Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

While the story does sound opportunistic, I'm all for anything that will stop Jill Duggar from having any kind of authority in a delivery room.

I think Jill was "encouraged" to seek out training not to practice (on clients) but once all her sisters had babies she would assist to avoid $$$$$$ hospital costs.

• Love 2

This all harkens back to something I read about Jessa wanting to go to the hospital and was essentially quilted out of it by whomever attended her birth.

Jill, via Facetime. Hell, they showed the video chat practically while Jessa was crowning for crying out loud. There was no one in the room licensed to deliver a baby. As we all know, Teresa Fedosky is a doula, not a midwife.

• Love 4

Imagine pushing out a 10 lb baby, at home, without a doctor, nor a real professional certified nurse midwife, in a skin-tight purple polyester dress, aaaaand it's your first time giving birth as well!!! Way to go Jessa! FOOL! Even Michelle was not that stupid.

Edited by louannems
  • Love 9

I always got the impression that home birthers wanted the experience of bringing their child into the world, and not treat it as a medical procedure. I can't imagine that either Jill or Jessa were able to enjoy much of their labors or deliveries. Not all labors & deliveries are going to be sunshine & rainbows. One should at least surround themselves with folks whose agenda is a safe delivery and not a Kumbaya moment.

• Love 10

For people who constantly blather about the sanctity of life, the Duggars sure take an unholy amount of risk with their births and throughout subsequent childhood.

They obsess about sin, especially sex-related 'sin', as if it is more acceptable for children to die physically, emotionally, intellectually than cast shade on their almighty patriarch by being 'INPURE'.

Such warped priorities.

Jilly Muffin of all people should have tried to insist that Jessa get to the hospital...she herself nearly died from labor complications. She had mecomium coming out of her FFS....I guess they think they get Extra Speshul Jeebus Fundy Martyrdom Points for harrowing births..or bragging rights for Fundy competitions or the talk show circuits.

I remember reading something on Pickles and Hairspray or No Longer Quivering that Debbi Pearl had no tolerance for women not being "joyfully available" to their husbands and that painful intercourse was something wives should just suck up. I wanted to hurl my tablet across the room I was so pissed and I called that hateful, poisonous, vile, ignorant woman every word in the book!

Medical conditions such as endometriosis and thinning of vaginal tissue due to hormonal changes during menopause make even horn dog women like myself not feel like it at times...these women are kept in ignorance about their bodies to begin with and don't seek out medical advice to get relief from these problems. Not to mention after passing a 10 lb baby at an unattended birth as so many women in this cult seem to favor, I'm sure many women tear down there and no doubt suffer with joyful availability due to the scarring.

The ignorance of this cult gives me the shudders!

• Love 9

I've maintained that she's been knocked up for a couple of months. All the pictures and video has her in loose-fitting tees. We know that when it's TV "official," she'll switch to belly-hugging attire. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, yogi2014L said:

Article on Jilly Muffins parenting on Yahoo

https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/news/jill-duggar-reveals-parenting-difficulties-141940458.html?ref=gs

To sum it up-difficulties= Izzy being a toddler ( having an opinion, THE HORROR)

Also, comments are all negative and no Derrick comments in article.With the recent influx of Jill articles on parenting methinks she is pregnant again. 

That's a really nice picture of Jill & Izzy. She certainly could be hiding a baby bump.

Edited by GeeGolly
9 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Maybe Jill should've taken a child development course when she was going for that faux midwifery certificate. On her blog she was asking for help on how to get Izzy to put away his toys.

And he has been walking for like what, 2 days? Yeesh, even as adults, my kids never wholly mastered this one.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Also on the Dillard blog - Derick's outline for his sermon on love.

Oh man, will someone take one for the team and quote that here? I don't want those clowns to get any more blog hits than absolutely necessary for our snarking purposes. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

Oh man, will someone take one for the team and quote that here? I don't want those clowns to get any more blog hits than absolutely necessary for our snarking purposes. 

By Derick Dillard

Below is an outline of a sermon I am working on. I thought you might be interested to see my creative process! :)

- Derick

“What is Love?”

1 Corinthians 13

Intro:

What do you think about when you think of love?

True love is often times very different than what we think of as love

Why?  Because we are in the flesh and God is in the Spirit

So, as we yield to the Holy Spirit in our lives, we will better understand love.

Foundational truths about Biblical love:

…and their implications to our lives as Christians

1)     Love is forever (v. 8)

Our earthly relationships should be founded in Biblical love

i.      Marriage covenant (several US states, including Arkansas have a covenant marriage license available to display this outwardly)

2)     Love is a mystery (v.  12)

One of the biggest mysteries is God’s love for us

i.      There are things healthy to ponder and there are things unhealthy to ponder (e.g. things that are not important for the Gospel that cause dissentions in the church)

If you want to know God, pursue love, and if you want to know love, pursue God.

If you want to know the most secret truths of scripture, pursue love.

3)     Love is supreme (v. 13) (we first know this from the longevity of love; spiritual gifts will pass away; love is greater than faith and hope)

God commands it.  (Matt. 22:34-40)

i.      Love is the best thing for us and for other people

God set up the institution of marriage for a purpose.   Marriage is a display and reminder of God’s love for His church.

4)     Love is unconditional  (v. 4-8) it’s a higher love – and the world does not know it, so be joyful when you suffer persecution for true love’s sake.

Our love toward others should reflect Christ’s love

i.      Taught and exemplified all through scripture

Example:  Love your enemy (very different from human love)

We are taught to love in a way that glorifies God, because there is no way it could be attributed to us b/c it doesn’t make sense in the flesh.  

I would love to make my love comments on Derick's love statements, but I do not feel I have enough love to communicate my godly love to make any love ideas in order to make God love thoughts. Maybe someone will send special, change of life, awesome love blessings to me, so I can make my love opinions on how wonderful Derick Dilliard Duggar was in sharing his love with the needing love heathens he loves to help with his loving tips. I mean this with love in my loving heart and love in my love soul.

I certainly know where he is trying to go with this but it's really messy and unclear.   Hopefully he can pull it together and actually say something that makes some sense. Kinda wonder if he has ever written a college paper. (yikes!!!)

Translation = Google translate

• Love 2
(edited)

Okay, I see his thesis, barely. But his supporting paragraphs really go off the rails, especially if he is  speaking to godless heathens. This gobbledygook would make sense if he's preaching to a room of Duggars, but if they are to believed, that isn't necessarily the case.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 4

Isn't a sermon about love just about the most common topic in protestant churches?  I haven't been to church much in the last few years but in my lifetime I am sure I have heard many sermons about love, 1st Corinthians, and all those talking points DDD has come up with.  I wonder if he has any original thoughts in his head?

1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

Okay, I see his thesis, barely. But his supporting paragraphs really go off the rails, especially if he is  speaking to godless heathens. This gobbledygook would make sense if he's preaching to a room of Duggars, but if they are to believed, that isn't necessarily the case.

Godless heathens aren't going to care if they have a "covenant marriage" or not. Godless heathens concern themselves with stuff like sufficient food, a roof over their kids' heads and doing whatever they can to keep their families from being bit by the Zika-carrying mosquitoes. They already know what love is. Maybe Triple D could learn a few things from them.

It's unfortunate that SOS is not invested in stuff like distributing mosquito nets and helping the people clear their property of mosquito-attracting nuisances, for starters.

His view of what 1 Corinthians 13 is and mine are two completely different things.

• Love 10

MV, standing ovation for your last two posts! 

Also, mention of the covenant marriage just sets him apart that much MORE from the people he claims he's trying to "help." Nothing like a little imperialism mixed in with your "gospel," DDD. Like Missy Vixen said, these people have concerns far lower on Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs than a stupid label for one's marriage. He seems to think he's of these people, but he comes off as vastly out of touch with his supposed constituency. 

• Love 6

I don't understand why he is bragging about his special snowflake covenant marriage to Catholics. Like, doesn't the Church already have that and just call it "Marriage"?

• Love 16
56 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

He seems to think he's of these people, but he comes off as vastly out of touch with his supposed constituency. 

"I'm more married than you are"? Really?

I should not minimize what Triple D and his child bride have been through over the past two years, but I'm astonished they haven't learned more from it. Wouldn't it be better to spend the time in Danger America working on their own relationship than telling others how to conduct their household? Does he think he'll be inundated with Godless Heathens (TM) that are dying to go to Arkansas and seek the extra-special super-duper marriage?

• Love 6

Yep, totally agree with everyone above me...especially Missy Vixon.

I'm just rambling here but I don't think the people in the pictures are unfamiliar with love. The pictures they post are of families...seems they know quite a bit about love. I see children, parents, young and old. 

The "love" post might be more appropriate for another group of people that you are working with. Maybe people who feel unloved or someone you would like to share about Divine Love or someone who needs love or who knows what...

The pictures we see, I don't see absence of love as an issue. I also see what appears to be a husband/wife or partnership of some sorts...I feel like that says "love". No need to blather about Arkansas and their fancy and impressive covenant marriage. 

Anyone else? 

• Love 6

What I don't get about J's & D's mission is everything. Not every white picket fence dream is the same, but I'm sure you could go into any community and find a handful of unhappy folks. Is there a high divorce rate where J & D are? Do J & D think marriages reduce crime & poverty? 

I have know idea what the folks in the area that J & D are at, are struggling with, but I doubt it is love.  

• Love 6
16 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

By Derick Dillard

Below is an outline of a sermon I am working on. I thought you might be interested to see my creative process! :)

- Derick

“What is Love?”

1 Corinthians 13

Intro:

What do you think about when you think of love?

True love is often times very different than what we think of as love

Why?  Because we are in the flesh and God is in the Spirit

So, as we yield to the Holy Spirit in our lives, we will better understand love.

Foundational truths about Biblical love:

…and their implications to our lives as Christians

1)     Love is forever (v. 8)

Our earthly relationships should be founded in Biblical love

i.      Marriage covenant (several US states, including Arkansas have a covenant marriage license available to display this outwardly)

2)     Love is a mystery (v.  12)

One of the biggest mysteries is God’s love for us

i.      There are things healthy to ponder and there are things unhealthy to ponder (e.g. things that are not important for the Gospel that cause dissentions in the church)

If you want to know God, pursue love, and if you want to know love, pursue God.

If you want to know the most secret truths of scripture, pursue love.

3)     Love is supreme (v. 13) (we first know this from the longevity of love; spiritual gifts will pass away; love is greater than faith and hope)

God commands it.  (Matt. 22:34-40)

i.      Love is the best thing for us and for other people

God set up the institution of marriage for a purpose.   Marriage is a display and reminder of God’s love for His church.

4)     Love is unconditional  (v. 4-8) it’s a higher love – and the world does not know it, so be joyful when you suffer persecution for true love’s sake.

Our love toward others should reflect Christ’s love

i.      Taught and exemplified all through scripture

Example:  Love your enemy (very different from human love)

We are taught to love in a way that glorifies God, because there is no way it could be attributed to us b/c it doesn’t make sense in the flesh.  

Wow. Way to say nothin in way too many words.

Also -- on the marriage front -- methinks he doth protest a bit too much.

• Love 8

First of all "creative process" -- I don't think so. He has a small and specific set of words to choose from (Bible quotes), and a very specific and thoroughly documented way to interpret those words. I'm sure that it's more "creative" than anything Jill has ever seen in her short, stunted life, but I doubt that anyone who has attended a Southern Baptist church would find anything new or creative in Derick's interpretation.

I also think that this is Derick's version of Ben's blurb where he explained that it wasn't necessary to marry someone with a compatable of lieable personality because being miserable in your marriage would help you to become closer to God -- or whatever bs he was trying to sell.

What I get out of this "sermon" is essentially that who you marry isn't really important, just get married and love that person unconditionally and you will become closer to God. Love God, and you will become closer to your spouse -- no matter what kind of dim-witted, clingy nut-case she might happen to be.

• Love 6

That 'sermon outline' is just more evidence that Derick wasn't cut out to be a preacher.  If he really wanted to be a preacher, he wouldn't have a college degree in accounting.  

He presents his ideas on marital love based on a letter supposedly written by a confirmed bachelor and a confessed murderer (Paul, author of I Corinthians).  Once again Derick confirms that he is nothing more than a hippie wannabe and vagabond tour guide, living on donations from religious tourists.  If he really knew anything about love, he would get his wife and baby out of that Zika-infected and crime-infested place and back to a safe environment.  The people in Central America don't need him, his Christmas candy or their fingernails painted.     

• Love 11

"If you want to know God, pursue love, and if you want to know love, pursue God." 

Oh Derrick, so profound! *collapses in admiration*

• Love 14
(edited)

"Our earthly relationships should be founded in Biblical love

i.      Marriage covenant (several US states, including Arkansas have a covenant marriage license available to display this outwardly)"

First of all, the 'should' is imperative. Maybe soften that with 'could' or put an "I believe" in front of the statement. He started out offending me, but then again, I don't rely on him for beans and rice haha. 

Second, you fell for a stupid covenant marriage. If your marriage is about to dissolve, the CON venant marrieage isn't going to make any difference. Refer to Catholics waiting for annulment. You are not more married than anyone else in a coventant marriage Picasso head. 

I see Derrick as the perfect Gothardite. He is a weak person, probably not too popular with the opposite sex, loves attention. He is a little JimBoob sprout. He found himself a totally useless pet wife. He is not strong or interesting enough to have an independent, intelligent or interesting woman. I believe he is in the missionary business, because he likes the idea of his elevation over others. I think he has a superiority issue, but not a  'servants heart'.

Have I mentioned how much I don't like these two? Oh I did? ok. 

Edited by sometimesy
  • Love 15
4 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Now we know why Jill thinks he is the most special, wonderful, bestest husband in the whole wide universe. *giggle* *giggle*

Full disclosure: I giggled when I read this.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Now we know why Jill thinks he is the most special, wonderful, bestest husband in the whole wide universe. *giggle* *giggle*

When you're entire basis of comparison for men is Daddy Jim Bob, well, that's what you get.

• Love 4
On May 1, 2016 at 7:03 PM, Vaysh said:

I don't understand why he is bragging about his special snowflake covenant marriage to Catholics. Like, doesn't the Church already have that and just call it "Marriage"?

Well, I believe they are down in Danger America hunting -- I mean, converting -- Catholics.  And Catholics do indeed have Sacramental marriages, but not Covenant marriages, which I believe just means -- no divorce.  Catholic teaching is that, divorce itself is not a sin. In fact, they would teach that at times, divorce is necessary (abuse, etc).  What's not OK with Catholics is remarriage, if you haven't gotten an annulment.

I think Derrick is not-too-subtly digging at Catholics. Also, he is using the love quotes from the Bible that Catholics would easily identify and feel comfortable with -- so he's saying -- "Hey! Have you met my Jesus? He's a lot like your Jesus, but better!"

• Love 6
On 4/29/2016 at 5:45 PM, BitterApple said:

Maybe Jill should've taken a child development course when she was going for that faux midwifery certificate. On her blog she was asking for help on how to get Izzy to put away his toys.

Okeydoke. The kid is 12 months?????

• Love 6
On 5/1/2016 at 4:00 PM, bigskygirl said:

I would love to make my love comments on Derick's love statements, but I do not feel I have enough love to communicate my godly love to make any love ideas in order to make God love thoughts. Maybe someone will send special, change of life, awesome love blessings to me, so I can make my love opinions on how wonderful Derick Dilliard Duggar was in sharing his love with the needing love heathens he loves to help with his loving tips. I mean this with love in my loving heart and love in my love soul.

Your word salad is almost as yummy as DerickDillard's word salad :)

• Love 3
4 hours ago, JoanArc said:

When you're entire basis of comparison for men is Daddy Jim Bob, well, that's what you get.

Don't  forget Smuggs. JB and Smuggs.

DDD  is practically George Clooney compared to those two. 

• Love 3

Isn't all you need to talk about, unconditional love and agape?  Honestly.  If anything was ever useless except as a vehicle for bragging upon themselves, expounding on covenant marriage in Central America is dippy.  The idea is to parallel marriage with the covenant between Christ and the church, which doesn't mean literally.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, SoSueMe said:

Okeydoke. The kid is 12 months?????

I think we can all agree at that age he should be able to put away his own toys, make his own meals, change his diapers, bring his mother a nice cup of tea and praise Jesus with every breath.  At 13 months he should be making the beds.  At 15 months he's doing laundry.  By 18 months I expect to see that lazy toddler mopping floors.  21 months, time to learn to mow the lawn.  Of course, when he's not doing his chores he should be quietly sitting on his blanket making absolutely no demands on anyone.  Otherwise he is not a godly child. /sarcasm

• Love 21
3 hours ago, Micks Picks said:

From the looks of it, his mom doesn't put away her stuff either.  So why should he?  You model what you see.

Parenting is just mouthing platitudes and being incredibly stunted . Who cares how children actually learn and develop?

• Love 2