Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

The idea of tea at the Governor's Mansion sounds kind of fun. 

In "Jill-terms," I don't think she looks totally awful, but I would've gone with a more tailored look for the occasion.

I bet Jinger would have had a fantastic put together look for the occasion. 

• Love 16
(edited)
5 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

And these women in her culture who have the vote - I assume their headships tells them the correct candidates?  

From what we have learned, Gothard teaches that the husband is the head of the household, the 'headship' and it is up to him to tell his wife and children who are old enough how to vote.  I guess if the husband has no preference, the wife can go hog wild and vote for anyone or anything, but I suspect most of the women are so downtrodden that it wouldn't occur to them to vote for a candidate or issue that their husband didn't endorse.

Jill's dress is atrocious.  Just when you think she's hit rock bottom, she takes things to a whole new low.

Edited by doodlebug
  • LOL 1
  • Love 19
3 hours ago, Trillium said:

9/10 certain this is the first time Jill heard about woman’s suffrage. But of course now that she has, she’s a true expert and champion for woman’s rights. 

It’s all thanks to dining room home school or Duggarville Academy for higher learning 

(edited)
18 hours ago, Lunera said:

It's because Jessa married a virgin child who has no control over the relationship. Ben would never have the balls to tell Jessa that he wants to get on birth control or limit the amount of babies they have because he's scared of her and probably Boob. Derdick doesn't have a problem stopping the baby train and telling Jill what to do. Jill seems way more open minded to birth control than Jessa.

I’m sure Ben could buy some condoms and use them, bet Jessa doesn’t even look down there.

8 hours ago, ginger90 said:

8 pictures (1 is a video)

I can just hear Jill saying yay 🙄

Her dress would be ok if it wasn’t so long. Where it’s looks like they’ve added an extra layer, they shouldn’t have & the ruffle on top blergh 🤮

Edited by Puffin
  • Love 5

So...worst outfit ever? I thought the olive green sack pants were going to be it, but she’s outdone herself.

Horizontal stripes AND ruffles on her lady pillows? Isn’t that like a thousand Gothard demerit points?

• LOL 16
  • Love 3

One would like to think that Jill attended this event and sat quietly and thoughtfully listened to what was being shared.

But nope, she took pictures and a video while wearing a Cindy-Lou, Candy-Striper inspired nightie.

I doubt she heard a word that was said.

• LOL 10
  • Love 6
11 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Maybe Sammy already took a nap? He's got a binkie with him in that pic.

This is the second time Jill has posted a picture of Sam awake and hanging with mama while Israel was taking a nap.  I feel like Israel is probably made to take a lot of long naps.

• Love 2

Did Derwood say they were renting an apartment? The place overlooking the gymnasium looks like the kind of place a church rents for free to people down on their luck. I wouldn't be surprised if it is a grift, or sub-grift from where Der is interning. He's going to be the worlds first attorney to every defend fetuses, after all. A church might want him to owe them a favor or two a few years from now.

• Love 6
20 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Oh, I think we all know that Jilly Muffin couldn't handle being on her own weekdays for approximately 8-10 weeks. She has the emotional maturity of a 10 year old. And I am probably being generous.

Along with the fact that their marriage may dissolve if they spend a night apart. I have not forgotten what JB and Michelle told JD when he originally wanted to b a pilot. They said No because he might be gone overnight and what grief that would cause a future spouse.    JD grew a spine and  became a pilot anyway. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 17
11 hours ago, Fuzzysox said:

I find it strange she is at a celebration of woman's right (to vote) while practicing a religion that does nothing but oppress women.

It's strange, but as I think about it further, it makes more sense for conservatives to allow women to vote in order to push their pro-life, pro-theocratic agenda. Women who vote = more potential votes for their agenda. Women who don't vote = fewer votes in favor of their agenda. The key, as some posters alluded to, is that women vote the same as their headships, whether that be their husband or father.

• Useful 4
  • Love 6

I can see the whole family staying wherever Derick is for a couple of months. It's kind of a vacation for Jill and the boys, and they would need to pay for Derick to stay somewhere anyway. Also, I believe they only have one car. I wouldn't want to be stuck home without a car for days at a time, especially with 2 kids.

I do agree Derick and Jill are both clingers, but this temporary move makes sense to me.

• Love 7

Between the pictures yesterday and this one today, I don't think Jill has washed her hair since she has it cut last week.  If she is not washing it 2-3 times a week, she needs to brush it daily to distribute her hair oils and use some dry shampoo. 

• Love 9

I actually went back to look at her old eyebrows! When she was courting they were nicely shaped, as was her hair. I think two ways about it. If she’s happy it really shouldn’t matter. Her hair has also fallen badly since her “cut”. I actually feel sorry for her that she was such a mess with all the other women dressed all business casual or wearing cute summer dresses. But she’s smug, so that cancels the sympathy.

I’m also sad that she has no young new mom friends. I’m sure they’re all over her neighborhood, but is she too haughty to meet them? 

In a real family Dreck would come home on the weekends, while Jill tends to the kids at home. But they have no life, no preschool, no sports, no new mom groups or activities with the kids.  it’s so dismal.  I’d kill myself in that rundown apartment with a view of bleachers. Give up the sex and live your own lives! 

• Love 12

You would think having a family the size of Jill's that it wouldn't be a problem for Dreck  to take the only vehicle and go. Between that many siblings, inlaws, and her parents there should be plenty of help with the boys as well as rides anywhere she needs to go.

• Love 6

Jill has gone out during the day while Derelict was in school. She brought him dinner in the cafeteria. That's just one instance I can come up with off the top of my head.

They have two cars.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

So... do you think anyone is taking care of the new house while they’re gone? Or are they going to be coming home to a brown lawn, dead foliage(what little there is) dust encrusted home that is currently housing squatters? 

The neighbors probably won’t notice the difference. 

It looks like they’re making vomit.

• Love 18
53 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Some screenshots from a video she used today, to post her Mediterranean pizza recipe from March.

437733A4-1960-48DE-94E5-F8E8D1D71457.jpeg

A3801691-542F-4D38-B528-CD179ACBF381.jpeg

16F6A5D9-34CE-48BF-9BA4-018DC53F7219.jpeg

Izzy looks ridiculous in that bib.   He's too old for it and it does not cover enough of his chest to protect his clothes.   He needs an apron.  Jill could get him a solid color one in blue, green or black.  Nothing too girly with those colors and his clothes would be protected. 

• Love 14
15 hours ago, Fuzzysox said:

I find it strange she is at a celebration of woman's right (to vote) while practicing a religion that does nothing but oppress women.

Someone (one of us?) posted this on her IG and it started a war. Derick and Jill both engaged in the comments. People got into abortion and the whole nine yards. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I find it interesting both Jessa & Jill posted pictures of similar things - a sleeping Henry for Jessa & for Jill, Sammy that looks like he could have awoken from a nap with a mention of Izzy napping.  I know this isn't the first time they've tried to One Up each other with similar posts but I do get a kick out of it. Now I'm waiting for a hiking or outdoorsy post from Jill or Jessa after seeing Joe's post.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

Huh, Derick gave a straight forward response. The response wasn't overly defensive, harsh or twisted. 

derickdillard

@(poster's name) if you only know our family from a semi-scripted show then you are either assuming things that aren’t there, or believe that all you see is all there is. If Jill felt the Lord leading her to run for governor, I would not only vote for her, but support her in every way a spouse can.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

if you only know our family from a semi-scripted show

Interesting. Is he trying to claim that TLC drives the agenda and that the Duggars are actors who say things that they don't really believe on the show?

• Love 18

Most doctors aren’t really scientists, but I’d still be shocked to learn that a doctor didn’t believe in evolution. They’re huge nerds, and I mean that in a good way. My doctors love explaining things like the ways different animals excrete uric acid or it’s precursors or metabolites, but also how some parts of the processes are identical.

• Love 3
(edited)
On 7/29/2019 at 7:19 PM, ginger90 said:

8 pictures (1 is a video)

Well, White women. 

I wonder how Jill finds living in a more “urban” city, if you know what I mean. 

Edited by kokapetl
  • LOL 4
  • Love 9
On 7/28/2019 at 12:10 PM, Ohiopirate02 said:

On your last question,  I used to work with a pharmacist who despite his education was a young earth creationist.  It wouldn't surprise me if Derick has no problem educating Izzy about every form of science as long as evolution is not involved.   Never underestimate the hand waving a conservative Christian can do if the scientific facts do not align with their interpretation of the Bible. 

Not to veer too far off topic, but I knew a young earth creationist when she was doing a masters in... geology! It was baffling -- the denial, the awkward reconciliations. She knew geological history but didn't accept it as real. I think she was focusing on hydrogeology, which could be useful in well-digging missions, I guess.  🤷‍♀️

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
(edited)

Derrick’s live IG video was the most boring, pointless waste of time ever. Izzy watching a you tube video on how to make bacon (or, as Derrick emphasized, not how to cook bacon, but how bacon is actually made. Umm, no thanks, I prefer not to know!) Sam, meanwhile, playing with the light/fan switch (“Sam, turn the light on. Thanks, buddy” over and over and over). That was it! I really think the only reason for the video was so Derrick could say (brag), “Jill’s having tea at the governor’s mansion” a bunch of times. They’re so important, you know. 

Edited by MzTori77
  • Love 12
On 7/28/2019 at 9:59 PM, ginger90 said:

They packed up the boys, moved crap to another location because Derick has a commute?

Meh, if he's going to be there for 3-4 months and is staying in student housing (where I live it's offered as very economical accommodation during the summer term) I'd go too (and I am the farthest from clingy you can be while still IN a relationship). They seem to be getting out and doing fun things as a family. Why would Jill and the boys stay home if they can make it an adventure?

• Love 8
16 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

This is the second time Jill has posted a picture of Sam awake and hanging with mama while Israel was taking a nap.  I feel like Israel is probably made to take a lot of long naps.

Or Sammy just isn't a napper. My kid fought naps like a champ, and from about 3 onwards just didn't nap unless he was sick or truly exhausted. He used to drive his pre-k nuts because they had "naptime" but he wanted nothing to do with it, and he hated that he was being forced into mandatory quiet time every afternoon. They would give him a book or an activity because the rest of the kids would be out cold and he'd be partying it up in a corner. If Sam doesn't like to nap, having snacky downtime on the couch is probably better for him than forcing him to lay in bed as punishment for his inability to sleep. 

• Love 15
18 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

Aunt Jemima eats seaweed??  Why does she look so greasy?  Someone needs to hold her down and pluck those gosh-awful eyebrows.  

HA!  It must not be whatever day she sets aside for bathing.  Maybe it is on dish day so she doesn't waste water.😳.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3