Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

On 2/18/2021 at 11:38 AM, rue721 said:

These people have such twisted values, who the hell knows. According to them, drinking a beer is appalling, but repeatedly sexually assaulting children “happens in most families.”

Austin could have been murdering puppies for shits and giggles while he was “rebelling,” but what would have shocked JB & Co is if he drank a shot afterwards, or skipped church that week to do it, and so that’s the part we’d hear about.

I think he could have gotten up to awful stuff or he could have been doing stuff considered perfectly normal or even healthy in the mainstream — or both, honestly. Just impossible to know.

The point is mostly that he did feel the need/desire to go “off script” and rebel, and then came back as the prodigal son. Who knows whether what he actually did when he went off the cult’s script was a big deal or not within a mainstream perspective, but it was apparently a big deal to him and within his little world. 

Recall that back before Josh's offenses became public, a lot of us speculated that his 'sin in the camp' meant he'd been caught making out  with another teen.  Because in Duggar world, that is even worse than fondling one's sisters.

38 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Recall that back before Josh's offenses became public, a lot of us speculated that his 'sin in the camp' meant he'd been caught making out  with another teen.  Because in Duggar world, that is even worse than fondling one's sisters.

Or been caught masterbating

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Joys hair is way too dark for her complexion, it completely washes her out and she looks anemic.

25 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

And she is still lying and saying she didn’t color it. 

I was gonna say that. Didn't she claim when she got those horrific bangs that she didn't dye her hair because that looks like dyed hair. 

• Love 4

image.png.83e9aa8066ddbb4a38a3be4eeaaca083.png

What I see in this picture is two people who are relaxed and content with life and each other (at least at that particular moment).  John David and Abbie seem that way to me as well in their pictures. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, floridamom said:

In that photo posted above, Joy's hair is not wet....it is quite dry. She did, indeed, IMO color it. What a liar she can be.

And for what. It’s so true, but why does she bother lying about little things like this. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, awaken said:

And for what. It’s so true, but why does she bother lying about little things like this. 

That's what I'm trying to figure out... 

Why not just say that she wanted to try out a different color to see if she'd like it?

I couldn't care less if she dyes her hair or decided to experiment with a darker color or any color for that matter.... Why on earth lie about it?

When I was Joys age I tried different colors so did my sisters and friends and we'd laugh about it if the color was awful or not what we expected... Lying about it makes it seem kind of creepy.

Edited by Joan of Argh
Spelling
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, Joan of Argh said:

That's what I'm trying to figure out... 

Why not just say that she wanted to try out a different color to see if she'd like it?

I couldn't care less if she dyes her hair or decided to experiment with a darker color or any color for that matter.... Why on earth lie about it?

When I was Joys age I tried different colors so did my sisters and friends and we'd laugh about it if the color was awful or not what we expected... Lying about it makes it seem kind of creepy.

Yeah, I don't get it either. Who cares if you color your hair or not? And I may be remembering it wrong, but I feel like Joy was pretty adamant that she didn't color it when someone commented on her new bangs. It went from light brown to almost black--natural hair can change color depending on the lighting, but it doesn't change that drastically. And now it's kind of a flat black, like a bad box color. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, BigBingerBro said:

I mean she could be telling the truth and she has the kind of hair that gets sun-bleached in the warmer months and if cut in winter looks much darker.  But it sure looks dyed to me!

I have that kind of hair naturally. My winter hair is about as dark as Joy's is now, but my summer hair still looks a lot darker than Joy's normal. So, yeah, I suspect it's dyed. Just in general, I don't really think any of the Duggars have what I would consider naturally very dark hair. 

• Love 5

Yeah, Jessa's hair is probably the darkest, followed by Jeremiah and James. I'd put Joy's normal hair on the next tier with Jill and Smuggar. 

I think Joy colored her hair after seeing Jana darken hers. I thought Jana's look washed her out as well.

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Love 9
7 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Apparently Joy liked a fan post criticizing Jill for airing the family's dirty laundry. Gold star for everyone who pegged Joy as one of the disapproving siblings:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-9287885/Joy-Anna-Duggar-likes-fan-Instagram-post-saying-Jills-burning-bridges-not-Christian.html

Not surprised. I've noticed that Joy no longer seems to "like" any of Jill's posts anymore. Jessa, Jana, and Jinger (and Anna) all still interact with Jill on social media but Joy does not.

• Useful 5
  • Love 7

Joy says hey Jill how dare you take the money - oh wait, we got our house free shifted though grandma mary and the duggar family property/trust LLC .....

but let me judge you anyway

Edited by crazy8s
  • LOL 2
  • Love 19

Totally pegged Joy as the disapprover and Jana as the "doesn't give a crap" one, despite others saying she would be the hard liner. I think Joy and Austin are likely the most "Husband's way goes no matter what" couple, and Austin seems extremely intolerant. 

• Love 17
1 minute ago, Tasya said:

Totally pegged Joy as the disapprover and Jana as the "doesn't give a crap" one, despite others saying she would be the hard liner. I think Joy and Austin are likely the most "Husband's way goes no matter what" couple, and Austin seems extremely intolerant. 

I think the older J-slaves are the ones who don't give a crap what Jill does as long as she's happy. I think no matter what happens they'll always have the bond of being 13 and charged with changing a million diapers and doing 20 loads of laundry. They probably have a somewhat cynical view of what being a Duggar really means. They might not leave the fundie life but they know it's not just never-ending amazingness.

• Useful 2
  • Love 16

Joy did an Insta-story last night. Today Gideon turns 3(Happy Birthday Gideon!). Unlike her sister, she was actually wrapping his present and she had balloons on the ceiling. No gifts every day of the week leading up to his birthday.

• Love 15

I wonder if some of the fuel behind Joy's disapproval is grief about losing Jill?   Could be that Jill's marriage, leaving home and then being out of the country for periods of time hit Joy at a certain point of development and she's never truly dealt with it.   This type of fracture in a relationship is not unusual in divorce cases, and in my experience frequently hits teen boys particularly hard, often leading to lots of problematic acting out.

Those kinds of wounds fester, and we know Joy wouldn't have gotten any assistance or even attention in the wake of Jill's moving out -- unless you count added household duties, which never held Joy's interest in the first place.   

• Love 11

Joy is reacting similarly to how Michelle acted after she had a miscarriage/was told by the doctor it was because of evil birth control. Michelle went all out Gothard at that point, perhaps to make up for her perceived “sin.” I think Joy is doing the same after her stillbirth (apologies, I can’t remember the baby’s name), doubling down on ridged adherence to Gothardism. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 8
14 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

Joy is reacting similarly to how Michelle acted after she had a miscarriage/was told by the doctor it was because of evil birth control. Michelle went all out Gothard at that point, perhaps to make up for her perceived “sin.” I think Joy is doing the same after her stillbirth (apologies, I can’t remember the baby’s name), doubling down on ridged adherence to Gothardism. 

Annabelle like the evil doll in the movies 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Annabelle like the evil doll in the movies 

That's all I think of when I hear that name.

With regards to Joy, she's firmly entrenched in the cult mentality. If you're not one of them, you're against them. I think Proud Boy Austin's had a heavy hand in influencing this.  

• Love 19
5 hours ago, BitterApple said:

That's all I think of when I hear that name.

With regards to Joy, she's firmly entrenched in the cult mentality. If you're not one of them, you're against them. I think Proud Boy Austin's had a heavy hand in influencing this.  

I agree. Joy doesn't seem very bright and I think she just follows what Austin wants/thinks. I think Austin just become more radical because of the political situation in the U.S.

• Useful 1
  • Love 18

How has Joy come off as more conservative than anyone else in their family? I mean, I get how she is more conservative than Jill and Amy, but that's about it. I think the rest of them (at least the adult children) are just as conservative as Joy.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, madpsych78 said:

How has Joy come off as more conservative than anyone else in their family? I mean, I get how she is more conservative than Jill and Amy, but that's about it. I think the rest of them (at least the adult children) are just as conservative as Joy.

Well her extremely conservative siblings say she's the most conservative. So ... that says a lot about how conservative she is.

• Love 16

The roads are empty because everyone's staying in due to ice, so that means pack up your little kids for a two and a half hour road trip?!?!    ETA  RV's are known for being nimble vehicles in dicey road conditions.   Said no one ever!

The list of things that come to mind when I think, what are the worst things to buy used would be small.   So far the things I'd rank as worst to a used RV would be used underwear or a used portapotty.   

Edited by Tikichick
  • LOL 7
  • Love 4