Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E23: Reunion Part 3

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Knuckles said:

Luann is on the hot seat again...discussing Tom...again? Without Lu, there is no past season. She ought to be making more money than the rest, since she is the only one with a storyline.  With the exception of the lovely Jules, the rest of them are reduced to bickering harridans.

For a change of pace, let's discuss Ramona's sex life, Carole's brilliant writing career, Sonja's marital prospects, Dorinda's enthralling romance, and Bethy's new line of luggage. Anything but these hags screaming at Lu for the hundredth time.

You would never know this to be the case if you looked over at the Lu thread.  No one has said "boo" over there for 2 weeks. Beth and Carole on the other hand, seem to garner far more interest around here. As someone else posted several days ago, Bravo pays heavy attention to this kind of thing. They have all kind of systems to calculate who is getting the most attention. And it's not Lu. Not that this means they are "safe" or anything like that. Aviva also got lots of hits. But it does tell them something about who the folks are paying the most attention to. And because it cannot be said enough - it's not Lu. 

• Love 11

Did I find it pleasant? No, not really. I certainly didn't find it riveting.

What I did find it to be was silly, contrived, boring, predictable, phoney, overly hyped, and disappointing.

I am actually kind of surprised so many people thought it was so dramatic. And they're so upset about it, lol. I don't think Lu was half as bothered by it as some of the posters here seem to be.  There's just so much outrage. It's weird.

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 15
53 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I suspect that as much as Ramona claims she didn't connect with Tom, she in fact really did and is now upset that he picked Luann over all of them. She just can't let it/him go! LOL

• Love 17

Thank God this is over! If I heard Lu say 'we're in love and getting married' one more time I was going to hurl! And what a cop out that they played up that Ramona knew 'something' and then it was nothing! 

It was also driving me nuts how squashed Jules, Sonja and Dorinda were on their couch. Get a longer couch next time Bravo!

All the positive bullshit remarks about each other at the end was stupid. I don't believe any of these women are real friends when the cameras turn off. 

• Love 24

Sonja's meltdown had a pinch of truth to it. They don't care for her . However her reaction was poorly executed but what can we expect from a woman who saves a single packet of ten cent ramen for a rainy day, hoards expired bottles of Wesson oil, thinks she's recently partied with John John and P Diddy, and a couple late night boinks a relationship makes. 

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Jel said:

Dorinda reminds me of that line from "When Harry Met Sally", where Harry tells Sally that's she's the worst kind of girlfriend -- high maintenance who thinks she's low maintenance. Dorinda is like the kinda crummy, meddling, gossipy friend, who thinks she's the chill, helpful, peace-making one.

This is why I'm a tiny bit sympathetic towards Bethenny telling LuAnn about Tom. LuAnn was adamant that Bethenny could have told Dorinda, but Dorinda has been shady and gossipy all season. I just wouldn't trust her to not have that blowback on you if you were Bethenny. She sort instigated that entire Tom discussion on the yacht between Sonja and Ramona and then walked up to the deck and narc'd on them. Dorinda is someone I don't trust one bit based on her behavior this season. I don't believe that Bethenny was remotely motivated by altruism, but I think that Bethenny wants to appear that she is and I think that even if she had framed it an altruistic way Dorinda still would have taken the opportunity to fuck Bethenny over.

I'm always tickled when I hear LuAnn question why Bethenny asked if LuAnn and Tom were monogamous. Of all the shit that Bethenny has done, this question was the most defensible thing she did, especially since LuAnn has said many times in slightly different ways that her marriage to Alex was openish.

These assholes really can't even pretend to like Sonja.

Did Carole even need to be at the reunion?

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 20
7 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

This is why I'm a tiny bit sympathetic towards Bethenny telling LuAnn about Tom. LuAnn was adamant that Bethenny could have told Dorinda, but Dorinda has been shady and gossipy all season. I just wouldn't trust her to not have that blowback on you if you were Bethenny. She sort instigated that entire Tom discussion on the yacht between Sonja and Ramona and then walked up to the deck and narc'd on them. Dorinda is someone I don't trust one bit based on her behavior this season. I don't believe that Bethenny was remotely motivated by altruism, but I think that Bethenny wants to appear that she is and I think that even if she had framed it an altruistic way Dorinda still woild have taken the opportunity to fuck Bethenny over.

I'm always tickled when I hear LuAnn question why Bethenny asked if LuAnn and Tom were monogamous. Of all the shit that Bethenny has done, this question was the most defensible thing she did, especially since LuAnn has said many times in slightly different ways that her marriage to Alex was openish.

These assholes really can't even pretend to like Sonja.

Did Carole even need to be at the reunion?

As Dorinda said, "it wasn't about Bethenny."  I still think Bethenny, should have texted Tom the pictures.  Let them work it out.  Let Luann lead with what happened between she and Tom.  Always tell the cheater, not the one being cheated on.

It is like Sonja saying she and Tom were really good friends.  Maybe Tom doesn't feel that way about Sonja. 

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, Jextella said:

Anyone know how the ratings have been this season?  Is this Bethenny's 2nd season back or 1st?  I've lost track.

....just curious if it has boosted ratings.

Check the media thread.

Posters there are good at the numbers.

• Love 1

Is Andy Cohen psychic?  Because I swear he stole from Matt Lauer's repetitive attempts to grill Clinton on her email when asking Luann about Tom. 

Sonja.  Maybe you should test the waters a bit better before you try to jump ship and swim over the other and get a refusal to board.  Those waters are filled with the sharks of termination.  If your dear friends on the other couch don't want you, its really a bad time employment wise on this show to first trash the ones you are already sitting with that production clearly has made a 'side'.

The hug was stupid.  But it also puts on notice for all and any that are there next season to see just how well the Monster plays well with others.  She is going to always make the rest of you work harder, feel less and that she is above the rest of you and therefore the queen of hypocrisy.  Strep my ass.  

I think Dorinda knew she had to bring it at the reunion and she also knew even if she brought it and it didn't keep her on, she would go out on a perceived high note of not completely rolling over.

Carole is worthless.  They could have at least given her a montage of hideous eating to show the highlights of her season. 

Luann.   I think part of the problem is that by the time of the reunion, there was enough dislike of the Monster showing in social media that Luann mistakenly thinks it is a team struggle.  It is not Luann.  No matter how disgusting the Monster is.  How heinous.  How despicable and completely crass and stupid and hypocritical and nasty and disgusting, oh I used that one already, it does not mean I give you a pass.  The Monster's attacks are not a pass to be an ass yourself.  Just because the way in which Tom's horrible behavior being revealed was equally horrible in its own way it was still a different thing.  They are connected but they are not balancing each other out.  And that is what I sense here.  That Luann thinks that the means with which it was revealed and the malice that was clearly behind it somehow counteract this terrible person she is so determined to try and absolve.  Nope.  Sorry.  They fit in different compartments on why I loathe you ____________ (insert housewife name here) and yet can laugh and jeer at what a vain silly nasty person you are who lives for validation even as in the process you show your own ass.  Proving how fun it can be to see people trying to lord it over the viewers and end up as just mock worthy.  So no Luann.  Tom is still a creep and a schmuck and not worthy of even you no matter how stupid you are in refusing to see it.  Because I do think you do see it.  But are just as stubborn as the Monster in refusing to admit a wrong.

And the Monster trying to say her actions were done out of care?  Well no.  Lennie in Mice and Men actually loved the mouse.  You however just want blood and guts and to feel someone squish between your fingers.   And if a pillow can be ruined in the process and then handed off to your drive inappropriately, more the better.

• Love 11

So most of these questions on all 3 episodes about Lu Anne? What do these other ladies have going on other than Lu? Bethenny comes across badly and reeks of desperation ? Ramona and Sonja smh just so pressed over Lu getting married. 

• Love 11
9 minutes ago, tenativelyyours said:

Sonja.  Maybe you should test the waters a bit better before you try to jump ship and swim over the other and get a refusal to board.  Those waters are filled with the sharks of termination.  If your dear friends on the other couch don't want you, its really a bad time employment wise on this show to first trash the ones you are already sitting with that production clearly has made a 'side'.

Sonja getting rejected by the Ho's on the other couch should have made it obvious to Sonja where she really stands with them.  I noticed it was after that happened that she got up to apologize and hug it out with Lu and wish her well...she saw that it wasn't doing her any good to snipe at Lu since she'd end up with no friends at all because the other couch was not going to welcome her.

• Love 13
32 minutes ago, izabella said:

Sonja getting rejected by the Ho's on the other couch should have made it obvious to Sonja where she really stands with them.  I noticed it was after that happened that she got up to apologize and hug it out with Lu and wish her well...she saw that it wasn't doing her any good to snipe at Lu since she'd end up with no friends at all because the other couch was not going to welcome her.

I don't think Sonja is playing with a full deck.  She was whining about Dorinda not including her at lunch with Ramona (who Dorinda was mad at) about not being invited to being introduced to Jules (she had no contract), then and I will have to re-watch Sonja said about Tom, he was with her then Lu and then me.  Is Sonja claiming Tom was with her after Luann?  Sonja is still claiming she had a thing with Tom and but for Luann they would have moved on:  http://www.inquisitr.com/3503725/sonja-morgans-daughter-finances-dating-harry-hamlin-luann-de-lesseps-thomas-dagostino-net-worth/

Ramona and her dumbass stunt about feigning she had the goods on Tom to propel the going nowhere theme of, "Would you want to know?".  Really lowbrow.  And again with these stupid bitches telling people how they should feel and what they should be looking for in a husband.  Of all people to speak on not being deep-Ramona Singer?  The dating and skating queen.  The woman who had a serious boyfriend in Colorado and was running around dating Tom and seeking advice from Sonja and Bethenny on whether or not to sleep with him? 

Sonja is not speaking to Ramona.

• Love 20
1 hour ago, Jextella said:

Anyone know how the ratings have been this season?  Is this Bethenny's 2nd season back or 1st?  I've lost track.

....just curious if it has boosted ratings.

Bethenney took a break for S4,5&6 came back S7 &8.

I was able to find ratings seasons 3-8 average weekly viewers and I rounded. 

S3 was 2 million, S4 was 2 million, S5 was 1.6 million, S6 was 1.3 million, S7 was 1.3 million and S8 is 1.5 before Reunion Part 3.  Jill, Alex and Kelly were fired after S4 wrapped which I assume accounts for the almost 25% drop in viewers for S5.  For this current season most of the good ratings that pulled up the weekly average were for the last epi of the season and the first two reunion shows which all rated around 1.8-1.9 million each.    No wonder the reunion was about Luann vs  Bethenney with Tom getting more mentions than any of the other hws.  If it hadn't been for Tom drunkenly sucking face with his old squeeze it would have been another lackluster season ratings wise.  Thanks Tom!

45 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Ramona and her dumbass stunt about feigning she had the goods on Tom to propel the going nowhere theme of, "Would you want to know?".  Really lowbrow.  And again with these stupid bitches telling people how they should feel and what they should be looking for in a husband.  Of all people to speak on not being deep-Ramona Singer?  The dating and skating queen.  The woman who had a serious boyfriend in Colorado and was running around dating Tom and seeking advice from Sonja and Bethenny on whether or not to sleep with him? 

Sonja is not speaking to Ramona.

I didn't fall for that stunt because if Ramona had a hurtful, humiliating piece of information on Luann there is no way she would have kept it to herself this long.  She would have typed it up, printed it and handed out flyers at the first reunion.

Edited by zulualpha
sometimes info from the interwebs is wrong.
  • Love 14

5 minutes of these broads screaming at each other was more than I could take.  Got a headache & tuned out.

Sheesh, Sonja is a fool.  Hey, Sonja, you ain't goin' to St. Tropez in July-- unless it's in your head with John John.

"Opinions are like assholes -- we've all got one."  Wow, this is your sole attempt at humor for the season, Bethenny?  How original & hilarious.  Yeah, get off my jock, hun.

• Love 17

Other than trying to milk  the RHONY teat dry for ratings, I can see no reason at all for three reunion shows.   There were moments when I was thankful I don't  have the dog with me this week.  The high pitched shrieking would be torture on his ears.  The only moment I enjoyed was Doris telling Bethy, "That's an asshole opinion."  That could be the tag line for this show.   

• Love 17