Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

(edited)

I'd like to take Jill's entire Chick Fil A order and shove it all in her mouth. She looks like a flaming dumbass (and spells like one, too). "Half to." JFC. 

Edited by Heathen
To clarify the sentence because I'm not a Dullard.
  • Love 14
1 minute ago, Lunera said:

I've walked longer for better food and I'm not a mom. I seriously hate those "You know you're a mom when...." posts

PREACH! Or the "As a mother, I feel [I am superior in every way to your lowly self]" shit. 

• Love 18

I hate all of those  "you know you are a ______________"  It's so obnoxious.

I love her hashtag of   "we didn't half to walk all the way back"  :)  :)  :)

It's HAVE, you idiot. 

• Love 18

My great great grandmother (may she rest in peace) walked for over a week with her dead infant son and her other children to where my great great grandfather was working at in the late 1880's so her son could have a proper burial with a minister or priest and for her husband to be able to say goodbye. I could not imagine what it must have been like for her and her other children. She was one strong lady. Jill on the other hand... Why the heck did she walk for over a hour for some food in the heat without proper sun protection for her sons. I do not blame Izzy and Sammy for looking at her like she is the dumbest woman on the planet. My great great grandmother was also a full blood Native American and religious, but she would probably think and say a few unkind things about Jill and Derick.

4 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

What the hell is Jill talking about, anyway? "You know you're a mom when you walk an hour and ten minutes with both boys to get a chick-fil-a? " What does this have to do with motherhood?

What she should have said is "You know you are a helpless dumbass when you drag two little boys on an hour long walk so you can buy a chicken sandwich just to entertain yourself because you are too lame to fend for yourself at home for a week and have to follow your husband across the country so he can wipe your ass for you."

#clingon

• Love 11
10 minutes ago, Heathen said:

PREACH! Or the "As a mother, I feel [I am superior in every way to your lowly self]" shit. 

After my college roommate gave birth to her first kid several years ago, she'd start every social media post with "As a mother who breastfed, blah, blah, blah." She could be talking about anything from youth soccer to Halloween costumes and would still manage to insert it in there somewhere. I unfollowed her a long time ago, but I imagine she's still Mommy-shaming with gusto.

• Love 18

I just went back to the Instagram post and she corrected the last hashtag. I haven’t read the comments yet, but I’m sure a few of them pointed out her mistake. 

• Love 1

That caption (walking for an hour!) plus Iz's pose (apparently tired and shielding his face from the sun)--only a true idiot would post this to social media if they care about their public image. Oh, wait . . . 

• Love 23
4 minutes ago, graefin said:

That caption (walking for an hour!) plus Iz's pose (apparently tired and shielding his face from the sun)--only a true idiot would post this to social media if they care about their public image. Oh, wait . . . 

That's what makes Jill's #momlife posts such hilarious failures. What mother with half an ounce of common sense would think it's a smart idea to walk an hour down a busy street for fast-food?

• Love 18
31 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

An hour walk for Chik Fil A?! Wouldn't it have been easier to have food delivered? And Jilly Muff, if you're going to force your toddler to shlep down the side of a freeway for chicken nuggets, please put a hat on him. Alabaster skin, blonde hair and the sun are not a good combination. 

Jilly Willy should have just waited for Derick to pick them up and drive them there. Or had him go through drive through. Who pushes a baby in a stroller alongside a three lane road for an hour just to get fast food? 

• Love 13

Why oh why does Jill tag along on these trips for Derick's school?  It costs a ton of money and she has no reason to be there. 

Cross Church is hosting a tour to Israel in July at a cost of $5,050 + tips PER PERSON!  I wonder if the Dillard duo will be on that trip too.

• Love 13
53 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Izzy is literally facepalming himself. The kid is what, like 4 years old? And he already has Jill's number.

I am busy imagining how weary the little guy is.

• Love 13
4 hours ago, Barb23 said:

Jill may be interested in reading this book I just came across in Rachael Ray's Everday magazine. It's called "Styling for Instagram" written by Leela Cyd, who is a lifestyle photographer. Sounds like she takes a lot of food pictures.  It says the book "focuses on how to build a visually stunning social media feed."  Just what Jill & Derick need. 

The Duggars can't take a decent photograph of anything. Their photos of their adorable toddler aren't particularly cute. We've also seen plenty of food photos from the Dillards, and they are uniformly unappealing. Jill puts in zero effort on anything, and this is no different. She tries out a recipe once (and maybe not even once), then posts it on SM as her own with someone else's photo. It really would not be possible to do any less work on this.

They could put together a fundie lifestyle site and probably do pretty well with their built-in audience, but they will have to put in some effort, and they've never shown any willingness to do that.

• Love 9
(edited)
15 minutes ago, Mollie said:

Why oh why does Jill tag along on these trips for Derick's school?  It costs a ton of money and she has no reason to be there. 

I don't get it either, especially now that Izzy's at an age where he needs to occupy his own seat on the airplane. That's two extra tickets to pay for. Derick probably doesn't even want her tagging along, but fears Jill will have a nervous breakdown if she's home alone and accidentally gets a piece of their neighbor's mail. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 20
54 minutes ago, Marigold said:

I know it is hot and sunny so that magnifies every facial detail.   Let's just say I feel better about my 48 year old skin. 

I feel better about my 58-year-old skin!

• Love 6
On 4/3/2018 at 4:03 PM, JoanArc said:

In an exerpt from my book Growing Up Duggar

So...a congregation isn't needed!

(and who knew they let the boys watch Daniel Boone movies?)

Might be slightly the wrong thread, but this really struck me:

Dad always wants to demonstrate this kind of gentlemanly behavior for all of us, especially the boys, but sometimes he forgets. He asked us to help him with reminders when needed. Years ago, he was working on honoring Mom in several specific ways, including remembering to open the car door for her. He had always done this during the earlier years of marriage, but recently, since we'd outgrown our fifteen-passenger van and had to transport everyone in two separate cars, it hadn't been happening as frequently.

Mom agreed to help him remember to do this by waiting and giving him the opportunity to come around to her side of the car. One afternoon they headed to the local paint store to pick out paint for one of our rental houses, and just as Dad got out of the car he got a phone call. Distracted by the call, he proceeded on toward the store and was almost to the door, continuing his phone call, when Mom, still waiting in the car, leaned over and gently tapped the horn.

Dad turned around, puzzled, and spotted Mom, laughing and waving from the front seat of the car. Dad realized he had forgotten to open the car door for her and came running to get her. We kids laughed so hard that night as they recounted the entire event to us.

This just appears so wrong...How difficult would it have been for her to catch up to him and tease, "did you forget something?". It would have sent exactly the same message without actually inconveniencing him. And then again, this is the same man who apparently wanted her to make him breakfast when she was in labor before heading to the hospital. It's as though they have these totally "paint-by-number" behaviors, where if they decide one thing is important, that gets followed at all costs, and if another behavior has not been addressed, there is no real sense that they really particularly pay attention to, or show consideration for each other on a case-by-case basis.

• Love 12

“while papa was busy with the rest of the team from church!”

Does this mean Jill is part of the team , and she’s just wandering around? Or does she mean Derick is part of the team, and she’s not?

Why is she there? Is this another mission trip or for something else?

• Love 4

Growing up, these were the wet wipes I remember my mom using most of the time on all her babies and kiddos. I don’t always make my own wipes, but this certainly is a great way to save money. And if your baby has a rash, make the wipes without alcohol and they’ll be gentler on baby.

1 T baby oil

1 T baby bath (optional)

1 T rubbing alcohol (optional; prevents mildew)

2 cups water

1/2 Bounty* paper towel roll

Directions:

Cut paper towel roll in half with electric knife or bread knife and place (rough side down) in container with lid that has hole for dispensing (a gallon plastic ice cream bucket with slits like a straw hole cut in top works great!). Mix baby oil, baby bath, rubbing alcohol and water together and pour over the 1/2 roll of paper towels in bucket. Let sit 5 min. until moist all the way through. Slowly pull out cardboard center. Grab first towel from center of roll and feed through hole in lid of bucket.

Notes: *Bounty paper towels are thicker than other types and won’t shred when wet. If you’re gonna be keeping the wipes in the car or a hot climate, you will probably want to make sure you add the alcohol to keep them from mildewing. However, if you usually go through them quickly then it might not matter.

Photo:

www.pixabay.com @Engin_Akyurt

• Love 2

Did she make Izzy walk the whole way? I can't see if the stroller is a twofer so he could sit as well, but if she made a three year old walk for over an hour in the hot sun that's effing insane and she should lose her parenting license.

If he was able to sit and be pushed along with his brother I have no issue really; that just sounds like a regular stroll. I walk my dog for longer than that every day and most moms I know with babies and toddlers do the same. Hats would've been nice though and I'm hoping Jill had the sense to put some sunscreen on those kids.

• Love 12
(edited)
49 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Growing up, these were the wet wipes I remember my mom using most of the time on all her babies and kiddos. I don’t always make my own wipes, but this certainly is a great way to save money. And if your baby has a rash, make the wipes without alcohol and they’ll be gentler on baby.

1 T baby oil

1 T baby bath (optional)

1 T rubbing alcohol (optional; prevents mildew)

2 cups water

1/2 Bounty* paper towel roll

Directions:

Cut paper towel roll in half with electric knife or bread knife and place (rough side down) in container with lid that has hole for dispensing (a gallon plastic ice cream bucket with slits like a straw hole cut in top works great!). Mix baby oil, baby bath, rubbing alcohol and water together and pour over the 1/2 roll of paper towels in bucket. Let sit 5 min. until moist all the way through. Slowly pull out cardboard center. Grab first towel from center of roll and feed through hole in lid of bucket.

Notes: *Bounty paper towels are thicker than other types and won’t shred when wet. If you’re gonna be keeping the wipes in the car or a hot climate, you will probably want to make sure you add the alcohol to keep them from mildewing. However, if you usually go through them quickly then it might not matter.

Photo:

www.pixabay.com @Engin_Akyurt

Someone! Please make it stop. (Especially with using the word "gonna"!)

Wouldn't someone write "Make sure you have a one gallon sized bucket that measures X x Y, similar to a __________,  to use as a dispenser?" as part of the "this is what you need" section?

I read the "recipe" and she is so damn unclear about everything that I wouldn't know how to make these "wipes" if my life depended on it.

It's interesting that she's more concerned about the wipes lasting in the heat more than her kids!  Those boys don't have a hat/sunglasses on (strongly doubt they’re wearing sunblock) nor does it appear that she owns a stroller that offers some sun protection. (I could be wrong about the stroller, but the angle from which the photo was taken suggests the stroller didn't have anything to block the sun.)

Edited by Bridget
  • Love 10
(edited)
2 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

The Duggars can't take a decent photograph of anything. Their photos of their adorable toddler aren't particularly cute. We've also seen plenty of food photos from the Dillards, and they are uniformly unappealing. Jill puts in zero effort on anything, and this is no different. She tries out a recipe once (and maybe not even once), then posts it on SM as her own with someone else's photo. It really would not be possible to do any less work on this.

They could put together a fundie lifestyle site and probably do pretty well with their built-in audience, but they will have to put in some effort, and they've never shown any willingness to do that.

There is good money to be made in YouTube channels. Snooki and Jenni, for example, run a mommy-type blog where they essentially film themselves with their kids all day. Each video gets a few million views, and judging by their nice houses, they're sitting pretty financially. Had the Duggars any ounce of talent or creativity or concept of work, they could be making a mint. Say what you will about Snooki and Jenni (and there's plenty), but they understood how to re-brand themselves and have done it successfully. Since the Duggars have no problem using their kids to turn a buck, it should be no problem.

Since Jill  and Derick have been kicked off the show and are probably no longer under contract, they could easily do something like this. And bonus - no pesky TLC execs "censoring" their fundie bullshit. Derick could film himself doing sermons that no one will listen to, but Jill and the kids could rake in the viewers.

Edited by EarlGreyTea
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, EVS said:

FWIW, Jill just posted a picture on her Instagram of herself and both boys in  Colorado Springs.  The best part is the last hashtag. (Eta: It was originally “..halftowalkback”)

@BitterApple

Definitely not a double stroller! 

Why is Jill wearing a T-shirt and Izzy wearing a toggle coat if it’s so warm outside? I zoomed in, but can’t tell what material his jacket is made from. 

Her crow’s feet are so ugly because they’re so premature and so deep! 

• Love 7

Israel is barely three. I'm not a mother (and im hoping to never become a mother) but I don't think dragging your barely three year old on a 80 min walk is a very good idea. What happened when he got tired?? 

• Love 14

Is it possible that Israel is riding on the end of the stroller, like I did on grocery carts when I was little? That was my first thought, but since I haven't been blessed with a Fundie Prince Charming and blessings of my own, I know next to nothing about strollers. 

Other than Mackynzie and Meredith, I think I feel sorriest for Israel. His parents are idiots and I get the distinct impression they think he's a burden. 

• Love 13
7 minutes ago, Bridget said:

@BitterApple

Definitely not a double stroller! 

Why is Jill wearing a T-shirt and Izzy wearing a toggle coat if it’s so warm outside? I zoomed in, but can’t tell what material his jacket is made from. 

Her crow’s feet are so ugly because they’re so premature and so deep! 

Colorado Springs had a high of 68 today. Izzy shouldn't have been in a jacket. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Is it possible that Israel is riding on the end of the stroller, like I did on grocery carts when I was little? That was my first thought, but since I haven't been blessed with a Fundie Prince Charming and blessings of my own, I know next to nothing about strollers. 

Other than Mackynzie and Meredith, I think I feel sorriest for Israel. His parents are idiots and I get the distinct impression they think he's a burden. 

Sadly they think Izzy is a burden, and soon enough they probably will think the same thing about Sammy.

(edited)
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:
Growing up, these were the wet wipes I remember my mom using most of the time on all her babies and kiddos. I don't always make my own wipes, but this certainly is a great way to save money. And if your baby has a rash, make the wipes without alcohol and they’ll be gentler on baby.

First, before I make fun of this, I think that this was one of the things that they did in the early specials: they showed a lot of their money saving tips like making your own detergent.

Now, to get down to business. Jill does not remember her mother ever using any kind of wipe on her babies or kiddos, because she never spent 30 seconds with the kiddos, and her job was to birth and nurse the babies, not clean up their diapers. The phrase "I don't always make my own wipes," while literally true, could easily be replaced with the phrase "I never make my own wipes."

Oh, and for Christ's sake, she stole a picture of a paper towel? She can't even take a picture of a paper towel?

Edited by cmr2014
One more thing . . .
  • Love 12

Why would you walk more than an hour for Chick fil a?  They’re in Colorado Springs, the home of Focus on the Family, and Fundie Central.  I’m pretty sure there was a nice, local restaurant owned by the right kind of Christian she could have gone to.

• Love 19
15 minutes ago, irisheyes said:

Why would you walk more than an hour for Chick fil a?  They’re in Colorado Springs, the home of Focus on the Family, and Fundie Central.  I’m pretty sure there was a nice, local restaurant owned by the right kind of Christian she could have gone to.

I was gonna say. . . Colorado Springs is like Mecca, but for fundies. Full of fundies and fundy-run businesses. Maybe Chick-fil-A tosses them a nickel every time they mention them?

• Love 5
1 minute ago, LilJen said:

I was gonna say. . . Colorado Springs is like Mecca, but for fundies. Full of fundies and fundy-run businesses. Maybe Chick-fil-A tosses them a nickel every time they mention them?

If it's already full of fundies, why go there to try to convert people?

• Love 7
3 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Sam's look of total disapproval in the third picture is awesome.

It truly is. I came to comment on the 3rd pic. He's so over it.

3 hours ago, jennblevins said:

There’s a Chick-Fil-A about an hour’s walk from my office. If I borrow two of the male interns (I’m old, they’re boys to me) and take them out to lunch, does that make me a mom?  

Only if you take pics and make them walk an hour in the blinding sun with no head or eye protection. 

• Love 6

Walking that distance without proper sun protection must have been miserable for those poor boys. I doubt they are used to that altitude, so the thinner air and harsher sun must have been even more punishing than expected.

Jilly really needs a proper skin care regimen. She could even put it on her blog (with more stolen pictures, of course).

• Love 4

Someone (and by that, I mean one of us) should inquire about her glowing complexion and ask what she does. It's obvious she does nothing, so it would be fun to watch her tapdance around the question in order to acknowledge a "compliment."

• Love 3