Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

The first bathing suit was cute. I guess my idea of modest is different than Jill's. I wouldn't consider the last few modest. 

Are you kidding? Or is that you Michelle? 

Considering most bathings suits have an underwear bottom and a tank top. Her suits don't seem immodest to me. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Temperance said:

Are you kidding? Or is that you Michelle? 

Considering most bathings suits have an underwear bottom and a tank top. Her suits don't seem immodest to me. 

Nope not kidding and not Michelle.

I don't consider bare legs and bare arms immodest. But I do think skin tight clothing leans that way.

To me modest is largely leaving the shape of someones curves up to the imagination of others.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I don't consider bare legs and bare arms immodest. But I do think skin tight clothing leans that way.

To me modest is largely leaving the shape of someones curves up to the imagination of others.

Interesting- I consider bare skin more immodest than skin covered with cloth, (even form fitting) especially since bathing suits are designed to be form fitting. 

By mainstream US standards the bathing suits she modeled were modest/conservative but still fashionable. And also designed for SWIMMING, like what many of my Muslim friends wear to swim if they are going to a public beach/pool. 

Jill is free to wear what she wants and I’m glad she is finding things that suit HER. She has a cute figure. 

• Love 17
2 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Interesting- I consider bare skin more immodest than skin covered with cloth, (even form fitting) especially since bathing suits are designed to be form fitting. 

By mainstream US standards the bathing suits she modeled were modest/conservative but still fashionable. And also designed for SWIMMING, like what many of my Muslim friends wear to swim if they are going to a public beach/pool. 

Jill is free to wear what she wants and I’m glad she is finding things that suit HER. She has a cute figure. 

Yes, I'm not trying to change anyone's mind and it may just be me, or a generational thing.

I have three mainstream bathing suits. None are form fitting on the top, though they can get clingy when wet. I wear them with board shorts, a regular two-piece bottom and even sometimes with running shorts.

I'd also rather see a regular two-piece bottom than swimming capris that clearly outlines the hoohaa.

32 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Yes, I'm not trying to change anyone's mind and it may just be me, or a generational thing.

I have three mainstream bathing suits. None are form fitting on the top, though they can get clingy when wet. I wear them with board shorts, a regular two-piece bottom and even sometimes with running shorts.

I'd also rather see a regular two-piece bottom than swimming capris that clearly outlines the hoohaa.

No I didn’t think you were trying to change anyone’s mind. We all respect each other’s opinions here. 😁

I can see how Jill, who was raised to cover everything would feel more comfortable in swimming capris than a regular two piece bottom. She’s pear shaped but is more hippy than having a buttocks so I don’t think her behind falling out would be an issue. 

This discussion is making me long for pool time. 

• Love 8
(edited)
10 hours ago, QuinnInND said:

She's got to hide all her hotness. Lest she tempt another man. If she wore a regular suit, who knows the chaos that would ensue? 

I've got 3 suits. None have built in bras. 🤔 I may have to go look at suits and see if I can find one with a bra. 

I have an Elomi one piece swimsuit.  It comes with a full underwire bra that goes under the one piece.  I'm like a 34 H, so I have to real support. Elomi is a great bra company too.  

I think the suits look nice on Jill.  She's taking small steps toward finding her own style and that's what is most important.  I think this is a good company for her to partner with.

Edited by hathorlive
forgot to add part.
  • Useful 6
  • Love 8
(edited)
30 minutes ago, hathorlive said:

I have an Elomi one piece swimsuit.  It comes with a full underwire bra that goes under the one piece.  I'm like a 34 H, so I have to real support. Elomi is a great bra company too.  

Elomi is excellent for the well endowed or the plus sized woman.  Lots of choices and nice quality.  I've bought bras from them.  They're actually a European brand and the American brand Wacoal is the same company.

I guess it is because I am plus size, but I haven't had a swimsuit without some sort of bra structure in it since high school.

I agree, Jill probably feels more comfortable wearing capris than she would in a swim skirt although many of us, me included, would consider the skirt to be more modest.  After all, these are women who think maternity wear needs to be so tight that people can tell if you have an innie or an outie from a block away.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 14

I feel like women should wear what they want in terms of swimwear. Sometimes women want modest swimwear not necessarily for modest reasons. I have a friend who is liberal and has a nice figure ... in clothes. But she has a ton of veins and cellulite on her legs so she prefers swimwear that's sort of longer leggings. 

They look sort of like this:

bathing-suits467472-leggings.jpg?wait=0&

I feel like the growth in Jill is that she wears what she wants to wear now. The bathing suits look like things she's comfortable wearing. Her hair is at the length she wants it. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 19
1 hour ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

Ewwwwwwwwwww

I’m a laid back parent, but playing with shoes? Gross. No.

I think it’s just another example of Jill not know any better 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

Ewwwwwwwwwww

I’m a laid back parent, but playing with shoes? Gross. No.

That shoe pile looks like they went through their shoes and this is the "throw in the garbage" pile.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
On 7/20/2020 at 9:30 AM, OpieTaylor said:

READ THESE COMMENTS! Amy's "Freedom" and then Derick referencing "drinks" - probably not alcohol, but WOW if they are alcohol!

amyrachelleking

Verified

Our new favorite word: Freedom! @wellingtonnwa @jillmdillard @derickdillard #doubledatenight @3130clothing @wellingtonnwa

1d

derickdillard

Verified

Thanks for treating us! We had a great time! Good food, drinks, and company (not necessarily in that order 😉

8h14 likesReply

amyrachelleking

Verified

@derickdillard We had so much fun! Next time Brunch , drinks and the patio!

6h2 likesReply

Hide replies

Late to this but Jill looks great - she can pull off a '70's vibe really well.  Not sure if what she's wearing is a long dress or a jumpsuit but if it's the latter, she just upped her cool factor even more.  And I can't believe I am using "Jill" and "cool" in the same sentence but I hope she keeps it up, she looks happier and more relaxed than ever.

• Love 19
On 7/21/2020 at 12:23 PM, galaxychaser said:

I’m hungry so I’d eat that 🤣

Me too.  You're lucky to get some sharp Cracker Barrel cheddar on Ritz crackers with a couple of grapes thrown in on a good night in our house.  If not, it's Cheez Whiz on saltines.  

On 7/22/2020 at 3:42 PM, Growsonwalls said:

Hmm I like these swimsuits. I wouldn't wear them but if you want modest swimwear it's cute and it's certainly better than what the Duggars wore.

It's also actually content that is targeted towards Jill's followers so she's being an effective "influencer". 

michelleduggar.jpg

I'll give Michelle a pass on her beach outfit if that's an adult beverage she is holding. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
On 7/22/2020 at 1:50 PM, QuinnInND said:

She does. I think if she would stand straight and pull her shoulders back, it would help. 

Mechelle looks ridiculous. 

She is wearing a black skirt, black capris, black hose (!!!), and black shoes!  In Hawaii!!!

• LOL 11
50 minutes ago, louannems said:

She is wearing a black skirt, black capris, black hose (!!!), and black shoes!  In Hawaii!!!

Throw on a coat, hat and mittens and she's all set for Alaska.

• LOL 14
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, ginger90 said:

893BC156-5FD7-40FF-8CF6-543329CD2935.jpeg

8AE554BD-4374-46C7-9B4D-3E7438C3C346.jpeg

This just grosses me out.  I don't keep any shoes in my house because shoes are just plain dirty.  Shoes stay in the garage.  To let children play in them and cover themselves with them??  A Big No.  Who knows what those shoes have stepped in.  People are disinfecting packages that are delivered, and groceries when they are brought into the house.  But play with dirty shoes---that's ok.  (Shakes head)

• Love 9
13 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

This just grosses me out.  I don't keep any shoes in my house because shoes are just plain dirty.  Shoes stay in the garage.  To let children play in them and cover themselves with them??  A Big No.  Who knows what those shoes have stepped in.  People are disinfecting packages that are delivered, and groceries when they are brought into the house.  But play with dirty shoes---that's ok.  (Shakes head)

Jill walked around a hospital in her bare feet. Wannabe midwife school must not have covered germ theory at all.

• Love 6
20 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Jill walked around a hospital in her bare feet. Wannabe midwife school must not have covered germ theory at all.

Derick walked around the hospital barefoot as well, posing for pictures with his dirty bare feet. Can’t believe they didn’t throw him out.

• Love 2

I foresee a lot of bee stings if they don't get rid of all the clover in their backyard. Other than that, I have major yard envy for the size of their yard and their fence. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Maybe Jill mixed up putting mustard on a burn with a bee sting? For the record mustard, honey, mayonnaise etc. should never be put in a burn either, so of course a Duggar would do it first thing. 

• Love 8

I've never heard of mustard being used on a sting before. When I was stung by a bee or a wasp, my mom but ammonia on it. I remember once I had a wasp sting on the palm of my hand from putting away groceries and a wasp was in the bag. She put the ammonia on it, and not only did it feel better instantly, but it was fascinating to watch the venom being extracted from my hand. The venom was a distinctly different color from the ammonia.

Anyway, I hope the mustard helped Izzy.

• Useful 11
  • Love 5

They have a nice backyard for the boys to play in, but their house siding looks so cheap. 

I wish Jill had acknowledged the boys when they kept talking over her. Just something like, "Yeah Sam, I see." or "One minute, buddy, and we'll come see." 

• Love 4
On 7/24/2020 at 9:06 PM, JoanArc said:

Maybe Jill mixed up putting mustard on a burn with a bee sting? For the record mustard, honey, mayonnaise etc. should never be put in a burn either, so of course a Duggar would do it first thing. 

I know that you don't put greasy things on burns, but I imagine that honey would be OK, having some antibacterial properties. Sticky, though!  The best thing for burns, in my experience, is soy sauce. 

I walk barefoot in the yard all the time, and we have lots of clover and six beehives. I got stung once, about four years ago. I don't think it's all that risky.

• Useful 4
  • Love 4
On 7/25/2020 at 12:11 AM, AnnaBaptist said:

I've never heard of mustard being used on a sting before. When I was stung by a bee or a wasp, my mom but ammonia on it. I remember once I had a wasp sting on the palm of my hand from putting away groceries and a wasp was in the bag. She put the ammonia on it, and not only did it feel better instantly, but it was fascinating to watch the venom being extracted from my hand. The venom was a distinctly different color from the ammonia.

Anyway, I hope the mustard helped Izzy.

I never have heard of mustard being used either for bee stings.  We always used a paste of baking soda mixed with a bit of water.  And that works very well.  I used a little drop of ammonia on mosquito bites to stop them from itching. 

• Love 6
On 7/24/2020 at 7:50 PM, PradaKitty said:

I got my first bee sting last Saturday and I’m 65 years old! 
I put ice on it, took a couple of Benadryl and went on my way. No mustard was needed!

I'm 54 and have never been stung. My mom would get stung constantly but she would swat at them and then be surprised when they got her.  I have a healthy respect for bees and wasps..... I run the opposite direction. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2