Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

One thing I notice about Jill's 'influencer ' attempts vs her sisters..is that she seems like a sweet person just discovering something new and wants to share it with all of us.

Jessa always seems like she's preaching at us in hers while I think Jinger is not being herself when she does these type of vids (she always the sweet demure one as a teen).

• Love 22
On 6/28/2020 at 10:38 PM, Sew Sumi said:

KRISTEN Nicole Young and her husband Justin are reprehensible parents. They definitely have the potential to be as bad as Boobchelle. 

Thanks for pointing out that Jessa would have been five when Jana was eight, except for the period of November when Jessa turned six into early January when Jana would have turned nine.

Whats going on with them?  Sometimes I snoop on her IG when she’s mentioned here but I just find her boring and sanctimonious. Her husband creeps me out a bit bough. 

• Love 3
(edited)
15 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Although I too get rubber necky when Derick posts shit about JB, I don't agree with it. JB may be an asshole, but he is his wife's dad and its not cool to call out your FIL on SM. Unless of course, Jill is sitting right beside him telling him to post. But I doubt that, because Derick changes the narrative whenever it suits him.

Eh. If JB was your run of the mill FIL, I'd also say it was tacky and ill-advised (while also rubbernecking).

But this is Jim Bob Duggar who is being dragged. Fuck him and the horse he rode in on. And I don't even like Derick.

Edited by EarlGreyTea
  • Love 21

I'd be more okay with Derick shitposting about his FIL if he wasn't a hypocrite about it and if he wasn't trying to be so self-aggrandizing with it. I mean, it's still tacky as hell, but as we all know, the Duggars do things a bit differently. 😉 

• LOL 2
  • Love 14
41 minutes ago, Tigregirl said:

During this pandemic and safer at home, my husband and I, just for something different to do, have picked up a meal at a drive thru then taken it to a parking lot somewhere to sit in the car and eat.  Gets us safely out of the house for a change of scenery.  I can’t knock her for this one.

True, but they had a habit of eating in the car before the pandemic. Eating in the car unnecessarily. Stuff they could have taken home and eaten or eaten in the restaurant instead of in the car.  Like it was a date or something. It was odd and commented on at the time. But in the context of the pandemic, it's ok. We've done it. Gone to sonic and eaten in the car. 

• Love 8
13 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

True, but they had a habit of eating in the car before the pandemic. Eating in the car unnecessarily. Stuff they could have taken home and eaten or eaten in the restaurant instead of in the car.  Like it was a date or something. It was odd and commented on at the time. But in the context of the pandemic, it's ok. We've done it. Gone to sonic and eaten in the car. 

Oh I know.  I wonder how much they get bothered by leg humpers when they go out to eat, or if they’re weird like me and think it tastes best eaten in the car rather then waiting 10 - 20 minutes and eating when they get home.  Please know I’m not being argumentative or critical, just my thoughts.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, Zella said:

I'd be more okay with Derick shitposting about his FIL if he wasn't a hypocrite about it and if he wasn't trying to be so self-aggrandizing with it. I mean, it's still tacky as hell, but as we all know, the Duggars do things a bit differently. 😉 

And he’s such a tease, dropping coy little hints about all the dark Duggar secrets he knows, giving vague half-answers to his fans’ questions and leading people on with the promise that he’s writing an explosive tell-all book. I doubt if there ever will be a book, but if there is, it will be a huge disappointment.

• Love 16
37 minutes ago, Tigregirl said:

Oh I know.  I wonder how much they get bothered by leg humpers when they go out to eat, or if they’re weird like me and think it tastes best eaten in the car rather then waiting 10 - 20 minutes and eating when they get home.  Please know I’m not being argumentative or critical, just my thoughts.

No worries!  😊

(edited)
15 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

And he’s such a tease, dropping coy little hints about all the dark Duggar secrets he knows, giving vague half-answers to his fans’ questions and leading people on with the promise that he’s writing an explosive tell-all book. I doubt if there ever will be a book, but if there is, it will be a huge disappointment.

I envision him laying awake at night, plotting his next petty social media comment, the way Dr. Evil probably lays awake at night plotting his next world domination gambit. 🤣

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 11
  • Love 4
(edited)

I'm in the "it's not weird to eat in the car" group. I think it may be a combination of a regional thing and how your family did things. I def grew up in a car culture region and "food to go" (or served in the car) dining options. Small town OK/TX in the mid 20th Century. Just the other day, for the first time in ages, I not only got food at a drive-through, I parked in their lot to consume it. As @Tigregirl and @Zella said, it was partly about just being out of the condo during the pandemic. 

Anyway, I've never thought it was terrible that the Dillards eat in the car. I have thought it sad when Jill posted photos of herself and Derick eating pizza in the car like it was a Very Special Date. And, unless she's upped her cleaning game, her cars aren't particularly clean. Remember the world-class grimy car seat in some of her photos?

But regardless of her housekeeping chops, I agree that Jill looks really good in her most recent pictures. Her skin looks nice and as others have noted she seems less stressed, less like she's striving so hard to keep sweet and look happy. 

(BTW, I know that eating in the car even if you're careful results in crumbs and stuff accumulating. If little kids are eating in the car, you really can have a mess. My cousin and her husband babysit their two tiny grandkids a few days a week, and due to the schedule and commute, the 4 year old often eats his lunch or a snack in their very nice minivan. She told me the other day what a job they have to periodically deep clean the minivan. They take out the second row seats and vacuum stuff out of nooks and crannies and scrub out stains. I can't imagine Jill or Derick tackling that kind of job. Just saying.)

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 10

I'm just speculating here, but it seems that the problem Derick has with JB is not really that he's a controlling asshole towards his kids and covered up his son's sexual abuse. It looks like Derick has a problem with the show and the money JB makes with the show. He seems pissed that he didn't get a piece of the pie. That's understandable, but I don't think it's the bigger problem.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, Jeeves said:

I'm in the "it's not weird to eat in the car" group. I think it may be a combination of a regional thing and how your family did things. I def grew up in a car culture region and "food to go" (or served in the car) dining options. Small town OK/TX in the mid 20th Century. Just the other day, for the first time in ages, I not only got food at a drive-through, I parked in their lot to consume it. As @Tigregirl and @Zella said, it was partly about just being out of the condo during the pandemic. 

This is probably true. Of course I’m all for adults doing what they want- Jill & Derrick werent bothering anyone by eating in the car but I did think it was odd. 

I grew up in a family where “eating in the car” just wasn’t done, unless it was early morning and you didn’t have a chance to finish breakfast on the way to work/school. Also my family didn’t eat fast food much (not a snobbish thing just didn’t care for it). If we went out to eat it was for the experience of going out to eat- if we wanted to eat at home you cooked or got delivery. You didn’t drive to pick it up and eat in the car. 

I did know several young couples like Derek and Jill who would get snacks or drinks to eat in the car to have private conversations away from the kids/others, or enjoy some very cheap “alone time”. So that’s what I thought the car eating was for- just to get a short break from the kids. When my mom was a little girl her parents would sit in the car to argue, and she would peak out of the window😝

• Love 8

@Future Cat Lady, I agree that Derick is angry that he and Jill didn’t receive the compensation that he thinks they deserved. I hope that he is also angry about many other things that Jill’s parents did, but is keeping those issues private. It seems safer to put them on public blast about TLC/the money. I wonder if Derick and Jill are also resentful that the other marrieds apparently went along with whatever JB wanted, which enabled TLC to continue the show without Derick and Jill. If all of the over 18 adults had said they would only participate with their own contracts, maybe Derick and Jill would still be on the show.

I have no doubt that JB bullied Derick and Jill over participating on his terms, but no one held a gun to their heads and made them participate. They weren’t children anymore, and Derick should have had more sense than to believe that JB wasn’t receiving any compensation for the show (I give Jill a bit more of a pass, as she is far more naive). Derick’s claims that they were lied to about everything seem just a bit disingenuous to me. Derick just seems bitter that they didn’t get what he considers their fair share, even though apparently they were happy to participate at the time.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
(edited)

@Jeeves I think you might be right about it being regional (and fast food specific). I got to thinking about this more this morning, and beyond eating in the car by myself, a friend and I used to eat DQ in her car on our lunch breaks when I was attending a community college. We never once went in, and we still sometimes chat fondly about hanging out in her car eating burgers. 🤣 And when I take my grandparents to doctor appointments or was taking them on long drives to visit someone in the hospital, if we get fast food, doesn't matter where, we don't even have a discussion about it--we eat in the car. That's even if we went in to pick it up. I also remember going on long drives with friends in college, and we only went in if it was a sit-down place. We would eat in the car otherwise, even if we were all decked out in wedding guest finery. Lol

I'd venture to say Jill and Derick probably don't find it odd at all. Granted, Jill has a much more skewed view of normal, but it wouldn't surprise me if Derick's family has a tradition of eating in the car, and they are just following that.

Edited by Zella
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, MargeGunderson said:

They weren’t children anymore, and Derick should have had more sense than to believe that JB wasn’t receiving any compensation for the show (I give Jill a bit more of a pass, as she is far more naive). Derick’s claims that they were lied to about everything seem just a bit disingenuous to me.

I can see JB telling the kids that the trips, nice house, cars, and things like that were due to TLC compensation and leaving out the fact that a lot of it was paid for with money from TLC. Derick probably believed him at first b/c he truly thought JB was a spiritual leader and great father. 

Then came the rain; he found out Josh molested his wife, he watched his wife cry on national TV as her family glossed over the damage to save the show instead of their children, he & Jill didn't want to do the show but JB threatened to sue him and probably emotionally blackmailed Jill, he found out his wife really didn't want to be a missionary and was terrified the entire time, their anxiety, anger, and unhappiness spilled over into their parenting and the boys suffered greatly, his angry SM posts got him fired, and JB basically cut his wife out of her family. Finding out that JB was making money and had basically lied to him was just the icing on the cake.

That said, I'm pretty sure if he could have negotiated a paycheck from TLC he and Jill would still be filming. After all, it's easier than getting a real job. But all of the above would still be festering just waiting for the right time to erupt.

The best thing that ever happened to their family was Derick is getting fired from TLC. I don't know if he'll ever admit that. It's telling that his main beef with JB is over the show, but maybe he does have a sense of propriety and isn't willing to air all of his dirty laundry on social media.

• Love 19
1 minute ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I actually like both pieces, just maybe not together.  But, I think tie-dye suits Jill.  

I would definitely wear the top - I love tie dye.  The pants look a little clingier on the legs than I would be comfortable with in public, but at home as lounge/sleep pants I might consider them.

• Love 8

I’m loving tie-dye Jill.  We’re three months away from a blog post about how God created everything, including herbs, and how we should all be smoking them and loving one another in a big orgy. 

On a serious, slightly related note, I wonder if Derreck ever Reasons out Jill could outgrow even his little uptight conservative container.

Also, he was fine with being on the show for YEARS. No need to be so bitter now. Might want to do some of that biblical forgiveness stuff himself. I wouldn’t hire a lawyer that Is there publicly pissed, and unable to move past things. Some things are private and should remain so. The other guy is not supposed to be able to tell what cards you are holding, Mr. attorney.

4DAE7B64-C213-4B86-B2A8-62A6AFCD4AD9.jpeg

790972DF-2ED2-44C1-9BD6-CEA28F430C77.jpeg

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

Why would she add #nepal to that pic??

Because her little son, who has no concept of the country, and has never been there, is wearing an I Love Nepal shirt.

I’m guessing the natives don’t miss Derreck. 

• LOL 13
  • Love 2
17 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Because her little son, who has no concept of the country, and has never been there, is wearing an I Love Nepal shirt.

I’m guessing the natives don’t miss Derreck. 

They might miss his killer interpretative dance skills if they ever got to witness those. 😉 

• LOL 9
1 hour ago, JoanArc said:

I’m loving tie-dye Jill.  We’re three months away from a blog post about how God created everything, including herbs, and how we should all be smoking them and loving one another in a big orgy. 

On a serious, slightly related note, I wonder if Derreck ever Reasons out Jill could outgrow even his little uptight conservative container.

Also, he was fine with being on the show for YEARS. No need to be so bitter now. Might want to do some of that biblical forgiveness stuff himself. I wouldn’t hire a lawyer that Is there publicly pissed, and unable to move past things. Some things are private and should remain so. The other guy is not supposed to be able to tell what cards you are holding, Mr. attorney.

If I'm understanding what you're saying, that's an interesting point. I think Derick has helped Jill come this way, but I hadn't considered the possibility that Jill could outgrow Derick. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

Eating in the car:

If Derrick has a time-limited lunch break, then it would make sense to order and pick up the food and have it ready as soon as he starts his break. And he gets to see the kids.

I can't stand any of the Duggars and no longer watch the show. The reason? That horrible thing they did to Jill. That stupid interview with Meghan Kelly where Jessa worked like a dog to downplay the molestations, while Jill sat there barely able to hold it together. Then that equally asinine thing where Mullet took them to some kind of seminar where they discussed predator safeguards in the home....and Mullet and Jessa acted like it didn't pertain to any of them.

I have a soft spot for Jill. I don't care what Derrick says about anything. Everyone's entitled to their opinion. I think a lot of people wish for them to be able to express opinions, so here's the chance. Go for it, Jill. I would read Derrick's book. I hope he does that critique while the show is on thing he mentioned.

The Dillards are on a budget...they don't need lawn furniture until D is finished with law school.

Aaaaaand....Sam is just the cutest thing ever. As in every last Duggar kid and grandkid. By a mile.

• Love 22
13 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Wait, what? (I always miss the next page)

Derick says she can do any work she wants, within reason? What does he mean by that?

No exotic dancing. Only he may dance!

• LOL 18
10 minutes ago, drafan said:

I have a soft spot for Jill. I don't care what Derrick says about anything. Everyone's entitled to their opinion. I think a lot of people wish for them to be able to express opinions, so here's the chance. Go for it, Jill. I would read Derrick's book. I hope he does that critique while the show is on thing he mentioned.

There's a show on HGTV where comedians are commenting on a House Hunters episode while it is running. I think Derick needs to do something like that. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

Jill said in the comments that Sammy insisted on dressing himself and put his shorts on inside out. 😂

I thought they looked inside out. How cute. 

2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

3DB2D4B8-5EAE-4ED7-841E-3843CB6EE8AA.jpeg

I think that is a cute outfit. I can see it for lounge wear or running around on the weekends. It suits her. 

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I actually like both pieces, just maybe not together.  But, I think tie-dye suits Jill.  

I think I'd wear them separately with solid-colored leggings or tanks, but I agree the tie-dye is cute on Jill. 

• Love 15

They were volunteering, they had a contract, they had NDA, there’s no NDA, they were paid, they were not paid, they were humiliated, they were not humiliated, there was no contract, they were fired, they quit, they can talk about it, they can’t talk about it.

Just. Spit. It. Out. 

AA57F635-B7B1-48AA-8B1C-6B164DA90A6B.jpeg

• Love 15
1 hour ago, madpsych78 said:

There's a show on HGTV where comedians are commenting on a House Hunters episode while it is running. I think Derick needs to do something like that. 

The only problem with that is that Deertick is not a comedian.  It might be interesting, but probably really boring after a while.

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

They were volunteering, they had a contract, they had NDA, there’s no NDA, they were paid, they were not paid, they were humiliated, they were not humiliated, there was no contract, they were fired, they quit, they can talk about it, they can’t talk about it.

Just. Spit. It. Out. 

AA57F635-B7B1-48AA-8B1C-6B164DA90A6B.jpeg

Lets just say you straight up answer a fucking question directly for once Derick.

• LOL 5
  • Love 11
27 minutes ago, Spencer Hastings said:

She looks so much more authentic here than she ever did in her Citrus and Lemon days.

D7D72D01-C1C1-453A-8CC2-30FBA456F6C7.jpeg

I wonder if it is because Amy explained to Jill how to take these types of pictures in terms Jill understands.  She had some cute outfits from C & L, but she just took them out of the packaging, threw them on, and had Izzy snap some pictures.  Amy must have told her to wash the clothes before wearing them, and maybe not stand outside staring into the sun while her son snapped away on her phone.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

3DB2D4B8-5EAE-4ED7-841E-3843CB6EE8AA.jpeg

Derick always has been, and always will be a whining little twat. 

And Jill needs spellcheck, because even the fake word "Athleisure" has an "i" in it.  She looks like she's wearing a pre-schooler's jammies.  Idiots. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
14 minutes ago, leighdear said:

Derick always has been, and always will be a whining little twat. 

I totally agree.  All these comments he's making on Instagram just make him look super jealous for not being on the show anymore.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11