Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

1. They are both really poor writers.

2. The intended audience is apparently their prayer partners and financial backers. He's written several paragraphs full of words basically stating nothing of substance concerning what was accomplished. There is no detail except about things that are irrelevant, such as what they ate for lunch. Who the fuck cares? Isn't this supposed to be about the people they "helped" rather than about them? What kind of fools would continue to support them after reading such BS, or is this exactly the kind of thing one would expect to read in such a missive? (I'm not religious so this is not my area.) I'd be embarrassed for them, except I don't care.

• Love 23

Two things. 1.) Close your mouth, Jill. It's not cute. 2.) Why does Derick copy Jim Carrey's haircut from Dumb and Dumber? I suppose it is truth in advertising in a way, since he's proven time and again that he is, in fact, dumb.

image.png.8ecd89e3168e632ff4ec7d5493f25e08.png 

• Love 18
19 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

I bit the bullet and went to look at her "recipes".    Word for word, her "recipe" for sweet potato fries...

How DID she come up with this??   Simply amazing, I'm sure Simon and Schuster are reaching out for a cookbook!

For real?  Her recipe for Chicken and Dumplings calls for 1-2 cans of cooked chicken

Food Network here she comes!  

• Love 8
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

For those who don’t want to give their site hits:

Thank you so much to all the ones who have partnered with us either in prayer and/or financially! We have seen God doing some amazing things!

As part of a group of young adults from Cross Church, I (Derick) was blessed to be a part of a mission journey to Guadalajara, Mexico.  I traveled with most of my family, including my wife Jill and our youngest son, Samuel.  Though Jill and I have a lot of experience in Latin America, having worked in/visited half of the Central American countries, neither of us had ever been to Mexico before this journey.  So, needless to say, we were definitely ready to get back to Central America, but also open and excited to see how God would work in this new place.

This particular mission journey was centered around helping a pastor friend of our church, plugging into however we could help his ministry for the Kingdom of Heaven.  He had recently returned back to his native Mexico with his wife and kids to plant a church in Guadalajara and much of our work centered around what the Lord is doing through his work there.  We hit the ground running the day after our arrival when we worked with the pastor’s church on Sunday morning, mainly assisting with kids and worship ministry.  That afternoon, we returned to the church to join the youth ministry in water sports activities.

The next day we had more of a relaxed day to hang out and be tourists with the pastor and his family on and around Lake Chapala, about an hour South of Guadalajara.  Part of what I learned about being open-minded in ministry is seeking to be vigilant in order to better perceive how God could be working at any moment, no matter the immediate context.  Even though this wasn’t as structured of a ministry day, our team took advantage of multiple opportunities to share the Gospel.  While we were in Tlaquepaque for the afternoon I even ran into a group of Tibetan Buddhist monks from Nepal, whose eyes lit up when I greeted them with “Tashi Delek” and a smile, surprised to hear that I had lived 5 minutes down the street from their monastery for 2 years.  Nothing says globalization like speaking English with Tibetan Buddhist Monks in Mexico!

Most of our time on Tuesday and Wednesday were specifically set aside for street evangelism.  Jill had Sam in tow, and he is particularly good at starting conversations   Sometimes I find myself skeptical of street evangelism efforts.  However, done the right way, I have seen it to be very fruitful in numerous ministry contexts.  Ultimately, you can’t go wrong sharing the Word of God with people because, after all, it is life for all of us, and God can use even the most pathetic human efforts for his glory; sometimes we just may not see the results if there are any.  During our days of street evangelism, we were able to, not only share the Gospel, but also point people to pastor’s church as well as receive their information for follow-up contact.  For this reason, I believe it’s important to work with indigenous churches while on short-term mission journeys.  I’m encouraged to see this pastor’s leadership, and I truly believe that God’s blessing in this area has a lot to do with why their church is the fastest growing church in Guadalajara.

Wednesday night we were back at the church preparing for, and then leading, breakout training sessions on various aspects of local church ministry.  I had the privilege of being part of the discipleship training for a handful of church leaders.  By Thursday, most of us had a little better understanding of the challenges and opportunities faced by God’s work in the church, and we spent the morning prayer walking many of the neighborhoods surrounding the area.  Before going on to work at a local elementary school, we strengthened ourselves with some delicious torta ahogadas.  If you want an authentic Guadalajaran experience while trying to avoid tequila, I highly recommend this Mexican delicacy!  One thing to note about most Latin cultures is the relaxed sense of time.  This is a nice change from what we’re used to in the U.S. regarding the relational aspect of ministry to people.  I’m reminded of this because Wednesday and Thursday nights proved to be our latest nights, as we had settled a little more into Mexican culture.  After a wonderful Mexican dining experience with the pastor and his family on Thursday, we said our goodbyes, and then reality hit when we were informed that we needed to be in the lobby of our hotel after a 3-hour-night’s sleep before departing for the airport at 2 in the morning.  We had an awesome time with the people of Guadalajara and will not soon forget it!

Again using your children Dickweed to promote your agenda.  Street evangelism bugs me as much as coming to my house to try to get me into your club.  If people want your brand of religion they will find you Dickweed.  Quit using minors to sell your special brand of religion, they are not props.

1 minute ago, graefin said:

Yup. She'll helpfully remind you to "kinda" stir the food around so it doesn't burn!

With a cuppa this and a buncha that.  Nevermind, they have the Pioneer Woman for that!    HA!

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Pingaponga said:

How the heck did Derick ever make it in to university, let alone get a degree?  He quite simply can't write. 

You'd be amazed at what passes for college-level work these days. I have a friend who works in Human Resources and she says the number of spelling mistakes and poor grammar she sees on resumes would send an English major to the looney bin.

• Love 17
4 hours ago, BitterApple said:

You'd be amazed at what passes for college-level work these days. I have a friend who works in Human Resources and she says the number of spelling mistakes and poor grammar she sees on resumes would send an English major to the looney bin.

*Raises hand* English major here, Working as a college writing tutor. It's awful. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 23

Someone send help, I can't stop.   After watching the meatball debacle on Monday night and now reading this, I don't think they understand spices or seasonings at all. From their site...

Easy Homemade Chicken ‘N Dumplings

Broth:

3 quarts Chicken Broth (or you can use homemade bone broth!)

1 can Cream of Chicken soup

1-2 cans Cooked Chicken

Parsley (optional to garnish)

Salt and Pepper (to taste)

Add all ingredients to pot. Bring to boil, stirring occasionally.

Noodles:

3 T. Butter (melted)

3 cups Flour (plus some extra for flouring surface)

1 tsp. Baking Powder

Milk (about 1 cup)

Parsley (optional for garnish)

Mix all ingredients in bowl or mixer until “doughy” (a little sticky). Sprinkle flat surface generously with flour. Place dough on floured surface and sprinkle with more flour.  Use rolling pin to roll out to about 1/8-1/4″ thick. Use pizza cutter to cut dough into 2 x 4″ rectangles. Once broth is boiling, throw in noodles and extra flour. Cook dumplings for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Noodles might get heavy with broth and sink to the bottom when they’re about finished cooking. Turn of heat and enjoy! Personally, I think these are one of those foods that tastes even better as leftovers!

Not sure what it means really, but the recipes all say "from Derick and Jill" now.   Yesterday, only 2 were from Jill and the rest were from Derick.   Things that make you go hmmm...

Edited by tabloidlover
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, graefin said:

Yup. She'll helpfully remind you to "kinda" stir the food around so it doesn't burn!

And you have to “dump” it all on a sheet pan. Whoa. Can’t handle all the professional cooking terms. Slow down ...

• Love 13
37 minutes ago, Lunera said:

They should be ashamed for grifting money for a "mission" that did absolutely nothing for the local community they were invading.

That’s it! Invading is the word I was trying to think to explain the so called mission. I was going too far with imperialism and colonialism. Thanks @Lunera.

These missionaries will never dare do the same in the U.S., because they are going to get their asses handed to them. It’s so much easier to accost polite people using pantomime for Jesus. Ugh ? 

• Love 10
16 minutes ago, ThinkerBell said:

The entire concept of 'Street Evangelism', as Derick calls it, is so foreign and so offensive to me. Developing one's faith (or choosing not to) is such a personal, intimate, and introspective process and shouldn't be foisted upon a person by a gang of random strangers, no matter how well-meaning (debatable) they may think they are. Honestly, it would feel like a ham-fisted assault on the soul. Personally, I'd run as fast and as far as I could in the other direction if I saw Derick's mob approaching me.

Not me. I'd be wondering whether to challenge Derick on the Bible which I've read or inform the entire group that I was a witch having joined Wicca and ask them if they wanted to join my coven. There's nothing more fun then watching those types squirm when they realize their talking to someone who has read the Bible, can tell them what the passages their taking their miss using, and bring up other passages to use against the ones their using and their messed up messages. I had great-grandfather who used to do that all the time to people who came the door once and it was very entertaining to see them have to deal with someone who actually does know the Bible. But its also just as fun to see their expressions when you tell them your witch and belong to Wicca.                    

• Love 10

Sometimes when I stop off to fill my car up with gas, there is a JW that will come over, which I really hate because I can't exactly walk off at that moment. But I will say usually when I tell them I'm not interested, they will ask me if I want one of their pamphlets and when I say no, they will walk off.  On the other hand, if Derick or Jill came up to me, I wouldn't be so nice and would tell them what I think about their phony evangelism and grifting rather than working.  

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Pingaponga said:

How the heck did Derick ever make it in to university, let alone get a degree?  He quite simply can't write. 

He also believes that Mexico is in Central America.  

• Love 15
2 hours ago, queenanne said:

Warning:  I don't know how good an assessment this is as I'm not a medical person, but this lady seems to know her stuff. For those who wanted to know the difference between a trained midwife and Jill's type:

http://www.skepticalob.com/2015/09/jill-duggar-dillard-is-not-a-real-midwife-shes-a-cpm-a-counterfeit-professional-midwife.html

Hilarious and an interesting read, especially this:

No one needs an expert in normal birth; if the birth is uncomplicated a taxi driver can do it and legions of taxi drivers have done it successfully and for free. The only reason to have a professional birth attendant is to prevent, diagnose and manage complications. CPMs cannot do that because they aren’t real midwives, they’re counterfeit.

I, too, don't know how accurate of an assessment this article was, but the fighting in the comments was a real doozy.

I actually think Jill has the right temperament to be a doula like Jana apparently is. When we did see her attending births, she was calm, she was attentive, she didn't get squeamish. Those are good qualities to start with. In no way should she ever, ever be allowed to be the sole person calling the shots in any home birth, but once again I must point out how JB and Michelle have cut their children off at the knees. In another life, Jill could have studied to be a nurse and then a midwife. She could be making an actual difference and a living. And she would have gotten terrifically steady business - the celebrity fundie certified midwife. The business cards write themselves.

Edited by EarlGreyTea
  • Love 16
2 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

Someone send help, I can't stop.   After watching the meatball debacle on Monday night and now reading this, I don't think they understand spices or seasonings at all. From their site...

Not sure what it means really, but the recipes all say "from Derick and Jill" now.   Yesterday, only 2 were from Jill and the rest were from Derick.   Things that make you go hmmm...

Why in the world would you use cream of chicken soup in that concoction instead of cream?  I’d love to know the sodium count on a serving of that chicken and dumplings, what with the packaged broth and the canned soup and the canned chicken and the “salt to taste”. 

• Love 14

Oh my. Derick & Jill appear to be teenagers trying to be grown-ups. Their "new direction" is so incohesive. Casual, formal, relatable, religiously centered, family centered? They're all over the place - they need to pick a lane and stay in it.

Jill and Derick, what is the purpose of your blog and who is your audience? Because Derick, unless you continue to be a Tweeting asshole, you'll fade away into an unknown Christian pusher with no social media followers. Your blog is a poor start at this "new direction".

• Love 14
6 hours ago, bythelake said:

One thing to note about most Latin cultures is the relaxed sense of time.  This is a nice change from what we’re used to in the U.S. regarding the relational aspect of ministry to people.  I’m reminded of this because Wednesday and Thursday nights proved to be our latest nights, as we had settled a little more into Mexican culture.  After a wonderful Mexican dining experience with the pastor and his family on Thursday, we said our goodbyes, and then reality hit when we were informed that we needed to be in the lobby of our hotel after a 3-hour-night’s sleep before departing for the airport at 2 in the morning. 

So assuming they didn't just pop down to the lobby in their PJ's, they would've gone to sleep at what, 10:30 at the latest? Woo Derrick, really burning the midnight oil there.

And I'm also assuming they took some time getting back to the hotel and prepare for bed, which is another hour or so perhaps? So, their "relaxed Mexican culture" late night would just essentially be a normal dinner with friends by the standards of... everywhere else. I don't get it, do they usually go to bed at 9 pm every night or why would this be something worth commenting on?

Derick seems to be the type of person who always has to exaggerate everything and blow perfectly normal life situations out of proportion in a passive aggressive sort of way to make himself look hard done by. It's like he's constantly padding his martyr CV.

Edited by Vaysh
  • Love 16
21 minutes ago, Ocean Chick said:

Why in the world would you use cream of chicken soup in that concoction instead of cream?  I’d love to know the sodium count on a serving of that chicken and dumplings, what with the packaged broth and the canned soup and the canned chicken and the “salt to taste”. 

I think that this comes from the Duggars having nothing but canned food from Aldi in the house. I would imagine that it would simply never occur to Jill to buy fresh chicken when they could have 100+ cans of chicken sitting in the pantry. It would never occur to her to use fresh cream when there are a dozen cans of Cream of Chicken soup sitting on the shelves . . .

• Love 13
7 hours ago, ginger90 said:

whose eyes lit up when I greeted them with “Tashi Delek” and a smile

Okay, fess up, who else saw "Dalek" here? <Dr Who fan>

5 hours ago, Pingaponga said:

You might be surprised at how badly a lot of highly educated people write. I spent 20+ years as an editor untangling the wordy wordiness of people who didn't know how to say something in a simple, straightforward, and concise manner. Or how to say anything, really, despite using lots and lots of words.

• Love 22

Agreed with all the comments on writing! Whoever is writing the blog is not a good writer, but that's not unusual, even among people who went to college.

I worked as college writing tutor and taught college comp (and currently work as an editor), and most of the stuff I have read in any of those jobs was pretty bad. I worked as a teaching assistant for a professor for a semester in a literature class. I graded the undergrad papers, and he graded the grad student papers. I made a comment one day that the quality of writing he was reading was probably a lot higher than what I was getting, and he told me that, nope, the grad students were just as awful as a general rule. 

Not gonna lie, though: I am looking forward to Jill's mind-boggling recipes. 

• Love 9

Because I am straight up nosy as hell, I clicked on the link for the the Dullards’ web page and had to take an anti-nausea tablet after reading three sentences.

Neither one of them knows what SpellCheck or GrammarCheck are and it’s quite evident when trying to read their lame biographies. Run-on sentences, incomplete sentences and incoherent thoughts everywhere! Under the Blog section, Jill posted videos instead of a blog. A video! She thinks videos are blogs. I have no words.

Do we blame MeChelle and the “home education” (that’s what Jill called it) that was provided and just assume Derelict never earned higher than a D in English classes? Jill said she and Jana used to get mistaken for twins (and triplets if JD was around) all of the time and they used to have so much fun with that. WHO thought they were multiples? People with cataracts?!?!

You can’t invent this kind of crazy!

Also from Jill’s bio:

“As a child, I was more reserved than I am now, but usually carried a smile and enjoyed toting a little one around on my hip as we played “mom and dad”, or “hospital”, where I would pretend to be the nurse by giving “medicine” (a.k.a. Koolaide) from a dropper to my “patients” (one of my friends or siblings), or I’d pull a bandage out of my little Noah’s ark apron to wrap up their “injured” leg.

Through the wise, Godly counsel of my parents and friends, I started pursuing midwifery training and education and became licensed as a Certified Professional Midwife (they specialize in low-risk out of hospital prenatal, birth, and postpartum care). My prayer in pursuing midwifery early on was to make wise use of my single years while gaining valuable skills that I may someday use on the mission field.”

(I’d like to know what Jill’s definition of low risk is please. Does it mean the mother losing a shit ton of blood while in labor?)

She’s lying about the “being licensed” part, right? I know I read on this board that she didn’t take/pass the final exam.

I also found this bit typical Duggar-style nuts: “I started teaching myself Spanish at home with the hopes of using this skill to communicate with friends and share the gospel of Jesus Christ!”

I didn’t realize how damn fast these two got together as Derelict shared their timeline. It takes me longer to decide on what TV shows to watch or books to read than these nimrods waited to get married and get pregnant! 

“I returned home to Arkansas January 2014 and began working at the Walmart home office as a tax accountant in February. Jill and I were engaged in March, married in June, and found out we were expecting in July!”

Apparently he was a heathen as a youngster too! What did he do? Steal some of his brother’s Legos or leave the toilet seat up?

When I was nine years old, during a revival at my home church (Lakeside Baptist Church), I realized my need for Jesus Christ, so I prayed and asked Him to forgive me of my sins.”

He clearly wasn’t required to take a single geography course at college either.

”Though Jill and I have a lot of experience in Latin America, having worked in/visited half of the Central American countries, neither of us had ever been to Mexico before this journey.  So, needless to say, we were definitely ready to get back to Central America...” (Of course he also referred to their time in Central America as “overseas.”)

There are some photos from the Spring Break trip. It’s mostly photos of Jill standing around doing nothing or pushing a stroller (as we suspected), Derelict holding a paint brush and my personal favorite, a photo of “Derick and the young guys”, because Derelict is SO much older and wiser than they are.

Lastly, the Grifters are thankful they’re able to grift as posted in the section about the Spring Break trio!

”Thank you so much to all the ones who have partnered with us either in prayer and/or financially! We have seen God doing some amazing things!”

These two people!! 

I’m off to the prayer closet as my penance for calling out a fraction of their stupidity. (Seriously, they have living human beings to take care of? How?)

Edited by Bridget
  • Love 18

Re the chicken and dumplings recipe: I'm exhausted looking at the trouble to make those dumplings/noodles. The soup is a just a can dump, so why not go all the way and get some canned biscuits, tear off chunks of dough, and throw 'em in?  Or buy a box of noodles.

If wifey Jill keeps stretching and twisting her face for photos, she might end up looking like her lopsided hubby. 

• Love 8
17 minutes ago, Bridget said:

Through the wise, Godly counsel of my parents and friends, I started pursuing midwifery training and education and became licensed as a Certified Professional Midwife (they specialize in low-risk out of hospital prenatal, birth, and postpartum care). My prayer in pursuing midwifery early on was to make wise use of my single years while gaining valuable skills that I may someday use on the mission field.

(I’d like to know what Jill’s definition of low risk is please. Does it mean the mother losing a shit ton of blood while in labor?)

She’s lying about the “being licensed” part, right? I know I read on this board that she didn’t take/pass the final exam.

I feel like (and I was trying to say it in my post but didn't quite get there) it literally means nothing, considering that Jill doesn't know when a birth is high risk, and thus it suggests that acquiring the information to know when a birth is low risk versus high risk, is beyond any licensed CPM training.  However, there probably aren't a lot of simultaneously discreet and truthful ways for Jill to explain the difference.

An easy way to remember Jill's (lack of) accreditation, is that a certified nurse midwife (CNM), has "nurse" in their name because, first and foremost, they're nurses with minimum associate level college degrees in nursing, before they even think of becoming midwives.  But it seems like there's no getting around to it, and no shortcuts.  CNM programs which one enrolls in after receiving a degree in practical nursing, are likewise college programs, and according to this link here are the top ten:

https://nurse.org/resources/certified-nurse-midwife/

University of California-San Francisco

University of Michigan-Ann Arbor 

Vanderbilt University (Nashville, TN) 

Oregon Health and Science University 

University of Minnesota-Twin Cities

Yale University

University of New Mexico 

University of Pennsylvania

University of Utah 

Baylor University (Dallas, TX)

"Real schools" all.  (The link also says that many of the CRM programs won't enroll individuals with associates' degrees in nursing, and may insist upon bachelor's/master's before entry.)  I don't think - if they but knew the difference - even a leghumper could fantasize in their wildest dreams that Jill's done the equivalent of six years of college courses anywhere.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, queenanne said:

I feel like (and I was trying to say it in my post but didn't quite get there) it literally means nothing, considering that Jill doesn't know when a birth is high risk, and thus it suggests that acquiring the information to know when a birth is low risk versus high risk, is beyond any licensed CPM training.  However, there probably aren't a lot of simultaneously discreet and truthful ways for Jill to explain the difference.

An easy way to remember Jill's (lack of) accreditation, is that a certified nurse midwife (CNM), has "nurse" in their name because, first and foremost, they're nurses with minimum associate level college degrees in nursing, before they even think of becoming midwives.  But it seems like there's no getting around to it, and no shortcuts.  CNM programs which one enrolls in after receiving a degree in practical nursing, are likewise college programs, and according to this link here are the top ten:

https://nurse.org/resources/certified-nurse-midwife/

Thank you so much for clarifying that for me! Now I feel like I can throw even more shade at her! ?

In all seriousness, it’s a good mnemonic device to remember when/if someone tries to say they’re a midwife!

Correct me if I’m wrong, but in my world, it sounds to me like Jill’s “training” is similar to the role of being a substitute teacher instead of being a real teacher. Is that an appropriate example in terms of addt’l required education, qualifications & licensing?

In Calif, subs are required to have a BA and take a general exam to make sure they have basic math, reading, writing & logic skills. (No offense to anyone here who has worked as a sub, but based on the ones I’ve met or had sub for me, you’d never even know they had a heartbeat or were conscious based on what I see when I come back to work after being gone! Most of them can’t/don’t follow a basic lesson plan with specific information to save their lives...much like Jill and her skill set in delivering babies!)

7 hours ago, BitterApple said:

6 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

*Raises hand* English major here, Working as a college writing tutor. It's awful. 

High school English teacher here.

Don't get me started on writing, literacy or anything else that requires academic writing.

I blame phones. The end.

My students walk in without pencils, paper or finished HW, many of whom are sadly failing, but they’ve got their phone chargers with them! True story.

My mom worked at a community college before she retired. One department she worked in was the Testing/Placement for Courses dept for the incoming students (every single person had to take a math & English readiness exam).  She came home with tales of 2939845 people a day testing into remedial math & English despite “having earned an A in high school English.” She saw so many tears when she told students of all ages/cultures that they were placed in a remedial English. They were in total & utter shock. The tests were computerized and scores were computed instantly. A lot of it has to do with NOT reading the directions (I know this to be so true), but a lot of it is also because of phones/zero reading and a loss of importance on academics for some reason that I must’ve missed while grading horrible “essays.” I cannot tell you how scary it is to see the work produced by the current crop of 10th/11th graders. There’s also the work that’s not produced because way too many kids don’t do a thing in school (dead serious) because they will “make up their credits in an alternate program.” Time is ticking and these kids are regressing.

#FlowersforAlgernon

FYI: I went to that CC and it was the best school I went to! They’re not the God awful places people think they are. My teachers weren’t there to write books or do research. They taught!

• Love 17

Can I just say how much I loathe these "missionaries" who feel the need to convert Catholics?  I would just love it if they happened to accost someone who spoke enough English to tell them:  "Yes, I know Jesus, thank you very much, because I am a member of THE ORIGINAL CHRISTIAN CHURCH!  LEAVE ME ALONE YOU ARROGANT DUMBASS GRINGO!"

• Love 18
8 hours ago, Vaysh said:

So assuming they didn't just pop down to the lobby in their PJ's, they would've gone to sleep at what, 10:30 at the latest? Woo Derrick, really burning the midnight oil there.

And I'm also assuming they took some time getting back to the hotel and prepare for bed, which is another hour or so perhaps? So, their "relaxed Mexican culture" late night would just essentially be a normal dinner with friends by the standards of... everywhere else. I don't get it, do they usually go to bed at 9 pm every night or why would this be something worth commenting on?

Derick seems to be the type of person who always has to exaggerate everything and blow perfectly normal life situations out of proportion in a passive aggressive sort of way to make himself look hard done by. It's like he's constantly padding his martyr CV.

I think this means they enjoyed sleeping til noon sans guilt. 

EDIT: just to clarify that I am not, in any way, insinuating that the people of Mexico are lazy or anything like that. I just realized this comment could appear that way to some. Not at all.

Edited by papermoon
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

Can I just say how much I loathe these "missionaries" who feel the need to convert Catholics?  I would just love it if they happened to accost someone who spoke enough English to tell them:  "Yes, I know Jesus, thank you very much, because I am a member of THE ORIGINAL CHRISTIAN CHURCH!  LEAVE ME ALONE YOU ARROGANT DUMBASS GRINGO!"

Absolutely real question, no snark (well, just a bit!) HOW do they attempt to explain the difference between the Catholic faith and their own, in a few minutes with someone who doesn't even speak the same language? I really want to know how they go about this.

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Absolutely real question, no snark (well, just a bit!) HOW do they attempt to explain the difference between the Catholic faith and their own, in a few minutes with someone who doesn't even speak the same language? I really want to know how they go about this.

Interpretive dance! 

• Love 7