Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, NewDigs said:

I've wondered same. But the Dullards couldn't personally use a gazillion kid's size backpacks. Though not sure the CA locals could either.

Giving them a shred of a benefit of doubt I'm guessing that Walmart CA prices are higher than Walmart AR prices. But extra baggage fees can really add up.

And I still want to know, Why so many backpacks?

And I did not see what they stomped into the duffels. There are limits to my TeeVeeDuggar attention. Big limits.

I've gotten lists from several different groups (American Indian Reservation, Foster Families, Mexican Children's Homes) requesting things for kids and backpacks with some school supplies are always on the list.

• Love 4

Zahdii, huge slow clap to your entire post. It does feel like the Dullards are just treading water in Danger America. Besides hosting a stream of Missioncationing Fundies, they don't seem to do much else. They can't even speak fluent Spanish, so how successful can they possibly be in converting the Catholics? 

I think Jill is just biding her time until she can make a respectable exit and return home to the safety of the TTH. Derick on the other hand, seems perfectly happy living a hipster bohemian existence.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Zahdii said:

Now J&D are trying again, but I don't think they're really trying.  I think they're marking time.  Derek is probably just trying to stay away from the toxic Duggars and maybe recapture his glory days at Nepal.  Jill is just waiting until she can get back to her family.  

They're married strangers who should have passed the "polite" stage a year ago and gone straight to "getting real", which will never happen. Triple D doesn't seem to realize that his wife has no other earthly ambitions than bearing as many babies as humanly possible. Jilly Muffin isn't interested in dealing with a husband that hasn't grown up yet.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Missy Vixen said:

They're married strangers who should have passed the "polite" stage a year ago and gone straight to "getting real", which will never happen. Triple D doesn't seem to realize that his wife has no other earthly ambitions than bearing as many babies as humanly possible. Jilly Muffin isn't interested in dealing with a husband that hasn't grown up yet.

Derelict doesn't display much ambition: grifting, lording his 'bible-believing' shit over others here and there and getting a free wife from a cult. Not exactly a go-getter. 

• Love 7

I should be ashamed of myself, but the nickname Derelict is cracking me up.

I mean to say cracking me up not quacking me up. *lol* I blame it on my thyroid med dosage change. *whistles*

3 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I should be ashamed of myself, but the nickname Derelict is quacking me up.

I said a few days ago that they have to work him into any future Zoolander movies. He certainly has the Mugabi's look down pat.

• Love 1

Christ, Derilict (love it!) can't even mention his own mother in the video? He has to mumble out something nice to Michelle instead. Guess Cathy never won a motherhood trophy. Maybe Dan remembered.

• Love 5

I am SHOCKED at how Derick looks. 

He looks absolutely out of his mind. 

I grew up Fund Lite (no Gothard either). That look is SO FREAKING UNACCEPTABLE I can't even tell you. Jim Bob's head must be spinning around. You guys didn't grow up like that so it looks only stupid to you. To me? There are no words. Just shock. 

From a non-Fund view, he looks like a dirty hippie smoking a lot of weed. 

• Love 13

Yeah, he certainly seems to have the "stoned hippie Jesus" look going on now.  I like it better than "Captain Caveman" though.

Maybe it's deliberate to keep his inlaws away?

• Love 8

Derick is clearly trying to kill Jim Bob with that look. Jim Bob is probably experiencing heart pain right now. 

I showed my teen son... he said "that's a Duggar!!!???? Looks like he smokes a lot of weed". 

• Love 12

I haven't seen any of the Jill/Derick bits of the new show so this clip kind of shocked me; this is how he sounds all the time?? That surgery must've really done a number on the guy. He looks absolutely horrible and sounds drugged out of his skull, with a mouth full of cotton, and this months after the surgery?

I showed my teen son... he said "that's a Duggar!!!???? Looks like he smokes a lot of weed"

Maybe he is smoking a lot of weed. It's good for chronic pain, right?

Derick is clearly trying to kill Jim Bob with that look. Jim Bob is probably experiencing heart pain right now. 

And for that alone I approve of it. Even if he looks like shit.

I do wonder if it's a passive aggressive dig at Jim Bob and his super neat freak clean-shaved helmet head fundie look.

• Love 15

Okay, I agree that he looks whacked out on something, but I can tell you that when you live in a hot and humid climate, a shower lasts until you get out of it.  We lived in south Louisiana for a lot of years, and hurricanes passed through there regularly and we lost power for days.  Since the water never got really cold, we could still shower.  Felt good until we got out and started drying off and then the sweating would start again.  Refreshing only while you are standing under the water.  I'm wondering if that is the case with him/them, or they don't even try.  And Jill with that mop of hair.  Probably will mildew before it dries completely!!

• Love 12
(edited)

I love that picture!

The icing on the cake is the "Happy Mother's Day!!!" In the upper left corner.

Love. It.

Edited by NewDigs
More exclamation points needed.
  • Love 1

Michelle is probably calling 911, using that calm, crazy, baby voice that she used for Jessa's ambulance. 

"yes, he saw a picture on facebook and now he can't breathe"

• Love 17
47 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Derrick sounds high as shit. Good for him.

Aside from the odd hair/scarf situation, I actually think he looks much better.

I just watched the 24 second video.  I seriously think Derick is on drugs, y'all.  I know druggies; I used to be one.  Whether it's doctor prescribed, bought on the street or grown in his back yard, he's high as a kite in that video.

• Love 10

I totally agree. He looks very high on something and sounds high on something. Jill has a huge mess on her hands and she probably has no ide.  I really hope Derick is well but...

• Love 2

In all seriousness, does this level of fundies even allow pain relief stronger than Advil? We really don't have much to go on, aside from all the natural births (including Mechelle's non c-section hospital births). I remember Jill balking at taking the painkillers after she had her wisdom teeth taken out and how Joy was on pill patrol. But did Jill really take the medication? We just don't know. 

Derick never seems all there to me anyway, so this video is really no surprise; neither of them have their feet firmly planted on the ground, and it shows in just about every single thing they do. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Christ, Derilict (love it!) can't even mention his own mother in the video? He has to mumble out something nice to Michelle instead. Guess Cathy never won a motherhood trophy. Maybe Dan remembered.

Or maybe he doesn't feel the need to wish his Mom a Happy Mother's Day on YouTube. Maybe he can just, you know, call her, Skype her, or if she's still visiting tell her face to face.

• Love 18
(edited)

Some US prescription pain killers are available OTC in C/A.  Perhaps Derick is aware of this & using them for any post surgery pain he might be having.

Edited by ariel
  • Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Derrick sounds high as shit. Good for him.

I love it. Coachella inspired? The beard is tidier, his hair is out of his face. If he could gain about 30 pounds he would be pretty cute. Gee, do you suppose he is going for a mun? 

Edited by sometimesy
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Joe Jitsu913 said:

Jill looks sooo high in this pic. Derick looks like your local Meth head.  You know Jim Bob's helmet head is exploding at this very moment. The fundie uniform is khakis, Polos, and a cell phone holster with ugly thrift store sneakers.  Derick will be on Boob's shit list in no time.

I didn't get "high" from the video, but the picture blows my mind.

First of all, where is Jill's "modesty" undershirt here? There are clavicle's everywhere, and skin.

Personally, I think Derick looks 1000x better as hipster-stoner than he did as cave-man, but wow. I would expect him to at least comb his hair, lose the head scarf, put on a clean shirt, and take off the little necklace before making a video for his uber-conservative MIL. It also looked (to me) like it was a loooot of work for Derick to come up with something nice to say about his MIL.

• Love 7
(edited)

Derick's teeth look different again in that video...It seems that he not only has a gap between his front teeth, which I don't recall him having before, but that also puts the middle of his upper teeth misaligned slightly to the right (as you face him, not his right), whereas I'm almost sure they were all too far to the left before.

That being said, he almost looks cute here...I like that look on him. Jill actually looks pretty as well. Though it could just be that the video is rather fuzzy.

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • Love 2
39 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

First of all, where is Jill's "modesty" undershirt here? There are clavicle's everywhere, and skin.

Personally, I think Derick looks 1000x better as hipster-stoner than he did as cave-man, but wow. I would expect him to at least comb his hair, lose the head scarf, put on a clean shirt, and take off the little necklace before making a video for his uber-conservative MIL. It also looked (to me) like it was a loooot of work for Derick to come up with something nice to say about his MIL.

Derelict has been wearing that necklace thing since they first filmed in Danger America a few months ago for the first few updates before the family started showing up down there in waves. I wonder what its significance is?

I am embarrassed to admit that I looked up the weather in El Salvatore today -- it is 90 degrees with 90% humidity. I think that Derick cut his hair and shaved his beard because he was hot. Jill isn't layering shirts because she is hot. The appear to be drugged nincompoops (even more than usual) because they are hot.

The fact that Izzy seems more lethargic than Spurgy probably has more to do with weather than personality and intellect -- neither one of them hit the genetic jackpot in either department.

I'd like to think that Derick and Jill are making some of their own decisions and moving away from the hard-core Gothardisms (shorts on Derick, less layering for Jill, etc.), but I think that they are just dealing with the reality of life in a tropical climate.

• Love 12

I'm not sure what look Derick is aiming for either, except that on many guys his age, the whole no-particular "look" IS the look.  He sure doesn't look like the cleaned up accountant who worked at Walmart.  I think they cut that beard off with scissors.

• Love 4

Jill does like the rugged look on Derick. When they met, JB & Derick went for a shave and Jill said she was disappointed that he shaved. With that said, I would think facial hair would be hot, especially like the mountain man beard Derick had during the last episode.

And if I remember correctly Ben, Josh, and a couple of the J-boys sported facial hair soon after they all met Derick.

I guess this is what the Duggars fear, you know, that slippery slope and all. What's next, a sister with shoulder length hair? Egads.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

If you watch the video, you can see Jill's "modesty" undershirt. The picture is cropped weirdly. Derek looks absolutely terrible. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

wow. I would expect him to at least comb his hair, lose the head scarf, put on a clean shirt, and take off the little necklace before making a video for his uber-conservative MIL. It also looked (to me) like it was a loooot of work for Derick to come up with something nice to say about his MIL.

Well, if this is true, it goes a long way toward convincing me that, whatever else is the case, Derick must be, essentially, sane. lol

• Love 5

The other day I posted upthread about the organization that Derick and Jill are working for in CA, SOS Ministries. When I looked it up so I could post links, I realized that the owner/boss of SOS Ministries is tight with JimBob.

Derick, when he first met Jill, seemed to have a goal that he and his wife would become missionaries with the Southern Baptist International Mission Board. He was probably within reach of meeting their educational qualifications, by doing some postgrad studies. But IMO he learned after the wedding that Jill was just too far behind to meet the IMB's educational qualifications for spouses of their career missionaries. (Of course there's no certainty that Derick would have been hired by the IMB even if he and his wife met the qualifications. But it must have been a real disappointment when he realized that it would take Jill just too long to catch up with the educational requirements.)

So I keep thinking - every time I log on on to this form - that Derick, instead of pulling a paycheck from Walmart, has wound up working for someone within JB's orbit. 

Life's full of curveballs and disappointments, and most of us have to adjust course in life for all kinds of reasons. So I'm not feeling sorry for Derick. But I bet it's been a bit of a comedown for him. I recall that when he and Jill left for CA after a send-off at that big Southern Baptist Church, he posted on social media that they had been "commissioned" by the church. Then had to retract that totally UNtrue claim. I see that as his hungering for more status within the Southern Baptist establishment than his Duggar-world enmeshment provides.

And he and Jill maintain "Dillard Ministries" (I just love that plural - they can't just have a "ministry," they are so great it's "ministries." Sure.) while they are living in the SOS Ministries compound and I assume getting paid by SOS. Perhaps another sign of his hope for some identity apart from "Duggar-in-law."

It is possible that Derick's not going down into the abyss of Duggar-world without a bit of a struggle.

Unlike Bin, who dived right in, well before his teenaged brain was done developing. 

I give Derick the benefit of the doubt, as a well-meaning guy who intends to do right by his wife and child. I just wonder how much cr*p he's been dealing with, including his own medical issues. And, I wish him well.

• Love 14

I think Derick looks much better-- high, but better. I guess Jilly allowed him to wear one of her bandanas.  Hope it was washed before he wore it.  What's next? Will he be wearing one of those big flower headbands?  He can borrow those from Baby Meredith, she has plenty to share.

• Love 10

Honestly, when I first saw the Happy Mothers day photo, I assumed someone had photoshopped Derrick as Zoolander.  Seriously.  It was only when I went back and watched the video that I realized it was him.

I'm with all that thinks he looks a thousand times better than the Grizzly Adams look on the last episode.  I hope some locals have introduced him to a peace pipe or two.  I hope Jill gets high from the second hand smoke.  LOL

Jill and Derrick getting high.  Now that would be a show to get some numbers.  They already have the little Danger American girl to watch Izzy while they trip on the totally awesome view from the guest room. 

• Love 6
12 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

I am embarrassed to admit that I looked up the weather in El Salvatore today -- it is 90 degrees with 90% humidity. I think that Derick cut his hair and shaved his beard because he was hot. Jill isn't layering shirts because she is hot. The appear to be drugged nincompoops (even more than usual) because they are hot.

You could be right. I live near DC and when we have high temps and humidity like above, I don't want to move. I'll just sit under the ceiling fan and stay there. Yet, when I was last in Boise, ID the temps were in the 100s and dry, and I had my bottle of water with me and I was wandering all over that town.  So, CMR2014 might be right, they are just really boiled in the CA weather.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, BitterApple said:

:) since I won't be the first to admit this.....I like this too. To me he's got that "running" look about him, may be running away from Jill lol ;) shame on me, I think he's cute.

• Love 2

Nope, no where in that video was the dude we met in Nepal. The left side (his right) is swollen as hell. And while I like the new look, I agree that it makes Jim Bob's balls itch to see such scraggliness. I bet he went and used a whole can of aqua net after that...

• Love 5

OMG. That picture. Derrick looks 100 million times better, but he has that like, stoner-trying-to-pay-attention look to him. Dear god I hope he is high and enjoying life. Hopefully Jilly is too. Hopefully miss cathy is tending to Izzy lol.

Missioncating or not, at least they are out of Duggars grasp. Maybe the whole ' wifi is spotty' is just a way to communicate even less and stay off the grid. 

• Love 6

Sadly, they are still under the Duggar grasp. They may be smoking or taking something and look a little better, but their views about certain groups and people and actions still make them look unattractive in my book.

19 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Sadly, they are still under the Duggar grasp. They may be smoking or taking something and look a little better, but their views about certain groups and people and actions still make them look unattractive in my book.

I guess I'm hoping for baby steps. 

On May 8, 2016 at 10:12 PM, cmr2014 said:

One positive thought about them bringing so much stuff to Jill and Derick in Danger America is that they might be settling in to stay awhile. When they left, Derick said something about them not being back in the US for eight months -- and I certainly didn't believe they'd last that long.

They are away from the TTH, and there is at least a sliver of hope that Jill might learn something, and the two of them might forge their own bond and actually become a family in their own right.

And I'm hoping you're right. 

• Love 3

No reason not to hope for a better and happier life for one or more of the kids. I want to see the day when one of the kids tell JB and Michelle to take a flying leap at a rolling donut and run off into the sunset.

52 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I think that even if they are still hateful evangelical conservative right wing nut jobs, if they are moving away from Gothardism even just a little bit, it would be an improvement. Izzy might have a chance to go to real school and get a real education and make his own opinions.. the farther away from Boob the Mechelle the better even if they never have a totally shift in ideology. 

• Love 5