Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

This picture alone has me wondering why Jill's counter tops are full. Look at all those cabinets. It's not like they've set up a real household there, or have accumulated 10 years of stuff. She probably could fit every item they have with them in the cupboards alone.

2nqbr51.jpg

I'm not sure I see what the big deal is about this picture or why it makes Jill a slattern. They are clearly in the middle of decorating for Izzies birthday; what are they supposed to do, put the tape and balloons back in a drawer rather than on the counter every second their hands aren't touching them? As for the rest: I see normal counter stuff: coffee maker, knife block, a scented candle, a couple of decorative items, dishes drying, bread? And the floor looks clean.

• Love 13

Remember that Jim Bob called a plastic surgeon when his daughter fell off of her bike instead of just taking her to a hospital emergency room.  And, he said it was because he was concerned about her appearance (not her health!).

What really infuriated me about the plastic surgery thing was Boob saying, "We wouldn't have worried if it was one of the boys, but for one of the girls, we want to make sure nothing messes up their face," or something to that effect. Women, in their world, are first and foremost there for male approval, and that means no scars.

Oddly enough, the box cake mix is the one thing I won't criticize Jill on. I think I'm just so over the trend of elaborate children's parties that kids won't even remember a week later. I miss the days when birthday parties consisted of hot dogs, a few games and those cakes with the Barbies stuck in the middle.

Kids' parties have gotten crazy! Nothing wrong with keeping it simple.

Not sure if I missed someone posting this. A little snippet of Jill's birthday blog to Izzy.

"You love music and always dance to it when you hear it, or clap with the congregation during worship time in church."

I'm encouraged to hear that dancing may not be forbidden in their household! Little changes are better than nothing.

I'm not sure I see what the big deal is about this picture or why it makes Jill a slattern. They are clearly in the middle of decorating for Izzies birthday; what are they supposed to do, put the tape and balloons back in a drawer rather than on the counter every second their hands aren't touching them? As for the rest: I see normal counter stuff: coffee maker, knife block, a scented candle, a couple of decorative items, dishes drying, bread? And the floor looks clean.

Agreed. I love to snark, but this is getting a bit ridiculous. And I certainly can't join in, as my house is far from perfect! I'm concerned about their beliefs and behavior, not whether or not their counters are cluttered.

• Love 6

This is just the latest picture that displays the clutter. The Duggar 19 have preached about jurisdictions and helpmeets on their show for the past 10 years. It strikes me as odd that a woman who has been trained to keep house does such a lousy job of it, and she doesn't seem to make the connection of what her and her family have been selling us, and what she actually does.

I think most of us have acknowledged that her home is no worse than any of ours on any given day, yet we would straighten it up for cameras and company, and many of us have far more daily responsibilities each day.

• Love 6

For all that they harp on about womanly ways, none of the Duggar girls knows how to cook, clean, tidy, be efficient or anything really. And the boys don't know what hard work is either.

Agreed 100%. Honestly, though, it's a hard job Have JB and Michelle for parents, and always watching EVERYTHING you think, do, and say. Draining and miserable.

• Love 5

I'm sure Grandma Cathy is responsible for the clean floors.

• Love 4

Agreed 100%. Honestly, though, it's a hard job Have JB and Michelle for parents, and always watching EVERYTHING you think, do, and say. Draining and miserable.

Yeah, but they love it, though, since it means that they're making others miserable and that their control can be relatively complete as long as people remain on the premises. I'm being autobiographical again. But I can't possibly overstate the semi-secret bliss my control-freak relatives get out of watching and commenting on every tiny move anyone makes. I don't exaggerate when I tell you that, several decades of living mostly away from these people, I still expect someone to ask me what my problem is or make a nasty comment about my "nervousness" when I slightly shift my weight from one part of my leg to another while reading on the sofa. That level of surveillance and mini-torture looks like a lot of work but it's a lot of work undertaken out of strong personal motivation for pleasure and satisfaction.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 8

That picture is disgusting! I can't believe that's the way they are teaching him to eat: sitting on the table and destroying a cake. What are they thinking?

I have videos of both my boys destroying a piece of cake. .trying to cram it into their mouths. They get a pass on this from me. YMMV.

Funnier to me was that my first thought seeing all those red and white boxes stacked by the dishwasher, I immediately thought Derrickdillard needed to get his Budweiser empties to the recycling depot. .then realized "doh".

• Love 2

Yeah, but they love it, though, since it means that they're making others miserable and that their control can be relatively complete as long as people remain on the premises. I'm being autobiographical again. But I can't possibly overstate the semi-secret bliss my control-freak relatives get out of watching and commenting on every tiny move anyone makes. I don't exaggerate when I tell you that, several decades of living mostly away from these people, I still expect someone to ask me what my problem is or make a nasty comment about my "nervousness" when I slightly shift my weight from one part of my leg to another while reading on the sofa. That level of surveillance and mini-torture looks like a lot of work but it's a lot of work undertaken out of strong personal motivation for pleasure and satisfaction.

Churchhoney, I think you're mis-interpreting the original poster since there's a missing period between "job" and "Have". They are agreeing with you that being the children of someone like Michelle and JB is draining because they (the children) always have to watch what they say and do, not that Michelle and JB are drained by having to do the watching. (Which said watching they parcel out to the older kids anyway.)  At least that's how I'm reading it.

• Love 2

I still expect someone to ask me what my problem is or make a nasty comment about my "nervousness" when I slightly shift my weight from one part of my leg to another while reading on the sofa. That level of surveillance and mini-torture looks like a lot of work but it's a lot of work undertaken out of strong personal motivation for pleasure and satisfaction

Send them my way, they'd have a field day with me:-)))))) I'm forever moving and changing positions due to suffering badly from back/muscle pain and I can't get comfortable easily.

Strange people, really

• Love 3

Churchhoney, I think you're mis-interpreting the original poster since there's a missing period between "job" and "Have". They are agreeing with you that being the children of someone like Michelle and JB is draining because they (the children) always have to watch what they say and do, not that Michelle and JB are drained by having to do the watching. (Which said watching they parcel out to the older kids anyway.)  At least that's how I'm reading it.

I think you're absolutely right!

• Love 1

I was about to say, I've never seen a Duggar floor look so clean swept and shiny. That is most definitely Cathy's work.

They probably can afford some local ladies to clean for them. 

Edited by sometimesy

This was my intent. Sorry for typing too fast!

Maybe Jilly Muffin arranged a group showing of Fireproof for them. And charged for microwave popcorn. ;-)

She probably knows how to say 'Lupe, make dinner!' in Spanish, very very well.

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 3

I give her a pass because the directions on the box were in a foreign language. Spanish is reeeally hard. ;^p

I take back your pass bc those boxes have pictures of ingredients on the back. We have kids on our family too young to ready, but can identify three eggs and cup of oil.

• Love 3

I have to admit I'm a bit confused about the point of using cake mix. They're not very common around here so I always thought it was something you... I don't know, added water and stirred or something. But if you have to whisk in both eggs and oil to the mix, why just not bake a cake from scratch?

Cake mix: mix powder, eggs, oil

Cake: flour, eggs, sugar, butter, baking powder (+ whatever flavouring you want)

Wouldn't those two extra ingredients be worth it for better taste and less preservatives?

Edited by Vaysh
  • Love 4

I've found better taste to be optional for some cooks when baking cakes at home.  I admit that I introduced one of my friends to box cake mix.  She didn't mess those up as much.  Jill might produce better results with the box, but then she may mess up making cakes however she goes about it. 

Edited by Absolom
  • Love 4

I have to admit I'm a bit confused about the point of using cake mix. They're not very common around here so I always thought it was something you... I don't know, added water and stirred or something. But if you have to whisk in both eggs and oil to the mix, why just not bake a cake from scratch?

Cake: flour, eggs, sugar, butter, baking powder (+ whatever flavouring you want)

Wouldn't those two extra ingredients be worth it for better taste and less preservatives?

There's an old and popular cake recipe that I was happy to see currently being pinned to pinterest that was my first cake and also a favorite recipe that's been around for at least sixty years. Chocolate Mayo Cake calls for mayonnnaise in place of eggs and oil. So easy and top with fresh whipping cream and sliced bananas. Yum!

• Love 2

Jill can always use Google translate for the cake instructions. I looked up directions for a Betty Crocker cake. I never took Spanish and I was able to get what they were saying.

Also, poor Izzy. He looks like the kid that JB and JD would to produce, if they could conceive a child.

I've found better taste to be optional for some cooks when baking cakes at home. I admit that I introduced one of my friends to box cake mix. She didn't mess those up as much. Jill might produce better results with the box, but then she may mess up making cakes however she goes about it.

I'm HORRIBLE at baking so I prefer cake mixes. I love to cook meals from scratch but baking??? No thanks.

Edited by Joe Jitsu913
  • Love 3

Just speaking for myself here, but I find a good cake mix cake every bit as tasty as many recipe cakes, and as an added benefit, mixes are foolproof (i. e. they don't fall). They're much quicker to make, and there's a lot less mess. My husband's favorite cake is red velvet, and I even make that one from a mix now because I made it once and said he liked it as much as homemade. The red velvet mix saves me money, too.

To each his own, though. I wouldn't dream of using canned frosting, but some people probably think its fine.

Edited by Portia
  • Love 7

Just saw the 1st birthday pic they posted, with Iz in a diaper. Given the Zika virus, shouldn't they cover the kid up -- even indoors? I realize there aren't as many mosquitos indoors, but having lived in developing countries -- homes aren't as tightly built, there are cracks where mosquitoes come in, windows/doors aren't always screened. I don't get their child rearing.

• Love 2

Just saw the 1st birthday pic they posted, with Iz in a diaper. Given the Zika virus, shouldn't they cover the kid up -- even indoors? I realize there aren't as many mosquitos indoors, but having lived in developing countries -- homes aren't as tightly built, there are cracks where mosquitoes come in, windows/doors aren't always screened. I don't get their child rearing.

Zika only affects brown people and Catholics. Derick and Jill are God's chosen grifters, so Izzy should be safe.

• Love 11

Because Jill can't t think outside the box let alone read the proper directions she wouldn't have known that instead of using water in that cake mix most bakers use milk instead. Also if you use a chocolate cake mix instead of water you can use strongly brewed coffee to give your cake a richer flavor.

I don't know what the heck went wrong but Jill is completely lost without her sisters helping her.

• Love 6

The more I see the show (ie the complete lack of Jill and Derrick, and more importantly, Derricks non participation) the more I am convinced he is trying to de-program her from Gothard and get her the hell away from her family. Godspeed Derrick. Hopefully Miss Cathy is a positive influence on her. 

Jill being away from her family for ANY amount of time is likely way more traumatic than she or Derrick thought it would be. She's probably going through a major depression right now, which would explain the *perceived* apathy towards her house, appearance, and son's safety. 

• Love 9

Jill being away from her family for ANY amount of time is likely way more traumatic than she or Derrick thought it would be. She's probably going through a major depression right now, which would explain the *perceived* apathy towards her house, appearance, and son's safety. 

I agree, this is very likely.

• Love 2

I don't know that Derick is trying to reprogram Jill, but I think Joshgate did a lot more damage to their marriage that they think. He's likely self aware enough to realize the hole, he's in spiritually, financially, career, a clingy uneducated wife, etc. unfortunately real solutions to any of his/their problems would piss off Jill. Talk about being stuck.

I do agree Jill must be going through withdrawals. She probably spends 24/7 on skype to the TTH.

• Love 4

Jill may be missing her family, but I think she is more upset over the fact she is not the top Duggar daughter anymore. She whines about having to take care of her own son because *gasp* none of her unmarried sisters are there to help her. People are questioning what she and Derick are actually doing in Central America. Jessa and her other siblings are getting more of the attention on the show than she is. She was a special snowflake because she was the first daughter to get married and pop out a kid within a short period of time. The people in the area where she is at in Central America probably could care less who she is. She is in a contest with her other sisters especially Jessa, and she is not winning. The Duggars can pretend they love each and everything is great, but I would not be surprise if deep inside the kids do not always love each other 24/7 and there is some deep resentment.

On the subject of Derick, I do not think he is trying to deprogram Jill. He was enjoying the perks of marrying a Duggar girl. If his life is not wonderful and dandy, he should have thought about marrying a girl who has the mentality of a fifteen year old who had a non family male notice her for the first time, is willing to sell her soul to TLC, and clings to him more and more on a daily basis than ticks on a hound dog on a hot summer day. He can run to another country and to try to pretend his life is better, but the issues he and Jill have are still there.

She is in a contest with her other sisters especially Jessa, and she is not winning. The Duggars can pretend they love each and everything is great, but I would not be surprise if deep inside the kids do not always love each other 24/7 and there is some deep resentment.

If his life is not wonderful and dandy, he should have thought about marrying a girl who has the mentality of a fifteen year old who had a non family male notice her for the first time, is willing to sell her soul to TLC, and clings to him more and more on a daily basis than ticks on a hound dog on a hot summer day. He can run to another country and to try to pretend his life is better, but the issues he and Jill have are still there.

Just throwing this one out here: Jilly Muffin should be praying day and night that Janarella does not enter into a courtship anytime soon. I would tune in to watch Jana's wedding. JM (and her bitchy sister Jessa Blessa) will be old news the second their older and much more put-upon sister finds a bit of happiness in life.

Triple D has the brains of a duck and the social skills to match. I don't believe that "thinking" is any part of his makeup, because anyone who actually had two synapses to rub together would never agree to marry a woman he didn't know and had never been alone with. I'm guessing their first year of marriage was hell and the second year is tougher than the first. 

Imagine marrying your first crush in life. Imagine knowing there was no way out.

• Love 10

Would it be terrible if I say the nickname Triple D reminds me of a bra size. Ducks are much smarter than Derick. He has the personality of a dishrag sitting in dirty soapy water for a few days. The life has been suck out of him by Jill and JB. In a way I feel sorry, but in a way I don't.

Triple D has the brains of a duck and the social skills to match. I don't believe that "thinking" is any part of his makeup, because anyone who actually had two synapses to rub together would never agree to marry a woman he didn't know and had never been alone with.

I'm not so sure that what he did demonstrates having no brain. Don't think he's a genius, but I've known some quite intelligent people who were very very shy and insecure around the opposite sex, who'd maybe been spurned by people they showed a little interest in -- and who bypassed their brains when somebody came along who was available to them and leaped into ill-advised things without looking, impelled by the fear that they'd never link up with anyone otherwise. I think Derick might be this kind of a person rather than just an idiot.

• Love 5

Would it be terrible if I say the nickname Triple D reminds me of a bra size. Ducks are much smarter than Derick. He has the personality of a dishrag sitting in dirty soapy water for a few days. The life has been suck out of him by Jill and JB. In a way I feel sorry, but in a way I don't.

I heart you. Shall we side-hug? ;-)

I came up with it because I got sick of writing out derrickdillardduggar all the time. ;-)

• Love 1

I heart you. Shall we side-hug? ;-)

I came up with it because I got sick of writing out derrickdillardduggar all the time. ;-)

It just makes me think of Guy Fieri. And I wish he would make a guest appearance on the show so we could watch some heads explode.

• Love 2

Jill may be missing her family, but I think she is more upset over the fact she is not the top Duggar daughter anymore. She whines about having to take care of her own son because *gasp* none of her unmarried sisters are there to help her. People are questioning what she and Derick are actually doing in Central America. Jessa and her other siblings are getting more of the attention on the show than she is. She was a special snowflake because she was the first daughter to get married and pop out a kid within a short period of time. The people in the area where she is at in Central America probably could care less who she is. She is in a contest with her other sisters especially Jessa, and she is not winning. The Duggars can pretend they love each and everything is great, but I would not be surprise if deep inside the kids do not always love each other 24/7 and there is some deep resentment.

I think that Jessa is more obsessed with being "top Duggar." I think that Jill has a desperate need for love, affection, and validation.

Marrying a father - approved husband and having  a baby exactly 9 months later, should have made her the perfect daughter, and should have provided her with the approval that she craves, but I don't think it did. I don't think her parents are capable of providing their children with any real love and affection, and I also think that Jill (like JB and Amy) has an over-sized need for external validation and affection.

I think that she complains about having to take care of her son because 1) she is a Duggar, and is bone-lazy and 2) she has not been even remotely able to "leave and cleave" and sees her baby as a way of gaining approval from her family rather than seeing him as a member of her new family as a married woman.

Edited by cmr2014
  • Love 12

I think that Jessa is more obsessed with being "top Duggar." I think that Jill has a desperate need for love, affection, and validation.

Marrying a father - approved husband and having  a baby exactly 9 months later, should have made her the perfect daughter, and should have provided her with the approval that she craves, but I don't think it did. I don't think her parents are capable of providing their children with any real love and affection, and I also think that Jill (like JB and Amy) has an over-sized need for external validation and affection.

I think that she complains about having to take care of her son because 1) she is a Duggar, and is bone-lazy and 2) she has not been even remotely able to "leave and cleave" and sees her baby as a way of gaining approval from her family rather than seeing him as a member of her new family as a married woman.

Agree. Jill has been JB's perfect child. She saw all the sisters going back and forth to DC, and probably thought the same would be true for her as well. Not that she has lacked visitors, Mama C twice, Joy & the Bates girl, and the whole family. I really think she is having a hard time being on her own away from the clan. I don't think she had a realistic picture of what its like to be home with a baby 24/7.

But this is what happens when you stay 12 years of age until you turn 24. For many young girls their tiara gets knocked off in college, Jill is trying hard to keep her halo glowing and it must be hard without having her siblings to compare herself too, or her parents to observe.

• Love 7

I think Jill is experiencing a hard reality check right now. There was a very brief period where she was the center of attention during her courtship, wedding and pregnancy and then it all just went away. For a kid who was one of 19 and got zero to very little one-on-one time with her parents, that has to be tough.

Not to mention, Jill's married to a virtual stranger, living in a foreign country and lacks the social skills to make friends. I think she had a very specific vision of what mission life would be like and now she can't cope when the actual experience isn't living up to the fantasy.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 7

It's time for Jill to grow up and focus on HER family. I think they move back to JB's soon. NO idea why JIll and Jessa were considered the best option for this series. They are married and boring beyond belief. All we know is they are inept at almost everything except giving birth and breastfeeding. Jill's name on the series is even more baffling as she doesn't appear in promos and TLC couldn't be bothered to put her in somehow. (Side video of the Dullards with white background couldn't be too difficult). 

• Love 4

The Duggar children remind me of the one Home Improvement episode where the two older boys were fighting and Tim and Jill were trying to discuss sibling rivalry. Jill asked Tim what caused sibling rivalry and Tim said having more than one child.

JB, Michelle, and the rest of the clan are so far gone from reality, they will need a search party to bring them back to the real world. Izzy is suffering from the fact his father is a doormat who lets his wife and father-in-law run his life, and Jill is so desperately trying to seek approval to the point in living in the mindset of a thirteen year old girl playing house.

He's like a toy she got from a gumball machine. One would think Jilly Muffin would know a thing or two about taking care of babies since her mother had oh, seventeen of them after she had JM, but evidently those life lessons didn't stick. The whole "getting pregnant on your honeymoon" thing? WHY? What was the fire drill? I understand that she's operating from Jim Boob and J-Chelle's conditioning ("Mom and Dad will love me because I did exactly what they've been telling me my whole life"), but wouldn't Triple D have anything to say about the insanity of starting a family before they got to know each other in the first place?

• Love 6

He's like a toy she got from a gumball machine. One would think Jilly Muffin would know a thing or two about taking care of babies since her mother had oh, seventeen of them after she had JM, but evidently those life lessons didn't stick. The whole "getting pregnant on your honeymoon" thing? WHY? What was the fire drill? I understand that she's operating from Jim Boob and J-Chelle's conditioning ("Mom and Dad will love me because I did exactly what they've been telling me my whole life"), but wouldn't Triple D have anything to say about the insanity of starting a family before they got to know each other in the first place?

She does know something from Michele having 17 babies... Mothers don't have to do anything. When there were only tiny babies in the house Jill was one of them. By the time she was old enough to remember Michele pumping out baby after baby, she watched those babies be handed off to someone else to care for while Michele was treated like a queen. 

• Love 8