Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Normades said:

Did anyone see the Daily Mail article about Derrick speaking out about JimBoob?  Some really explosive stuff.

I feel dirty linking to the Daily Fail, but is it this one?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-8521891/Jill-Duggars-husband-Derick-Dillard-compares-Jim-Bob-Jeffrey-Epstein-shocking-condemnation.html

In Touch is also reporting Derick claims Joy and Austin have left the show, though it also passive-aggressively notes they have appeared on the most recent season:

https://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/did-joy-anna-duggar-and-austin-forsyth-quit-counting-on/

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
15 minutes ago, Normades said:

That Epstein comparison is really harsh. 

Given what goes on behind the scenes, and what could potentially go on behind the scenes, it might not be harsh enough.  I’m sure there are things that make the Josh scandal look like a square dance in comparison. Both sexual and nonsexual. 

• Love 11
5 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

The new look for summer 2020 is a nap dress.  A nap dress is a fancy word for a nice enough cotton nightgown that you just wear all day while social distancing at home.  Carlin's look is right on trend. 

Just look at this one, it even fits the Duggar-Bates-Rodrigues modesty standards

image.thumb.png.4fbf6843b35e7da029959b828f4544ff.png

In other words, we ain't going anywhere so let's just wear nightgowns. I prefer Carlin's look. It was a better length and these sleeves look uncomfortable. I still wouldn't say she dressed up for the occasion, but Carlin should wear what she wants. 

• Love 5
48 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Jill, this is a social distancing failure. And enough with the hashtags! Ugh.

That last picture. Friends must have brought those skewers. That's a nice pile of veggies.

Other than the failure to observe distancing guidelines, it's nice to see them with friends, not "sweet friends" but, you know, real friends. 

28 minutes ago, Angeltoes said:

Nah, the tell-tale sign that a Duggarette is pregnant is the cradling of the stomach.

I think Jill just has a loose stomach. She could probably benefit from some ab workouts.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Jill, this is a social distancing failure. And enough with the hashtags! Ugh.

The shish kabobs look good. 

3 hours ago, QuinnInND said:

Social distancing fail. No masks either. On the plus side, the kids have other kids to play with. I love the playground equipment! Looks fun! 

Actual kids who are not a cousin! 

• Love 16
(edited)

Does Jill not realize by hash tagging quarantine, her post of entertaining guests and going to the park, will end up with posts of folks who are at home alone or seeing a loved one through a window?

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Useful 2
  • Love 17
3 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

I'm really jazzed Jill is making friends with a more diverse group of people. Like ... I don't see Jessa hanging out with a black lady. 

I am too, but every friend she seems to make only hangs around for a little while.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
36 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

I'm really jazzed Jill is making friends with a more diverse group of people. Like ... I don't see Jessa hanging out with a black lady. 

Speaking of which, whatever happened to Flame? 

But I think Jill and Derick have had more genuine relationships with people of color than anyone else.

• Love 10
41 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

I am too, but every friend she seems to make only hangs around for a little while.

I noticed that too, and I wonder if Jill is completely ignorant of the fact that friendship is reciprocal. Her model for relationships is her parents, and all they do is take, take, take. It might not occur to her to return the favor after a neighbor takes the kids for the afternoon or drops off a coffee. Even if it's not intentional, nobody likes to feel used. 

• Love 18
4 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

On another note, reddit  is saying that this new friend is posting things about leaving the church to become the church, discussing how anxiety and depression are ignored by the church, and seems to be divorced. She sounds like she could be a good influence on Jill. Just wear a damn mask.

This is an excerpt from her blog: ( it was her first post, from October 2019)

My demon now is Anxiety and Depression. Now these are illnesses I never heard about in the church. These are hush hush issues that the church often pretends don’t exist. I’ve prayed and prayed and prayed and those mental health issues are still present. That doesn’t make me any less Christian. It makes me authentic. God never promises perfect health. He just promises that He will never leave me nor forsake me (Joshua 1:5). He promises to surround me with songs of deliverance (Psalms 32:7-8). He promises that all I have to do is be still while he fights for me (Exodus 14:14). He promises that no weapon forged against me will prevail (Isaiah 54:17). He promises to go before me and be with me (Deuteronomy 31:8). And he promises that his rod and staff will comfort me (Psalms 23:4).

There are people out there with real problems and we are in church meeting after meeting planning more meetings that could have been sent in a brief email. #firstworldproblems

• Useful 3
  • Love 8
5 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

On another note, reddit  is saying that this new friend is posting things about leaving the church to become the church, discussing how anxiety and depression are ignored by the church, and seems to be divorced. She sounds like she could be a good influence on Jill. Just wear a damn mask.

Jill's friend has a blog by that name, however I don't think she's leaving Jesus behind. Ironically (or maybe not) this picture is on one of her blog posts.

image.png.e897d5489c7222be8d57dce891a04ac1.png

1 minute ago, GeeGolly said:

Jill's friend has a blog by that name, however I don't think she's leaving Jesus behind. Ironically (or maybe not) this picture is on one of her blog posts.

image.png.e897d5489c7222be8d57dce891a04ac1.png

I didn’t mean to imply that she was. It could be a good message to send, that you don’t have to rely on organized religion/Christianity  in order to have a relationship with God. It could be very positive for Jill.  Of course I can also turn into a situation where some idiot like Jim Bob is your spiritual leader, and you’re homechurching because your beliefs are so crazy. That being said, I have high hopes for this friend.

• Love 11
Just now, JoanArc said:

It’s worth pointing out that 2007 Jill would’ve praised Mrs. Michelle and Mr. Jim Bob as well.  People are allowed to grow over 13 years. 

I agree.

• Love 14

Jill seems to have Amy as a constant, as well as a church group. She also is in contact with the female side of the Duggars -- Meechelle, Joy, Jana. I really like that she went to Joy's shower in jorts and a tank top -- she's not hiding who she is anymore from her family and Joy seems okay with it too. 

Just a lot of positive changes I see in Jill.

• Useful 2
  • Love 19
On 7/10/2020 at 9:15 AM, Scarlett45 said:

I grew up in a family where “eating in the car” just wasn’t done, 

Same here. My mom said it was tacky. So, when I bought my first car, I bought fast food and ate it in the car as much as I could. Then I realized why it was such a no-no growing up. The next day, my car always smelled like old french fry grease. I would never leave trash in the car, but that smell just permeates through every piece of cloth in the car’s interior. Even the visors. It smells even worse after it rains. I couldn’t do it anymore. No eating in my car. It’s similar to how smokers think their car doesn’t reek because they put the car windows down when they smoke.

So funny seeing Jill in that tie dye sweat suit. I was actually eyeing it on Amazon a little while ago. It’s 30 bucks. Too bad she’s shilling it. I’d really like to get her honest review of how it fits and the material. I only buy clothes with elastic these days. My pandemic wardrobe is so sad and stretchy lol.

• LOL 6
  • Love 5
(edited)
8 hours ago, JoanArc said:

To me, and Jill. For the first time she’s not having to take care of a gaggle of kids, just the two sons. She sleeping through the night, she is doing a lot of self care, And getting therapy. I feel like a new child might re-traumatize her, and will definitely stress her and Derreck out more. While I have no problem with her having kids later, the crisis of a new child is probably not what she needs right now. Their (Duggar) whole pregnancy every year system certainly does keep you in a permanent state of crisis, fatigue, and stifles introspection and growth.

I certainly agree with the bolded section. I think that's why Gothard and a lot of cult leaders/groups like women to be quiverfull.

I believe Jill isn't pregnant, but she said she wasn't and she didn't look particularly pregnant to me. Between her upbringing, the food she's eaten for decades, pushing 30, and two pregnancies with huge babies, I think her stomach looks good. As someone who is self conscious about my mid section, I try not to judge others.  She and Derick seemed to have moved away from quiverfull and I think it's good for them.

Usually the Duggars save announcements (like pregnancies) to best publicize the show. (And Jill isn't on the show.) And some people wait until they're 3 months along, but usually they're not showing before then. Judging whether someone is pregnant, based on looks or supposed clues is hard as my hit-and-miss record in predicting Duggar pregnancies shows. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 9

I don’t know who this new friend, but I like her already.  She seems to have taken the “church folk” blinders off, and can be a fountain of differing perspectives for Jill.  

I don’t know what her religion is, but she was probably raised Baptist, non-denominational or perhaps COGIC, Pentecostal or Methodist.  Don’t even get me started on if she was raised as a Jehovah’s Witness! Fundies are Fundies, but a Black minister’s family in the South (assuming she is Southern) is a whole other ballgame. Especially in the Black Baptist church, and I say that as someone who grew up Baptist, had a Catholic father, converted to non-denominational, and has an uncle that’s a minister.  She and Jill might find striking similarities in their childhoods, and my hope is she and Amy can help Jill navigate this new phase of her life with confidence and understanding.

Her daughter is also adorable!

• Love 9

I hope Jill doesn’t run this friend off  And it’s friend not sweet friend ,by not learning and doing something for them.   Just to do it.  Not accolades. Not likes.  Just to be a friend 

• Love 7
23 minutes ago, dariafan said:

I hope Jill doesn’t run this friend off  And it’s friend not sweet friend ,by not learning and doing something for them.   Just to do it.  Not accolades. Not likes.  Just to be a friend 

The thing is Jill probably does not know how to be a friend. Hopefully this lady will teach..and by that I mean tell here is how it works... I do this then you do that.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
28 minutes ago, dariafan said:

This is sad that the bare minimum actions get him declared best husband ever 

I’m curious if Jill has mastered the concept of the circadian rhythm yet. She could still be rolling out of bed at 11 AM, so Derreck has to get kids ready fed in the morning, so the tea is no big deal for him. She looks more well rested, so maybe she is slowly cottoning on to something a little more reasonable.

• Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, Jenniferbug said:

What's really sad is that so many of my friends' husbands can't even do the bare minimum. 

True. My husband is wonderful but sometimes he complains if I ask him to pour me a glass of wine or get me a glass of water in the evenings. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Also- Jill didn’t grow up in a world where people did things for her. Those little actions mean different things to different people, but most people in healthy relationships (friendships, siblings, dating whatever) have instances where someone does something for them without asking. Bringing them a beverage, picking up a meal, putting something away etc. Being the second oldest girl Jill was ALWAYS caring for her buddies and then her kids. She didn’t even have a teenage experience where a BFF bought her nail polish just cause she thought she would like it. 

I think her reaction to the cup of tea is genuine. 

This. When you live in a situation where someone doing some small nice thing for you is unknown, it means a lot. I think it's genuine too. 

• Love 16
3 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Or it’s edited just like Rods and Tim’s privates

I’m really really scared to ask. Is it like Jana throwing maxi skirts on the sluts in the background?

• LOL 8