Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

Nothing would say FU to JB and MOTY like a few kids with nice, properly made beds, healthy food, and a tidy home.  One can wish.  

And who go to real school for a real education. And get to have friends.

• Love 17

The question I would ask of Ma and Peepaw Kettle, if I were ever to encounter them:  Why didn't you make, or at least try to make, your children's lives better than yours were?  I don't believe that quantity is better than quality, but then again, I'm not fundie.

Since Abbie's upbringing at least seems to the untrained eye as more "normal," I hope she will prevail on the number of kids she'll be having, at least.  And JD will allow her to have the final say.  Of course, if she's been raised full-on Gothard, it may not happen.

Do women in AR need their husband's permission to get birth control?  Where there's a will, there's a way.  Especially since Abbie's an LPN, and knows about these things.

• Love 6

I think Pa managed to be "superior" to his frenemies from high school in only 3 things, at least in his brain.  

1) marrying a cheerleader

2) getting her pregnant with 21 kids - including Caleb and Jubille

3) getting his own tv show. 

Those are his accomplishments.  If he let his kids go to school, or to a trade school, or have friends, or be on social media, they, most likely would do better than him and that would hurt his ego and pride.  Which between those, hairspray, bad food and hey, hey, hey anytime he wants it, I think that's all he lives for IMHO.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Since Abbie's upbringing at least seems to the untrained eye as more "normal," I hope she will prevail on the number of kids she'll be having, at least.  And JD will allow her to have the final say.  Of course, if she's been raised full-on Gothard, it may not happen.

Do women in AR need their husband's permission to get birth control?  Where there's a will, there's a way.  Especially since Abbie's an LPN, and knows about these things.

She's been raised full-on Gothard. Her family were literally the poster children for Gothard's homeschooling school program ATI, (Advanced Training Institute, the homeschooling arm of IBLP). Actually a picture of her family is still up on ATI page of the IBLP website.  

Her LPN status may have exposed her to new ideas about family size. But old beliefs die hard. I expect her to have kids pretty soon after marriage, especially since she is "an older bride" in their world. 

• Love 15

I'm intrigued by the Burnett family. It's interesting that hardcore Gothardites would allow their daughter to pursue nursing; a field in which she'd see naked bodies, have to touch male patients and work with people from all walks of life. Not to mention all the science classes she had to take to get there. It seems to go against everything they believe in.

• Love 16
44 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I'm intrigued by the Burnett family. It's interesting that hardcore Gothardites would allow their daughter to pursue nursing; a field in which she'd see naked bodies, have to touch male patients and work with people from all walks of life. Not to mention all the science classes she had to take to get there. It seems to go against everything they believe in.

I agree of the many choices of higher learning, nursing is about as anti-Gothard one could choose. What do Abbie's parents do for a living?

Part of Gothard's shtick was to keep these families isolated and poor. The TV shows reduced isolation and increased income for the Duggars and Bates. The Bates parents have relaxed some Gothard teachings with all their kids and some of the older Duggar kids have pushed outside of the Gothard box a tad bit. Yet JillR and her family, who remain isolated and have a lower income, remain full on Fundy.  

Maybe Abbie's parents work in the real world and recognize how limiting living Gothard Fundy is for their kids' futures. So maybe they're more Fundy-lite now.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 12

Abbie's dad is a lawn guy who moonlights making preaching videos while riding his sit-down lawn mower.  These videos are to encourage other men to love Jesus and be manly men.

The mom just had her 6th, or maybe 8th baby and I'm guessing is a SAHM.

Oops!  Sorry!  I'm getting Abbie's dad mixed up with Lauren's dad!

Edited by louannems
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Do women in AR need their husband's permission to get birth control?

Wha? Do women anywhere need their husband's permission to get birth control? I thought The Handmaid's Tale was a work of fiction?

• Love 8
21 minutes ago, graefin said:

Wha? Do women anywhere need their husband's permission to get birth control? I thought The Handmaid's Tale was a work of fiction?

@xwordfanatik No where in the USA does an adult woman need anyone else’s permission to get birth control (assuming she’s can pay for it). 

Edited by Scarlett45
  • Love 8
29 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Teenagers have the right to it too. No permission from anyone needed, at least at places like Planned Parenthood.

Yes, all minors are emancipated and therefore able to seek and receive medical care in 3 areas without parental consent: birth control, pregnancy and STD prevention and treatment.

This can make for some strange situations. For example, a minor teen can consent for prenatal care and even care for her newborn including circumcision.  However, if that teen mom is in labor and wants an epidural, a parent or guardian is needed to consent to it technically.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 15
33 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Yes, all minors are emancipated and therefore able to seek and receive medical care in 3 areas without parental consent: birth control, pregnancy and STD prevention and treatment.

This can make for some strange situations. For example, a minor teen can consent for prenatal care and even care for her newborn including circumcision.  However, if that teen mom is in labor and wants an epidural, a parent or guardian is needed to consent to it technically.

Is that because the teen becomes the mother of the child and is therefore the guardian, but since she's a teen and not an adult, she doesn't have a say over her own body? You're right, that is awkward!

I do think Abbie's choice is Gothard-awkward, but we have a nursing shortage in our country and it's not difficult to find a job in the field. I'm still hoping they move to Oklahoma. I know they won't, but I want them too. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

Is that because the teen becomes the mother of the child and is therefore the guardian, but since she's a teen and not an adult, she doesn't have a say over her own body? You're right, that is awkward!

I do think Abbie's choice is Gothard-awkward, but we have a nursing shortage in our country and it's not difficult to find a job in the field. I'm still hoping they move to Oklahoma. I know they won't, but I want them too. 

I'm not sure of the exact legal reason, but, I think it has to do with the fact that the teen is the parent, so, even if she is under 18, she is still legally the guardian of the child.  Of course, if a teen is able to choose a method of birth control, get treated for an STD and get prenatal care without parental consent, it seems kind of silly to not let her decide about labor analgesia.

• Love 15

I wonder how "sisterly" the Duggar girls are going to be with Abbie.  She was raised in the Gothard life, but she's attended some real schooling and has a job in the real world.  Her sister's wedding involved *gasp* dancing!  And she does this crazy thing like wearing plastic gloves while working her families food booth at the Peach festival.  Between school and work she will have had to be on time and dressed appropriately.  I think Jessa may be a little snarky to her and I don't see her reaching out to try and form any real bond with Abbie.  This is based on the way she was to Kendra's sister on the phone call about Kendra's labor and such.  Jill, I think, may try to form a bond, because Derick is going to be gone all the time for law school and studying, and she's going to think because she's a #notmidwife, that they have something in common.  Perhaps she'll bond with Jana, but I don't see her as happily going over to TTH to hang out all day, every day.

• Love 9
16 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

I wonder how "sisterly" the Duggar girls are going to be with Abbie.  She was raised in the Gothard life, but she's attended some real schooling and has a job in the real world.  Her sister's wedding involved *gasp* dancing!  And she does this crazy thing like wearing plastic gloves while working her families food booth at the Peach festival.  Between school and work she will have had to be on time and dressed appropriately.  I think Jessa may be a little snarky to her and I don't see her reaching out to try and form any real bond with Abbie.  This is based on the way she was to Kendra's sister on the phone call about Kendra's labor and such.  Jill, I think, may try to form a bond, because Derick is going to be gone all the time for law school and studying, and she's going to think because she's a #notmidwife, that they have something in common.  Perhaps she'll bond with Jana, but I don't see her as happily going over to TTH to hang out all day, every day.

This would make for some great snark watching.  I see Jessa being a little jealous too. And Ana will probably be the coldest of all. 

• Love 10

I'm sure Anna, deep down, judges Abbie because she's an "old maid." After all, Anna did the "right" thing and got married when barely an adult, and she has had to endure some crappy things. She seems a lot like Jill, like she thinks deep down that she made better decisions than everyone, and is baffled as to why she doesn't have the happiest marriage, so she desperately tries to pretend. I could see either of them strongly begrudging someone who waited until their late twenties to marry, and appears to be going into a marriage with a great guy who is crazy about them. It's like the real world equivalent of rolling your eyes when the biggest slut in high school (who now posts Bible verses every day and wears cardigans instead of clubwear) snags the best guy, and you can't help but be a little jealous because you weren't a total skank and got passed over! For them, it's the same. Abbie spent her twenties getting educated instead of married, being the perfect wife and mother (and I'll definitely give Anna props for being an amazing mom!), and is still rewarded with a great marriage. I can see Jill overcoming the judgment in order to brag about her midwifery skills and befriend the "other" medical woman. Anna I'm sure will feel really jealous and judgmental. 

• Love 12
On ‎8‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 8:43 AM, graefin said:

It wasn't that long ago in the US that women *did* need their husband's permission (and before 1960 it was illegal to get the Pill for anything other than "menstrual problems"), and unmarried women could NOT get the Pill. Not sure when laws changed regarding needing a husband's permission for tubal ligation.

• Love 10
7 minutes ago, LilJen said:

It wasn't that long ago in the US that women *did* need their husband's permission (and before 1960 it was illegal to get the Pill for anything other than "menstrual problems"), and unmarried women could NOT get the Pill. Not sure when laws changed regarding needing a husband's permission for tubal ligation.

I figured that was the way it was, before the sixties.  I do remember a friend's mother getting a tubal in the early 60's, and her husband had to consent.  

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

I figured that was the way it was, before the sixties.  I do remember a friend's mother getting a tubal in the early 60's, and her husband had to consent.  

Back when I was a resident in the mid 80's, our hospital consent forms still had a place for the husband to sign for tubal ligations.  By then, we didn't need to get their signatures, but the form was from an era not that many years earlier.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

My husband had a vasectomy in the late 70s when he was married to his first wife and she had to consent before the doctor would snip him. 

• Love 2
On 8/20/2018 at 1:40 PM, Temperance said:

26 is not the late-twenties. It's the mid-twenties. 

I'm sure Anna and Jill consider it late twenties. Remember, Jill wanted 10 boys and 5 girls so they could have half and half. ??‍♀️

• Love 7

I am probably in the minority here, but they look like a couple of serial killers getting ready to go on a major crime scene. JD has the creepy stalker type look in my opinion. I know he cannot help the way he looks, but he reminds me of Smuggly Do Wrong and Deredick look wise.

I do not think they are setting their own rules because of one picture. I think JB and Michelle are becoming more loose when it comes to their children's "relationship rules" They may be thinking and acting like everything is sunshine and roses, but once they get married and the newness of the relationship wears off then we probably see the real relationship. To me, all the Duggars couples act like teenagers who just discover dating the opposite sex and thinking they are about to get lucky without realizing what a true marriage and raising a family is really all about. Just like Jinger is suppose to have the best relationship and marriage of the group, but she still acts like a giggly clinging teenage girl with her first crush/boyfriend when it comes to Jeremy.

Edited by bigskygirl
8 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

@frenchtoast, when is JD going to get his own thread? He doesn't look lonely to me!

I’ll start a thread to suggest titles if you want. Oooops , I’ll wait to see what  Frenchtoast says!

Edited by ginger90

I wonder if Abbie and JD have already fooled around. I'm not talking going all the way, but kissing and other stuff. They have a giddy, comfortable intimacy that I haven't seen in any of the Duggar couples, pre-marriage. In other words, they look normal. Riding on an ATV like that, her boobs would be full-on smushed into his back, and neither one seems to be clutching their pearls over physical contact.

• Love 18
10 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I wonder if Abbie and JD have already fooled around. I'm not talking going all the way, but kissing and other stuff. They have a giddy, comfortable intimacy that I haven't seen in any of the Duggar couples, pre-marriage. In other words, they look normal. Riding on an ATV like that, her boobs would be full-on smushed into his back, and neither one seems to be clutching their pearls over physical contact.

I think it comes down to promoting the new couple. People were wondering when and if JD was going to hook up with a girl, Now it has finally happened, and they will be trying to convince the fans and viewers of the show that JD and Abbie have set their own relationship standards because we all know the couples have complete say so in what they can and cannot do.

Edited by bigskygirl
On 8/11/2018 at 3:10 PM, kokapetl said:

The Bed Bath & Beyond registry alone has over 200 items. That seems like a lot. 

She’s an essential oil enthusiast. Glad I won’t be smelling their house. And what the hell ... is this a device for huffing ambi pur!?

https://m.bedbathandbeyond.com/m/product/mypurmist-reg-handheld-steam-inhaler/3286438/

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQELDeaXyn1_ACDV9iKLX-

giphy.gif

I will admit that I own one of these. They are wonderful for people with allergies and sinus issues. I use mine frequently. I don't use the scent packet things, as they would just aggravate me. 

• Love 6
13 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

What a nice normal picture of an engaged couple.  

Question- where does this pose fit into the courting/engaged rules of the previously engaged Duggars? If you remember, Joe had to ask for special permission to hold onto Kendra so she wouldn’t fall while roller skating.

Having asked that, I’m glad to see that Jabbie have set their own rules. I really am. 

I thought I remembered one of the couples saying that courting\engaged couples set their own rules, and it’s just been that so far they have all gone along with what Smugger led with

10 hours ago, MunichNark said:

I can't quite find the video now where they blather on about school and careers, but my goodness, they really did manage to show their unbelievalble ignorance. Not a single one amongst them who actually WANTS to learn for the fun of it. Liking spelling because "it's alright", how sad. You can just study things because you want to know ffs!

Not a single academic one amongst 19 children - one must congratulate Meeechelle and Blob for raising an Army of zombies. No spunk, no spirit, no curiousity, nothing. It's so sad.

They do not want any of their children to be more successful than they are. Or smarter. Or better. 

• Love 20

Wow. That photo is incredibly intimate for and engaged couple of their ilk!  I assume she was in pants on the motorcycle (or whatever it is), with the crotch area right up against him, full front to back smushing, hands gripping the man boobs. Wow!!  Go Jabbie!  This beats the Dullards’ airport frontal hug and BinJessa’s prayer hand-holding by a mile!  And is so much less pathological than the Smuggars handsex!  

• Love 7
38 minutes ago, Angeltoes said:

That's setting a pretty low bar right there,  My cat could climb over that one.

Yep. My cats would leap over it and then lick their butts to indicate their contempt.

Ridiculous to be threatened by your own children. MEchelle and Boob (and many of their spawn) are only about the numbers because jesus. Or something. No desire to actually parent and bring up successful humans.

• Love 8

One of the Duggar boys is courting. A few years ago, the Duggar parents met up with another uptight, large family from the Springfield, IL area. I have connections in Springfield, and apparently a Duggar boy (the source didn't know which one) was at church with one of the Hogan girls. 

ETA: The parents and at least some of the Duggar offspring were there as well. So they're still sticking to the rule of going nowhere without the family, even to church.

Edited by MaryAnneSpier
  • Love 9
16 minutes ago, MaryAnneSpier said:

One of the Duggar boys is courting. A few years ago, the Duggar parents met up with another uptight, large family from the Springfield, IL area. I have connections in Springfield, and apparently a Duggar boy (the source didn't know which one) was at church with one of the Hogan girls. 

ETA: The parents and at least some of the Duggar offspring were there as well. So they're still sticking to the rule of going nowhere without the family, even to church.

It's definitely one of the twins, which is sad because they're not even out of their teens.

• Love 5