Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

When I was teaching ELL at a small college many years ago, the first snowfall of the year, however light, was special. Some students had never seen snow before, so I always let everyone go outside to enjoy it while it was still fresh. Good memories for everyone. 

• Love 15
20 hours ago, truebluesmoky said:

We live in Florida, so we never see snow. When we were at my SIL’s for Christmas when my sons were about Israel’s and Sam’s ages, it snowed the teensiest bit and didn’t even stick, but my sons were still THRILLED and played outside “in it” for hours. Honestly, I’m just tickled by the normal, joyful aspects of childhood Jill’s kids are experiencing. Christmas movies and snow play and hot cocoa and pancakes with sprinkles. These are genuinely good memories this family is making for their kids, not to mention public school and lots of play dates with actual friends.

Plus, I think it's a better way of "making memories" than She Who Must Not Be Named + 8 where evidently their only way of making memories is to do these big, lavish excursions for TV. (This is more back when Jon was married to her.)

• Love 12
On 1/16/2021 at 5:28 PM, crazy8s said:

haha my grandsons would have been out just like Izzy and Sam - even with that small bit of snow the 2 boys would have tried to pull each other standing on the sleds or some such crazy thing. when they had a slight bit of snow a few weeks back, the grands did nerf gun snow fight and the sleds became shields.

I will say the boys are dressed for the weather and seem happy

When I was a kid, just a dusting would make us run out and try to sled or build a snowman. Even now in my neighborhood, we might get an inch of snow and I can see the  small snowmen dotting people's front lawns. 

• Love 9
33 minutes ago, awaken said:

Jill posted another anniversary photo of the loss of derick’s dad. I honestly thought the family picture was Awkward Family Photos as I was scrolling through my IG feed. 

What was up with that?

The first pic looks like Sears catalogue family....and the next one... Ummm was his dad proud of his mascot gig?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Deena has Covid. Remember, she's about 6 months pregnant.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKNa_TtB__S/?igshid=ewzmgd1gyx3b

Yikes. Hopefully Miss Cathy and the rest of the family hasn't been exposed. It seems unlikely Deena had it at Christmas, unless she's been having symptoms for some time. It usually takes two days for test results and most wait a few days to get tested after symptoms start, so that puts her at about 2 and a half weeks out from Christmas. 

I hope she ends up with a mild case and recovers quickly.

• Love 7
On 1/16/2021 at 6:28 PM, crazy8s said:

haha my grandsons would have been out just like Izzy and Sam - even with that small bit of snow the 2 boys would have tried to pull each other standing on the sleds or some such crazy thing. when they had a slight bit of snow a few weeks back, the grands did nerf gun snow fight and the sleds became shields.

I will say the boys are dressed for the weather and seem happy

Reminds me of me and my brothers.. alot of snow winters in NE.

snowinNE.jpg

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

What was up with that?

The first pic looks like Sears catalogue family....and the next one... Ummm was his dad proud of his mascot gig?

I thought the second picture was Rick when he was Pete, based on the outfits looking 80s-ish.

• Love 1

Derick may have the same issue many other civil rights wannabe lawyers encounter - he has to find a job in the field.  It probably isn't as easy as he thinks it is.  Many, many of my daughter's law school classmates planned human rights careers.  They are now doing insurance, civil litigation, family law, etc.

• Useful 4
  • Love 12
5 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Derick may have the same issue many other civil rights wannabe lawyers encounter - he has to find a job in the field.  It probably isn't as easy as he thinks it is.  Many, many of my daughter's law school classmates planned human rights careers.  They are now doing insurance, civil litigation, family law, etc.

I think that happens a lot, and not just in the field of law where there are far more people with degrees than there are positions available.  Derick probably feels that his TV semi-fame will give him an advantage in the job hunt, but there are probably dozens  of applicants for those jobs.

I have a friend who went to law school intending to become a big time litigator.  She ended up working in the restaurant industry, helping businesses obtain liquor licenses and such,  Not even close to what she expected, but that was the job she found.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
On 1/19/2021 at 2:09 AM, GeeGolly said:

Yikes. Hopefully Miss Cathy and the rest of the family hasn't been exposed. It seems unlikely Deena had it at Christmas, unless she's been having symptoms for some time. It usually takes two days for test results and most wait a few days to get tested after symptoms start, so that puts her at about 2 and a half weeks out from Christmas. 

I hope she ends up with a mild case and recovers quickly.

That's a generalization and not necessarily true. I got tested immediately after symptoms started. My first test took three weeks (seriously). Second took a week. My test and retest when I actually had covid-19 took four days each. However, I spent most of the month before my diagnosis listening to the hoaxer at the next desk cough and cough and blame it on "allergies." He never got tested at all. 

Topic: I'm sure Derick's definition of civil rights law has nothing in common with the ACLU. 

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Heathen said:

That's a generalization and not necessarily true. I got tested immediately after symptoms started. My first test took three weeks (seriously). Second took a week. My test and retest when I actually had covid-19 took four days each. However, I spent most of the month before my diagnosis listening to the hoaxer at the next desk cough and cough and blame it on "allergies." He never got tested at all. 

Topic: I'm sure Derick's definition of civil rights law has nothing in common with the ACLU. 

For sure its a generalization, sorry if my post implied it was fact.

I'm just going by folks I know, and friends of folks I know. Most spend a minimum of two days deciding if its a cold or allergies, before they get tested. I know one person who went right away because they lost their sense of taste and smell. In my area testing has improved drastically and are almost always back within 48 hours, usually 36.

I believe Jill mentioned getting her test results back fairly quickly, a couple of months back, as well.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, skatelady said:

Ummmm Is that the "before" picture? 

ColorStreet is another mlm (multi level marketing where "boss babes" pay a fee to join and sell the products and get a small portion of the profits). They are notorious for having a not-so-great product and terrible after photos online. From what I've heard, it's really difficult to apply their nail polish straps and make them look halfway decent. 

• Useful 10
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, emma675 said:

ColorStreet is another mlm (multi level marketing where "boss babes" pay a fee to join and sell the products and get a small portion of the profits). They are notorious for having a not-so-great product and terrible after photos online. From what I've heard, it's really difficult to apply their nail polish straps and make them look halfway decent. 

I find the entire concept so incredibly stupid. Where I live a manicure is $12 + tip. You'd be better off getting your nails professionally done rather than wasting money on strips that always look like crap. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, emma675 said:

I had a friend trying to involve me in those. I just use regular polish! With the pandemic, I really haven't done my nails as all the washing and sanitizing dries them out enough. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Love 8
45 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I find the entire concept so incredibly stupid. Where I live a manicure is $12 + tip. You'd be better off getting your nails professionally done rather than wasting money on strips that always look like crap. 

15 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I had a friend trying to involve me in those. I just use regular polish! With the pandemic, I really haven't done my nails as all the washing and sanitizing dries them out enough. 

I love having a manicure and a pedicure, but I'm pretty bad at doing a manicure on myself. When the lockdowns first started I just took off my no chip and let my nails breathe. I have some friends that have tried these types of strips because they too lacked manicure skills but didnt feel comfortable going to the salons when they reopened.

I cannot judge Jill for trying something new (especially when she might not want to go to a salon between cost, childcare for Sammy and covid concerns), but I would've practiced a few more times before I posted a photo. However if she has an affiliate code or promised to mention the sales person the post may have had to go up by x time regardless of how skilled she was.

• Love 10
31 minutes ago, Mojitogirl said:

Of all the things this universe of fundies has promoted, this is the first company that seems to have put some time and effort into making their product and model look good.  She has a very good figure. 

She did put effort in and looks good, but that running pose though. lol

• LOL 7
  • Love 7