Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, MaryAnneSpier said:

One of the Duggar boys is courting. A few years ago, the Duggar parents met up with another uptight, large family from the Springfield, IL area. I have connections in Springfield, and apparently a Duggar boy (the source didn't know which one) was at church with one of the Hogan girls. 

ETA: The parents and at least some of the Duggar offspring were there as well. So they're still sticking to the rule of going nowhere without the family, even to church.

https://samaritanministries.org/blog/member-spotlight-chris-and-anne-hogan-of-noble-call-institute

I think I found the parents. These guys are through ATI and are from Springfield, IL. Chris and Anne Hogan. (In fact, knee deep into ATI.)

Also...remember that marriage retreat that JB and Michelle went on in an episode of 19K&C? Facilitated by Chris and Anne Hogan!

• Love 5

They were in Springfield IL  a few weeks ago and ( I think) gave one of their speeches.  that was probably the visit in question. No, I didn’t go hear them. I believe Pickles has a photo of them at the Lincoln Presidential Museum.  

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, Lunera said:

It's definitely one of the twins, which is sad because they're not even out of their teens.

I guess the other twin will get to court Kendra's younger sister Lauren (I think that's her name).  Or maybe Jason will.   As you know she's on JB's radar.

And add me to the list that would love to see Jana get her own thread.

• Love 6

Screenshot_20180906-110605.thumb.jpg.134ff94b8f4ede5e7401a0e1fffc3952.jpg

Screenshot_20180906-110531_crop_576x847-288x424.png.8ea980f7f16303a5d903b31ad0840f90.png

Here is the picture of the family at the Lincoln museum. Sinner twin is standing pretty close behind a girl I've never seen before. Below is a picture of the oldest Hogan girl I screenshot from a video featuring her family. 

• Love 2

Ugh, and Joshley's ugly self.  Apparently no one thought to pose him at the end for cropping purposes.

Sinner twin is what?  18 or 19?  Way too young for "courting."

That Hogan girl looks unhappy.  So would I have been, had I grown up Fundie.

• Love 8

Thanks to wikipedia,  I looked up the birthdate of the twins and they'll turn 20 on December 30th.     So I guess one of them could start courting now with an engagement in early 2019.  And yes that Hogan girl looks miserable.   

The next one to join the lonely club will be James next July so there's a way to go before the thread title needs to be edited again.

Edited by CindyBee
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

I know I shouldn't judge based on a screenshot, but the Hogan girl looks like a dour Sarah Silverman. Hopefully she just has a serious case of RBF and she's more personable in live action.

You are right!  I remember the Sarah Silverman comedy special I saw a few years back, and she was also on an episode or two of Louie.

RBF, what an apt description.  Poor dear.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I know I shouldn't judge based on a screenshot, but the Hogan girl looks like a dour Sarah Silverman. Hopefully she just has a serious case of RBF and she's more personable in live action.

If I lived with Gothardism and in a fundie family, I would have a permanent RBF out of having to live with it. She looks old enough. Run, lady, Run!

Edited by Temperance
spelling
  • Love 15

My suggestion for a Jana thread title:

Jana: A Thread of One's Own. :) 

Though I seriously doubt the Duggars even know who Virginia Woolf is. . . . 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 22
On 9/5/2018 at 11:17 PM, MaryAnneSpier said:

One of the Duggar boys is courting. A few years ago, the Duggar parents met up with another uptight, large family from the Springfield, IL area. I have connections in Springfield, and apparently a Duggar boy (the source didn't know which one) was at church with one of the Hogan girls. 

ETA: The parents and at least some of the Duggar offspring were there as well. So they're still sticking to the rule of going nowhere without the family, even to church.

Counting down until that vitriolic hateful Pickles bitch claims this news as her own (quoting her source)

• Love 5

Here's a link to the church the Hogans attend. The church used to be called IHOP for International House of Prayer, but the restaurant sued them for the use of their initials.

http://www.hopspringfield.com/

I met some of the Hogan clan several years ago. The girls are pretty, but some of them struck me as very similar to Jana. Outwardly "keeping sweet" and being friendly, but underneath is a quiet sadness. That was just my view of them though, so I don't know if that's actually the case. The girls all had long hair and wore skirts to the ground, so they have a lot in common with the Duggar lifestyle. And I can't remember how many kids they have. Ten to twelve I believe. 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, cdp73 said:

Jana Duggar:  Her very own She-thread

I'm the contrarian here. I think that would be dull as watching paint dry. Jana keeps quiet and keeps sweet, and IMO a lot of the discussion about her is just speculation and projection of our own fantasies onto her. Because there's not much actually known beyond: quiet, not on social media, seems nice, and supposedly runs the TTH and raises the kids. So, if she's all that and a bag of chips at running the TTH, how come it's so dirty and messy, and all the meals are served on Styrofoam?

Obviously, YMMV. I don't hate on Jana but I don't see any objective reason for all the extra Jana love.

• Love 13
4 minutes ago, louannems said:

They may wear long dresses but at least they don't have a problem with female bare shoulders!

I watched that video about strangers saving the family in the flooded car.  So amazing.

I watched a youtube video of one of the eldest girls, and she's been living away from the family and working in Wisconsin for four years. And then she's going to travel next year and stay with different missionaries. And she spoke like a normal Christian young woman; she dropped in some of the usual Christian phrases, but not nearly as many as the Duggars, and she had some life and personality coming through. They're still definitely a fundy family, but more a modern one.  

• Love 2
22 hours ago, Lunera said:

Screenshot_20180906-110531_crop_576x847-288x424.png.8ea980f7f16303a5d903b31ad0840f90.png

Here is the picture of the family at the Lincoln museum. Sinner twin is standing pretty close behind a girl I've never seen before. Below is a picture of the oldest Hogan girl I screenshot from a video featuring her family. 

Well she looks like she would be an awful lot of fun ?

• Love 14
23 hours ago, Lunera said:

This is the only picture I've seen (haven't really bothered to look up more), but here, at least, she reminds me strongly of Diana Canova who played the character of Corinne on Soap back in the day.

Given that the character was pretty promiscuous, and later caused a Catholic priest to give up his vows to marry her, I can't help but imagine a few interesting storylines. Also (Google being my friend yet again), I see that Diana Canova herself was once a member of the Church of Scientology who managed to break away, so I'm kinda hoping that the look on her face is not indicative of her personality as a whole, but maybe there's a spark in there that the camera missed. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Jeeves said:

I'm the contrarian here. I think that would be dull as watching paint dry. Jana keeps quiet and keeps sweet, and IMO a lot of the discussion about her is just speculation and projection of our own fantasies onto her. Because there's not much actually known beyond: quiet, not on social media, seems nice, and supposedly runs the TTH and raises the kids. So, if she's all that and a bag of chips at running the TTH, how come it's so dirty and messy, and all the meals are served on Styrofoam?

Obviously, YMMV. I don't hate on Jana but I don't see any objective reason for all the extra Jana love.

I agree that Jana does not need her own thread, but I appreciate the creative thread titles.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

Either which way, I would resent the hell out of my family, if I were Jana.  She must be looking forward to a heavenly reward.  

This may sound odd, but I don't think that Jana is a believer -- I don't think any of the Duggars are actual believers. The Duggars are not (IMO) spiritual people, they are legalistic people. They "love" their religion because it provides them with a lot of rules, and they have taught those rules to their children -- full stop. I don't think a "heavenly reward" is anything more than words to Jana

• Love 15
10 hours ago, MaryAnneSpier said:

I watched a youtube video of one of the eldest girls, and she's been living away from the family and working in Wisconsin for four years. And then she's going to travel next year and stay with different missionaries. And she spoke like a normal Christian young woman; she dropped in some of the usual Christian phrases, but not nearly as many as the Duggars, and she had some life and personality coming through. They're still definitely a fundy family, but more a modern one.  

She has modern music playing in the background as well.

1 hour ago, cmr2014 said:

This may sound odd, but I don't think that Jana is a believer -- I don't think any of the Duggars are actual believers. The Duggars are not (IMO) spiritual people, they are legalistic people. They "love" their religion because it provides them with a lot of rules, and they have taught those rules to their children -- full stop. I don't think a "heavenly reward" is anything more than words to Jana

I didn't think of it like that.  You may be right.  I agree, they aren't spiritual the way I understand the word.

• Love 5

I just perused the pictures on the Hogan Facebook page and it looks like the women do wear pants, at least more recently. This may be like the Burnetts all over again.

Pic from July 2016, where they are wearing skirts. The daughters closest in age to Jed/Jer are Savannah (third from left), who would be 19 now, and Olivia (jean jacket), who would be 18 now. Or if there was going to be another Jessa/Ben type of relationship where the woman was older, Sophia (in between Savannah and Olivia with the loud skirt and white top) would be 22 now.

13734880_10154500962252280_3941157193405

Edited by madpsych78
  • Love 3
On 9/6/2018 at 6:54 PM, CindyBee said:

The next one to join the lonely club will be James next July so there's a way to go before the thread title needs to be edited again.

I read this wrong. I thought it said "The next one to join the lonely club will be James then July . . ." and I thought "There's a July?"

• Love 23
2 hours ago, Jordan Baker said:

I read this wrong. I thought it said "The next one to join the lonely club will be James then July . . ." and I thought "There's a July?"

Haha That's great!

Though I'd never use it as a name, if they'd named one of their kids July, I'd at least assume they were fellow Lonesome Dove fans. And I would give them a few bonus points for that. 

• Love 9
10 minutes ago, Zella said:

Haha That's great!

Though I'd never use it as a name, if they'd named one of their kids July, I'd at least assume they were fellow Lonesome Dove fans. And I would give them a few bonus points for that. 

Or fans of Mr. & Mrs. BoJo Jones.  I wonder if anyone here remembers that book or movie!  BTW, Lonesome Dove is a wonderful book and mini-series.  

I would like Jana to have her own thread.  She is a fairly hot topic, even if she is quiet and unassuming.  

• Love 13
1 minute ago, BetyBee said:

Or fans of Mr. & Mrs. BoJo Jones.  I wonder if anyone here remembers that book or movie!  BTW, Lonesome Dove is a wonderful book and mini-series.  

I would like Jana to have her own thread.  She is a fairly hot topic, even if she is quiet and unassuming.  

I must confess that's a new one on me! But Lonesome Dove is an all-time favorite. I rewatch and reread regularly. :) 

• Love 3
33 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

That rings a slight bell...although I don't recall ever reading or seeing it, my mind is conjuring up a paperback with a movie-poster type cover featuring Desi Arnaz Jr, who I had a crush on when I was about 13. Would that be right?

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Lunera said:

I agree Jana should have her own thread but I have feeling they'll make an announcement about Jana courting very soon. It'll probably be right before the season finale. 

No, I don't think so. I think the next courtship will be announced right around the time John David gets married. Someone has to be courting at all times. I think next it will be an ---Iah twin. But Jana will be probably married by the end of 2020 unless she doesn't want to. 

I don't want Jana to have her own thread. Too much attention for someone who doesn't like the spotlight. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 10