Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, MonicaM said:

They post pictures of every other aspect of their lives, you'd think that if he was actually WORKING on something, he'd proudly post photos of himself with paint brush and roller in hand.  

Exactly. What better way to promote Jesus or the brand?

• Love 1

If they went down to Mexico to help a plant church, I’m wondering if the church also has (or plans to have) a church school and if they would use the same building (the school uses it during the week). If so, then Derick supposedly painting a school would just mean that he helped paint the church, as opposed to helping paint and fix up a local school. 

• Love 7

Derick is still claiming that he has a job and is still refusing to say what that job is.  He probably doesn't want his sucker list of donors to know that he has enough money coming in and doesn't really need their donations.  If he weren't so uncoordinated, I'd bet that his 'job' is mowing lawns and doing repair work on houses for Jim Bob (like his brother-in-law Ben). 

Derick.png

• Love 24

In a tweet last year, didn’t Derick state something like he had been working for over 20 years and counted school in that number going all the way back to kindergarten or first grade?  My guess is that he counts this church ministry program, where he is a student or in training, as a job.

eta: Has he claimed to have a paying job?

Edited by EVS
  • Love 12
56 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Currently,  the page is blank. So, that’s what he’s working on, I guess, their “different direction”.

The last post on that site before they removed all of the content was on February 6.

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:4NWhGpU4WckJ:https://www.dillardfamily.com/blogs+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=il

They posted, "we will now be transitioning into a slightly different missions role in CCSM at another Cross Church campus. This will allow Derick to focus more on the additional seminary hours he would like to complete, as well as provide a look at other ministry aspects before our term ends." [Note that Jill makes it sound like she is also a student at the School of Ministry.]  In February, Derick had already left missionary activities to international students.  They boasted about the "wonderful opportunities" they had: "hosted a table at a 'hot pot' event" and "helped organize a last-minute international Christmas party at the College pastor's home."  Not much to say for six months! And why was the Christmas party organized at the "last-minute?"  Did they forget the date of Christmas?

But, wait!  They still have one more mission/vacation trip coming up.  This one will take them to convert the heathens and pagans in the wilds of Colorado.  Maybe the bears will find them on that mission field.  

• Love 11
6 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I want actually proof Derelict help paint a school because my bull crap radar is ringing.

*Cue Jill furiously splashing paint on Derick's hands, then posting a close up to instagram*

$53,000 is 981,830.30 Mexican Peso. I googled- roughly - 158,860 Peso is around average yearly income for a Mexican person. The gringos could've stayed home and funded 6 Mexican families for a year! Jesus Christ. Hope it was a good trip, you uptight posers.

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 22
5 hours ago, Mollie said:

Derick is still claiming that he has a job and is still refusing to say what that job is.  He probably doesn't want his sucker list of donors to know that he has enough money coming in and doesn't really need their donations.  If he weren't so uncoordinated, I'd bet that his 'job' is mowing lawns and doing repair work on houses for Jim Bob (like his brother-in-law Ben). 

Derick.png

Bro? What is this, Saved By The Bell?

8 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Spot Dullard in the 2nd picture changing those kids lives one stroke at a time

Yep prayer walking and sharing the gospel will sure help the needs of hunger, no shelter, etc.

• Love 7
34 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Spot Dullard in the 2nd picture changing those kids lives one stroke at a time

I wonder if the woman in the background with the jeans and T-shirt is Jill (in the 2nd picture w/Derick in foreground)?

He's a little close to that woman with shorts on, how scandoluly tempting. I guess he's trying not to defraud her by looking like a nelly girly-man holding a paintbrush for the first time.

When I was in high school I helped re-paint the halls of an elementary school. It was nothing too difficult or special, I just did it for community service hours. Cathy is acting like Derick actually accomplished something extraordinary, yeah maybe if he was 3 not 30.

• Love 17
6 hours ago, Mollie said:

Derick.png

Lmfaoooo!!!. "Grifting, leeching and breeding aren't jobs." Jenn, whoever you are, come and be my best friend.

• Love 15
7 hours ago, EVS said:

In a tweet last year, didn’t Derick state something like he had been working for over 20 years and counted school in that number going all the way back to kindergarten or first grade?  

Bahaha This made me laugh so hard! I have never heard anyone consider their work history as extending back to elementary school. 

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Zella said:

Bahaha This made me laugh so hard! I have never heard anyone consider their work history as extending back to elementary school. 

How much you want to bet he's counting chores he did for mommy for $

Dickweed, we all do chores when we're 5 years old but we don't count it in our 'work history' or use mommy as a reference on our resume.

• Love 12

I loathe Dreck. With all my heart. In fact, I loathe him as much as that abuser pig whose name or face I cannot bear to look at or write. He is a truly despiccable digusting person. And his Mother!! Small wonder he is the way he is, she's just as batshit crazy as he is and neither is willing to look deep inside themselves.

Such a pity I'm Dreck blocked, I would let him have to very much.

• Love 16
14 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Cross Church retweeted a post with some pictures of the top secret mission.....

“Prayer walking & helping paint an elementary school in Guadalajara”

9CEBE32B-3C91-4C01-902D-D40EF76B3E61.jpeg

8AC7C367-035D-4604-AE6E-F14345964E8F.jpeg

That is a low cut shirt Jill is wearing in the top picture. 

57 minutes ago, MunichNark said:

I loathe Dreck. With all my heart. In fact, I loathe him as much as that abuser pig whose name or face I cannot bear to look at or write. He is a truly despiccable digusting person. And his Mother!! Small wonder he is the way he is, she's just as batshit crazy as he is and neither is willing to look deep inside themselves.

Such a pity I'm Dreck blocked, I would let him have to very much.

I wonder what Derick's brother and his wife think about Cathy, Derick, and their relationship.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

I wonder what Derick's brother and his wife think about Cathy, Derick, and their relationship.

I secretly hope Derick's stepfather and the cat from cat gate will write a tell all book.

Edited by bigskygirl
2 hours ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

And pants!  

Funny thing, it looks like Jill is the only appropriately dressed person there!  Other than the two kids in the front. Oh and maybe Dreck. Looks like he may have pants on too. 

Edited by Lady Edith
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

WTF is prayer walking?

I looked it up. It is literally what it says -- walking around and praying. Thank God these kids' parents had $1500 to pony up for them to go to Mexico over spring break to walk around praying.

• Love 16
16 hours ago, Lunera said:

When I was in high school I helped re-paint the halls of an elementary school. It was nothing too difficult or special, I just did it for community service hours. Cathy is acting like Derick actually accomplished something extraordinary, yeah maybe if he was 3 not 30.

@Lunera   - Now you know that you should update your resume to include missionary work!  

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

I looked it up. It is literally what it says -- walking around and praying. Thank God these kids' parents had $1500 to pony up for them to go to Mexico over spring break to walk around praying.

During a  Winter Break when my son was in college he & others from his architecture class volunteered to go to NC & helped build 2 houses for Habitat for Humanity.  The school provided  the vans they went in & they slept at local churches which also provided meals.  They just had to chip in for gas & incidental food.  I'm sure they got much  more done than this group and they had a great time.

• Love 17
3 hours ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

I zoomed in. Jill has a peach cami under her green shirt. It matches the color of her skin. Notice she never wears shorts like Jinger or even Jana. (I was going to make a comment that she may have been really hot in pants down there, but then I realized that her attire may have been appropriate given the culture there.) 

16 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I don’t know how I missed this one:

For once, I'm going to have to go with Derick on this one. Patti should have elaborated on what remarks were right and which were wrong, and while the question about premarital sex views is fair, she's making accusations about Joy and Austin that are only rumor, have not been proven to be true, and have nothing to do with Derick and Jill.

The way to get Derick to experience cognitive dissonance about his beliefs is not to attack him or his family, including extended family. He'll just get defensive and feel more strongly about his beliefs.

Edited by madpsych78
  • Love 9

It annoys me that the paint job is only going to last a few months, if that. They didn't prepare the walls, at least by scraping the flaking paint. Maybe they figured it would be a reason to come back.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Catlyn said:

It annoys me that the paint job is only going to last a few months, if that. They didn't prepare the walls, at least by scraping the flaking paint. Maybe they figured it would be a reason to come back.

I couldn't help but wonder just how many times had those walls been repainted as a missionary project by missioncationers. And you're 100% right. Instead of providing a lasting, impactful improvement, they went the easiest, quickest route. They can all go home, patting themselves on the back, bragging they painted a school for the poor heathen children, when they basically colored a picture and hung it on the wall of the local Denny's. 

Edited by Fostersmom
  • Love 22

Dreck is wearing Bermuda shorts, which apparently isn't appropriate in Guadalathingy, I can't spell it without looking it up.

I genuinely don't understand these missionications at all. Does anyone honestly think all they have to do is either to hand out flyers, sweets or paint nails, school walls or do stupid sketches for "the natives" to fall over themselves to join their cult? I mean, honestly? A Missionary should do both - lead by example by actually doing charitable works to entice people to join whatever their respective Church is. Why would someone in South America or Central America want to join this?

• Love 8
19 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

So these bozos don't even know how to paint surfaces? Painting over peeling paint, genius. They should have stayed home.

But if they took the time to do the job right and scrape, it would take the whole trip and not just one afternoon.  When my church youth group did a mission trip to West Virginia,  it took us a whole week to scrape and paint am old school house. 

When would they have time to pass out tracks and witness in the street?  And then they have to have some kind of vacation on top of that.

• Love 10

Prayer walking is the same thing as when you see a need but tell them you’ll pray for them instead of meeting that need. 

They get to feel like they’re doing something without having to “get their hands dirty “. 

In a word...bullshit. Or is that two?

• Love 19
1 hour ago, MunichNark said:

Dreck is wearing Bermuda shorts, which apparently isn't appropriate in Guadalathingy, I can't spell it without looking it up.

I genuinely don't understand these missionications at all. Does anyone honestly think all they have to do is either to hand out flyers, sweets or paint nails, school walls or do stupid sketches for "the natives" to fall over themselves to join their cult? I mean, honestly? A Missionary should do both - lead by example by actually doing charitable works to entice people to join whatever their respective Church is. Why would someone in South America or Central America want to join this?

I'm still waiting on an answer to this question, too. Even if the locals vaguely understand, for example, the meaning of their ridiculous skits, how will this translate to them distinguishing the "correct" Jesus from the Catholic one they are already familiar with?

• Love 2
On 3/23/2018 at 6:47 PM, Normades said:

Does anyone know if they're winning the stupid photo contest? I don't do Facebook. Nothing against Izzy, but I hope they lose. I would vote for another kid without any qualms if I could.

Nope. They're still off by over 400 points. 

On 3/23/2018 at 9:21 PM, ginger90 said:

Dropping this here. Have a nice weekend !

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• Love 13
3 hours ago, Fostersmom said:

I couldn't help but wonder just how many times had those walls been repainted as a missionary project by missioncationers. 

That was my first thought when Derick mentioned painting. It’s not an uncommon practice among those sorts of organizations. They want the volunteers to feel productive and included, but what they really want is money/publicity and most of the volunteers don’t have the skills and mindset to do what really needs doing anyway. Meanwhile, people like painting walls. It’s fun (if you don’t go to the effort of properly preparing the surface, which is what takes the most time and energy). It looks different right away so you can pat yourself on the back. So each new group of volunteers paints the wall a different color while the grown-ups do the real work (or cash the checks). 

Edited by Panopticon
My phone can’t type.
  • Love 12
26 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

I'm still waiting on an answer to this question, too. Even if the locals vaguely understand, for example, the meaning of their ridiculous skits, how will this translate to them distinguishing the "correct" Jesus from the Catholic one they are already familiar with?

I feel pretty sure some kind of plaintext lecture follows the skits, about all the things that Catolicos do "wrong" vs. Protestantes, and thus they don't depend upon people understanding the skits.  The skits' purpose is to convince people to stop and pay attention, plus making them think the born-agains are "hip" by not relying solely upon lectures.  

• Love 4
7 hours ago, queenanne said:

I feel pretty sure some kind of plaintext lecture follows the skits, about all the things that Catolicos do "wrong" vs. Protestantes, and thus they don't depend upon people understanding the skits.  The skits' purpose is to convince people to stop and pay attention, plus making them think the born-agains are "hip" by not relying solely upon lectures.  

Sure because that's how it works. Nothing like about seeing a skit that just makes you want to convert. 

3 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

OMG, Pickles thinks she can broker peace between Derelict, Jazz, and the Parkland kids. I'm DYING here. 

29542464_1525238964241574_1259509028237732030_n.jpg

I just came on to post the same. Is she fucking insane and losing the run of herself? She has gotten progressively worse over time, but seriously? She needs to be evaluated for psychiatric issues.

WHO does that? What would a child care for that crazy bitch, a priest?? What's a Parkland activist? Start a grifting page to pay for it?

• Love 14