Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

My god, that RV is so old and gross... It looks like a piece of junk and a money pit!

I felt itchy just watching the video, probably full of bedbugs and why was there a big puddle of brown water on the dash, is the front window leaking? It doesn't look safe....

I'd love to know what they spent on that rolling trash can.

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
23 hours ago, Growsonwalls said:

Well her extremely conservative siblings say she's the most conservative. So ... that says a lot about how conservative she is.

The only one we know of that stated anything is Jill. My point is that ALL of them seem extremely conservative. I don't see how Joy sticks out from the other siblings. 

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Is it me or does Giddy's speech seem to be delayed for a 3 year old?

I couldn't understand anything he said, Giddy and Henry would make a good pair, they could have an entire conversation and no one else would know what they're talking about.

I couldn't take my eyes off Giddy's nostrils, he might end up with a bigger nose than his dad.

Edited by Joan of Argh
  • LOL 7
1 minute ago, madpsych78 said:

The only one we know of that stated anything is Jill. My point is that ALL of them seem extremely conservative. I don't see how Joy sticks out from the other siblings. 

I don't know if she's more conservative but I think she's more open and opinionated about it than some of the others.

• Love 4

I think Joy sticks to the Gothard script more than the others. She doesn't have any rebellions like wearing pants, or cutting her hair, or any independent thoughts that we can see. She talks more about being super-Jesusy than anyone else. And I believe she's the only Duggar to have a parler account. Also she seems to be estranged from the few people who don't follow the script to the letter.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
6 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

I think Joy sticks to the Gothard script more than the others. She doesn't have any rebellions like wearing pants, or cutting her hair, or any independent thoughts that we can see. She talks more about being super-Jesusy than anyone else. And I believe she's the only Duggar to have a parler account. Also she seems to be estranged from the few people who don't follow the script to the letter.

Anna also has a Parler account.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Growsonwalls said:

In that Daily Mail article upthread, there's a Forsyth family photo and Joy appears to be wearing pants. Unflattering pants, I might add.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
9 minutes ago, Gweilo said:

In that Daily Mail article upthread, there's a Forsyth family photo and Joy appears to be wearing pants. Unflattering pants, I might add.

Like Jessa, she's been pictured in joggers. I don't recall seeing her in jeans or slacks.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Yes, I agree that Giddy has a speech issue too. Many of the  Duggar grandkids also have lisps. They seem to do nothing to correct this. It's a shame they don't try to give their children the best that they can. It's all about quantity with them. IMO, the parents are all too busy focusing on THEIR relationships and to heck with the children if their needs aren't met. They have a responsibility to their children too.

18 hours ago, Tikichick said:

The roads are empty because everyone's staying in due to ice, so that means pack up your little kids for a two and a half hour road trip?!?!    ETA  RV's are known for being nimble vehicles in dicey road conditions.   Said no one ever!

That was the first thing that I thought! When Joy said in the video that no one was on the roads because they were icy.....and then said so we’re loading up the kids and heading out.....I was flabbergasted! Who does that?? There was no guarantee Austin would get the RV running. I think they could have enlisted a few Duggar guys to go with him instead of Joy and the kids. Or at least enlisted some babysitters so they could leave the kids at home. I assume the kids were just sitting in the cold car while Austin worked on the motor and Joy toured and filmed the nasty RV. (I wouldn’t have taken that thing if it was given to me. Gross) And then they break down on the way home....in the dark....and I’m sure the roads were still dangerous. This was like the height of stupidity. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 23

To continue on the "height of stupidity" thread, an eagle-eyed Redditer spotted a rifle laying out in the open on the kitchen table. Even if it's unloaded, that's completely irresponsible, especially when Gideon is known to disappear and get into mischief. Great parenting. 

2 hours ago, MzTori77 said:

That was the first thing that I thought! When Joy said in the video that no one was on the roads because they were icy.....and then said so we’re loading up the kids and heading out.....I was flabbergasted! Who does that?? There was no guarantee Austin would get the RV running. I think they could have enlisted a few Duggar guys to go with him instead of Joy and the kids. Or at least enlisted some babysitters so they could leave the kids at home. I assume the kids were just sitting in the cold car while Austin worked on the motor and Joy toured and filmed the nasty RV. (I wouldn’t have taken that thing if it was given to me. Gross) And then they break down on the way home....in the dark....and I’m sure the roads were still dangerous. This was like the height of stupidity. 

And Giddy was barefoot.

• Love 1

I'm really surprised by Austin. For someone who grew up under the "strictest parents in the world" he doesn't provide much structure for his kids. Gideon and Evy are going to be as feral as Jessa's brood soon. Austin seems to only care about his hunting trips.

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

I'm really surprised by Austin. For someone who grew up under the "strictest parents in the world" he doesn't provide much structure for his kids. Gideon and Evy are going to be as feral as Jessa's brood soon. Austin seems to only care about his hunting trips.

I think in the Forsyth world strict means obey, not necessarily structure. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 19
1 minute ago, QuinnInND said:

Austin looks like he could be mean if he wanted to. He reminds me of someone I used to know. *shudder*. Who's the yutz in the background making a stupid face? 

Considering his main hobby is shooting animals, your instinct is probably spot-on.

• Love 10
Just now, BitterApple said:

Considering his main hobby is shooting animals, your instinct is probably spot-on.

I've got no problem with people hunting for food. I love venison. But he seems like he would enjoy the killing part. And like he could be abusive if he wanted to. Not in any way saying he is, but he's got that look. 

• Love 11
Just now, QuinnInND said:

I've got no problem with people hunting for food. I love venison. But he seems like he would enjoy the killing part. And like he could be abusive if he wanted to. Not in any way saying he is, but he's got that look. 

I don't either, but that's the vibe I get as well. Killing is Austin's main thrill, and getting food out of it is an added bonus.

• Love 7
Just now, QuinnInND said:

Austin looks like he could be mean if he wanted to. He reminds me of someone I used to know. *shudder*. Who's the yutz in the background making a stupid face? 

I've always thought that about Austin. He looks like he could have a real nasty side.

• Love 8

I wish Joy would get some nicer skirts. If she's absolutely committed to only wearing skirts she doesn't have to wear the same denim skirt for every occasion.

I feel like some of Austin's negative energy is rubbing off on Joy. She seems to have a hard mean streak now. Her inviting all her relatives over to make Christmas wreaths except for Jill was a real bitch move.

• Love 22
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I don't either, but that's the vibe I get as well. Killing is Austin's main thrill, and getting food out of it is an added bonus.

It is much of a masculine affectation as Jeremy’s fake professor intellectual vibe.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
21 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

The "killer" seems to permeate all facets of his life, though. He's a humorless little twat. I don't even remember him laughing in that awful Freedomists video when they mocked covid.

Oh, he’s miserable too. No doubt.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, Growsonwalls said:

I wish Joy would get some nicer skirts. If she's absolutely committed to only wearing skirts she doesn't have to wear the same denim skirt for every occasion.

I feel like some of Austin's negative energy is rubbing off on Joy. She seems to have a hard mean streak now. Her inviting all her relatives over to make Christmas wreaths except for Jill was a real bitch move.

I thought the wreath making was filmed for the show. Jill's not on the show anymore.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

He never seems happy to me. Always so serious, bordering on dour. Altogether quite unpleasant.

He started talking about how hard marriage was 30 seconds after their wedding. Dude is chronically unhappy and seems surprised that getting what he wanted didn't automatically flip the happiness switch.

On the one hand, yeah, he's a miserable asshole by nature. On the other...well, he IS married to Joy.

• LOL 8
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, Dehumidifier said:

I think she is applying gel to keep the bangs in place and that is causing them to look darker.

You're so much nicer than me. I was thinking her hair is not always that clean and her bangs show the oil more.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 8
43 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I was thinking her hair is not always that clean and her bangs show the oil more.

That was my first thought also, her hair is always dirty. And I have a feeling bathing isnt high on her list either.

• Love 9
14 hours ago, MsJamieDornan said:

That was my first thought also, her hair is always dirty. And I have a feeling bathing isnt high on her list either.

I'll never forget when Joy was getting ready to go out with Austin and she was rummaging through a pile of communal shoes looking for a match.  The bottoms of her feet were filthy and the insoles of her chosen sandals were equally black. 

I remember in my dating days taking long showers before to make sure I was absolutely clean!  Joy could have cared less getting dragged on that "date".  It's just another reason I feel her marriage was arranged.

• Love 16
6 hours ago, louannems said:

I'll never forget when Joy was getting ready to go out with Austin and she was rummaging through a pile of communal shoes looking for a match.  The bottoms of her feet were filthy and the insoles of her chosen sandals were equally black. 

I will never, ever forget that.

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
(edited)
On 2/28/2021 at 10:58 AM, lascuba said:

He started talking about how hard marriage was 30 seconds after their wedding. Dude is chronically unhappy and seems surprised that getting what he wanted didn't automatically flip the happiness switch.

On the one hand, yeah, he's a miserable asshole by nature. On the other...well, he IS married to Joy.

Joy is good-natured. She's trying to make it work. She probably is joyfully available when she's not recovering from giving birth to their babies. 

She seems game for a lot of his ideas and desires, like hiking, fishing, etc. 

I'm still not over him taking her ice fishing while 3rd trimester pregnant with Gideon. Later she admitted she doesn't really know how to swim. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 9