Type keyword(s) to search

Season 5 Discussion

Drogo
  • Start Topic

Elizabeth is not at all interested in being with Andrrrre.  Look at her face when he talks about her going to Moldavia.  uhhh, no- she wants to have her "hunky" Eastern European guy (naah- he's not going to age well, either) in the States to show off.  He's incredibly arrogant and I have a feeling that arrogance is going to bite him in the ass.

I cannot for the life of me figure out Azan's motives here.  Is America- with a large, baby-woman mother really that enticing?  I had to laugh when she defended her poor eating and exercise habits ("it's not easy!  I'm not a stay at home Mom!")- what does that have to do with it? She's lazy, just like he says.  Their "fight" scenes are embarrassing to watch.  "I DO love you!  DO YOU LOVE ME.  I promise I will be honest from now on." Oh, Nicole.  She rocked back and forth in her on-the-street talking heads like a fidgety little girl.  I keep thinking that poor little May is in for a difficult life.  Perhaps like Danielle's daughters or Molly's smart, lovely teenager- watching over infantile Mom as she continues to take a wrecking ball to her life.

Evelyn is a control freak.  Did you see her expressions when David even tried to express his opinion?  And the "here's a fun fact; you're in America now" would have had me balling up my fists under the table. I did like that he came back similarly.  Her comments, "If this is about the tuxes, I'm going to have a heart attack;" "I can't talk about this right now because it makes me really angry." She's used to manipulating her parents (who don't look even out of their 30s yet) and they bow and scrape to her. After all, she is beautiful and *is* the band.  Her singing voice is so over-contrived and irritating. And who says "we're in love and that's all that matters!"? I thought that was just a line from old 1950s movies. These two provide the most fodder for me- the invitations?  She could barely contain her anger over him messing up his cursive!  And she's just gonna have to do those RSVPs herself!  Harumph!! She has an Idea Of Her Perfect Wedding and everyone- EVERYONE!- had better do exactly what she says.  It's as if she's preparing for Prom.

Josh and Aika are going to prove interesting.  Did anyone notice her really creepy eyes with the blue contacts in? Yikes.  She is all set for an American adventure with someone she expects is fun and worldly and he's an Arizona redneck with some really annoying friends. (What man needs his best friend to protect him from emotional harm?  what's his name was saying he "picked up all the pieces after his last divorce." Come on.

Molly seems stuck in the pre-teen period. I think she is sweet but lordy, is she naive.  Her disregard for her teenager- and her dependence on Luis to babysit her adorable little one (what did she do before he showed up?) show massive immaturity on her part.  And goodness, I've never seen such giant boobs before. Not that that is relevant.  And her poor daughter- there's nothing more horrible than knowing your mother is banging a new guy just upstairs (thankfully her bedroom is in the basement) and is all squealy and kissy-faced right in front of you.  I didn't want to see my parents kiss as a teenager and they had known each other a good long while.

• Love 6

Good sweet lord ladies and gents, that was quite the episode. 

Evelyn and David for a fiery plane crash waiting to happen.  You have two people with unrelenting, huge egos, battling it out for control.   Evelyn, as usual, does not fail to disappoint with her disgusting personality and smug bullshit. That party was a fucking joke. Mikayla needs to stay in her lane. You said your piece, Evelyn doesn’t give a fuuuuuuuuuck, and she wound her paunchy little beau up pretty tight. The relationship comment was a low blow, but as I’ve mentioned before, karma! If David makes it through the wedding, he is destined to a miserable experience, being constantly emasculated by a fetus with wack hair and a god complex.  That’s what you get when you marry a teenager, ya dumb shit! Ha ha!

Like most people on this board and the world, I have no idea what Azan’s motivation is for marrying Baby Huey.  I was cringing when she was forcing him to ask his aunt to sleep in the same room. It reminded me of little kids trying to get a slumber party. Morocco cannot be that bad. Your family is beautiful and kind, RUN AZAN, RUN! Nicole is horrible, she left her daughter with people she’s known for hours.

Elizabeth looks really cute with minimal makeup.

The whole thing with Luis and Molly‘s daughter was odd, but I feel like it was more cultural and language barriers than actual creepery.  Although it’s great that Molly’s daughter was able to defend herself, she was overly sassy and downright rude. I am not into sassy kids. Also, I think that her biological father might have trained her to say what she did because she was incredibly articulate and this is probably not the first (nor likely the last) time that she’s met a new daddy.

Aika, get it with your crazy brows and Mubitons and Luigi Vittron purse. She seems to have her eyes on the prize and I can dig it, but her fiancé’s creepy hitler youth haircut friend gives me the heebie jeebies. That aggressive “HA HA WELCOME TO AMERICA THESE ARE AMERICAN GIFTS GET IT? GET IT? HA HA, LAUGH BITCH!” gift exchange gave me the creeps. 

• Love 18
11 minutes ago, Bugfrey Von said:

Nicole is horrible, she left her daughter with people she’s known for hours.

I thought about that, too.  She just handed May over, without asking all the usual stuff like does anyone have a cold, or smallpox, or whatever.  And May seemed fine with it, like she was used to being handled by strangers.  

12 minutes ago, Bugfrey Von said:

Although it’s great that Molly’s daughter was able to defend herself, she was overly sassy and downright rude. I am not into sassy kids.

But she is a kid.  I thought she was an impressive little warrior woman.  

13 minutes ago, Bugfrey Von said:

That aggressive “HA HA WELCOME TO AMERICA THESE ARE AMERICAN GIFTS GET IT? GET IT? HA HA, LAUGH BITCH!” gift exchange gave me the creeps. 

Aika has landed in a minor branch of the militia.  Could get ugly.  

• Love 5
26 minutes ago, Bugfrey Von said:

Nicole is horrible, she left her daughter with people she’s known for hours.

Was it stated that it had only been hours? Given the cheating thing was brought up during their THs, they had probably been with the aunt for several days and Nicole knows his mother, sister and brother in law who were also there because she stayed with them on her last trip.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Was it stated that it had only been hours? Given the cheating thing was brought up during their THs, they had probably been with the aunt for several days and Nicole knows his mother, sister and brother in law who were also there because she stayed with them on her last trip.

You’re right, she might have been around these folks for a long time, but I have MAJOR issues with leaving a 2 year old with people who are, for all intents and purposes, strangers. It’s a sad world we live in, Nicole isn’t bright enough to take chances. That’s not to say that Azan’s family isn’t lovely or welcoming, but shit happens everywhere.

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, Bugfrey Von said:

You’re right, she might have been around these folks for a long time, but I have MAJOR issues with leaving a 2 year old with people who are, for all intents and purposes, strangers.

I was thinking of how she handed May over when first entering the apartment, which was full of people she'd said she hadn't met.  

• Love 1
12 hours ago, TwirlyGirly said:

Nicole keeps "testing" Azan. I see this situation with the "cheating scandal" as just another one of her "tests" - one that she completely fabricated. For example, all the things she's said to try and make him ignore the rules of his religious beliefs and his culture. In her mind, I believe Nicole thinks if she can succeed in any of these attempts, that reinforces to her that he deeply cares about her. We all know that's ridiculous, but Nicole is operating at the emotional level of a 12-year old - and that's the way 12-year olds think. ("Skip math class and meet me behind the school and we'll make out." "I can't miss math class - we're having an important test today." "But if you really LOVE me, you will!").

Isn't he already ignoring the rules of his religious beliefs?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Bugfrey Von said:

The relationship comment was a low blow, but as I’ve mentioned before, karma!

The scripted relationship comment WAS a low blow...but too similar to the one Evelyn made in the coffee shop, "Have you ever been in love?"   No...this is Reality Show Script prerequisite to 101.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, DangerousMinds said:

Isn't he already ignoring the rules of his religious beliefs?

We have no way of knowing, since he hasn't shared his beliefs with the camera.  Muslims, like Christians, Jews and every other religion, all have different levels of orthodoxy.   I was surprised when they spent a night in the desert and Nicole implied they'd had sex, but I have to assume he is being true to his beliefs, whatever they are.  One thing about Azan is he seems very concerned about proper behavior.  

• Love 2
12 hours ago, merylinkid said:

Marriage fraud with the K-1 is that the person only was in it for the green card?   How do you prove it?   Well, coming here and never residing together.   Not consummating the wedding.   Having a spouse back home you conveniently forgot to mention.    Bigamy is also grounds for an annulment.

I cannot speak directly to the Chesney/Zellwegger mess but fraud in the marriage contract is if you lied to induce them to marry you.   Yes, finances can be grounds.    If you wanted to marry rich and he lied, you can get out.   Usually it's hiding an STD or Bigamy.     People come to me all the time wanting an annulment when they really just married the wrong person  (sometimes 2 or 3 years after the wedding).   Not grounds for an annulment -- have to do the divorce thing.   

Can we set up a separate thread for legal things like this so we don't take up episode threads?

So much for "for better or worse, richer or poorer, in sickness or in health," huh?

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Sprockets said:

I was thinking of how she handed May over when first entering the apartment, which was full of people she'd said she hadn't met.  

Most likely because the scene was reenacted and probably wasn' their first meeting.

1 hour ago, DangerousMinds said:

So much for "for better or worse, richer or poorer, in sickness or in health," huh?

I think the idea is we are supposed to enter into the union on a level playing field.  Various things mentioned above disqualify a person from getting married in the first place, thus leading to an annulment.  

1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

Most likely because the scene was reenacted and probably wasn' their first meeting.

Nicole said she had previously met several of the people but not all of them.  If she met the others before we saw them on camera, it was probably only minutes or hours before.  

Edited by Sprockets
typo
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, KateHearts said:

Elizabeth is not at all interested in being with Andrrrre.  Look at her face when he talks about her going to Moldavia.  uhhh, no- she wants to have her "hunky" Eastern European guy (naah- he's not going to age well, either) in the States to show off.  He's incredibly arrogant and I have a feeling that arrogance is going to bite him in the ass.

I cannot for the life of me figure out Azan's motives here.  Is America- with a large, baby-woman mother really that enticing?  I had to laugh when she defended her poor eating and exercise habits ("it's not easy!  I'm not a stay at home Mom!")- what does that have to do with it? She's lazy, just like he says.  Their "fight" scenes are embarrassing to watch.  "I DO love you!  DO YOU LOVE ME.  I promise I will be honest from now on." Oh, Nicole.  She rocked back and forth in her on-the-street talking heads like a fidgety little girl.  I keep thinking that poor little May is in for a difficult life.  Perhaps like Danielle's daughters or Molly's smart, lovely teenager- watching over infantile Mom as she continues to take a wrecking ball to her life.

Evelyn is a control freak.  Did you see her expressions when David even tried to express his opinion?  And the "here's a fun fact; you're in America now" would have had me balling up my fists under the table. I did like that he came back similarly.  Her comments, "If this is about the tuxes, I'm going to have a heart attack;" "I can't talk about this right now because it makes me really angry." She's used to manipulating her parents (who don't look even out of their 30s yet) and they bow and scrape to her. After all, she is beautiful and *is* the band.  Her singing voice is so over-contrived and irritating. And who says "we're in love and that's all that matters!"? I thought that was just a line from old 1950s movies. These two provide the most fodder for me- the invitations?  She could barely contain her anger over him messing up his cursive!  And she's just gonna have to do those RSVPs herself!  Harumph!! She has an Idea Of Her Perfect Wedding and everyone- EVERYONE!- had better do exactly what she says.  It's as if she's preparing for Prom.

Josh and Aika are going to prove interesting.  Did anyone notice her really creepy eyes with the blue contacts in? Yikes.  She is all set for an American adventure with someone she expects is fun and worldly and he's an Arizona redneck with some really annoying friends. (What man needs his best friend to protect him from emotional harm?  what's his name was saying he "picked up all the pieces after his last divorce." Come on.

Molly seems stuck in the pre-teen period. I think she is sweet but lordy, is she naive.  Her disregard for her teenager- and her dependence on Luis to babysit her adorable little one (what did she do before he showed up?) show massive immaturity on her part.  And goodness, I've never seen such giant boobs before. Not that that is relevant.  And her poor daughter- there's nothing more horrible than knowing your mother is banging a new guy just upstairs (thankfully her bedroom is in the basement) and is all squealy and kissy-faced right in front of you.  I didn't want to see my parents kiss as a teenager and they had known each other a good long while.

She is horrible and has had people cater to her it seems to the detriment of anyone that comes into her life. 

Here is a fun fact for ya Evelyn, you are marrying a man from another country.  He is a thinking, feeling person who has agency over his own life and has about 8 years on ya.  You are not HIRING a husband, you are marrying someone who you will be sharing your life and will from time to time have an opinion opposite of yours.  Just because your parents think you sing and shit gold does not make it so (horrid singing voice).  Marriage is about compromise not telling someone rather sarcastically how its going to be.  You are an  immature child (and a bad singer) who is joining lives and family with someone.  He is NOT joining your band or applying to be the President of your fan club.  How about this Evelyn, let him be a participant in the wedding, planning and all, and occasionally ask his opinion.  The marriage is more important.  His friends are coming a great distance and if they cannot afford a tux for what is also HIS wedding but its important to YOU that they wear one, YOU and Christian Dave Grohl pay for it.  If his family is coming and finances are tight because of you know, travel, perhaps you have some friends within your congregation that could house at least the immediate family and groomsmen.  How about where David is currently staying?  Your future with your in-laws, his friends, AND him will be greatly improved if you pull your self involved head out of your ass and act like the adult you are trying to be.  Signed the person who has been married almost 27 years and feels the urge to throat punch you!

• Love 12
12 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

She does act like a teenager ALL. THE. TIME. The tantrums, the tears, the lame attempts to make Azan jealous, the "sexy kitten" persona she adopts, the way she looks soulfully at Azan and says "Hey. I love you" when he's annoyed with her. She is tiresome in the extreme and I am inclined to give Azan a medal for putting up with it, at this point. Will he ever know that his sacrifices have not been in vain, but provided a bunch of snarky strangers on the internet with fleeting amusement?

Nooooooooooo. Nicole and sex kitten don’t belong in the same sentence. 

But I get what you are saying!

• Love 3
On 11/6/2017 at 1:43 AM, millennium said:

I'm on Evelyn's side when it comes to the tuxedos and the awkwardness of being expected to provide accommodations for snooty David's friends and family.   Tuxedos aren't unreasonable, while asking friends to put up complete strangers in their home is.

I doubt an American would go off to Spain and start dictating terms about how traditions and ceremonies have to be altered to accommodate American expectations.   David's a controlling, condescending, paunchy ass.   That's why he wants to be with someone so young -- so he can order her around.

Plenty of Americans would go to Europe and start freaking out because "that's not how do it in America!"  Evelyn being one of them. She's an extremely unlikable person and I can't imagine how she became so rigid and uncompromising already at 18 years old. 

Hosting international guests is routinely done in America. Evelyn is not exactly a worldly  woman. She knows nothing about anything but thinks she does. Even if no one in Cow Hampshire can hosts guests, why hasn't she called local hotels to try and get lower group rates for her guests?  that is routinely done.  Why isn't her mother teaching her etiquette?  

David has asked for some compromises, he's not trying to control anything. Evelyn doesn't seem to be able to put herself in someone else's shoes. She has no empathy.  There is something really off about her. 

• Love 13
On 11/5/2017 at 11:43 PM, millennium said:

I'm on Evelyn's side when it comes to the tuxedos and the awkwardness of being expected to provide accommodations for snooty David's friends and family.   Tuxedos aren't unreasonable, while asking friends to put up complete strangers in their home is.

Are those conflicting sentences?  David is snooty (but he prefers to have his friends wear suits).  Tuxedos aren't unreasonable (tuxedos ain't cheap--they might be snooty).

1 hour ago, Lemons said:

David has asked for some compromises, he's not trying to control anything. Evelyn doesn't seem to be able to put herself in someone else's shoes. She has no empathy.  There is something really off about her. 

3 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

If his family is coming and finances are tight because of you know, travel, perhaps you have some friends within your congregation that could house at least the immediate family and groomsmen.  How about where David is currently staying?  Your future with your in-laws, his friends, AND him will be greatly improved if you pull your self involved head out of your ass and act like the adult you are trying to be. 

• Love 5

I can't move past the pasta salad from the Claremont Country Feed And Seed Deli, spooned out from that small container, followed by some horrid sort of goo being spooned from a similar container.  How many people were they expecting at the Evelyn You Better Respect My Choices Funtime Family Christian Band Dinner?

Some of the most delicious food I have ever eaten was when I was in Spain.  Just saying.

Those GI-GANTA-HUGE-A-NORMOUS pancakes Evelyn had at The Best Breakfast Place In The Whole Entire World made me want to puke, too.

Really, it's not difficult to cater your own party without having to resort to pasta salad swimming in Italian dressing made by someone in a hairnet.

• Love 6
On 11/7/2017 at 9:41 AM, vmcd88 said:

I totally think Mikayla is in love with Evelyn.  I understand Mikayla having concerns but her reservations seem to be over the top emotional.  Evelyn's own parents seem to be fine with David, yet Mikayla is about to go bat sh*t crazy cause her friend is getting married.    

He is really in lust with her truth be told. Her red flags are massive and being waved by spotted unicorns, yet he can't see them. Lust blinds more than love really, so much that we claim we are in love when really, its about the physical, infatuation and those hormones. 

Edited by eggsnbacon
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

She does act like a teenager ALL. THE. TIME. The tantrums, the tears, the lame attempts to make Azan jealous, the "sexy kitten" persona she adopts, the way she looks soulfully at Azan and says "Hey. I love you" when he's annoyed with her. She is tiresome in the extreme and I am inclined to give Azan a medal for putting up with it, at this point. Will he ever know that his sacrifices have not been in vain, but provided a bunch of snarky strangers on the internet with fleeting amusement?

Azlan is pretty mature for someone his age, he isn't perfect of course and has his own problems but really surprised he has stayed with her this long. Part of me actually thinks he may care for her.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, bethster2000 said:

I can't move past the pasta salad from the Claremont Country Feed And Seed Deli, spooned out from that small container, followed by some horrid sort of goo being spooned from a similar container.  How many people were they expecting at the Evelyn You Better Respect My Choices Funtime Family Christian Band Dinner?

Some of the most delicious food I have ever eaten was when I was in Spain.  Just saying.

Those GI-GANTA-HUGE-A-NORMOUS pancakes Evelyn had at The Best Breakfast Place In The Whole Entire World made me want to puke, too.

Really, it's not difficult to cater your own party without having to resort to pasta salad swimming in Italian dressing made by someone in a hairnet.

David Spain can open a tapas joint and save the Clermont food scene! He must really miss the cuisine of Spain. To think that this was their big engagement - meet the family party and they buy premade pasta salad from Shaw's. David Spain is not going to be living gf a glamorous life 

• Love 7
On 11/6/2017 at 8:20 AM, spankydoll said:

That comment from Chris was so gross. Just gross. she should have said that she would prefer to now the lawn for doom and board. 

I know that was probably a typo, but you hit the nail on the head with that one!

• Love 9
6 hours ago, eggsnbacon said:

Azlan is pretty mature for someone his age, he isn't perfect of course and has his own problems but really surprised he has stayed with her this long. Part of me actually thinks he may care for her

His family really wants that green card.    Family pressure can be an amazing thing.   So he is doing his best to act well so the immature child doesn't lose interest and move on to the next guy.   You know if Nicole gets bored, she will say "well fine then, I'll find someone who WILL love me and you'll be sorry."   

Honestly there are plenty of desperate women who would not be this annoying is all I am saying.

• Love 9

What was the point of Azan questioning Nicole as to what the living situation would be in the U.S.? Was he asking whether they would be moving out of that efficiency?  Was the insinuation that Nicole would be out working and him being Mr. Mom?  Think I had a mini cat nap as I was a little confused as to the point of that convo. 

I'm late to the judgment party. I just wanted to make comments about each couple's future living arrangements/wedding accommodations.

David/Evelyn: Wow! What a self-absorbed nitwit Evelyn is! I really hope Evelyn doesn't sing at the wedding. We've heard enough. Regarding the accommodations for David's family and friends coming from Grenada, all she has to do is ask her church family to host them and it's done. I grew up in the church. I remember my mom housing various strangers, i.e. guest pastors, missionaries, wedding guests, etc, over the years. We were an introverted family with a modest house. We didn't pull out the red carpet for them. The guests understood that we weren't going to entertain them and that us opening our home for free was a generous gift.  I'm sure there are many families at Evelyn's church who would relish at the opportunity to open their home to David's family/friends and maybe even David can ask them himself, if Evelyn is too proud to do so. Heck, David's welcoming party would've been a prime opportunity to put out feelers.  Maybe Evelyn's aunt or her unconfirmed lesbian friend, Mikayla, have some extra space. All they had to do was bring it up in conversation, and I imagine somebody would've offered. I don't think it is that unreasonable of  David to request help for accommodations given how much it will cost his family/friends to travel in. They really should try and keep this wedding on the cheap in case it doesn't work out. Evelyn is so young and immature, and I could see David getting tired of her act quickly. Most of the viewers are already over it. I'm just glad that David Yoko is breaking up the band. I can't unhear what I heard.

Molly/Luis: I hate parents on any reality show, so I detest Molly so much for dragging her kids through this. Who knows what the collateral damage will be from moving in Luis in so soon? Even Olivia who seems to have a good head on her shoulders will be psychologically impacted by the actions of her selfish mother. I don't find Olivia disrespectful at all. I would be eye rolling the entire time if my mom did this to me. I find her objections more plausible than Molly's dad who doesn't have to deal directly with the repercussions. I don't find Molly's dad to be a racist, but perhaps he's anti-immigration and definitely a judgmental asshat just like I am. I really hate this notion that moms need to put themselves first. No, they don't. It really needs to be about the kids until they're 18. Parenting is a selfless act and "doing you" should rarely be an option unless you are going through health problems. Until then, a forced living situation is really irresponsible parenting IMO. If you wanna get your groove back after your kids are adults under the law, that's on you. But to invite a complete stranger into your home with the idea that this dude you met on vacation is going to be the new husband/padre is ridiculous. Molly just wanted a live-in babysitter during the day and sex partner at night. Good on Kensley for bringing some levity to this situation. Luis needs to earn the right to be called "padre" and is hated until he earns the right to be loved. I just wish he was over at Molly's brother's house sharing a bunk bed with Cowboy Suave instead of living with Molly and creating an inescapable living situation for her kids.

Nicole/Azan: There's nothing that can be said about these two that hasn't been said already. It's annoying how Nicole will hand over May to anyone like she's a sack of potatoes, especially in a foreign country. I hope May is still young enough that she doesn't remember any of this. I imagine it takes a village to raise Nicole's kid, and I can't help but wonder if she'd get more support in Morocco than in the US in that regard. Azan's family is awesome. I'm pretty sure Nicole's mom is the primary caretaker of May, but I'm not sure if Azan's situation would be improved if he moved to the US. I think many times foreigners believe that Americans all live in nice homes and have good jobs that would allow foreigners to send money home. Nicole works at Starbucks and lives in what resembles a motel room. I'm not hating on that. I'm a low wage earner who lives in squalor myself. I'm just saying it's a hard life and that Azan might be better off staying where he's at to wait for a much better green card opportunity. I feel like he should already get an honorary green card for what he's put up with so far. He's really had to soldier through some stuff with Nicole that no man should have to endure. I know Nicole's dad is sponsoring the whole thing, but I can see the whole thing exploding as Nicole will be unable to live up to her end of the bargain. I really hope Azan comes to his senses and doesn't make the move to the US to be with Nicole. There are much greener pastures that include vegetables that aren't french fries.

Annie/David: Nothing made me more uncomfortable than watching David Poor "kangaroo dance" through the village handing out Thai baht like he was handing out Smarties on Halloween. There's no unseeing that. It was the false pretenses that made me feel uneasy. He was walking around the village like he was Daddy Warbucks when he was doling out another man's money. That's like George's girlfriend taking credit for the Big Salad when George was the one who purchased it on Seinfeld. I was wondering what Chris's angle was helping out his friend. That wonderment came to a screeching halt when he put in his request for a Thai massage. Dude just wants a Thai massage, and his tone seemed more hostile after Annie's refusal. I can't believe Chris's wife just sat there quietly. I really liked her skepticism to that point. Maybe she wants a massage too. I'm not sure why Annie would agree to move to the US when David obviously doesn't have the resources to support her. I highly doubt he will be able to piece anything together in 90 days either. If you have to live in another's man basement, you are not prepared for a Thai bride. I do thoroughly enjoy Annie's family sucking David dry with this dowry though. I mean, they might as well get something out of it.

Aika/Josh: I don't really care about these two, but I just want to echo that Josh isn't ready for a foreign bride if he can't support himself without the help of roommates. Most of these women come here for the "American Dream" and want a large home to themselves. If they wanted to live with people, they would've stayed in their village. I just wonder how some of these people are passing the financial requirements. I know Nicole has her father and David Poor has Chris. Hopefully this guy can find them their own place so his cheerleader doesn't skedaddle.

Elizabeth/Andrei: Andrei has the right attitude. If this is all about love, it doesn't matter if Elizabeth and Andrei live in the US, Ireland, Moldova, or Timbuktu. Going to the US shouldn't be essential as long as they're together. Of course this has to turned into Elizabeth wanting to put her man on display to prove their love to her family. If Overstay Andrei can't come to the States, it will be a major buzzkill for her. 

Edited by jmonkey
  • Love 10
27 minutes ago, jmonkey said:

I can't believe Chris's wife just sat there quietly. I really liked her skepticism to that point.

All I can think of is she REALLY DOES NOT want David Poor and Annie GoldBahts to live with her (and their growing family) but she can't actually come out and say so to her Happy Handout (Ending) husband Chris ... so maybe she is hoping that if she is just stays quiet, Chris will manage to offend Annie enough on his own for her to get off her goldplated ass and get a job and she'll be rid of them, because we ALL know David Poor ain't EVER gonna get a real job in a real world where he will make enough money to move out on his own ...

• Love 2
6 hours ago, spankydoll said:

David Spain can open a tapas joint and save the Clermont food scene! He must really miss the cuisine of Spain. To think that this was their big engagement - meet the family party and they buy premade pasta salad from Shaw's. David Spain is not going to be living gf a glamorous life 

I get what you are saying and you aren't wrong, but I'm still waiting to see something - anything - that David is bringing to the party (the figurative party - not the engagement party LOL). This is a 28 year old man who is marrying a teenager so I think it's completely fair to expect him to bear the brunt of the financial responsibilities, at least in the short term. Did he come to the US with any money? If he's worried about his friends spending money on accommodations, why is it up to Evelyn's family to find some for them? Why didn't he offer to help offset the cost? If he wants a nicer engagement party (and maybe he didn't) why can't he pitch in to make it better? Is he helping with the wedding costs? When Evelyn was upset about wanting certain attire for the groomsmen, did he offer options and suggestions. No he just said no. Why is Evelyn's family the only ones who were suggested to pay for it? Is he paying Rev. TimTom rent or does he just assume he can live there? To me his demands to move to VA because he knows people there and it's warmer is no more mature that Evelyn wanting matching tuxedos. 

Evelyn is a selfish brat but she's also 18. In a lot of ways it comes with the territory. (hopefully my 18 year old doesn't see this comment LOL)  David seems to be the same way to me. He came here and wants what he wants but doesn't seem to be taking responsibility to making it happen or making intelligent arguments to justify what he wants. I think much more should be expected of his at his age than Evelyn at hers. He seems to have shown up with the expectation that Evelyn's parents will take care of both of them. Does he not have any self respect? 

• Love 10
14 hours ago, Bugfrey Von said:

Aika, get it with your crazy brows and Mubitons and Luigi Vittron purse. She seems to have her eyes on the prize and I can dig it, but her fiancé’s creepy hitler youth haircut friend gives me the heebie jeebies. That aggressive “HA HA WELCOME TO AMERICA THESE ARE AMERICAN GIFTS GET IT? GET IT? HA HA, LAUGH BITCH!” gift exchange gave me the creeps. 

Hitler Youth friend was really, um, something. "here's a bunch of Fourth of July decorations I got from the markdown table at Party City! I have to report to my all volunteer border patrol militia group!" And who are all these bros who are sitting with their bro friends after a breakup, making tea and going to the store for another quart of Cherry Garcia? I've never seen guys do that. My theory? Hitler Youth boy wants Josh for himself. He certainly pinged, loud and clear.

8 hours ago, bethster2000 said:

Right? That party was just sad. It was not a big crowd, even if you don't cook its pretty easy to throw together a cookout/buffet thing for a dozen people.

If Evelyn kept those pancakes down I'll eat my hat.

• Love 6

I am watching this episode again, noticed a few things, first Aiko was picked up at the airport in a midriff and mini skirt but when they arrive at Casa Josh she is wearing Daisy Dukes and a different midriff shirt...how many outfits does she typically wear in a day?  Aiko just may be high maintenance, ya' think?

Evelyn can stay up all night addressing the wedding invites because honestly what does she have to wake up early the next day for anyway.  I have been to shiva houses with more life in the party than their engagement party, they had no music, no good vibes what so ever, it was like the waiting room at the MVA.  Nobody even asked about his life in Spain.  Evelyn could have had some Spanish food, I see not effort on her part to recognize his heritage.

Azan must be so desperate to get out of his country he is feigning hurt feelings over Nicole's (lie) confession, any normal situation and that would have been the easy out.  Auntie Azan seems very nice and kind towards Nicole and May and I love how she spoke French when Azan asked in Farsi or was it Arabic about a shared room for them...makes me think Azan speaks several different tongues.  

If I were Molly and I knew there was going to be a camera crew filming in my house I'd have cleaned up a bit, in the background of every scene there are clothes strewn around the floor, clutter and even the blinds are pulled up uneven (drives me nuts, like a crooked picture on the wall) and don't even get me started on her bathroom. I'd be mortified if my house wasn't looking it's best.  Luis could allviate his boredom by helping out around the house, doing laundry, make the bed, making dinner etc...after all, Molly is footing the bill for everything.  I did like how Family Luis spoke nicely about Molly.

Edited by Baltimore Betty
Fingers moving faster than my brain.
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, jmonkey said:

Molly/Luis: I hate parents on any reality show, so I detest Molly so much for dragging her kids through this. Who knows what the collateral damage will be from moving in Luis in so soon? Even Olivia who seems to have a good head on her shoulders will be psychologically impacted by the actions of her selfish mother. I don't find Olivia disrespectful at all. I would be eye rolling the entire time if my mom did this to me. I find her objections more plausible than Molly's dad who doesn't have to deal directly with the repercussions. I don't find Molly's dad to be a racist, but perhaps he's anti-immigration and definitely a judgmental asshat just like I am. I really hate this notion that moms need to put themselves first. No, they don't. It really needs to be about the kids until they're 18. Parenting is a selfless act and "doing you" should rarely be an option unless you are going through health problems. Until then, a forced living situation is really irresponsible parenting IMO. If you wanna get your groove back after your kids are adults under the law, that's on you. But to invite a complete stranger into your home with the idea that this dude you met on vacation is going to be the new husband/padre is ridiculous. Molly just wanted a live-in babysitter during the day and sex partner at night. Good on Kensley for bringing some levity to this situation. Luis needs to earn the right to be called "padre" and is hated until he earns the right to be loved. I just wish he was over at Molly's brother's house sharing a bunk bed with Cowboy Suave instead of living with Molly and creating an inescapable living situation for her kids.

Just based on this paragraph alone . . . HIGH FIVE!!!!!

• Love 5
26 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Evelyn can stay up all night addressing the wedding invites because honestly what does she have to wake up early the next day for anyway. 

Those wedding invitations should have been addressed and sent already! Obviously the date is set (since the already-printed invitations had to include it), and the wedding planning is going full steam ahead (bridesmaid dresses selected and ordered, for instance, on pain of being kicked out of the wedding party by Princess Evelyn). So why was she sitting on the invites? Why does she even need David to help her address them at all? Unless he does calligraphy or has gorgeous penmanship why would this be required? So many questions!!

31 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Azan asked in Farsi or was it Arabic

Arabic I think. I don't think Farsi is spoken in Morocco. Farsi is spoken in Iran.

• Love 4
18 hours ago, Bugfrey Von said:

The whole thing with Luis and Molly‘s daughter was odd, but I feel like it was more cultural and language barriers than actual creepery.  Although it’s great that Molly’s daughter was able to defend herself, she was overly sassy and downright rude. I am not into sassy kids.

Right. She jabbed him w/ her stick of chalk and threatened to jab him again if he didn't shut up. And she told him she didn't love him or like him. Way too much! She should know she at least has a grandma, grandpa, uncle and sister who are there for her and who will protect her. She shouldn't be on attack mode like that, esp not w/ adults.

3 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I am watching this episode again, noticed a few things, first Aiko was picked up at the airport in a midriff and mini skirt but when they arrive at Casa Josh she is wearing Daisy Dukes and a different midriff shirt...how many outfits does she typically wear in a day?  Aiko just may be high maintenance, ya' think?

Josh picked her up in LA so by the time they got back to Mesa, it was a different day.

4 hours ago, jmonkey said:

Annie/David: That's like George's girlfriend taking credit for the Big Salad when George was the one who purchased it on Seinfeld. I was wondering what Chris's angle was helping out his friend. That wonderment came to a screeching halt when he put in his request for a Thai massage. Dude just wants a Thai massage, and his tone seemed more hostile after Annie's refusal. I can't believe Chris's wife just sat there quietly. I really liked her skepticism to that point. Maybe she wants a massage too. 

I think they are just afraid of knocking poor, sad sack Humpty Dumpty off his wall again. He is so fragile and pathetic, they prbly feel they have to tip toe around him. And yes, if I were 6 months pregnant again, and already w/ a toddler (was a very rough time for me), I would go along w/ just about any kind of fuckery in exchange for homemade thai food and massages. Plus, Chris has implied their house is large and said they have a pool; they're prbly not hurting for money.

6 hours ago, escapetoreality said:

What was the point of Azan questioning Nicole as to what the living situation would be in the U.S.? Was he asking whether they would be moving out of that efficiency?  Was the insinuation that Nicole would be out working and him being Mr. Mom?  Think I had a mini cat nap as I was a little confused as to the point of that convo. 

He said basically, he doesn't want to be sequestered off somewhere else w/ no car, no friends, no job, nothing to do all day in a strange country, while she runs the streets and parties and cheats on him and does whatever else. He doesn't want to have to be worrying about what she's doing and trying to keep track of her, while living separately.  (I said in a previous thread that I think May lives w/ Robbalee; and this issue kind of substantiates that belief. If May really lived w/ Nicole, Nicole would be home every night and Azan wouldn't have that impression of her lifestyle.)

Edited by balisticnikki
  • Love 5
17 hours ago, Bugfrey Von said:

The whole thing with Luis and Molly‘s daughter was odd, but I feel like it was more cultural and language barriers than actual creepery.  Although it’s great that Molly’s daughter was able to defend herself, she was overly sassy and downright rude. I am not into sassy kids. Also, I think that her biological father might have trained her to say what she did because she was incredibly articulate and this is probably not the first (nor likely the last) time that she’s met a new daddy.

I totally disagree.  First, it wasn't "cultural barriers".  Luis knows the word for stepfather and used it in his Skype to his family.  He was trying to coerce Kensley into calling him her father.  This was not only creepy, but emotionally abusive.  Kensley's reaction was a totally appropriate response to his abusive behavior.   

Also, I don't believe Kensley has ever been shown being rude before.  She was very friendly and welcoming to Luis at the airport, on the trip home, during the tour of the house and during his Spanish lesson.  Then, he behaved totally inappropriately and she stood up for herself and her real Dad.   Good for her!  She looks like she is on her way into growing up to be a strong woman.

Edited by Bryce Lynch
  • Love 13

I get the feeling that there have been a series of "new dads" in and out of Kensley's & Olivia's lives, and Kensley responded as she does to all of the others.  This one just happens to be on TV.

• Love 12
On ‎11‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 9:52 PM, WhatsUpDummy said:

Ok, I thought Mikayla came in a bit too aggressive with her instant dislike of David. The things she said were things that a family member should be saying, not a friend. Even if I disapproved of my friends marital situation, if she’s happy then I keep my mouth shut. I agree with everything Mikayla said but the bottom line is Evelyn is an adult and she can make her own decisions. Mikayla had made her opinion very clear, time to drop it and say “I told you so” when it all goes to hell. 

On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 1:43 AM, millennium said:

What David said to Michaela was meant to hurt.   His plan of action is clear: he sees Michaela as an adversary and is determined to break up Evelyn and Michaela's friendship as quickly as possible to guarantee that he is the only influence in Evelyn's life.   After that, he'll try to alienate Evelyn from her parents and family.  I suspect that's also part of why he is so anxious to spirit Evelyn out of town.   

On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 9:58 PM, Petrichor said:

Re: Evelyn and Mikayla: 

I apologize if it's already been mentioned, but my wife and I are sitting here, clutching hands and wincing because Mikayla is emitting a vibration only lesbians can hear and SHE IS IN LOVE WITH EVELYN. It's breaking our hearts.

David brought it up (assuming it's not producer driven), so it's on him.  He didn't need to be such a jerk.  And it's not a requirement that you have to like all of a friend's friends.  I don't, and I know some don't like me.  I just try to not spend so much time around them.  I don't get the girl/girl vibe from Mikayla, as much as I think it's just a major girl crush, and she's afraid things will change (and they will).  I had a girl crush friend, and I got married first, and I tried my darndest to make sure nothing changed on my end, but when she got married, she changed so much that I can't stand her anymore.  She went from being a happy-go-lucky free spirit who didn't care about what others thought of her to being a hard-line political activist who spews things that I can't stand to read or hear (and please don't make assumptions one her affiliation - there are hateful people on both sides), and is indoctrinating her kid in to politics at an extremely young age.  It makes me sad that my one time "idol" (she was everything I wished I could be) is gone, but that's life.  If she's willing to compromise everything she was for a husband, then that's her decision, and I'm better off finding others I'm more compatible with.  It's a tough lesson, but Mikayla will learn it, and be better off.

On ‎11‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 10:17 PM, Kelly said:

Ugh...Nicole pressing the issue about sharing a room.  She is awful - she does not have a clue.

On ‎11‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 10:21 PM, guilfoyleatpp said:

Nicole is just a shitty person. I was cringing for her when she coerced Azan to ask his aunt if they could share a room. In many cultures, that's just fucking rude and it shows that she is aware that either he's not interested in banging her or she doesn't care what his family thinks of her. Just, no. She continues to set the bar incredibly low and still not manage to clear it. 

On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 11:13 AM, magemaud said:

I thought about that, too. Maybe he actually said something like, "Nicole wants me to ask you about sharing a room, but PLEASE SAY NO!" 

Yeah,  I was thinking the same thing.  Just say "She's bugging me, so just respond "no"."  You know Nicole speaks English only, and even that is questionable.

On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 10:11 AM, calpurnia99 said:

Also in the modern world everyone has a wedding website where you can RSVP. She sucks. 

Not in my area.  I've only gotten one wedding invite (a few years back) that had a wedding website attached to it.  I still get RSVP cards.

On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 10:55 AM, bichonblitz said:

Last season when Nicole went to visit Azan in Morocco, Azan was upset that she cheated on him. 

I want to know how Azan found out about her taking her ring off for a night out, unless Nicole told him, in which case she's even dumber than I thought.

On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 0:40 PM, LocalGovt said:

......but Molly's dad has two granddaugther's that are bi-racial.   I guess I don't understand what a racist is.  He seems to love them. :(

And....being Latino or Hispanic is a cultural thing....not a race. I don't get it.

My mom's childhood best friend's father was a raging racist.  He cut off his own granddaughter when she married an African-American man.  Then they had kids.  He was decent to his great-grandkids, but hateful to his granddaughter's husband, and somewhat hateful to the granddaughter.  It can happen.  They tell themselves it's not fair to punish the kids because it's not their fault, but still be hateful to the parents, because they chose it.

On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 4:11 PM, Boofish said:

I know this is far fetched but I hope they are not trying to get Annie to be their indentured servant and David Poor is powerless to stop it from happening since he don't have nickel to his name. I'm telling you something is off.  There is way too much money and favors changing hands for this to just be a "really good friendship."

My husband's ex-boss has an odd relationship with one of his ex co-workers.  I once said "What kind of dirt does (co-worker) hold on (boss) for him to get so many favors, etc?"  Well, it turns out, a lot.  Like putting the boss on his personal auto insurance plan because boss lost his (too many tickets) and it's a requirement to work there (that you have valid auto insurance if you are taking a company vehicle home on a regular basis, in case there are some situations that the corporate insurance won't cover), and some other things that it's not necessary to go in to for this purpose.  So this may be some give/take thing that we have no clue about.  

On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 6:51 PM, Sprockets said:

I just did some dumpster diving.  Apparently at one point Chelsea said Yamir is gay.  I see this as a desperate move on her part to be more interesting than cold dog vomit.  Fail.  

Yes, there were some articles that initially said that Chelsea accused Yamir of being gay.  Then she comes out.  I tried to find some of those articles, but I can't now, so either they were mis-reported, or she's just a nasty piece of work.

• Love 3

watched more bits and pieces last night and had 2 more thoughts.  David Spain is a jerk.  He is a petulant baby who wants what he wants and that's final.  Like Jessica Rabbit, I realize he's "drawn (edited) that way." so who knows what else they say in their private lives.  But the character we see is not appealing whatsoever.

Second, Andrrrrrrei.  Well, hey, he's a confident swaggery male with an apparent sense of humor so I enjoy his screen time.  He had one brief remark that gave me pause.  "Elizabeth can do everything."  OK, he seems unmotivated and carefree.  I hope that Elizabeth doing "everything" doesn't mean that she's going to cook, clean, wash, have the babies AND support the household by herself....while he sits in the recliner drinking beer.  Hmmmmm....just a thought. 

• Love 7
35 minutes ago, funky-rat said:

My husband's ex-boss has an odd relationship with one of his ex co-workers.  I once said "What kind of dirt does (co-worker) hold on (boss) for him to get so many favors, etc?"  Well, it turns out, a lot.  Like putting the boss on his personal auto insurance plan because boss lost his (too many tickets) and it's a requirement to work there (that you have valid auto insurance if you are taking a company vehicle home on a regular basis, in case there are some situations that the corporate insurance won't cover), and some other things that it's not necessary to go in to for this purpose.  So this may be some give/take thing that we have no clue about.  

I still think it's odd they asked her what she was willing to do for a place to live and never once asked Lemony Snicket how he planned to contribute. He told her parents he would take good care of her. Sitting there silent while she is asked to provide meals and massages was very telling to me.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

I totally disagree.  First, it wasn't "cultural barriers".  Luis knows the word for stepfather and used it in his Skype to his family.  He was trying to coerce Kensley into calling him her father.  This was not only creepy, but emotionally abusive.  Kensley's reaction was a totally appropriate response to his abusive behavior.   

Also, I don't believe Kensley has ever been shown being rude before.  She was very friendly and welcoming to Luis at the airport, on the trip home, during the tour of the house and during his Spanish lesson.  Then, he behaved totally inappropriately and she stood up for herself and her real Dad.   Good for her!  She looks like she is on her way into growing up to be a strong woman.

I'm with you. And she shut that shit down real fast. It's a shame he's so stupid and inappropriate because she was one of the few members in that family who was kind and welcoming to Luis. 

I'm fine that the older girl isn't going for this malarkey, either. her mother is making a complete fool of herself on national TV. I'd be mad as hell if my mother did that to me and would probably move to the family ranch.

• Love 3
On 11/6/2017 at 9:47 PM, Sprockets said:

If he's talking about southern VA he's delusional as well.  Unless he's talking about the DC suburbs, he's delusional.  

Why? Because it's rural? Southern VA is the polar opposite of NOVA.... 

7 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Well, Josh picked her up at LAX. Josh lives in Mesa, Arizona, which is a 6 to 7 hour drive (maybe longer because of all the construction on the I-10 on the west side of Phoenix).  They probably spent a night or two LA.  It's too much to do that drive round trip in one day, boring desert most of the trip, and soooo much traffic.

• Love 2

When I was a teenager, my mother was embarrassing enough with her snob in a small town behavior.  She’s long ago seen the error of her waysand quit that shit at least 3 decades ago. I can only imagine HOW embarrassing Olivia must be by her mother’s antics.  

I thought it was really sweet when Luis was giving Kensley a Spanish lesson.  Then I got really upset when she said she had a daddy and  Luis kept pushing his daddy business on her.  I hope that buffoonery was scripted, but to upset a little girl about her daddy, just didn’t seem fair to her.  She certainly told Luis how the cow ate the cabbage.  Children are so inherently pure in every way, particularly when they tell you “how it is”.

I still laugh when my niece schooled my Puerto Rican husband on how to pronounce a Spanish name.  She saw a Disney film giving it an American pronunciation.  There was NO even trying to convince a four year old about different ways to pronounce something depending on its language of origin or region. We knew better than to argue.

Nicole, Nicole, what can be said about her that hasn’t already been said about her?  To ask an older Muslim woman if you and your Muslim boyfriend can sleep together under her roof!  I’d never DARE, as it’s definitely a nonstarter and would scandalize my host at such unseemly behavior.

Azan is relieved that he doesn’t have to screw her, and to her credit, she’s being quite a bit more respectful even if she’s not thrilled about the rules.  We haven’t seen Pinky or the Brainless squealing like a stuck pig about not getting her way, so far.  No doubt, she’ll lose her shit along the way.  Of course she wants to make Azan jealous. She suffers from low self esteem, so anyone paying attention to her when Azan ignores her or won’t sex her up, you bet your sweet taters she’s going to let him know he’s got competition. 

• Love 4
45 minutes ago, KateHearts said:

Why? Because it's rural? Southern VA is the polar opposite of NOVA.... 

It isn't really the polar opposite.  Assume I know the entire state very well.  I doubt David will find what he is lookng for there unless he snuggles up close to DC, as I said.  He is used to a cosmopolitan environment.  

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Boofish said:

I still think it's odd they asked her what she was willing to do for a place to live and never once asked Lemony Snicket how he planned to contribute. He told her parents he would take good care of her. Sitting there silent while she is asked to provide meals and massages was very telling to me.

Fair point.  But, they may have assumed that David Poor's job would be to find a damn job, so he could move himself and Annie Goldbahts out.   The request for cooking didn't seem unreasonable, but the massages by the pool....

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, Sprockets said:

It isn't really the polar opposite.  Assume I know the entire state very well.  I doubt David will find what he is lookng for there unless he snuggles up close to DC, as I said.  He is used to a cosmopolitan environment.  

Funny because I think he’s delusional to think the DC suburbs are an option at 28 years old with no job experience. He might like the area but if he thinks they can afford it or easily get a job that will allow him to afford it, he’s out of his mind. 

Evelyn would have a tough time fitting in here. It’s an area with a very high rate of college educated people. Basically no 18 year old brides. Double incomes are the most common. I have a college education and had a career for many years before I quit to be a stay at home mom. And I still sometimes feel looked down on since I don’t have a real job. A girl with no education and no job would really struggle to find a peer group. Even David would have issues when people found out he has an 18 year old wife. That’s just outside pedofile territory and I know it would bother people. Around here 18 year olds are in college, not married to 28 year olds. 

• Love 4