Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

Seems like he was at UTC mall which is right off I-75 in Sarasota. Hope he enjoyed all the Florida spring break traffic, lol. Another reason we stay home.

His nostrils should be vacuuming up all the coved variants Florida is famous for.

• LOL 11
  • Love 1

¸Argh, I so hate the "making memories". We make memories every second

Those girls are grown, it makes me so sad that their future is "husband, God and babies". After the whole childhood of babies and children

• Love 14
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

C07EC4BD-53A3-492E-A40D-739B0DFB0551.jpeg

1572880A-9C57-474A-B47D-900737B2C6E5.jpeg

Somewhere Jessa is confused and intensely viewing photo number one again and again and reading the caption.    She's pretty convinced Joy attached the caption to the wrong photo and is no doubt ready to send her sister a snarky message informing her of her error.  

• LOL 6
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Snow Fairy said:

¸Argh, I so hate the "making memories". We make memories every second

Those girls are grown, it makes me so sad that their future is "husband, God and babies". After the whole childhood of babies and children

I agree -- and it's totally fake. Joy isn't a great housekeeper, and by Duggar standards, her house is immaculate in that photo.

Perhaps I'm reading too much into it (I'm not), but all of these sorts of posts are an expression of how much better they think they are than everyone else. They do this about everything in the same faux-innocent, aw-shucks, "we just do things a little differently" way. "We don't over-stress about every little thing being perfect because we take time to enjoy our families!" [Unlike you godless freaks who use birth control, and work outside the home!].

They also beat their children if they crawl off a blanket. So, while their lackadaisical approach to work might provide them with more free time to interact with their children, I doubt that's a net positive.

• Love 16
2 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

bcdwefde81p61.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

I wonder how old this picture is? Her hair looks lighter and the heavy bangs are missing (although they could be pushed back). It also looks like she has some kind of anime filter going on to make her eyes bigger. 

• Love 4
On 3/23/2021 at 3:55 PM, crazy8s said:

Not sure if this belongs here or the sweet friends page but the Fort Rock 9th Annual Spring Marriage Retreat/ Super spreader event is this weekend. march 26-28th. Sold out.

Same weekend as Jill Rod overflowing ladies retreat 🤣🤣🤣. How to choose which one to attend. 

• LOL 10
8 hours ago, emma675 said:

I wonder how old this picture is? Her hair looks lighter and the heavy bangs are missing (although they could be pushed back). It also looks like she has some kind of anime filter going on to make her eyes bigger. 

Its recent. Her bangs are clipped back. I just watched the IG story - the screenshot captured her at a wide-eyed moment.

She needs to tone down the eyeliner.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Its recent. Her bangs are clipped back. I just watched the IG story - the screenshot captured her at a wide-eyed moment.

She needs to tone down the eyeliner.

I think she has to have the eyeliner thick because it's magnetic. That's what holds the lashes on.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Westiepeach said:

I think she has to have the eyeliner thick because it's magnetic. That's what holds the lashes on.

Well now you've sold me!    Not.

Sorry @Westiepeach, hope I'm not stepping on your dreams of becoming an influencer with my negative vibes.

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Westiepeach said:

Yes, but some of my staff have worn these. They aren't as heavy handed with the magnetic tar eyeliner.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 10
5 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

This looks nothing like her.

4EA53596-EC43-423F-8018-17C8E98FCABD.jpeg

The baby doesn't look like herself either.   I've asked about filters on photos before, and I think they were Joy's photos.  Before it was just the skin that looked unnatural, now it's faces and skin.

10 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

That doll was clearly just placed there for the photo.  The baby isn't even mildly interested.

Odd flex coming from Joy, who no doubt spent much of her formative years trying to shrug off the expectations that she wanted to like "girl" stuff, when she was all about tearing it up like her brothers were doing.

Edited by Tikichick
  • Love 10

I was just reading about Austin's half siblings. His sister who was Joy's doula for Evie, married when she was 5 months pregnant and is now expecting her 6th child. Her 4 child's name is Allove. His brother and wife just had their 5th child in 2019.

Does anyone know if they are they Fundy?

1 hour ago, awaken said:

What was wrong with the baby?  I won’t watch their videos. 

They thought her head plates were fusing too quickly,  causing an odd lump on Evy's head.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

I’m all for equal parenting, as SBaba has managed to make all of SGirl’s medical/dental/eye appointments. Curious as to why Joy remained in the car. Was it to film the appointment for YouTube? There had to be a third phone filming their FaceTime. It really would have never occurred to me to do that.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, SMama said:

I’m all for equal parenting, as SBaba has managed to make all of SGirl’s medical/dental/eye appointments. Curious as to why Joy remained in the car. Was it to film the appointment for YouTube? There had to be a third phone filming their FaceTime. It really would have never occurred to me to do that.

I'm thinking two reasons. One, filming. Two, Joy is dumb. Austin probably didn't trust her to understand the doctor's words and relay the info back to him.

• Useful 2
  • Love 13
15 minutes ago, SMama said:

Curious as to why Joy remained in the car.

It's possible only 1 parent was allowed inside with Evy. That's the case in my province, because of Covid.

Baby Ponga was born with a misshapen skull, and we had to wait until a CT scan when he was 6 months old to determine whether it was positional plagiocephaly or craniosynostosis. Fortunately it was the former, and his head evened itself out. Although he is now 18 and his nose still has a dent in it.

• Useful 4
  • Love 7
36 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

It's possible only 1 parent was allowed inside with Evy. That's the case in my province, because of Covid.

Baby Ponga was born with a misshapen skull, and we had to wait until a CT scan when he was 6 months old to determine whether it was positional plagiocephaly or craniosynostosis. Fortunately it was the former, and his head evened itself out. Although he is now 18 and his nose still has a dent in it.

My son is a cranio baby. He was diagnosed at one month with a CT confirmed diagnosis at three months. (Though, looking back, his skull had fused in utero).  It’s frightening, especially if you Google the surgery types. While it’s completely correctable, I’m glad Evy (and Joy and Austin) don’t have to go through that. Handing your baby off to a surgeon is a scary moment. 

• Love 15

I believe it was stated that the doctor gave Austin information pending an official radiology report. As happens, they embraced the good news at the time, IMO.

Austin asked the doctor if it was ok to FaceTime with his wife during the appointment.  I wonder if they got permission to post it to YouTube.

Edited by ginger90
  • Useful 6

I'm glad the baby is doing well so far, although I believe the doctor said she would still be monitored over the next year or so.   I absolutely believe Austin wanted to make darn sure he got the information straight from the horse's mouth and wanted to be able to ask questions himself if necessary.   Once again I am encouraged about how he has no hesitation whatsoever to openly express his love for his children, that is a good thing for any child.  

Clearly Gideon is going through some phases right now and has no intention whatsoever of giving an inch as far as getting most of his parents' attention.   It is nice that Joy made the point to take the kids over when the cement truck would be there to give especially Gideon some outlet.   Hopefully he doesn't fall into the same trap as Jessa's boys are in.   He is going to require more than just the occasional cement truck viewing, Joy, as will your daughter.

What she needs to be a bigger priority is talking with Gideon (and Evy) and making him talk back to her, working on his pronunciation, which almost seems as if it's backsliding.   She needs to be singing with him, talking with him, and really working on breaking the thumb sucking habit that is probably a significant barrier to his pronunciation at this point.   Maybe it's just me, but it almost seems as if he's constantly multi tasking, so he never fully engages with people who are speaking to him.   He has an idea of whatever his immediate goal is, such what he wants to play with -- and then it constantly seems as if he's trying to rush what he's doing so he can free his hand to put his thumb in his mouth.   Watching him in the video I almost always felt that he was always hurrying everything along so that he could situate to put the thumb back in his mouth.  He had an agenda when he got to his grandparents' house and it was clear he wanted their attention and that they dote on him, but yet he didn't really fully pause to respond back to them in his hurry to go play with the toys at their house while sucking his thumb.    He needs some serious one on one time on a daily basis to improve the speech and constant monitoring to work on the thumb habit.   I'm sure professional speech intervention will be necessary, but even so it's going to require a lot of supportive work from mom and dad.        

• Love 17

Aren't a number of these MLM types shilling these magnetic eyelashes?  If I was good at this stuff I would post side by sides to see "who wore it best."  I do have a feeling that Sister Wife Meri would probably win the prize~

• LOL 2
  • Love 2