be written with nuance and flaws but that doesn't mean flaws= sociopathic behavior but step out of bounds and suffer consequences... nothing means anything anymore.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 3
54 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I think the show knew what to do with Robin until she was diagnosed with HIV after that their options to write for her were limited course it helped at that point we only saw her in visits as KM was going to college.

Carly and Sami at one point were also written as heroines of the show but at least with Sami the show has other characters humble her at times and isn't on all the time. Carly not so much. However I agree I do think 

Robin wasn't always perfect either she went behind the wheel after drinking alcohol while she was dating Stone, used to sneak around Mac's back to be with him etc. She pushed boundaries but not to the point where she was a sociopath who was normalized.  Which is Days problem these days they act like being a serial killer is no big deal but don't realize they neuter the drama when they treat people like Eve was the villain for wanting her daughter's killer to suffer. 

At least Claire is still a bit of a pariah but she's also a woman so sexism is afoot there...

Characters can be written with nuance and flaws but that doesn't mean flaws= sociopathic behavior but step out of bounds and suffer consequences... nothing means anything anymore.

Exactly, Carrie as a kid was a brat to Isabella because she was so protective of Roman/John and did not want to see him get hurt after Marlena died and he broke up with Diana.  Eventually, they bonded.  Carrie as an adult was reeling from the news that John as Roman was not her dad.  She no longer felt bonded to real Roman and resented his overbearing presence. It pushed her to act out.  She had a crush on Lawrence Alamain, she tried to sleep with him, the pervert did nothing to dissuade her crush and John stopped her in time from doing the deed by pulling a gun on Lawrence who was a rapist. She was also jealous of baby Brady because he was John's first biological child and it really cemented to Carrie that she was no longer his firstborn child.  Rojohn/ Carrie had such a special bond.

Carrie also lost Anna, Marlena and Diana as maternal figures and the show never used that to drive stories for Carrie. Instead, she became a noncharacter who reacted to Sami's latest schemes against her.. Sami was given layers while Carrie never became more than her punching bag.. Carrie was dumbed down so that Sami could pull off her many schemes.  She lost the ingenuity and bravery that she possessed as a child who stood up to Stefano when she was his captive. Carrie going after Rafe with Marlena's tacit approval was so gross and it did not endear her to many fans who saw her as a self-righteous hypocrite..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 6
38 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Exactly, Carrie as a kid was a brat to Isabella because she was so protective of Roman/John and did not want to see him get hurt after Marlena died and he broke up with Diana.  Eventually, they bonded.  Carrie as an adult was reeling from the news that John as Roman was not her dad.  She no longer felt bonded to real Roman and resented his overbearing presence. It pushed her to act out.  She had a crush on Lawrence Alamain, she tried to sleep with him, the pervert did nothing to dissuade her crush and John stopped her in time from doing the deed by pulling a gun on Lawrence who was a rapist. She was also jealous of baby Brady because he was John's first biological child and it really cemented to Carrie that she was no longer his firstborn child.  Rojohn/ Carrie had such a special bond.

Carrie also lost Anna, Marlena and Diana as maternal figures and the show never used that to drive stories for Carrie. Instead, she became a noncharacter who reacted to Sami's latest schemes against her.. Sami was given layers while Carrie never became more than her punching bag.. Carrie was dumbed down so that Sami could pull off her many schemes.  She lost the ingenuity and bravery that she possessed as a child who stood up to Stefano when she was his captive. Carrie going after Rafe with Marlena's tacit approval was so gross and it did not endear her to many fans who saw her as a self-righteous hypocrite..

The Lawrence thing wasn't entirely accurate as when she snuck into his bed he tried to stall her from actual sex until John barged in. I do agree Carrie was way better as a child than she was as an adult which was rather nondescript and the only interesting thing they had her do was cheat.

They could've had written Ciara this way if she was going to be the heroine.. flawed but with inherent decency. Claire could've been her Sami I mean on paper that's what they were going for but Ciara was braindead and Claire had to go to a crazy bin.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 3

Carrie has the misfortune to be pretty and nice with no real direction in her life and she locked into a relationship with Austin that limited her storylines. Sure now she is an attorney, but that happened offscreen after she left in 2006.

Same thing with Belle. Stuck with eternally with Shawn D and no real career until also becomes an attorney offscreen.

It seems when the show didn't have idea what to do with a character, they just made them a lawyer, (see Justin).

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Carrie has the misfortune to be pretty and nice with no real direction in her life and she locked into a relationship with Austin that limited her storylines. Sure now she is an attorney, but that happened offscreen after she left in 2006.

Same thing with Belle. Stuck with eternally with Shawn D and no real career until also becomes an attorney offscreen.

It seems when the show didn't have idea what to do with a character, they just made them a lawyer, (see Justin).

You have a point there although with Justin it made a lot more sense back then and he used to be competent. Course he was in an era that had better writing Justin was more fleshed out as an individual and the writing wasn't as trite.

As opposed to today where they just slap an occupation on a character but don't use it as a driving force for their storylines/existence. 

Although I think the show did a bit better job with Carrie than Belle as Carrie/Austin mentioned they both went back to school, worked long hours for their career changes even if it was off screen I appreciated that detail about them.  Especially since it tied into their return in 2011.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Pearson80 said:

She was also jealous of baby Brady because he was John's first biological child and it really cemented to Carrie that she was no longer his firstborn child.  Rojohn/ Carrie had such a special bond.

I think they still do, as seen when Carrie visits. I'm NOT saying she doesn't love Roman, but honestly, I think she still considers John a second father.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

I think they still do, as seen when Carrie visits. I'm NOT saying she doesn't love Roman, but honestly, I think she still considers John a second father.

During her last visit on the show, Ron actually wanted to write for Carrie and Jarlena but the producers told him no, because they said that Jarlena had Sami and Belle and they did not need to have scenes with Carrie.  It goes to show you that these producers don't care about the show's history, unbelievable! I was floored when I heard that.. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Useful 2
1 minute ago, Pearson80 said:

During her last visit on the show, Ron actually wanted to write for Carrie and Jarlena but the producers told him no, because they said that Jarlena had Sami and Belle and they did not need to have scenes with Carrie.  It goes to show you that these producers don't care about the show's history, unbelievable! I was floored when I heard that.. 

I never heard that! And people wonder why ratings are in the shitter.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Well while I like Carrie I do think it would be redundant in today's version of the show. I shudder to think how Ron would write her given how he writes everyone else..

We may have dodged a bullet(Rafe aside).

On 8/28/2020 at 3:57 PM, RunningMarket said:

I read this and looked up at the photo and for a moment or two, thought the flower pot behind her head was part of her hairstyle... 😆

Haha! Me too. I thought she looked totally frumpy until you made me realize what I was seeing. 

14 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

You mean this baby crap is STILL going on?  Just put the kid on Ebay like Allie was going to do eventually and get it over with.

She was the wrong choice for this storyline. I know they wanted to bring Sami back to Salem but there were a 1000 different ways they could've done it instead. Stephanie should've returned to Salem pregnant with Philip's baby instead. 

I also think they're dragging this out because this will relate to Eric's exit from the show.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

She was the wrong choice for this storyline. I know they wanted to bring Sami back to Salem but there were a 1000 different ways they could've done it instead. Stephanie should've returned to Salem pregnant with Philip's baby instead. 

I also think they're dragging this out because this will relate to Eric's exit from the show.

Do we know when Eric leaves?  Because he can't get out of Salem fast enough for me.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

We don't know yet. The fans who worship CIN are likely not to accept a recast due to VK and RSW's "amazing chemistry!!!"

*cough*

She seems to have moved on though so...TIIC are in a pickle.

Ben should accidentally kill himself with a necktie in an autoerotic asphyxiation mishap, and Ciara can remain missing - problem solved lol.  They could even have Ben shirtless and oiled up for his big death scene, which is how this show likes him.

With Sami and Lucas back for an extended stay, I wonder if they will get their own places to stay or if Ron is going to have these two middle aged grandparents living with their own parents for the next year?

• Love 5
2 hours ago, bubble sparkly said:

With Sami and Lucas back for an extended stay, I wonder if they will get their own places to stay or if Ron is going to have these two middle aged grandparents living with their own parents for the next year?

I was thinking the exact same thing! They need their own places.

They won't get them. They'll continue to stay, inexplicably, at the DiMansion. On the plus side, maybe Sami will snark at Failure. Would have been more satisfying if it were Mansi playing her though.

• Love 2

Assuming this isn't a dream/ghost if this gets Joey out of jail I'm for it.

However Tripp does need his mom for character development if he's sticking around. I just hope its brief because she'll end up neutered like others if she sticks around.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Tamara Braun is back as Ava.  Doesn't that mean Joey should get out of jail?

I never saw TB as Ava, but if her acting is anything like it was on GH...blergh, I'll pass. The only good thing to come out of Ava being alive is, hopefully, Joey being freed and reunited with his parents. That I would love to see.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

One of the possible daddies:

"But does Jack have a second secret daughter? And is it Gwen Rizczech? Remember, Jack grew up in a wealthy family.

So, there’s a chance he attended boarding school and college abroad in England. It’s plausible he fathered a child during his younger wild bachelor days. If Gwen Rizczech is Jack’s daughter, that could explain why she tries to get in Abigail’s good graces on Days of our Lives."

I'm actually surprised Jack doesn't already have a secret kid considering how many times he's been off the canvas. So, I wouldn't put it past the show to give him a kid to throw a wrench in his current blissful life with Jennifer. I don't really care for Gwen but I could warm up to her if she is Jack's spawn, and her existence would certainly screw with Abigail. Color me intrigued...

• Love 6
21 minutes ago, bunnyblue said:

I'm actually surprised Jack doesn't already have a secret kid considering how many times he's been off the canvas. So, I wouldn't put it past the show to give him a kid to throw a wrench in his current blissful life with Jennifer. I don't really care for Gwen but I could warm up to her if she is Jack's spawn, and her existence would certainly screw with Abigail. Color me intrigued...

And it'd align with Jack and Jenn getting a story in the fall. 

I'm not sure I'd want it because it'd interfere with JJ and Abigail's status as one of the few full siblings with no half siblings out there.  But it should be a pre-Kayla baby if that's where they go.  Jack ain't the type to go into casual relationships. (Keen Eddie version doesn't count).

• Love 1

That was my thought, too - since Jack and Jen get a story and Gwen is supposed to be bonding with Abifail, it makes sense. That said, I am then thinking that Gwen is the one who drugged "her sister" since Abby got the princess life and Gwen got nada. And it would make sense to go after her husband, not that Chad is such a prize. It sounds like a Lifetime movie - Gwen will be the nanny to Abifail's kids, and will try to turn them and Chad into her perfect little family.

I haven't watched for a while (having Sami back cemented it for me), but it is getting hard to even read about these stories! And having Ava come back and Tripp and Jake being involved with the mob is just too too much.

• Love 3