Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Haha...that immediately make me think of the "Shall we Dance?" scene in "The King and I". Granted, that was a Polka, not a Waltz, but I still get majorly defrauded every time I watch it...That scene of him slowly approaching her, his hand held out, aimed to wrap around her waist...GAH!

Oh heck yeah. Sexiest scene ever without any clothes off or kissing or long, lingering eye-locking looks into each other’s eyes.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, LilJen said:

Oh heck yeah. Sexiest scene ever without any clothes off or kissing or long, lingering eye-locking looks into each other’s eyes.

Of course, since it's pretty much a given that none of the Duggars or adjacent fundies could come anywhere near replicating Yul Brynner levels of smoulder, I don't suppose that sort of defraudment is very likely...

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, Rabbittron said:

I would sell my plasma to pay to watch their first dance.  If you think the first kiss is awkward just wait for their first dance.

Seriously, I can't even imagine JD dancing. He would be so awkward!

And I have been selling my plasma twice a week for years!

• Love 2

Even if JD were willing to dance or allow others to dance at his wedding, which I don't think he would be, the Duggars are on record as being anti-dancing. If TLC is filming this wedding--and of course they are--there won't be any dancing. That would be too major a contradiction of everything that JB and Michelle believe in, and correct me if I'm wrong, but Jinger hasn't even worn pants on camera and hasn't said a peep about wearing pants now. The kidults won't publicly discuss any major points of disagreements with their parents, and TLC is too committed to keeping everything as non-complex as possible to avoid making leghumper heads explode. 

If there's dancing, we won't know about it unless a guest sneaks a picture. 

Edited by lascuba
I never get there/their/they're right on the first try.
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Of course, since it's pretty much a given that none of the Duggars or adjacent fundies could come anywhere near replicating Yul Buynner levels of smoulder, 

Hahaha. Just imagining any of those guys even attempting to top that!  Comedy gold. Would definitely be the highest rated episode!

54 minutes ago, louannems said:

And I have been selling my plasma twice a week for years!

Good for you!

• Love 3
2 hours ago, lascuba said:

Even if JD were willing to dance or allow others to dance at his wedding, which I don't think he would be, the Duggars are on record as being anti-dancing. If TLC is filming this wedding--and of course they are--they're won't be any dancing. That would be too major a contradiction of everything that JB and Michelle believe in, and correct me if I'm wrong, but Jinger hasn't even worn pants on camera and hasn't said a peep about wearing pants now. The kidults won't publicly discuss any major points of disagreements with their parents, and TLC is too committed to keeping everything as non-complex as possible to avoid making leghumper heads explode. 

If there's dancing, we won't know about it unless a guest sneaks a picture. 

I agree with all that except... we have seen Jinger wear leggings under a long tunic when she was home for ( I think) Joys wedding.  It was at the church in the room where all the bridesmaids were getting ready. I remember it because I was truly surprised because she does seem to  wear dresses when she is on Duggar property. 

as someone who takes dance classes and dances 2-3 times a week (depending on how im feeling) I'm gonna say that I am very sorry that the Duggars don't dance. I've been doing lindy hop for a year and five days and I've recently started learning a dance called Balboa, which is a lindy hop adjacent that requires the partners to be very close. (like think waltz, but closer. The follow needs to to be able to feel what the lead is doing via a connection through the hips) 

and it's all sorts of amazing. I'm so sorry that they'll never feel that rush. I've truly found myself in a way that only comes from devoting myself to something and letting myself be scared about something before doing it. I truly love it. 

but again, I'd definitely tune in to watch John David even try to attempt it. I'm sure it would be amazing and awkward and awful and hilarious.  

(but also I think I've fallen for five different guys since beginning the difference is that I can control myself)

• Love 13

Every time I look at Jana, I see Pam Beesly. (The Office) I think it’s the hair and skirts. I was actually not a a Pam/Jim fan, but I’m rooting for Jana.

Edited by charmed1
  • Love 15

Not sure why one would need both  the spiralizer kit for the KitchenAid and a tabletop spiralizer.  They perform the same tasks.  However, the KitchenAid blades are MUCH easier to clean.  I gave my tabletop spiralizer away, and I love my KitchenAid kit.  The KitchenAid blades are more expensive, but, in my opinion, so worth the cost.

It kind of looks like she’s half sitting against his knees for a picture.  Her feet are on the floor. Frankly, I hope they told JB and Michelle to stuff it. They are 28 and 26. Other than possibly refusing to put up with them sleeping in the same room in the family  home etc, both sets of parents  should be hands off. 

I think french toast is the current mod. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 12

Wow between the two sites, she's really setting up a real home.  And it looks like she enjoys baking and cooking.  How will JD deal with real food to eat?  I also love that they are putting in things like camping and fishing equipment.  Looks like she wants to have fun.  Add in the board games and it looks like they're not going to be sitting around all night just staring at their phone screens.  

@CalicoKitty that's great to know about the spiralizer.  I just got one for my birthday that's a table top.  And while I do have a kitchen aid mixer, I have to take it to the laundry room to use it because I only have one 3 prong outlet in the kitchen and it's got the fridge and microwave on it.  

• Love 6

Regarding the lack of chaperones, I wonder if Boob finally got a clue and realized there'd be a ton more interest if one of his kids didn't follow their ridiculous courtship rules. Not to mention Abbie is 26 and a nurse. She handles patients and sees the human anatomy on a daily basis. Does she really need an eight year-old trailing at her heels, reminding her not to get too close to her fiance?

• Love 11
12 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Who needs 3 ironing boards?

The same person that registers for a fridge, washer and dryer.  WTH? Are couples not responsible for any of their own expenses anymore?  

Am I the only one who saw the aprons and thought of kinky sex games?  

• Love 10
9 minutes ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

The same person that registers for a fridge, washer and dryer.  WTH? Are couples not responsible for any of their own expenses anymore?  

Am I the only one who saw the aprons and thought of kinky sex games?  

I'm actually ok with the appliances.  That being said, it looks like if they have those on the list then they have a plan of where to live and know that it doesn't have those things.  The other thing I've seen, especially with folks that have perhaps a large extended family - aunts/uncles/grandparents - they often pull together to get one large item instead of oh hey, here's your 20th set of towels.  And Abbie seems to be smarter than the average Duggar, I know, I know, that's not that hard, but she may also be thinking, let's put EVERYTHING we want on the list and if some friends of your parents want to buy it for us, or fans? Then I'm totally happy to write them the best thank you card they've ever gotten.

Also I will admit when Mr. Dragon and I got married, at 25 and 26, his parents surprised us with a bare bones washer and dryer.  I was beyond thrilled.  My parents gave us a check for like $4 or 500 to specifically go for a fridge.  The reason being is that we were doing a $500 wedding because we spend our savings a couple of months before on the down payment for our first home.  Mr. Dragon and I hit a labor day sale for the fridge, who also honored other store ads and we had a store with the same fridge, it turned out, that wasn't offering a sale, but a tax free weekend and our store's manager honored it.  So new fridge, on super sale, no tax and declined the maintenance contract and we only had to chip in like $50 bucks to get an amazing fridge.

8 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

Do you think she wants 3 or just wants to give her guests the opportunity to choose between them?  Or did she ask for 3 of the exact same model? 

I know at least one of the ironing boards is a full, regular board and another one is a table top board, which are great for small spaces or a quick top off of a tie or a sleeve, etc.

• Love 6
21 minutes ago, DragonFaerie said:

Also I will admit when Mr. Dragon and I got married, at 25 and 26, his parents surprised us with a bare bones washer and dryer.

That makes perfect sense.  Your money went to something you valued more, and it was being spent wisely.    But Abbie is marrying a Duggar, so they shouldn’t need the help; it’s not like he’s been paying rent and student loans for the last five years.  You’re probably getting a free house, at least you can buy your own damn Kenmore (do they still make those?)  These aren’t Sub Zero appliances, but they aren’t bare boans either.  IDK. I guess I’m behind the times.  There are plenty of reasonably priced items though, which is nice to see. 

Edited by Ijustwantsomechips
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

That makes perfect sense.  Your money went to something you valued more, and it was being spent wisely.    But Abbie is marrying a Duggar, so they shouldn’t need the help; it’s not like he’s been paying rent and student loans for the last five years.  You’re probably getting a free house, at least you can buy your own damn Kenmore (do they still make those?)  These aren’t Sub Zero appliances, but they aren’t bare boans either.  IDK. I guess I’m behind the times.  There are plenty of reasonably priced items though, which is nice to see. 

Thank you @Ijustwantsomechips for putting into perspective for me.  I was thinking of my experience but not the fact that JD hasn't had our student loans, house insurance, health insurance, auto payments (as far as we know) to pay out and he and Jana have been on the show forever so he should have a huge nest egg and be able to buy it all.

Honestly, there's a tiny part of me that wants to buy them something small just to see if I get a thank you card.  LOL  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

I haven't looked at the registry, but a lot of places have a thing where, after your event, they give you a discount on things left on your registry. Bed Bath and Beyond gives you 10% off, or they used to. 

My friend registered for expensive things when she got married, not with the expectation of getting them as gifts (though it is nice to have things like that for groups of people to go in on if they want), but because hoped to be able to get them at a discount herself after the wedding.

• Love 13
Just now, McManda said:

I haven't looked at the registry, but a lot of places have a thing where, after your event, they give you a discount on things left on your registry. Bed Bath and Beyond gives you 10% off, or they used to. 

My friend registered for expensive things when she got married, not with the expectation of getting them as gifts (though it is nice to have things like that for groups of people to go in on if they want), but because hoped to be able to get them at a discount herself after the wedding.

Now I could see that.  It would have to be Abbie’s idea though. No way JD is clever enough.  

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Lunera said:

ae14dcab-674a-4a6d-b481-32817f05e813.thumb.jpg.e2cf3d67c1acbab09db7a33c7ed33af3.jpg3aa51909-4ef0-4a77-a304-198793f56ba7.thumb.jpg.4e5f1ea0e8507a80cfdcb259f5ad26bd.jpg

I think these are the pictures from the festival and they were definitely chaperoned by a few people.

Lap sitting before marriage, how scandalous!

Her family owns a peach farm and every year, at this festival, they make peach ice cream.

I'm making peach ice cream this weekend!  Local, ripe good peaches.

Edited by louannems
  • Love 10

The thing I did not understand on their registry was registering for trash bags. Though maybe if registering for them gets them a discount for six months, I get it, though it seems pretty mercenary to register for them for that reason (Oh wait, Duggar genes!). The other thing that confounded me was registering for so. many. towels.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, lookeyloo said:

Hahahaha.  Me.  I have one behind the table my sewing machine is on to hold the big part of the quilt as I work on it.  I have another one with a "big board" on it for ironing fabric.  And now I need a third one for regular ironing.  Which I like to do.  But, Abbie, nah, don't think so.

As a fellow quilter, I actually understand this. I sadly only have 1 ironing board.  I think Abbie and JD are possibly taking a look at how their parents households are set up and think they need everything their parents have. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

Thank you @Ijustwantsomechips for putting into perspective for me.  I was thinking of my experience but not the fact that JD hasn't had our student loans, house insurance, health insurance, auto payments (as far as we know) to pay out and he and Jana have been on the show forever so he should have a huge nest egg and be able to buy it all.

Honestly, there's a tiny part of me that wants to buy them something small just to see if I get a thank you card.  LOL  

Thanks @DragonFaerie. I’m just a cynical bitty some days, but my mind won’t let me normalize their situation when they have a private jet or two.  Your situation sounded like two young people starting out and focusing more on the relationship than the wedding.  

The Duggars, OTOH, fly all the way to KY to buy Frankenstein wedding gowns.  There’s nothing wrong with registering for and receiving gifts.  But for people that proclaim to be the perfect Christians, they ask for a hell of a lot more than they give, so it always comes across as greedy when I know many in their circle have far less means than they do.  Not that Abbie doesn’t deserve nice things, but her in laws are buttheads. 

• Love 18
5 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

I hope Abbie and JD managed to get a break and just walk around the festival together by themselves.  Hopefully her parents laughed at the Duggars chaperone rules and were like um, No.

Oh, let's hope they did.  Some of my favorite memories of Mr Barb and I dating are just walking around the waterfront areas of nearby cities & talking about whatever.  

All the talk about peaches & peach ice cream has my mouth watering.  Like I said before, it's a shame Jana can't whip up items on her sewing machine & sell them at different festivals and fairs.  I was thinking of them selling homemade jellies or canned/jarred veggies or homemade breads but that involves food & cleanliness which aren't big among the Duggars.

• Love 3
22 hours ago, floridamom said:

I wonder if JD and Abbie running around unchaperoned is true? How could that be since the Duggars have had all of their courting kids under guard, lock and key? 

Maybe one of their kids finally said - "Fuck off.  I'm an adult and I make my own decisions".  And Abbie backed him up.  

That's the way it went in my head lol.

• Love 15
23 hours ago, graefin said:

https://registry.theknot.com/abbie-burnett-john-duggar-january-2019/27818734

Some interesting items on their registry. Three different whisks (or as Jill would call them, wisks), four measuring cups (maybe they're opening a restaurant?), three ironing boards, lots of rose gold, some kinky aprons . . .

The Bed Bath & Beyond registry alone has over 200 items. That seems like a lot. 

She’s an essential oil enthusiast. Glad I won’t be smelling their house. And what the hell ... is this a device for huffing ambi pur!?

https://m.bedbathandbeyond.com/m/product/mypurmist-reg-handheld-steam-inhaler/3286438/

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQELDeaXyn1_ACDV9iKLX-

giphy.gif

Edited by kokapetl
  • Love 8
3 minutes ago, kokapetl said:

She’s an essential oil enthusiast. Glad I won’t be smelling their house. And what the hell ... is this a device for huffing ambi pur!?

She's an essential oil enthusiast because she's been to the TTH and has smelled that place.

16 hours ago, jcbrown said:

The thing I did not understand on their registry was registering for trash bags. Though maybe if registering for them gets them a discount for six months, I get it, though it seems pretty mercenary to register for them for that reason (Oh wait, Duggar genes!). The other thing that confounded me was registering for so. many. towels.

I have no doubt Abbie has seen the pictures, if not in person, of the state of some of these houses.  I can see her keeping a roll of garbage bags/disposable gloves/paper towels/bleach cleanups in her car so when they walk into the mold house and see a pile of dirty diapers, she hands a garbage bag to jessa.  

Oh Jill, what a surprise!  You just showed up with your husband and your kids!  Oh and look at that you brought us dinner.  Aren't you, um, thoughtful.  Well let me just put this in the fridge since John and I just sat down to the dinner I made.  

As soon as they are gone.  JOHN get the trashbags, we are sooo not eating this, whatever it is.

• Love 23
2 hours ago, kokapetl said:

The Bed Bath and Beyond registry people push you hard to overload your registry. Like, the recommendation is something like the number of items on your registry should be something like double your guest list. I'm not sure what's the reasoning is (something about between split between shower gifts and wedding gifts) and the argument that a lot of the items are small (kitchen miscellany, bathroom miscellany, etc) and people will buy more than just one set of measuring cups.

I remember not agreeing with a lot of the reasoning, and being overwhelmed by the prospect of having to register for so. much. stuff. Luckily I was just tagging along with a friend while she set up her registry so I didn't stress too much.

If they're inviting 1000+ people to their wedding, Abbie and JD were probably talked into registering for waaaaay more than they'd need (like the the ironing boards!), especially because it's unlikely they'd know enough to either put their for down or politely forget what the BB&B associate was trying to sell them on.

• Love 7

Wait, isn't the theory the Duggar kids have nothing of their own, only what Jim Bob decides to dole out to them, when he feels like it, none of the show money goes directly to them, again only what JB gives them, and the moment one of them goes against the grain, he'll snatch it away? So if that's true, why the need to begrudge John David and Abbie for daring to register for wedding gifts when their whole lively hood and home could be yanked away in a moment? Can't have it both ways. 

I'm going to say good for them for registering like any other married couple. John and Abbie seem like a lovely couple and she shouldn't get a less than wedding because she's marrying a Duggar. I will never understand the 18 sets of towels or whatever, but I also didn't understand why my cousin registered at BBB, Kohls, and another store that was basically BBB (the chain has since went out of business and I can't for the life of me remember the name) when she got married in 2001, for basically the same stuff at each store. I know plenty of people who used to to that around the same time. My cousin also registered for like 4 sets of dinnerware when I knew my grandmother had been buying her pieces of a particular china set forever and giving her a few pieces every Christmas. How many plates did my cousin need? I get good china and everyday, but 4 sets of everyday? She now has 4 sons, so chances are the good stuff hasn't seen the light of day in years and the everyday has long since had multiple accidents to random bits. Maybe that's the fundy thinking? They know their elevenity billion kids are going to break/ruin stuff? 

• Love 9

@Fostersmom, I agree.  All the girls in that family registered like this, so I can't begrudge JD and Abbie.  What I did find irritating, was registering with a good friend whose wedding I was in.  She haphazardly went about swiping anything and everything, stating she already had everything she needed (they already lived together) but was "trading up".  Now that pissed me off.

• Love 12
6 hours ago, McManda said:

Linens 'N Things?

I loved that place! They introduced me to the joy that is 1000 thread count Egyptian cotton sheets. They had amazing sales which, combined with coupons, brought those $185 a set sheets down to $75. Alas, I must now stalk Overstock.com for a deal. I’ve been ruined for regular sheets. 

On topic, I hope the items they registered for are truly theirs, not restocking Boob’s storage sheds.

• Love 7
10 hours ago, Catfin said:

I loved that place! They introduced me to the joy that is 1000 thread count Egyptian cotton sheets. They had amazing sales which, combined with coupons, brought those $185 a set sheets down to $75. Alas, I must now stalk Overstock.com for a deal. I’ve been ruined for regular sheets. 

On topic, I hope the items they registered for are truly theirs, not restocking Boob’s storage sheds.

I think the stuff on the registries is for Abby and JD.   Abby doesn't strike me as a pushover.  If anything, she seems to have been planning her dream home for some time.   Lauren and Josiahs registry was so haphazard that it was obvious that JB was restocking his home.

• Love 4

Well, ride me sideways, JD got himself a girl?? Good for him, he does look genuinely happy. But blimey, he also looks rough and old. Why do the Duggars age so badly and quickly?

I'd say that Abbie will not put up with any shite from the Duggars, she strikes me as someone who knows what she wants and is a no nonsense kind of person.

• Love 8

But even so, I don't think Jana WANTS to leave. I think that of all the daughters, she and Jill are the two biggest Kool-Aid drinkers. No matter how tightly controlled they were before marriage, Jessa and Jinger still let an occasional unorthodox or rebellious comment slip through. Jana and Jill both seemed perfectly content with their narrow, dull little lives.

But Jana was the one who said in a talking head that she had problems with resentment toward "certain ones" (she didn't specify who). She was the one who cried while recounting the jewelry box story 10 years after it happened. She was the one who was sent to Journey of the Heart (the female version of Alert), presumably for "correction," more often than her sisters. And based on her facial expressions, she seems to be the adult version of Jenni, only she is of the older "rod" generation, so she has had outright frowning trained out of her by now, at least while the cameras are on.

Put together all of this evidence doesn't add up (to me) to someone who was happy to drink the Kool Aid and is content with life, but I guess YMMV.

• Love 19
1 hour ago, graefin said:

She was the one who was sent to Journey of the Heart (the female version of Alert), presumably for "correction," more often than her sisters.

We don't know why she went so often.  Plus JTTH may be for attitude adjustment for some attendees, but I think Jana went for a vacation.  She even went back as a counselor so she must have enjoyed it.

• Love 3
On 8/11/2018 at 11:04 PM, Catfin said:

You know, I am going to have to try this one day.  I haven't to my knowledge ever slept on fancy sheets.  I think at almost 50 its about damn time.  I shall stalk Overstock as well.  

When we registered it was overwhelming.  I did REALLY like the dishes I picked out.  They were discontinued shortly after our wedding which is a bummer.  I only got *1* set of the dishes and *1* set of the flat wear.  They weren't even that expensive!  I now have the flat wear my parents got for their wedding in '56 and the dishes I grew up using.  

Have these two registered for a bunch of gift cards as well like the others?

• Love 1

Folks, please remember that this is a thread about the Duggars, not about your own weddings, or wedding gift buying experiences, or how much you miss Linens and Things or other non-Duggar topics. Stick to discussing these things only as they relate to the Duggars. I miss Linens N Things too, and I'm happy to talk about it in Small Talk, but not here!

• Love 18

I’m kind of glad Abbie registered for some nicer things.  We all know high thread count Egyptian cotton sheets are life changing, but JD surely doesn’t.  Maybe once he’s introduced to nicer things, he will grow accustomed to and provide them for his own children.  Nothing would say FU to JB and MOTY like a few kids with nice, properly made beds, healthy food, and a tidy home.  One can wish.  

• Love 18