Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

I wouldn't mind it being EJ for those reasons because at least it would make Allie a lot more sympathetic to me here. This would make a great soapy drama which could connect everyone on the canvas but Ron is the writer and I don't think there are any soap writers alive that would do this story justice either.

Instead as I predicted the Allie baby daddy reveal will be a dud storyline like David's was and Allie is just an obnoxious brat(which I normally would be fine with if they established how she got that way) we're supposed to sympathize with for "reasons"

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

I think it's kind of hilarious that as soon as they want to shuffle Sonny off the show, they finally give him a job. And who would hire him at this point? Who would call him up out of the blue and offer him anything? Doesn't it reflect badly on a businessman, especially one who was briefly CEO of a major corporation, to be unemployed for two or three years? Wouldn't that sour his reputation?

I miss the days when young Chad and young Sonny seemed so enterprising and determined to make it on their own and not because of family connections.

• Love 4

I really wish they never took away Sonny's coffee shop that was more suited for him even owning Club TBD. I wouldn't mind Will/Sonny realizing Salem is nuts and they just want a fresh start elsewhere and Sonny misses owning his own business.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I really wish they never took away Sonny's coffee shop that was more suited for him even owning Club TBD. I wouldn't mind Will/Sonny realizing Salem is nuts and they just want a fresh start elsewhere and Sonny misses owning his own business.

Same here, Sonny wanting to make something of himself without his family's money and influence was endearing.. Soaps used to give  the characters careers ambitions and goals outside of their turbulent love lives. At times,  their jobs would drive stories for them and that is what happened with Jack /Jennifer at the spectator and Marlena at the hospital as a psychiatrist..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 7
54 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Same here, Sonny wanting to make something of himself without his family's money and influence was endearing.. Soaps used to give  the characters careers ambitions and goals outside of their turbulent love lives. At times,  their jobs would drive stories for them and that is what happened with Jack /Jennifer at the spectator and Marlena at the hospital as a psychiatrist..

Yeah while seeing The Spectator is a pipe dream they could actually have J&J investigate the crazy happenings of this town. Have Jack adjust to the digital age and compare that to what he dealt with back then could've had some funny moments there but no that's too much effort for the show to exert.

The only character in recent years to want to make career changes because they actually had goals was JJ of course they never did much with him being an EMT (beyond his intro to Haley) and before that when he became a cop(because Paige died and he wanted to be a better person for her). There may have been others but that one stood out.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 5

From TV Guide. When mentioning the VK, KA and GV exits Corday mentions that no one ever really dies in Salem.Wonder if thats a hint we'll see one of them die (or presumed dead)

IMG_20200810_000503~2.jpg

Edited by howmanywords
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2

I could see the show having Eric presumed dead much like Eric thought Nicole was dead at one point. He moved onto Sarah and Nicole returns.

The show may have Nicole move onto Brady and have Eric return.

This is Ron the show isn't original so...

• Love 3

5 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Please no more Nicole/Brady....

Completely played out and completely stale 

The time has come to reunite Brady and Chloe 

Why cant Nicole just leave with Eric or better yet why cant they stay in Salem and just have Nicole onscreen and Eric being offscreen . They could simply have Nicole stating that Eric is at work or he is at the park playing with Holly ..

Edited by Rafael
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I could see the show having Eric presumed dead much like Eric thought Nicole was dead at one point. He moved onto Sarah and Nicole returns.

The show may have Nicole move onto Brady and have Eric return.

This is Ron the show isn't original so...

Ugh !!! Reading those possibilities just gave me a headache. Imagine watching it unfold onscreen. 

How many times have we seen this "presumed dead " scenario and having that "presumed dead" character's partner moving on with somebody ? 

Edited by Rafael
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, howmanywords said:

From TV Guide. When mentioning the VK, KA and GV exits Corday mentions that no one ever really dies in Salem.Wonder if thats a hint we'll see one of them die (or presumed dead)

IMG_20200810_000503~2.jpg

Read spoilers. Apparently John Black will collapse and end up becoming hospitalised . While waiting for John's diagnostic results ,Our resident Serial Killer will be there to provide Marlena with some  comforting words and hugs. Awwwwwww, how adorable .....not!!! 

Gee , I Wonder why He didnt sing a lullaby when he was busy killing Serena ,Paige and Wendy in order to help them sleep on a permanent basis. 

• Love 2

11 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Plus it was laughable when they tried to depict him as this power hungry wannabe corporate thug during Deimos's reign of terror. 

Nobody bought that ! 

• Love 3
17 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I think it's kind of hilarious that as soon as they want to shuffle Sonny off the show, they finally give him a job. And who would hire him at this point? Who would call him up out of the blue and offer him anything? Doesn't it reflect badly on a businessman, especially one who was briefly CEO of a major corporation, to be unemployed for two or three years? Wouldn't that sour his reputation?

I miss the days when young Chad and young Sonny seemed so enterprising and determined to make it on their own and not because of family connections.

15 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

11 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Yeah while seeing The Spectator is a pipe dream they could actually have J&J investigate the crazy happenings of this town. Have Jack adjust to the digital age and compare that to what he dealt with back then could've had some funny moments there but no that's too much effort for the show to exert.

The only character in recent years to want to make career changes because they actually had goals was JJ of course they never did much with him being an EMT (beyond his intro to Haley) and before that when he became a cop(because Paige died and he wanted to be a better person for her). There may have been others but that one stood out.

I feel like I sound like a broken record because I keep asking for drama as opposed to DRAMA.  Add Brady/Nicole running Basic Black vs. Gabi doing Gabi Chic and you could have set the stage for realistic drama/plots that could have made the characters more compelling.   Did anyone REALLY want the endless kidnappings, comas (near deaths), mind control, brain chip crap we've been enduring?  As much as I hate the whole Allie and her volleyball (oops, I meant Allie and her baby) plot, at least it deals with realistic things - characters, misunderstandings, etc.  

• Love 9
17 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Please no more Nicole/Brady....

Yet its a reliable standby of the show because both actors are left standing. I actually liked Brady/Nicole. My second fave relationship of hers after EJ. 

Nicole won't have to stifle herself with him she can be her true snarky self something I don't get in her scenes with Eric. That being said Brady has always been her second choice and I rather they just stay friends. 

However if it gets him away from Kristen I'm for it. I would personally prefer Brady/Chloe reunite(I find it strange the show has no interest in going there unless they are waiting for the very end of Days to do so?)

• Love 3

I would assume they're going for Chloe and Philip as end game, since they were one of the last really popular couples.

Brady ran her out of town and seemed on the verge of beating her when she admitted to still having feelings for Eric. Brady got involved with her knowing she spent the last several years dealing with very complicated feelings for Eric. If Brady ever gets back involved with her he's just scum. He always acts like there's no other fish in the sea but he's a wealthy guy with good looks and could have anybody he wanted. Stop being so desperate and acting like every woman you sleep with is your soulmate. And if you actually want to maintain your sobriety and come off like a decent guy, stop sleeping with your brother's soulmate.

The only time I liked Nicole and Brady together was when she was being a friend to him after he broke up with Kristen in 2013.

And I definitely don't think Nicole needs a certain man to give her spark. She's got plenty of spark on her own when written properly.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Yet its a reliable standby of the show because both actors are left standing. I actually liked Brady/Nicole. My second fave relationship of hers after EJ. 

Nicole won't have to stifle herself with him she can be her true snarky self something I don't get in her scenes with Eric. That being said Brady has always been her second choice and I rather they just stay friends. 

However if it gets him away from Kristen I'm for it. I would personally prefer Brady/Chloe reunite(I find it strange the show has no interest in going there unless they are waiting for the very end of Days to do so?)

I’m fine with them revisiting Bricole, too. Nicole can be her fun, snarky self with Brady. With Eric it’s like Nicole is putting on a front. She has to be “perfect” for him .

• Love 4
3 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I would assume they're going for Chloe and Philip as end game, since they were one of the last really popular couples.

Brady ran her out of town and seemed on the verge of beating her when she admitted to still having feelings for Eric. Brady got involved with her knowing she spent the last several years dealing with very complicated feelings for Eric. If Brady ever gets back involved with her he's just scum. He always acts like there's no other fish in the sea but he's a wealthy guy with good looks and could have anybody he wanted. Stop being so desperate and acting like every woman you sleep with is your soulmate. And if you actually want to maintain your sobriety and come off like a decent guy, stop sleeping with your brother's soulmate.

The only time I liked Nicole and Brady together was when she was being a friend to him after he broke up with Kristen in 2013.

And I definitely don't think Nicole needs a certain man to give her spark. She's got plenty of spark on her own when written properly.

Yeah I don't want that either as I love Philip and have disliked her for years but Stephanie Johnson isn't walking through that door... I guess I should be glad its not Melanie.

Despite the show trying to sell Ericole as this great star crossed love for the last 20 years. Nicole spent most of that time not giving Eric a second thought. She has chosen other men over him. She was waffling between EJ and Brady through the years Eric was a nonfactor she has more onscreen romantic history with Brady than she does with Eric as much as the show wants to ignore this. Brady was engaged to Nicole, Eric doesn't own her he was the one that went into the priesthood etc. Its not like he didn't have a valid reason to be upset with her cheating on him. I always hate how people dismiss Eric being a bad brother in that regard because he did the same thing to Rex w/Sarah.

Nicole will never be written properly nobody on this show will but I like the energy between Brady/Nicole vs Eric/Nicole. I think Nicole can stand alone but she works better with an edgy guy to keep that going. That's not Eric who accepts a sanitized version of her. Brady has no illusions about Nicole.

Regardless I rather they stay friends because we all know how this will end and I always wanted their friendship to be maintained. I just am in the "If Brady is going to stick around anybody but Faux Kristen" camp.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 2

Tripp being the baby daddy is so pointless. Why is Allie acting so cagey about it? Like who the fuck cares? I guess she really is afraid Claire will set her on fire lol. Or I guess maybe she was afraid Steve would try to get custody and she wanted to be able to use the baby as a tool against her mother so she didn't want any outsiders involved lol.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, peachmangosteen said:

Tripp being the baby daddy is so pointless. Why is Allie acting so cagey about it? Like who the fuck cares? I guess she really is afraid Claire will set her on fire lol. Or I guess maybe she was afraid Steve would try to get custody and she wanted to be able to use the baby as a tool against her mother so she didn't want any outsiders involved lol.

Also, being the irresponsible person she is who simply  runs away from everything, she doesn't want to have to deal with the fact that father's also have rights.  Think how many other people she would have to avoid.

• Love 2

Yeah, if Tripp is the father that’s boring as hell. Two unrelated adults had consentual sex - how scandalous! Apart from Tripp going through Horton/Brady family members like he’s Brooke Logan (that would  mean he’s hooked up with Claire, Allie and Ciara right?) who cares?

I’d almost rather they make Philip the father and deal with the consequences of incestuous uncle fucking - at least that might have a chance of being interesting lol!

• LOL 3
3 hours ago, bubble sparkly said:

Yeah, if Tripp is the father that’s boring as hell. Two unrelated adults had consentual sex - how scandalous! Apart from Tripp going through Horton/Brady family members like he’s Brooke Logan (that would  mean he’s hooked up with Claire, Allie and Ciara right?) who cares?

I’d almost rather they make Philip the father and deal with the consequences of incestuous uncle fucking - at least that might have a chance of being interesting lol!

Well did anyone expect otherwise? This is much like David's paternity did anyone really care that Jordan/Christian had a kid? I rather have had Stephanie return pregnant but not let anyone know who the father was. Yet we find out its Phillip's but nobody knows except Xander/Sarah. Sarah because she's Stephanie's doctor and can relate, Xander finds out and uses this to his advantage somehow especially if he is at odds with Phillip.  Phillp returns tries to reconnect w/ Chloe but is thwarted by finding out about Stephanie being pregnant. It would be a nice role reversal from years ago w/ Phillip/Stephanie/Parker from years ago.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 8/10/2020 at 6:28 PM, CanaryFan98 said:

Liked Nicole with anyone except for EJ.  Nicole and Brady, Nicole and Eric.  Nicole and Dr. Dan all worked for me.,

Edited by bobcat1946
  • Love 1
28 minutes ago, bobcat1946 said:

Liked Nicole with anyone except for EJ.  Nicole and Brady, Nicole and Eric.  Nicole and Dr. Dan all worked for me.,

I liked Nicole with EJ and hated her other romances on the show.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 4

I liked Nicole and EJ a lot until he started violently putting his hands on her. I remember him trying to choke her at least once. I like the chemistry between Nicole and EJ better though. For quite awhile as each year has gone by I've liked Nicole less and less, especially once it was made public that Ari was with Shawn Christian. I was kind of hoping Nicole and Eric would get written off together. 

• Love 5
21 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Well did anyone expect otherwise? This is much like David's paternity did anyone really care that Jordan/Christian had a kid? I rather have had Stephanie return pregnant but not let anyone know who the father was. Yet we find out its Phillip's but nobody knows except Xander/Sarah. Sarah because she's Stephanie's doctor and can relate, Xander finds out and uses this to his advantage somehow especially if he is at odds with Phillip.  Phillp returns tries to reconnect w/ Chloe but is thwarted by finding out about Stephanie being pregnant. It would be a nice role reversal from years ago w/ Phillip/Stephanie/Parker from years ago.

This storyline is 10 Billion Percent better than Allie's  Contrieved pregnancy. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Rafael said:

This storyline is 10 Billion Percent better than Allie's  Contrieved pregnancy. 

Ron forgot to make us care about Allie, she came on as entitled ungrateful nasty bitch to her mom.. Love her or hate her, Sami had a point of view and we saw everything that led to her becoming a hellion.. She adored her mom, Roman, Carrie, John and what Stefano did to her family was always an undercurrent in her interactions with her family.  She also had a sweet disposition until one night she saw something she was not supposed to see and the rest is history.. Ron has no idea how to write a story..

• Love 13

I'm beginning to see where GV's "glorified extra" comments were coming from he pretty much has been in this story. Yes he was mentioned in a letter but I think this story would go a long way if Eric had more of a POV in this storyline being Sami's sister and Nicole's husband he would be conflicted. He loves Nicole she's his wife and this is a great opportunity for them to raise another child together. However Sami is his twin and he wouldn't feel right doing this at her expense either.

Instead we just get Sami vs Nicole and Sami vs Allie but not much else.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

I'd gag at the Hope/Rafe spoiler and am rather disgusted this is KA's/Hope's likely exit, but at least I won't have to be subjected to it onscreen again for a long period of time. Just do the fake "happily ever after" crap and be done with it. Like ripping off a band-aid!

• Love 6

Ugh, exactly. I'm so disappointed that THIS is how she goes off into the sunset.

Why were they writing this stupid Rope reunion if they were telling KA they wanted to rest Hope for six months and then bring her back with a new guy? If that was what they were really planning, wouldn't they just have Hope turn down the job at the police station, tell Rafe she'd rather they just stay friends, and then hang around for a little bit? What's the purpose of tying her to Rafe if they were going to have her abruptly leave for 6 months? We're they going to pull a quick U turn within a month of this reunion and have him cheat on her again? I just don't get it - the reality of what they've written doesn't line up with what they were pitching as the long-term plan...

Now I wonder if Rafe's exit was planned.... I'm so confused....

And I am not looking forward to Ron having Sami act like a complete bitch again for the hundredth time. It feels like Ron really just wants to write more scenes set in the 90s, from Belle slapping Sami across the face after she was drugged and disoriented at John and Marlena's wedding (yeah um...not her fault Belle, but sure, call her selfish and tell her you're sick of it by hitting her), to now having Sami ripping into John as if he has no right to speak. Sami put her bad relationship with John in the past years ago. But sure Ron, let's just ignore that so you can pull another cheap stunt.

• Love 5

Sami railing against Evil John Black had gone on for about 5 years too long back during the Salem Stalker days, when she was convinced he was the killer.  It's certainly well past its used by date in 2020!

Also, I guess we know where Allie got her manners from.  It seems both mother and daughter like to screech at family relatives who are graciously giving them free accommodation.

I am a little confused about the Marlena/Kate spoiler though.  Does Marlena think Eric and Nicole should have the kid and Kate is pushing for Lucas/Sami to take custody?  Or are Lucas and Sami fighting each other with Kate supporting Lucas and Marlena supporting Sami?  Or is Lucas going to support Eric and Nicole due to Allie's note?

• Love 4

Why do Marlena and John even let Sami and her grandson stay with them if they are not supporting her actions? Because Marlena and Kate are at odds to what happens to Allie's baby. and Kate has already voiced how wrong it would be for Nicole to get that kid. 

I know exactly how supportive Sami's family will be which will mean not at all. They are going to support Allie, Eric and fucking Nicole over her and will blame Sami making things worse for them. Screw that.

Sure Allie has the right to do whatever she wants with her child, but her choice is so damned stupid and deliberately spiteful against her mother.

I really cannot believe that the show will reward Nicole with Sami's grandson after everything that she has done to Sami and others. This would be especially revolting since we know that GV is leaving the show within the next month, so only Nicole will be visibly left in Salem. Are these same people namely Sami's family are going to think that it is a great idea of Nicole ending up Sami's grandson if Eric is no where in the picture of raising him?

As for John, maybe his collapsing is his karma for saying that Allie was Sami's karma. His shifting attitude over the years going back how his nastiness to Sami when Marlena was thought to be a serial killer is why I was fine that Sami shown more loyalty to Roman than the man that raised the first 6-7 years of her life.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Now I wonder if Rafe's exit was planned.... I'm so confused

It was definitely planned. Galen's last airdate is 8/28 apparently (all the behind the scenes pics of his GG's farewell Bday party also line up with that date) so I think we have more time with Hope. Something abrupt must happen.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Oh Lord. They're going to give him farewell sex with Hope and then kill him off and deify him, aren't they? So then Hope can brokenheartedly leave the canvas wailing about her newest lost love 🙄

I'm going to say this one last time while I have the chance: RAFE IS NOT BO, SHOW. He isn't even what Splenda is to Sugar.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, bubble sparkly said:

Sami railing against Evil John Black had gone on for about 5 years too long back during the Salem Stalker days, when she was convinced he was the killer.  It's certainly well past its used by date in 2020!

Also, I guess we know where Allie got her manners from.  It seems both mother and daughter like to screech at family relatives who are graciously giving them free accommodation.

I am a little confused about the Marlena/Kate spoiler though.  Does Marlena think Eric and Nicole should have the kid and Kate is pushing for Lucas/Sami to take custody?  Or are Lucas and Sami fighting each other with Kate supporting Lucas and Marlena supporting Sami?  Or is Lucas going to support Eric and Nicole due to Allie's note?

And this is why I don't give two shits if Allie and/or Will disrespect Sami. John loved and raised Sami's ungrateful ass (no matter the show's revisionist SORAS history) and loved her as his own, yet she treats him like sewer trash.

So why should Sami receive better than she dishes out? (And I don't even care for Allie and am meh on Will, but my post stands.)

• Love 10

More spoilers

That Gabi and Jake spoiler sigh.. On one hand I'm sad since CB is leaving, but I'd like to think this is a parting gift for the Stabi fans. I'll take a love scene and be happy we got that much.

Now CIN picturenlooks damn good! I wonder if whats going on in this pic happens at the creepy location? 

IMG_20200815_001850.jpg

IMG_20200815_002026.jpg

Edited by howmanywords
  • Love 1

There've been rumors Camilla may return, so don't lose hope yet. It does seem a little soon for her and Jake to be consummating the relationship they don't even have...and I'd rather see sudden, blistering hate sex between her and Chad, sex that results in so much awkwardness afterwards that she promptly leaves town as he tries to wrap his head around what the hell he just did. That would make me happy at least.

Actually, there are several possible exits for Gabi that I would enjoy. Her running away from her feelings for Chad, her moving away with Sonny and Will and daughter Arianna, her and Li Shin taking a helicopter off to some Private Island. Lots of good options there.

I feel like Rafe's intruder may be Daddy Eduardo. Just a guess.

• Love 4