Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

15 hours ago, Growsonwalls said:

I think Kendra might also be one of those women that takes to home-making really well. Some women ARE naturals at it. They're great cooks, great decorators, great moms, and they approach the job with so much efficiency. I think you're onto something in that Joy's trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. She feels like she SHOULD be enjoying popping out kids and staying at home. And if she's having a bad day, it's nothing some prayer can't fix.

I also think that Joy and Austin are too inert and don't have the self-awareness to realize that maybe a small family is enough.

I do hope Kendra is genuinely happy doing what she's doing, because she's got a long future of the same ahead of her.  Yes, she's young, but I don't see any realistic way for her to suddenly change course, jump into a career, or an education that leads to a career.   That's not criticism of her or anyone else if they're happiest devoting their energies to home and family and if they choose to use their gifts that way, merely an acknowledgment of the likely consequences of the life choices that have already been made.  

I also think she's the type of person who's never considered any other option other than the one held up for her by her parents.   If asked my guess is she would truthfully say she would be happy for a future living as she's grown up in the Caldwell family.

Unfortunately I think she is onboard a baby train that's running at a speed set to eclipse her parents, possibly approaching her in-laws.   My suspicion is both speeds are too high for someone of her generation, let alone someone who has no education or skills to provide herself much in the way of basic support, let alone several children.  Nor is she married to someone with education or skills likely to provide much more than she can, especially when you consider there are presumably a lot of track ahead of them in terms of years.  

I have extreme doubts this lifestyle will work out long term for any of the Duggar siblings who continue down this uneducated, self "employed" path in houses with children stacked like cordwood. 

• Love 10
5 hours ago, Tikichick said:

I do hope Kendra is genuinely happy doing what she's doing, because she's got a long future of the same ahead of her.  Yes, she's young, but I don't see any realistic way for her to suddenly change course, jump into a career, or an education that leads to a career.   That's not criticism of her or anyone else if they're happiest devoting their energies to home and family and if they choose to use their gifts that way, merely an acknowledgment of the likely consequences of the life choices that have already been made.  

I also think she's the type of person who's never considered any other option other than the one held up for her by her parents.   If asked my guess is she would truthfully say she would be happy for a future living as she's grown up in the Caldwell family.

Unfortunately I think she is onboard a baby train that's running at a speed set to eclipse her parents, possibly approaching her in-laws.   My suspicion is both speeds are too high for someone of her generation, let alone someone who has no education or skills to provide herself much in the way of basic support, let alone several children.  Nor is she married to someone with education or skills likely to provide much more than she can, especially when you consider there are presumably a lot of track ahead of them in terms of years.  

I have extreme doubts this lifestyle will work out long term for any of the Duggar siblings who continue down this uneducated, self "employed" path in houses with children stacked like cordwood. 

Kendra ( like many second generation fundies) are so, so trapped in this life. I do hope she enjoys it too, because she's stuck. Especially being married to an inept duggar male. Unlike her parents, or Boob and Mechelle, she has no frame of reference for normal. They will be the most screwed ( right up there with Josh and Anna) when the Duggar money stops rolling in because they will have the most children, and the least life experience. At least Josh knows that if it ever got bad enough, a tell all book/media tour ect would get him enough to get by. I'd read it if it was a true honest account. 

There will be hope for Joy and Austin to slow down the baby train though- I don't see Austin really aggressively pursuing 10+ children the way Boob did. I think he has enough sense to have a year or two of bad headaches. Boob and Mechelle went out of their way to have that many children- they never were leaving it up to God. I am sure there were many times that neither of them wanted to do the deed but it was the right timing for a blessing so they went on with it.  I think if they actually just had a natural relationship to childrearing and sex ( also unprotected) they would have had less children because who on earth is having that much sex with 4 under 5 or whatever

IDK if Kendra and Joe are going out of the way to get pregnant immediately like Michelle, time will tell I think if the baby train continues as rapidly as it has been.

• Love 7

Boob and Mechelle went out of their way to have that many children- they never were leaving it up to God. I am sure there were many times that neither of them wanted to do the deed but it was the right timing for a blessing so they went on with it.  I think if they actually just had a natural relationship to childrearing and sex ( also unprotected) they would have had less children because who on earth is having that much sex with 4 under 5 or whatever

There was an episode a ways back where Michelle was talking about how she talks to her daughters about sex and their wedding night. She basically flat out said that sex doesn't take long and you get a baby out of it. That's all she had to say about it. Jim Bob must be amazing in bed. Not.

• LOL 20
29 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

There was an episode a ways back where Michelle was talking about how she talks to her daughters about sex and their wedding night. She basically flat out said that sex doesn't take long and you get a baby out of it. That's all she had to say about it. Jim Bob must be amazing in bed. Not.

And he got bad breath 

Maybe being single isn’t that bad 🤣

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
57 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

He's probably what we called a "2 pump chump" or a "Minute man". 😂😂

• LOL 16

Joy looks awful and she definitely hasn't bounced back from Evy's birth. She's gained weight, has a noticeable pooch (enough that it actually looks like she's expecting again) and just looks worn down. I wonder if this will slow the baby train down, because her husband won't be too happy if her looks fall off so soon 🙄

1 hour ago, Kellyee said:

"Just lie back and think of England." It's really sad that these young women are basically given that advice in regards to sex. It's supposed to be one of the most sacred, special things in your life that you wait for to share with only your husband, and even then it's sold as a two-minute long obligation to get through. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

8 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

24k61lflv6e61.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

Aww that’s cute. My mom gave me sips of wine when I was like 5-6. And definitely sips of coffee. It felt forbidden 🤣🤣🤣

sort of like the first cigarette as a teen!

Edited by iwantcookies
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 1/28/2021 at 11:41 AM, Kellyee said:

As for the skirts, I thought she was the family tomboy? She should just give in and wear jeans. Jeans are totally modest.

Not to the Duggars. Only men wear pants or jeans. Jeans and pants on a woman draw attention to the crotch of the woman. Which might stir urges that can't be righteously fulfilled. Or some shit. 

Edited by QuinnInND
3 hours ago, Kellyee said:

The thing is, it often does take a long time, even a very long time, for an inexperienced virgin to become aroused in order to have sex.  Let alone the time it can take to climax.  A two pump chump reminds me of that horrible first time sex scene in that movie about Orthodox Jews.

M and JB spouting off about fitting the Legos and it doesn't take much time is really disgusting.

• LOL 4
15 minutes ago, louannems said:

The thing is, it often does take a long time, even a very long time, for an inexperienced virgin to become aroused in order to have sex.  Let alone the time it can take to climax.  A two pump chump reminds me of that horrible first time sex scene in that movie about Orthodox Jews.

M and JB spouting off about fitting the Legos and it doesn't take much time is really disgusting.

True, but I had quite a few customers who were just that. Lol. Took 2 minutes.  Young guys with little experience. Almost climaxed before they got it in.  JimBlob probably isn't big on long sex sessions. 

• Love 8
35 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

True, but I had quite a few customers who were just that. Lol. Took 2 minutes.  Young guys with little experience. Almost climaxed before they got it in.  JimBlob probably isn't big on long sex sessions. 

I can't speak for the Duggars but I have a friend from a very religious Duggar type family and she told me that a woman enjoying sex beyond just being sweet and happy for hubbys pleasure was considered "dirty" and "a slut" it was preferential for the women to remain naive and receptive to hubbys instruction.

So not only do they have to lay there and be porked by a pig like Jim Boob but they have to praise his manliness, be sweet and ask if they did everything properly.

*GAG* PUKE!! **BARF!!!!**

• LOL 2
12 minutes ago, Dustbunny said:

I can't speak for the Duggars but I have a friend from a very religious Duggar type family and she told me that a woman enjoying sex beyond just being sweet and happy for hubbys pleasure was considered "dirty" and "a slut" it was preferential for the women to remain naive and receptive to hubbys instruction.

So not only do they have to lay there and be porked by a pig like Jim Boob but they have to praise his manliness, be sweet and ask if they did everything properly.

*GAG* PUKE!! **BARF!!!!**

Ewwwwwwwww. 🤢🤢🤢 

• Love 8
10 hours ago, Tasya said:

Joy looks awful and she definitely hasn't bounced back from Evy's birth. She's gained weight, has a noticeable pooch (enough that it actually looks like she's expecting again) and just looks worn down. I wonder if this will slow the baby train down, because her husband won't be too happy if her looks fall off so soon 🙄

Maybe she's still feeling the effects of covid?

• Useful 1
On 1/28/2021 at 12:41 PM, Kellyee said:

All of Carlin's pictures always look very staged, like she's posing in the Target magazine. And it's just my opinion, but I think Joy looked better as a blonde. Her skin is very pale and she doesn't wear much makeup, so the darker hair just makes her look a bit sickly in the complexion. 

As for the skirts, I thought she was the family tomboy? She should just give in and wear jeans. Jeans are totally modest.

She does have pants on at Carlin’s house. There is/was a short video showing Joy picking up Carlin’s baby and in it she is wearing dark pants.

• Useful 4
18 hours ago, yogi2014L said:

IDK if Kendra and Joe are going out of the way to get pregnant immediately like Michelle, time will tell I think if the baby train continues as rapidly as it has been.

taking my reply to the Joe&Kendra thread. 

19 hours ago, QuinnInND said:

Not to the Duggars. Only men wear pants or jeans. Jeans and pants on a woman draw attention to the crotch of the woman. Which might stir urges that can't be righteously fulfilled. Or some shit. 

Like women don’t look at men’s crotches. I had a boss once who after work would go to the gym. He didn’t wear underwear. All the ladies noticed that lol.

• LOL 7
12 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Like women don’t look at men’s crotches. I had a boss once who after work would go to the gym. He didn’t wear underwear. All the ladies noticed that lol.

A decent God fearing Fundie woman would never do that! 😂 

• LOL 19
56 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

They should watch some old Led Zeppelin concert footage 😆.

Remember Tom Jones?  A friend of mine went to one of his concerts many years back, and her husband was clearly jealous.  He said it was obviously a sock or two in that area!

• LOL 13
6 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Remember Tom Jones?  A friend of mine went to one of his concerts many years back, and her husband was clearly jealous.  He said it was obviously a sock or two in that area!

My mother dragged me to a Tom Jones show when I was about 15. It was hilarious watching middle aged women throwing various lingerie on the stage. 😂

• LOL 12

Yeah, I like her with bangs...just not THOSE bangs.

But I walked around for a solid year or two with homecut bangs at around her age and thought I looked awesome. Seeing these pictures of Joy, I'm starting to wonder what my hair actually looked like... 🙃

• LOL 15

Joy, (or Jessa) in case you read here - wet your bangs, comb them straight up and trim them while they're up. That way when they fall, there'll be ever so slight feathering. Also, cut less hair next time. You're starting way too far back. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 13
17 hours ago, Growsonwalls said:

Joy is watching old episodes of 19 and Counting. I don't even know what to say to that. Come on Joy at least fire up some Disney Plus movies or something. 

She's showing Giddy and Evie how crazy their family is.  Or maybe she's leading up to her love story with Austin. 

I miss tomboy Joy. This reincarnated ditzy mommy-vlogger is so robotic.

Evy is getting much cuter now that she's filling out.

And of course Carlin wants you to keep those bangs, Joy. You'd be a hundred times prettier than her if you ever got your style together.

tenor.gif

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 23
42 minutes ago, NotthebadVictoria said:

Anyone want to take one for the team and give the cliffnotes?

No need for notes; it was boring. Very typical questions, like fav foods, when did she date Austin, how is it w/2 kids, etc.  And no surprise—she wants more kids!

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

There was a short clip on Facebook from the wedding Austin, along with Jer and Jed, was a groomsman. It showed them walking back up the aisle after the ceremony. I was waiting for Joy to jump out and grab Austin away from the bridesmaids ala Joshie back at maybe Jill’s wedding. There appeared to be a dozen or so attendants but no Duggar girls. Clip wasn’t long enough to spot if there were any Duggars in attendance, looked like people were seated at tables. And not a mask in sight.

• Useful 4
  • Love 1