Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, Lunera said:

I don't understand why they took the recipes from different websites with the pictures included. She could have at least attempted to make the food and added her own pictures and then linked the website where she took the recipe from. If she really wanted to put any effort into her website she could put some work in, none of the food she posted is difficult to make and she has plenty of time to make it.

She mentioned taking Michelle's recipe cards so maybe she'll post updated versions of tater tot casserole, chickenetti, and Jim Bob's famous BBQ tuna sandwiches. 

Probably because if Jill attempted to make those recipes, no way would they look as appetizing and well made as the pics they “borrowed”. 

• Love 14
(edited)

They don't allow comments on the blog, but Derelict got some blowback when he posted the zucchini pic on his twatter. (eta: So has Jill, but not nearly to the extent that Derelict has)

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, Lunera said:

I don't understand why they took the recipes from different websites with the pictures included. She could have at least attempted to make the food and added her own pictures and then linked the website where she took the recipe from. If she really wanted to put any effort into her website she could put some work in, none of the food she posted is difficult to make and she has plenty of time to make it.

She mentioned taking Michelle's recipe cards so maybe she'll post updated versions of tater tot casserole, chickenetti, and Jim Bob's famous BBQ tuna sandwiches. 

lol.  If it doesn't come out of a box  Jill can't "cook" it . 

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

They don't allow comments on the blog, but Derelict got some blowback when he posted the zucchini pic on his twatter. (eta: So has Jill, but not nearly to the extent that Derelict has)

There are comments on Derick's Facebook post, too.  Of course, he never replies to any of them.

• Love 1

Jill seriously let one of us taking you shopping for age appropriate clothes and ones that fit right too. Lort that is an UGLY outfit. You don't mix casual and dressy together. 

• Love 2

I was curious and looked, the Dillards have updated their website to correctly attribute their sources.  No longer are they trying to claim copyright on the pictures they stole.  With how quickly the updated, why did they not do it correctly in the first place? 

• Love 12
18 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Jill and Derick may have added a photo credit, but we still don't know if they reached out to the original sources of the photos or recipes.

Doubtful. This was added too:

Disclaimer: Recipes on this site are a collection of our favorites. Some are our own recipes and others may have not originate on our site and/or have been adapted from other sites.

(I did not edit the statement above)

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I was curious and looked, the Dillards have updated their website to correctly attribute their sources.  No longer are they trying to claim copyright on the pictures they stole.  With how quickly the updated, why did they not do it correctly in the first place? 

It's like I wrote in my book Growing Up Duggar: It's only immoral if you get caught.

• Love 19
57 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Disclaimer: Recipes on this site are a collection of our favorites. Some are our own recipes and others may have not originate on our site and/or have been adapted from other sites.

Good Lord. *smh*

• Love 5
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Homeschooling graduate!

• Love 8
3 hours ago, JoanArc said:

It's like I wrote in my book Growing Up Duggar: It's only immoral if you get caught.

So, do you think they stood up before the congregation at Cross Church and repented for their sins?  

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, Mollie said:

So, do you think they stood up before the congregation at Cross Church and repented for their sins?  

In an exerpt from my book Growing Up Duggar

I will share my heart and inward struggles regularly with my parents (or a loving Christian counselor).

So...a congregation isn't needed!

(and who knew they let the boys watch Daniel Boone movies?)

• Love 2
(edited)

Do you have the updated copy with input from Jill, Jessa, Ben, and Derelict in the relationships chapter? I found a copy for cheap on Amazon and read through the additions in about five minutes. It was pretty scary stuff. They all come off sounding so indoctrinated and preachy in print. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Fuzzysox said:

Jill seriously let one of us taking you shopping for age appropriate clothes and ones that fit right too. Lort that is an UGLY outfit. You don't mix casual and dressy together. 

For real, though! I went shopping today, and I was thinking the whole time about how cute jill would look in some of the clothes. I would love to see her in some nicer items...and by nicer, I don't mean expensive. I found so many good deals on stuff for $10 that was super cute!

(edited)

My sister's childhood friend changed religions & became a missionary out of college approx 40 years ago.  I think she was most recently in Mexico.  She has had to return home to the States for a lung problem they think she acquired on the mission field.  Her local home church sends out a newsletter with updates on her.  My mom just got the most recent one with the friend explaining that while she was in the hospital for two weeks she witnessed and saved a doctor, numerous nurses and the cleaning lady.  My sister laughed and said she probably put the hospital chaplain out of business.

Edited by Barb23
  • Love 11
41 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

My sister's childhood friend changed religions & became a missionary out of college ... while she was in the hospital for two weeks she witnessed and saved a doctor, numerous nurses and the cleaning lady.  My sister laughed and said she probably put the hospital chaplain out of business.

All those people were saved by this lady?  I can't imagine how fast she'd have to talk to accomplish that.  Every time I've been in the hospital the employees didn't have time to do more than do their jobs and then they were on to the next patient.  No wonder your mom laughed.

This reminds me of the time my ex went to a revival meeting put on by a traveling Seventh Day Adventist minister who claimed to have 'converted' seven Catholic priests, and several of them were now minsters for the SDA, but when asked the names of those men, he refused to tell them.  Apparently every one of them desired anonymity.

• Love 13
(edited)
32 minutes ago, Zahdii said:

All those people were saved by this lady?  I can't imagine how fast she'd have to talk to accomplish that.  Every time I've been in the hospital the employees didn't have time to do more than do their jobs and then they were on to the next patient.  No wonder your mom laughed.

This reminds me of the time my ex went to a revival meeting put on by a traveling Seventh Day Adventist minister who claimed to have 'converted' seven Catholic priests, and several of them were now minsters for the SDA, but when asked the names of those men, he refused to tell them.  Apparently every one of them desired anonymity.

I think she must have her testimony & witnessing spiel down to a science by now so it only takes a few minutes for her to save them. We keep laughing about her saving the cleaning lady. The poor thing couldn't even mop & clean in peace. My sister thinks the nurses probably drew straws & whoever lost had to go in and help her. I'm sure the staff couldn't wait til she was released.

ETA:  My sister swears something bad  happened in college that made her join the missionary circuit, she's repenting for something. She was raised Lutheran & went to church occasionally but switched to a Baptist church (not sure which type of Baptist) when she went to college in Missouri. She joined a local fundy Baptist church along wirh her mother after college & got involved with their missions program.  She is a smart lady - she was either the salutorian or valedictorian of their high school class. She would have made a great social worker & could have helped so many here in the US rather than preaching the gospel in a foreign land. 

Edited by Barb23
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Barb23 said:

My sister's childhood friend changed religions & became a missionary out of college approx 40 years ago.  I think she was most recently in Mexico.  She has had to return home to the States for a lung problem they think she acquired on the mission field.  Her local home church sends out a newsletter with updates on her.  My mom just got the most recent one with the friend explaining that while she was in the hospital for two weeks she witnessed and saved a doctor, numerous nurses and the cleaning lady.  My sister laughed and said she probably put the hospital chaplain out of business.

Is your friend related to David Waller? 

• Love 3
On ‎4‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 7:37 PM, Ocean Chick said:

Probably because if Jill attempted to make those recipes, no way would they look as appetizing and well made as the pics they “borrowed”. 

And they would look lovely on a paper plate !

• Love 10
16 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Do you have the updated copy with input from Jill, Jessa, Ben, and Derelict in the relationships chapter? I found a copy for cheap on Amazon and read through the additions in about five minutes. It was pretty scary stuff. They all come off sounding so indoctrinated and preachy in print. 

Sew - the excerpt from my last post seems to have a lot of the new content. It is the indoctrinated, preachy crap.

NEW from Jill . . .

Sometimes people ask me if all the waiting and the being chaperoned and being so careful in our relationship was worth it. And I always say, "Absolutely yes!" But please know that we had the same emotions that anyone else would have. We're all human. It wasn't always easy, but by God's grace we stuck to our convictions. We would often pray, "Lord, please help us stay true to the standards we've set," because it was hard! But the boundaries we set before marriage and the joy of being together in marriage is all worth it.

Before I was married, I was always accountable to someone--usually my parents. And that honest relationship gave me a pattern for how to talk openly and honestly about things. So when Derick and I got married, it wasn't so difficult to transfer that kind of conversation to my husband. I wish every girl would have an accountability partner (your parents or a counselor with whom you can share your heart and be confident that it won't go beyond them). Besides helping you as you grow and mature before marriage, that model of communication will help you in your marriage. I'm not saying that learning to communicate with your spouse is always easy, but it's nice to have some practice before you're married.

NEW from Derick . . .

I want to build on what Jill said about communication, and I want to encourage you to cultivate those skills while you're young. Don't wait until it's time to start dating and courting to learn how to have honest conversations. And if I may speak to parents: If you want your children to look up to you their whole lives, that has to start before they're in the middle of a relationship. Whom to marry is the biggest decision of their lives--aside from their decision to follow Christ--and you will want to be involved. The trust thing is huge--keeping confidences between the parents and child and not spreading them around.

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Sew - the excerpt from my last post seems to have a lot of the new content. It is the indoctrinated, preachy crap.

And a bunch of bullshit, IMO. Let’s go on television, and “write” a book, to state you’re horney but not acting on it. Nice and private!

• Love 5

The thing that kills me is the Dillards arrogance.  This blog is a money-making venture.  They may try to dance around it, but it's purpose is to make money.  They need to show their patrons what their donations are accomplishing while soliciting for more money.  Their target audience will not even notice the grammatical errors, but they will notice the commandment breaking.    It is not difficult to cook their own recipes and take their own pictures.  These blog posts should be coming once a week, not all at once.  Jill needs to take the time and do this properly if they ever want to have a real online following.  People are not going to donate money when they eventually put the Donate button back on the website. 

I am aware that most people do not know of the time commitment a good blog really is.  The best bloggers make it look effortless, while they are toiling away behind the scenes.  Once again, a Duggar expects the maximum impact with the smallest amount of effort. 

• Love 20
15 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

The thing that kills me is the Dillards arrogance.  This blog is a money-making venture.  They may try to dance around it, but it's purpose is to make money.  They need to show their patrons what their donations are accomplishing while soliciting for more money.  Their target audience will not even notice the grammatical errors, but they will notice the commandment breaking.    It is not difficult to cook their own recipes and take their own pictures.  These blog posts should be coming once a week, not all at once.  Jill needs to take the time and do this properly if they ever want to have a real online following.  People are not going to donate money when they eventually put the Donate button back on the website. 

I am aware that most people do not know of the time commitment a good blog really is.  The best bloggers make it look effortless, while they are toiling away behind the scenes.  Once again, a Duggar expects the maximum impact with the smallest amount of effort. 

They are making money right now on their website because it displays Google AdSense ads.  You don't even have to click on an ad for the Dillards to make money.  They are paid just by the number of people who go to the website and see the ads.  That's another reason why their theft is so sinful.  They are making money on these stolen photos without paying the copyright owner anything.  They are also violating Google AdSense Program Policies and could have their account permanently terminated if anyone reports this activity to Google.

https://support.google.com/adsense/contact/violation_report

• Love 16
34 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

YES. Seriously even just instagram takes SO Much time to make quality content never mind the blog aspect. I have friends who have a few thousand followers/ do the whole ads thing ect and it truly takes hours and hours a week to maintain. Duggars would really benefit from hiring someone to produce their social media for them if they have any interest in staying relevant after the show.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

Her intro:

"I came up with this recipe soon after we were married. I just started dumping things in the pot and wa-la! Derick loved it and ate almost the whole pot! LOL"

What size was the pot? I know genetics are against Derick in the weight gain department, but anyone who could blend in with the Rod children, does not devour an entire pot of chili. 

• Love 8
(edited)
5 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Their approach to their new site is the same as the one they take to everything else in life: lazy, sloppy, and dishonest.

5 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

Her intro:

"I came up with this recipe soon after we were married. I just started dumping things in the pot and wa-la! Derick loved it and ate almost the whole pot! LOL"

Their writing makes my eyes bleed.

Case in point: 

"Add potatoes to rest of ingredients and continue simmering till flavors blend (30ish min?)."

"30ish min?"?! Jill, it's called "about 30 minutes." Good lord. Also, what's with the question mark? Recipe bloggers test their recipes time and time again as well as have others test them for them. If Jill can't be bothered with this step, then she has no business posting recipes at all. Oh, yeah: see "lazy, sloppy, dishonest" above.

Edited by graefin
  • Love 21

Jill may be interested in reading this book I just came across in Rachael Ray's Everday magazine. It's called "Styling for Instagram" written by Leela Cyd, who is a lifestyle photographer. Sounds like she takes a lot of food pictures.  It says the book "focuses on how to build a visually stunning social media feed."  Just what Jill & Derick need. 

• Love 2
(edited)
5 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

Her intro:

'Wa-la' indeed.  I hope someone has reported the blatant plagiarism.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 15
6 minutes ago, Mollie said:

According to Urban Dictionary, "Wa-la = The incorrect usage of the French word voila vwäˈlä, which translates to, 'There it is' or 'There you are." Traditionally used by ignorant, untraveled American youth whose foreign language capacity is relegated to 'taco' and 'French fries.'"

Sounds about right!

• Love 5

Derick said jill made one of these dishes (forget which) soon after they were married - Sounds like she only made it that one time. Otherwise wouldn't he say she makes this regularly or something like that 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Mollie said:

According to Urban Dictionary, "Wa-la = The incorrect usage of the French word voila vwäˈlä, which translates to, 'There it is' or 'There you are.' Traditionally used by ignorant, untraveled American youth whose foreign language capacity is relegated to 'taco' and 'French fries.'"

LOL. Jessa is guilty of using "wa-la!", as well. Wonder if Jill is getting a little help writing her blogs.

• Love 4
(edited)

FWIW, Jill just posted a picture on her Instagram of herself and both boys in  Colorado Springs.  The best part is the last hashtag. (Eta: It was originally “..halftowalkback”)

Edited by EVS
To add photo/link
  • Love 5
(edited)

I knew she’d be there like a barnacle stuck to a whale’s ass. They walked that far? Derelict didn’t grift enough money for a rental? I know it’s just pictures but Izzy looks miserable. Get those kids some hats. And FFS close your damn mouth, Jill. That last hashtag is ?.

Edited by SMama
  • Love 22
(edited)
12 minutes ago, SMama said:

I knew she’d be there like a barnacle stuck to a whale’s ass. They walked that far? Derelict didn’t grift enough money for a rental? I know it’s just pictures but Izzy looks miserable. Get those kids some hats. And FFS close your damn mouth, Jill. That last hashtag is ?.

She should have added a couple more hashtags:  

#SOTDRT #halfaneducation 

eta: I’m being generous with the second one. 

Edited by EVS
  • Love 8