Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

49 minutes ago, OpieTaylor said:

If you need to hear some "yaaaays" from Jill, watch this, and be sure to catch Jill's claim that "last year they made Israel's birthday cake from scratch." After the first video about making a cake, there's another video of Israel blowing out his candles - with even more "yaaays" from Jill!

Boy they went all out and splurged on the best cake mix ever Jiffy Mix?

• Love 12
6 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

Ok. I'm going to be that mother...

He's 3.  He's appears to be on the higher end of the growth scale.  And he is still in a high chair, and has a sippy cup and an uncomfortable looking plastic bib?

My kids are 2 years apart.  By the time the new baby needed the high chair (around 5-6 months) they were at the table in a booster seat.  Partly because I only had one highchair, and partly because it was time.  When they were big enough to sit at the table, they had regular (child sized) glasses.  Because they had to learn to drink like big kids.  Did we have spills?  Of course, but it is part of the learning process. I think the bibs stopped at that time too- maybe occasionally when we had something that stained like tomato sauce. Certainly not the plastic contraption designed for babies learning to feed themselves. Again, if you are old enough to sit at the table, you are old enough to eat without smearing your food everywhere.

Jill and Derick read books about government and finance to Israel, yet treat him like a baby at meal times. SMH. 

Everyone parents differently, and I won’t shame a parent on something that is not in anyway harmful 

My son was still in a high chair at 3 I’m pretty meh on that. He also still uses a straw cup and I’m not going to tell you how old he is because I don’t want to be judged

I have no prob snarking on things like taking kids out for long walks with no sunscreen and hats because of the potential for sunburn, skin cancer is preventable, it makes me so grumpy to see little kids or any kids with unprotected skin 

• Love 4
(edited)

I like how Mr. Byrum didn’t bother to look up for the group picture. He was seriously wondering what in the hell was on his plate. It looks like they celebrated separately. Strange since there’s plenty of room at the TTH for the Dillard side. Was Derick at the TTH celebration? Confused.

Edited by SMama
  • Love 17
53 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Yay and why is Israel all by himself in his high chair? They couldn’t have him at the table? 

Here’s the adults “celebrating” his birthday. Is someone missing ?? Oh, the birthday boy!

81169FA1-E7A2-434C-99FB-52BEEA4842BB.jpeg

6 adults for dinner and cake and they can't even manage real dishes or silverware - everyone other than Derilick has plastic silverware and plastic water glasses.  Seriously?  Lame, lazy and tacky.  

• Love 10
30 minutes ago, SMama said:

I like be how Mr. Byrum didn’t bother to look up for the group picture. He was seriously wondering what in the hell was on his plate. It looks like they celebrated separately. Strange since there’s plenty of room at the TTH for the Dillard side. Was Derick at the TTH celebration? Confused.

I wondered about this too, because Jill says Meemaw provided the Paw Patrol pinata, and that's shown at the Duggar big house. I assumed Meemaw (or whatever Jill called her) was Cathy. I have a feeling at least Cathy went to "the big house" too. 

• Love 2
17 hours ago, Bayarea4 said:

Since no one asked, there is trouble in Duggarland. The dim-witted SIL, Derick, is attacking TLC and Jazz (he has a thing for attacking children, like the Parkland survivors.) We all know this. TLC cut him and his wife/holy servant out of the show for it, but Dim Derick persists to this day. Some are saying that Dim Derick is doing this in an attempt to get more money out of a)supporters who he is leaching for his religious tourism b) to please JimBob who holds all of Jill's money in an LLC. In fact, the rumor is that JimBob controls all the funds the girls made by "writing" their book and the proceeds from their current show, doling out the money to their headship (husbands) as he sees fit. Derick is actually angry about this arrangement and is blaming TLC for it, as they create the contracts for JimBob's control, but dare not blame JimBob for this weird financial arrangement.

It seems as if the author of this gossip blog reads our posts.  Not sure what’s being said on other pages but I can tell you these hypotheses (not rumors) have all been discussed here.   Interesting.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

The Dillards are in a posting frenzy.  They surely miss being on the TLC camera. They are making absolute fools of themselves.

Can anyone tell what the mush on Derick's plate is?  It looks like vomit.  No wonder Jill has to steal photos of food.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Yay and why is Israel all by himself in his high chair? They couldn’t have him at the table? 

Here’s the adults “celebrating” his birthday. Is someone missing ?? Oh, the birthday boy!

Dude, put on a shirt! 

Jill went from dressing her boy buddies in collared shirts every day to a husband who is wearing an undershirt for a family birthday dinner. Meanwhile, she is wearing a floor length skirt.

• Love 8

A few thoughts:

Israel is really cute in that video.  His language skills are age appropriate and he's so excited about his birthday cake.  He really looks like Derick, but he's cute anyway.    Jill doesn't seem to listen to him much.  

If I never see that kissing picture again, it will be too soon.  

On the other hand, Jill has closed her mouth for two pictures lately.  Let's hope the surprised face is a thing of the past.  

He is too big for a high chair, especially with the tray.  

• Love 12
(edited)

That kissing photo.  It looks like Derick hates it and is resigned.  Jills looks bored and he's kissing her top lip only.  And they've never kissed on a plane? EVER???  And that hat he's wearing is ridiculous and did all the other missionaries get to head off for the day as well????

Edited by DragonFaerie
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, SMama said:

I like how Mr. Byrum didn’t bother to look up for the group picture. He was seriously wondering what in the hell was on his plate. It looks like they celebrated separately. Strange since there’s plenty of room at the TTH for the Dillard side. Was Derick at the TTH celebration? Confused.

Mr. Byrum seems to be picking long strands of Jill's hair out of his blue cake.

• Love 17
3 minutes ago, louannems said:

Mr. Byrum seems to be picking long strands of Jill's hair out of his blue cake.

Or wondering if he can surreptitiously mash it into oblivion in his bowl so he won't have to eat it. 

• Love 3
55 minutes ago, DragonFaerie said:

OMG!  In the comments for her VEGETARIAN chili.  

That's right folks, just make sure when you cook the vegetarian chili in a crockpot you make sure that your meat gets cooked all the way.  ROFLMAO!

Screen Shot 2018-04-06 at 6.43.08 PM.png

So, one of her favorite recipes my ass then?

• Love 10
49 minutes ago, DragonFaerie said:

That's right folks, just make sure when you cook the vegetarian chili in a crockpot you make sure that your meat gets cooked all the way.  ROFLMAO!

The whole vegetarian/meat thing aside, is it even possible to undercook something in a crock pot? Even moderately chunky bits of meat will get not only cooked but actually tender over 4 hours to say nothing of a longer setting. 

But, yeah, Jill...nice reading comprehension there.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

If you need to hear some "yaaaays" from Jill, watch this, and be sure to catch Jill's claim that "last year they made Israel's birthday cake from scratch." After the first video about making a cake, there's another video of Israel blowing out his candles - with even more "yaaays" from Jill!

Nice rack of K-cups on the counter there, you "buy used and save the difference" lying, manipulating con artists. 

• Love 14
(edited)

I don't think she's ever used a crock pot. I'm no kitchen wizard, but that became my favorite thing when I first started cooking. If she'd ever used one even once, I don't think she would have been worried about cooking the meat before putting it in. . . . 

Have any of them ever been shown using one on the show? I don't watch. 

Edited by Zella
clarification
  • Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

That kissing photo.  It looks like Derick hates it and is resigned.  Jills looks bored and he's kissing her top lip only.  And they've never kissed on a plane? EVER???  And that hat he's wearing is ridiculous and did all the other missionaries get to head off for the day as well????

He replied that they had kissed on a plane before, BUT planes don't fly that high. 

ETA: He has altered his hashtags AND deleted his idiotic comment. 

Edited by Loves2Dance
  • Love 11
(edited)
6 hours ago, SMama said:

Looking at the pictures on the wall in the photo with Derick's family, there is a photo of Dan and Deanna. The other photos I can see are of Jill, Derick and their sons. Most likely not the Duggar house, because there would be more photos of other Duggars. I think it's Derick and Jill's place. 

Obessing a little about pictures:

In the photo with Derick's family, I can't tell at all what the photos in the brown frames. Dan and Deanna have white frame. I can't tell but the brown frame next to D&D looks it might be the picture of Michelle sitting on JB's lap kissing him. I could be wrong.

JB and Michelle have a photo of themselves kissing Jinger that shows up often in pictures of their house. But in the pinata photo, all I saw was a group photo and a young Michelle and JB photo.

In the photo, where Israel is sitting in high chair under happy 3rd birthday sign, you can see they still have Christmas cards up. I 've seen other people do that, because the photos are now in the cards. We keep the cards, but don't display them. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

He replied that they had kissed on a plane before, BUT planes don't fly that high. 

I, I, I, um WHAT????  But the plane has to fly higher to get OVER THE MOUNTAIN you're standing on!  Did he not pay attention when the pilot says like, we're now up to our cruising altitude of 30,000 feet and we'll be taking off the seatbelt sign?

Edited by DragonFaerie
  • Love 14
10 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

I’m sincerely impressed that Israel made the connection from the idea of a blue cake to the Jiffy cake mix box being blue. That’s a clear indicator of intelligence, especially for a 3 year old.

Are we sure he wasn’t mixed up with the real Dullard baby in the hospital nursery?

It breaks my heart that his intellect will not be nurtured in a way it should be because his dumbass parents don’t know how smart he is. 

He should be going to pre-school and then head off to a REAL school. None of this “home school” shit and simply writing lowercase letters as an academic lesson for him! If he were in real school, he’d be truly inspired and could think about what HE wants to be when he grows up instead of continuing in his father’s grifter footsteps. 

Jill trying to teach Israel “hola” was way too hysterical for me than it should have been. Does she really suck at every single thing she tries to do? On purpose? 

No puedo con Tia Jill!

• Love 18
3 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

I, I, I, um WHAT????  But the plane has to fly higher to get OVER THE MOUNTAIN you're standing on!  Did he not pay attention when the pilot says like, we're now up to our cruising altitude of 30,000 feet and we'll be taking off the seatbelt sign?

I rarely fly but have the line the pilot says about cruising at 30,000 feet embedded in my brain. 

9 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

6 adults for dinner and cake and they can't even manage real dishes or silverware - everyone other than Derilick has plastic silverware and plastic water glasses.  Seriously?  Lame, lazy and tacky.  

They are using cheap Wal-Mart brand paper plates. I recognize the pattern as I have the same ones.  I use them around the kitchen and occasionally for my lunch of a sandwich or cheese & crackers but nothing heavy like a full meal unless they are doubled up. They are on the small side too. Smaller than a normal size dinner plate.  Only the best for their guests. 

• Love 4

I seriously love Israel’s enthusiasm, and am sad that Jill’s poor and limited education doesn’t allow her to express enthusiasm in any way but by saying ‘yay’ over and over 

???

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Totally said:

I seriously love Israel’s enthusiasm, and am sad that Jill’s poor and limited education doesn’t allow her to express enthusiasm in any way but by saying ‘yay’ over and over 

???

She's uneducated, yes, but she's also very dumb. Compare her articulation to Jessa's, for example. 

• Love 9
7 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

Too funny!  Derick deletes himself. 

• Love 4
11 hours ago, BetyBee said:

Israel is really cute in that video.  His language skills are age appropriate and he's so excited about his birthday cake.  He really looks like Derick, but he's cute anyway.    Jill doesn't seem to listen to him much.  

Jill seems like the kind of mother who focuses her energy on children she hopes for in the future rather than the two lovely boys she already has. For her, motherhood is about being pregnant.

• Love 16
58 minutes ago, ThinkerBell said:

Jill seems like the kind of mother who focuses her energy on children she hopes for in the future rather than the two lovely boys she already has. For her, motherhood is about being pregnant.

Well, she IS her mother’s daughter. 

• Love 21
12 hours ago, BetyBee said:

Israel is really cute in that video.  His language skills are age appropriate and he's so excited about his birthday cake.  He really looks like Derick, but he's cute anyway.    

This might be one of the most awesome backhanded compliments ever!

It's funny how Jill and Derrick aren't on the show anymore but they get the most board activity as they desperately try to stay relevant and in the public eye while he proves his "worth" as the leader of his family and future super preacher/missionary.  I wouldn't be surprised if he pictures himself as the next Billy Graham, and he probably thinks he deserves to reach that level of recognition.  Meanwhile he's OK living off grifting the fans for donations and spending his wife's interest earnings (if and when JB loosens the purse strings and lets them dip into that money).  Of course even Billy knew when to be discreet and when to temper comments so he didn't alienate the audience he was trying to reach, Derrick has absolutely no filter from whatever thought he wants to roll off his brain which is exactly why he has and will continue to slowly alienate all but the most devout fans.  If he had a clue he'd being handling things the exact opposite of how he has been.  Missionary 101; do not insult or degrade those you are trying to "reach".  Pushing them away with holier than thou disdain doesn't exactly scream come to my side you'll love it here.

• Love 10
12 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

Holy shit, she is such an idiot.

• Love 12

One of Izzy's birthday photos on the Dillard's site is labeled "celebrating at the big house with Jill's family."  They got that right, the "Big House" is a prison for the Duggar kids. 

• Love 21
(edited)

Some thoughts after perusing thru the Dullard's site:

Sammy is sitting in the high chair in one of Jill's videos.  I'm figuring the birthday boy got relegated to the high chair across the room for his birthday party since there wasn't much room at the table.  Like others have said, they couldn't even make room for him at the table when they did the cake.

Besides the plain white undershirt Derick was wearing at the dinner, he also had on a pair of dark gym-like shorts. I guess he has taken on the Duggar way of getting dressed - just grab whatever is handy. Jeremy  probably had a coronary when he saw how sloppily Derick was dressed.

I wonder if Jill & Derick think about the spacious nicely furnished McMansion they left behind.  Now they are living in a small apartment with two kids.  It doesn't even have a separate eating area like most apartments do since they are always pictured eating at the table in the kitchen.  But then again, maybe less is more (and best) for this family. (No offense to people who live in small apartments.) 

I'm hoping Izzy will be allowed to go to a Christian preschool since he seems so bright & to meet kids his age. I would think Cross Church would have some type of program since they are a big church.  Even going to Sunday School would be great for Izzy. I wonder if he's allowed.  

Edited by Barb23
  • Love 4

The apartment looks really cramped and cluttered. I know grifters can't be choosers, but they must be going stir-crazy in that place. And to think, if Derick had kept his Wally World job and hadn't gotten his family booted off the show, they could've owned their own home by now.

• Love 12
55 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

One of Izzy's birthday photos on the Dillard's site is labeled "celebrating at the big house with Jill's family."  They got that right, the "Big House" is a prison for the Duggar kids. 

I wonder why they had two separate parties.  Is there some reason Derrick's family couldn't attend the gathering at the TTH? 

It just seems a bit strange they had this sad little party at the cramped apartment with the Dillards and then this other, seemingly much bigger and nicer party, at the Duggar house. Is Cathy on the outs with Jim Bob and  Michelle or something?

It just occurred to me ... they don't show Derrick in the pics or video of the Duggar party.  Hmmm.  LOL  Maybe he was holding the camera.  Surely it couldn't be that they had to have two separate parties because the two sides of the family can't be under the same roof ... Could it?

warning: the above post contains wild speculation and is not intended to start any unsubstantiated rumors!

• Love 22
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

The apartment looks really cramped and cluttered. I know grifters can't be choosers, but they must be going stir-crazy in that place. And to think, if Derick had kept his Wally World job and hadn't gotten his family booted off the show, they could've owned their own home by now.

I love this line - "Grifters can't be choosers."  Maybe that could be the title of the Dullard tell all, written by Izzy!

I'm no fan of Cathy, but I'd prefer the smaller party with my side and a better chance to interact with the grands over the zoo at the Big House.  

• Love 13
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

They really could have! They could own the beautiful Stoneybrook house that they first lived in, near Wally World, and Derick could do missioncations in his own free time. Barnacle jill would also have HAD to learn some degree of independence. Plus, if they had had prenatal care and insurance through Wally World, they probably wouldn't have had such awful birth stories, and jill could maybe have her litter of 19. Their life started out so promising, and then went completely downhill!

• Love 7
22 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

The look on Sammy's face says it all! My parents are total idiots, please save me!

HA!  I see him thinking "are you here to take me away from these crazy folks?"

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

I love this line - "Grifters can't be choosers."  Maybe that could be the title of the Dullard tell all, written by Izzy!

I'm no fan of Cathy, but I'd prefer the smaller party with my side and a better chance to interact with the grands over the zoo at the Big House.  

17 minutes ago, PoshSprinkles said:

I don't think it's that atypical. In-laws sometimes just don't "click" for whatever reason and it's easier to just have separate celebrations than try and plan one big one together. It's also possible the Byrums wanted time with Israel alone to spoil him (i.e. give him a ton of gifts that maybe he wouldn't get at his other party and they didn't want anyone to feel bad) and didn't want to compete with his other set of grandparents. They also may not have been able to attend the other party because Cathy and her husband both still work (AFAIK) and the big party could have been at a bad time. Plenty of non-conspiracy reasons, lol. I rarely had a birthday party with both sides of my family attending, but that was mainly due to the fact that one side of my family lived very far away. 

Interesting theories ... I wonder how Boob and MEchelle feel about it, though. 

Assuming that you are right and Cathy and her husband wanted a smaller separate party for the essentially "innocent" reasons you suggest (timing, one-on-one time with Izzy, lavish piles of gifts being over the top compared to what the Duggars give), I could still see Jim Bob and Michelle side-eyeing Cathy and her husband preferring to not attend the shindig at the TTH. If there wasn't tension before, this surely created some.

The idea of timing things around a job doesn't exist in the Duggar's world so I can see them not appreciating such a consideration. Despite this, given that neither Jim Bob or Michelle have jobs (nor do their kids attend school), they really should have been willing to accommodate the schedules of Cathy and her husband (and the son and his wife).  Was someone unwilling to collaborate or compromise? 

I also doubt the Duggars are able to appreciate the idea of wanting one-on-one time with a child (for obvious reasons).  And it seems like Cathy actually watches Israel a pretty fair amount of the time.  I'm not sure this rationale for having a second party would carry much weight for Jim Bob and Michelle. Nor would the idea that they couldn't come to the party because they just had so many special awesome gifts they had to stay away, lest they show up JB and Michelle and leave all the other little children feeling shortchanged. I think they would find that insulting. 

Nope. They clearly hate each other.  LOL I'm just joking, but I could actually see there being a lot of tension everyone just wanted to avoid. Derek managed to get Jill and himself fired from the show. JB apparently kicked them out of the Fancy House (I presume). Cathy is all in on Derrick and his twatter escapades, some of which have called into question the financial stranglehold Jim Bob seems to have on everyone. Things were probably already uncomfortable, and the pterodactyl Cathy and her husband requiring a private party for Izzy's birthday likely didn't help matters.

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

They really could have! They could own the beautiful Stoneybrook house that they first lived in, near Wally World, and Derick could do missioncations in his own free time. Barnacle jill would also have HAD to learn some degree of independence. Plus, if they had had prenatal care and insurance through Wally World, they probably wouldn't have had such awful birth stories, and jill could maybe have her litter of 19. Their life started out so promising, and then went completely downhill!

Many people live in small places and manage to survive, but we are talking about the Dullards here. Plus the fact, Jill thinks she is all that when it comes to care for pregnant women, so I do not think she would have gotten some decent prenatal care even if she had the chance and had insurance. Remember she is a top notch midwife, so no need to go to a real doctor who has the education and know how to take care of her and her unborn baby.

20 hours ago, Rabbittron said:

Boy they went all out and splurged on the best cake mix ever Jiffy Mix?

Ok I watched it.  I could be accused of being a BEC but that kitchen is a mess.  I also spied HER spices over her sink.  Guess its a Duggar thing.  The cake was green because they used a yellow cake mix.  They should have used a white cake mix.  

• Love 8

Question what happened to all the furniture she bought at auction before she got married?  Where are all the wedding gifts?.   

• Love 4
(edited)
11 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Many people live in small places and manage to survive, but we are talking about the Dullards here. Plus the fact, Jill thinks she is all that when it comes to care for pregnant women, so I do not think she would have gotten some decent prenatal care even if she had the chance and had insurance. Remember she is a top notch midwife, so no need to go to a real doctor who has the education and know how to take care of her and her unborn baby.

Haha that is very true! Jill thinks she knows best. When I think about their lovely McMansion, the main thing I remember is light...light everywhere. They had so many huge windows, and I remember all the scenes they filmed looking like a beautiful summer day. Their new apartment, on the other hand, looks so dank and dark. The imagery is definitely very appropriate! I could just hear my high school English teacher saying, "describe how the light and dark imagery reflects the state of their marriage." I live in a one-bedroom apartment myself, but it doesn't look like a crypt. I don't know if they prefer to have it that dark, or if there just aren't enough windows, but I would certainly get depressed in there!

IMG_6872.PNG

IMG_6873.PNG

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 8

Just think how it would look if they actually put things away!  It may not be as cramped if they knew how to use closets/drawers etc.  

1 hour ago, BetyBee said:

To be honest, could her immune system take being at the big house?  I wouldn't want to be around that many slovenly people who don't prioritize cleanliness with a MY immune system and I haven't had her health problems.  Isn't cleanliness next to godliness a thing?  

• Love 14

I agree the chaos of the TTH may be something Cathy wants to avoid. 

1 hour ago, PoshSprinkles said:

I don't think it's that atypical. In-laws sometimes just don't "click" for whatever reason and it's easier to just have separate celebrations than try and plan one big one together. It's also possible the Byrums wanted time with Israel alone to spoil him (i.e. give him a ton of gifts that maybe he wouldn't get at his other party and they didn't want anyone to feel bad) and didn't want to compete with his other set of grandparents. They also may not have been able to attend the other party because Cathy and her husband both still work (AFAIK) and the big party could have been at a bad time. Plenty of non-conspiracy reasons, lol. I rarely had a birthday party with both sides of my family attending, but that was mainly due to the fact that one side of my family lived very far away. 

Good points! I think Cathy is retired and I don't know about her husband. Dan definitely works, so he probably had to work. Then Cathy would want to spend time with Derick and Dan together and their families. That seems logical. 

• Love 3