Type keyword(s) to search

Season 5 Discussion

Drogo
  • Start Topic

So Nicole is used to chicken being in Saran Wrap?  And used to fresh veggies being packaged? Erm, there are farmers markets, veggie farms, fruit farms. Get to know where your food comes from.  Hamburger just doesn’t happen. Granted, I have relatives who had chickens, cows, etc. You knew where dinner came from. Lucky girl gets fresh chicken!

Elizabeth, you in danger, girl. Andrew has massive control issues and insecurity. You deal with this NOW.

Ah Evelyn, it is really about the fantasy of the perfect day.

Olivia is a smart cookie.

• Love 11
11 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

Azan and the shade..."This is the first time you're not hungry." That was cold. I need more.

Fun Fact - Sheep Head isn't served with a side of fries.

Edited by LisaWl7TR
ETA Fun fact
  • Love 22
6 hours ago, Deafening Roar said:

So I am from Georgia as well, about an hour-ish north of Woodstock (where Molly lives) and I have a full on southern accent but I will tell all of you this, she absolutely exaggerates her accent. The baby talk BS doesn't help at all but she sounds like a podunk hillbilly. A lot of people from the area she lives in don't speak with much of a southern accent as it is the outlying area of Atlanta and ATL is mostly transplants. I am far enough away from her area that we do speak a little hillbilly-ish but hearing her accent annoyed me to no ends. Her dad sounded more along the lines of what we sound like. She needs to stop that mess because she sounds ridiculous.

Sorry for the long post.

Dallas, GA here!

• Love 1

So precious,  little, snowflake princess wants to be just a little bit selfish for just one day.  Just a little bit. Screw her soon to be husband, screw her family, screw her best friend, screw the guests, she has planned this her whole life and deserves this, so, fuck off everyone. 

• Love 24

Watching Elizabeth and Andrei is difficult. I love snarking on these ridiculous people but that girl is going to end up as his punching bag if she stays with him and I think she knows it but thinks she’ll somehow manage to change him. Very sad. I’m glad her family will be around to protect her. 

Edited by WhatsUpDummy
  • Love 22
Just now, CofCinci said:

I have never been to a wedding where the wedding party had a separate better cake and the guests ate a Costco or Shop Rite cake. 

I have been to huge weddings where they supplement the 3 tier cake with a sheet cake. But it was made by the same bakery. I have a feeling it will be Duncan Hines for the guests 

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

I have never been to a wedding where the wedding party had a separate better cake and the guests ate a Costco or Shop Rite cake. 

Nor have I. Hell, have cupcakes! That is popular right now, and cheaper.

• Love 7

Only wedding cake I remember is the fruitcake kind you got in the receiving line. 

Granted some of them were country type weddings where the church ladies made fabulous chiffon and other cakes.

Any decent catered cake would be in the $5-10 per person range.

• Love 1

Evil-lyn doesn’t understand what HOSTING people means. She/David/their parents are hosting a wedding. That doesn’t  mean that you throw scraps at the guests you’re hosting and save all the good stuff for yourself.  If you can only afford a cake for your wedding party, then scrap the fancy wedding cake altogether and buy sheet cakes to serve everyone.  I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: she is planning a wedding she cannot afford. 

That said, I was glad the show finally said something about her having a job and what David’s work/educational background is like.

Edited by PityFree
Typos
  • Love 18

Anika has tattoos right below her lady bits,  on her inner thighs. I’d like to thank the camera crew for allowing us a floor-level view of her crotch every time she walks.

evelyn has one of those grimace/smiles that really conveys seething anger when she tries to act like it’s all just fine. Most of the time, it isn’t.

had to laugh when Nicole talked about seeing “fresh products” in the grocery store in Bradenton. I think the word “ produce” has never crossed her lips. And did you notice that she feels Azan has things he needs to work on- yet the requests he made (working out, eating better) aren’t really of any concern to her?

May is one of the cutest toddlers I’ve ever seen.

daid Poor is rather pitiful in his whites...and his body resembles a half-melted snowman.

Edited by KateHearts
  • Love 19

All I can say to David Spain is "get used to it". Evilyn is going to be calling the shots in your marriage now and forever.

Ditto for Hot Lips Elizabeth. Forget about going out with your friends for lunch, dinner, clubs or shopping for the rest of your married life. Andrrrrrei ain't gonna allow it. 

• Love 8

Fun fact: would you not establish a budget prior to the wedding?  $5/serving seems like a lot for cake.  Why not just go the grocery store or Costco route.  They make decent cakes especially for large parties.  I almost did that when I found out a lot of bakeries here in Los Angeles don’t do buttercream.  Apparently I’m tacky.  It’s more “European” to have whipped topping.  Well, we ain’t in Europe.

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, For Cereals said:

Fun fact: would you not establish a budget prior to the wedding?  $5/serving seems like a lot for cake.  Why not just go the grocery store or Costco route.  They make decent cakes especially for large parties.  I almost did that when I found out a lot of bakeries here in Los Angeles don’t do buttercream.  Apparently I’m tacky.  It’s more “European” to have whipped topping.  Well, we ain’t in Europe.

Our beautiful cske was $2 per serving and made by a local woman. Looked and tasted great.

• Love 1

If the cake is fancy and has a lot of presentation involved, you are paying for the ingredients, time used to make it, and probably delivery service and someone to serve and cut it in to pieces. That is not cheap. Nothing wrong with a small fake cake for show  and a regular sheet cake for the guests and wedding party.

The sheep head dinner was not for me.

• Love 5

It amazes me how these people are planning marriage and don't discuss even the most basic things. Like having a family.  

Does Poor David know if Annie wants to have children? Does Aika know Josh is in no hurry? (Does Josh have any kids from his two prior failed marriages? Maybe he's behind in child support payments for the ones he already has.) 

• Love 4