Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

Kids get covid. Kids can have covid complications. Kids have died from covid. 

As a parent, I just don't think eating in a restaurant during a pandemic is worth the risk. And if your Jill, eating in the car is something she typically did pre-pandemic.

And... when was the last time Cathy saw Deena and Dan? Is she walking around, maskless, as an asymptomatic carrier?

• Love 15
On 1/24/2021 at 7:26 AM, GeeGolly said:

Kids get covid. Kids can have covid complications. Kids have died from covid. 

As a parent, I just don't think eating in a restaurant during a pandemic is worth the risk. And if your Jill, eating in the car is something she typically did pre-pandemic.

And... when was the last time Cathy saw Deena and Dan? Is she walking around, maskless, as an asymptomatic carrier?

Cathy should worry too.

Who do we write at Waffle house to kill the scholarship. You're just a grifter in leggings, Jill.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Jeanne222 said:

Picture #2 looks like Molly has started with a couple of before dinner drinks early!

Surely the Free Meat People aren't liking that shot!!!!

It’s how I caught it from a video. I was going to go back, changed my mind. Apologies to Jill! 🤣

Edited by ginger90
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 11
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, sheshark said:

Not a word as to how Deena is feeling from the family.  I mean if you put it out there, keep us posted.

To be fair, it was Dan who posted. He's really not obligated to say anything, although I'm sure he would if something bad happened.

• Love 6

I've noticed since the virus can take such sudden turns, a lot of people don't provide updates unless things seem to actually be on the rebound or are taking a definite bad turn. So, I'm not actually that surprised they've not updated. 

• Love 5

I'm not either. If it's a mild case and all goes well, we likely will get a Praise Jesus post after the baby is born. She's actually more like 8 months along. I originally thought she was about 6. So, her boy is definitely viable if something emergent happens.

• Love 10

I’m a bit late commenting on this .. I just watched the video of Jill making kombucha and am 😮 at her putting tea bags in the kettle.

in all of my 50 plus years I’ve only ever seen and used a kettle for boiling water which would then be poured over tea bags or loose tea in another cup, pot or whatever. 

Edited by Totally
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
On 1/25/2021 at 9:15 PM, jcbrown said:

I note that she is eating pork now--another departure from the cult. Baby steps, Jill.

I've always suspected that all the Duggars have always eaten pork and just lied about it to make themselves sound more Old Testament righteous.

Edited by Albanyguy
  • LOL 4
  • Love 17
32 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

This is far from an original insight but Jill looks so much more relaxed lately. Something is definitely bringing her more peace than she used to have.

14 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

I've always suspected that all the Duggars have always eaten pork and just lied about it to make themselves sound more Old Testament righteous.

Quite possibly but at least she is now being honest, if that's the case. Still a step out of the cult.

• Love 12
51 minutes ago, jcbrown said:

This is far from an original insight but Jill looks so much more relaxed lately. Something is definitely bringing her more peace than she used to have.

Quite possibly but at least she is now being honest, if that's the case. Still a step out of the cult.

I actually like that picture of the four of them. 

1 hour ago, Albanyguy said:

I get having turkey bacon, it is less of a mess and is not as bad for you, but with the way those people eat pizza, I can't imagine no pepperoni or sausage ever.  

• Love 12

The picture of the Dillards on the couch looks as fake to me as Sayings of Spurgeon.

Did they set a timer and Izzy had to run back to the couch? (he looks out of focus) What is Jill's expression? Suppressing a laugh?

If it isn't staged, did they cuddle up on the couch to pray, while entertaining guests?

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, jcbrown said:

That is a weird expression that does not seem to match her sentiment.

I'm guessing someone gave Jill feedback and she must be trying different poses for her pictures. Jill might want to go back to the standard poses.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

What is the sentiment? All I can see is a picture. 

jillmdillard

Verified

💝This morning I was reminded of God’s faithfulness. Even when we don’t always see it in the moment, He is still on the throne.
Let Him work through the pain. Acknowledge it. Have all the feelings. Choose trust. Count the little blessings.
“It is good to give thanks to the Lord, to sing praises to your name, O Most High; to declare your steadfast love in the morning, and your faithfulness by night...For you, O Lord, Have made me glad by your work; at the works of your hands I sing for joy. How great are your works, O Lord! Your thoughts are very deep!” -Psalm 92:1-2, 4-5
Also remember as the old hymn says, “this world is not my home, I’m just a passin’ through!” Make a difference where you’re at, but know this ain’t your final stop! Troubles in this world should help us look forward more to being with Jesus in eternity where all will be well!
What are your favorite verses of #hope ?
How has God brought you through and showed you His faithfulness? #testify

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I don't like turkey bacon, but I love turkey pepperoni. It's less greasy, tastes great, and cooks just like regular pepperoni.

I'm sure that they used a camera timer for the blanket picture, but they all still seem relaxed and happy. Jill's had half her life or more filmed or posted on SM and the boys don't know that you can do things w/o taking a picture, so this is their normal. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

After seeing the comment of her youngest getting so big, it hit me that he's 3 1/2 years old now.  I'm wondering how she's coping with not having a baby, or at least one on the way?  I'm sure she's feeling a certain way because she's always been around a baby since she was born.

• Love 14
9 hours ago, jcbrown said:

That is a weird expression that does not seem to match her sentiment.

That was my thought when I saw this on IF!  A cutesy weird face talking about trials doesn’t fit. 

9 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

Maybe they don't realize pepperoni *is* pork?

I sincerely doubt they do realize pepperoni is pork!

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

As a kid I didn’t eat hot dogs because I thought they were made out of actual dogs! 

Made me think of this meme. 

I think Jill is doing the best of the girls. She appears to have gotten away from the Gothard crap to a point, Izzy is in regular school, she's wearing tight-fitting clothes. Yeah, Derelict is a grifter and won't make it as an attorney, but overall, she's doing ok. 

5e49fed13234ad523d98a3b517f39f7e.jpg

• LOL 18
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

As a kid I didn’t eat hot dogs because I thought they were made out of actual dogs! 

That's hilarious and reminds me as a kid I refused to drink Skim milk because I thought people were saying "Skin Milk" made from skin and I would run and hide whenever the Red Skelton show was coming on the TV because I thought it was Red Skeleton like a bloody skeleton.... It took forever for my parents to convince me otherwise....  I was a weird little kid 😂

I'm so happy that Jill is branching out and slowly discarding the crazy Duggar rules about everything. ❤ I bet it drives Jim Boob crazy! Which also makes me happy. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 12
5 hours ago, Madtown said:

Heads up people!
Jill and Derick are going to have a SUPER FUN marriage video on YouTube this Saturday. You have 4 days to get ready for it!😆

I pictured them demonstrating lotion time/poses from the sex book they advertised. My brainnnnn. Help.

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

After seeing the comment of her youngest getting so big, it hit me that he's 3 1/2 years old now.  I'm wondering how she's coping with not having a baby, or at least one on the way?  I'm sure she's feeling a certain way because she's always been around a baby since she was born.

I hope she's happy dancing as realizes she might never change a diaper again. 

• Love 20

Friends have made a huge difference in Jill’s life. She found people in her neighborhood and less strict church. Still Christian, but they’re women who wear pants, shorts, have fewer children, drink alcohol, cut their hair. She has a happiness and peace she never had. They also do talk a lot about everything they decide together as a family. I don’t see a patriarch dictating to her about choices. They seem determined to decide together. 

I was wondering if she might be pregnant because her face is breaking out horribly. But it seems to be only where she wears a mask. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 11

Its odd, Jill had a life where she had a set of rules that were easy to follow. Life threw a few unexpected bumps on the mission field, so they return to AR to settle down for a bit. Everything is good until Derick gets greedy for money.

I don't see this happy and content changed Jill that many of you see. I looked through her SM and up until these new poses, her pictures and content is the same as it was before. I see a Jill still trying to learn how to make SM content and experiencing some anxiety. I see a Jill who has freedom from something she never asked to be free from. While I think in time all these changes will be great for her, I think Jill is likely struggling more now and is a bit lost.

• Love 5
14 hours ago, QuinnInND said:

Made me think of this meme. 

I think Jill is doing the best of the girls. She appears to have gotten away from the Gothard crap to a point, Izzy is in regular school, she's wearing tight-fitting clothes. Yeah, Derelict is a grifter and won't make it as an attorney, but overall, she's doing ok. 

5e49fed13234ad523d98a3b517f39f7e.jpg

People on this forum said he wouldn't make it through law school. Derick may be an ass, but I think a lot of snarkers underestimate him (that includes me, in the past). 

• Love 18
20 minutes ago, Heathen said:

People on this forum said he wouldn't make it through law school. Derick may be an ass, but I think a lot of snarkers underestimate him (that includes me, in the past). 

I also thought at first he would drop out.  At this point I feel that he will fully graduate and pass whatever exams he needs and most likely gain employment fairly quickly.  He has proven to be tenacious when he really wants something.

• Love 15

The big issue for me with Derick is--what will he do if he doesn't get the job he envisions?  I think Derick will graduate, find some kind of employment using his law degree as he prepares for his bar exams, and will eventually pass those.  The issue is what will Derick do if he cannot find his dream job.  How many years is he willing to stick out working as a lawyer doing the basic boring stuff?  Derick has shown himself to have a hard time when his reality doesn't match up to his fantasy.  He can't continue to pivot from career to career every time things do go his way.  

• Love 14

18 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

14 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

That's hilarious and reminds me as a kid I refused to drink Skim milk because I thought people were saying "Skin Milk" made from skin and I would run and hide whenever the Red Skelton show was coming on the TV because I thought it was Red Skeleton like a bloody skeleton.... It took forever for my parents to convince me otherwise....  I was a weird little kid 😂

The Duggars probably think pepperoni is made from red peppers, then.

When my youngest daughter was a toddler she threw a screaming fit while riding an elevator. Apparently she thought it was an alligator and we were being eaten.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
8 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

The big issue for me with Derick is--what will he do if he doesn't get the job he envisions?  I think Derick will graduate, find some kind of employment using his law degree as he prepares for his bar exams, and will eventually pass those.  The issue is what will Derick do if he cannot find his dream job.  How many years is he willing to stick out working as a lawyer doing the basic boring stuff?  Derick has shown himself to have a hard time when his reality doesn't match up to his fantasy.  He can't continue to pivot from career to career every time things do go his way.  

He's been delivering for grubhub for awhile now. That's not a glam job at all. 

• Love 4