Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

49 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

Jill has an IG story about dealing with anxiety. I wonder if she in fact has anxiety and gets counseling for it. As a longtime sufferer of anxiety I feel like it's one of those illnesses that's dismissed by people a lot.

I would not be at all surprised, given what we know of her upbringing, and behavior in early marriage and parenthood. 

• Love 14
11 hours ago, Heathen said:

I have a generalized anxiety diagnosis, and I agree that anxiety is frequently dismissed. At the same time, I think anxiety is often overused (or misused) as an excuse by people who don't actually have anxiety. 

I think Jill does have anxiety. It's no surprise after what she went through from the time she was a young child, thanks to her worthless parents. 

I am sorry your diagnosis is so frequently dismissed. That’s not right. 

Yes, I think there are people who use the phrase “I have anxiety” to mean “I feel anxious”(which every human being over a certain developmental milestone has felt). Also the phrase is used instead of “I have to do something I don’t want to do, and I don’t like it.”

If Jill says she has anxiety I believe her because 1. She has no reason to lie, 2. Her life experiences would certainly lend to anxiety, 3. If someone says they have xyz unless I know them REALLY WELL (intimately), I’m taking them at their word because what do I know about it-I’m not their doctor.

10 hours ago, awaken said:

I would not be at all surprised, given what we know of her upbringing, and behavior in early marriage and parenthood. 

That’s what I was thinking. I do hope she’s getting help- for her sake first, then the boys and then Derrick. 

• Love 16

I agree folks use the words anxious, anxiety and panic casually. You almost never here someone say nervous, worried or concerned anymore, when that it actually what they're feeling. Same is true for depression and depressed, when words like sad, worried or down would be more fitting.

Drives me crazy at times. I have been living with anxiety for over 30 years and treat folks with all different mental health diagnoses. I'll have just met with someone struggling with suicidal ideation and then someone else will say, "I'm so depressed", when they just found out some minor bad news. Uhm, no your not. Your sad, worried, and/or disappointed.

I wouldn't be surprised if Jill has an anxiety disorder, but I also wouldn't be surprised if she's using the word incorrectly either.

• Love 24
6 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

Jill was sexually abused, the people who were supposed to protect her were only concerned with covering it up and coddling her assailant, and she was basically told "It's no big deal, get over it, keep your mouth shut and keep on being sweet and deferential to the guy who did this to you." As an adult, she was needy and clingy, cried at the drop of a hat and was frightened of everything (a falling shower curtain rod sent her into hysterics). If that not someone suffering from PTSD, I don't know what is.

Yes yes I agree with you. Poor Jill. I remember how distressed she was at the dentist episode during the 17Kids days. Back then I wondered "what happened to this girl to make her so afraid of being asleep with another person in the room?" (thats what she was scared of, not the pain, or losing teeth but being unconscious). I remember just feeling for her. Now we know.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

agree folks use the words anxious, anxiety and panic casually. You almost never here someone say nervous, worried or concerned anymore, when that it actually what they're feeling. Same is true for depression and depressed, when words like sad, worried or down would be more fitting.

Drives me crazy at times. I have been living with anxiety for over 30 years and treat folks with all different mental health diagnoses. I'll have just met with someone struggling with suicidal ideation and then someone else will say, "I'm so depressed", when they just found out some minor bad news. Uhm, no your not. Your sad, worried, and/or disappointed.

I wouldn't be surprised if Jill has an anxiety disorder, but I also wouldn't be surprised if she's using the word incorrectly either.

People don't realize that the language they use is important.  Using exaggerated language for feelings can lead to experiencing exaggerated symptoms as it magnifies the importance of what is happening.  I agree it's become a cultural symptom and goes along with some other current cultural customs that increase the importance of "ME" over others or other circumstances.  

• Love 11
8 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Jill showed a fear of the dentist. She also shared a time when she had a heightened alert response to a noise. Could those be symptoms of PTSD? Maybe. And maybe not. Fear of the dentist is very common. Being in a foreign country with a newborn and armed guard outside the door might have the average person a little on edge.

Thank you. PTSD is a rare disorder. People forget Jill was RAISED to be fearful....like all she was allowed to feel was happiness, with fearful distrust of the outside world. Not a healthy backgorund.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

People don't realize that the language they use is important.  Using exaggerated language for feelings can lead to experiencing exaggerated symptoms as it magnifies the importance of what is happening.  I agree it's become a cultural symptom and goes along with some other current cultural customs that increase the importance of "ME" over others or other circumstances.  

Biggest example - using the word “hate,” either as a noun or a verb. Disapproval is not “hate,” disagreement is not “hate.” Hate is a strong word and used constantly instead of the appropriate words.

• Love 16
10 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I agree folks use the words anxious, anxiety and panic casually. You almost never here someone say nervous, worried or concerned anymore, when that it actually what they're feeling. Same is true for depression and depressed, when words like sad, worried or down would be more fitting.

2 hours ago, ozziemom said:

My pet peeve is saying “my OCD kicked in” when you try to keep things neat. Anyone with OCD knows that is really not what OCD is and feels marginalized by the casual use of the term.

You took the words right out of my head!  I was going to say the same.  Lots of people love to say they have OCD because they're hyper organized and bothered by disorder.  Same for PTSD- I feel it minimizes what people who are actually dealing with the disorder are experiencing!

• Love 12
4 hours ago, ozziemom said:

My pet peeve is saying “my OCD kicked in” when you try to keep things neat. Anyone with OCD knows that is really not what OCD is and feels marginalized by the casual use of the term.

Try having ADHD....or anorexia.

• Love 5
On 1/13/2021 at 4:51 PM, ozziemom said:

I hate the ever-popular "I'm OCD." Unless OCD is your name, you're not! 

Language is important. 

Back on topic -- after the filth and crowding the older Duggarlings experienced growing up, I wouldn't be surprised if one or more of them has issues with cleanliness and neatness. NOT OCD. 

• Love 11
4 hours ago, awaken said:

In my opinion, he is an incredibly unattractive person. However, I’m glad Jill seems happy with him. 

Well, he is better looking than other Jill's husband... 

David was so unattractive even when younger

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

Why is Waffle House sending swag to the husband of a Z-list reality celebrity?  Surely they don't need Derick's endorsement - their waffles and bacon and coffee speak for themselves!

(now I want Waffle House but curse it, they refuse to cross the border into Michigan). 😞

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, Snow Fairy said:

Well, he is better looking than other Jill's husband... 

David was so unattractive even when younger

I read that as "Jill's other husband" and my mind jumped to her brothers. My mind is deeply troubled now because I don't understand how or why this thought process happened. 

• LOL 11
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

Why is Waffle House sending swag to the husband of a Z-list reality celebrity?  Surely they don't need Derick's endorsement - their waffles and bacon and coffee speak for themselves!

(now I want Waffle House but curse it, they refuse to cross the border into Michigan). 😞

There's always a National Coney, which I think is better anyway. *neighborly wave*

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I just assumed that the surgeon who worked on Derick's jaw messed up and moved his face off center by accident. However, Derick's jaw is out of line in his younger photos, so maybe that couldn't be fixed. His teeth fill his mouth now, and I think he looks better, for what it's worth. 

I hope they start a fund for the kids' orthodontia. 

• Love 7

I realize there's barely any snow out their window, and they live in AR, but the first things my kids thought of when it snowed out, at that age, was snowmen, sledding, cocoa and chili/soup.

And... when my kids geared up for a movie, there were blankets and pillows involved. I can't imagine sitting in a hard plastic seat to watch a movie.

• Love 10
12 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

Lietrrally 

I have a friend who spells it "litterly" and she went to a regular school. Smh. 

1 hour ago, ozziemom said:

And I still don’t understand why they just don’t get a TV. Watching on a laptop seems so silly. I can see one person but 2 or 3 or more at once doesn’t look comfortable.

Probably control. The kids can't get on the computer without help from Jill or Derelict. Whereas they could watch TV whenever. Because being a parent and turning off the TV and teaching the kids to leave stuff alone is so hard. 

Edited by QuinnInND
Because alone and along are two different words.
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10
4 hours ago, QuinnInND said:

I have a friend who spells it "litterly" and she went to a regular school. Smh. 

Probably control. The kids can't get on the computer without help from Jill or Derelict. Whereas they could watch TV whenever. Because being a parent and turning off the TV and teaching the kids to leave stuff alone is so hard. 

They've never heard of remote controls?  Even back when I was a kid, if we were being punished and weren't allowed to watch TV, my mom would just put the remote in her purse and that was that.  Most TV's these days have very few controls actually on the set itself and, they're also very lightweight and easy to move.  Lock the whole thing in a closet and that's more control than any parent needs over a couple of preschoolers.

I think they just like to brag about dumb stuff they do that they think makes them superior to the masses.

• Love 16

There was a stage in my life (mid-to-late twenties) where I had a lot of non-religious acquaintances who would tell me, voices dripping with condescension, that they didn't own a tv when I was trying to make small talk of the 'have you been following show X?' variety. Then later in the conversation, they were telling me about how amazing Lost/Girls/The Sopranos/Breaking Bad was. Turns out that they didn't have a tv set, but they were watching everything on line and using the linguistic loophole to keep their 'more boho than you' cred intact. 

Luckily, they simmered down once they hit the dirty thirties, I expect J and D might too. 

• Love 21
3 hours ago, satrunrose said:

There was a stage in my life (mid-to-late twenties) where I had a lot of non-religious acquaintances who would tell me, voices dripping with condescension, that they didn't own a tv when I was trying to make small talk of the 'have you been following show X?' variety. Then later in the conversation, they were telling me about how amazing Lost/Girls/The Sopranos/Breaking Bad was. Turns out that they didn't have a tv set, but they were watching everything on line and using the linguistic loophole to keep their 'more boho than you' cred intact. 

Luckily, they simmered down once they hit the dirty thirties, I expect J and D might too. 

Omg. That is my life. So many people I know say "we don't watch TV" and spend all day binge-watching Netflix. 

Jill needs some facial creams. Her zits are awful. I struggle with zits as well.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
10 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

Omg. That is my life. So many people I know say "we don't watch TV" and spend all day binge-watching Netflix. 

Jill needs some facial creams. Her zits are awful. I struggle with zits as well.

They think that Netflix isn't "TV" as such. It's splitting hairs. 

4 hours ago, doodlebug said:

They've never heard of remote controls?  Even back when I was a kid, if we were being punished and weren't allowed to watch TV, my mom would just put the remote in her purse and that was that.  Most TV's these days have very few controls actually on the set itself and, they're also very lightweight and easy to move.  Lock the whole thing in a closet and that's more control than any parent needs over a couple of preschoolers.

I think they just like to brag about dumb stuff they do that they think makes them superior to the masses.

This. And small TVs are easy to move and put in the closet. My 70" one, not so much. 😂

• Love 10