Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E23: Reunion Part 3

• Start Topic

I really wish Ramona hadn't started that trend of getting off the couch on these reunions... So contrived now.

Dorinda's impression of a village idiot was one of the few things I've truly laughed at on these shows for a while! (The other is probably something Shannon did or said.)

5 hours ago, dosodog said:

Move over LVP, I have a new favorite hw and her name is Dorinda.  She who puts the beast known as Bethenny inher place.

Someone who doesn't fear her.

LOL! I've been pondering the similarities between Dorinda and LVP. On the surface they're not all that alike, but they're funny, sly, and they like to stir the pot and pretend they don't. They're far from perfect but I find them the most enjoyable. (Them, and Shannon. I like Jules but she took a while to come out of her shell... I am bummed she won't be back though.)

LVP is still my top draft pick on my Fantasy Real Housewife Team, but Dorinda's my kicker. Or punter. Or some other sports metaphor. 

Edited by ivygirl
  • Love 16

Did anyone else LOL at the way LuLu was sitting during the Tom discussion?  Hope to find a pic to share.   Wonder where that fits in in "Class with the Countess."

The show seemed so disingenuous to me.  

I guess I have to watch again to find things to laugh about.  Otherwise why watch. 

Edited by Ellee
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, Ki-in said:

No montage of Carole's stellar season? This is the year she really brought it: dog shit in a cup, getting hung up on face time, the cookbook that never was, the dog wedding and planning her break up. Oh, and being a bitch and eating the hot dog but bringing none back even though everyone said they wanted a one.  Why no highlight reel? 

I think we must have blinked and missed it.  And don't forget the lost footage of her crawling up Bethenny's butt!

• Love 14
53 minutes ago, Ellee said:

Did anyone else LOL at the way LuLu was sitting during the Tom discussion?  Hope to find a pic to share.   Wonder where that fits in in "Class with the Countess."

The show seemed so disingenuous to me.  

I guess I have to watch again to find things to laugh about.  Otherwise why watch. 

As of New Years Day 2017, Luanne D’ouchegastino &  EVine will launch her new lifestyle brand starting with a clothing line & bedding

The clothing line is called The Commoner

The bedding line is called The Screwd-ly-weds

If the public takes to her line, Tom will also launch a Men’s wearline called Commes Des GarBage.

All note Tom’s line is not a cheater brand…he’s just a cheater

• Love 15

When Lu was being held to the fire about her open marriage and B seemed to be calling her again a hypocrite for calling B out for dating a married man with reiterating 'you were married' 'but you were married' 'still married' I would have loved Lu forever if she had retorted sarcastically, 'well, as I whore, slut fuck doll that is to be expected cause obviously to you I'm down there and you are up here.' 

Damn Bravo and their fake out making the audience think Ramona had new tea on Tom. What a cheap ploy. 

• Love 18
2 hours ago, Lady Grump said:

I only made it 13 minutes, then clicked off. Had to; my brain could no longer stomach Bethenny and Ramona. And  I ached for Sonja.

Look, I know Sonja has issues, but her vulnerability runs deep. I've never grasped the instinct to berate people over insecurities. Sonja hasn't hurt a single one of those ladies. (And no, I don't agree with Beth's hysteria over "tipsy girl." Just like there can be multiple websites to discuss RHONY, there can be two similar RH boozes. Whatever. Who cares. The chances of Tipsy Girl usurping Skinny Girl were non-existent. Besides, if they all think Sonja is a flake without follow-through, then why sweat it? At most it would have been a novelty product.) I do understand the intellectual property issues, but the way Beth handled it was cruel.

Also, Bethenny rolling her eyes at Sonja for peacocking (probably falsely) about her yearly trips to Phucket and southern France made me so angry -- at Bethenny. Again, Sonja's tendency to embellish is clearly born of insecurity. This is not a psychological analysis, it's just commonsense observation from living in this world for over 30 years: people who "brag" are almost always hyper insecure. Why kick them? It's like kicking a puppy. (I also felt this way about Alexis Belino, even though I despised her politics, values, et cetera...but I digress.) "Puff-bragging" doesn't hurt anyone; it's simply a symptom of insecurity. It's less harmful than someone sneezing near you. If Sonja wants to keep her past, jet-setting life at the forefront of her mind, god bless. Besides, Sonja has a good heart, and that's clear -- even if she is a bit ditzy.

On a general note, the whole "they suck because they brag or exaggerate" is, IMO, one of our more hypocritical societal tendencies. A whole lot of people worship at the alter of materialism, but don't recognize that fault in themselves -- and act downright vicious if they feel someone is operating outside their acceptable case. Beth is one of these people. (So is Heather from the OC.) We wander around in a sea of marketing that's screaming "CONSUME MORE! VALUE MATERIAL STATUS!" But then when insecure people embellish their "material status" because they are cripplingly insecure, we kick them.

Anyway....yeah....Bethenny and Ramona may have finally - FINALLY turned me towards the light -- and away from BravoTV!

(Why don't I have the same compassion for Beth and Ramona as I do Sonja? Not sure yet, will have to think on it.)

So this morning I sat down with my coffee to catch the first 20 minutes of this train wreck because I tuned in too late last night. 

And switched it off with a bang and said, out loud, to my empty TV room, "What a load of crap."  This happened right after they gutted Sonja. 

I wanted to write all that you did and more.  Specifically wanted to add that, Beth, Ramona and Dorinda are horrible human beings. What a sickening display.  

• Love 9

Sonja hasn't hurt a single one of those ladies.

I don't understand how Ramona and Dorinda have both slurred on the show but it's Sonja who has the problem with booze. I admit, Ramona seems to be drinking less now that she's single, but Dorinda has NO right to patronize anyone over drinking. I did miss Ramonja's hijinks this season. Is it really because now-single Ramona doesn't want to be associated with Sonja's party-girl persona? Please. It was easy for her to feel protective of Sonja when she was married, but now that she's no longer with Mario, maybe she sees Sonja as competition? 

And all those women saying "it was just ONE NIGHT!" to Sonja expressing hurt feelings - I'm sure they too would have felt left out in that situation.

• Love 19
9 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

This is why I'm a tiny bit sympathetic towards Bethenny telling LuAnn about Tom. LuAnn was adamant that Bethenny could have told Dorinda, but Dorinda has been shady and gossipy all season. I just wouldn't trust her to not have that blowback on you if you were Bethenny. She sort instigated that entire Tom discussion on the yacht between Sonja and Ramona and then walked up to the deck and narc'd on them. Dorinda is someone I don't trust one bit based on her behavior this season. I don't believe that Bethenny was remotely motivated by altruism, but I think that Bethenny wants to appear that she is and I think that even if she had framed it an altruistic way Dorinda still would have taken the opportunity to fuck Bethenny over.

I'm always tickled when I hear LuAnn question why Bethenny asked if LuAnn and Tom were monogamous. Of all the shit that Bethenny has done, this question was the most defensible thing she did, especially since LuAnn has said many times in slightly different ways that her marriage to Alex was openish.

These assholes really can't even pretend to like Sonja.

Did Carole even need to be at the reunion?

Agree with all of this. 

I don't buy for one second the idea that it would have been better for Bethenny to speak to Dorinda about it first; Lu's primary objection was that she spoke to others about it before she said anything to Lu.

Dorinda grabbed her giant pot-stirring ladle and wondered, "Why tell now?" and I call BS on that, too, because had Bethenny immediately taken Lu aside, the objections would likely have sounded something like, "You had to tell her then, at the beginning of the party, embarrass her? You couldn't let her have her moment first? It had to be all about Bethenny again?" etc. 

The fact is, there's really no way to make that news good and there was no perfect time to tell it. Her shitty fiance made out with another woman at a bar, that's the problem, not when and how she was told.  But she's decided to forgive him and has to channel her anger somewhere. Dorinda, with her questioning Bethenny's motives, gave her an easy place to redirect it. 

Luann had me lolling with the "I did not say we had an open marriage!" Cut to scene of Luann saying, "We had an open marriage."

• Love 17

A couple of Carole's tweets from last night.  (she's getting into with another tweeter, I think) and it looks like the comments about her being old enough to be Jules mother hit a nerve.

Clipboard01.jpg

and there is this one about her dress choice:

Clipboard02.jpg

Edited by mwell345
  • Love 6

IndigoOscar@twitter has some reunion photoshops up, great stuff. Lu and Tom as Sandy and Danny from Grease, Beth as the Red Queen screaming "off with their heads" lots of cute pics My fave is the GOT where Bethenny is the "Shame Shame Shame" nun and Lu is Cersei

You don't have to be on twitter either (I'm not) just google it

Edited by Ki-in
  • Love 6
13 hours ago, Pickles said:

Bethenny's voice. OMG. The shrieky yammering. I cannot.

I don't disagree one bit about Beth's voice.  Very grating. I don't know if it's the voice itself or that frenetic, Adderall-fueled cadence, but good gawd, just shut UP lady.

12 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Thank God this is over! If I heard Lu say 'we're in love and getting married' one more time I was going to hurl! And what a cop out that they played up that Ramona knew 'something' and then it was nothing! 

It was also driving me nuts how squashed Jules, Sonja and Dorinda were on their couch. Get a longer couch next time Bravo!

All the positive bullshit remarks about each other at the end was stupid. I don't believe any of these women are real friends when the cameras turn off. 

But this?  Was just as grating. Lu's incessant need to remind us that Tom-Tom making just one teensy-tiny drunk faux pas is NO reflection on "their greatest love story every told" grew sadder each reunion episode.  Give it a rest, LuLaRoe.  He's a cheater and will cheat again.  Possibly before you walk down the aisle, but definitely after. Good luck with that.

12 hours ago, ExplainItAgain said:

Those were some backhanded compliments about Sonja from Dorinda and LuAnn. Wow, Sonja, great job pulling yourself out of the bottom of the shit pile that was your life for the past few years.

LOL right?  Talk about damning somebody with faint praise.  Geeze louise.  I mean, certainly Sonja has her issues, but damn, so do ALL of them. And for Drunkie Dory to be talking about somebody else's problems with booze is really the martini glass calling the vodka clear.   

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 15

I was glad Lu didn't take the bait when Carole and Bethenny were trying to make an analogy of Lu's open marriage and Bethenny's situation.  Bethenny - her point was not that she gave a flying fig about you being separated and dating a (maybe not) separated man.  Her point was that you are an effing hypocrite for calling her every name in the slut thesaurus when you aren't exactly a paragon of virtue.

Except that at the end of the hour Lu admitted that she 'had bad information' which I guess is Lu speak for she lied and she apologized to Bethenny.  The point she didn't take the bait on was that she kept Tom's identity from Sonja and Ramona because it was new and she wanted a week or so before she talked about it.  Which is EXACTLY what Carole said when Lu started that fight last year.  So that's Countess rules.  Also Countess rules are that you talk over EVERYONE'S answer to questions from Andy.  You don't ever shut up.  I don't know if it was the edit monkey's but until Ramona shusshed her like the little child she was acting, she just didn't hut up.  If I cared enough I would have yelled at the tv STFU and let someone, anyone answer other than you.

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

Except that at the end of the hour Lu admitted that she 'had bad information' which I guess is Lu speak for she lied and she apologized to Bethenny.  The point she didn't take the bait on was that she kept Tom's identity from Sonja and Ramona because it was new and she wanted a week or so before she talked about it.  Which is EXACTLY what Carole said when Lu started that fight last year.  So that's Countess rules.  Also Countess rules are that you talk over EVERYONE'S answer to questions from Andy.  You don't ever shut up.  I don't know if it was the edit monkey's but until Ramona shusshed her like the little child she was acting, she just didn't hut up.  If I cared enough I would have yelled at the tv STFU and let someone, anyone answer other than you.

Lu was upset because of her niece. She admitted it was a family thing and that she should have handled things differently. Most people actually get more upset when a dear family member is hurt than if they had been hurt themselves. Lu's inner mama Bear came out when her niece was hurt. Completely understandable, she apologized, moved on but Carole is a supreme grudge holder and just can't let anything go. 

• Love 23
7 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

"Opinions are like assholes -- we've all got one."  Wow, this is your sole attempt at humor for the season, Bethenny?  How original & hilarious.  Yeah, get off my jock, hun.

This just reinforces Bethy isn't as original, witty, or humorous as she thinks she is or she'd know the Veev's already used this one wait, how many years ago, in her "It's for the children" tirade against Ramonja.

• Love 15
11 hours ago, Pickles said:

Why is Carole even there?

They do a group hug at the end, but Bethenny remains seated?!

Don't know why Carole is there either.  Loved the way Luann kept telling her to shut up during the reunion or just ignoring her.  I was also wtf when Bethenny didn't participate in the group hug.  Guess she's up here and the rest of them are down there.

• Love 19
28 minutes ago, Ki-in said:

18 years Carole, you are 18 years older than Jules and 23 years older than Adam.

Carole kept up the age argument last night.  So very strange considering her mother had her at 18 years old.  I suppose her mother is the same generation as she is. 

• Love 24
1 hour ago, archer1267 said:

Or it could be that we DID see the worst of the pile-on and she's incredibly thin-skinned. This is someone who admitted that her diatribe in the Berkshires had 8 years of pent-up hostility behind it. This is someone who called John's comments at the bra party "coming for [her]." (Whereas I'm sure if she would have just said hello and bitten her tongue he wouldn't have brought up the Skinny Cow thing.)

I said a while back that Bethenny's become more and more like her old frenemy, Jill Zarin, and her standing up and threatening to walk off stage, saying "I can't/won't do this," sealed it for me.

Thin skinned indeed coupled with an inability to accept anyone's view but her own.  Wow, this milquetoast 3 part (?!??! why) reunion has B questioning her continuing with the show, really??

• Love 14
34 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

When you rely on gossip that is what you do.  You blame the source. It is not as if Luann pulled the Dennis Shields rumors out of this air, they had been in mainstream media.  Bethenny has yet to apologize for claiming Jules went on the show to get a divorce.  Just because Jules ended up getting a divorce does not mean she went on the show to get a divorce or more importantly told a mutual friend there was a pre-nup.  Bethenny's source was incorrect and she should have said the same.

Tom did exactly what Adam did.  Adam first told Nicole about his relationship with Carole, Tom told Sonja he had met Luann and liked her.  So the guys first went to the ex instead of telling their new love interest.   I don't see the big difference.  If it was the correct way for Carole to go, why is it wrong when Luann does it?  If Luann was wrong in the Adam situation, then why would she repeat the same unacceptable behavior?

Carole, Luann, Bethenny, Dorinda all were guilty of interrupting.  It is annoying but it is their reality.  Only BH and OC seem to let the others finish a thought before interjecting, unless it is Tamra.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 13
11 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Did you notice though, that when Sonja threatened to walk out, she said she wanted to sit on the other couch and Ramona told her "NO", to go back to the other couch! LOL Yep, that's "real friend" Ramona for you Sonja! LOL

I didn't notice that but I did notice that when Bethenny said she was leaving Dorinda said...okay.  Ha!  Laughed my ass off on that shade!

• Love 23
14 minutes ago, OFDgal said:

Don't know why Carole is there either.  Loved the way Luann kept telling her to shut up during the reunion or just ignoring her. 

Ramona put her hand on Carole's arm to shush her, twice, that I saw.  Holla used to do this to her all the time.  Just shut.her.down. 

Carole has to know what they're doing and it can't feel good.  You can see the frustration on her face.  Last night, the others told her that she allows herself to get steamrolled.

If Carole is back next year, I can see her adopting some of her bestie, Bethenny's, brashness.  Just to prove that she's not a complete pushover.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, archer1267 said:

Or it could be that we DID see the worst of the pile-on and she's incredibly thin-skinned. This is someone who admitted that her diatribe in the Berkshires had 8 years of pent-up hostility behind it. This is someone who called John's comments at the bra party "coming for [her]." (Whereas I'm sure if she would have just said hello and bitten her tongue he wouldn't have brought up the Skinny Cow thing.)

I said a while back that Bethenny's become more and more like her old frenemy, Jill Zarin, and her standing up and threatening to walk off stage, saying "I can't/won't do this," sealed it for me.

There has never been anything "pent-up" about Bethy's hostility!

• Love 19
12 hours ago, retired watcher said:

I can't stand Luann. She is a nasty piece of work with an agenda to ruin Betheny. And Dorinda is as far up Luann's ass as they say Carol is up Betheny's. 

Yeah, the whoreslutfuckdoll was trying to ruin Bethenny...

• Love 14
1 hour ago, mwell345 said:

A couple of Carole's tweets from last night.  (she's getting into with another tweeter, I think) and it looks like the comments about her being old enough to be Jules mother hit a nerve.

Clipboard01.jpg

and there is this one about her dress choice:

Clipboard02.jpg

Thanks for that.  What a snarky bitch.  She is certainly not "feminine, elegant, soft and understated."  Go Away.

Edited by OFDgal
forgot one quote sign
  • Love 13
40 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Carole kept up the age argument last night.  So very strange considering her mother had her at 18 years old.  I suppose her mother is the same generation as she is. 

Hahaha. Someone should tweet that to her to shut her up.

• Love 19
18 minutes ago, ryebread said:

Ramona put her hand on Carole's arm to shush her, twice, that I saw.  Holla used to do this to her all the time.  Just shut.her.down. 

Carole has to know what they're doing and it can't feel good.  You can see the frustration on her face.  Last night, the others told her that she allows herself to get steamrolled.

If Carole is back next year, I can see her adopting some of her bestie, Bethenny's, brashness.  Just to prove that she's not a complete pushover.

Yup!  I was gonna post the same thing.  I saw Ramona do it twice also.

6 minutes ago, mwell345 said:

Weird tweet from Ramona.  Was she not there?  And why tweet it to Andy? What is her point, unless she's just trying to make sure it's pointed out.

Clipboard03.jpg

Ooooh...good for Ramona.  I don't do twitter so please keep us updated if Andy or Bethenny reply.

• Love 7
55 minutes ago, CyberJawa1986 said:

This just reinforces Bethy isn't as original, witty, or humorous as she thinks she is or she'd know the Veev's already used this one wait, how many years ago, in her "It's for the children" tirade against Ramonja.

Yes that was a lame quote but I did love Dorinda's quick response well that's an asshole opinion. Bath looked a little caught off guard.

16 minutes ago, OFDgal said:

Thanks for that.  What a snarky bitch.  She is certainly not "feminine, elegant, soft and understated."  Go Away.

I thought it looked just like a housewife. Trying to hard, old and beige.

• Love 17

I think "fuck doll" falls just slightly under "zero fucks," "we're getting married," and "soul mates" on my List of Phrases I Hope to Never Read or Hear Again after this reunion ends (or the "lost footage" episode airs, if there is one?)  

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, mwell345 said:

Weird tweet from Ramona.  Was she not there?  And why tweet it to Andy? What is her point, unless she's just trying to make sure it's pointed out.

Moaner was probably too busy standing up and trying to smooth out her Spanx to notice that Beth hadn't joined in. 

I was surprised Carole didn't remain seated as a show of solidarity with Beth.   She was slow to the huddle, almost tripped on Beth's foot and joined the hug rather awkwardly.  She gets left out, and then leans over to kiss Ramona's back who is the one who excluded her from the hug in the first place. Awkward.

Don't make me start feeling sorry for you, Writer Girl.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

5 minutes of these broads screaming at each other was more than I could take.  Got a headache & tuned out.

Sheesh, Sonja is a fool.  Hey, Sonja, you ain't goin' to St. Tropez in July-- unless it's in your head with John John.

"Opinions are like assholes -- we've all got one."  Wow, this is your sole attempt at humor for the season, Bethenny?  How original & hilarious.  Yeah, get off my jock, hun.

Bethenny is like a talking robot, who's memory bank stores semi-funny, most often already-been-said retorts and comebacks, and spits them out at the appropriate time.

I've heard that phrase about opinions about a million times - it was only funny the first ten times.  BUT - Dorinda's response "Well, that's an asshole opinion" was pure gold, and I will remember that one!  :-)

• Love 18
1 hour ago, Ki-in said:

Lu was upset because of her niece. She admitted it was a family thing and that she should have handled things differently. Most people actually get more upset when a dear family member is hurt than if they had been hurt themselves. Lu's inner mama Bear came out when her niece was hurt. Completely understandable, she apologized, moved on but Carole is a supreme grudge holder and just can't let anything go. 

Seemed like Carole did a nice job of letting it go. 

• Love 6
35 minutes ago, ryebread said:

I noticed that too, but Carole did the same to Ramona. It was when Ramona was chastising Lu for only mentioning what she considered superficial traits about Tom (they laughed all the time, enjoyed the same sports, etc.) and Ramona thought she should be talking about his "deeper" qualities. Ramona looked like a fool and Carole put her hand on Ramona to shut her up and told her that Lu could love whatever she wanted about him. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Ki-in said:

No montage of Carole's stellar season? This is the year she really brought it: dog shit in a cup, getting hung up on face time, the cookbook that never was, the dog wedding and planning her break up. Oh, and being a bitch and eating the hot dog but bringing none back even though everyone said they wanted a one.  Why no highlight reel? 

Because there were no "highlights"??  If Carole were to leave, I wouldn't even notice...she bores me!  

• Love 6
2 hours ago, archer1267 said:

So Bethenny left the Reunion with "a new wound?" Enough with the martyrdom routine. Here's how it works, doll: if you call someone names enough, accuse them on camera of sleeping with everyone in Manhattan, sleeping with married men, etc. they're eventually going to fight back, and fight hard, and you won't like it. What can't you grasp about that?

Bethenny can't grasp that because she thinks that she is the only one who is allowed to express her opinion about everything and everyone, and in any manner she chooses.  No one else is allowed to express an opinion that is different than hers, or that may be critical of her.  That was evident when she mentioned several times last night how "angry" Dorinda seemed.  And yes, Dorinda was angry - deseveredly so.  I loved when Andy commented that both Bethenny and Dorinda seemed angry - I don't think Bethenny appreciated that.

• Love 18