Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E23: Reunion Part 3

• Start Topic

Just had to laugh at Lu's recital of Tom's wonderful qualities - "We have the same sense of humor, we like the same sports, HE'S JUST LIKE ME!"  Ramona was right to point out that usually people mention things like character, intelligence, kindness, loyalty, honesty, etc. when asked that question.  Nothing wrong wth Lu's answers as PART of a list, but they were her ENTIRE list.

• Love 22

I could understand why Sonja was upset about not being invited to the Berkshires during the season, but at this point she should be thanking them for not inviting her to that shit show.  Man up Sonja!  

Carole didn't get her own segment on this three part reunion, correct?  I hope that means her boring ass is off my tv forever.

• Love 11
14 minutes ago, TomGirl said:

Just had to laugh at Lu's recital of Tom's wonderful qualities - "We have the same sense of humor, we like the same sports, HE'S JUST LIKE ME!"  Ramona was right to point out that usually people mention things like character, intelligence, kindness, loyalty, honesty, etc. when asked that question.  Nothing wrong wth Lu's answers as PART of a list, but they were her ENTIRE list.

Well they should be qualities that she values because she is the one with him so if with her answer she is basically saying that they get each other, they have the same interests and the same values (just like me) than I don't see how that is a bad foundation.  I personally wouldn't answer the way Ramona thinks most people would.  But I also didn't make a checklist of qualities I wanted in a mate, it all went with gut feelings and seeing if we are compatible which often will take into consideration Ramona's well thought out list but if you don't think of life in those terms you won't express them in those terms. 

• Love 21
19 minutes ago, TomGirl said:

That was pretty funny, although Ramona communicates so poorly she always comes off as ridiculous. I got her point, but it doesn't sound like Tom has any of the qualities she was naming, so Lu has to just stick with "he's really funny". When she was talking about how much they have in common, I was thinking these were the truest words Lu has ever uttered. They both like to cheat, and they both like to bring their friends in to help with the cover-up. Maybe they really are soul mates. 

• Love 21

Oh you think John’s Dry Cleaning Party was a better place for me? Bwahahaha

On a side note

She is the straw that stirs the drink.

She no longer drinks but she still wants a straw to stir.

With the dating pool on the UES dwindling and the loss of her MetroCard LuVah , Sonja is packing her bags.

She’s off to re-kindle her Harlequin Romance with some Pirate’s Straw…

Word on the street just reached T&C dude….

Jack-Sparrow-Scared-In-The-Jungle.gif

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Love 5
14 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Maybe they really are soul mates. 

When the cheating came to light, I felt sorry for Lu.  And I've never liked her.  But I felt she deserved better.  All women and men deserve better than to be cheated on, one week into an engagement.

But the more I watched, and the more gloaty and obstinate she became about what is clearly a disaster waiting to happen - I stopped feeling sorry for her.  Maybe she needs this kind of drama in her relationships.  Maybe they both do.  Whatever makes ya happy.  I can't feel sorry for someone who is so glowy and seemingly thrilled with what she's gotten herself into.

• Love 24
9 hours ago, ivygirl said:

I really wish Ramona hadn't started that trend of getting off the couch on these reunions... So contrived now.

Dorinda's impression of a village idiot was one of the few things I've truly laughed at on these shows for a while! (The other is probably something Shannon did or said.)

LOL! I've been pondering the similarities between Dorinda and LVP. On the surface they're not all that alike, but they're funny, sly, and they like to stir the pot and pretend they don't. They're far from perfect but I find them the most enjoyable. (Them, and Shannon. I like Jules but she took a while to come out of her shell... I am bummed she won't be back though.)

LVP is still my top draft pick on my Fantasy Real Housewife Team, but Dorinda's my kicker. Or punter. Or some other sports metaphor. 

I love Dorinda.  She's my fav Housewife.

• Love 9
13 hours ago, PerPlexied said:

Am I the only one who caught Dorinda's "you stupid idiot!" to Sonja? Me thinks Dorinda is a nasty piece of work. 

I agree.  Also, Luann was calling Sonja delusional and crazy. Luann, you were a guest in her home. Some friend......

• Love 13
3 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

As of New Years Day 2017, Luanne D’ouchegastino &  EVine will launch her new lifestyle brand starting with a clothing line & bedding

The clothing line is called The Commoner

The bedding line is called The Screwd-ly-weds

If the public takes to her line, Tom will also launch a Men’s wearline called Commes Des GarBage.

All note Tom’s line is not a cheater brand…he’s just a cheater

I think there is also a perfume called "Cackle and Gloat"

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

After the way that Lu treated Carole last year, was forgiven for it, and then continued to treat her at the reunion, I just don't get why anyone thinks it is so fab. 

My read on this is that because everyone hates Bethenny so much and Carole is her bestie, it's basically guilt by association.  People keep wanting to make it look like Carole was such an awful person but I'm totally unconvinced. 

• Love 18
1 minute ago, motorcitymom65 said:

After the way that Lu treated Carole last year, was forgiven for it, and then continued to treat her at the reunion, I just don't get why anyone thinks it is so fab. 

I agree.    Luann called Carole a pedophile.    Slink back to the Regency bathroom Luann, you are booked up a year in advance.  

• Love 11
11 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Why does the fact that Lu was such a raging bitch to Carole make people happy? 

Because Satan Andy won't let anyone come for Bethenny at least Lu can go after Carole, Bethenny's mouthpiece. In ice hockey there's a penalty for 3rd man in on a fight because it becomes grossly unfair and dangerous when it's 2 on 1. I'm happy Carole gets stepped on for 3rd man in, personally. I don't think Lu totally loathes Carole she is directed her Bethenny anger at Carole for parroting (pirate-ing ha?) in. 

• Love 19
3 hours ago, Jel said:

Agree with all of this. 

I don't buy for one second the idea that it would have been better for Bethenny to speak to Dorinda about it first; Lu's primary objection was that she spoke to others about it before she said anything to Lu.

Dorinda grabbed her giant pot-stirring ladle and wondered, "Why tell now?" and I call BS on that, too, because had Bethenny immediately taken Lu aside, the objections would likely have sounded something like, "You had to tell her then, at the beginning of the party, embarrass her? You couldn't let her have her moment first? It had to be all about Bethenny again?" etc. 

The fact is, there's really no way to make that news good and there was no perfect time to tell it. Her shitty fiance made out with another woman at a bar, that's the problem, not when and how she was told.  But she's decided to forgive him and has to channel her anger somewhere. Dorinda, with her questioning Bethenny's motives, gave her an easy place to redirect it. 

Luann had me lolling with the "I did not say we had an open marriage!" Cut to scene of Luann saying, "We had an open marriage."

2 hours ago, QuinnM said:

Except that at the end of the hour Lu admitted that she 'had bad information' which I guess is Lu speak for she lied and she apologized to Bethenny.  The point she didn't take the bait on was that she kept Tom's identity from Sonja and Ramona because it was new and she wanted a week or so before she talked about it.  Which is EXACTLY what Carole said when Lu started that fight last year.  So that's Countess rules.  Also Countess rules are that you talk over EVERYONE'S answer to questions from Andy.  You don't ever shut up.  I don't know if it was the edit monkey's but until Ramona shusshed her like the little child she was acting, she just didn't hut up.  If I cared enough I would have yelled at the tv STFU and let someone, anyone answer other than you.

LuAnn's first instinct is to lie, lie and lie.  Lie, cover up and 'do as I say, not as I do' are her go to moves......LieAnn is the most accurate nickname ever.

I really think Tom is the male version of her, he's a liar, too!  I totally believe they are soulmates. 

• Love 20
3 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Not picking on this post, but I've read this a lot (more last week). Why does the fact that Lu was such a raging bitch to Carole make people happy? Carole was happy for Lu. She was happier than almost anyone else. Lu said this herself. In one of the segments that got cut (it's on the Bravo site), Lu said that the gift that Carole gave to her at the pre-engagement party is kept on her bedside table because it is exquisite and she loves it. Carole forgave Lu. She was better to Lu about Tom than either Ramona or Sonja, yet for some reason Lu was so incredibly nasty to Carole. After the way that Lu treated Carole last year, was forgiven for it, and then continued to treat her at the reunion, I just don't get why anyone thinks it is so fab. 

I don't think it's fab.  I just wish Carole would get a clue and see that, imo, she has been used by everyone she thinks is such a good friend to her and those that she's been a good friend to.  And I see shades of Adam doing the same - taking her for granted. Not always, but often enough for me to wonder what he/they are like, together, on the daily.

That's one of the things that frustrates me about her and makes it hard to respect her.  She tries to portray herself as an independent professional yet allows herself to be perceived as a lazy doormat.  She's been given opportunities that others would kill for, yet she just wallows in her wallfloweriness. 

Do I want her to become a ragey bitch like Beth?  Nope.  Or a stealth, cunning bitch like Lu?  Nyet to that, too.  I want her to step out of her box and be authentic and be heard.  And if she can't make herself be heard, then cut the puppet strings and walk away from this mess and start "planning for the future" or "living in the present".  Or something.  Anything.  Please, God.  For all that is holy.  Do something.

• Love 19
11 minutes ago, esco1822 said:

My read on this is that because everyone hates Bethenny so much and Carole is her bestie, it's basically guilt by association.  People keep wanting to make it look like Carole was such an awful person but I'm totally unconvinced. 

I think this is true, and it is interesting to me, but generally this seems to be the way it works. Only the things that Carole does that are in line with what Beth does every get mentioned. You hardly heard "boo" out of anyone  when Carole was so gracious to Lu at that party. She was the kindest person to Lu, something that Lu herself remarked on. Considering what went down between them, it was remarkable, but hardly remarked upon. She gave Lu a beautiful, thoughtful gift, and did take part in her engagement party. She reported back to Beth that Lu seemed happy, looked great, and seemed to be in love. Last night she stopped Ramona when she was going in on Lu about Tom's qualities, telling Ramona that Lu had the right to love whatever she wanted about Tom. This stuff rarely gets discussed and she gets zero credit for it because she is friends with Beth. None of the good stuff is ever discussed, just the bad stuff. It must be incredibly frustrating for her, again, because of all that Lu did to her last season. 

During the first half of the season, when Carole lamented that she didn't want a friendship with Lu, folks went in on her hard. Why couldn't she just forgive and forget? What kind of a person holds on to such anger? She's on a Reality show FFS where they are supposed to interact. She was hammered away at for that for weeks on end. Then she did move on, but no one cared because of the first half of the season and her friendship with Beth. Juxtapose that with what is going on over on the OC show. Shannon cannot forgive Vicki, and has made the same comment that she doesn't want to be friends with her. Folks are on Shannon's side and think she should stick to her guns. Why should she go to the ER to see someone who hurt her? IMO if the same thing would have happened on this show, and Carole would have made the exact same statements about Lu, she would have had to join the witness protection program, because that kind of behavior would not have been tolerated. Not by Carole. 

• Love 16

LuAnn's first instinct is to lie, lie and lie.  Lie, cover up and 'do as I say, not as I do' are her go to moves......LieAnn is the most accurate nickname ever.

I have a feeling Dorinda has had it as well.  She refused to go along with the Lu memo that said Lu came back and checked into a hotel.  Turns out Lu and Tom were together and the next day phoning Dorinda from (the now famous) Regency!  Lu was furious.  Poor Dorinda, come home to my house.  Nonsense Dorinda, Lu and Tom need to figure out how to salvage their story line.  They can't be up in your home with witnesses.

And that is why Carole, Sonja, Ramona and Bethenny call her Lieann.

Thank heavens Jules got out her reading glasses on Lu's memo and just STFU.  Except for the unfortunate point that she had ex-girlfriends in her wedding.  Yes, Lu, you too can have a husband just like mine.  Oh wait, you do! Loved Jeff Lewis on WWHL saying how sad it was that Lieann was taking responsibility for Tom's kiss (not cheating) because she had a fight with him.  Damn you Lu, you made me kiss that clutches.

And Bethenny will be signing for another season.  She was trending #5 on Twitter.  That's impressive.

• Love 10

I generally love the reunion shows but I just feel exhausted after this.

The other Howives should be grateful that LuAnn is around because without her and the Tom storyline, there was really nothing much.  

Whatever poster said he/she was changing Carole's forum name from STFU Carole to Non Motherfucking Factor Carole, I salute you.

I still love to hate watch Ramona, I can't help it.  She's always entertaining, whether it's frustrating entertainment, anger entertainment or miffed entertainment.

I don't get why Bethenny couldn't admit that maybe, just maybe she handled the Tom photos thing poorly.  Just apologize to Lu and tell her with hindsight, you didn't handle it the way you could have.  Very simple.  Obviously B is one of those people that just cannot admit when she's wrong.  I cannot stand people like that.

I find Dorinda interesting to watch but I feel like I should always be giving her the side eye and watching my back for her stealth ninja like moves.  I don't think she's nearly the peacemaker she wants us to believe she is.  And she's proven to be a very belligerent drunk. 

Deep down, I think Sonja is a decent person.  She's certainly been loopy in the past and yeah, her home is definitely Grey Gardens-ish but I think she's a genuine, good friend which is more than some of these Hos can say.  In fact, if I had to choose just one of them to be friends/hang out with, it would probably be Sonja.

• Love 4

I've always said that LuAnn is a chauvinist. She not only has different standards for men and women, she believes that men are more right than wrong. And damn if her answer for her one regret this season prove that. Her one regret is fighting with Tom so that he wouldn't...have to go off and cheat on her....somehow she's managed to reframe his transgression and betrayal as her fault. LuAnn is a damn pathetic disaster.

• Love 21
3 hours ago, Ki-in said:

Lu was upset because of her niece. She admitted it was a family thing and that she should have handled things differently. Most people actually get more upset when a dear family member is hurt than if they had been hurt themselves. Lu's inner mama Bear came out when her niece was hurt. Completely understandable, she apologized, moved on but Carole is a supreme grudge holder and just can't let anything go. 

Lu's inner mama bear, agonized over her dear niece's pain, only surfaced after Lu's inner elitist "Carole picked up the help in my kitchen" stance. 

Lu's reasoning was all over the place.  Adam was the help, he was a member of the family, Carole stole him from Nicole (women and their clutches).  As to holding a grudge - whatever.  That can happen when someone calls you a pedophile. 

• Love 20
1 hour ago, Castina said:

Haven't watched part 3 and still don't think I want to.  The whole generation thing can't simply be put down to "old enough to be someone's mother". 

Baby Boomer Generation: 1945-1964 

• Carole born 1963

Generation X: 1965-1980

• This is my group and I suspect where all the other women, aside from Jules and Carole, fall.

Actually, all of them except Ramona and Bethenny are on the edge of their generation cutoffs, possibly muddying the waters.

Ramona was born in 1956, most definitely a Baby Boomer.

Both Sonja and Carole were born in 1963--technically Baby Boomers.  But Carole does "read" to me a little younger than Sonja (not an accident on Carole's part, obviously).  Without knowing their ages, I would have pegged Sonja as a Baby Boomer and Carole as probably Generation X.

LuAnn and Dorinda were both born in 1965, making both of them technically Generation X by a whisker, but without knowing their actual ages, I've always unconsciously considered them to be part of my Baby Boomer cohort.

Bethenny was born in 1970, making her solidly Generation X.  I think Jules was born in 1982, which puts her just outside Generation X; I don't have an opinion on her because I've reached the age where I can't tell how old anybody is if they're under 40.

Adding to these boundary conditions is that I think the landscape is changing.  I called all of my parents' friends Mr. So-and-So and Mrs. So-and-So for their entire lives, even when I was in my 40s, yet all my friends' kids call me by my first name.  Hell, Mr. Outlier's mother is 13 years older than I am and I just couldn't bring myself to call her by her first name--I just never use her name at all.  LOL. 

1 hour ago, njbchlover said:

I've heard that phrase about opinions about a million times - it was only funny the first ten times.  BUT - Dorinda's response "Well, that's an asshole opinion" was pure gold, and I will remember that one!  :-)

What a great retort.  I can't believe I'd never heard it before--it's perfect and I'm going to steal it.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, ryebread said:

So this morning I sat down with my coffee to catch the first 20 minutes of this train wreck because I tuned in too late last night. 

And switched it off with a bang and said, out loud, to my empty TV room, "What a load of crap."  This happened right after they gutted Sonja. 

I wanted to write all that you did and more.  Specifically wanted to add that, Beth, Ramona and Dorinda are horrible human beings. What a sickening display.  

That's alright.  When Bethenny said she was leaving I yelled out loud, "Good!  No one wants you there anyway, Bitch!" My husband was in the other room.  He didn't say anything though.  He and my kids are used to me yelling at the housewives and occasionally General Hospital also. Lol!

• Love 11
14 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

She reported back to Beth that Lu seemed happy, looked great, and seemed to be in love. Last night she stopped Ramona when she was going in on Lu about Tom's qualities, telling Ramona that Lu had the right to love whatever she wanted about Tom. This stuff rarely gets discussed and she gets zero credit for it because she is friends with Beth. None of the good stuff is ever discussed, just the bad stuff. It must be incredibly frustrating for her, again, because of all that Lu did to her last season. 

For me, Carole's supposed goodness, is overshadowed by what I've seen of her in the past.  Unlike how these women can forgive transgressions so easily, I'm just not built that way.  Yes, she reported back to Beth about how Lu looked happy and great and in love, but in my head, she and Beth then went off on how delusional Luann is and laughed their asses off about it.  Because Beth admitted that that's the way girlfriends act.  And I've seen Carole act like that before.

Even the bolded part - if you're like me and always questioning her motives because I've seen how she rolls and who she rolls with, I looked at that scene differently.  Look at it again through my eyes - as someone who thinks it's really VERY possible it was backhanded.  Ramona said, these reasons "aren't why you marry someone."  And Carole said, "But that's maybe why SHE does. It's okay.  Everyone makes different decisions for their lives."  Like, let that dumbass do what she wants.  We all know this won't end well. 

A stretch?  Perhaps.  But this is just how I've come to view Carole over these past 2 seasons. 

• Love 15
51 minutes ago, esco1822 said:

Kind of like people hating on toddlers because they despise the grandmother. 

• Love 5

My apologies if this has been covered already, still reading the other comments - Bethenny said on WWHL that she had a one hundred something degree fever the day of the Reunion shooting.  I thought maybe that was why she looked like a corpse and was sporting the goat chewed hair.  Maybe it's also why she didn't hop up for the group hug. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, TomGirl said:

I chuckled at that too - so you like the same sports? - but when Ramona chimed in, I immediately thought "is that really how you would have described Mario, Ramona?" After all, a couple of seasons ago she talked disparagingly of Heather's husband (whom I always liked) and his lack of charisma and virility, relative to a Real Man like Mario. Lol. 

(Maybe these are the traits that Ramona's learned to prioritize now?)

• Love 12

Carole seems so unimportant because she has no identity of her own.  First and foremost she is Bethenny's co-signer and apologist.  Secondly, she is Adam's "girlfriend".  (Sad when someone has over 20 years more life experience than her partner, yet seems peculiarly less accomplished by comparison.)  And, thirdly, she is a "famous writer" who does not write.  With Carole, there is no there there.

• Love 17
3 hours ago, Ki-in said:
4 hours ago, QuinnM said:

Except that at the end of the hour Lu admitted that she 'had bad information' which I guess is Lu speak for she lied and she apologized to Bethenny.  The point she didn't take the bait on was that she kept Tom's identity from Sonja and Ramona because it was new and she wanted a week or so before she talked about it.  Which is EXACTLY what Carole said when Lu started that fight last year.  So that's Countess rules.  Also Countess rules are that you talk over EVERYONE'S answer to questions from Andy.  You don't ever shut up.  I don't know if it was the edit monkey's but until Ramona shusshed her like the little child she was acting, she just didn't hut up.  If I cared enough I would have yelled at the tv STFU and let someone, anyone answer other than you.

Lu was upset because of her niece. She admitted it was a family thing and that she should have handled things differently. Most people actually get more upset when a dear family member is hurt than if they had been hurt themselves. Lu's inner mama Bear came out when her niece was hurt. Completely understandable, she apologized, moved on but Carole is a supreme grudge holder and just can't let anything go. 

Luann was never really upset for her niece.  Luann is self absorbed and has little it any empathy for others.  She was angry and jealous because she wanted Adam for herself.  Her excuse for being angry at Carole was a cover for her losing out on Adam to Carole.  She was/is trying to save face.  For a superficial Luann image is everything.

• Love 7
15 hours ago, PerPlexied said:

Am I the only one who caught Dorinda's "you stupid idiot!" to Sonja? Me thinks Dorinda is a nasty piece of work. 

I caught it too, and my response was to quote Alex McCord....we have a new Thug in a Cocktail Dress.  Dorinda is quite nasty, but she plays it off and gets a pass for the most part.  I don't really think Dorinda has much room to talk about any of these women, for all her moralizing and preaching.  She's gone from teaching to preaching to use her own words.....and I don't think she and Jules have much room to talk about Carole and Bethenny, seeing as how they've both decided to implant their own heads in the other ass, they make an infinity loop!

• Love 7

She was angry and jealous because she wanted Adam for herself.  Her

Before there was a first date, during that episode when Carole was being all flirty with Adam I remember wondering if Luann had a little on the side with Adam when Noel wasn't home. 

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

Before there was a first date, during that episode when Carole was being all flirty with Adam I remember wondering if Luann had a little on the side with Adam when Noel wasn't home. 

And the way she greeted him kind of said the same thing.  

• Love 4
50 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Actually, all of them except Ramona and Bethenny are on the edge of their generation cutoffs, possibly muddying the waters.

Ramona was born in 1956, most definitely a Baby Boomer.

I didn't realize Ramona was that much older than the others.  

But as my post was made regarding Carole´s tweet basically saying she was the same generation as Jules the fact is she isn't.  While Carole is on the edge of the Baby Boomer generation and Jules makes it by a hair in the Millenials  they have Generation X between them.  She needs to deal with that ;)

• Love 14
2 hours ago, njbchlover said:

Because there were no "highlights"??  If Carole were to leave, I wouldn't even notice...she bores me!  

If Carole left it would take me a while to notice.  There would have to be a dinner scene and I would notice I wasn't nauseated.  Then I would realize I hadn't been watching Cletus chewing. 

• Love 8
14 hours ago, WireWrap said:

On twitter she was called out for not joining in with the group hug, she blamed having strep, even though she had been on antibiotics for 48 hours, so no longer contagious. Also, for someone that claims strep, she never sounded like she had a sore throat, Andy did, but not Bethenny.

I am not defending Bethenny at all, but just wanted to clarify about strep.  It's not always throat related, and sometimes you can be a carrier and not always know it.  Many a times, I had strep (usually strep throat) and did not know except that I was tested when I would bring in my daughter to get a swab test due to her having a sore throat.  Not Fair, doctors, not fair!!  However, if she was on antibiotics for 48 hours, she should no longer be contagious, and should not use that as an excuse.

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, Castina said:

I didn't realize Ramona was that much older than the others.  

But as my post was made regarding Carole´s tweet basically saying she was the same generation as Jules the fact is she isn't.  While Carole is on the edge of the Baby Boomer generation and Jules makes it by a hair in the Millenials  they have Generation X between them.  She needs to deal with that ;)

I think the distinct years of when a generation officially ends and begins are murky...as you mention, they are both on the cusp of being in one generation or the other.  That said, since they are both on the edge, it could be argued that they are both of the generation in the middle, Gen X.  They say a generation is around 20 years, and there are 17ish years between them,  so it also stands to reason that it could be that Carole is the beginning of Gen X and Jules is at the end. 

Edited by shoegal
  • Love 2

Unless I'm missing something, Bethenny is a one-hit wonder.  Skinny Girl is it, and she ain't got no more.  

All her other endeavors seem to be inline with what the other housewives do...i.e. simply slapping their name on products.  There is no creativity there, no unique product development, etc.  I'm not even convinced Skinny Girl was her idea.  LuAnne + Skinny Cow seem to have been her core inspirations (despite the fact that she claims otherwise).   Yeah, she took it, ran with it, and scored a touch down, and I know that matters, but she was given the gift of the idea by others.

The other thing is that I think we've seen a cap on Bethenny's intelligence.  Dorinda surpasses her by a mile, IMO.   I even think LuAnne has an edge over her in this department.  

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 22
32 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

Luann was never really upset for her niece.  Luann is self absorbed and has little it any empathy for others.  She was angry and jealous because she wanted Adam for herself.  Her excuse for being angry at Carole was a cover for her losing out on Adam to Carole.  She was/is trying to save face.  For a superficial Luann image is everything.

If Carole even thought for a second that Luann wanted Adam for herself she would be shouting it from the rooftops and putting billboards up all over town.  I am sure she grilled Adam like a Guantanamo prisoner for hours, days and weeks on end hoping he'd say that so she could have even more ammo. I am sure Adam shut that rumor down as it has never come up, not once. Even Carole knows that was not the case and she hates Lu and has not even brought that up once. 

• Love 17
7 minutes ago, Maccagirl said:

I am not defending Bethenny at all, but just wanted to clarify about strep.  It's not always throat related, and sometimes you can be a carrier and not always know it.  Many a times, I had strep (usually strep throat) and did not know except that I was tested when I would bring in my daughter to get a swab test due to her having a sore throat.  Not Fair, doctors, not fair!!  However, if she was on antibiotics for 48 hours, she should no longer be contagious, and should not use that as an excuse.

Bethenny went to the Dr.s because she had an elevated temp and a sore throat and was put on antibiotics 48 hours before they filmed the reunion. She was not contagious, she is trying to use that as an excuse for not joining in on the group hug so that no one realizes that she is just that cold/venomous of a bitch.

• Love 22
1 minute ago, WireWrap said:

Bethenny went to the Dr.s because she had an elevated temp and a sore throat and was put on antibiotics 48 hours before they filmed the reunion. She was not contagious, she is trying to use that as an excuse for not joining in on the group hug so that no one realizes that she is just that cold/venomous of a bitch.

I don't know about you people, but if you've had a positive strep test just 48 hours ago, even if you are on antibiotics, you can keep your hugs to yourself thank you very much.  Call me in a week.  If I had strep, regardless of being on antibiotics, I would try to limit my physical interactions with others as to be courteous.  Geez, Bethenny can't even try NOT to give the other women strep throat without being called a cold venomous bitch. 

• Love 20

Geez, Bethenny can't even try NOT to give the other women strep throat without being called a cold venomous bitch. 

If it had been me I would have hugged and kissed them all real good.  Especially Andy.  I would have kissed him right on the mouth.  Because I'm wicked that way.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, Castina said:

Haven't watched part 3 and still don't think I want to.  The whole generation thing can't simply be put down to "old enough to be someone's mother". 

Baby Boomer Generation: 1945-1964 

• Carole born 1963

Generation X: 1965-1980

• This is my group and I suspect where all the other women, aside from Jules and Carole, fall.

Millenials: 1981-2000

• Jules (1981?) and definitely Adam.  

Obviously those born at the end of one generation might associate themselves more with the next generation ie....Carole probably considers herself more Generation X (and Baby Boomers do break into two sub sets).  But she is a different generation to Jules.  The milestones we all go through as we grow and mature happened at very different times for both.  They have very different references in time as to what was popular when they were kids, how they viewed life at 13, 18, pop culture references etc...I have a similar age difference with my SIL as Carole and Jules have.  I don't feel like her mother though technically I was ovulating when she was born so could have popped out my own child, we can have adult conversations together etc..... BUT there are moments when it is very clear we are from very different generations.  Things that she might say or do that is very typical of her peers that I don't get and vice versa.   I'm not salty about it though so we just laugh about it.  But we are not the same generation and neither is Carole and Jules REGARDLESS of how great Carole looks, or how hip Carole is or how young her boyfriend is.  The reality is Carole went through puberty and probably her first sexual encounter before Jules was ever an egg in her mothers ovaries.  Just like I graduated High School the year my SIL was born.  Different generations.  

THANK YOU!!! This whole generations outline was a way for financial industries better advice portfolios based on the future needs of certain age groups and what the estimated economy would be when they were in retirement. It's not just about rounded off years.

1. What is the definition of a generation?

A generation is a group of people born around the same time and raised around the same place. People in this “birth cohort” exhibit similar characteristics, preferences, and values over their lifetimes. At The Center for Generational Kinetics, we believe that generations are not a box; instead, they are powerful clues showing where to begin connecting with and influencing people of different ages. We specialize in the relationship between geography and generations. Millennials, for example, are the most consistent generation globally. However, we still see important differences between Millennials raised in an urban environment versus those raised in a rural one or those who move to a new country.

Carole: born 1963.. She's at the end of the Baby Boomer Generation

Jules 1981: at the very beginning of the Millenials

Regardless there is a whole other Generation that separates them.

• Love 9

It was interesting that Andy brought it up on WWHL.  He asked Kim and Jeff if they noticed that Beth did not get up for the group hug.  Her bestie, Andy, was throwing some shade rather than defending that she had strep and stayed away for that reason. 

I don't buy the 102 fever after two days of antibiotics and,  would think, fever reducing medication.  I realize some will disagree with me on this but Beth is the exaggerator and victim.

• Love 19
2 hours ago, esco1822 said:

I don't think it is just because Carole and Bethenny are friends but more so because Carole is parroting Bethenny almost word for word even when it looks/feels like Carole doesn't agree with Bethenny.  Carole never had any hesitation telling Heather she disagreed with her but even when she looks like she doesn't agree with Bethenny she doesn't say it, she just goes along with Bethenny no matter what. The only time she went against Bethenny was when Bethenny jumped on her for being late to the dinner in Miami (and I think she did that because of the Sand Bar discussion), otherwise........nothing. Including when Carole didn't want to sneak out of Dorinda's house, she just went along with Bethenny until Luann caught them.

• Love 14