Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

22 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

How come they aren't all sitting together for breakfast?

Maybe they wanted to give James time alone with his sister mom while chaperoning from a distance. 

Or Cracker Barrel has a seating limit. 😉 

• Love 7
10 hours ago, Spencer Hastings said:

Maybe they wanted to give James time alone with his sister mom while chaperoning from a distance. 

Or Cracker Barrel has a seating limit. 😉 

He's being chaperoned by his sister with his own sister???  These people!  Probably free meals at Cracker Barrel!

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

He's being chaperoned by his sister with his own sister???  These people!  Probably free meals at Cracker Barrel!

Well, of course he needs a chaperone to spend any time with Jill, the heretic.  Look at those bare shoulders and that nose ring!  The floozy!  Seriously, though, JB has supposedly said that Jill may not visit the TTH without his consent and I don't have any doubt that she is not allowed to speak to any of the kids still living at home without someone there to monitor the conversation.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Spencer Hastings said:

It looks like Jill got to see James today. I’m glad, she seems to care deeply about her buddies. 

3C3AE805-44F1-41BF-B0FC-31441DBE06D9.jpeg

Holy crap. Jill looks fantastic in that picture. 

• Love 14

As someone who identifies as "melanin challenged," I really hope Jill makes a habit of putting hats and sunscreen on the boys. Maybe they're just flushed from the heat, but they always look like they're burning when they're outside. 

• Love 9
4 hours ago, doodlebug said:

Well, of course he needs a chaperone to spend any time with Jill, the heretic.  Look at those bare shoulders and that nose ring!  The floozy!  Seriously, though, JB has supposedly said that Jill may not visit the TTH without his consent and I don't have any doubt that she is not allowed to speak to any of the kids still living at home without someone there to monitor the conversation.

It's still sick, especially considering James is an adult. 

• Love 14

James. The little boy who had the worst birthday ever, stuck in the NICU with his biological mother Michelle and her precious miracle, Josie. Michelle made him pick out his own birthday gift from the hospital gift shop. It’s nice that his sister-mom took him out for his birthday. He still looks like he’s 10 years old. 

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

Deertick is horrible at writing.  I had to read his comment three times trying to makes sense of that mess.

Right? 

I thought law school tended to improve one's writing skills. 

• LOL 4
2 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

Her smile seems genuine as if she is in a good place right now. 

All four of them (plus Jill’s oldest son James) are looking unexpectedly relaxed and happy in the latest pictures. It’s nice to see. Keep it up, Jill! 

• Love 12
1 minute ago, GeeGolly said:

Derick's answer doesn't make any sense. JB certainly does not control what TLC chooses to air and TLC aren't victims of JB.

I think by victims he means victims of Josh. 

• Love 6
Just now, VioletWitch said:

I think by victims he means victims of Josh. 

Okay, but the original poster was complaining to TLC that they aired too much of the parents and not enough of the kids. JB doesn't control that. And if Derick was talking about Josh's victims, then his argument works against them, not for them, since the original poster was saying they wish to see more of them.

My guess...

After the scandal, TLC wanted/agreed to do a show about the married kids. At the time, only Jill and Jessa were married. Jill and Derick wanted to quit but JB forced them to continue by threatening them with something. But when more kids got married, they were able to leave. 

However, I don't think JB can force TLC to have him and Michelle on the show. TLC chose to put them on air. It's my understanding, that TV networks always have the power balance in regards to the talent. JB may have power over his kids, but not over TLC. 

• Love 20
49 minutes ago, Panopticon said:

All four of them (plus Jill’s oldest son James) are looking unexpectedly relaxed and happy in the latest pictures. It’s nice to see. Keep it up, Jill! 

I agree. I don't know what happened to right their ship, but something has changed. They were both obviously terribly unhappy a couple of years ago, and they now seem much happier. I imagine that cutting the cord with JB and the TTH was hard, but Jill seems so much better off.

• Love 22

What Derick is saying makes sense.  I think about how miserable and disconnected Jill looked when Israel was young and right after Sam was born, and that matches up with when this JB drama started going down. She couldn’t seem to connect with her kids or really do anything right, she appeared to be a nervous wreck.  If you’re falling out with the person, who in your eyes basically hung the moon in the sky, that would explain some of Jill’s odd behaviors back then. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 14
On 7/7/2020 at 9:02 PM, dargosmydaddy said:

So do we think "buggy" is an amusing typo, or her actual pet name for James?

Either way, glad she got to see her oldest "son," even if Jana did have to chaperone. I wish we had evidence that she gets to see Jenni (without the entire mob of sisters), too.

I don't think there's any chance Jill gets to see any of her siblings without a chaperone.

Children ganging up on their parents is a big bugaboo of Gothard. The entire system of snitching is designed to keep their parents always in the loop and to prevent any of the kids from forming any kind of alliance.

Jill is largely out of the fold now. If she was allowed to have unchaperoned conversations with any of her siblings, she might stir up sedition among the youngsters. I don't think this is just snark. I think that JB 100% wants to have a second set of ears on anything Jill says to any of her siblings.

• Love 24
15 hours ago, doodlebug said:

Just like Amy had to come to their house to see her cousins. The level of control is sickening.

• Love 24
(edited)
4 hours ago, Zella said:

Derick still pretending like he himself wasn't fired. 🙄

I agree. Derick was all in until he couldn't get TLC and/or JB to offset the delivery bills. He never wanted off that show until he was forced off. Like most 'celebrities', Derick got too full of himself and was pissed when his 'power' got him nowhere. So he took his 'power' to SM and screwed himself in the end.

It is impressive that Jill and Derick have made it this far with an intact, relatively happy marriage. They went from, fairy tales do come true, to reality, and quickly. Jill's first reality hit was going from lollipop missionary to a fearful English speaking missionary, hiding out in a house with her infant son. Then she went from favored daughter to outcast when Derick didn't get his way with TLC, and Jill then had a second infant son.

Even if you're not Fundy choosing between your family and husband must be awful and Jill seems to be navigating all this fairly well.

Although I too get rubber necky when Derick posts shit about JB, I don't agree with it. JB may be an asshole, but he is his wife's dad and its not cool to call out your FIL on SM. Unless of course, Jill is sitting right beside him telling him to post. But I doubt that, because Derick changes the narrative whenever it suits him.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 12
(edited)
10 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Right? 

I thought law school tended to improve one's writing skills. 

If only. 😞

Edited by Jeeves
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2

I'd be more interested in Derick's "truth telling" if it were about the time he was on the show and what lies he and Jill happily spouted on camera to keep the gravy train going. Because while I believe JB is a controlling dickhead, Derick and Jill were perfectly fine with it for years until they couldn't get cash from TLC.

And I'm not criticizing that, because why shouldn't they demand to be compensated independently from what JB feels like giving them (like a huge rent-free house, but I digress)? But they don't get to paint themselves as innocent parties in this. They were team players, and if Derick wants bring down TLC/JB's house of cards, he needs to be honest about he and his wife's willing part in building that house.

11 hours ago, Future Cat Lady said:

My guess...

After the scandal, TLC wanted/agreed to do a show about the married kids. At the time, only Jill and Jessa were married. Jill and Derick wanted to quit but JB forced them to continue by threatening them with something. But when more kids got married, they were able to leave. 

However, I don't think JB can force TLC to have him and Michelle on the show. TLC chose to put them on air. It's my understanding, that TV networks always have the power balance in regards to the talent. JB may have power over his kids, but not over TLC. 

I agree with Derick that TLC took 19K off the air for appearances sake, and Counting On was always meant to be a stopgap before going back to the original format that includes large doses of JB and Michelle. Frankly, I'm shocked that they haven't reintroduced Josh via an elaborate apology tour, yet. I was sure they'd wait 2 years, tops, before going there.

• Love 24
12 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

Deertick is horrible at writing.  I had to read his comment three times trying to makes sense of that mess.

Right? The first graders I teach write better than that.  Geez. 

15 hours ago, ginger90 said:

DA22215E-64EB-4304-9710-0E793425978E.jpeg

Cutting off about another 8 inches of hair would help with tangles too, and would look super cute IMO. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

I read another post on the TLC thread where. Derelict compares Boob to Jeffrey Epstein in terms of getting away with things because of the power they wield. 

Take that as you will. For me, I don't think Derelict will be invited to the TTH anytime soon.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, lascuba said:

I'd be more interested in Derick's "truth telling" if it were about the time he was on the show and what lies he and Jill happily spouted on camera to keep the gravy train going. Because while I believe JB is a controlling dickhead, Derick and Jill were perfectly fine with it for years until they couldn't get cash from TLC.

And I'm not criticizing that, because why shouldn't they demand to be compensated independently from what JB feels like giving them (like a huge rent-free house, but I digress)? But they don't get to paint themselves as innocent parties in this. They were team players, and if Derick wants bring down TLC/JB's house of cards, he needs to be honest about he and his wife's willing part in building that house.

I agree with Derick that TLC took 19K off the air for appearances sake, and Counting On was always meant to be a stopgap before going back to the original format that includes large doses of JB and Michelle. Frankly, I'm shocked that they haven't reintroduced Josh via an elaborate apology tour, yet. I was sure they'd wait 2 years, tops, before going there.

As soon as the Daily Mail branded him Sex Pest, all bets were off with Josh being re-introduced to the show. 

SEX PEST JOSH DUGGAR RE-INTRODUCED ON TLC'S COUNTING ON.

Yeah. Doesn't sound so good. 

I think Derick was hoping the money train would continue. I do believe it when he said Jill didn't want to film anymore after the InTouch story came out. She probably didn't have any say in the matter. 

That being said this all seems to have worked out the best for Jill. She may still hold repugnant beliefs but Rome wasn't built in a day. She may never fully get there but at least there's hope for Izzy and Sam. I'm not going to start stanning her but baby steps are better than none at all. 

• Love 10

I don’t like that Derick and Amy are posting about Jill’s relationship with her family. 

My mother and I are estranged. It’s necessary, but nonetheless painful. I can’t imagine if a third party starting posted about it on social media. Even if that person was posting about the heinous things she’s done to me, or even cryptically referenced it, I would be an anxious mess and pissed. And I don’t have the following Jill does.

• Love 24
20 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I read another post on the TLC thread where. Derelict compares Boob to Jeffrey Epstein in terms of getting away with things because of the power they wield. 

Take that as you will. For me, I don't think Derelict will be invited to the TTH anytime soon.

Really Derick. There are many powerful folks who aren't pedophiles. That comparison is provocative. And JB may let Derick thinks he has all this power, but the only power he has is over his kids. JB is small potatoes. 

Just wanted to add that if JB had any power the molestation story would have never gotten out.

• Love 7

Maybe it’s with the permission of Jill that Derek and Amy post about her relationship with her family. Maybe she wants the world to know the truth but is still unable or hasn’t built up the courage to do it in her own just yet.

• Useful 1
  • Love 21
4 minutes ago, zenme said:

Maybe it’s with the permission of Jill that Derek and Amy post about her relationship with her family. Maybe she wants the world to know the truth but is still unable or hasn’t built up the courage to do it in her own just yet.

That's what I'm hoping. Has Derick ever been asked if he has Jill's permission to speak on this? 

• Love 8
(edited)
40 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Amy can't talk about Jill's relationship with her family. Remember, she has an NDA. All she can say is she's proud of Jill, but she can't elaborate.

good on Amy for at least offering support in a way she is legally allowed to do, to give some public support to Jill.

the change in Jill's posts is significant. gone are the lamenting long, hard days when Derick has school, she doesn't know how to entertain the boys all day etc. her posts now make it seem she is comfortable with her life and pretty happy with it. her posts are nothing special, but they are mostly identical to posts I see everyday from moms with kids the same ages as Sam and Izzy.

for a laugh - on Jill and Jessa's poor man pizza - my grandsons have finally been allowed to visit this week. they wanted "lazy people grilled cheese". I had no idea what they were talking about. apparently a slice of bread, some butter, a slice of cheese and microwave for 15 to 30 seconds. (6yr old is great on details)  I said no, I will not make that

Edited by crazy8s
  • LOL 21
  • Love 3

In another reply he clarified his beef is with JB - and JB's "abuse". Nothing about Josh.

Epstein...well...hello DHS.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5