Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

Maybe a little Josiah in the eyes? 

She’s missing the early days of marriage without kids. She helped on his jobs, went everywhere, and enjoyed a free life out of the house. Now she’s stuck at home with her own kids. 

Edited by EmeraldGirl
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
On 2/7/2021 at 8:43 AM, BigBingerBro said:

abz3xuswwyf61.jpg

How old is this little one?   I've either lost track or have gotten so decrepit I've lost perspective on what age is appropriate to handle a food like this without it being a choking hazard.

1 hour ago, Tikichick said:

How old is this little one?   I've either lost track or have gotten so decrepit I've lost perspective on what age is appropriate to handle a food like this without it being a choking hazard.

She was born August 21.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Tikichick said:

She is pretty small to be given a whole pickle to eat by herself, at least Joy is standing nearby with a camera.  A kid her age should probably only be given tiny pieces that she can swallow with minimal chewing.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Tikichick said:

Hopefully Joy is standing right there!  But speaking of choking, I keep thinking of a recent video Joy made.  Joy was talking and the baby woke up so Joy brought her out and placed her on her tummy on a blanket.  The blanket was scattered with toys, including a very tiny felt doll.  It looked to be about one inch by two inches.  I thought it was way too tiny of a toy for a baby.

• Love 6
33 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

She is pretty small to be given a whole pickle to eat by herself, at least Joy is standing nearby with a camera.  A kid her age should probably only be given tiny pieces that she can swallow with minimal chewing.

That's what I thought.   At almost six months she might have some teeth, enough to bite off a sizable enough chunk she could then choke on.   Both of mine would have been able to do so by that age.   Maybe she doesn't have any teeth in yet and she can gum on the pickle safely.     

• Love 1
2 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

vsa16cxfrxg61.jpg

good lord - austin trying on coats is a date night?? WTH - Joy call Jill, have her send you the book or app for car date night (PS you can bring the kids along if Gideon gets a Happy Meal)

• LOL 19
  • Love 2
On 2/8/2021 at 5:45 AM, EmeraldGirl said:

Maybe a little Josiah in the eyes? 

She’s missing the early days of marriage without kids. She helped on his jobs, went everywhere, and enjoyed a free life out of the house. Now she’s stuck at home with her own kids. 

But she only did that for 9 months seeing as she got knocked up on her honeymoon. Anyway if Joy enjoys being outside more and helping Austin on jobs then she’ll have to have less kids and if she doesn’t want to use contraception she should do some natural family planning not foolproof but I hope she tries it at least, plus I can’t see Austin wanting loads of kids tbh. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, louannems said:

Hopefully Joy is standing right there!  But speaking of choking, I keep thinking of a recent video Joy made.  Joy was talking and the baby woke up so Joy brought her out and placed her on her tummy on a blanket.  The blanket was scattered with toys, including a very tiny felt doll.  It looked to be about one inch by two inches.  I thought it was way too tiny of a toy for a baby.

What got me about that was, Joy stayed  in the same position to film. After the baby was placed on the floor, Joy’s back was to her. 

• Love 3
32 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DuggarsSnark/comments/lj0rx2/joys_story_got_both_austin_getting_sassy_about/

Ooooh, snap! Just saw this on Reddit. Instastory from Joy. She and Austin are on a hunting trip, filming in their hotel lobby. In the background a lady, clearly annoyed, asks very pointedly, "Do y'all have masks?." Austin starts to reply and then Joy cuts it off. I love that somebody finally called these idiots out!

I saw that. And what do you want to bet that Joy is hunting in those jean skirts and bare legs in the freezing cold. Idiots. 

Arkansas has a mask mandate. They can't even use the "we don't have a mask mandate" excuse.

• Useful 2
  • Love 9

so they are off hunting which explains the "date night" at Cabelas/Basspro. he is probably again with BuckVentures on one of their hunts. Austin has a pic on their page posed with shooting something on the "ranch" a while back. also JB and  some of the other male duggars are connected to that as well. . Buckventures has the Woodsmen TV show on The Sportsman Channel.  Jason has been seen wearing a shirt from the Woodsmen. "shoot by sight, walk by faith" is their motto.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Growsonwalls said:

I saw that. And what do you want to bet that Joy is hunting in those jean skirts and bare legs in the freezing cold. Idiots. 

Arkansas has a mask mandate. They can't even use the "we don't have a mask mandate" excuse.

And Arkansas is quite a bit above the national average for Covid cases and deaths!

• Love 2
2 hours ago, luvbadtv said:

She even said she was not excited about it, but then changed her statement to say she was.

Judging by her Q&A, Joy is not happy with her life, but chooses to pretend to be Happy, and prays to be happy. Like the old “pray away the gay” this girl is trying to force herself to enjoy her life but she doesn’t like it. No doubt she loves her kids, but it’s not the sunshine and rainbow farts she was promised.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

Joy and Austin are like a lot of young fundie couples that find out that after the limerence/honeymoon stage is over that you're in a house with crying infants and very little life experiences or skillsets to navigate life. In a few years I bet they'll have the same dead eyes and grim smiles as Jessa and Ben. 

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Growsonwalls said:

If you look in the reddit thread there's someone who claims to work at the hotel who said they didn't tip and left the room a mess.

Par for the course for Duggars 🙄

• Love 2

I don't think every young couple with kids are miserable. I was a stay at home parent for ten years. For the first five years, I had no future plans to return to work. I loved it, for the most part.

Joy seems to have a fairly good balance of mom life and married life. They take time as a couple. She sees her family. The kids see their cousins. I see her as quite happy actually.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Joy and what's his name are a young, uneducated couple with little to no life experience. Other than that I'm sure they are fine. Joy has "child-raising experience", aka keeping a child busy to stay out of their mother's hair but that's it, she was the babysitter with long hours ( can't remember if she ever had a buddy). Emotionally they are 16 and haven't had any parental guidance but I'm sure they will make a successful go of marriage, as fundies go. Especially since divorce is denied to them. Not my idea of a good marriage but I'm not fundie either.

Their parents planned this life out for them sadly.

• Love 17
15 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I don't think every young couple with kids are miserable. I was a stay at home parent for ten years. For the first five years, I had no future plans to return to work. I loved it, for the most part.

Joy seems to have a fairly good balance of mom life and married life. They take time as a couple. She sees her family. The kids see their cousins. I see her as quite happy actually.

The way she speaks about is why I think differently. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 2/14/2021 at 7:17 AM, Chicklet said:

Their parents planned this life out for them sadly.

Ah, but did they really?   Not familiar with Austin's family, but as far as Joy's parents go IMO JB and Michelle decide what suits them, when and how it suits them and the kids were simply the window dressing until they became the means to provide JB with a larger lifestyle.  (No pun intended.)

• Love 1

What?? She thought when she was only 15 that she couldn't imagine life without Austin?

Doesn't that mean she gave away pieces of her heart in violation of the Duggars' fundie courting purity system?

TBH I can't be bothered to keep track of their bullsh*t strange rules, so I may have this wrong. But I hope Joy didn't confess her tremendous sin to anyone lest she be considered a chewed-up piece of gum or a wrecked bicycle or whatever it was Michelle said you'd be if you dared think anything but pure thoughts or GOD FORBID held hands with a member of the opposite sex. 

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Growsonwalls said:

I can finish these pictures for Joy.

1. 2022, ___ is born.

2. 2023, ___ is born.

3. 2024, ___ is born.

And so on.

I don't know.  Joy might be used to a huge family,  but Austin definitely isn't.  They might have a largish family,  but I doubt they'll come anywhere close to the size of Joy's family.  Joe and Kendra on the other hand......

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

I don't think it qualifies as cultural appropriation. It's more that it's a word considered to be derogatory. Also, a white kid should not be referred as someone from that part of the world.

I agree, cultural appropriation would be sending Giddie out to play wearing a sealskin coat and mukluks and posing him in front of an igloo.  However, she shouldn't be implying that enjoying playing in the snow is a trait that her child shares with Eskimos, who would prefer not to be called Eskimos as I understand it.  I am sure not every Inuit person likes to run around in the snow.  Call him a snow baby or snow man or polar bear, Joy!

Edited by doodlebug
  • Useful 1
  • Love 16
On 2/15/2021 at 11:55 AM, Jeeves said:

What?? She thought when she was only 15 that she couldn't imagine life without Austin?

Doesn't that mean she gave away pieces of her heart in violation of the Duggars' fundie courting purity system?

TBH I can't be bothered to keep track of their bullsh*t strange rules, so I may have this wrong. But I hope Joy didn't confess her tremendous sin to anyone lest she be considered a chewed-up piece of gum or a wrecked bicycle or whatever it was Michelle said you'd be if you dared think anything but pure thoughts or GOD FORBID held hands with a member of the opposite sex. 

Wonder how this played into the other teenage-Joy episode -- her alleged doubts about religion that were apparently abnormally serious and apparent for a Duggarling. 

She must have been full of various kinds of emotion as a teenager that she?/they?/everybody? papered over for the TeeVee show.....Or not?

Never watched so I don't know what she seemed like as a 14-through-17-year-old. Although my impression is that nobody noticed any particular excitement or turmoil. Must have been there, though, if she was seriously doubting Jesus and majorly lusting in her heart. .... I mean, that all sounds pretty normal for a teenager, more normal than what I've heard about the others, generally. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Wonder how this played into the other teenage-Joy episode -- her alleged doubts about religion that were apparently abnormally serious and apparent for a Duggarling. 

She must have been full of various kinds of emotion as a teenager that she?/they?/everybody? papered over for the TeeVee show.....Or not?

Never watched so I don't know what she seemed like as a 14-through-17-year-old. Although my impression is that nobody noticed any particular excitement or turmoil. Must have been there, though, if she was seriously doubting Jesus and majorly lusting in her heart. .... I mean, that all sounds pretty normal for a teenager, more normal than what I've heard about the others, generally. 

I have no idea how serious the "rebellion" was but I think someone mentioned that Joy is now the "most conservative" Duggar which if you compare to her other siblings says a lot.

• Love 7
44 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

I have no idea how serious the "rebellion" was but I think someone mentioned that Joy is now the "most conservative" Duggar which if you compare to her other siblings says a lot.

So, ultimately cowed by her background and her pushing relatives into deep-sixing all the strong feelings that she had into being more strait-laced than anybody? That wouldn't be an unusual response for somebody who at one point has been more openly rebellious than the rest of a family group, in my experience....

With Joe preaching at and pleading with her to come back to the fold and all...

And the "we'll give you money so get in line because if we don't give you money you're screwed" capability and tactics of JB and M. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 6

I think Austin is pretty well entrenched in the fundie world view, and I'm sure he's had a strong influence on Joy. If she was attracted to him from age 15, that alone might have pushed any religious doubts to the back of her mind or banished them altogether.

• Love 8
26 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

I think Austin is pretty well entrenched in the fundie world view, and I'm sure he's had a strong influence on Joy. If she was attracted to him from age 15, that alone might have pushed any religious doubts to the back of her mind or banished them altogether.

That's true. Her "rebellion" must have occurred before she decided that Austin was the guy for her.

• Love 4

Or maybe this "I've been in love with Austin since I was 13" (or 15, or whatever age she has claimed to have first noticed him) is all a bit of a retcon in Joy's mind to convince herself they have some great love story or were destined to be together. Especially if they've  been having problems as some have speculated, the need to convince herself he is the only guy for her could be strong.

• Useful 3
  • Love 9