Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

I’m all about Lucas and Sami cutting her off. In total agreement that the other people in Allie’s life need a “Bullying” apparently to not indulge her every whim. Yes she gets to choose who adopts her baby but treating it like a hot potato has taken all the air out of this story. Not to mention the complete overreaction to Sami talking to Rafe. This “betrayal“ has been ridiculous. 

• Love 10

LOL has Sami been practicing sorcery? Legend has it sorceress get glowing eyes or smoking hands while casting spells. 

3 hours ago, QueenSerena said:

"They've battled over men before...".  Um, one of those slaps in there is because Nicole STOLE SAMI'S BABY, which kinda ties into what's going on now.  They're weren't just cat fighting over some dude.  Why not just say "They've battled each other for years..." or something like that?

• Love 6

Oh no, OKR is gone?  I was really looking forward to her scenes with KDP.  Those two were magic together as Claire and Eve. 

We'll see how I feel about the new woman but it'll be hard to have feelings about any fractured relationship the way I probably would have if OKR was still in the role. 

• Love 5

If Ericole leave HEA I would be ok with it because if she stuck around I could see the show finding a way to bring Daniel back due to Covid(or they could go the Jake route and have SC play someone else) and pass.

Even though I don't think if one actor leaves the other part of the pairing has to go with them if they want to stay. Especially with Nicole who never needed Eric to be relevant as she spent over a decade on this show not giving him a second thought.

Like I said I figure that's what Paige was going to do. Well at least she'll most likely stay dead afterwards so yay!

Times like these I'm glad this show forgets JJ exists.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

"They've battled over men before...".  Um, one of those slaps in there is because Nicole STOLE SAMI'S BABY, which kinda ties into what's going on now.  They're weren't just cat fighting over some dude.  Why not just say "They've battled each other for years..." or something like that?

I mean when have they ever fought over a man? 

Austin? Nicole left town before she had a chance to get her hooks into him.

EJ? I mean at the time, Sami insisted that she was in love with Lucas and only stayed married to EJ to keep him from being deported.. Then she went into witness protection and met the succubus named Rafe and she stuck with him for the next four - five years before she reunited with EJ. Meanwhile EJ married Nicole twice. Once because he thought that she gave birth to their child (Sydney). The second time to give the kids a mother figure and because he was pissed at Sami for shooting him and then marrying the succubus.

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I mean...they're kinda in a sense fighting over a man now - Eric.  You know they're both going to try and get him on-side.

Honestly Nicole breaking Eric's heart and marrying Lucas for 5 million dollars was what caused Sami to hate Nicole FOREVER. Prior to that they were friendly and it was Sami that discovered Nicole and offer the job of model at Titan/Bella.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Monday August 17:

Eric and Nicole receive a restraining order from Sami.

Tuesday August 18:

John collapses!

Wednesday August 19:

Xander is threatened by Philip’s unexpected return.

Thursday August 20:

Gabi doesn’t react well to Will and Sonny’s big decision; Vincent puts the final nail in Ciara’s coffin.

Friday August 21:

Eve marks the anniversary of her daughter’s death.

From soaps.com

• Love 2
2 hours ago, QueenSerena said:

Eric and Nicole receive a restraining order from Sami.

Tuesday August 18:

John collapses!

Wednesday August 19:

Xander is threatened by Philip’s unexpected return.

Thursday August 20:

Gabi doesn’t react well to Will and Sonny’s big decision; Vincent puts the final nail in Ciara’s coffin.

Friday August 21:

Eve marks the anniversary of her daughter’s death.

...these all sound kind of epic. Team Sami for keeping the baby away from Nicole...wish we could actually see Sami in court explaining why Nicole has no business meddling with another child of hers after the Sydney scandal. At the same time, I'm proud of Nicole lately. She's been being her best self....

What's up with John?? That came out of nowhere. Hope he won't be brain chip brainwashed too.

Eve grieving. My heart isn't ready. 😖 Kassie is gonna make this hurt. I could barely watch her heart break the first time.

It's going to be really strange seeing characters leave town over Allie's stupid baby drama, considering they've stayed through a Siege, Serial Killer killing spree and Stevano. Way to clear the room, Allie!

Oh God...is that more Rope?! Please no. KA left to spare us this, I'm guessing...

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 4

Tuesday August 18:

John collapses!

And Doc kisses him and magically brings him back to health/life/whateverthehellitisTHIStime.

At least thist time it won't be Marlena in a hospital bed.  Show had her in the hospital so much in the recent past I'm surprised she didn't get bed sores.

Truth be told, though, I could go a lot longer without another John or Marlena centered storyline.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 6

.... really? I feel like she hasn't had a hospital stay since her wedding coma with the Hattie switch like...two years ago?

But point taken. I am also tired of the weepy hospital bed stories (Jack and Jen, Sonny and Will, etc)

• Love 3

Well, I figure that John can't stay on the  hospital bed too long since they will need it every single time Lani gets a twinge or feels a kick and gets herself straight to the hospital!

I hope that NuClaire turns Eve in, but she probably won't.

• Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

.... really? I feel like she hasn't had a hospital stay since her wedding coma with the Hattie switch like...two years ago?

But point taken. I am also tired of the weepy hospital bed stories (Jack and Jen, Sonny and Will, etc)

Remember when Stevano kidnapped her?  I don't remember if she was drugged or had a chip put in her, one or the other, to make her love Stevano, but she was hospitalized to reverse all that after she was rescued.  I don't blame you if you've blanked all that out!

At least that time, Belle wasn't there to pull the plug.

Edited by boes
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

...these all sound kind of epic. Team Sami for keeping the baby away from Nicole...wish we could actually see Sami in court explaining why Nicole has no business meddling with another child of hers after the Sydney scandal. At the same time, I'm proud of Nicole lately. She's been being her best self....

What's up with John?? That came out of nowhere. Hope he won't be brain chip brainwashed too.

Eve grieving. My heart isn't ready. 😖 Kassie is gonna make this hurt. I could barely watch her heart break the first time.

It's going to be really strange seeing characters leave town over Allie's stupid baby drama, considering they've stayed through a Siege, Serial Killer killing spree and Stevano. Way to clear the room, Allie!

Oh God...is that more Rope?! Please no. KA left to spare us this, I'm guessing...

Well considering Galen is leaving first I don't expect this to go anywhere. Course now I'm wondering if Rafe leaves alive they may have Rope reunite off screen as much as that would suck at least its offscreen.

Looks like TV Guide released everything, so here goes:

Monday, August 17:

Eric and Nicole receive a restraining order from Sami. Marlena and Kate argue over what's best for Allie's baby. Sarah and Xander share a romantic afternoon. Victor and Bonnie spar.

Tuesday, August 18:

Nicole and Eric have a heated confrontation with Sami. John collapses. Philip returns to Salem. Xander gets good news.

Wednesday, August 19:

Marlena receives grave news about John's condition. Xander is threatened by Philip's unexpected return. Sami keeps the truth from her family. Sonny is offered an opportunity he cannot refuse.

Thursday, August 20:

Gwen tries to use Chad to make Jake jealous. Gabi doesn't react well to Will and Sonny's big decision. Rafe comes to Hope's rescue. Vincent puts the final nail in Ciara's coffin.

Friday, August 21:

Steve sits vigil for John. Kayla and Jennifer give Hope advice about Rafe. Ben comforts Marlena. Eve marks the anniversary of her daughter's death.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Retired at last said:

Well, I figure that John can't stay on the  hospital bed too long since they will need it every single time Lani gets a twinge or feels a kick and gets herself straight to the hospital!

I hope that NuClaire turns Eve in, but she probably won't.

Lani can’t go to a clinic or visit her doctor? What a waste of expensive hospital resources.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Hope never loved him. He was a comfortable alternative, nothing more.

While that's true that won't stop the show  since Rope was always hated from Day 1 and yet the show went with them despite fan reaction. I guess they could have Hope find Bo alive offscreen and they reunite(which would be preferable) but I doubt they would do that tbh.

I'm all for Kayla/Jennifer/Hope bonding scenes not over Rafe though...

• Love 1

Where is Lucas in all this Allie baby drama?  I really hope he's not offscreen for this fight over the baby because that would be ludicrous.

Also, the only way the Allie stuff makes even the tiniest bit of sense to me is if EJ is the father.  It would at least explain why Allie ran away, was deadset on not telling Sami, why she refuses to tell anyone who the father is, and why she appears to run off after bonding with her baby (instead of deciding to keep it - which no one would have a problem with).

• Love 3
59 minutes ago, QueenSerena said:

Gwen tries to use Chad to make Jake jealous. Gabi doesn't react well to Will and Sonny's big decision.

I feel like this is what will lead to Gabi's exit. Tbh I'm getting sad thinking about so many people leaving. However..

1 hour ago, QueenSerena said:

Vincent puts the final nail in Ciara's coffin.

Buh bye 😅

1 hour ago, QueenSerena said:

Ben comforts Marlena

I guess its too much to ask that one of her actual children comfort her?

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, howmanywords said:

I guess its too much to ask that one of her actual children comfort her?

Maybe Marlena will adopt him. Or cheat on John with him. Why not? The show is called Everybody Loves Ben, right?

No? Shocker.

• LOL 8
  • Love 3

Cray “Sonny gets an opportunity he cannot refuse.” & “Gabi doesn’t react well to Will and Sonny’s big decision” so he finally got a job (after like 4 years Days time) without even looking. At least we know he’ll always be on dress code Bro wore suits and ties just to mope around his Grandpa’s house. 

I don’t care about John’s sudden medical crisis. Although it’s a nice change from his or Doc’s monthly rotisserie of being kidnapped. I just hope Kayla doesn’t try to harvest any of his organs prematurely as she’s prone to do. Or maybe she could take his olfactory glands and the recipient will have to spend the rest of their life permanently smelling farts. 

Why would Hope need advice about Rafe? They’ve worked together for decades and were married for years. She knows him pretty well and he’s an open easy to read book. Like one of those Golden ones for beginners. 

In a more logical world Xander and Phillip wouldn’t be rivals. They’d actually be friends. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, bubble sparkly said:

and why she appears to run off after bonding with her baby (instead of deciding to keep it - which no one would have a problem with).

You would hope a LOT of people have a problem with her deciding to keep her baby.  Anyone who would essentially abandon it, leaving a note, has absolutely no business thinking they can raise a child.  A RATIONAL person (not someone who simply runs away when there is an issue) would stay around and make sure the child is being taken care of properly.  Does she not realize that before a family member can take it in it very often ends up in foster care while the court makes a decision?  She is really demonstrating that someone else SHOULD take over and make decisions for her as she is completely incapable of doing it herself.  Who's her next parent of the year, the homeless guy who lives in Horton Square?

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:
3 hours ago, bubble sparkly said:

and why she appears to run off after bonding with her baby (instead of deciding to keep it - which no one would have a problem with).

You would hope a LOT of people have a problem with her deciding to keep her baby.  Anyone who would essentially abandon it, leaving a note, has absolutely no business thinking they can raise a child

Lucas and Sami have been pretty vocal about wanting Allie to keep her baby.  So if, after holding the kid, she grew attached and decided not to put it up for adoption, I don't see why they wouldn't support her change of heart.  I also don't think the rest of the Horton/Brady clan would have an issue with Allie keeping the baby either.  Allie has definitely been acting like an immature brat, but up until now she hasn't actually done anything that would put her parental rights in jeopardy.

Even next week when she apparently runs off and leaves her baby at the hospital, aren't most hospitals "safe drop" zones or whatever that mothers can hand off a baby to without repercussion if they don't want to keep their child?  Now, she might have an issue if she subsequently comes back and wants to re-establish / keep parental rights, but this is Salem lol.  Rapists, drug dealers and murderers never seem to have problems having custody of their kids, so an immature 22 y/o who regrets an impulsive and bone headed decision probably won't have too much trouble.  Especially since Allie is a rich white girl who probably has a bunch of family members willing to lend a hand. I'm guessing all she would have to do is take one parenting class and the Salem courts would say she was good to go lol.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, bubble sparkly said:

Also, the only way the Allie stuff makes even the tiniest bit of sense to me is if EJ is the father.  It would at least explain why Allie ran away, was deadset on not telling Sami, why she refuses to tell anyone who the father is, and why she appears to run off after bonding with her baby (instead of deciding to keep it - which no one would have a problem with).

That is dark. Allie having sex with the crispy amnesiac reanimated corpse of her stepfather, who raped her mother?!?

Please Ron: NO.

7 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

She knows him pretty well and he’s an open easy to read book. Like one of those Golden ones for beginners.

Ha! Nice one.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I am NOT here for Ben usurping Will's role in Marlena's life.

Or Sami, Eric or Bellle. All of which the actors were still filming when this scene will take place.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, bubble sparkly said:

It really would be the best choice for how they're writing Allie but it's so, so nasty that it's like why go there. RC loves this kind of shit though so maybe.

I forget, have they talked about EJ at all recently? Like do we know if he was still an incapacitated amnesic recently or not? Not that it matters, if Ron wants to go there then the past plots don't matter anyway lol.

I feel like one of the mags has Tripp and Theo as the possible baby daddies though. If so, then why the hell is she so cagey about him? I guess she thinks Claire might set her on fire if she finds out or something.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I also think its Tripp

1) He's not related to most of Salem like Allie is

2) There's a reason why Claire of all people was asking who the father was? Tripp would get the worst reaction from her. 

I don't see the rest of Salem caring about Tripp being the father beyond Claire and Steve/Kayla.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I forget, have they talked about EJ at all recently? Like do we know if he was still an incapacitated amnesic recently or not? Not that it matters, if Ron wants to go there then the past plots don't matter anyway lol.

My ears have perked up at every mention of him, because I'm curious how they're playing this out. The last few times it happened, they said he was improving, but never made any reference to whether or not he was walking, talking or remembering things. This leaves it vague enough that they can suggest he's been in bed all this time or that they can later on claim he's been up and about if they wants to make him responsible for some activities, like how they have teased someone doing evil things before revealing it was actually Vivian or Orpheus or Eve or whoever.

My guess is that Ron doesn't want to recast the character because he knows there will be a backlash because James Scott was beloved and Alison Sweeney is of course still playing Sami every once in awhile. Pairing her up with a new EJ will only invite harsh comparisons. Maybe the issue is that she won't return to the show for a longer stint. Maybe it's that they don't know how to recast. I don't know and personally I would prefer he never come back to the land of the living because he was a pretty gross character. If Stefan was considered tarnished after 2 years of doing what he did, how is it EJ lasted like a decade on this show raping someone and then marrying her and then shooting her in the head and getting shot by her in the head etc etc etc...

Let him go, I say.

So yeah the bottom line is they've left it wide open. He could still die or just turn up perfectly healthy or just remain healthy off camera. I don't think they've decided yet.

• Love 4

Well EJ came when Twitter wasn't nearly as popular as it was now. He also didn't start off with raping Sami he was around being a race car driver who Abby had a crush on, then was around Kate first I think.  Stefan started off with the DID storyline and had very little going else with him afterwards. I also think James Scott was charismatic enough to get beyond EJ's dastardly deeds as opposed to Tyler Christopher's version. Stefan didn't even become popular until Brandon took over and interacted with CB/Gabi. Then they were shortsighted enough to kill him off afterwards.

• Love 1

Also soaps in particular have a looooooooong history of treating rape as foreplay (hello Luke and Laura!) so the audience is conditioned to not see it as a big deal unless the show decides it is.

The only way Ben and Marlena's BFF relationship makes any sense is if they were to acknowledge her own history as a serial killer. THAT I would buy.

• Love 6

I think they moved into the rape storyline pretty quickly after he started, IIRC.  I mean, he might have had a few months where that wasn't his story but the rape of Sami happened once they started having EJ flirt with Sami/become interested in her. 

And I don't think they saw it as rape when it happened.  I think they meant to have Sami sleep with EJ as a choice she made and not "she had no other choice in order to save Lucas."  They were filming closer to air back then so even though Twitter wasn't around, they got significant backlash that they had to sort of alter the story (total spec on my part) but didn't treat it seriously enough that it should have meant EJ and Sami were a no go.  But hell, EJ and Sami fans who were still making the original show's argument for them.

And just because Twitter wasn't around doesn't mean there wasn't significant online activity.  Before Twitter there were message boards to flock to. I was on them. This was both a major point of contention/debate.

It's why I kind of like the idea of EJ being Sami's baby instead of Trip.  Is it dark?  Yes.  Very.  But could EJ hallucinate and see Allie as as a young Sami he was obsessed over?  Sure.  Especially if he's semi-recuperating.  And could Allie sleep with EJ as a way of getting revenge towards her mother because she's mad at her?  Also true. 

I don't even think they'd need EJ to tell the story if James doesn't want to appear.  In fact, if he never wants to come back to DOOL, it makes it even more worth playing. All I think they'd need is Lucas and Sami to have the story of the long lingering effects of trauma and decisions play out.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1