Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E04: Thirsty Girls

• Start Topic

Scheana tries to please Katie and her bridesmaids by shutting down Lala's attempts at friendship. Also, James' pageant-queen girlfriend arrives for the summer, but the fun is fleeting; Katie discovers that Schwartz secretly seeks therapy; and James' job is jeopardized.

I agree that Katie and Schwartz should have reconsidered, at the very least getting things worked out before marrying. Katie is REALLY getting nasty and Schwartz just gets more and more passive.

And yet, that therapist. She was basically telling Schwartz what to do (and kinda looked like she wanted to drop him her digits too). Not professional. 

On a hair note: Stassi's hair is super brassy; she needs a chamomile rinse or something. And *small voice* I still kinda love FI's hair. Except in man bun mode. Plus he still has he best lines (James is "A *LOT* indeed.)

• Love 10

Damn. I'm not #teamlala but that slow crap all three did when Kristen read the text from Schena about blowing off Lala was.. gross. Like for real gross. I mean Schena shouldn't want to talk to Lala because she has been a bitch to her friend but this mean girl stuff isn't cute. I really truly hope that more of this is for the show aspect and not their real personalitys off camera, I really do. Because that was some mean girls heathers coven like crap and.. whoa.

I know a lot of people are liking Ariana this season but I think she's just steering clear of saying or doing anything incriminating since last season she got a not as cool girl pixie dream girl edit last season. It's easier this season, Katie is taking center stage with her wedding.

Lisa please fire James. Stop trying to

make James happen. And "turning into a little asshole?" Um he's been one since forever.

Jax kind of made sense tonight, vanderpump rules used to be a fun silly show, and now since James came around it isn't.

Also Tom and Ariana are really fair weather friends, aren't they? 

Also why was Jax making sense "you're not a rockstar! "

Can Tom cut his stupid hair?

Poor Dianna you guys. She's the unsung hero of this sinking ship isn't she? I praise her for having to handle all of these idiots in her workplace. She better get paid well. 

Can people stop stealing my Calvin Harris line? I said it in a episode forum topic last season. 

• Love 15

I'm glad they showed that montage of Katie and her past outbursts. I considered the possibility that she was trying extra hard to prove that she's not Stassi lackey...she's just like Stassi and the alcohol really brings out the nastiness x10. Even sober, she is an irrational idiot that only sees a constructive discussion as a conversation where the other person concedes to her point, and even better, will offer her apology. She seems to always make herself the victim in some manner. GTFO Katie. I wonder if Schwartz's ex girlfriends have similar temperament to Katie. I get the feeling that he tends to be drawn to girls like Katie because he's so easy going that he intentionally, or unintentionally likes having a partner that can be more direct and decisive. Poor Schwartz. 

The sit down with Scheana was disgusting to watch as 3 grown women were so insecure about a friend being 'cordial' with someone else. Asking someone how their weekend was does not require a full blown conversation and confessions unless you want it to. A simple 'it was good, how was yours?' will do. 

James is a little bitch...his outburst outside the restaurant...so all he really needs is Ken spending more time at the restaurant and following him around like a shadow. Don't care about the tears - I swear we've seen this song and dance from James before. It's hard to think that his tears are from remorse when he so quickly falls back into the very thing that he apologizes for. James' tears are because he's concerned for himself, not for the impact that his behaviour has on others. 

Schwartz and Arianna's scene was cute. I think he better prepare himself for a huge fight with Katie. I did read that Ariana wasn't in the wedding party so I'm assuming that Katie got her way in the end...shocking. 

Edited by RHJunkie
  • Love 13

Ken admonishing James about ruining his business:

He and Leeeza have done that for themselves.  The patrons tonight were clearly enjoying the argument between Jax/James and James/Gigi.  It dawned on me that THIS IS WHAT THEY GO THERE FOR.  To oogle the Vanderidiots and to perhaps get their mugs on TV for 5 seconds of fame.

What well-heeled, hungry person, in their right mind, would go to SUR just for the food?  Nobody, anymore.  Great restaurants are plentiful in L.A.  And we've read the food/service reviews for SUR.  Their reputation and draw is all about the show, now.  Once the show folds, I think SUR will continue it's spiral down the grubby toilet. 

• Love 8

James is still perpetuating the delusion that everyone is jealous of him because he "doesn't serve fried chicken." He's a big star deejaying...where fried chicken is served. And now Diana, the SUR manager, wants him fired. Coming soon: Look for DJ James Kennedy spinning in a KFC parking lot near you! "Yo! That original recipe is as sizzling as this new Rihanna track!"

Ugh, the mean girl stuff again. I think the therapist is like, "I've seen the show; you DON'T want to marry this irrational woman." At the wedding when the speak now or forever hold your peace part comes up, I'm putting my money on no fewer than three people standing up and saying, "Let's go to the video tape!"

I don't even know what the three harpies are yelling at Scheana. They lost me as soon as Stassi justified that Schwartz had no basis for complaint because all women get drunk and lose their minds. Um, no. Scheana, cut your losses and go team up with Lala and Ariana. Then you'll have even teams of three for a dance battle or however you'll settle which squad is supreme.

Oh, you go, GG, the new hostess who started in February! Jax says she told the wrong person about hooking up with James. Just like Schwartz's therapist, GG has seen this show, too, and knows the RIGHT person to go to to get some screen time. A Laura-Leigh flashback!!!!

James is an Aston Martin and GG is a Honda Civic?!? Now he's a rock star?! He seriously has had a break with reality. This isn't even a dance club. He presses play on a laptop while people nearby are eating dinner and shouting over the music to talk to each other. Who speaks to their boss like this?!? The audacity of this punk! How does she NOT fire him on the spot?! It must be a later season storyline; that's the only feasible explanation. ... James crying because he's scared that Ken is mad at him is everything. Well, guess Lisa needed to get production's stamp of approval or Ken told her when they got home that punk ass has got to go. Would have liked to see Ken knock the spark out of him, though.

• Love 18
13 minutes ago, chick binewski said:

The editors love us. Between the cut to Katie eating her feelings and Jax's grand romance with Laura Leigh it's like they can read our minds.

Good lord that was good. 

I really want to love this show again.  This is the first time I've tuned in since early last season.  Maybe I just need to mute the TV when the mean girls are, like, talking.  Because every time they start, I feel like I'm too old/smart to be watching.  

However, Schwartz puts steak and shrimp between his butt cheeks and I find myself guffawing like a 12 year old boy. And it's the best show ever.

• Love 8

Why is LVP dressing like Austin Powers?

Brittany has a talent, she can burst out of her top. That was about the most interesting thing that has happened with her since she found pants to wear.

Stassi plot line for the episode is "Drank wine". Nice paycheck if you can get it.

Katie and Sandoval are battling it out this season for worst hairstyling. So far its a draw.

• Love 13

I'm not really following how the group dynamics changed so much that Scheana is cowering to Katie, Stassi, and Kristin's dictates.

But the three of them are just awful.  Its made worse by them doubling down on the rightness of what they are saying in their talking heads.   Are they drinking during those too?

• Love 12
1 hour ago, ivygirl said:

It's as if Stassi, Kristin, and Katie think the movie Mean Girls is a Lynda.com how-to on social behavior rather than a wry look at cliques and what we regret about teen girls' behavior.

Yup. However, I get more of a The Craft vibe from them as of late. The sad thing is, outside of this show, I find Stassi entertaining, I like her podcasts and sometimes her snapchats are fun. On here, she's mean but not fun mean. Years ago, it was fun, now not so much. Maybe it's the fact that it's no longer a 23 year old girl pulling this crap, she's like 28/29, and should be more focused on other things, which in reality she is but on the show we can't see that.

• Love 12

Schwartz and Katie pretending that post-therapy confrontation wasn't planned and scripted was some really bad acting. Katie may be nuts but Schwartz is a shitty boyfriend so eh they belong together. 

I hate James and yet I never want him to go away. I want every episode to be him bragging about how amazing he is, how he's the MVP of all mid level restaurant DJ's, followed by scenes of him crying to Lisa. I don't know why I enjoy it but I do. And as awful and douchey as jax is, I love his James hate. It's all so much more interesting than the mean girls shit. 

Why is FI dressed like a magician in all his TH interviews? 

• Love 11
2 hours ago, ivygirl said:

And *small voice* I still kinda love FI's hair. Except in man bun mode. Plus he still has he best lines (James is "A *LOT* indeed.)

FI looked hot tonight.  I agree not the manbun. I remember thinking he was hot the first season.  His voice deducts hotness points, like David Beckham's.

2 hours ago, chick binewski said:

And Ken makes up for multiple seasons of inertia with "You fucker! I will knock your spark out!" I'm not sure what that means but I don't care.

I hate Ken, but I LOVED him tonight.  That was so awesome.

• Love 4

Was that a fake therapist or what? That is not how you provide professional therapy. She must have gotten her degree from one of those unaccredited online universities. Geez, even a psychology intern would know better than to just dole out advice and try to influence his decisions based on what little he has shared. I get that this is a reality show that's fake, but that was a laugh. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, ryebread said:

Ken admonishing James about ruining his business:

He and Leeeza have done that for themselves.  The patrons tonight were clearly enjoying the argument between Jax/James and James/Gigi.  It dawned on me that THIS IS WHAT THEY GO THERE FOR.  To oogle the Vanderidiots and to perhaps get their mugs on TV for 5 seconds of fame.

What well-heeled, hungry person, in their right mind, would go to SUR just for the food?  Nobody, anymore.  Great restaurants are plentiful in L.A.  And we've read the food/service reviews for SUR.  Their reputation and draw is all about the show, now.  Once the show folds, I think SUR will continue it's spiral down the grubby toilet. 

Oh absolutely. A ton of recappers and podcasters have eaten at Villa Blanca, SUR, and Pump. Their reviews are so close to each other that it's eerie. They've said that the restaurants are tackier in person. The food is...well... mediocre is too kind a description. By allowing their restaurants to be seen as tourist attractions, Lisa and Ken have protected their restaurants against the usual things that kill a restaurant:

• bad food--who cares. No one goes to Universal Studios for the food;
  • outdated decor--that's part of the charm;
  • shit service--the servers a large part of the tourist attraction.

Of the cast that still works at SUR, they've said that the managers will get on your case if you don't do at least a shift or two every month. It isn't explicit, but heavily implied that you might get cut from the show if you don't attempt to work at SUR.

Katie is an unreasonable asshole. We're on season 5 and Katie has behaved this way since the beginning. I'm perplexed that she can watch 4 seasons of her acting like an a drunken bully and still somehow blame Schwartz. Katie needs to be ostracized from the group to understand that she's immature and mean.

James is scared of a 70 year old man with a perm, a hip replacement, and a comatose pomeranian in a matching outfit. Ken came up in the bar and nightclub business. I'm sure that he has some stories to tell, but Ken is 70 now. Although his accent did start to go real Michael Caine the angrier he got. So maybe Ken has some hidden Get Carter reserves.

• Love 20

I can watch every other chuckle fuck on this show except Katie.  I can't stand her.  Stassi was so much better in the role of head mean bitch in charge.  At least she was entertaining.  Katie just sucks.  And Lala was right.  Katie is "blobbish". 

• Love 11

I just don't find James entertaining at all.  It's always the same with scene with him over and over. I'm sure he didn't actually get fired either. The guy is so delusional too. Lol he's a rockstar? He has his laptop going at some restaurant lounge. He's not even really djing.

Whats ghoing on with Scheana is pathetic especially considering their ages. Scheana is at work she has to be cordial. It's not like they are hanging out and partying and laughing about Katie. Lol it's all so weird. 

I find Tom S attractive even with his new hair. I had to admit it lol.

I guess Ariana's bro is trying to make it or something now.

• Love 7
8 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Scheana, cut your losses and go team up with Lala and Ariana. Then you'll have even teams of three for a dance battle or however you'll settle which squad is supreme.

If this could happen, then tv might as well just go black forever afterwards. There is no way any show could ever top that scene EVER! This may be the most brilliant idea I have ever heard anywhere in my life. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, bblancobrnx said:

If this could happen, then tv might as well just go black forever afterwards. There is no way any show could ever top that scene EVER! This may be the most brilliant idea I have ever heard anywhere in my life. 

If Scheana dusts off her gold lamee booty shorts, it's on!

Edited by JenE4
  • Love 8

James, please. No one is "thirsty" for you. In fact, any girl who has been with you was probably really thirsty in the regular sense, drank too much booze, and thought you were someone else. Because there's no other way I can reconcile letting you in bed. Ugh, I don't even want to waste time talking about this slimeball and delusions. I loved when Ken got all aggro with him and would have paid to see the old man take him out. 

And something must be seriously wrong with his new gf, if she's all impressed by random balloons stuck to the wall. Like a last minute kiddie party. 

I don't know what made me more uncomfortable - Scheana trying her best to appease the Coven of Mean Girls, or the Coven clapping for her like she's a very well behaved little girl. They are truly a pack of vipers. Run, Scheana, run! 

And Katie is just horrible to Scwartz. He comes home from therapy and wants to talk and she essentially attacks him, and then dismisses all of his feelings. I don't know what he sees in her. 

But I do hope that one day he gets drunk enough to snip FI's man bun off. 

Jax is just so pathetic. James is a loser, but Jax is acting like there was never any drama at SUR before James. FALSE. 

LOVED the Laura Lee flashbacks. That girl was my favorite. 

• Love 11

Why does anybody want to be friends with Katy now? Is it because of the wedding and they all want the camera time otherwise all that's left is to buddy up with Lala and Ariana? Kristen and Stassi are non factors this season. Wonder when that will start to get old and when Scheana is going to get sick of kissing the mean girls asses cause you know she still feels like an outsider which she mentioned several times already. 

When Katy gets wound up and starts arguing (with whoever) she starts talking so fast and not making any sense. I can see how that frustrates the hell out out of Tom. I need closed caption when she starts going off like that.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, JenE4 said:

James is still perpetuating the delusion that everyone is jealous of him because he "doesn't serve fried chicken." He's a big star deejaying...where fried chicken is served. And now Diana, the SUR manager, wants him fired. Coming soon: Look for DJ James Kennedy spinning in a KFC parking lot near you! "Yo! That original recipe is as sizzling as this new Rihanna track!"

You really don't know how much I needed THIS on this dreary, rainy day here on the east coast today!  I honestly LOLed for a good 5 minutes. Much obliged.

The Kristin-Katie-Stassi coven continues to be awful.  I like Scheanna much more when she's on the outs with them, as opposed to when she's kissing their ass and groveling for a spot at their lunch table.  Girl, you can do better.   

I'll admit that Kristen looked better with the veneers.  But just when she's trying to tell us how much she's changed, she goes and proves that she's the same garbage person she always was with her response to "why are you getting veneers?"   Something along the lines of "so guys still think I'm hot."  

Really?? A) You were never hot.  Never ever ever. And B) Even if she were single, it's still a very pathetic response. But , hey girl, don't you supposedly have a serious, live-in boyfriend? She's such an entitled bitch.  

Oh, if ONLY this were the last we would see of DJ Muppet Baby.  He's a legit twat.  His girlfriend is way too pretty for him.  I hope that she has long since dumped his scrawny, pathetic ass. Of course, on the other hand, she had to have seen him on the show acting like a douchecanoe before she got together with him, right? So perhaps they deserve each other.  

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 3

I must be a horrible person, but James, so tough and cocky and overwhelmed by his own fabulousity, makes me laugh every time he cries.  I have absolutely no sympathy for this little fucker.

Ever since he pointed to various castmates in the reunion and said, "You're an asshole" (or whatever), I find him strangely funny. Sort of like how I used to "love" Spencer Pratt.

I laughed twice at Jax last night--once when he said something about ever since James started working there, "everyone's crying" and then when he called James an idiot.

• Love 7

Not familiar enough with LaLa to have an opinion other than I think she is great-looking and she delivered that TH line about "sucking d**k for more than a Range Rover, honey" line brilliantly.  Watching Kristin's mouth and tongue rolling over her new veneers was amusing to me.  And she looked like a different person on WWHL.  I suspect her having other work done.  And can someone tell me why girls in their mid-20's are already shooting their faces full of Botox?  That Scheana girl's face looks like wax.

• Love 6
12 hours ago, whydoievencare said:

I must be a horrible person, but James, so tough and cocky and overwhelmed by his own fabulousity, makes me laugh every time he cries.  I have absolutely no sympathy for this little fucker.

tears.jpeg

• Love 4

How are Katie and Schwartz ever going to make it if she will never discuss anything that might be critical of her? Her mean girl idiot friends backing up every shitty thing she does also isn't helping. (Though I guess they don't want to deal with her rage, either. She is unhinged.)

On a more shallow note, Katie's outfit with the lace shirt under the black tank was hideous. And, why did she go start shoving huge pieces of lettuce in her mouth after their argument? 

• Love 15
12 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Also why was Jax making sense "you're not a rockstar! "

I did love when Jax said, "Anyone can press play on a laptop!" I know there is more to serious DJing than that, but it was James. SO I loved it. 

11 hours ago, JenE4 said:

James is an Aston Martin and GG is a Honda Civic?!?

I think he was saying his new girl is an Aston Martin. But considering she's with him, she's more like an old Pinto up on blocks, with no engine inside. 

1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

Why does anybody want to be friends with Katy now? Is it because of the wedding and they all want the camera time otherwise all that's left is to buddy up with Lala and Ariana? Kristen and Stassi are non factors this season

I think it's because Katie still works at SUR and those two don't. They have to be friends with someone at SUR in order to get filmed with more regularly. Plus, I do think they have that kind of friendship where they get off on all being catty together. It makes them feel better about themselves. 

13 minutes ago, kdl88 said:

On a more shallow note, Katie's outfit with the lace shirt under the black tank was hideous. And, why did she go start shoving huge pieces of lettuce in her mouth after their argument? 

LOL, it was like she was stress eating, but still wants to fit in her wedding dress. 

• Love 18

OMG. I fell asleep on this last night so will need to tune in again but I did see Tom's chat with Katie. Why the fuck is he marrying that hideous (on the outside and inside) bitch? He could do so much better. She's mean as hell and reportedly doesn't give him sex, so why is he with her? Schaena needs to rejuvenate her friendship with Ariana because the coven is leading her up the garden path to hell. This loyalty stuff is complete BS and bat shit crazy.

• Love 6

And Ken makes up for multiple seasons of inertia with "You fucker! I will knock your spark out!" I'm not sure what that means but I don't care.

I'm not sure what it means either, but I that is my new line for an argument.  Could mean literally.....OR figuratively.

• Love 7

I used to feel incredibly sorry for Katie. In Season 1, she was very much the Scheana in the group -- Stassi and Kristin seemed much closer to each other than to her. But like a new Heather, they cut off Stassi's head, and Katie's sprang up in its place. The problem is, though, that Katie isn't very good at being a queen bee. She isn't sharp or witty; she doesn't seem to have the kind of qualities that made Stassi a natural for Head Heather. She comes off as whiny and petulant most of the time. And the fact that she's making Scheana, of all people, look like a candidate for beatification is FREAKING AMAZING.

While Katie is a terrible Heather, I have to say, I'm immensely enjoying Stassi's role this season of quiet background shit-stirrer. Her observations about these people are remarkably astute and seriously funny. I would watch a spinoff of Stassi sitting at a bus station talking about the people around her, for real.

Oh, Schwartz. Get out while you can. Though I did love his sneaky jab at Katie by making Ariana a bridesmaid -- and yes, Ariana's kind of a shit about it, because she was told by Katie she wouldn't be in the wedding and she clearly knows something's up there, but doesn't demur or ask about it or anything.

• Love 8

I have only one question - where in Hades did GG come from?  Has she ever even been mentioned before?  You would think if this was all going on at the very least Lala would have known about it.  And why come to Jax and Brittany?  Why not go to Dianna and say that James is behaving unprofessionally?  

Dear Lord, I cannot believe I am actually wasting brain cells and analyzing this show.  And the people in it.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, politichick said:

OMG. I fell asleep on this last night so will need to tune in again but I did see Tom's chat with Katie. Why the fuck is he marrying that hideous (on the outside and inside) bitch? He could do so much better. She's mean as hell and reportedly doesn't give him sex, so why is he with her? Schaena needs to rejuvenate her friendship with Ariana because the coven is leading her up the garden path to hell. This loyalty stuff is complete BS and bat shit crazy.

LOL I fell asleep whilst this shit fest was on.  Have any of yall fell asleep watching something and it permeates your subconscious and you become a cast member?  In my night terror of a dream? James was all over me.  All the cool mean girls were giving me the serious side eye.  Even in my subconscious, I knew James was beyond reprehensible so I was like the cat in the Pepe Le Pew cartoon.  Forever trying to wriggle myself from his grasp!

Pepee Lepew.jpeg

• Love 8

Thanks to all of you commenters who watch this! I gave up watching but I so look forward to the snark on Tuesdays. All of you are on fire today; maybe I should watch this episode? I'm in great need of mindless distraction these days, and this is one of my guilty pleasures. I'm especially enjoying the discussion regarding Ken and his attack on James. I hope the dog(s) he was carrying weren't upset.

Anyway, thanks and carry on!

• Love 3
16 hours ago, ryebread said:

I have the hardest time dealing with these quote boxes on my phone.

2 hours ago, Carolina Girl said:

I have only one question - where in Hades did GG come from?  Has she ever even been mentioned before?  You would think if this was all going on at the very least Lala would have known about it.  And why come to Jax and Brittany?  Why not go to Dianna and say that James is behaving unprofessionally?  

Dear Lord, I cannot believe I am actually wasting brain cells and analyzing this show.  And the people in it.

I'm pretty sure GG's new. If she had come from Villa Blanca or Pump, Lisa typically mentions it on the show. Clearly GG has watched this show. The reason you tell Aunt Blabby (TM Andy Cohen), Jax, is because you know he hates James and can't keep a secret.

GG is some thirst queen who wants to be on the show. Compare that with Lauren from last season who banged James during Pride weekend, kept trying to talk Lala off the ledge, was pissed when James spilled about their hook up, and was in damage control mode when her off and on boyfriend (Anthony?) found out. The thing I appreciated about that incident was that when we, the viewers, feel like the show can be too contrived this incident was a reminder that these people are drunk, messy, and incestuous. Lauren reacted exactly like most people would which was to be mortified and try to keep a lid on it getting out.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, LucyHoneychrrch said:

The problem is, though, that Katie isn't very good at being a queen bee. She isn't sharp or witty; she doesn't seem to have the kind of qualities that made Stassi a natural for Head Heather. She comes off as whiny and petulant most of the time

Nail meet head. She sucks at it. Stassi was always very confident and had a DGAF attitude about her. Katie comes off as desperate and insecure. No one wants to follow that. 

• Love 4