Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Given how often she's in Arkansas, I'm starting to wonder. She only got her license a year ago, so I can't imagine she'd have enough seniority at any facility to arrange her schedule aground her relationship.

She probably stopped working once she started courting 

7 hours ago, Fuzzysox said:

Most pictures we have seen of Abbie has her ring finger hidden further adding to the theory that they have been engaged for a while.

As for who is getting engaged next year Pickles speculates it's Jason!? Hmm I don't know perhaps he is ready since he is like Austin flipping houses. Maybe he will snag a nice girl but not Lauren Caldwell I want her to marry the sinner twin! 

Lauren Duggar and another Lauren Duggar . 

7 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

Once again ... there’s a Jason?

There is also a Justin.

6 hours ago, Jenniferbug said:

You're absolutely right! I should have double checked.

JD and Abbie: We Beat the Rapture is my favorite so far!

Wasn't there a title along the lines of JD and Abbie: A different kind of rapture  ?

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Jeeves said:

Nobody's forcing them to accept the TLC money. Not many people get paid to "propose" on camera to the woman they love, or to "accept" on camera a proposal from the man they want to marry. Few people collect an appearance fee for showing up at their own wedding.

They grew up Gothard in big families. They'd probably be lost if left alone. And they are raking in a few thou of TLC bucks every time they turn around. They seem to be doing just fine.

Not arguing just an observation that I think they are being "forced" to accept the TLC money - by Jim Bob.  I have no doubts that Jim Bob firmly holds the non-marrieds in his greedy little headship palm.  And I don't doubt he holds on to the majority of the marrieds too, as much as he can.  Of them all I think he likely has Josh tightly on a leash and that Jeremy is the uncontrolled wildcard almost completely out of JB's grasp and influence.   The single kids may be adults (as in over 18) who would have to sign the filming contract themselves (although I often wonder about that and how JB negotiated it) but I don't doubt that Daddy has told them this is good for the family, it's what God wants and you WILL sign on and participate.  As for the girls like Abby, I think they have varying degrees of backbones but they've all been raised with "headship" pounded into their brains.  It's a trickle down thing, Jim Bob tells his sons "this is good and we have to do it it's our responsibility to broadcast our holy lives" and the boys because of the way they were raised think Dad knows best and is in charge so they agree; then Abby or Lauren or Kendra are told by their future hubbies "this is good for us we have to do it it it's our responsibility to broadcast our holy lives" and the girls because of the way they were raised think men know best he's my future leader and is in charge so they agree.

• Love 2

Abby may have the schooling and license to be an LPN, but has she actually worked at a real healthcare facility with those skills? I haven't seen anything indicating this to me yet. Perhaps she's a stay at home daughter who pursued this as a pass time until she married. No education IMO is lost. It would be a shame if she never had an actual,, real LPN position somewhere. She'd be a run of the mill fundy woman that never was exposed to the real world. I'd like to know what the facts are about this, really.

Hormones are a funny thing. John David has come alive....nothing like those feelings that are stirring up, you know. Even though these two are in their upper 20s, I'm sure they're both emotional adolescents just the same, with absolutely no relationship experience. At least they have had some years to observe others. Hopefully, that has helped and they will be happy together. I think JD is a more laid back guy and seems like he's be a nice husband in their circles. Glad for them. I hope they have an "Abbie" style wedding, not another Duggar social fiasco.

• Love 12

In this era of social media it's the norm to see videos of engagements. Usually it's a couple of buddies or the proposing guy filming with cell phones. JD had his engagement filmed by professionals. It appears he put a lot of thought and effort into the proposal and now he can share it with all.

Filming once made the Duggars a "little different" and now it makes them more mainstream. 

• Love 9
(edited)
21 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

Of course there's a Jason!  We just saw him pictured recently.  You know, for his birthday.  He has a servant's heart and he loves the Lort or Lord.  And they made him a sugary dessert that sent half of us into diabetic comas just reading the ingredients.  Snort!

Oh yeah! The one with the "Servant's Heart!" That’s the one!

Edited by Westiepeach
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, lianau said:

She probably stopped working once she started courting 

Lauren Duggar and another Lauren Duggar . 

There is also a Justin.

Wasn't there a title along the lines of JD and Abbie: A different kind of rapture  ?

Yup, that was mine :)

I didn't bring it up again because so many of the others were so much better!

I'm sorry, but the video is making me roll my eyes. Why do they need to explain courting and engagement. And her giggling is getting on my nerves. Why do they act like a couple of teenagers who are acting like he just ask her to the prom instead of getting engaged. And JD you do not get everything ready, TLC did it for you.

Love the Bachelor Rapture theme!  Whatever it is, it will be fun!  You guys are so creative! 

Jim Bob is probably holding the purse for the entire family, however, the kidults have all benefited., even Jeremy.  JD has his pilot's license and two family planes to fly...does anyone here have a personal plane?  Without TLC, would he have even met Abbie?  

While it would be nice to have a private moment, JDabbie will be ok.  The look so happy.   It's also a beautiful memory for the two of them with sweet pictures.  I'm kinda jealous! 

Anna was less fortunate with her toilet birth, Josie's seizure, the J-boy who fell down the orchestra pit, the tooth extractions not to mention the post Josh sobbing they all did and the Megyn interview etc.  The list is endless! 

• Love 1

If I understand it correctly Abbie's family has known the Duggar clan for a long time. JD supposedly has a plane of his own, but JB brought it for him to fly family members and friends around. Right now JD and Abbie are happy and glowing, but once they are married and getting pressure to start a family and have their new life shown on the show, it may not be all sunshine and roses.

3 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I'm sorry, but the video is making me roll my eyes. Why do they need to explain courting and engagement. And her giggling is getting on my nerves. Why do they act like a couple of teenagers who are acting like he just ask her to the prom instead of getting engaged. And JD you do not get everything ready, TLC did it for you.

Lol, like us heathens have no idea what an engagement signifies. 

• Love 11

Now that JD and Abbie are engaged I'm looking forward to them having their own thread. How fast can this happen? Do we need another pole or just go with She Captured the Bachelor Before The Rapture??

• Love 4

The dude is horny...and in love... Mazel tov!

Abadaba sees him, acknowledges him.

Think the shame of his stupid brother hung heavy on him unlike the rest of the family who are shameless.

He always reminded me of Eeyore....

• Love 15
14 hours ago, floridamom said:

Abby may have the schooling and license to be an LPN, but has she actually worked at a real healthcare facility with those skills? I haven't seen anything indicating this to me yet. Perhaps she's a stay at home daughter who pursued this as a pass time until she married. No education IMO is lost. It would be a shame if she never had an actual,, real LPN position somewhere. She'd be a run of the mill fundy woman that never was exposed to the real world. I'd like to know what the facts are about this, really.

Hormones are a funny thing. John David has come alive....nothing like those feelings that are stirring up, you know. Even though these two are in their upper 20s, I'm sure they're both emotional adolescents just the same, with absolutely no relationship experience. At least they have had some years to observe others. Hopefully, that has helped and they will be happy together. I think JD is a more laid back guy and seems like he's be a nice husband in their circles. Glad for them. I hope they have an "Abbie" style wedding, not another Duggar social fiasco.

Wasn't there something further back in this thread, that I am too lazy to search through, so relying on my admittedly not perfect memory, saying she works in some kind of care facility?

• Love 2

I think the discussion was that she was QUALIFIED to work in such facilities. We've never had confirmation that she ever worked. She probably did....until she started courting. If that's the case, she was in school longer than she was employed.

• Love 4
(edited)

Anybody notice Abbie is wearing a sleeveless dress? And it looks to be at knee length or maybe just above. 

Her family may be Gothardites, but I suspect they're the more pragmatic type of Gothardite. 

Edited by Heathen
  • Love 6

The no dancing thing annoys me.

I’m not even religious, and I know there’s passages in the bible that say things like “let them praise his name with dancing” and “he danced for the lord with all his might”.

Nobody ignores the spirit of the bible more than the fundamentalists who claim to live by it.

• Love 22
17 minutes ago, kalamac said:

The no dancing thing annoys me.

I’m not even religious, and I know there’s passages in the bible that say things like “let them praise his name with dancing” and “he danced for the lord with all his might”.

Nobody ignores the spirit of the bible more than the fundamentalists who claim to live by it.

I believe that the no dancing traces it's roots to the delightful rays of sunshine that were John Knox and later Oliver Cromwell.  Catholics danced so therefore they had to do the opposite.  Who cares what the Bible actually says. 

• Love 15
48 minutes ago, kalamac said:

I belonged to a church that didn't allow dancing except choreographed worship dancing.  The rationale was 1) dancing created arousal and made people want to have sex, and 2) dancing was generally done in venues that served alcohol, which was also verboten.

• Love 5
30 minutes ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

Oh man, the Duggars are gonna blow a gasket!  I can see it now, JB making lame  excuses for not dancing with Michelle, Jessa letting Spurgie “jump for joy” or whatever the hell she said, Jana with her perpetual stank face (because despite her popularity on some forums, I think she’s a condescending bitch), and Josie twirling joyfully and recklessly all over the floor.  Oh, and Deredick scolding Izzy for wanting to join in the fun.  Please TLC, make this happen.  That’s an episode I would watch.  

Maybe if he ignores the music and pretends they are playing mini-golf it will be OK...

• Love 23
(edited)

I can’t see the pictures. Is anyone else having the same problem?

UGH, I can on my laptop not my phone, weird. I really hope that the father-daughter dance and first dance are very important to Abbie's family. Because it is going to be so much freaking fun watching the expression on the sanctimonious Duggar faces. JD is going to go all Footloose. 

Edited by SMama
  • Love 12

I hope Abbie and JD get the wedding and reception that THEY want.  I'm hoping they understand they have some leverage.  Threaten not to allow TLC to film if their wishes are not taken into consideration.  People are more interested in this wedding than if one of the younger J Slaves were to get married. 

• Love 17

Regarding dancing at the reception, please, pleasssse let John & Abbie do the Dirty Dancing move where she runs into his arms and he lifts her over his head.

I would watch the hell out of that wedding episode.

• Love 22