Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

On 8/4/2019 at 6:40 AM, ginger90 said:

DE9BB849-5984-49A7-B1A5-1EBAE52D222E.jpeg

52A1C738-60D0-4CDC-ACA9-FC0DB5A84F29.jpeg

The number of men with bachelor degrees increased by approx 50% over 20 years, and the number of women increased by approx 90%. Interesting, and a little concerning. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

Most recent blog post. I’ll choose some pictures to post at some point.

Spring 2019 Pictures and Videos

Aug 5, 2019 | Family Blog, Photos | 0 

We are finally catching up on sharing pictures and videos in this big post from the remaining spring months (April-June) and plan to follow up with a summer post before too long.  With our move, transitions with school & work for Derick, loss of Grandma Mary Duggar, while juggling real life with the boys, we fell behind in the monthly posts, so here’s a catch up on birthdays, settling into the new house and all! 

We celebrated Israel’s 4th birthday just before our big move into our new home in April. In May, Derick wrapped up finals for his first (“1L”) year of law school (only 2 more years left now!). Jill’s birthday was the 17th of May, then we enjoyed a short break in our schedule before Derick began some summer jobs just a couple weeks later! In June we celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary with a weekend trip to Branson, MO! 

From birthday celebrations to NCAA golf championships, to picnics with friends, a wedding, farm fun and water play in our new backyard, there are lots of pictures to catch up on!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

So Jill posts another nonsensical, months-old video. It's beyond Seinfeld's notion of nothing.

That was staged and acted, not spontaneous.

• Love 6
31 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Most recent blog post.

...before Derick began some summer jobs just a couple weeks later! 

Some summer jobs?

Sounds like Derick didn't have an internship with a law firm or local government.

Do local governments have internships for law students?

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

D can’t afford to spend $15 for a haircut???

Do you think it would improve his looks?  His hair is the least of his issues, IMO.

Why is Jana hanging a picture on the wall at eye level for NBA players? 

• LOL 17
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

Videos of Israel always break my heart.  He wants attention so badly.  💔

I feel the same .... I wish I could wrap him and in a big cuddle and tell him how special he is, and just give him some love

• Love 17

Their house looks so sterile that without knowing they "own" it I would think that it was a rental apartment.  The white walls everywhere along with the lack of curtains and that leather furniture give off major first apartment after college vibes.  The apartments that I rented look more personalized than that house.  I don't get it.  When I was a kid and my parent's were building a house, I got to pick my carpet color and paint color before the house was finished.  Jill has posted pictures of them in the house as construction was going on.  I wonder why they did not attempt any personalization  before moving in.  It is much easier to paint the walls before you move in furniture.  

• Love 16
20 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

That’s not even remotely funny, IMO.

I want to know why they think we all want to see their faces that close up.  Seriously, don't need to be able to count your nose hairs!

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

So... Just how many “summer jobs” does Derick have and why did the whole family need to move for the summer right after moving into a new house? 

And... Jana is amazing because she can hang a picture?! Can’t Jill do anything? 

• LOL 11
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

The majority of pictures have been posted previously. Here are some that I don’t recall:

EAF825AB-7D4F-444D-9AEA-3D49CDA2F2EC.jpeg

5AF7AB05-51F0-4AC0-B6A7-440F9CE9B4AC.jpeg

209A735D-AE21-4214-BC81-600EDAE798E8.jpeg

6EDD7D79-C95D-41BA-AC6B-6662F704A43D.jpeg

66CA6579-8457-42A4-B476-E0AC32FC0DE7.jpeg

6B33436C-E738-49D1-8D8C-48A96ECE949E.jpeg

In the first pic Sam’s thought-bubble says “I have to live here HOW MANY MORE YEARS?” 💬

• LOL 19
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

then almost always regret it as I'll feel totally disoriented for hours afterwards. Naps do NOT equal rejuvenation for me!

the secret is to set your alarm for ONE HOUR max.  Any longer and you fall into a deep sleep--when you wake up, the rest of your day is totally wrecked.  Been there.  Short naps are kind of delicious though!

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

That video is weird.

It's strange how whenever the Dillards try to show some wholesome moment, it comes off so spooky. Everyone looks like they need a shower and clean clothes, their apartment is so bleak there's an echo, "wrestling" is basically just Izzy clinging to his father, and then Israel is talking and thinking up games while everyone pretends he doesn't exist and he becomes progressively more distressed.

I really don't know what it is about this family but there's just this spooky, eerie vibe to them. Which I don't think is *only* the horrible lighting!

Edited by rue721
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, PradaKitty said:

So... Just how many “summer jobs” does Derick have and why did the whole family need to move for the summer right after moving into a new house? 

And... Jana is amazing because she can hang a picture?! Can’t Jill do anything? 

Jill can apply lotion and eat seaweed.

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
21 minutes ago, rue721 said:

That video is weird.

It's so strange how whenever the Dillards try to show some wholesome moment, it comes off so spooky. Everyone looks like they need a shower and clean clothes, their apartment is so sterile there's an echo, "wrestling" is basically just Izzy clinging to his father, and then Israel is talking and thinking up games while everyone pretends he doesn't exist and he becomes progressively more distressed.

I really don't know what it is about this family but there's just this spooky, eerie vibe to them. Which I don't think is *only* the horrible lighting hahaha

My lay diagnosis based on years as a teacher is .... Jill has adult attention deficit disorder and/or a severe anxiety disorder stemming from her unresolved issues stemming from her sexual assault/s.

Whether or not what I wrote above is correct,  Jill is a mess and it is affecting her little ones.  The pressure to post and post and post to earn a few bucks must be an added pressure a mom of two does not need.

• Love 17
31 minutes ago, rue721 said:

I really don't know what it is about this family but there's just this spooky, eerie vibe to them. Which I don't think is *only* the horrible lighting hahaha

I know what you mean. I feel like I'm watching the slow burn towards insanity as Jill and Derick play-act All American Family and pretend they're happy. One of them is going to crack eventually.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, farmgal4 said:

In the first pic Sam’s thought-bubble says “I have to live here HOW MANY MORE YEARS?” 💬

Jill...that is not a “sad face.” That is one pissed off little guy, and even I, childless mother of only dogs, know the difference.

• Love 21
23 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Oh and walk and chew gum at the same time! 

Joyfully available to D!

I don't believe we've seen any verification of the simultaneous walking and gum chewing; don't jump to conclusions.

There really is something kinda creepy and odd about them and Izzy has brought me nearly to tears on multiple occasions.  I worry about that little boy, he's so sweet and vulnerable and I don't think his parents are making him feel safe and secure, let alone loved.

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
13 minutes ago, fonfereksglen said:

My lay diagnosis based on years as a teacher is .... Jill has adult attention deficit disorder and/or a severe anxiety disorder stemming from her unresolved issues stemming from her sexual assault/s.

This is an interesting take. I always see Jill as someone who was never allowed to grow up.  She is permanently frozen at age 13. 

• Love 24
22 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

This is an interesting take. I always see Jill as someone who was never allowed to grow up.  She is permanently frozen at age 13. 

How old was she when she was sexually assualted?  A bit older I think.  I would agree that she is stuck in her teens. 

She does have unresolved or undiagnosed issues that need help.  I said months ago that she is so wrapped tight that some day she may start screaming and never stop.  

• Love 10
42 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Jill...that is not a “sad face.” That is one pissed off little guy, and even I, childless mother of only dogs, know the difference.

Preach. Another mother of only dogs here. I actually looked twice to be sure she'd written "sad face" about that photo, because it's so obviously an angry/upset face. It *is* sad that Jill, a #momoftwo, is so #clueless. For me, it's not even fun to snark about it. Poor little guys, especially Izzy. 

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 14
5 minutes ago, fonfereksglen said:

How old was she when she was sexually assualted?  A bit older I think.  I would agree that she is stuck in her teens. 

She does have unresolved or undiagnosed issues that need help.  I said months ago that she is so wrapped tight that some day she may start screaming and never stop.  

She was 12, according to news articles. Josh was 14/15.

• Love 5

I’d be pissed too if my mom took daily pics and videos of me. Imagine Jill constantly coaching them how to pose. On top of it no escape from home. No adequate stimulation and education. You would think Jill would at least take the boys to story time at the library. My library has so many free activities for little kids.

And then Mr. Sunshine persona aka dad comes home to lotion up mom who giggles like a loon. 

Yeah miserable existence for the kids.

Edited by galaxychaser
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
5 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

I’d be pissed too if my mom took daily pics and videos of me. Imagine Jill constantly coaching them how to pose. On top of it no escape from home. No adequate stimulation and education. You would think Jill would at least take the boys to story time at the library. My library has so many free activities for little kids.

She can't take them to the library.  The library might have books like Heather Has Two Mommies, And Tango Makes Three, or I Am Jazz for kids.  Also, there might be stay-at-home dads there with their kids or heaven forbid a gay/lesbian parent there with their child or, gasp, Drag Queen Storyhour. 

Libraries are for everyone, so therefore a Duggar cannot step into one.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Oldernowiser said:

Exactly. My first thought was horrified and angry, not sad. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

The library might have books like Heather Has Two Mommies, And Tango Makes Three, or I Am Jazz for kids.

Non KJV bible, The Feminine Mystique, The Origin of Species, Before You Meet Price Charming....

There must be no mixing with the rabble, ever! No independent thought!

4bc.jpg

• LOL 8
  • Love 5